PDA

View Full Version : Module Editing help

Coola
09-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Hey i've currently been making a module area by just manualy editing the .git file. It's been going fine, but i've only now just found out that the map for the area I have been modding is available for the Module Editor in the Kotor Tool.

Is there anyway to mold my already customized area into a module project, without starting my module again?

This is for KOTOR by the way.

Thanks in advance

goldberry
09-04-2006, 08:47 AM
No. The module editor can only load current projects and extracted maps, it can't edit something that you've already started editing manually. Sorry.

Pavlos
09-04-2006, 08:48 AM
You don't actually need to do anything :).

Open the Module Editor
KotOR Tool --> Tools --> Open Module Editor

Then use the Module editor to open up the folder with your project files in.
File --> Open Module Project

The tool will ask you which game it is for, select the correct one... and away you go. No need to start again :).

Coola
09-04-2006, 08:49 AM
aw well, thanks for letting me know

Edit: You don't actually need to do anything :).

Open the Module Editor
KotOR Tool --> Tools --> Open Module Editor

Then use the Module editor to open up the folder with your project files in.
File --> Open Module Project

The tool will ask you which game it is for, select the correct one... and away you go. No need to start again :).

hmm...when i tried this i got an error

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

goldberry
09-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Are you using items that aren't in your userpallete folder or aren't already ingame?

Coola
09-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Are you using items that aren't in your userpallete folder or aren't already ingame?

I cant try it right now. So i put my custom made stuff in the Userpallete folder and the normal untouched stuff in the module project folder?