PDA

View Full Version : Veridian Echo Mod part 1

Torthane
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Torthane here, I am announcing the upcoming release of the first part of my Veridian Echo mod. The purpose of this mod will be to make KOTOR II look and sound a little prettier and to improve the gameplay without drastically changing the story. I am nearly done with the first pack which will change the face textures for the Handmaiden, Atton, the Desciple, Visas, and Mira. This mod will also change the equipment loadouts of the afformentioned characters with some new goodies like a deadly accurate sniper rifle, bladed gloves for the handmaiden, and an advanced medical computer for the Disciple. Also included will be some new clothing/underclothing skins. The mod will also change the combat to be more fast-paced and challenging. More info on the way with some screenshots.

Torthane
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Update: Got some screenshots for you all. The changes are subtle but you can see the difference in the eyes and skin texture. Any feedback or suggestions would be great.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/tazdjoxbth.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/nzpwskwigh.jpg

More on the way soon.

Kainzorus Prime
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Hmm purple eyes and raised contrast of skin on Mira.
Facial hair and veins (?) on Atton.

Fiestainabox
09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Amazing Atton looks alot more like his chacter "should" look like. Great job, Im excited!

goldberry
09-13-2006, 04:49 PM
I like the Atton, but I'm not very observant, so I don't see much change in Mira :D
EDIT: Wait a sec, have you given her freckles? Going for the dangerous horney teenage look?

Torthane
09-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Update: Here's another one of Mira. Glad you guys liked the new Atton look. As for the dangerous horney teenage look, sure. Check this out.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/zqlhbzwrdk.jpg

PS: she will come with a sniper rifle in this mod.

stoffe
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Update: Here's another one of Mira. Glad you guys liked the new Atton look. As for the dangerous horney teenage look, sure. Check this out.
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/zqlhbzwrdk.jpg

Hmm, is just my screen's brightness too low, or does she have solid black eyes? She looks rather alien-like in some eerie way. :)

Other than that it looks pretty good so far.

goldberry
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Solid black middle, outer area purple. She looks really pissed off.

Torthane
09-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I agree that her eyes are much too dark, I had the wrong skin applied when I took those shots. I will fix it soon and get some new screens for it along with Visas, Brianna and The Disciple.

Torthane
09-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Update: Another one of Atton looking rather glum.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/xfxhuljogn.jpg

And the Disciple so far.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/55075/qedyztdwwn.jpg

Fjope
09-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Are those liver spots, or is it just bad acne? :) Those look great, wish I could texture like that. Are you going to redo the entire party, or just these?

Torthane
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Update: I ran into a problem so it will probably be a little while before I get it fixed. I'll try to post a few more screens soon though.

Torthane
09-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Update: Still fixing that bug, but here's a comparison of the old handmaiden (on the left) to my new handmaiden skin (on the right). Hope you like the new skin, and as always criticize it as much as you want. I'm always open to suggestions.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/nvdxzvwsmu.jpg

PS: new one of Mira coming soon, and I should have new underclothes skins up soon too.

Darth Dragoon
09-23-2006, 02:12 PM
how did you get the facial hair to look real?

Pavlos
09-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmm, this looks interesting. I'm not sure about the marks on Atton's face but on the whole... wow :). How extensive is this mod to be? Are we talking about area reskins, or just NPCs (Which is a massive task in itself)? This will likely be one of my must-haves :).

Torthane
09-23-2006, 05:52 PM
how did you get the facial hair to look real?

It took a long time,but I'm glad you think it looks real. And to respond to Pavlos's questions this first realease will change some of the NPC's textures and will also change all of the weapons to be more powerful. The enemies will also get a boost but not to harcore mod standards. It will also add some exclusive weapons and equipment for some of the party members.

goldberry
09-23-2006, 05:58 PM
I can't wait till this is released. You've got my download if only for the NPC reskins. Could I say one thing about Brianna? She now has brown eyebrows and white hair... it looks kind of freaky, but thats just IMO.

EnderWiggin
09-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Ooh, maybe now I'll actually use handmaiden instead of just leaving her on the Hawk.

I like them a lot...

_EW_

xmovingpicturesx
09-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Wow, these all look great. I'm loving that Handmaiden.

stoffe
09-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Hope you like the new skin, and as always criticize it as much as you want. I'm always open to suggestions.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/nvdxzvwsmu.jpg

Overall it looks pretty good and is an improvement. Maybe it's just my monitor brightness that's wrong again, or does she have a solid black iris and pupil in her eyes?

There's something in that skin that also makes her look more like a teenage boy than a young woman for some reason, but I can't quite put a finger on what. But maybe that was intentional? :)

darthcarth
09-24-2006, 04:08 PM
YEah i dont think she is that young to have that much achne.

Torthane
09-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Update: Well I hope this is an improvment to my Atton skin. I think I got rid of those weird spots on his face. The pic on the left is the defualt game Atton and the one on the right is his new skin. As always feedback is welcome.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/ubcbuucaat.jpg

Pavlos
09-24-2006, 04:40 PM
There's something in that skin that also makes her look more like a teenage boy than a young woman for some reason, but I can't quite put a finger on what. But maybe that was intentional? :)

That's actually really scary. Ever since you said that, I can see it too - which is annoying.

Nice improvements for Atton, Torthane :).

Torthane
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Update: Here's another shot at Mira. As usual the pic on the left is the unmodified Mira while the one on the right is the one I did.

PS: I know what you mean about the Handmaiden looking rather like a teenaged boy. I'll have to work on her some more. Kudos to everyone for all of the feedback, sometimes I just don't notice these things on my own.

PPS: Underclothes on the way! (What, you're not overjoyed? What's wrong with you.)

Here's the Mira pic (hopefully I didn't go too overboard with the freckles):
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/zkazycthvo.jpg

foolproof
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow .. Just wow. Awsome work man!

I think that so far you've got Atton right on (awsome beard - must have taken forever to make it look so realistic. Its almost like the next gen facial hair developers create for all the new games coming out) so keep him that way.

Onto Mira : the latest skin is very very nice, the eyes in perticular are just amaizing (same with Atton eyes). The previous Mira eyes were just a bit too darkish purple and really had no dimension kinda like too dark blobs of ink. Also about the freckles its more of a personal taste type of thing so 50% are going to say: great/realistic/revolutionary and 50% will say: umm cut em by about 30-40% cuz its going overboard/ wtf pimples!! / smallpox? . So since adding 2 skins would be impractical because then the darkside transitions would have to have 2 skins each aswell for greater realism, the best solution would be to leave her as she is or host a poll or something. Maybe it would be in the best interest of all fans to cut back on freckles about 20% (since some might hate and others love it), but I wouldn't mind her being like this since she is a redhead and the freckles suit her (this is IMO however). The other characters however I dont think should have freckles (or at least to that extent).

And... Handmaiden : Maybe if you revert eye color back to original she might keep that feminine look in her face , and spread out the freckles a bit to take out that redness around her nose. Or just take them out entirely. But then again its your work so maybe its best to suprise us with something cool just like new atton and mira.

It would proly be best if u tried to do something different with each of the characters (beard, no beard /or long beard, short beard type of thing for Atton and Disciple and freckles/ no frecles for Mira and Handmaiden) so they have an individual look just like their individual personalities.

Lastly Disciple : It'd be great if you can get rid of that redness around nose area and either give him an Atton-style beard or Mira-style freckles (perhaps not to that extent). And most imporant thing IMO would be to change his blue eyes into the same blue for the rim of/outer the pupil and a lighter blue on the inside (somewhat like original Handmaiden eyes).

Well srry about the long post but you did say you welcome all feedback (especially constuctive critisism). So I posted this here instead of PMing you ideas so that others can see my thoughts aswell and improve on them. Well I have to say Briliant work so far! Cant wait to see how it turns out so take your time and dont rush! :clap2:

Torthane
09-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback Foolproof! Believe me, I love long posts and I plan on including multiple skin choices in the pack so people can pick the ones they like the best. I'm still not quite sure what to do with Desciple and Handmaiden but I'll try your suggestion about the eyes. The main trouble with the disciple is that he has some texture stretching and the way the developers mapped him is a little strange. In other words he's a little hard to work on, but I'll do my best to fix him and the Handmaiden up. Glad you like the skins so far.

Cheers,

joshua13
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Holy cow! All I can say is, I want this. And if what you posted on my thread about the underclothes being one-piecers is all I get out of it, definitely worth the time to download. Very nice work.

MetalMark
09-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Great mod!

But what are all those red things on their faces?

goldberry
09-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Put simply... freckles.

Jolly Boots
09-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback Foolproof! Believe me, I love long posts and I plan on including multiple skin choices in the pack so people can pick the ones they like the best. I'm still not quite sure what to do with Desciple and Handmaiden but I'll try your suggestion about the eyes. The main trouble with the disciple is that he has some texture stretching and the way the developers mapped him is a little strange. In other words he's a little hard to work on, but I'll do my best to fix him and the Handmaiden up. Glad you like the skins so far.

Cheers,
If it were up to me, I'd give Disciple a whole new head. Give him an actual upperlip.

wasa7
09-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Hello Torthane, great pictures and surely this will b a great mod!
Like what you did with Handmaiden, as it is in the picture above. Atton and Mira look great in the second pic of each other. Disciple, well, I don't use him in the game but he looks ok. Can't wait to see what can you do about Bao-Dur. I never liked his face much, I think is a little fat for his body. I would like him better if he had a skinnier face like Darth Maul. Do not use the same color as Maul's, please! I'm intrigued about Kreia and Visas, I think they look fine. Anyways, keep the good job!

Torthane
09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Update: Underwear skins completed for Mira and Visas. Handmaiden will be done soon (she will have multiple skin choices since you have to see her in her undies.) Hopefully no one will find these too offensive (If you do I will include more modest ones in the mod in addition to these shown below).

What's better than a girl in her underwear with a nice gun? :naughty:

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/avzbvjnfpp.jpg

Except a girl in her underwear with two lightsabers! :nut:

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/pbrstyfnjv.jpg

MetalMark
09-28-2006, 09:09 AM
:drop2: I'm really loving the one with Visas. Mira is great to.

Torthane
09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Calling all Beta testers.

Update: Everything is working so far and I have begun testing. Thing is I am going to need some beta testers to try out the gameplay enhancements/rebalencing. I'll have more details in a little while. If anyone is interested in testing this mod in the near future you can post here or PM me. Thanks! More pics and info on the way soon. More info about beta testing here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171046

MetalMark
09-28-2006, 03:03 PM
PM sended.

Also will these reskins change their portraits?

Torthane
09-28-2006, 03:23 PM
PM sended.

Also will these reskins change their portraits?

It surely will. Unless I run into problems. I am also going to have new Darkside transitions for them (less zombie like and more like they are evil inside). This mod is also going to have new items and some new sounds and stuff.

Darth Balor
09-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Nicely done Torthane, the facial hair on atton is really well done makes him seem more like he should. and the mira and handmaiden textures are really good too.

Are you also going to have rextextures of the PC skins or just the npcs?

Torthane
09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Nicely done Torthane, the facial hair on atton is really well done makes him seem more like he should. and the mira and handmaiden textures are really good too.

Are you also going to have rextextures of the PC skins or just the npcs?

Good question, by the final release I will have new darkside transitions at least and maybe some minor reskin work too. Plus I am going to throw in a little surprise for everyone (beta testers like yourself will of course get to know before anyone else).

Nema_Suneimi
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
1. The more natural-looking skin tone is very appealing.

2. I think the Handmaiden's new face looks great (don't mind the androgynous quality), although I agree that lightened or frosted eyebrows would fit the hair better.

3. Atton's mini goatee is bothering me. I hated the goatees on Dopak and the scarred male PC, as well, though. (Carth) Stubble = very nice.... Mini-goatee or soul-patch = not attractive on my goofy adorable Atton. I admit he should be a little down and out, lost his razor and all that, but I think he would have usually been clean-shaven and a little vain about his pretty-boy looks, IMO.

4. Visas's undersuit is stellar!

5. Oh, and whatever you did to the Disciple is a big improvement (I think his eyes are wonderful). I would like to see him with perhaps a darker shade of hair with some blond highlights around the temples and crown or some-such, and maybe a bit of a shadow under his eyes... His hair is so awful, it makes him look ten years older than Atton even though he's supposed to be younger. I wish we could crop it.

Torthane
09-29-2006, 11:01 PM
3. Atton's mini goatee is bothering me. I hated the goatees on Dopak and the scarred male PC, as well, though. (Carth) Stubble = very nice.... Mini-goatee or soul-patch = not attractive on my goofy adorable Atton. I admit he should be a little down and out, lost his razor and all that, but I think he would have usually been clean-shaven and a little vain about his pretty-boy looks, IMO.
No fear Nema, I will include multiple skin choices for each npc I reskin (except Visas seeing as her reskin is very minor) And I have a new skin for the Disciple and another one for the Handmaiden. I'll be posting pics soon.

Torthane
10-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Update: I've got most of the gameplay changes done, just need to test them now. I've still got a few skins to finish, mostly in the area of darkside transitions but I should be pretty close to done once all of the testing is finished. Sorry for the development of this mod going on for so long, but the end is in sight! More updates and pics on the way.

Torthane
10-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Update: All of the files are ready for beta testing. Should have them ready to go later today. I don't have all of the skins done quite yet but they don't have to be finished for the testers.

Darth Balor
10-05-2006, 04:12 PM
is it ready?

Torthane
10-05-2006, 04:58 PM
is it ready?

Not quite yet, I'm having trouble uploading the files.

Darth Balor
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
try kotorfiles.com or attach them to a email for the testers

Torthane
10-06-2006, 01:30 AM
try kotorfiles.com or attach them to a email for the testers

I'm afraid that the files are too large to attach to an email (gmail only lets me attach up to five MBs and the file is more than twenty) Don't worry though, I willl get them up tomorrow, filefront was just acting screwy today.

Shortynds
10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I can Beta test if you want and Superb (with capital "S") re-skins. BTW why the topic title "Veridian Echo"?

Nema_Suneimi
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
woo-hoo, I'm waiting.... :) I like the idea of having a couple of choices on skins, looking forward to giving it a run!

Torthane
10-06-2006, 05:14 PM
woo-hoo, I'm waiting.... :) I like the idea of having a couple of choices on skins, looking forward to giving it a run!

Darn it! I forgot to put the extra skins in with the beta files. I'll post them in a separate zip file tomorrow or later today.

For beta testers (including Nema) check your email. I got the files uploaded just a little while ago.

Nema_Suneimi
10-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Playing through now. I've got a game crash after the cutscenes of getting shot down on Telos (before meeting Bao-Dur). Before that, everything worked smoothly. Nice custom items, not over-powered, and Atton looks good (I guess I could get used to the goatee).

I'm also trying your music mod -- very nice. I removed it after my game crash to see if that was the problem -- wasn't.

Addlcove
10-09-2006, 08:41 AM
playing through it as well, will mail you complete review when done (and a list of the mods that fixes stuff I can't do without, none has files colliding with your mod though)

Torthane
10-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Playing through now. I've got a game crash after the cutscenes of getting shot down on Telos (before meeting Bao-Dur). Before that, everything worked smoothly. Nice custom items, not over-powered, and Atton looks good (I guess I could get used to the goatee).

I'm also trying your music mod -- very nice. I removed it after my game crash to see if that was the problem -- wasn't.

Now that is strange. I haven't done anything to Bao-Dur yet. Thanks for reporting it Nema, I'll look into it. I'll email you a link to the other Atton skins today if I can. Thank you for doing this.

And to respond to the question "why the name Veridian Echo?" Well, becuase this mod will include a new party character who goes by the name of Echo.

MetalMark
10-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Havent been online for some time. Tomorrow I will start with testing everything.

Addlcove
10-09-2006, 03:05 PM
getting same problem as Nema, game crash after cutscenes of shutdown, basicly when it's supposed to start loading the telos planet. does not even get to the loadscene.

goldberry
10-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Okay, I'm just about to visit the masters on Dantooine, and my comments from my PM haven't changed.

Just to keep you posted.

P.S. Still, atton has that really annoying line down his forehead. Is anyone else getting this?

Torthane
10-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay, I'm just about to visit the masters on Dantooine, and my comments from my PM haven't changed.

Just to keep you posted.

P.S. Still, atton has that really annoying line down his forehead. Is anyone else getting this?

Thank you! And Atton has that weird line on my comp now too, it's annoying but I think I can fix it. Speaking of fixing things, I'm pretty sure I know what's causing the game to crash when going to Telos surface (it crashed for me too) so I will try and fix it.

Addlcove
10-10-2006, 04:19 AM
trying playthrough with non canon char (male DS) want to see if that will cause a crash as well (first play was female LS)

although the gender and force alignment really shouldnt effect the crashing, but how did goldberry get past it?

Darth Balor
10-10-2006, 05:46 AM
ok since you didnt send me an email i'll have to fine the alternate files on my own. so far so good i havent got onto the surface trying to complet subquests.
I like the goatee maybe you could change a little on kreia as well.

i need someone to send me the manual.pdf from the docs folder of swkotor 2 so i can re-update.

Atoon loses his beard when you go to the darkside

MetalMark
10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
I can't download it. I click the link in the email than I go to filefront I press the download buton. It says that it is contacting the server and than I get an error message.

Torthane
10-10-2006, 11:33 AM
ok since you didnt send me an email i'll have to fine the alternate files on my own. so far so good i havent got onto the surface trying to complet subquests.
I like the goatee maybe you could change a little on kreia as well.

i need someone to send me the manual.pdf from the docs folder of swkotor 2 so i can re-update.

Atoon loses his beard when you go to the darkside

Yup, I haven't done darkside transitions yet, but I am nearly done with them. I'm still trying to figure out what is making the game chrash just before Telos surface. No luck yet, but I'll keep you posted. As for the download not working for MetalMark I really can't help you.

Addlcove
10-10-2006, 12:43 PM
well torthane, what is different between our games and goldberries? if he's been talking to jedimasters on dantooine he got past telos, so there most be something different

MetalMark
10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
It's downloading the files at the moment, I will test it as fast as possible.

Darth Maleval
10-10-2006, 01:59 PM
id like to beta test aswell

Addlcove
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
crashed on DS playthrough as well, harddisk sounds like its searching for something when the game does crash, maybe there is an error with the Baodur skin links for the module? (dont know if that makes sense)

goldberry
10-10-2006, 05:34 PM
People are talking about thier games crashing on Telos. I spent a few hours getting to that point on (yet) another new file earlier, and I experience no such crashes.

What file is it that sucks? (That is a joke, btw)

Torthane
10-10-2006, 05:59 PM
People are talking about thier games crashing on Telos. I spent a few hours getting to that point on (yet) another new file earlier, and I experience no such crashes.

What file is it that sucks? (That is a joke, btw)

Is your game patched?

goldberry
10-10-2006, 06:15 PM
yes.

Addlcove
10-10-2006, 06:19 PM
not on telos, but when telos module is supposed to be loaded.

Torthane and Nema did you have the "escaped criminals" fix installed?

that is the only mod I can think of that will affect telos.

will try a playthrough tomorrow without that installed, see if it makes a difference

goldberry
10-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm about to start the ravager, and now im going to bed. No comments as to bugs/glitches as none have been found (although that in itself is a comment :P ). I was suprised when I started down the darkside path and the characters reverted, but it's clear that no DS transitions have been done so no probs.

I stand by my comment that the weapons are a bit overpowered (then again, I play stealth).

Nema_Suneimi
10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Got the fix -- thanks Torthane, Telos is running now. And I like the scruffy Atton skin, perfect!

Torthane
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Fixed! I got the problem fixed! Beta testers, check your PM inboxes.

MetalMark
10-12-2006, 10:55 AM
With the fixed version I have just dealt with the exchange om Telos for the ithorians (I am LS) so I´m almost gonna see if to doesn´t crash anymore

Torthane
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
With the fixed version I have just dealt with the exchange om Telos for the ithorians (I am LS) so I´m almost gonna see if to doesn´t crash anymore

It worked fine for me.

Update: Got some new skins finished for HK-47, Bao-Dur, and Kreia. I also tweaked the difficulty, and it's very challenging on hard (not impossible, but very hard) the fights on normal can be prety exciting too. I'll be posting more screenshots soon.

Addlcove
10-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I got my arse whooped as a sith lord by the first jedi master I encountered, special items or not :)

Torthane
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I got my arse whooped as a sith lord by the first jedi master I encountered, special items or not :)

Was that on hard or easy?

Addlcove
10-13-2006, 07:57 AM
normal.

mind, my sith lords are specced for damage not defense

but vrook took me down in 3 hits max if I didnt use energyshields

Jorad Khor
10-13-2006, 07:57 AM
I love your skins. I always thought the original graphics to be very lame. I hope they get finished soon :)

Torthane
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
normal.

mind, my sith lords are specced for damage not defense

but vrook took me down in 3 hits max if I didnt use energyshields

Ouch!

Update: My graphics card crashed so I was forced to switch to my crappy onboard so I haven't been able to test it much at all, but I am working on Echo's voice and lines so at least progress hasn't come to a halt. Once again a big thanks to all of the beta testers who are helping me out!

Nema_Suneimi
10-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Still doing well on the mod testing, no other probs.

I'm not too fond of the Disciple's scruff that ended up in the Beta package. I played around with a skin, myself -- I think if he's going to have facial hair, that it should be along a regular well-kempt beard, like a professor or somesuch, with the blondish highlights, and I personally think his eyes are too blue, the irises look huge. Anyway, something like this (I went light on the beard, painting hair takes a while... and deeper blue eyes with darker rims):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/rihaku/KotOR%20screens/mical_beard.jpg

goldberry
10-15-2006, 06:25 AM
Woah, that's a great improvement on the disciple.

MetalMark
10-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Everything still goes fine for me. Going to my second planet (done peragus, telos and dantooine).

Darkguardian098
10-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow! Just took a look at this thread and man this looks awesome! One thing I might suggest on Mira's underwear is to make it a two piece because her clothes expose the mid-riff so the underwear should to, unless she's not supposed to be wearing anything under her clothes...

But all in all, this looks incredible!

Torthane
10-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Still doing well on the mod testing, no other probs.

I'm not too fond of the Disciple's scruff that ended up in the Beta package. I played around with a skin, myself -- I think if he's going to have facial hair, that it should be along a regular well-kempt beard, like a professor or somesuch, with the blondish highlights, and I personally think his eyes are too blue, the irises look huge. Anyway, something like this (I went light on the beard, painting hair takes a while... and deeper blue eyes with darker rims):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h131/rihaku/KotOR%20screens/mical_beard.jpg

I really like that skin Nema! With your permission could I put it in the mod as another choice? and to respond to darkguardian098 I am working on a bare mid-riff on the Mira underclothes skin. Still haven't gotten my GPU back up so progress has been slow.

Nema_Suneimi
10-15-2006, 09:01 PM
heh heh, I'd be pretty honored to have that Disciple in the VE package! First time I tried to do something other than a bit of color brightening. :)

--

I noticed something with Mira's new shirt -- the tail of the knot that was on her original green shirt pokes through the new texture. I don't do modelling (yet) so I don't know if that can be removed or even if it's a big deal?

Torthane
10-15-2006, 11:42 PM
heh heh, I'd be pretty honored to have that Disciple in the VE package! First time I tried to do something other than a bit of color brightening. :)

--

I noticed something with Mira's new shirt -- the tail of the knot that was on her original green shirt pokes through the new texture. I don't do modelling (yet) so I don't know if that can be removed or even if it's a big deal?

The Mira thing is odd becuase it doesn't do that on mine. I'd look into it, but my video card is still down.

Torthane
10-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Update: My video card is still down, and it looks like I am going to have to order a new one. Anyway, I've got some good work done on the Echo scripts and I've got a few more reskins done too so work has not halted. The mod should be pretty near completion once I get another video card.

Torthane
10-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Update: It's not dead! The mod is still going and now that I have a new video card in my computer I have gotten back to work. I've got three new skins to show you all.

First, two bad boys decked out in their custom equipment:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/fpovjwzuxg.jpg

Second, my new Bao-Dur skin (work in progress)
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/bzbrninsnt.jpg

And last but not least, Mira in her new underwear (work in progress)
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/oizpjsjhrw.jpg

I'm still working on rebalancing difficulty and stuff but there should be more updates soon along with some more skins. As always comments or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

xmovingpicturesx
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
MY GOD! Atton looks nice. Although, I'm not seeing much of a change in Bao-Dur besides the skin.

Torthane
10-30-2006, 01:40 PM
MY GOD! Atton looks nice. Although, I'm not seeing much of a change in Bao-Dur besides the skin.

Thank you! I really like the Atton skin too (I should, I made it and all) it makes him look tougher, more like someone who could hold his own. As stated the Bao-Dur skin is a work in progress, so I hope to add a little more to it soon. Thanks for commenting!

goldberry
10-30-2006, 03:05 PM
good to see it's not dead. I finished the game on the Beta btw, it worked glitch free (except the line down atton's forehead*).

*I love bringing that up, and am aware that it is work in progress :D

Torthane
10-30-2006, 03:07 PM
good to see it's not dead. I finished the game on the Beta btw, it worked glitch free (except the line down atton's forehead*).

*I love bringing that up, and am aware that it is work in progress :D

Damn that line! I can't seem to get rid of it! But rest assured that I am trying my best.

foolproof
10-30-2006, 09:22 PM

QFE.

Amazing work man! Keep at it. I think the Bao-Dur looks unbelievable. The shading you added on his face looks really great! You could do some work on his suit if you really wanted to but its still awesome. Atton is perfect (save for that line down his forehead - dunno what the issue might be but i do know that ive gotten that same problem in K1 with Carth and Canderous with heavily modded game of course).

Anyway congrads on a job well done! Take your time with it - its going to be worth the wait.

Torthane
10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm glad you are willing to wait foolproof becuase it will still be a little while before it's all done. I just keep adding more things I want; right now I am working on some new Hi-res textures for some of the npc and terrain textures. I'll try to post more images soon. Thank you all for showing such interest! Your encoragement is helping keep this mod alive!

MarkL
10-31-2006, 05:57 PM
I think Atton needs a scar or two. I mean, scoundrels have rough lives, no?

Torthane
10-31-2006, 06:36 PM
I think Atton needs a scar or two. I mean, scoundrels have rough lives, no?

That they do, but I can't put a scare on one side of his face without it being mirored on the other. The reason is that Obsidian only made a texture for one half of his face and the just mirored it for the other side. I hope to eventually find a way around this problem but it won't make it into this mod I'm afraid.

Nema_Suneimi
11-01-2006, 04:40 AM
Woo-hoo, I think the Bao skin is awesome, too, and nice touches on his base clothing -- I always thought he looked better in that than in any of the other stuff available in the game.

Been distracted from KotOR lately by several NWN community modules I downloaded... But I'm still checking in on VE updates here!

Darth Trylan
11-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I would like to beta test if you are still needing some. i have a good sound,video,graphic card so i can test it to its limits..

MarkL
11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm still working on rebalancing difficulty and stuff but there should be more updates soon along with some more skins. As always comments or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

Super work so far!

I'm wondering, though: there are already a couple of difficulty mods (the Hardcore mod, Achilles' rebalancing mod, an AI mod or two) so, while I'm not presuming to tell you what you should be doing with your time and talents, are you sure your mod needs a rebalancing element too, that isn't already served by these others?

Again, please don't take this as a critique or criticism. Your work here is outstanding.

Torthane
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Super work so far!

I'm wondering, though: there are already a couple of difficulty mods (the Hardcore mod, Achilles' rebalancing mod, an AI mod or two) so, while I'm not presuming to tell you what you should be doing with your time and talents, are you sure your mod needs a rebalancing element too, that isn't already served by these others?

Again, please don't take this as a critique or criticism. Your work here is outstanding.

Don't worry, I'm not offended very easily, and yes I am fully aware of the rebalance/difficulty mods out there (I drew quite a lot of inspiration from them) but I am revamping everything from, weapon dameges and enemy stats to how quickly you level up. So it's not just a rebalance mod with some skins thrown in. Once it is finished it will play differently from the origanal game, not just be more challenging. I also aim for this mod too be very flexible and user configurable with multiople choices of gamplay style (for instance one choice will be to play with upgraded force powers that drain much more force per use but are very powerful ie: lightening killing someone in two hits but draining most of your force points). Thanks for the question and I hope my answer was satisfactory.

11-01-2006, 07:10 PM
will this use TSL Patcher? And will the items (sniper rifle, spiked gloves, etc.) be available separately?

MarkL
11-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Understood. That's a very ambitious plan. More power to you!

Would you then consider making your cosmetic changes (reskins, etc) be separate from your gameplay changes? I have to say I'm much more interested in the former at the moment (since I haven't even gotten all the way through TSL yet), although after mastering the game I may want to do the Torthane version. :)

And to second someone else's question, will this use TSL patcher? Your mod sounds like it is going to touch on about everything (assuming it's one monolithic mod) and I worry about compatibility with some of my other favorites I'm already using.

Axell
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Atton looks inbeliveably beautiful! Bao-Dur's face also.
Might i suggest something? Maybe try making Atton's eyebrows more "solid", so they can stand out a little bit more?
Dunno, my 2 cents. :)

Torthane
11-02-2006, 10:47 AM
I plan on realeasing a 'lite' version which will just include the gameplay changes, the full version that comes with all of the extra skins and stuff, and just the skin pack. All three packs will use the TSL patcher, though the VE mod may not work well with all of the other mods out there. Also becuase of the way KOTOR II loads its files if you start useing the mod halfway through a playthrough you will find yourself being crushed over and over again becuase you will not have the enahnced weapons (they do twice as much damage on average) but most of your enemies will. As soon as I get the last few gameplay changes done I will post an official description here. Once again thank you for your questions!

11-02-2006, 03:45 PM
but will a only-adding-new-items-and-not-tinkering-with-anything-else pack be available?

Miltiades
11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
If I understand correctly, he plans on releasing 3 versions, two 'lite' versions, one is the skin pack, the other the Gameplay Changes, and then the full version with both.

Torthane
11-03-2006, 12:29 PM
If I understand correctly, he plans on releasing 3 versions, two 'lite' versions, one is the skin pack, the other the Gameplay Changes, and then the full version with both.

Correct. But I could realese pack with just the new items too if people want.

Torthane
11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Update: Got some new screens for you all, but first some general news. I have decided to include a small romance enhancment with the VE mod. This enhancment will be small as stated above but I plan on having full voice work and hopefully some kissing (I know KOTOR 1 had a kiss in it so there should be an animation). I am also working on an extension for the end of the game; I thought the original ending was weak and needed something more. Anyway I wanted to know if you all thought it would be better if I go ahead and release the first part and then go for the romance addon and stuff, or if I should wait to release it until it is all finished. The advantage to waiting is that you will only have to do one playthrough instead of two, but it could take a little while (by that I mean probably two or three months). I would love to hear what you think!

Here are the pics as promised:

The new hi-res Atton skin (I will also have a gotee one too):
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/dpvxvwfpnr.jpg

And to get you all excited, a certain someone else:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/uoftxqyvuv.jpg

Addlcove
11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
you should make Kreias eyes either all black or all white, anything else will look like enhanced pupils (sp?) and not like blindness

Torthane
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM
you should make Kreias eyes either all black or all white, anything else will look like enhanced pupils (sp?) and not like blindness

Yeah, I was going for all black, but I need to go a little further.

Gam3rSW
11-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I think it would be better if you released the new skins and gameplay changes first, then the romance stuff can come later as an add-on. That would be better IMO.

Torthane
11-11-2006, 02:30 PM
I think it would be better if you released the new skins and gameplay changes first, then the romance stuff can come later as an add-on. That would be better IMO.

Yeah, I think that would be better too. It should be ready pretty soon in that case.

Torthane
11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Update: I am getting really close to finishing this mod. It should be done before Christmas. Anyway here are some more screenshots for you all. Tell me what you think.

Handmaiden and Visas:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/qessimwyds.jpg

Handmaiden's underclothes:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/mqyerwlqbb.jpg

And Kriea's new robes:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/phfvjszubl.jpg

Master Zionosis
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
This is some superb work torthane, my eyes must be blind i've only just found out about this project, really amazing work. Cant wait for the finished mod, keep up the good work.

wasa7
11-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Really nice work indeed! Right now I'm playing through Kotor and when I finish I'll go again with Kotor II, I will certainly have this mod in my Override. Could you add more pictures of Kreia?

Are you planning on changing some in game environments? What about changing the Harbinger? I think the Harbinger should be a little darker in the inside, so I would feel more like a ghost ship, like the place where Kreia meets Darth Sion. It's just an idea.

In any case, keep the good work, I can't wait to this mod to be released!

Eiganjo
11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
That screenshot with Visas in it: Is that going to be her standart-clothing or an armor?

Nema_Suneimi
11-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Awesome on the latest screenshots. Loving Visas's robes and finally Handmaiden has some decent undies. Also glad to lose Kreia's pukey old robe colors! =)

Torthane
11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
That screenshot with Visas in it: Is that going to be her standart-clothing or an armor?

In the screen shot those are Bloodborn robes which are only wearable by Visas. She will also have her normal clothing look (improved a little) and some stealth oriented robes.

FunSolo
11-20-2006, 12:50 AM
seems its the first time i saw this thread, so i just took a look at those screens and read the comments afterwards; really good work tho. i like the reskins pretty much, specially attons face, what u did to baodurs skin so far, and mira (damn she looks a bit bitchy now but definitly hot, keep it, me likey yay :D). nemas reskin of the disciple is well done as well, since im always trying to get this game looking more "smooth". any updates bout the estimated release date? cant wait, cant wait, cant wait ;) :D

Torthane
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
I should be done before christmas. I'm mostly doing testing right now (make sure there are no bugs and to make sure iot works with the high level force powers mod and stuff) anyway, I hope it will be worth the wait for everyone.

wasa7
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Don't worry Torthane, it is worth it! We have all criticize many game developpers for releasing a game with bugs, so you take your time and see that everything is ok. We all apreciate the effort and the time you're investing in this mod.

Torthane
11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Don't worry Torthane, it is worth it! We have all criticize many game developpers for releasing a game with bugs, so you take your time and see that everything is ok. We all apreciate the effort and the time you're investing in this mod.

Glad to hear it! Hopefully it will be bug free by the time I release it.

Ambrose
12-01-2006, 08:44 PM
This looks... amazing. It will have a permanent spot in my override folder when it's finished :drop2:

etheberge
12-02-2006, 07:51 PM
I am looking forward to this as well, especially the skins.

Torthane
12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm glad to see a few new people intruduced to the mod and I'm glad you like what you see so far. I am still testing it/adding new skins and items but it is all working pretty well. I will probably post some more screenshots soon. Thanks for continuing to show interest averyone!

etheberge
12-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the update.

I've been a lurker here for a long time but I figured it would be appropriate to start showing a bit of appreciation for you and all the talented modders. All you guys make it a fun to play an almost two year old game over and over thanks to all the new content.

Between the Restoration Project and all the modders from Holowan, this has got to be the best modding community out there.

Keep it up.

Wrathan
12-14-2006, 03:07 AM
maybe I missed it, but is this available for DL, and where?

Torthane
12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
maybe I missed it, but is this available for DL, and where?

It's not available for download yet, but it will be in a week or two. I hope.

PS: welcome to LucasForums!

Arátoeldar
12-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Every thing looks great Torthane. Two quick questions.

1) How are you handling darkside transistions? With just the eyes or with the skin too?

2) What is on the leg of the handmaiden in the underwear screenshot?

Torthane
12-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Every thing looks great Torthane. Two quick questions.

1) How are you handling darkside transistions? With just the eyes or with the skin too?

2) What is on the leg of the handmaiden in the underwear screenshot?

Darkside transitions will involve both the skin and the eyes but will be designed to look more evil/goth and less zombie. The things on the Handmaiden's legs are thigh pads (I can't do any modeling so I had to make do with reskining). I should have more screenshots up pretty soon and as stated above I hope to release it in a week or two.

Torthane
12-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Update: I know it has been said many times but I am just about ready to release this mod. I only have a few more darkside transitions to make and then I have to upload it. Anyhow, here are a few images to show you the veridian armor and some darkside transitions. I also have a new clothing texture for the Handmaiden.

Handmaiden clothing:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/kzsgbetaxk.jpg

Veridan armor (only useable by Echo and Mira):
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/bobgbmhpnh.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/ortkqvvoei.jpg

Visas Darkside:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/nevvittcja.jpg

Atton Darkside:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/rglmkfjukb.jpg

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/57280/enxadxybcr.jpg

I still hope to release this by Christmas, so keep your eyes open.

Miltiades
12-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Nice work, Torthane! And wow, Atton looks very scary on that last picture. Really look forward to this one.

MetalMark
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I love the darkside Visas, the goth look looks real good on her.

Darth Trylan
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
great work torthane

Torthane
12-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys! The other darkside skins will look similar to these (they will look different of course, but will be in the same style eg; females will look sort of gothic and the males will get creepy eyes or whatever) Anyway I wanted to know if you thought that they looked too evil or over the top. I personally think they look about right, but I would love to hear what you all thought! I should be realeasing this on Christmas eve or the day before.

Jolly Boots
12-21-2006, 05:57 PM
The whole black eyes doesn't seem to work in a Star Wars game where when someone goes bad, their eyes turn yellow and orange.

Torthane
12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
The whole black eyes doesn't seem to work in a Star Wars game where when someone goes bad, their eyes turn yellow and orange.

Very true, but the perpose of this mod is not to be 100% cannon (true to Star Wars). If anyone doesn't like a given reskin, they can delete it from the override folder. I was trying to make something different and as such some people are not going to like it as much as the original skins.

Quark052
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Any more word on this mod? I'm really looking forward to this one.

Master Zionosis
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah im also really looking forward to this as well, 1 of the great mods i have been waiting for!! :)

Torthane
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Actually yes! I had a bad chras on my computer and I couldn't use my painting programs for a while so I think I am just going to relese it where it is now and then release a patch when I get everything working again. I had almost forgotten about it! It will have some bugs, but I just need to get it out. I'll post agin when it is uploaded.

Master Zionosis
01-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Okay brill, cant wait! :)

Torthane
01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
:lsduel: It's up! Go to the following link for more info: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2246732#post2246732

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Torthane/72947/mijhpxoxhj.jpg

:lsduel: It's up! Go to the following link for more info: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2246732#post2246732

Master Zionosis
01-12-2007, 07:15 AM
This is brill Torthane, you are a true star shining so brightly! :)

The mods release thread is for feedback, your comments are better posted there. ;) -RH

BoredAdminMonky
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
About damned time :-p

Good work mate! Going to get this now and start another play through of TSL :)

(Any begging / skin requests are coming your way from this point in!)

Torthane
01-12-2007, 05:41 PM
About damned time :-p

Good work mate! Going to get this now and start another play through of TSL :)

(Any begging / skin requests are coming your way from this point in!)

Yeah, it is about damned time! I got so entirely sietracked during the holidays. Not that that is an excuse, more of an apology.

As for skinning requests; bring them on!