PDA

View Full Version : Wookie PC

Ras8472
09-24-2006, 12:13 AM
would it be possible to reskin the Hanharr model in Kotor2 a bit to make him look different and instead of overwriting the Hanharr NPC could it be possible to make it into a PC, i think it would be cool to play as a jedi/sith wookie, just imagine it, what would you do if you saw an 8 foot walking carpet holding a red double bladed lightsaber and it was charging at you screaming at the top of its lungs, i know id be saying "HOLY ****!" lol

The_Maker
09-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Well, you wouldn't be able to wear any armor or certain items. You would be restricted to certain weapons, I don't think the Hanharr model has any force power animations (then again I could be wrong).

All in all I believe the final result would be more buggy than cool. :/
But I haven't been here for a while so don't take my word 100%, wait till someone with more modding knowledge comes along, they'll know.

goldberry
09-24-2006, 04:54 AM
My Hanharr is a walking carpet that wields a red doublesided lightsaber (thank you TSL Warpband), and alot of his force powers work just fine. Still, if you really want a wookie as a PC, then you should just use the savegame editor and change the portrait, appearance, and name with that.

EnderWiggin
09-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Well, you wouldn't be able to wear any armor or certain items. You would be restricted to certain weapons, I don't think the Hanharr model has any force power animations (then again I could be wrong).

All in all I believe the final result would be more buggy than cool. :/
But I haven't been here for a while so don't take my word 100%, wait till someone with more modding knowledge comes along, they'll know.

Actually, I think I remember Hanharr can use melee and ranged, and then you can turn him into a Sith, allowing him to use Force Powers and also Lightsabers. But you couldn't wear any armor or headgear, as you said.

_EW_

Ztalker
09-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Well...it HAS been done for Kotor 1. Maybe you could ask the author to create one for Kotor 2?

Clickzor (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7600.html)

goldberry
09-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Lemmie lookie into it... I'll get back to you guys within the next half hour.

EDIT: I can't make heads or tails of it... sorry :P

Ras8472
09-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Thats cool i dont mind the no armor thing at all just so long as im a giant mutant carpet carving my way through the galaxy one rodian at a time...anyways i myself have 0 modding experience so i wouldnt know how to reskin hanharrs look (color and shading of his fur) muchless actually turn him into a pc. But yea in case i wasnt clear enough with what i wanted, just a simple reskin of hanharr and have him playable.

goldberry
09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh no, you were clear. It's just that previous "turn non-human shaped people into pc" mods haven't turned out too well. Doing it with Vandar (the yoda-guy) freezes the game whenever the game forces you to put clothes on (such as citadel station). I would imagine that the same would happen with a wookie.

EnderWiggin
09-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh no, you were clear. It's just that previous "turn non-human shaped people into pc" mods haven't turned out too well. Doing it with Vandar (the yoda-guy) freezes the game whenever the game forces you to put clothes on (such as citadel station). I would imagine that the same would happen with a wookie.

I agree.

_EW_

stoffe
09-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Doing it with Vandar (the yoda-guy) freezes the game whenever the game forces you to put clothes on (such as citadel station).

That's usually caused by not adding models/textures to the different clothing model slots (model* and tex* columns in appearance.2da) of the appearance types though. If they are left at **** (like many of the NPC-only appearance types are) and the character equips clothing with any of those bodyvars in the game it crashes, even for full model appearance types, for some reason.

goldberry
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
I found a wookie mod that you can use.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Chewbacca;64681
it's a new savegame at the start of the game with a wookie called Chewbakka.