PDA

View Full Version : Commander Bonuses II

Darth Ablett
09-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Props to YertyL for asking for this info in the first place. The original quote is in the regular EaW discussion.

Now, my question is regarding this particular quote:

Fleet/Field Commanders - 25% enhancement bonus

Ackbar (Home One) - 25% health (space)

Emperor Palpatine - 25% health (space/land), 25% shields (space)

Tarkin - 25% health, 10% damage, 10% shields, 10% evasion, 10% move speed

Mon Mothma - 25% health

Piett (Accuser) - 25% health (space), 25% health to Star Destroyers (stacks)

Are these existing bonuses getting tweaked in FoC?

I'd like to see Mon Mothma be a tad more useful, even if she just gets the 25% shields thing Palpy has.

Also, if you have Piett and the Emperor along with the Executor, will this give it an extra 50% to health and 25% to shields? :nut:

If yes, that's going to take quite a bit to take down. Thoughts?

Darth Anarch
09-25-2006, 07:39 AM
I would also like to see Mon Mothma become more useful. I'm not sure if Piett's Star Destroyer-specific bonuses applies to all kinds of Star Destroyers or just the ISDs; I suspect the latter. That means he won't have any effect on the Executor.

Darth Ablett
09-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I would also like to see Mon Mothma become more useful. I'm not sure if Piett's Star Destroyer-specific bonuses applies to all kinds of Star Destroyers or just the ISDs; I suspect the latter. That means he won't have any effect on the Executor.

You know, I hope so. If the Executor gets such a big health boost and the Rebels get bugger all from their tactical modifiers, I'd be a bit worried, especially since Petro have stated the Rebel's are more 'hero-centric' in the expansion...hmm. :snear:

ImpElite
09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Just like in: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.

rebs: more hero based.

imps: better ships, modifiers, ect.

Darth Anarch
09-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Just like in: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.

rebs: more hero based.

imps: better ships, modifiers, ect.
Not necessarily better modifiers, but other than that I agree completely. The Empire's strength was its overwhelming military might, while the Rebellion's strenght lay in the exceptional individuals drawn to its cause.

Valter
09-25-2006, 03:11 PM
You have brought up an interesting topic Ablett. The Executor is a powerful ship without modifiers, but with Palpatine, a fleet commander and Tarkin (if he's in galactic conquest)...well that's a different story.

YertyL
01-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I've just looked up the comander bonuses of FOC in the XML... Here's the list:

Empire:
Piett - 25% health for all ships and 25% additional health for ISDs
Thrawn - 20% health, 10% damage, 10% shield, 10% armor and 10% movement speed bonus
Emperor Palpatine - 25% health on land and in space, addtitionally 25% shields in space
Veers - 25% health on land (though his icon doesn't glow - strange)
Grand Moff Tarkin - 25% health and 10% on about everything else (damage, shields, armor and movement speed), sapce only

Rebellion:
Mon Mothma - 25% health in space (still)
Ackbar - 25% health for all ships
Garn Bel Iblis - 10% health and damage on land, 5% health and damage in space
Rogue Squadron - 25% health for all ships
Yoda - 25% damage bonus in space. Strangely I haven't found a bonus for land units... :confused:

Zann Consortium:
Tyber Zann - 20% health and 10% movement speed in space
Urai Fen - again haven't found anything despite a blinking icon in land combat...

It's possible that the data about the original heroes of EAW is not up-to-date, since they get a file of their own (which could be just copied from EAW), however I haven't been able to find anything newer yet...

wedge2211
01-20-2007, 12:43 AM
That seems outrageously Empire-heavy...especially when the Rebellion is supposed to be hero-centered.

YertyL
01-20-2007, 04:00 AM
At least Yoda + fleet commander/Ackbar/Mon Mothma is a pretty good combo with 25% health and 25% damage bonus