PDA

View Full Version : Detention Center Screenshots!

DarkStarMojo
10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
New screenshots of the detention center are up on the website. I'd like to thank Fracman for getting them up so quickly.

The mod continues...

-BLaCKouT-
10-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Ooooh, nice :D
Keep up the good work! :cheers:
B.

DFgeoff
10-01-2006, 08:48 PM
looks pretty cool :)

is this based of what FatSpider had begun working on a while back? speaking of whom is he still around?

Tinny
10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Some of those areas look really nice :). I really appreciate you guys still hanging on in there. I have yet to contact FracMan about wanting to join the team :(

Fracman
10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
The map is a complete redesign. DarkStarMojo is doing it on its own, nice, eh!? :-)

Tinny, the please do... or contact Darth_Linux.
Which things would you like to help us at?

DarkStarMojo
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
What Fracman said. Well, sort of...

There are a few areas that utilize some of the geometry Fatspider originally made - namely the power generator for the tram beam and the small command center, though that's been heavily modified. I intend, in the final version to use the tram he built since I'm sticking with his original Tron-ish idea with the energy beam. Otherwise, the rest of the map is completely new geometry. I'd say 98% of it right now.

And thanks for all the nice comments, guys. It means a lot.

DFgeoff
10-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Ah ok yeah thought I recognized the trac beam area. This one looks very cool, follows the appearance of the original level nicely.

Tinny
10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Sent a pm :)

SlicerDude
10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Oooh, that looks great! I can't wait to play it.

grangana
10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
the screenshots looks very promising, i like the atmosphere. I suppose it means serious efforts and great amount of work.
i do not post very often but i follow the progress of the mod from the beginning. Sure that it will be good to play. We wait.
Do you plane a new demo with the last level made ? Perhaps it could be a good idea to keep the interest of the community, to show that the mod continue to exist and do a good work?

Glueish
11-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Great screenshots!
Last week I bought JKA, mainly for playing your DF mod (yes I have the original DF).
Gameplay went smoothly, and I liked the little changes and variations of the levels very much.
The puzzle of level 3 is executed very well, and I hope you will make the hexagonal puzzle with the doors in the other level as well, or a mind-boggling variation of it.
Keep up the good work, even if it takes years - if this forum stays I'm here as well.

On_Your_Six
12-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Newly registered long time appreciater, excellent work to all involved in this project... This was an incredible game back in the day, and it would be nice to have a Star Wars run and gun with up to date graphics (aside from the abhorred SWBF) and and update to that incredible game is sorely needed... I truly hope this project continues to its conclusion, I only wish I could offer some sort of help... Amazing work.