PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced 0.1.0 is Close! Need Betatesters!

razorace
10-10-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm happy to report that OJP Enhanced v0.1.0 is getting close to release. I think we have all the major features we want (for v0.1.0) and are now in the process of bug hunting, balancing, and polishing.

However, we seem to be low on betatesters and now is when we need them the most. We need to test the living hell out of the latest version.

As such I'm going to suggest that:
1. The Enhanced Beta Server be up 24/7 (or at least try to be).
2. Betas be public.
3. Post remaining bugs to the Bug Tracker (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171234).
4. Start a Weekly Play Fest on thursdays @ 6pm (PST). The Weekly Play Fest should focus on playing the mod rather than attempting to fix/test specific issues. I know that we tend to get de-railed in the past and I think that's scared off the casual betatesters.
5. Contributors need to complete their work tasks.
6. A new trailer needs to be made.

Any other suggestions would be great. If we can get this hammered out quickly, I'd like to start on our new testing as soon as possible.

Also, if you're interested in helping us beta test, please PM me your IM contact information. This is how I stay in contact with our betatesters.

Current OJP Enhanced Beta:

Enhanced v0.0.9t (https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/LatestOJPEnhancedBeta.zip) - Clean out your ojpenhanced folder (you should be able to keep your .cfg files) and install the package. This package is complete so you don't need any other files.

NOTE: The current beta doesn't support Macs. Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to a Mac so the betas are for Windows only. As for the Mac fans, don't worry, we'll make sure that 0.1.0 has Mac support. :)

RipleyUK
10-10-2006, 04:13 AM
Iamsux, but I'll beta if ya' want.

razorace
10-10-2006, 04:17 AM
If you're interested in helping us beta test, please PM me your IM contact information. This is how I stay in contact with our betatesters.

Maxstate
10-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Am I still/Was I ever a betatester? lol
I also can't get the latest version to run, it crashes when I try to load a map.

razorace
10-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, you're on the betatester list. :)

As for your crashes, that's a bit offtopic so I'd start a new thread about it if you need help. The only thing I can suggest before I release another version is reinstalling and completely deleting your JKA directory.

Cad
10-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Hello. I ran across your mod, and I'd like to check it out to see what it has to offer. I like a lot of what I've read and seen thus far.

I did see some mention of "50% chance" which I hope isn't correct, because I'm hoping this mod doesn't involve chance, or "dice."

If I like it, I'd like to try to help out with the project. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask.

-- Cad

Maxstate
10-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Hello. I ran across your mod, and I'd like to check it out to see what it has to offer. I like a lot of what I've read and seen thus far.

I did see some mention of "50% chance" which I hope isn't correct, because I'm hoping this mod doesn't involve chance, or "dice."

If I like it, I'd like to try to help out with the project. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask.

-- Cad
Nah, none of that bull****. If that was involved I would quit too! lol.
Even if it was in the system I can't notice it and I think you should take that as a good sign;).

Good to see people showing some interest.

JRHockney*
10-11-2006, 04:49 AM

Um, actually there is a 50% chance thing having to do with mishaps when you start getting high on the mishap meter (which is your own fault if it happens usually). While it doesnt greatly effect the gameplay as far as being random, its half the reason I created my own code version with that 50% thing gone and mishaps completely controled by attackfakes and attackparries. Ha! What did I tell you guys!! :p

razorace
10-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Yeah, we're still working on that issue.

Anyway, v0.0.9m is out. Link at top of thread.

Maxstate
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Anyway, v0.0.9m is out. Link at top of thread.
<33333

Buffy
10-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I try play tonight .. :king1:
ok I game was crashes when I add Bot ..
and still cant join game too .. :(
I love new loading screen ;)
thank you
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/521/ojploadingjk5.jpg

Sushi_CW
10-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm so sorry I ever mentioned the 50% thing.

razorace
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
why?

JRHockney*
10-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm so sorry I ever mentioned the 50% thing.

I'm just being an a** for the most part. The 50% thing isnt that big of a deal and the game is still plenty playable. It's just a potential excuse for people to not want to play our mod again after they try it since they have to step out of their saber combat comfort zones to do it in the first place. The way I had it was more of a personal preference, though I do think it may ultimately be the way to go way to go or something similar with the same effect. The way it is now isnt that random at all, but I might be just random enough to worry players.

Sushi_CW
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
why?

Because ever since I did, people have been worrying about it needlessly. As Jon said, it really isn't a big deal.

Maxstate
10-12-2006, 03:57 AM
Indeed, I knew there was something like it in the game but I never really noticed it enough to actually care. Chill Sushi, it's okay.

Paro
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Will the new OJP Basic by any chance come out any time soon?

Offtopic:

...though I do think it may ultimately be the way to go way to go or something similar...
Made me laugh :D

JRHockney*
10-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Made me laugh :D

Aww shutup. LOL. Dont make fun of my sad lack of proof reading! :p I better fix that.

razorace
10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Will the new OJP Basic by any chance come out any time soon?
That's a good question. I don't know. Doing full packages is a pain in a butt so I don't do them very often. However, I imagine we'll do one at the same time as Enhanced 0.1.0.

razorace
10-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Enhanced v0.0.9n (http://ojp.jediknight.net/files/betas/ojp_enhanced_009n.zip) is out! To install, clean out your ojpenhanced folder (you should be able to keep your .cfg files) and unzip the package to your JKA game folder. This package is complete so you don't need any other files.

Buffy
10-13-2006, 07:16 AM
I just post my bug report here ...
version N can join game but still Force Mastery level is Initate so I have only Melee and there is no weapons in Map
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8731/ojpnux4.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3224/ojpn2cg5.jpg
I dont know why this Thread didnt work Thumbnail link ?? :(

razorace
10-13-2006, 04:53 PM
You're a Force Initiate because you only have 5 skill points.
Secondly, you're not supposed to have weapons on the map. That's all part of the new experience system.

Buffy
10-13-2006, 05:43 PM
You're a Force Initiate because you only have 5 skill points.
Secondly, you're not supposed to have weapons on the map. That's all part of the new experience system.
everybody have to begining game from "Force Mastery level is Initate" ?
and kill enemy then level is going to up ?
oh like RPG ?

razorace
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, basically. You can set the initial skill points by setting g_minForceRank and the maximum wiht g_maxForceRank. If you don't want players to get experience, just set them both to the same value.

ensiform
10-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Lol... maybe change score to xp points then, and you could maybe add some type of guid that is used, vry easy 2 do. could even then have xp save/storage then on the server based on GUID. Course, it would be nice to do it with the engine code but it can be easily done via cgame, just need to add md5 stuff and you should be good. I've got the code somewhere, so i can make a ticket to the trac and add it sometime soon.

razorace
10-13-2006, 08:15 PM
GUIDs are interesting, but I don't think we'd really need to use that vs a simple username/password.

Besides, from design standpoint, I think we're going to have the skill points reset at the end of each round anyway. Lets move this conversation over to the Experience System thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=171400) if you want to talk about it more.

Buffy
10-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I play UT2004 with RPG mod so ;)
I love it :king1:

razorace
10-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Today's play test (10/26/06) is probably going to be delayed for an hour or so (to 7pm PST). I simply haven't had the time to make the needed changes and create a new beta package.

ensiform
10-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Just a heads up guys, pistol glitch where it had limited ammo is fixed by making weapons.dat not load during enhanced. Also: the pickup centerprint message of security keys is fixed as well.

VoteSys tweaks to drawvote function :
- The vote info (cmd and parameter) should never appear blank or with garbage characters.
- Uses CG_GetStringEdString with Q_strncpyz instead of the direct trap translation cmd.
- Added Jedi Master and CoOp to the list of displayable gametypes when g_gametype is being voted for.
- Added timelimit, capturelimit, and fraglimit displaying when those are voted for.
- Added generic else switch to just display whatever is in the main vote string and not split into 2 parts like map, kick, timelimit, etc.

Razor has fixed the scoreboard in CoOp now so that it uses the team scoreboard since it is technically a team-game.

Cleaned up some of the CP coloring and who message is displayed to for Secret and Autosave messages.

Fraglimit, and timelimit no longer display on the map loading screen.

Note: also in basic with the exception of the pistol ammo fix by stopping weapons.dat from loading.

UDM
10-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Awesome thanks Razor!

razorace
10-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Ensiform needs some props as well. He did a LOT of coding work after our play test yesterday.

Maul007
10-30-2006, 07:52 AM
I want to be beta tester

If you have xfire add kueto

otherwise pm me

Maul007
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
oh and if you want xfire go to www.xfire.com

razorace
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not really interested in running yet another IM service but thanks for the information.

Maxstate
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm not really interested in running yet another IM service but thanks for the information.
I'll add him.

Maul007
11-01-2006, 03:45 AM
ok razor

Maxstate
11-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm still working on the HTML conversions, but I'm working on the last 15kb+ file so after this one it's all easy. I'm at OJP_Changes_basic right now.
It is DONE!

From 36KB to a whopping 42 :P

I'm gonna take a break and start on OJP_changes_enhanced.

{TheChosenOne}
11-01-2006, 04:07 PM

So just get the good IM service(xfire) and get rid of the others. :p

Btw is it too late to become a beta tester? :|

ramenrules16@hotmail.com = MSN

thechosenone17 = Xfire

razorace
11-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm still working on the HTML conversions, but I'm working on the last 15kb+ file so after this one it's all easy. I'm at OJP_Changes_basic right now.
It is DONE!

From 36KB to a whopping 42 :P

I'm gonna take a break and start on OJP_changes_enhanced.
Please place your prototype files on the repository. Me and Ensi have been making a lot of changes to the changelogs so we need to have the prototype on there so we can start adding entries to it rather than the .txt file. We dont want to lose our last few days of changelog updates. :)

ensiform
11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Please place your prototype files on the repository. Me and Ensi have been making a lot of changes to the changelogs so we need to have the prototype on there so we can start adding entries to it rather than the .txt file. We dont want to lose our last few days of changelog updates. :)

:)

Maxstate
11-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Sure thing.

I think it worked, some problems though:
-OJP_Adminsys is corrupt somehow, it's not the full thing. But I sent it to you so it should be okay I guess right Razor?
-There's two Ojp_changes_basic, the bigger one is the converted one.

razorace
11-08-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't see any files commited by you to the repository. Something obviously didn't work right.

In other news, I'm not going to be able to make thursday's playtest. You guys are welcome to try to do it without me if you want.

Kutless
11-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey i was sent here by Max. So can i be a tester?

razorace
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
PM your IM address information to me and I'll add you to the list.

razorace
11-17-2006, 02:35 AM
FYI, if anyone wants to know "what's changed lately", you can always check the latest version of the changelogs (which are magically automatically updated as we change them).
OJP Basic's Changes (https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/Basic/docs/OJP_changes_basic.txt)
OJP Enhanced's Changes (https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/Enhanced/docs/OJP_changes_enhanced.txt)

razorace
11-17-2006, 04:18 AM
In addition, I've added "Unconfirmed" Milestones for both Basic and Enhanced to our bug tracker. This is the area where I'm going to place all the issues that I'm unable to replicate or confirm.

If you guys want to help out OJP, please check out the tickets in those milestones (https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/report/3) and do some testing to find out more information on those issues. Thanks guys!

razorace
11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Fixed a couple of issues involving scripting on vjun3. It's very close to being completely playable. All that is left is getting the scripting to make the player into the boss room when the boss intro cutscene finishes.

razorace
11-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Do you guys still want to do the weekly playtest this thursday or should we delay it for thanksgiving?

JRHockney*
11-22-2006, 09:19 PM
I might be around later than 7:00, but I know Ill be all over the place tomarrow so Im not sure. What ever you guys want.

razorace
12-06-2006, 02:25 AM
FYI, if you're interested in what we've finished between releases, just check out the changelog (https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/Enhanced/docs/OJP_changes_enhanced.txt). This file automatically updates as we commit changes to it on the repository.

Atton91
12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
i got the new version but somehow i cant locate the Euro server

Maxstate
12-07-2006, 05:30 PM
The euro is down for good, but the Templar is still there. Ask JaSK for the IP.

razorace
12-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Why doesn't Jask's server ever show up in the ingame browser? Does he not have the right ports open or something?

razorace
12-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Oh yeah, I'm probably not going to be at today's schedule weekly play test, but I'll leave the server up for you guys to use. Please remember that you can vote for nextmap if you don't like the current settings.

Atton91
12-08-2006, 03:13 PM
anyone who could PM me the IP of Templar?

razorace
12-09-2006, 01:14 AM
The Meatgrinder - The Official OJP Beta Server (72.5.248.212:29070) is now running OJP Enhanced 24/7. Enjoy!

Buffy
12-09-2006, 07:12 AM
this time my level up more fast then before
and I got light saber now is my level is gone next time I join server ?
thank you ;)

Maxstate
12-09-2006, 07:41 AM
this time my level up more fast then before
and I got light saber now is my level is gone next time I join server ?
thank you ;)
Yeah I think so :( But it's easy to earn back :)

UDM
12-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the svr razor!

Would be nice if there's a co-op server too though

razorace
12-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll add some CoOp maps to the cycle when I have time.

Fats
12-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I'll add some CoOp maps to the cycle when I have time.
For those who know this dosent apply for those that dont i run my own temp server so to speak playing coop Add me to xfire Vango231 or msn Fats100@hotmail.com

So give me a shout if u want to play sum XD looking forward to sp map bufixes in the next ver ^^ vjun3 finally :P

razorace
12-21-2006, 01:42 AM
what's wrong with vjun3 now? I thought I got it completable in the last beta???? :|

ensiform
12-21-2006, 03:30 PM
from what i saw, it looks like the full bug-free fix to the declared variables was never uploaded or was reverted quite some time back.

madcatmach2
12-21-2006, 04:36 PM
well ive been play testing the betas and i figured sencei want o help out with OJP i might as well fill out the formal part well i just sent u a pm razorace

Fats
12-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Well whats wrong with vjun3 ...where to start :P joke this is version n btw not the beta its crashes sumtimes when i get to the hanger bit now where its all supposed to explode n all...And btw is taspir2 going to be working in next ver...one more thing t3_stamp dont work no more :S it plays the little cutscene of jan coming in and the little speech...players spawn then we cant move

razorace
12-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Oh, well, that's your problem. You need to be running the latest beta.

Neon
12-22-2006, 06:14 AM
I tested the mod yesterday, but when I went to force powers, I remembered buffy's screen shot, with green 'force' powers, like jetpack.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1323/forcepointshn3.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forcepointshn3.jpg)

You got any idea wich file in my base interrupts this? Because I'm sure I installed the mod correctly

Maxstate
12-22-2006, 06:48 AM
I tested the mod yesterday, but when I went to force powers, I remembered buffy's screen shot, with green 'force' powers, like jetpack.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1323/forcepointshn3.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forcepointshn3.jpg)

You got any idea wich file in my base interrupts this? Because I'm sure I installed the mod correctly
How did you install the mod and where?

UDM
12-22-2006, 06:56 AM
This could be a conflict in one of the dlls (my guess). Did you install any mods that change the dlls eg. Ultimate Chaos Mod/JA+?

Neon
12-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Yep, JA+ and I think I deleted ultimate chaos, but I'm not sure.

UDM
12-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Might want to make sure their pk3s are not in the base folder. Remember, only models and maps go into base folder

Neon
12-22-2006, 07:24 PM
But I really need to put the ja+ animations and the client plugin in my base folder, or it won't work.

ensiform
12-22-2006, 09:10 PM
But I really need to put the ja+ animations and the client plugin in my base folder, or it won't work.

JA+ Client Plugin should never be in base, and requirement of putting JA+ anims in base is 100% false as long as you know what you are doing. Just never start mods from inside the game or make sure that JA+ is started via +set fs_game "japlus" at the command line, not when you have successfully connected to the server. or fs_game whatever-mod-folder is used.

Neon
12-23-2006, 06:08 AM
I always connect via the all seeing eye.
Is there a way to connect with ASE with +set fs_game "japlus"

UDM
12-23-2006, 08:58 AM
If you're joining a server with JA+, it should automatically load it up for you

ensiform
01-02-2007, 07:09 PM
If you're joining a server with JA+, it should automatically load it up for you

wrong, it wont do it properly with customs.

The application must be specifically started with parameters "+set fs_game moddir" and yes there is a way to do it neon, its just a little bit of a hack. I really couldn't be arsed to do it anymore since i won't install the client plugin ever again for the mod and i just redid windows so i no longer have my filters.txt file.

Coasterdude
02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
The download link to 9r isn't working

razorace
02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Crap, you're right. They must have deleted my school CS account. Anyone got a mirror link of it?

Buffy
02-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Crap, you're right. They must have deleted my school CS account. Anyone got a mirror link of it?

http://www.uploading.com/en/
http://www.mooload.com/new/

Coasterdude
02-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I found this link here from Strategic Academy
http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/mods/ojp_enhanced_009r.zip

Buffy
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I post in this Thread :D
really nice new Siege Map "Battle over Coruscant" is coming soon
http://superb.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1865&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
is ojp Bots work in this map too ?
if not could you please add bot route please ?
thank you
Buffy ;)

razorace
02-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Right now the TABBots can't use vehicles. So this map would be hard to do with TABBots.

Maxstate
02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
I've done experiments in SP, forcing bots and NPC's on Swoops (by means of push or Grip) and the NPC's actually tried to kill me on the swoops :D

Buffy
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Right now the TABBots can't use vehicles. So this map would be hard to do with TABBots.
so if no vehicles in map then
Bot working all other Siege Map ??
or still need to add Bot Route ??
thanks ;)

Johnpp
03-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I've done experiments in SP, forcing bots and NPC's on Swoops (by means of push or Grip) and the NPC's actually tried to kill me on the swoops :D
That's really wierd, becuase once I made a small Wampa NPC and when I jumped on his head he got angry and jumped on a swoop. And he shot too!

Tinny
03-01-2007, 01:44 AM
I've seen atsts ride swoops, imagine a atst looking like its figure skating at you going 50+ mph.

Johnpp
03-01-2007, 01:52 AM
^Lol. How did you do that one?

razorace
03-01-2007, 07:36 PM
so if no vehicles in map then
Bot working all other Siege Map ??
or still need to add Bot Route ??
thanks ;)
You'll still have to add bot routes even if you don't have vehicles on the map. Like I said before, the TABBots just don't use vehicles.

Buffy
03-02-2007, 03:48 AM
I hope one day Bot use all vehicles to play Vehicle TFF or Vehicle CTF ete ..

tristamus
03-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Hey, the link to Enchanced 0.0.9r is broken =o

Also, I am still wanting to beta test. I have been for quite a few months now, so nothings changed. When ya need me, you know my AIM name. Im

bahamutzero0o

UDM
03-15-2007, 03:29 AM
http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/mods/ojp_enhanced_009r.zip

razorace
03-26-2007, 02:58 AM
v0.0.9s is out. I've updated the first post to link to it.

In addition, I've added a "LatestOJPEnhancedBeta.zip" to the repository, so the newest beta will always be available. You can find this @ https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/LatestOJPEnhancedBeta.zip.

If someone could host a file mirror, please rename the file to "ojp_enhanced_009s.zip". Thanks!

Maxstate
03-26-2007, 05:54 AM
v0.0.9s is out. I've updated the first post to link to it.

In addition, I've added a "LatestOJPEnhancedBeta.zip" to the repository, so the newest beta will always be available. You can find this @ https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/LatestOJPEnhancedBeta.zip.

If someone could host a file mirror, please rename the file to "ojp_enhanced_009s.zip". Thanks!
Changelog plox?

UDM
03-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Great stuff!

razorace
03-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Changelog plox?
It's in the zip.

Buffy
03-27-2007, 12:54 AM
I did it upload to my filefront site too ;)
http://files.filefront.com/ojp_enhanced_009szip/;7042559;/fileinfo.html

Maxstate
03-27-2007, 06:39 AM
That's really wierd, becuase once I made a small Wampa NPC and when I jumped on his head he got angry and jumped on a swoop. And he shot too!
I sometimes don't make a lot of sense :( I meant that they got onto the swoops and rode around on them, shooting at me.

HamstrYODA
03-27-2007, 10:27 AM
first day for few weeks when I didn't check the forums and you release the new version... :p

razorace
03-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Gotta keep you on your toes. ;)

JaSK
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Just downloaded ...9s,
I saw that ace asked why my server doesn't show up in the list...

Well, first it didn't because the server.cfg he gave me had too many 'seta' commands, then it was up but he said he didn't want it, then a new version came out which crashed my server all the time, another new one which did the same and john's changes that also crashed it -.-

I'll try out the late'st version tomorrow, hope it'll work.

mark2000
03-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Are there even any open servers left for OJP?

I really wanna know in person how "ping-friendly" it is. Plus, TAB bots are so boring and easy.

JaSK
03-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Mine will be open tonight (ip: 85.25.140.140:24001), might take 1 day till it appears in the server list.

K^ae opened a fps.net server, but they don't allow him to add bots...

Pings on ojp servers are like everywhere, but the host got to set sv_fps to at least 80, or you'll experience very inacurate hitboxes.

Fighting bots still sucks :(
I'm not sure, but I think 009h was the best version I ever played, though bots were really overpowered there. At least they didn't abuse bugs :P

razorace
03-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, first it didn't because the server.cfg he gave me had too many 'seta' commands,
Really.? That was making the server crash or just not show up online? That's very odd.

then it was up but he said he didn't want it, then a new version came out which crashed my server all the time, another new one which did the same and john's changes that also crashed it -.-
To clarify, it's not that I didn't want additional servers, it's that I wasn't willing to go to the effort of posting an ad for your server on the OJP website unless I could actually see the server online.

As for the crashing, it seems like we're having some issues with server stability on linux systems. I'll look into the issue as I have time. The best way to help would be to post a bug ticket that includes your qconsole.log where it shows the crash information and the events leading up to it.

razorace
03-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Pings on ojp servers are like everywhere, but the host got to set sv_fps to at least 80, or you'll experience very inacurate hitboxes.
I recommend a vs_fps of about 50. Above 50, you start to waste CPU cycles and bandwidth because you're updating more often than most players can render the game.

mark2000
03-30-2007, 05:24 PM
vs_fps

huh.....? Umm.....Is that suppose to be vs_fps or sv_fps? I'm confused.....>_<

Maxstate
03-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Called a typo, it's SV.

ensiform
03-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I recommend a vs_fps of about 50. Above 50, you start to waste CPU cycles and bandwidth because you're updating more often than most players can render the game.

With Unlagged you don't need it higher than 20. :)

My newer code for Unlagged/Antilag doesn't really seem to affect any saber combat so it may be a possibility in the future.

ensiform
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Really.? That was making the server crash or just not show up online? That's very odd.

To clarify, it's not that I didn't want additional servers, it's that I wasn't willing to go to the effort of posting an ad for your server on the OJP website unless I could actually see the server online.

As for the crashing, it seems like we're having some issues with server stability on linux systems. I'll look into the issue as I have time. The best way to help would be to post a bug ticket that includes your qconsole.log where it shows the crash information and the events leading up to it.

I recommend using set instead of seta in server config files and remove more CVAR_ARCHIVE cvars from the gamecode because you don't need to store all that in jampserver.cfg/jampconfig.cfg. If players want it there, they can add it themselves.

razorace
03-30-2007, 08:05 PM
what about cvar reset? I thought they would reset between maps if they aren't archived in some cases.

ensiform
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Since when? The engine memory won't get cleared like the load/unload of modules.

ensiform
03-30-2007, 10:32 PM
For 0.0.9t I plan on merging weapon slots and changed force speed.

Weapon Slots Are as Follows (for now):

Slot 1: Melee
Slot 2: Lightsaber
Slot 3: Pistol
Slot 4: Blaster, Bowcaster, Clone Rifle
Slot 5: Disruptor, Demp, Flechette
Slot 6: Rocket Launcher, Concussion Rifle (Only really avail in COOP and when cheatin' though)
Slot 7: Thermals, Trip Mines, Detonation Packs

Basically the force speed has been changed to a +button## and you hold it down for speed similar to the "sprint" feature in ET/RTCW.

UDM
03-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Awesome! Is that going to be similar to ET?

Maxstate
03-31-2007, 06:11 AM
For 0.0.9t I plan on merging weapon slots and changed force speed.

Weapon Slots Are as Follows (for now):

Slot 1: Melee
Slot 2: Lightsaber
Slot 3: Pistol
Slot 4: Blaster, Bowcaster, Clone Rifle
Slot 5: Disruptor, Demp, Flechette
Slot 6: Rocket Launcher, Concussion Rifle (Only really avail in COOP and when cheatin' though)
Slot 7: Thermals, Trip Mines, Detonation Packs

Basically the force speed has been changed to a +button## and you hold it down for speed similar to the "sprint" feature in ET/RTCW.
FAP FAP FAP :DDDD

JaSK
03-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Really.? That was making the server crash or just not show up online? That's very odd.It prevented the server from showing up in the list. I read about it in some ja+ help file.

Holding down a key for speed is a great idea, wish it was implemented in mb2... Same about force seeing.

New version seems stable, hasn't crashed at all since I opened the server yesterday... Btw, my root is a windows server.

ensiform
03-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Awesome! Is that going to be similar to ET?

Indeed, minus the slot 10 crash :P

mark2000
04-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Could someone give me the most updated version of OJP?

I'm starting to get jealous because I don't have a clone rifle LOL. :D

JRHockney*
04-01-2007, 05:20 AM
um, read up. :p

https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/LatestOJPEnhancedBeta.zip.

mark2000
04-01-2007, 05:24 AM
so it's 9s now. Cool, thanks alot.

BTW. does this version also have the hockney code changes? I love those.

razorace
04-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Yes, almost all of them.

mark2000
04-01-2007, 05:33 AM
sweet! Thanks alot guys.

mark2000
04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
What's Makashi's Mishap damage on this version? If it wasn't increase by a good amount from before then I really suggest one now. the new stance is just too dangerous for just pure defensive playing so there will have to a more offense than defense if any hope of filling up that Mishap bar is expected.

The new makashi animations are great although you really have to do something about those Pauses that happen alot. I noticed that they mostly happen when a swing gets block at a certain moment.

P.S. Sorry for the double post

razorace
04-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Enhanced 0.0.9t is out. Probably need more mirrors like last time.

ensiform
04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Aww you released it without me being able to put in weapon-slots and force speed.

Maxstate
04-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I was wondering where those two went..

009t2 plz

mark2000
04-01-2007, 08:33 PM
lol. And I just got 9s... here we go again. :D

razorace
04-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Aww you released it without me being able to put in weapon-slots and force speed.
You snoze, you lose. :) Don't worry, hopefully we'll get it into the next one.

ensiform
04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Suz dood, was at work kthx.

razorace
04-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I've unstuck this thread since it's getting big and unweildy. I've created a new thread Get OJP Here! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=177343) to store the download links now.

However, feel free to continue to use this thread for discussion.

Buffy
04-09-2007, 03:19 AM
http://files.filefront.com/ojp_enhanced_009tzip/;7187483;/fileinfo.html

Maxstate
04-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Thanks Buffy :D

Buff I wanted to ask you you a question about your animations, could I use the dooku stance you made?

Buffy
04-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks Buffy :D

Buff I wanted to ask you you a question about your animations, could I use the dooku stance you made?
I didnt made that stance mod
Base on Original call "SithOrder[RPG] stances" I download from pcgamemod.com but site is dead long time
and someone change lot for me to my Favorite way so call Buffy's Favorite Stance I didnt released any site it only for people in here so you can free to change and use but please dont release thank you ;)
http://files.filefront.com/BuffyStance2zip/;5956785;/fileinfo.html
for Dooku Stance ?
I think DK's "KainV1.4_JaplusV2.3_Animation" is Best for Dooku & Ep3 Obi wan's stance try this one ;)
http://files.filefront.com/Z_KainV14_JaplusV23_aniszip/;7193247;/fileinfo.html

Maxstate
04-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I didnt made that stance mod
Base on Original call "SithOrder[RPG] stances" I download from pcgamemod.com but site is dead long time
and someone change lot for me to my Favorite way so call Buffy's Favorite Stance I didnt released any site it only for people in here so you can free to change and use but please dont release thank you ;)
http://files.filefront.com/BuffyStance2zip/;5956785;/fileinfo.html
for Dooku Stance ?
I think DK's "KainV1.4_JaplusV2.3_Animation" is Best for Dooku & Ep3 Obi wan's stance try this one ;)
http://files.filefront.com/Z_KainV14_JaplusV23_aniszip/;7193247;/fileinfo.html
Understood, thanks ;d

UDM
04-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Are the stances good? Any possibility of contacting the author if you can use this max?

Buffy
04-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Are the stances good? Any possibility of contacting the author if you can use this max?
http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=125750
also He always around THE VOID too
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hapslashs_Void/index.php?

for Buffy's Stance Mod
Walks the Sky did for me
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hapslashs_Void/index.php?act=Profile&CODE=03&MID=488

Maxstate
04-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Just sent a nice PM to Kain :)

BTW, here's the small fix I made to the clone rifle's projectiles:
Download fix (http://putstuff.putfile.com/67240/4453012)

The clone rifle's projectiles were coming out of the middle of the gun, that was annoying me as I like shooting from third person and cg_trueguns so I made it come out further along. I moved it to "45" and it might still not be perfect, I'll let you guys test it first.

Put it in enhancedstuff009t --> effects --> repeater.

UDM
04-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey max I was wondering if you could actually change the position at which the guns are held. I'd like to make trueview my standard FPS view, but some of the guns' fire, idle and hold-while-running animations just look like crap in trueview. The pistol looks pretty good in trueview, but others like the E11 look crap

Maxstate
04-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey max I was wondering if you could actually change the position at which the guns are held. I'd like to make trueview my standard FPS view, but some of the guns' fire, idle and hold-while-running animations just look like crap in trueview. The pistol looks pretty good in trueview, but others like the E11 look crap
If you're running my old animations it means that all guns still use the "sniper" stance when shooting. This is bad and I took it out of my latest set. I'll release it as soon as I get something I think I'll be happy with.

It's more or less the default anims with a few changes though.

Also, we gots permishunz to use DK's anims!111

UDM
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
w00t nice!

razorace
04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
The clone rifle's projectiles were coming out of the middle of the gun, that was annoying me as I like shooting from third person and cg_trueguns so I made it come out further along. I moved it to "45" and it might still not be perfect, I'll let you guys test it first.
Oh, I can fix that. Make a 0.1.0 bug ticket for the problem.

Maxstate
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
No need, I pretty much already fixed it with the .efx file!

PiratexCore
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I'd love to help beta test if you still need beta testers.
I'll go ahead and pm razorace. just thought I'd put up a post anyway.
btw I just saw the update on ModDB today, thats why I hopped on over here to help out.

razorace
04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Well, that's sweet. We only opened the moddb entry yesterday. :)

Maxstate
04-25-2007, 04:08 AM
Nice!

Well the fastest way to get some player to player games going is to download 009u from the "Get OJP here" thread in this forum.

Then you should download Hamachi at www.hamachi.cc and install it (don't worry, it's a small download).

With it you can join emulated LAN networks that enable you to play games online that have serial protections or have a hard time getting a server online.

Well I'm in the latter case. JA is just really hard to get a server on if you have a router and with hamachi it's easy as pie!

When you install it join:

Channel: 31bit2
Password: gilde

And you can also add me on MSN if you like: arminhalilovic@hotmail.com and I'll provide any support you need for hamachi or OJP.
Sorry that we need this workaround but the current 'live' betatesting group all have trouble getting servers up or finding them, and hamachi is the quickest and easiest workaround.

UDM:
Are you able to join servahsss yet?

UDM
04-25-2007, 04:15 AM
Yes hamachi makes network play smoother. Welcome to the OJP community btw!

TheShaman
04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
It says the room is full and it can't exceed 16 people...
Do you really have 16 people in your channel?

Maxstate
04-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Made 31bit3, same password.

Weird.. isn't full at all.

razorace
04-25-2007, 04:20 PM
can't you just call it the OJP channel or something?

TheShaman
04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Yea, why this code name or so? Top secret? Watch out for FBI, always keep a shotgun next to you, they want to steal OJP information (lol steal open information)... They are so evil!

Maxstate
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Let me explain:

31bit is the name our class was given at the start of the year at my college:

3 = level 3 (actually 4, but not important)
1 = first year
b = business
it = information technology

We already made this channel a while ago as to be able to play some key'd games online, and instead of making new channels and cluttering up the list I thought we'd be better off sticking to this one as it's fine for beta testing.

You can make a new channel if you really want too but it'll just be aesthetics.

TheShaman
04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Okay.
How do we use this tool to host/detect/join a server? Because actually I see it as a chat program.

Maxstate
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
If you're in a channel it means you are emulating a virtual LAN network with everyone else in the channel. So if I were to start a server right now you would see it in your local list.

PiratexCore
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
I got Hamachi, but it says the channel is full.....thats really weird.

Maxstate
04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Try 31bit3 :)

PiratexCore
04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Sweet I'm in haha. thanks. :vsd:

Zencane
05-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Yea I've been reading around the form and I really like this consept(sounds kool!!).I'd like to beata test the only problem is ud have to tell me what I have to do to test... if I'm aloud to

biosky
05-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I can join in betatest for saber combat system, i have a lot of ideas to improve this mod.

razorace
05-13-2007, 06:39 PM
With respect, I don't need more betatesters telling me to make the saber combat more like MB2. :|

biosky
05-13-2007, 07:02 PM
i like only block button in mb2 because is more realistic.

razorace
05-13-2007, 08:06 PM
How is it realistic? When would you NOT try to block a saber swing coming at you?

TheShaman
05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Also disabling the right button just for defense would cut a lot from OJP saber system, which would make it as poor as MB2's (attack, block, disarm, GG).

And the Force helps the Jedi in blocking shots and swings, it's not as if a Jedi was a normal human with bad reflexes and had to manually block, they instinctly do it. If you want to focus on your defense, there are parries and ripostes abilities, which, if mastered are a very good defense.

ensiform
05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
*hint* *hint* go play MB2 if you want MB2 saber combat.