PDA

View Full Version : [TSL] HOTH ADVENTURE MOD

Master Zionosis
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi guys im gonna be making a hoth mod for tsl and i'll be needing some help making it, but first i need a storyline cause at the moment i've only got a basic story. So first i need a good storyline and then we can start to put the mod together, so anyone up for it please tell me thanks.

Addlcove
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
uhm, you might want to hang around the forums releasing smaller mods first, before asking for help with something as big as a planet mod.

MetalMark
10-14-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm still learning how to mod so I can't be of much help but I have a question, which modules are you gonna use for the planet? For K1 you could use Dantooine but for TSL, I can't think of a planet.

Darth Maleval
10-14-2006, 01:37 PM
are you going to be making a hoth planet or a hoth storyline on a existing planet?
how long have you been modding kotor?
-DM

foolproof
10-14-2006, 09:31 PM
lol Metal Mark dantooine is also in TSL, so no problems there.
There shouldn't be any problems using the TSL dantooine, it would fit quite nice since there is a ruined enclave which could be used for a ruined base/some sort of other facility since the rebels would not go there for another 4000 or so years.
As for a general storyline, why bother with making the planet if you dont even have a storyline? From the top of my head I cant think of anything decent, but since the thread is already started maybe some of the other members will brainstorm ideas and try to help. If I think of anything decent I'll post aswell.
On the technical side skining the place to look like hoth shouldnt be too complex, so this isnt a bad idea.

Master Zionosis
10-15-2006, 01:00 PM
[Well as far as locations two of my ideas are the secret accadamy and the polar regions on taris.] Sorry i ment TELOS.

And to Darth Maleval question its a compleate planet with quest, and i've been modding for about half a year ,but i have created a couple of other mods, like recruitment mods and items, ect.

Elven6
10-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Well the modules aren't a problem, you can make Korriban look like Hoth with a bit of tweaking. The problem is how are you gonna make the story line work?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hoth#History

Pretty much the only thing thats gonna fit in with the KotOR era is the first 2 sentances of that paragraph.

Master Zionosis
10-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Well i do have a basic story line and it should fit with the main plot.
Just to start briefly, after you finish the jedi plot on Narr Shadda a jedi in disguise will spawn just outside the ebon hawk and when you get back to the hawk it will trigger the conversation with him and tell you and your players that there is a council on hoth, he gives you the route there. then you go there and the quest will start properly, with some of the masters that were in the council the same time of the mandalorian war they give you the main hoth quest. I do have a reasenable plot but i need the help before going into to much detail.

Revan23
10-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Just to let you know Hoth was not named during the KotOR era or atlest it wasnt called Hoth. Becuse the planet is mostlikeliy named after the great Jedi General Hoth who lead the Jedi/republic againts the Brotherhood of Darkness roughly 3,000 years after KotOR.

Master Zionosis
10-16-2006, 12:32 PM
What planet would you all sujest that we make than. I probably should of asked that in the first place, lol.

goldberry
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Don't misunderstand, Hoth is a great planet to choose, but just pick some random-ass name from the Star Wars universe. Although, acording to wiki, Hoth was pretty much an unknown world (well, an unknown star system) until it was named "Hoth", so using it would be pretty darn difficult. You could always call it "The Unnamed World", or something of equal weirdness.

Revan23
10-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah you could still use hoth maybe just give it some other name or something.

Master Zionosis
10-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Well if people still think its a good plan, would any like to help?

Elven6
10-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Do what they with KotOR 1 and call it the Unkown world :)

Master Zionosis
10-20-2006, 07:09 AM
yeah we could do that, would any be interested in helping.

Master Orran
10-20-2006, 07:12 AM
i would be interested in helping master zionosis.

Master Zionosis
10-20-2006, 07:36 AM
How would you like to help me Master Orran.

Master Orran
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
i can do dialogs, skinning, name creator, item creator, module editing....most things apart from scripting and modelling

Darth_Luminus
10-21-2006, 12:50 AM
I would like to help out if I can, though, I'm new to modding. I am good, however, at coming up with new weapons.

A good Idea for a quest would be taking samples and collecting specimens.

Hopefully, no one will be eaten by a wampa.

Master Zionosis
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Well Master Orran you can be a great help to the prject is there anything inperticular you would like to do, i do mainley need a module editor as i'm not very good with editing strait from the .git file, only with the .map files in KT module editor. And Darth_Luminus if you could start thinking of some weapons, that would be great too, also the quest you mention could be good for a sidequest given by a jedi working on a cure for a disease thats killing taun taun's (forgive my spelling if wrong, lol).

Master Orran
10-21-2006, 12:44 PM
i will do the module editing Master Z.

also do you have a website for the mod?

Master Zionosis
10-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Im still looking for people to help so far i only have two people interested in helping.The website is mentioned below, not to sound desperate, LOL
\/

nineball
10-22-2006, 03:28 PM
i've got quite a bit of writing experience, but i don't know how that would help you... you say you need a storyline... so i could try to help you with that.

10-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I have an idea! what about using the snow planet Ando Prime?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ando_Prime

Since that planet was inhabited only really by "Talids" and "Bendu Monks", why not include some sort of secret monastary filled with these monks and jedi that hid there after the civil war?

It would also be cool if you included some character from the movies' ancestor on the planet, ie. obi-wan kenobi's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandpa or something, know what i mean?

Also, if ur adding new dialogue, will it include sound? it kinda bugs me when there's dialogue without sound...

i hope u consider some of these ideas, and if u have more questions, i'll gladly answer, especially with starwars history related questions.:thumbsup::D

nineball
10-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Another possibility would be Rhen Var
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rhen_Var

It has a lot of things, like Ando Prime, that would provide for great story depth.

10-22-2006, 04:16 PM
i agree with nineball, either one would be better than hoth. however, rhen var has been "done" quite a bit more, and is less mysterious. i dunno, maybe im wrong...

oh, and though it doesn't have as much of a deserted, mysterious feel to it, Coruscant suprisingly does have a polar region, though i personally think ando prime or rhen var would be better...

PS: i could help with story-plot related things.

Darth InSidious
10-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Another possibility would be Rhen Var
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rhen_Var

It has a lot of things, like Ando Prime, that would provide for great story depth.
Got your back covered on Rhen Var. Check the link in my sig. for more info ;)

Master Zionosis
10-23-2006, 05:12 PM
I like you ideas fasokp, definatly something to think about.

Darth_Luminus
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
I got some pics for weapons on tinypic.com (http://www.tinypic.com) . I'm typing it up like this until you can find a site so I can send the pic and stuff. I'm just got some modeling software, and have no clue how to use it. Oh, and I'm an atroshus speller...Did I spell that right?

Sith Ice
Item Type: Blade Upgrade
Description: Found on a newly documented ice world, this ice is as black and opace as obsidiean. Even under the heat of a lightsaber, it will not wield. It is as cold and dark as the hearts of any sith.
Properties:
Cold Damage; +1d12
Keen
Defence Bonus; Energy: 5
Bonus Feat; Deflect

Infinity (Picture (http://i9.tinypic.com/2zqy1d2.jpg) )
Item Type: Sword
Description: A blade of a semifluidic metal found on a recently discovered ice world. The Metal doesn't wield, except to its users will. It is unbelievably sharp and light. It radiates a soft blue light.
Properties:
Damage Bonus; Slashing +1d12, Energy +5
On Monster Hit; Instant Death; DC100
On Hit; Instant Death; DC10
Keen
Bonus Feat; Deflect
Defence Bonus; 5, Energy +5
Bolt Deflection Bonus; + 5
Stat Bonus; Speed + 5

Eternal Darkness (Picture (http://i10.tinypic.com/4clff9i.jpg) )
Item Type: Staff
Description: A staff of a unknown metal. It was discoved in the icy wastes of a newly discoved planet. The spheres on eather end are Sith Ice. A black aura surronds the weapon.
Properties:
Damage Bonus; Bludgeding + 1d12, Cold +5, Darkside +2d10
On Monster Hit; Instant Death; DC100
On Hit; Instant Death; DC10
Bonus Feat; Deflect
Bolt deflection Bonus; + 5
Darkside Only
Stat Penilty; Speed -5
Stat Bonus; Strength + 5, Strength + 5

Master Zionosis
10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
These are really good Darth_Luminus, i like these alot. The website is below.

Master Zionosis
11-11-2006, 08:27 AM
After the loss of a module editor everything will be moving quite slowly, so if there is anyone out there who would be willing to be a module editor for the mod visit the "join the team" page on my web site, the link is below.

Thanks

Darth Trylan
11-11-2006, 08:45 AM
i can be the voice actor and i can also do skinning, name creator.

-DT-

Anakin Skywalker
11-11-2006, 08:55 AM
{Snip} RedHawke took it off. :D I have done so again... :) -RH

Uhhh........ master z, I'll help you, but you can't expect a lot from me.... as I am "new" to modding.... I've only been doin it a couple of weeks.

pokejedi123
11-11-2006, 09:00 AM
hi,uh about the mod the Rhen Var idea is pretty good,BUT can you please put Timmy marong In it i will send you the personal info and robes via PMing...

Pokejedi123(the Original Creator of Timmy Marong,the exile Jedi Master)

Darth InSidious
11-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Got your back covered on Rhen Var. Check the link in my sig. for more info ;)

hi,uh about the mod the Rhen Var idea is pretty good,BUT can you please put Timmy marong In it i will send you the personal info and robes via PMing...

Pokejedi123(the Original Creator of Timmy Marong,the exile Jedi Master)

;)

What's Timmy Marong?

Elven6
11-11-2006, 12:49 PM
{Snip} If your still set on the Hoth idea then you can use Atris's academy for the hanger bay thing that was on Hoth, but I doubt it was around then. You can use the polar cap for general land purposes, has for name you can call it the Unknown World if you don't want to do research about planets that exisited around the KotOR era.

Removed tidbit about the now deleted posts. ;) -RH

pokejedi123
11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
;)

What's Timmy Marong?

Timmy Marong is My uh....se..(no...) Books character,or the head character

I quote:Timmy Marong was sent to find Revan and Korna Kidra.

he came back with empty hands and 2 days later Exile came without Revan,too.(P.S:the Timmy Marong Story takes place 2 Months after KOTOR 2)

his home planet is Rhen Var.

Darth InSidious
11-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh. Um, well I'm not sure, since it is your IP, not mine, which would raise certain issues over updates etc, and also, this is very much during the events of TSL :)

pokejedi123
11-27-2006, 09:07 AM
well the exile could meet him there .....but later she forgets Marong. :D

When The Exile is bad you can confront Marong and he leaves

But when teh Exile is good You can talk to marong and buy stuff from him(but he dissapears after your final planet)

LordJerec
11-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi there Master Zionisis, I can try to make a Nomi Sunrider Character, but the **** is that I don't know how to replace former party members, but I can help you make her, and yes I agree with the other ones around here... that Rhen var is good location to try to build this mod over... if you want to know more about nomi sunrider you can find it here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nomi_Sunrider :)

Darth Trylan
11-27-2006, 02:44 PM
master zionosis isnt currently doing this mod. master orran and ace92 are running it for abit.

Master Flick
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
i can't mod but if you need a storyline guy PM me,
here's some basic ideas

2 new jedi masters on your concil- frebar a male wookie who worked for the council during the war and a human Asins Plex a female who 's master was on the couscant coulcil and killed during the civil War
6 named NPCs - 3 republic lutineats 1 republic general, 1 jedi knight and a jedi padawan
wampas and tantauns arond the base

Master Zionosis
01-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Just a quick update im back doing the mod and i have been thinking on the story and i think i have a wicked plot to the planet now.

I have updated my screen shots page on my forum with a pic of the new completely rendered cut scene going to Hoth.

And another thing i am also recruiting again for the mod as i have not heard anything from a few of my team since last December, so if your interested visit my join the team thread on my forum (the link is in my sig).