PDA

View Full Version : Poll and Debate - What do you prefer light or darkness?

Darth_Velrogh
11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Do you love the ways of the Jedi, that bring peace and serenity to the galaxy or the ways of the dark side, with anger and power?

Please whatever you chose tell me why!

This thread was created to discuss the various sides of the Force!

What do you think its better to the galaxy? Is the dark side stronger ? Is the light side better? What should rule the galaxy?

I personnaly prefer the dark side for its power and ways, they're teaching strenghtens us while the light side weakens us!

Disagree? Got something to say about it? Post it here!

Man I look like a vendor! Well I'll leave it to you guys!

TSR
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I would like to think of myself as lightside, but inside i know that i have many faults that would prevent me from being a pure lightsider. Saying that, i know that i could not become darkside, as the thought of intentionally hurting someone and causing suffering on purpose just sickens me. So I guess it's grey side for me.

MachineCult
11-08-2006, 02:28 PM
I'd tell everyone I was Dark to freak them out, but i'd only really be grey. Nice to see a poll from a n00b that actually makes some sense.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd have to say dark. I dunno, maybe because of the way you are free, compared to the Jedi. And maybe because they seem like the villains. I just prefer the Dark side.

Zamx
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
I would be light, because I'm a good guy, don't like hurting people. But I would a jedi in NJO not I the old republic they have to much rules.

Emperor Devon
11-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Dark side. The Jedi never seemed to use the light to its full potential (being subservient to a corrupt government), and it's just plain kewler.

Jeff
11-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I would probably be a Jedi, on the light side.

Halo_92
11-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Grey.
Just becuase, well, just becuase.

ChAiNz.2da
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Light Side.

The Dark Side doesn't let you tell corny jokes :(

Darth333
11-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Grey or light for me...well I'd say light but without the Jedi brainwashing teachings.

Darth Reign
11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Neutral. Walking the division between light and dark is for me. Jedi are too straight and narrow. Sith are too much into -the dominate all- mindset.

PoiuyWired
11-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Well, how about go to a backwater world and start a Force Religion based on the Sith Code?

To Velrogh, The real one without mispelling that is, and "torturing ppl with lighting" is quite a boring hobby. What? You flick the lights on and off continuously?

Other than that, I am mostly neutral leaning towards the darkside. Then again I believe there is no darkside, only dark intensions, and I definitely have loads of them.

Diego Varen
11-20-2006, 03:11 AM
In Star Wars, I would be Light Side. But in real life, I'm never nice nor bad, so I'll go with the good old Grey Side.

Jae Onasi
11-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Lightside, because Jolee's one-liners are better if you're LS. Plus, a nemesis of a darksider pretty much has to be a lightsider. :D

Emperor Devon
11-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Plus, a nemesis of a darksider pretty much has to be a lightsider. :D

You know nothing of either side, Jae. We both know my knowledge of the EU completely pwns yours. :xp:

But yes, it is fitting. In the sense that for every knowledgeable person, there must be one ignorant one. :p

Prime
11-22-2006, 11:54 AM
[pet peeve]There is no gray side![/pet peeve]

:p

RC-1162
11-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Gray. i want powers of both sides

Halo_92
11-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Or I would be able to kick both of their butts, with both of their knowledge at hand, at a game of ping-pong.

ferris209
11-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Grey here, I would walk the line by doing bad things to achieve good results (i.e. sometimes there are some folks that just need killin'...child molesters, serial killers, etc.) As much as I love Obi Wan, my fav Jedi will always be Mace becuase I think he tread on that line a little more than any other popular Jedi, and he was dang good at it.

Exile Joey
11-27-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd have to say lightside. not pure light, but somewhere between that and grey. some things are just to goodygoody, and others, like intentionally causeing pain and suffering is horrible. Obiwan is my favorite. He tries to stay straight and true to the light, but has his own faults. like when he was mean to jarjar. poor frog. and when he left vader smoldering by the lava, that's horrible! he could have atleast taken the time to drill his saber through his skull. and ferris209, Mace sucks. he should have bombed the geonosian arena. he should have killed dooku when he had the chance. he should have outright killed sidious instead of arguing with skywalker. sorry. he just ticks me off. great swordsman though.

Rabish Bini
11-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Darkside 4 me. Feel the power of the Dark Side u weak Jedi.

MagnaGuard
11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I chose the Dark Side.

Fealiks
11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Grey side FTW. The Greys not only use their powers for good, but they also use their good for evil. Also, their dominating species is made of 67% sugar and they have the coolest weapons in the world. The Light Knife.

Pho3nix
12-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd have to say that the Force has no 'light' or 'dark' side, It's up to oneself to decide which way to go.

So gray side I guess ? :p

Titanius Anglesmith
12-05-2006, 10:54 PM
I would go with the Grey side. The whole Sith thing of killing people cuz there not as powerful as you and only thinking about yourelf repels me. Now the Jedi...I agree with the Jedi Code- I just don't like the Jedi too well. Most of them are arrogant and they shun anyone who doesn't follow the Code to the letter (like they're perfect in some way).

MatBraken
12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
i find the Jedi almost like Monks. they are at peace with everything. i do believe the jedi code as peace is better than war. the only problem s...have you ever tried not ot hate someone? But i still think the Jedi are pretty cool. They have thier own way of doing things. imagine if the force was real...

PoiuyWired
12-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, Jedis suffer from stagnation. I mean thru out history the order are mostly running in circles with their stacks of rules and never ever progress. Well, unless its the time they are pretty much WIPED OUT and have to start over again.

Well, sith is never about killing all those weaker than you, it just suggests you to do it if it suits your fancy. While I cannot say it is any better than the jedis, at least it promopts change, adaptation and evolution.

Now, if a problem arise, a sith would try to deal with it, in one way or another, preferably HIS way. And the jedi? He would start his meditation and discussion and tea party and what not, and start condamning those who are to eagar to deal with the situation.

Basically, if a sith fails it is usually because he is too arrogant, and for the jedi, because he is doing nothing, or doing something way too late.

I would rather be a sith, cause at least i die trying.

MatBraken
12-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, Jedis suffer from stagnation. I mean thru out history the order are mostly running in circles with their stacks of rules and never ever progress. Well, unless its the time they are pretty much WIPED OUT and have to start over again.

Well, sith is never about killing all those weaker than you, it just suggests you to do it if it suits your fancy. While I cannot say it is any better than the jedis, at least it promopts change, adaptation and evolution.

Now, if a problem arise, a sith would try to deal with it, in one way or another, preferably HIS way. And the jedi? He would start his meditation and discussion and tea party and what not, and start condamning those who are to eagar to deal with the situation.

Basically, if a sith fails it is usually because he is too arrogant, and for the jedi, because he is doing nothing, or doing something way too late.

I would rather be a sith, cause at least i die trying.

Fair point ;P

PoiuyWired
12-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Grey side people... EMPATHY IS DEATH!

Titanius Anglesmith
12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I think you're tryin to say "Apathy is Death." ;)

VaderChick
12-27-2006, 02:31 AM
I'd go with dark. Simply because 1.I dont know wy, and 2. I have never heard of the grey side.

aner21
01-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Grey all the way!!! In that department I must say my favorite character is Qui-Gon or even KoTORII's Kreia. Both Jedi and Sith are limited by their own "religions" if you could call them that. You shouldn't follow blindly a particular belief. You have to think for yourself without any mantras that tell you how you should act.

Grey Master
01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Has to be Grey, Im one myself, I like to merge both sides and use them all the time, like their powers and the teachings of both Jedi and Sith.

jebbers
01-19-2007, 12:27 AM
seeing as how i am dark(but not too dark) skinned, ill say dark side. o wait this is not based on my skin tone? oh either way im still dark. and there are alot of people out there id like to cause direct harm to.

Lt_Justin
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Grey light has too many restrictions yet I an not pure evil.......yet

Carlo El Sanchez
01-26-2007, 09:30 PM
The Light Side for me...i wouldn't want to be one with the Dark Side and get owned by a Jedi like all followers of the Dark Side get coming to them XP

Juyo
02-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Grey. Not being obligated to either side has it's benefits. You can use both sides of the force and still maintain a neutrality without being obligated to one side or the other.

Sam!
03-05-2007, 04:47 AM
Lightside. They always win. That's how most stries go. Light wins, dark falls. But grey...who would want to be neither? Leaving yourself in the middle would cause difficulties. Like Grey vs. Dark vs. Light vs. Grey. Thats complicated!

PoiuyWired
03-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Lightside always win? when?

Jae Onasi
03-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Being a grey Jedi is like being 'a little bit pregnant'. You're either light or dark. :)

PoiuyWired
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Only A Sith Deals In Such Extremes.

There are situations where one is going dangerously close to one side, or another. Like Vos, or Anakin before his fall, or Ulic at some points.

Grey side exist, its just that most would quickly switch path, to one side or another. This is especially true for the less powerful wielder of the force.

Jediknight1818
07-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I would have to go with the dark side, mainly because its easier and I'm lazy.