PDA

View Full Version : I can't remember my administrative password!

gandiva
11-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Are there any ways to fix this problem? My computer is a Windows XP and it does not have a floppy drive. Thank you.

Astrotoy7
11-27-2006, 08:30 AM
sorry, that's what it's there for !! Looks like you may need to do a reformat and reinstall. IMO its always good to do one of those every now and then :) very cleansing :)

maybe someone else may have a trick up their sleeve ? but unlikely! I actually leave mine blank. Seriously, stuff that is really important gets backed up and Im the only one that uses it....No need for it IMO.

mtfbwya

Sabretooth
11-27-2006, 10:42 AM
It should work in Safe Mode, right? If not, then i recommend making a start up disk of sorts on a CD/DVD and then trying to load up your system.

RC-1162
11-27-2006, 11:56 AM
do what the above two said, reformat your compy after backing up the files which you need. if you want to access your files on your admin account, go to C->Documents and Settings and get into your admin account's folder from there. you may probably know this, but just in case.

CalcProgrammer1
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
You can download a Live CD Linux distro, mount the drive, and send the files off to another PC on the network, then reformat with Windows CD