PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] WotOR

Pages : [1] 2

T7nowhere
12-21-2006, 03:46 AM
Weapons of the Old Republic

Well I started this mod over a year ago but it really took about 5-6 months of working on it, the rest of the time in between then and now was spent not modding. Its been a long year and I'm glad it's almost over ;) It hasn't been easy finding the time to work on this but over the last 2 months I managed scrape an hour here and there.

The mod description(copy and pasted from the readme) tells you what you need to know about the mod.

I want to thank Shem for Helping me play test and debugging the mod and for uploading it to FileFront. I couldn't have gotten this mod released at this time without his help.

Also thanks again to stoffe -mkb- for the Super fantastic tslpatcher.

There will likely be questions about the mod so please if your posting about a problem be as descriptive as you can. It will make trouble shooting that much easyer. Comments and suggestions are welcome so don't be shy. ;)

Download (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Weapons_of_the_Old_Republic;74001#Download)
Minor bug fixes, 1.0 to 1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.0_to_1.02.rar)
Minor bug fixes, 1.02 to 1.03 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.02_to_1.03.rar)
Copy the contents of the rar to your override folder and allow the files to overwrite any that are already in the Override folder.

Optional mod
lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02.rar) This mod has all the sabers from my 6 pack plus qui-gon's. Also included in Uthars utc with Blood of Malevolence. The sabers can use all 7 colors in KotoR, although you will have to cheat them in(I know it sucks, but I don't have the time to finnish it.) ANyway It will work without glitches with WotOR, but I can't guarantee it will cooperate with other mods.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons of the Old Republic
By
T7nowhere,svösh,Mono_Giganto

Released December, 20/ 2006
Contact information:
All this mods team members can be reached through Private Message
at http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=321

About WotOR:
Positive side effect:
Section I: Installation Instructions
Section II: UnInstallation Instructions
Section III: Possible Mod conflicts
Section IV: Credits
Section V: Special thanks
Section VI: Terms of use

About WotOR: *This mod is intended to be played with a new game, playing it with a current save game may make you miss several cool weapons* The main focus of this mod was to give as many of the interesting npc's their own unique weapons. This mod adds 22 new models for your eye candy pleasure. All of the weapons are integrated into the game as seamlessly as possible. Many of the models are just straight replacements for the characters original weapons some are completely new. It's your job to find out which are which ;).

I tried to keep the weapons balanced, some may even be a little under powered, but since I don't know which path you take through the game I kept them as close to the weapons that are found in the area. Only a few of the weapons have new stats most are the same was the originals.

Section I: Installation Instructions
To install this mod simply begin the installation and navigate to your SWKotOR root folder and hit the “ok” button. The Patcher is set to automatically back up any files that it modifies in your override.

Pay close attention to the install log for warnings and errors. It is very likely that this mod will include the same files that may have been used by other modders. If you have problems installing the mod or trouble shooting installation errors please find the WotOR Thread @ LucasForums http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645

Section II: UnInstallation Instructions
To uninstall this mod you will need to delete all the files that belong to WotOR from the Override directory. the easiest way to find all of this mods files is to Copy them from the extracted archive and and paste them into override and overwrite all files, this will select all of the files used by WotOR and allow you to right click one of the highlighted files and choose delete(to delete all the files selected).

Then find the Backup folder the the patcher created and restore the backups of the files that you originally had in Override before installing WotOR.

Section III: Possible Mod conflicts
The most likely conflicts you will find if any, will be with the .utc(character files). If you do have multiple mods that modify the same utc you will need to combine the files. (I will add the editing of UTC files to the patcher at a later date)
Section IV: Credits

svösh: Darth Bandon's saber

Mono_Giganto: The One's Vibrosword

T7nowhere:
Malak's saber
Ajunta Pall's Blade
Bastila's Double-lightsaber
Calo Nord's Heavy Blasters
Canderous' Ordo's repeating blaster
Carth's Blaster pistol
Chuundar's Bowcaster
HK-47's Repeating Blaster Rifle
Jolee's Lightsaber
Juhani/Quatra's Lightsaber
Mission's Vibrosword
Saul Karath's hold out blaster
Sherruk's Heavy Repeating Blaster
Sherruk's trophy Jedi knight's lightsaber
Sherruk's trophy Jedi Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Yuthura's Jedi Lightsaber
Yuthura's Sith Lightsaber
Bacca's Ceremonial Blade
Zaalbar's Bowcaster

Section V: Special thanks

Special Gratitude goes out to Shem for play testing, proof reading and debugging. I couldn't have released this mod without his help.

A very Special Thanks goes out to cchargin who made it Possible for us to make
new models for use in KotOR/TSL, tk102 for his very useful utilities for which we all could not mod KotOR and TSL with out, Fred Tetra for his continued support of KotoR tool(aka. KT) another tool us modders could not live without and stoffe -mkb- for the fantastic TSL patcher which has made installing mods much simpler. ;) for those that don't have to set up the installer) :)

Additional thanks goes out to all the people that have been so patiently waiting for me to release this mod and for remembering that I started it ;)

Section VI: Terms of use
This mod may not be re-upload to any other website unless explicit permission to do so is given by the WotOR mod Team.

You may alter the contents of this mod in anyway you see fit for your personal use only.

You are not allowed to use any of this mods resources in other released mods without express written consent of the WotOR modding team.

Edit:Those that have followed the mods wip progress may remember certain things that are missing, well unfortunately I lost some of my wip and max scenes(atleast 50 to be exact) and I haven't had the time to start from scratch, maybe a booster pack down the road. ;)

SithRevan
12-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Awesome mod T7 it looks great you have a definate download from me!:D

Shem
12-21-2006, 04:13 AM
This was a fun mod to beta test. You guys are in for a treat! :D

mjpb3
12-21-2006, 06:27 AM
W00t! I have been waiting patiently along with eveyone else for this one! Looks well worth the wait, too. ;)

Nice job!

Ghost Down
12-21-2006, 07:25 AM
W00t! I have been waiting patiently along with eveyone else for this one! Looks well worth the wait, too. ;)

Nice job!
Ditto!

:thmbup1:

- Ghost Down

oldflash
12-21-2006, 08:30 AM
This is awesome!

Darth InSidious
12-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Looks amazing :D

wasa7
12-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Thank you! I have tears in my eyes. Thank you!

TheGreenGoblin
12-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Yay!!! Just in time too. My vacation's just started, Finals are over and done with, now I can sit down and run through KoTOR with some nice new toys. :)

JediAthos
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Heh...looks like I have a reason to start a new K1 game :)

ChAiNz.2da
12-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Heh...looks like I have a reason to start a new K1 game :)
couldn't agree more :D

This looks amazing T7... I've said it before and I'll say it again..

"anything you release is nothing short of pure gold."

Though I think you may have upped yourself to Platinum status with this one ..hehehe :thumbsup:

Dirtnose
12-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Omg!, So awsome! :D

TheGreenGoblin
12-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I've been extracting the files and implementing them individually (since my Override is set up very delicately), so far I've gotten most of the models I've wanted in with little to no problem, but the Sherruk's Heavy Repeating Blaster is giving me trouble (which I chose to replace Canderous' blaster instead). I can get the model in the game but the damned thing is see-through. I thought the I was missing the TXI file but it is in there as well. Is there another file I'm missing? (I've got the MDL, MDX, TGA, TXI, inventory Icon and Base Items file all in there)

Shem
12-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh, I almost forgot to mention in case it's slipped some of your minds. For those who haven't nominated the mod of the year for K1, nominate this one.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=173323

This is the best K1 mod out there. That is why I waited till last night to nominate it because I was waiting till this made its public release. Once I a beta tested it, I knew this is what I wanted to nominate, but I had to wait patiently for its release before I could make my nomination (that's why it's almost the last minute :xp: )! Just in time for Christmas! :D

Emperor Devon
12-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I thought you'd forgotten about this. Excellent to see it wasn't the case! :)

Jeff
12-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Awesome work T7! I might have to dust off my KotOR CD to give this a playthrough ;)

Arátoeldar
12-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Sweet mod T7nowhere. :cool::)

Q
12-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I just downloaded WotOR and I was wondering if it would conflict with Shem's Malak Improved mod (a permanent addition to my K1 override folder), since it includes a new version of Malak's lightsaber. I'm sure that Shem would know since he beta-tested WotOR.

Thanks!

BTW T7 et al: Thanks for making this mod. I'll try it out ASAP.

Shem
12-21-2006, 04:33 PM
I just downloaded WotOR and I was wondering if it would conflict with Shem's Malak Improved mod (a permanent addition to my K1 override folder), since it includes a new version of Malak's lightsaber. I'm sure that Shem would know since he beta-tested WotOR.It's an easy change. Just open the UTI file "g_w_lghtsbr008" from my Malak Improved Mod and change the model variation from 6 to 200. Hopefully people who are wondering about it are reading this. :D

Darkkender
12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Sure you release this after my mod of the year choice. I hope nobody is looking because I see an edit coming round.

Q
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
It's an easy change. Just open the UTI file "g_w_lghtsbr008" from my Malak Improved Mod and change the model variation from 6 to 200. Hopefully people who are wondering about it are reading this. :D
Cool. I thought that the fix would be pretty simple. Thanks for the quick reply, Shem! :)

Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 07:40 PM
how do i open the uti file

TheNeutrachrist
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
It looks glorious! Can't wait to put it into action!

Q
12-21-2006, 07:49 PM
how do i open the uti file
I did it with KotOR Tool's GFF editor. Open KotOR Tool, hit File/Open GFF Files, and pick the "g_w_lghtsbr008" file in your SWKotOR override folder. Change the model variation value from 6 to 200 and save.

Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
ok ty
:edit: i cant seem to find the d/l link on the kotor tool site where is it at

Shem
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
ok ty
:edit: i cant seem to find the d/l link on the kotor tool site where is it atIt's right above where people comment on the site. If you still can't see it, at the top of the page you should see links that say "Click Here to Download the File"!

Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
ty and i must be blind cuz i didnt see that there

Shem
12-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Look for the American, Belgium, and Australian nation flags. If you can see those, the download locations are there. When you find the flags, look for the links that say "Download Now"!

Q
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
You'll also need Microsoft's .NET Framework to work with KotOR Tool. I think that KotOR Tool provides a link to DL it. It's a lot of hoops to jump through, but KotOR Tool is well worth it, even if you aren't a modder (I'm not :) ). You'll see!

Master Demonius
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
ok i have that and is there a tutorial to use the kotor tool cuz i want to learn how do small stuff for my self like placing item places

svösh
12-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Excellent work as always T7 no matter how long it took you still got it done and out for everyone, that's a lot more then i can say for myself....

occasionally lurking on HL ;) svösh

Prime
12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Finally some decent gun models! :D

Q
12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
ok i have that and is there a tutorial to use the kotor tool cuz i want to learn how do small stuff for my self like placing item places
Start here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324) The tutorials are at the top of the page.

T7nowhere
12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm just glad to get that

monkey off my back. ;)

I can get the model in the game but the

damned thing is see-through. I thought the I was missing the TXI

file but it is in there as well. Is there another file I'm missing?

(I've got the MDL, MDX, TGA, TXI, inventory Icon and Base Items

file all in there)

The only files Sherruks Blaster rifle needs are:

t7_sherBlstrfl01.tga
t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi
iw_HvRptBltr_201.tga
w_HvRptBltr_201.mdl
w_HvRptBltr_201.mdx
t7_sherrukblstr.uti

and dan14_sherruk.utc if you want him to use it during the game. My

only suggestion is to make sure all the files are named as I posted

above.

TheGreenGoblin
12-21-2006, 11:23 PM
What I ended up doing was I ended up just renaming another TXI file and that did the trick. Very weird.

MdKnightR
12-22-2006, 03:52 AM
OMG!!! I can't believe he finished it!!!! I bow before the great T7nowhere! However, I can't seem to download it. It keeps telling me "The page you are looking for does not exist or has been removed." HELP!

Shem
12-22-2006, 03:55 AM
OMG!!! I can't believe he finished it!!!! I bow before the great T7nowhere! However, I can't seem to download it. It keeps telling me "The page you are looking for does not exist or has been removed." HELP!Which country server are you trying to use? America, Belgium, or Australia? I know the American one works because I just tested it. Use that one.

Master Kavar
12-22-2006, 07:50 AM
I just knew you wouldn't let us down T7, now I'm glad I saved my Player's Choice nomination for K1. I had a feeling you might be saving the best for last. I'm sorry to see that Jorack Uln's / Master Uthar's double sabers didn't make the final cut, but I still can't wait to get right into this mod.

Jolly Boots
12-22-2006, 03:49 PM
I seem to remember more weapons from the request thread a while back. I believe it was Bendaks and Twitchs blaster pistols...or are those being saved for another pack containing the incomplete Bastila single-saber and Uthar double-bladed saber that was discussed?

:disaprove You and MDK need to read an entire thread before posting then... look at T7's initial release post above... the last paragraph to be exact. ;) -RH

MdKnightR
12-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I seem to remember more weapons from the request thread a while back. I believe it was Bendaks and Twitchs blaster pistols...or are those being saved for another pack containing the incomplete Bastila single-saber and Uthar double-bladed saber that was discussed?

Good point. I had forgotten about those myself, but it would be nice to have those. Wasn't there also talk of having a new hilt for the Padawan saber the PC builds on Dantooine?

Darth InSidious
12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Edit:Those that have followed the mods wip progress may remember certain things that are missing, well unfortunately I lost some of my wip and max scenes(atleast 50 to be exact) and I haven't had the time to start from scratch, maybe a booster pack down the road. ;)
;)

LazloAlbatross
12-23-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't konw if anyone has brought this question up yet, but will this work on Mac Computers? Would I still be able to just place these files into my Override to have them placed in game, or am I boned...Won't know until later tomorrow night since my game disk is in New Jersey at my folk's house.

T7nowhere
12-23-2006, 02:25 AM
^^^You will be able to just copy most of the weapons and additions to Override, but if you do that it won't edit the 2da's or gff files, which is a major undertaking if you don't know what your doing,

However if you don't have any 2da's in your override I can generate a default set, if you do have some 2da's in your override already, you can PM me and I'll give my email addy so that you can send me the 2da's that you need modified.

Edit: if you try to just copy all the files to Override, don't copy the 2da files. those are unmodified and if they overwrite any that are already there you will mess up other mods that depend on them.

LazloAlbatross
12-23-2006, 02:41 AM
^^^You will be able to just copy most of the weapons and additions to Override, but if you do that it won't edit the 2da's or gff files, which is a major undertaking if you don't know what your doing,

However if you don't have any 2da's in your override I can generate a default set, if you do have some 2da's in your override already, you can PM me and I'll give my email addy so that you can send me the 2da's that you need modified.

Wow, thanks! I've only been a member for a few days and already I've been given so much help. I'll look into this situation in the next few days after I get a crack at the game again. i've been waiting for over 4 weeks now & i've been compiling more Mods than I know what to do with...You mod will be the key layout for my new game when I finish my current one.

Thanks again,
LazloAlbatross

TheNeutrachrist
12-23-2006, 03:13 AM
I have run into a conflict, the Juhani Sanctuary/Dark Rones Mod uses a different dan14_juhani.utc file than WoToR. I cannot equip the Sanctuary Robes without the game crashing. Any way we can get a file from you or Chainz that is friendly to them both? I only ask because I can see this Mod becoming extremely popular.

lactose_
12-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Hi there!

First off, thanks for this great mod! The whole thing is fantastic all round, but the blaster models are absolutely amazing. I can't stop gawking at them.

Now I've got some stuff to report... I installed the mod in a clean Override folder, and cheated the weapons in-game to see how they looked.

Unfortunately I've got a problem with Bacca's Ceremonial Blade (t7_baccaswrd01):
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7702/baccaqq3.jpg

And, worse, HK-47's Repeating Blaster Rifle (t7_ak4hk):
http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/473/akjs3.jpg

Am I the only one who's gotten this? I downloaded it from Filefront, the American server if I remember correctly.

Finally, can you describe how this mod would affect the Revan's Mask+ ver 2.0? I don't mind spoilers, so please let me know what will happen in-game if I install WOTOR over the RM+ (I suppose that should be the order in which to do this).

Once again, thanks for the awesome work!

Shem
12-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Hi there!

First off, thanks for this great mod! The whole thing is fantastic all round, but the blaster models are absolutely amazing. I can't stop gawking at them.

Now I've got some stuff to report... I installed the mod in a clean Override folder, and cheated the weapons in-game to see how they looked.

Unfortunately I've got a problem with Bacca's Ceremonial Blade

Am I the only one who's gotten this? I downloaded it from Filefront, the American server if I remember correctly.

Finally, can you describe how this mod would affect the Revan's Mask+ ver 2.0? I don't mind spoilers, so please let me know what will happen in-game if I install WOTOR over the RM+ (I suppose that should be the order in which to do this).

Once again, thanks for the awesome work!When I saw your screenshots, I knew right away what the problem was. I ran into those when I beta tested this mod. So that means I have the correct model files and have updated the mod for T7 to save him time to getting back to me since I know what the problem is. I hope he doesn't mine.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Weapons_of_the_Old_Republic;74001

I took the liberty into putting in the correct model files. I noticed when I checked out the mod files that the messed up Bacca Blade and HK-47 Blaster Rifle was the messed up ones and put in the updated model files. I also noticed the Saul Karath UTI file was the outdated one too that he did correct, but didn't put it in the mod release. So I put that in for him too to save him some time.

I figured that he would have gone to me to do this anyway so I may as well get it done ASAP. Especially since I don't know how much time I'm going to have tomorrow to work on it since I'm going to be in and out all day. I'm the only one that can update the file and I had the update it needed and the time now.

T7 really worked his butt off getting this mod done in the time he did it and he did it while juggling his work schedule and school schedule, so I'll save him the stress in having to contact me for that. The only thing he needs to do is update his announcement post with the new link.

lactose_
12-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks Shem! I'll d/l the latest one now.

Oh, I also found the reason behind the problem with Sherruk's blaster. The entry in the .txi is "CM_Barmetal" instead of "CM_Baremetal". Think you can change this too, if you haven't already.

EDIT:
Shem could you list whatever changes you made, so we can just extract the new files and replace them, instead of re-installing all over again. Thanks!

T7nowhere
12-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Whoa! thanks for catching those lactose_, I was certain that I had updated the files in the tslpatcher data folder after I fixed them. :( I sent my version of the mod to Shem to be reuploaded so if you haven't downloaded it yet please wait for the version 1.01.

For those that have already installed the mod you can download and copy these files over the original ones from my mod. Minor patch (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.0_to_1.01.rar)

I have run into a conflict, the Juhani Sanctuary/Dark Rones Mod uses a different dan14_juhani.utc file than WoToR. I cannot equip the Sanctuary Robes without the game crashing. Any way we can get a file from you or Chainz that is friendly to them both? I only ask because I can see this Mod becoming extremely popular.

You can edit that utc with KotoR Tool I would suggest editing my version of the file and add the robe to the body equip slot.

As for the robe crashing the game it's probably from the robe uti pointing to the wrong appearance.2da line, this is not the fault of my mod. Appearance.2da or the robes are not edited and the different uti dan14_juhani.utc would not cause the robes to crash when equiped on her. I have tested svösh's Juhani Sanctuary robes when I was playtesting and everything was smooth, she wore them the entire game.

Edit: regardless of which version you have 1.0 or 1.1 you should download and use the files that I posted above. simply extract and overwrite the files in Override.

LazloAlbatross
12-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Let me ask this: While I do have the Mac version of the game, would I be able to take the disk folder files on my Mac and transfer them to my PC laptop, mod the .2da files there, and THEN return them to my Mac? As you can see, I'm very new to all of this.

lactose_
12-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey, no problem T7, I'm just glad to have ensured the mod was as good as intended.

I'd still like to know the answer to my query though, if possible.

T7nowhere
12-23-2006, 06:01 PM
^^^ I did have plans to add a few enhancments to Revan's Mask+ with this mod but I did not have time to impliment them. Included in this mod is revan02.uti this is a lightside version of Revans mask that I made. Currently there is no way other than cheating to accuire the mask, but its there.

Here is the icon for the mask http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p24073208.html

Let me ask this: While I do have the Mac version of the game, would I be able to take the disk folder files on my Mac and transfer them to my PC laptop, mod the .2da files there, and THEN return them to my Mac? As you can see, I'm very new to all of this.

Well I don't know anything about Macs, But I suppose if you can get Override folder onto a pc , you will be able to use the patcher without any worry.

You will need to create a SWKotOR folder and place your override and dialog.tlk file in that folder in order for the patcher to function without errors. After the patching is complete and you found no errors, then you can take your override folder back over to your mac and delete the SWKotOR folder along with the dialog.tlk.

TheNeutrachrist
12-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Whoa! thanks for catching those lactose_, I was certain that I had updated the files in the tslpatcher data folder after I fixed them. :( I sent my version of the mod to Shem to be reuploaded so if you haven't downloaded it yet please wait for the version 1.01.

For those that have already installed the mod you can download and copy these files over the original ones from my mod. Minor patch (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.0_to_1.01.rar)

You can edit that utc with KotoR Tool I would suggest editing my version of the file and add the robe to the body equip slot.

As for the robe crashing the game it's probably from the robe uti pointing to the wrong appearance.2da line, this is not the fault of my mod. Appearance.2da or the robes are not edited and the different uti dan14_juhani.utc would not cause the robes to crash when equiped on her. I have tested svösh's Juhani Sanctuary robes when I was playtesting and everything was smooth, she wore them the entire game.

Edit: regardless of which version you have 1.0 or 1.1 you should download and use the files that I posted above. simply extract and overwrite the files in Override.

Fixed it, thanks for the point in the right direction T7!

Master Kavar
12-23-2006, 09:57 PM
I'd like to report what I think might be a bug, or it just might be my computer running slow.

On the Endar Spire, there was a slight delay between the moment Darth Bandon appears and when he brandished his new lightsaber, causing him to look hostile with his bare hands, and didn't brandish his lightsaber until moments before the scene switched away from him. Only a minor problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

Lucied
12-23-2006, 10:08 PM
i love it its awsome but i cant help but notice in the mission screenshot is that a reskin of her in a black outfit ??? :)

T7nowhere
12-24-2006, 12:59 AM
I can't say, Shem was nice enough to take those screens in his game, I don't have any of my screens up yet.

Lucied
12-24-2006, 01:23 AM
so t7 is this compatible with your revan's saber mod?

T7nowhere
12-24-2006, 01:39 AM
yes, completly, just install that mod before this one.

Shem
12-24-2006, 03:20 PM
On the Endar Spire, there was a slight delay between the moment Darth Bandon appears and when he brandished his new lightsaber, causing him to look hostile with his bare hands, and didn't brandish his lightsaber until moments before the scene switched away from him. Only a minor problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.That's interesting because when I beta tested it, it worked normally and I tested that scene at least five times.

Here are the pictures from my beta test.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7964/bandon1fm7.jpg
Turns on lightsaber as soon as he is seen.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2756/bandon2db9.jpg
Then walks towards you after turning it on like he usually does.

T7nowhere
12-24-2006, 03:44 PM
I'd like to report what I think might be a bug, or it just might be my computer running slow.

On the Endar Spire, there was a slight delay between the moment Darth Bandon appears and when he brandished his new lightsaber, causing him to look hostile with his bare hands, and didn't brandish his lightsaber until moments before the scene switched away from him. Only a minor problem, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

I thought that might happen on slower machines, I'm not saying that your system is slow, but you may want to do some system maintenance. A simple defrag can do wonders.

Master Demonius
12-24-2006, 08:59 PM
i can d/l this mod on the filefront site because its supposedly not there is there somewhere else i can d/l this

SithRevan
12-24-2006, 10:37 PM
i can d/l this mod on the filefront site because its supposedly not there is there somewhere else i can d/l this

I just downloaded the updated version of this mod about an hour ago and I had no problem doing it. I would go try again and if you have anymore problems with it I will go check it (I am the Co.Manager there so I can do that.) Anyway though I hope this does help.;)

TheNeutrachrist
12-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Is it just me or are all the weapons translusent?

T7nowhere
12-25-2006, 03:31 AM
Well, which weapons? check your override to make sure that all these files are presant

Ban_hilt00.txi
Mand_hvypstl01.txi
Mand_hvyrptr01.txi
t7_ap_hilt.txi
t7_apBlade01.txi
t7_baccablade01.txi
t7_bastila.txi
t7_bigz01.txi
t7_chundbow01.txi
t7_hk_rptr.txi
T7_HldOBlstr01.txi
T7_hvybstl02.txi
t7_joleesbr01.txi
t7_lsabreblue01.txi
t7_lsabregren01.txi
t7_malak01.txi
t7_misskat01.txi
T7_pistol01.txi
t7_quatrasbr01.txi
t7_revan03.txi
t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi
t7_troph1.txi
t7_troph2.txi
t7_yuthjedi01.txi
t7_yuthsith01.txi
w_glam_cross.txi
w_glam_grip.txi

lactose_
12-25-2006, 04:52 AM
^^^ I did have plans to add a few enhancments to Revan's Mask+ with this mod but I did not have time to impliment them. Included in this mod is revan02.uti this is a lightside version of Revans mask that I made. Currently there is no way other than cheating to accuire the mask, but its there.
Thanks for the answer, T7!

I have other questions, if you don't mind.. :D

1) Why make a new baseitems.2da entry for saber crystals? I've wanted to ask this for other mods but I never got around to doing so. Is the regular slot hard-coded for a certain number of crystals or something?

2) Will you be releasing the source scripts? I wanted to see how Malak's sabers would be incorporated in-game but couldn't do so. Or, alternatively, could you just tell me how the PC can get them thru normal play?

Thanks!

T7nowhere
12-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the answer, T7!

I have other questions, if you don't mind.. :D

1) Why make a new baseitems.2da entry for saber crystals? I've wanted to ask this for other mods but I never got around to doing so. Is the regular slot hard-coded for a certain number of crystals or something?

The reason I did this is so that I can have a Lightsaber+crystal with the same model variation as a Doublesaber+crystal. We did this with USM also for the same reason.

2) Will you be releasing the source scripts? I wanted to see how Malak's sabers would be incorporated in-game but couldn't do so. Or, alternatively, could you just tell me how the PC can get them thru normal play?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I didn't have time to finnish the dialouge for Malaks lightsaber, I'll be free( no work or school) :D during the week so I'll do my best to get it completed. What I was doing was allowing the PC to Generate a lightsaber like Malak's with the SF replicator. The scripts are done though. There is also a possible very powerful bonus to replicator if you have my Revan's mask + mod. (but thats not in there either yet.)

Currently, if you want to use Malak's Lightsaber you can by cheating. I made all 7 colors for his saber.

As for the source scripts you can try DeNCS , that app may not be able to perfectly decompile the script, but if you know a little about how the code works it would be enough to figure out how my scripts work. I'm a ameture scripter at best so they are not very complicated.

I'll say this though, some of the weapons are not there just for the PC to obtain. None of the npc's will be willing give away their weapon. ;)

Master Demonius
12-25-2006, 10:13 AM
i got it
i used the cheat to get malaks lightsabre and when i equipped it it crashed my game

Ghost Down
12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Could you implent the lightsaber from your Revan's Mask + Mod into this mod? I'm asking this cause I like that saber alot! .. But I don't like the robes from your Revan's Mask + Mod. Maybe you could let it replace the padawan lightsaber that you build on Dantooine? Also could you release that reskin of Bastila? The one where she wears the dark brown robe. :)

- Ghost Down

T7nowhere
12-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Could you implent the lightsaber from your Revan's Mask + Mod into this mod? I'm asking this cause I like that saber alot! .. But I don't like the robes from your Revan's Mask + Mod.

If you download version 2.0 the robes are an optional install, they have a separate installer from the rest of the mod. That mod is the only way you will be able to get that Lightsaber.

EDIT: I uploaded version 2.0 to the SWK featured mods page a few days ago. The file is still named the same though, i didn't feel like editing the page just to change the name of the download file.

Also could you release that reskin of Bastila? The one where she wears the dark brown robe. :)

- Ghost Down

Nope, I can't release that, its not my reskin. Svösh is the one that made it, you'll have to pester him for it. ;)

i got it
i used the cheat to get malaks lightsabre and when i equipped it it crashed my game

You spawned one of the sabers from t7_malak01-t7_malak07 ?

Master Demonius
12-25-2006, 05:20 PM
no g_w_lghtsbr6

TheNeutrachrist
12-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, which weapons? check your override to make sure that all these files are presant

Ban_hilt00.txi
Mand_hvypstl01.txi
Mand_hvyrptr01.txi
t7_ap_hilt.txi
t7_apBlade01.txi
t7_baccablade01.txi
t7_bastila.txi
t7_bigz01.txi
t7_chundbow01.txi
t7_hk_rptr.txi
T7_HldOBlstr01.txi
T7_hvybstl02.txi
t7_joleesbr01.txi
t7_lsabreblue01.txi
t7_lsabregren01.txi
t7_malak01.txi
t7_misskat01.txi
T7_pistol01.txi
t7_quatrasbr01.txi
t7_revan03.txi
t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi
t7_troph1.txi
t7_troph2.txi
t7_yuthjedi01.txi
t7_yuthsith01.txi
w_glam_cross.txi
w_glam_grip.txi

It was all of them that had the problem but WoToR 1.1 seemed to fix it.

T7nowhere
12-26-2006, 01:44 AM
^^^ Odd, I don't see how thats possible unless you installed the mod incorrectly.

Anyway I'm glad its working for you now.

Master Demonius
12-26-2006, 02:14 AM
i figured out my problem as well

lactose_
12-26-2006, 11:26 AM
The reason I did this is so that I can have a Lightsaber+crystal with the same model variation as a Doublesaber+crystal. We did this with USM also for the same reason.
Oh, yeah that explains it, although the alternative would be just to name the models differently right? Why not do this instead?
Unfortunately I didn't have time to finnish the dialouge for Malaks lightsaber, I'll be free( no work or school) :D during the week so I'll do my best to get it completed. What I was doing was allowing the PC to Generate a lightsaber like Malak's with the SF replicator. The scripts are done though. There is also a possible very powerful bonus to replicator if you have my Revan's mask + mod. (but thats not in there either yet.)

<snip>

I'll say this though, some of the weapons are not there just for the PC to obtain. None of the npc's will be willing give away their weapon. ;)
Yes of course! With beautiful models such as these nobody would wanna give them up! :D

So I suppose we can look forward to more weapon-y goodness in the new year then! :drool1:

T7nowhere
12-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh, yeah that explains it, although the alternative would be just to name the models differently right? Why not do this instead?

1) I can keep all my models in the same number range.(also less of chance that someone else will use the same number range or that my models will conflict with another mod.)
2)I can make more sabers Upgradable this way.(not that I really need so much space for my lightsabers)
3)Because tslpatcher makes it so easy to edit gff and 2da's.( Its so easy that I almost look for ways to use the patchers functions) ;)

SithRevan
12-26-2006, 04:30 PM
3)Because tslpatcher makes it so easy to edit gff and 2da's.( Its so easy that I almost look for ways to use the patchers functions)

So do I actually, I love using it because of the organization it gives generates when you do use it. Anyway though I just want to say awesome job on the update for this mod. It looks really good!;)

Master Demonius
12-26-2006, 04:41 PM
has n e 1 else had a problem with loading the starforge with this mod or is itjust me

Kainzorus Prime
12-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Excellent, it definately gives a fresh feel to K1.

PrimusPilus
12-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Great job T7! I've been using your mods since CIS!

A quick question for you...do you know what specifically is modified in the baseitems.2da file? I've been comparing the one for WOTOR 1.1 and my own and I can't seem to see any difference. There are some modified lines in my personal baseitems.2da, however, I can't seem to see any changes that your MOD adds. If that is the case, then I won't be copying your baseitems.2da into my override folder but if there are changes, then I'm an idiot cause I can't see them. I need to know what they are however, so that I can modify the existing baseitems.2da file.

Thanks in advance!

TheNeutrachrist
12-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I have to double check but I believe I am missing the t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi, because Sheruk's Rifle is still transparent. Everything else I've gotten so far is not, the jedi knight single saber was until I installed 1.1, Sheruk's still is.

T7nowhere
12-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Great job T7! I've been using your mods since CIS!

A quick question for you...do you know what specifically is modified in the baseitems.2da file?

Well I would hope I do. ;) There are no changes to the 2da files that are included in the tslpatchdata folder. Those 2da's are there incase TSLpatcher does not detect any of the 2da files used in this mod. They are un-edited, it is the patchers job to edit the 2da's it finds in the override folder if it finds none then it copies the 2da files to override and edits them.

So to answer your question in order to see what is added to the 2da files you will need to run the tslpatcher.exe. Don't let the name scare you it will install the mod for use with KotOR and not TSL, I simply forgot to rename the installer exe.

I have to double check but I believe I am missing the t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi, because Sheruk's Rifle is still transparent. Everything else I've gotten so far is not, the jedi knight single saber was until I installed 1.1, Sheruk's still is.

All of the txi's are there, I just downloaded the mod from filefront and the files is in the rar, however the file is incorrect(there is a typo in the spelling of CM_Baremetal) and you should have downloaded and copied the files from my minor patch found in this post http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2233552&postcount=49 to your override folder. it includes the correct t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi plus a few other minor correction not included in the WotOR1.1 that is on filefront. Shem is aware of this, but I told him not to worry about getting my updated version up until after the holidays, because I uploaded the fixes in a rar on my isp's free webspace.

kata_mad
12-27-2006, 05:39 AM
I have only just seen this mod and are downloading it right now, Does bastilia use her new saber on the SF as if she does I would like to know how you got around the whole invincible bastila issue (i.e. where there are 2 .uti files named the same on the SF)

T7nowhere
12-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Yes, she does use the saber I made her.I wrote a simple script that adds the saber to her inventory for the fight scenes and during the ingame cuts she will be holding the saber, which is also scripted.

Ya, you can't touch those uti's on the SF without messing something else up.

It should have even been a simple matter to equipe the saber on her, but the dev responsible for those last couple of levels liked to use a scripting function that forces the npc to equipe the most powerfull melee weapon, and don't ask me why but the game seems to think that the default sabers are the most powerfull. So in the end I had to destroy the standard from her inventory and add another one of mine. The cut scene should be fairly seemless. ( I just realized that if you kill Bastila you might be able to loot 2 double lightsabers from her inventory) oh well ;)

To put it simply, the Starforge was a pain in the butt.

lactose_
12-27-2006, 11:31 AM
T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.

PrimusPilus
12-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the response T7, that makes sense then. Good to know my brain hasn't left me completely ;)

kata_mad
12-27-2006, 01:06 PM
T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.

Would that actually work, since the script pulls the lightsaber out at the begining of the fight, the robes would have to be there already. I do hope I am wrong because I have always wanted to have her fight in them.

Rain128
12-27-2006, 04:02 PM
EDIT: Sorry seemed to work fine... weird =/

T7nowhere
12-27-2006, 04:38 PM

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.

Whoopsy, I don't know how that slipped past. I Tested those SF scenes so many times. I've uploaded the fixed files, unfortunately in order for them to be used by the game you will need to load the module fresh. Meaning that it has to be the first time you enter the module.

More minor fixes (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.0_to_1.02.rar)

void main ()
{
object oNPC1 = GetObjectByTag("sta_bastila", 0);
CreateItemOnObject("bastsbrr",oNPC1);
DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("g_w_drkjdisbr002"));
ExecuteScript("ok_psta_pcwalk", OBJECT_SELF);
}
The above script is the one used to make bastila pull out and use the double lightsaber I made her. So if you wanted to have her equiped with svösh's robe you would need to use a script like the one below.
void main ()
{
object oRobe = GetItemInSlot(1, oNPC1);

object oNewRobe = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_clothes03",oNPC1);

if (GetIsObjectValid (oRobe))
{
DestroyObject(oRobe);
}
AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewRobe,1));
}

That script should work, now that you have the script you need to trigger it. I used a script from the game "k_psta_cutwait" and renamed it to "ok_psta_cutwait"
void main()
{
ExecuteScript("ok_psta_cutwait", OBJECT_SELF);
ExecuteScript("t7_bastrsbr", OBJECT_SELF);
ExecuteScript("bast_E_Robe", OBJECT_SELF);
}
The part of the above script in cyan would be your script name. I named it bast_E_Robe because it would be euqiping the evil looking robe on her. Save the last script and name it k_psta_cutwait and compile the script, drop it along with the script to equip her robe and when you enter that module she will hopefully be wearing the robe.

Shem
12-27-2006, 05:00 PM
T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.Well, I made it so you can have Bastila equip Svosh's Bastila Revelation robes by doing some appearance.2da changes. I had Bastila make a swap. What I switched is the Bastila clothing section into the robe section, and had the robe codes into the clothing section. Then have the dark side version of the robes coded under the Dark Jedi robes.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9127/bastuw3.jpg

It also makes a switch that I want. Having Bastila wear Jedi robes at the end celebration.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/2346/celewc8.jpg

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.This is probably why it's good that T7 is holding off sending in a updated version so that more bugs can be reported before he has me upload an updated version.

TheNeutrachrist
12-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I had missed that first patch, thought it was part of the WoToR 1.1 update, thanx T7!

Master Demonius
12-27-2006, 09:33 PM
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

kata_mad
12-28-2006, 09:42 AM
So if you wanted to have her equiped with svösh's robe you would need to use a script like the one below.
void main ()
{
object oRobe = GetItemInSlot(1, oNPC1);

object oNewRobe = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_clothes03",oNPC1);

if (GetIsObjectValid (oRobe))
{
DestroyObject(oRobe);
}
AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewRobe,1));
}

That script should work, now that you have the script you need to trigger it. I used a script from the game "k_psta_cutwait" and renamed it to "ok_psta_cutwait"
void main()
{
ExecuteScript("ok_psta_cutwait", OBJECT_SELF);
ExecuteScript("t7_bastrsbr", OBJECT_SELF);
ExecuteScript("bast_E_Robe", OBJECT_SELF);
}
The part of the above script in cyan would be your script name. I named it bast_E_Robe because it would be euqiping the evil looking robe on her. Save the last script and name it k_psta_cutwait and compile the script, drop it along with the script to equip her robe and when you enter that module she will hopefully be wearing the robe.

If anybody tries this and getis it to work is it possible to PM me and I will give you an email address to send it to because I would not know how to script it if it was right in front of me.

lactose_
12-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Ooh, thanks for the scripts T7!

I suppose a similar one is used for Bastila on the Unknown World. But can I ask why? Especially when her .utc there is unique?

T7nowhere
12-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Ooh, thanks for the scripts T7!

I suppose a similar one is used for Bastila on the Unknown World. But can I ask why? Especially when her .utc there is unique?

Because I know there are already several mods out there that already edit her utc so I scripted it. However I took a shortcut and just edited all of the other Bastila utc's in that module to add my saber.

lactose_
12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
^^^^^
Ok, noted. :)

Now, I know you must be getting tired of this, but I think I found another problem...

I was playing through the sta_m45ac to see your (original) scripts in action. And this is what happens:
- When the cutscene is played for Bastila, the flourishing of her saber as it is being equipped can be heard.
- She talks to Malak with non-ignited saber, and then goes into battle meditation mode with the same non-ignited saber.
- When the PC confronts her, she flourishes her saber, but there are no blades!

Note that I only tested this by warping straight to sta_m45ac w/o playing through the earlier part of the SF.

But I think scripting the saber to be equipped at the beginning of the cutscene is what causes this problem?

stoffe
12-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Because I know there are already several mods out there that already edit her utc so I scripted it. However I took a shortcut and just edited all of the other Bastila utc's in that module to add my saber.

If you are willing to go through the trouble you could make the installer modify the existing UTC (GFF) file in the override folder (if it exists) to insert the saber into Bastila's inventory directly without overwriting the whole UTC file. That should theoretically preserve compatibility with other mods modifying the same template (unless they also change her weapon, of course) without having to use scripts to give and equip the weapon.

T7nowhere
12-29-2006, 06:22 PM
But I think scripting the saber to be equipped at the beginning of the cutscene is what causes this problem?
All the script does is tell the saber to (basically)turn off. You see for some reason the "ActionEquipItem" command will sometimes make a saber ignite and flourish.

I did notice this problem with an early script trigger I had tried. But with the current scipts it should be fine. Hmm, I'll go through it again. Maybe it would be better to just remove that script all together.

lactose_, try the scene without this script "k_psta_cutwait.ncs in override.

EDIT: If you are willing to go through the trouble you could make the installer modify the existing UTC (GFF) file in the override folder (if it exists) to insert the saber into Bastila's inventory directly without overwriting the whole UTC file. That should theoretically preserve compatibility with other mods modifying the same template (unless they also change her weapon, of course) without having to use scripts to give and equip the weapon.

I am actually doing that now, I tried to get it done before the 20th(my deadline) but just ran out of time(as you know its quite a bit more work than editing a utc directly ;) although I am glad you figured out a way to allow editing the struct trees) . Also scripting the sabers on the npc's was abit of a safety habit I picked up from making USM.

lactose_
12-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I did notice this problem with an early script trigger I had tried. But with the current scipts it should be fine. Hmm, I'll go through it again. Maybe it would be better to just remove that script all together.

lactose_, try the scene without this script "k_psta_cutwait.ncs in override.
All right, it works fine now! :) And the whole scene flows better too (unless one thinks that the action of flourishing a saber that was previously not in her hand is weird - but then many NPC dark jedi do that too).

Mandalorian-Jed
01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I was just wondering, what are the codes to get the weapons to spawn in-game?

I'm using the "Skip Taris" mod and I dont have Bastila's lightsaber like I should do :indif:

Ghost Down
01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey, I had this idea for awhile, and I thought that I might aswell spit it out.

*drum roll* WotOR for TSL! *drum roll*

No, no.. Not one from scratch. Just convert some of the weapons from WotOR to TSL.
And not all of them, just some important ones. Like Canderous's blaster, it could be given to Mandolore (Does make sense.. Canderous and Mandalore are the same person.) And HK's AK! Perhaps you could even reskin HK's blaster and give it to the HK-50's and name it HK-50's Assassin Rifle or so. And Atton could be given a reskin of Carth's blaster. And I am quite sure that you will figure out which guns to give to which Party members and/or NPC's. ;)

But ...

Is it possible to make it compatible with the USM?

Anyway.. I hope that you take some time to think about my idea! :)

- Ghost Down

shahz019
01-06-2007, 06:04 AM
T7, can you give another link for your mod? I've tried to download from FileFront, but it said that file not found. I dunno why...please help me...thx

T7nowhere
01-06-2007, 02:15 PM
It works fine for me from the US link. If your getting redirected to another page,try hitting the back button to return to the mod page.

Jolly Boots
01-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Anyone else getting Bandon not spawning on Korriban? His Sith flankies appear but he doesn't. Causes the game to crash. =/

Q
01-07-2007, 06:23 AM
^^^Do you have other mods involving Bandon installed (Shem's Super Enhanced, for example)? I've spent the week knitting those two mods together. :)

Speaking of which T7: I'm looking for Bandon's Manaan *.utc file. I found kas_bandon.utc, kor_bandon.utc, and tat_bandon.utc easily enough, but I can't find one for Manaan. I went to Hrakert (sp?) Station to see if he would show up wielding Svosh's saber, and of course he was, so I was wondering which file put the saber there.

Incredible job on the models, BTW!

Jolly Boots
01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Nope. No other mods that modified Bandon.

PrimusPilus
01-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey T7,

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to report to you a possible oversight with the MOD.

It seems that when you first meet Calo Nord in the Lower City Cantina on Taris, he does not have the new blasters equipped for the cut scene. You also have to initiate conversation with Calo before the cut-scene takes place. I might be wrong on that last part, however, I thought the cut-scene initiated when you walked through the cantina door past the pazzak player, not when you talked to Calo...

Also, when you go into the lower city apartments, in the second cut-scene with Calo, he doesn't weild any blasters at all, he just fights bare knuckled, which is kinda cool, but, the blaster models are too good not to show off at every opportunity ;).

Ghost Down
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Strange, those scenes worked okay for me ..

- Ghost Down

Jolly Boots
01-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Same.

As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.

MdKnightR
01-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Where can I download that mod you made that gives Malak a gold and black with metallic eyes appearance? And is it compatible with WotoR?

Ken
01-08-2007, 10:52 AM
MdKnightR, I am pretty sure Wotor is compatible with the Bastila Revelation Robes. I installed both and nothing needed to be overwritten, but who knows? Also Wotor is sadly not compatible with Sherruk Attacks with Lightsabers, Redhawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack, Blaster/Armor/Droid/Misc Item Pack, and the Xia Terashai Set, until T7 gets around to including the utc modification, which would make only Redhawke's mods that I already mentioned incompatible. Ugh, that was a huge run on sentance. Sorry for the short list, these are the only mods that I was using for Kotor I, too lazy to look through all of pcgamemods and knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront. Still like I said, I'm not sure, somebody should double check just in case. Well how's that for a first post. Oh yeah and before I forget awesome mod T7, always knew you'd get it out.

-Ken

Q
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
^^^OK. While this may be true, this mod can be made compatible with other mods by reading the installog and looking for errors, and editing the files in question.

It would also help to read this entire thread. By doing so you would see that Bastila Hardcore and Malak Improved have already been addressed. :)

Ken
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Yep, you're absolutely correct Qliveur. This mini list was simply made to save a few people some time in looking for which mods they would have to edit files to make it compatible with Wotor. Sorry once again for the small list. Can't believe I forgot that Bastila Hardcore, Malak Improved, and Juhani's Dark Robe/Sanctuary Threads were already mentioned, shame on me, shame on me.

-Ken

RedHawke
01-10-2007, 01:11 AM
If I may ask Ken, since you looked into it, what files are the ones that clash with my item pack mods?

Q
01-10-2007, 02:09 AM
@RH:

From your Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack:
dan14_sherruk.utc
g_w_lghtsbr06.uti
kor39_yuthura.utc
tar03_brejik031.utc
tar03_selven031.utc

From your Blasters/Armor/Droid Item Pack:
p_hk47.utc
p_jolee.utc
p_juhani.utc

Nothing I could find in your RTW/SF booster.

kata_mad
01-10-2007, 09:05 AM
The only one that really is a problem would be the g_w_lghtsbr06.uti file as all the other .utc files are just for telling the game what to equip them with when they jion your party. These can easily be amended with KTto include other items from this mod.

RedHawke
01-11-2007, 01:08 AM
You will have to merge T7's and my .utc files, see I equipped certain NPC's with some of my items to buff them up when you face them and make the worn items lootable. I can't say what T7 did.

The g_w_lghtsbr06.uti you can overwrite as it doesn't really affect anything (it is a file I should have removed, but I was a little lazy) ;)

MdKnightR
01-11-2007, 03:51 AM
T7nowhere, I hope that you can give me some advice. I want to make Bastilla's saber color something other than yellow (I hate yellow). I have hex-edited the w_dblsbr_250.mdl file to point to a color that I made specifically for it, but it still turns out to be the default yellow when she wields it. Am I missing something?

T7nowhere
01-11-2007, 04:24 AM
^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.

mimartin
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry for taking so long to comment, but I just finished another play through with your mod installed. It is one of the best mods ever made and it has a permanent place reserved in my override folder. Thank you, and all of those that helped you with this mod. I want you to know all your hard work is really appreciated. Thank you, for sharing your creation with us and allowing us to continue to enjoy this wonderful game. Great work and great mod!

MdKnightR
01-12-2007, 02:47 AM
^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.

Thanks for the help. Now it looks great! However, when it comes time for Bastilla to hold Malak off while you make a run for the Ebon Hawk on the Leviathan, she enters the scene with a yellow saber, but finishes with the custom silver blade that I made for it. Is there any way to fix this?

T7nowhere
01-12-2007, 11:25 AM
^^^ Did you overwrite the original yellow saber model? I say this because I made only 2 models for her, yellow and red, so a straight overwrite of the yellow is what you need to do.

MdKnightR
01-13-2007, 01:55 AM
If you mean name my silver color w_lsabreyelo01.tga instead of having it as its own file, then no I didn't. Even though I really dislike yellow as a saber blade color, I didn't want to take it out of the game completely. I want Bastilla to have her own unique color while other sentinels encountered during the game still wield yellow blades. Is there no other way to get around my issue?

T7nowhere
01-13-2007, 03:48 AM
Is there no other way to get around my issue?

I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?

MdKnightR
01-13-2007, 04:36 AM
I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?

Yes, I did overwrite the model with the one I edited. She plays out the entire scene wielding the model you made. At the beginning of the scene, her blade is yellow. At the end of the scene (as Carth is yelling "NO!") she is battling Malak with the silver blade that I conjured up. At any other place in the game prior to that scene, she wields it as a silver saber like I want her to. I know it sounds strange, but that is the way its doing it.

EDIT: Actually, its hard to tell, but I think she may be entering the scene with a default yellow saber model, but she definitely ends it with the one you made.

MdKnightR
01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
I confirmed it. She enters the scene with a default yellow saber hilt. I couldn't tell clearly that that was so because I had installed another hilt in its place. I went back and removed that hilt so I could tell for sure that was what she was holding, and it is. I don't understand why she begins the scene with a default and ends it with your saber.

T7nowhere
01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Do you have any other mods that would affect that module? I'm trying to remember if I had to script the saber on her or if its the same one that she has when malak freezes her and Carth.

I know I wrote one script that destroys her normal saber from the pc's inventory just before Malak fights her, the reason I did this is because the game would be using the "bast_temp_saber.uti" to attack Malak.

Have you modified that uti? It should be pointing to model Var 250.

MdKnightR
01-14-2007, 01:51 AM
OK!!! Now I know what was going on. I was using an old savegame that was saved after the Revan revelation sequence. I had forgotten that I had gotten rid of Bastilla's saber early in that old game. Evidently, the game was placing the default one in her hand to begin the sequence since it wasn't in the inventory to begin with. When I went back to a prior save and played up to that point, everything worked out beautifully. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for being patient with me.

T7nowhere
01-14-2007, 02:03 AM
:D cool, I'm glad you got it worked out.

MdKnightR
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Just thought you might like to see what I did with it. I think your hilt design looks awesome with my custom silver blade. What do you think?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b218/MdKnightR/Screenshots/KotOR0000.jpg

Sorry that screenshot is from a really dark scene. It looks bright white in the an outdoors environment.

Kainzorus Prime
01-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm encountering a problem with Bandon on Korriban. When I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords, regular cutscene starts, but only two sith thugs appear and Bandon is missing. Shortly afterwards game crashes. It is odd because he worked fine during Endar Spire attack (with RTW/SF/BP and WotOR 1.1 installed) Only other mod I use is RH's Revan The White/StarForge/Booster Pack, but that too has TSL Patcher install.

Edit: I just checked, same bug appears on Kashyyyk in Shadowlands. I assume it could happen on Tatooine and Manaan but I'm aready past those.

Edit 2: It seems bug is within Bandon.utc files for each planet. After removing those, Bandon appears but he weilds his regular double bladed saber.

Jolly Boots
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm encountering a problem with Bandon on Korriban. When I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords, regular cutscene starts, but only two sith thugs appear and Bandon is missing. Shortly afterwards game crashes. It is odd because he worked fine during Endar Spire attack (with RTW/SF/BP and WotOR 1.1 installed) Only other mod I use is RH's Revan The White/StarForge/Booster Pack, but that too has TSL Patcher install.

Edit: I just checked, same bug appears on Kashyyyk in Shadowlands. I assume it could happen on Tatooine and Manaan but I'm aready past those.

Edit 2: It seems bug is within Bandon.utc files for each planet. After removing those, Bandon appears but he weilds his regular double bladed saber.
Had the exact same problem. Easily fixed.

As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.

Darth InSidious
01-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Had this problem too on Korriban.

I solved it by extracting the original kor_bandon UTC using KT, and then copying the items in Bandon's inventory (the list of stuff below, not the stuff equipped to his body...) from the one supplied by T7 ;)

T7nowhere
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll look into it, this is odd though as it worked fine in my tests. I didn't just add the items though, I also edited his feats so that he would have single wielding instead of double.

Shem
01-16-2007, 04:34 PM
I'll look into it, this is odd though as it worked fine in my tests.It also worked for me when I beta tested each module for Bandon.

Kainzorus Prime
01-17-2007, 12:31 PM
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

This wasn't answered, and I have encountered same bug.

Darth InSidious
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
^Actually, now that I remember, I've had that one, too.

T7nowhere
01-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Nope, I have never encountered that, but I don't think it has anything to do with WotOR considering nothing in that module was edited.

Kainzorus Prime
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I have a theory tough it might not be the answer. Before Leviathan I had Bastila equiped in Dark Jedi robes, which after takeoff, leaves her in dark side underwear (one after Taris swooprace). Maybe the module doesn't recognize it but that's just a theory.

Shrub91
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm having a problem with Bandon when I exit (to the valley) the Sith Academy on Korriban. KotOR just CTDs on me when it finishes loading..... Any help would be appreciated.

Mod note: Merged question thread into the main WOTOR thread. ~M

Shem
01-20-2007, 04:53 AM
I'm having a problem with Bandon when I exit (to the valley) the Sith Academy on Korriban. KotOR just CTDs on me when it finishes loading..... Any help would be appreciated.I think I know why T7's Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Korriban UTC files of Darth Bandon are causing people's games to crash and why did didn't when I beta tested it and why it didn't crash in T7's game and others. Manaan won't be a problem since T7 scripted Bandon's lightsaber in his hand instead of a UTC file change. That also means Bandon's armor is not equipped to him, but in his inventory.

T7 put Bandon's fiber armor equipped to his clothing slot. The game doesn't have him wear it by default. Bioware just put it in his inventory. The reason why it's crashing on lots of different people is that my appearance.2da file is altered so that I can have Bandon's appearance and wear different types of armor and robes. I'm willing to bet that T7's appearance.2da file is set to that also which is probably why both of us didn't think about that being a problem when testing it. The game by default isn't set for that. I did that so I can use Bandon's appearance for mod test purposes.

I also notice that if you have Darth333's recruit Darth Bandon mod, she changed the appearance.2da file on Bandon's row so that he could wear clothing and armor so those who are using that mod shouldn't have any problems with T7's mod.

All you have to do is edit his files so that the armor isn't equiped on him, but in his inventory. Or you can edit his equipment slots in your appearance.2da file. His row number is 184. One or both of those solutions will fix your problems.

Ghost Down
01-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Could you post instructions on how to do this, Shem?

- Ghost Down

T7nowhere
01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Woopsy, Thanks for finding that shem. Ok I edited my files and here is 1.02 to 1.03 patch (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/upgrades1.02_to_1.03.rar) the only thing this rar includes are the 3 utc bandon utc files.

Sorry about that guys.

To install, extract the files and copy and paste them over the same files in your override folder.

Q
01-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry about that guys.
No worries. Thanks for the update. :)

I've encountered a little, game-breaking problem of my own. It happens on the bridge of the Leviathan after you take out Saul Karath and his guard. Something is keeping his dying dialogue from firing. He just lies there after you defeat him and nothing is said. Since I don't have any of Karath's .gff files in my override, and I've noticed that there's a custom script that arms Karath with your custom hold-out blaster, and then a couple more written for that particular module, I was wondering if one of them might be breaking the dialogue.

T7nowhere
01-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry I can't think of anything from my mod that could break that dialogue.

I have 3 scripts for that module. The first(k_plev_40ad_en.ncs) is a replacement for the original, it just fires the Original script(ok_plev_40ad_en.ncs) and then my weapon replacement script(saul_hob_rplc.ncs).

My inicial thought is of a conflicting utc or script attached to the utc or dialogue. Do you have any other mods that mod that module.

Q
01-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I feel stupid. :)

It wasn't your scripts at all; it was the altered .GFF file "n_darkjedim001.utc" that I had put in my override to buff the dark jedi in the game.

I didn't think that that would prevent the dialogue from firing. Problem solved. :)

Mandalorian-Jed
01-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Everything has worked perfectly so far, however when I set off from the Unknown World to set foot on the Star Forge, the game just stays on a black screen. I can hear the music and can flourish my lightsabers, but can't pause or do anything :(

Help would be greatly appreciated.

T7nowhere
01-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Load a save game prior to the module you are stuck in and try to go tot he star forge again.

Sometimes the game will produce odd little glitches like that.

Mandalorian-Jed
01-26-2007, 05:22 PM
No that still didn't work :(

"You see this hand? It is mine! You see these things? They are mine!"

T7nowhere
01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
What other mods do you have installed. If any others , do you know if they modify that area on the starforge.

Mandalorian-Jed
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
That's a point, I have dozens of others installed, but none that affect the StarForge. Or none that I can recall.

Q
01-27-2007, 01:17 AM
^^^
If you're talking about the Ebon Hawk cutscene that takes place on the way to the Star Forge, I've had this problem too. More than likely it's some .utc file(s) that modifies either Bastila, Carth, or both. If there are any in your override folder, take them out, and then replace them once you make it to the Star Forge.

Ztalker
01-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Running perfectly :)

Made me re-install the game. All these new weapons make boss fights and NPC conversations so more rewarding. It adds unique-ness to every party member, a thing that annoyed me with the original.
Every Jedi (Juhanni, Jolee) seemded to have made their own sabers, but for the PC, they were just that 'silvery tubes' instead of story enhancing items like they are now.

Good job :) Really love the new 'bad-ass' Baca Blade

TheNeutrachrist
01-27-2007, 07:16 PM

Having the same issue with Bastilla and the Leviathan. Only other mods, are the one that alters Jolee Bindos clothes and Juhani's sanctuary robes, Revan Mask 2.0, Part of Revan the White, WotOR, Malak looks like Vader, Dead Eye Duncan on Manaan, RH Enhanced Sabers, RH Construction Bench and the RH Elder Merchant mod.

T7nowhere
01-27-2007, 07:42 PM
^^^

Nope, I have never encountered that, but I don't think it has anything to do with WotOR considering nothing in that module was edited.

See above Quote.

MdKnightR
01-28-2007, 04:36 AM
I just got through playing out the LaShowe (sp?) story on Korriban. When I fought her, she was wielding a regular green lightsaber and I was able to loot it from her after the battle. I seem to remember her having a red one all the other times I've played through. Was this part of the WotoR mod?

Shem
01-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I just got through playing out the LaShowe (sp?) story on Korriban. When I fought her, she was wielding a regular green lightsaber and I was able to loot it from her after the battle. I seem to remember her having a red one all the other times I've played through. Was this part of the WotoR mod?It's not. It's probably from either another mod, or you did it yourself unknowningly.

Check your override for this file, "kor36_lashowe.utc". Open it and look in the inventory. It's probably edited to a green lightsaber (g_w_lghtsbr03) instead of a red (g_w_drkjdisbr001). How you got that in your override is anybody's guess, but it's not from the WotOR. In fact, just to make sure, check your download file of this mod and see if the "kor36_lashowe.utc" file is in there just to put your mind at ease. ;)

MdKnightR
01-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I found out where it came from. It was from the "Bastila and Female Revan, the untold love story" mod. It is the only UTC file in there for some reason. There's nothing mentioned about it in that mod's readme file either. I kinda liked it in a way. It made me think..."well maybe she left the Jedi order and hadn't earned her red crystal yet." But it was confusing since she had a red saber elsewhere in the game (I know this because of the custom hilt that I have assigned to all red sabers). You said "g_w_drkjdisbr001" should be in there instead? I thought it would have been g_w_lghtsbr02.

Shem
01-29-2007, 12:07 AM
You said "g_w_drkjdisbr001" should be in there instead? I thought it would have been g_w_lghtsbr02.You can look up the original one in the KOTOR Tool. It really doesn't matter which one of the two is there as long as you get your red lightsaber, right?

MdKnightR
01-29-2007, 04:19 AM
I just completed Korriban...

and converted Yuthura to the light side. I really loved her saber designs and had hoped that perhaps she would award me her sith saber when I met up with her on Dantooine. You know, saying something about how she didn't have a use for it anymore.

I still wish you had included Master Uthar's doubleblade in this mod. It seemed out of place to have him with a common doubleblade while Yuthura had 2 awesome hilts.

T7nowhere
01-29-2007, 04:39 AM
I still wish you had included Master Uthar's doubleblade in this mod. It seemed out of place to have him with a common doubleblade while Yuthura had 2 awesome hilts.

I lost it, along with 50 other max scenes and unfortunately I didn't have the time nor inclination to make a new model.

You can always just replace Uthars double bladed saber for a custom model from another mod.

Q
01-29-2007, 09:31 AM
You can always just replace Uthars double bladed saber for a custom model from another mod.
That's what I did. I've given him Blood of Malevolence. Sorry you lost that model, but what can you do? I'm quite happy with what I've got.:)

@T7: I've noticed that when I face Bastila on the Star Forge, she's wielding her yellow saber instead of her red one. I've got two modified Bastila Star Forge .utc's in my override, and I've got her armed with your red saber in both. Could they be messing with your script?

MdKnightR
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I lost it, along with 50 other max scenes and unfortunately I didn't have the time nor inclination to make a new model.

That would be a good idea. Which file would I need to modify and what entry in the file would need the change?

Also, about what I said about Yuthura in the spoiler block, how would I go about making a mod enhancement that would allow her to offer either one of her sabers to you when you speak to her?

T7nowhere
01-30-2007, 01:13 AM
That's what I did. I've given him Blood of Malevolence. Sorry you lost that model, but what can you do? I'm quite happy with what I've got.:)

I did the same thing.

@T7: I've noticed that when I face Bastila on the Star Forge, she's wielding her yellow saber instead of her red one. I've got two modified Bastila Star Forge .utc's in my override, and I've got her armed with your red saber in both. Could they be messing with your script?

Try playing through the module without the utc's and see if she still has a yellow saber. You will need to load the module fresh though, loading from a save game won't change the utc's.

That would be a good idea. Which file would I need to modify and what entry in the file would need the change?

Lightsaber 7 pack (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007.rar) Try this mod. It has all the sabers from my 6 pack plus qui-gon's. Also included in Uthars utc with Blood of Malevolence. I meant to release this with WotOR but I didn't have the time and it looks like I won't have the time to add the other things I wanted to so I won't hold it back. The sabers can use all 7 colors in KotoR, although you will have to cheat them in(I know it sucks, but like I said I don't have the time to finnish it.) ANyway It will work without glitches with WotOR, but I can't guarantee it will cooperate with other mods.

Also, about what I said about Yuthura in the spoiler block, how would I go about making a mod enhancement that would allow her to offer either one of her sabers to you when you speak to her?

It all depends on where and when you want her to give you the saber. Aside from that you could edit one of the games dialogue then add a simple giveitem script to it.

void main ()
{
object osaber = CreateItemOnObject("t7_yuthsith01",GetFirstPC());
}

You can't get any simpler than this. ;)

MdKnightR
01-30-2007, 01:33 AM
I would like to get it on Dantooine. Would you happen to know which file contains that dialog I'd need to modify? Sorry, but I am a noob at this kind of modding.

Shem
01-30-2007, 02:01 AM
I would like to get it on Dantooine. Would you happen to know which file contains that dialog I'd need to modify? Sorry, but I am a noob at this kind of modding.It should be in the "danm14aa" module in the KOTOR Tool. Find the area that says "Dialogue". Open that up and you should see a file that says, "dan13_yuthura.dlg". That would be your file. :D

As for Uthar's lightsaber, I started out using one of T7's models he made for Mjpb3 called the Darth Nemesis hilt.

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/K008.php

I then converted it so it uses a red blade. Then I changed my mind and made it Jorak's hilt while using another hilt that Oldflash made for Uthar's saber. :D

jimbo32
02-02-2007, 12:30 AM
This is amazing stuff T7. Like a lot of people, I've been waiting (impatiently) for this ever since the discussion in Modding Requests started. I thought that the models for Yuthura's sabers were so good that I started a recruit mod for her. Maybe I'll actually finish it now that the sabers are out!;)

MdKnightR
02-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Okay, as I said before, I am a complete noobie at this. I used Kotor Tool's Conversation Editor to open up the dan13_yuthura.dlg so I could edit it with your script. However, I'm not sure where to put the script in. Each of the fields for script won't accept one that long. Please help with highly detailed instructions, if you will. Thanks!

T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 12:49 AM
You need to compile the script first then put the file name (without the extension) into the "script to run for this node" box on the "node Scripts" tab.

Also you may want to read this thread. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143681

MdKnightR
02-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Thanks, T7. I got it now. Now I'm just having a hard time deciding what to place in the dialog to make it make sense that she's giving you her saber.

Now, about the Lightsaber 7 Pack....I tried installing it tonight and it gave me this error....

• Error: Critical error: Unable to locate file to patch, "kas22_darkjedi01.utc" file not found! (GEN-9)

It also stopped shy of full installation by 3 files. Please help.

T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Now, about the Lightsaber 7 Pack....I tried installing it tonight and it gave me this error....

• Error: Critical error: Unable to locate file to patch, "kas22_darkjedi01.utc" file not found! (GEN-9)

It also stopped shy of full installation by 3 files. Please help.

Oh, you can ignore that error, unless it prevents the rest of the mod from installing.

What were the 3 files that were not installed? Did the files have an error next to them?

MdKnightR
02-05-2007, 04:13 AM
^^^ No. It just seemed to have stopped shy of fully installing is all. Your folder had 328 files in it, but my Override folder only had 325 new files in it. I don't know which ones didn't install. I tested the battle with Uthar, and the BOM saber is there and he uses it. Other than that, I don't know how it will react.

T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Well one file in the tslpatcher folder is "changes.ini" (used only buy the installer) and a another would be "info.rtf"(also only used by the installer) and the last m34aa.are this file should have been copy and/or edited, but because it was after the "kas22_darkjedi01.utc" the action to edit the file didn't complete. You can live without that file in your override, all it does is place a different onenter script that spawns crystal formations in the shyrack caves(same crystal formations as the ones in USM)

Anyway I corrected the mistake with the installer
lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02.rar) you can either run the installer again or open the file m34aa.are and edit the onenter node to look like this OnEnter=k_pkor34_areaent.

jimbo32
02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Just a heads up T7.

The icons for the Blood of Malevolence crystals are mis-named in the new 7-pack - the links are broken.

Example:
iw_dbrcrstl_207.tga

should be:
iw_dblcrstl_207.tga

Once they're named properly, everything's cool.

Otherwise, great job. It's nice to have all of the sabers available in every colour.

T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 07:18 PM
^^Well, I'm glad you guys are paying attention. ;)

I corrected those files and reuploaded the mod, for anyone that already has the mod, you can go ahead and rename the files:

iw_dbrcrstl_207.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_208.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_209.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_210.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_211.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_212.tga
iw_dbrcrstl_213.tga

To
iw_dblcrstl_207.tga
iw_dblcrstl_208.tga
iw_dblcrstl_209.tga
iw_dblcrstl_210.tga
iw_dblcrstl_211.tga
iw_dblcrstl_212.tga
iw_dblcrstl_213.tga

jimbo32
02-05-2007, 07:53 PM
One more thing - where is the "m34aa.are" file supposed to go? I just went to the Shyrack caves and there were no crystal formations.

The patcher is puting it in Override.

T7nowhere
02-05-2007, 09:20 PM
^^^ it is set up to either edit the m34aa.are file if it is in your override or it will copy the file to override then edit it. Unfortunately it doesn't help that I forgot to add the files to the installation.

Here is the new link Lightsaber 7 pack 1.02 (http://members.shaw.ca/t7kotormods/files/lightsaber_7_pack2007_1.02.rar)

Sorry about this, but if you have installed the mod already I advise you to remove all the files this mod installed then copy the backed up files from the tslpatcher backup folder that was created in the install folder, then run the installer again.

The easyest way to remove the files from the Lightsaber 7 pack is to select all the files(ctrl+a) in the tslpatchdata folder(deselect "changes.ini" and "info.rtf" by holding ctrl+left click) then rightclick one of the highlighted files and select copy and then paste the files into your override folder and allow them to overwrite all the files(which will select all the files this mod uses in your override which will allow you to easily delete the mods files).

Hopefully no more problem will be found.

jimbo32
02-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Hopefully no more problems will be found.

Heh. Just another heads up T7. This one's for WotOR though. :)

The "kas_bandon.utc" from the upgrades1.02_to_1.03 has the wrong tag. It's tagged as "kor_bandon", so the cut-scene at the bottom of the elevator doesn't fire properly (and no fight).

I just went through something similar with my recruitment mod for Yuthura (thanks to stoffe and Darth333 i figured it out before I pulled out all of my hair), so that was the first thing I checked when the cut-scene didn't start.

cheers.

EDIT:
One more thing - I noticed that the new crytals in the 7-pack don't have a description. Although they look fine in Kotor Tool, when you check them in-game all it says is "no description set".

I tried opening a few up in GFFEditor, and got an error:
"A warning has occured:
File: D:\nwn_xp1\Dev\utilities\Editors\GFFEditor\GFFTree Nodes.cpp
Line#: 326
Press Abort to quit, Retry to debug, or Ignore to continue"

Retry gave an external exception 80000003.

I'm not sure what all of this means, but I thought it might be helpful.

T7nowhere
02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks, I'll fix those things up tonite if I have time.

jimbo32
02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks, I'll fix those things up tonite if I have time.

One more thing T7 (for now ;) ).

Someone reported the issue back on page 2, but you may have missed it. On the Leviathan in the interrogation chamber, Bastila is invisible. Unfortunately, I didn't have a save close to that point, so I couldn't troubleshoot the problem. It looks like that module uses p_bastilla001.utc, if that makes any difference. (There appears to be something screwy with the in-game version of that file as well - Kotor Tool won't open it)

I'll let you know if I find anything else. :D

T7nowhere
02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
You are right, it is the utc that is causing the glitch with bastila in the interrogation.

I think dismissed suggestion of my mod being responsible for that glitch. this is really a D'OH! moment, I knew I shouldn't have trusted that those utc's were safe.

Anyone that has not yet reached the leviathan, please remove the files p_bastilla001 and p_bastilla002 from your override. I apologize fort he inconvience this has caused anyone. Removing those files will not affect the rest of the mod, until the Unknownworld and then only if you Join with Bastila on the temple summit. I'll figure out a way around this.

EDIT:
One more thing - I noticed that the new crytals in the 7-pack don't have a description. Although they look fine in Kotor Tool, when you check them in-game all it says is "no description set".

I tried opening a few up in GFFEditor, and got an error:
"A warning has occured:
File: D:\nwn_xp1\Dev\utilities\Editors\GFFEditor\GFFTree Nodes.cpp
Line#: 326
Press Abort to quit, Retry to debug, or Ignore to continue"

Retry gave an external exception 80000003.

I'm not sure what all of this means, but I thought it might be helpful.

Are you sure that the crystals have no description in your game, In my game they say "Large crystal formation" I downloaded my mod and reinstalled it and it still shows up with Large Crystal Formations, just as it should.

perhaps you corrupted the utp files when you opened them with the nwn gff editor. I would recomend only using KT or K-gff.

jimbo32
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The crystal formations are fine - it's the saber crystals that are missing their descriptions (and it's all of them - not just the few I opened in GFFEditor).

Anyway, when I opened them with the GFFEditor, I copied a few from my override to my desktop. The ones in override haven't been touched.

T7nowhere
02-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh Ok, I think I know whats happening in your game then, you are probably trying to put a double saber crystal in a normal saber hilt or a normal saber crystal in a double saber hilt. none of the crystals will work if you put them in a short saber and you can only use a double saber crystal in a double saber and normal crystal in a normal hilt.

If you put a crystal in a hilt and the hilt turns into a grenade which has no description then just cancle out without assembling it and your saber will be fine.

All of the uti's are fine on my end and from my uploaded .rar, so I can't really say whats is going on at your end if it's not what I suggested it could be.

jimbo32
02-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Nope, it's not the null-grenade thing (c'mon T7, gimme a little credit).

If you look at them in your inventory or at the workbench before upgrading a saber (ie: mouse-over) it says "no description set". It does that for all of the crystals in the 7-pack. Once you assemble a saber, the description for those is fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. Same results.

I'll try it with a clean override and let you know what the results are.

T7nowhere
02-10-2007, 04:38 AM
You should also try to load the crystals into another savegame with kse.

Ghost Down
02-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Could you repack the mod again with all the fixes?

- Ghost Down

jimbo32
02-10-2007, 01:28 PM
You should also try to load the crystals into another savegame with kse.

False alarm. Sorry about that T7.

I'm still not sure what was causing the problem though. When I installed the mod in a clean override and started a new game, everything was fine (I added a few crystals with KSE to check them). I then uninstalled it, put all of my other mods back (with the backed-up .2da's) and reinstalled. I had to go through my most recent save with KSE and replace all of the 7-pack crystals, but once I did that everything was good.

Some kind of screw-up with the .2da's I'm guessing - my fault no doubt. My override is a little sensitive sometimes.

T7nowhere
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
^^^ Thats ok, it happens. ;)

Could you repack the mod again with all the fixes?

- Ghost Down

Yes, I'm currently working on that.

MdKnightR
02-21-2007, 03:25 AM
The "kas_bandon.utc" from the upgrades1.02_to_1.03 has the wrong tag. It's tagged as "kor_bandon", so the cut-scene at the bottom of the elevator doesn't fire properly (and no fight).

Did anyone figure out how to fix this problem? I am now at Kashyyyk and I am experiencing the same thing.

Shem
02-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Did anyone figure out how to fix this problem? I am now at Kashyyyk and I am experiencing the same thing.This is how you fix it.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3433/kasbandy5.jpg

See where I circled "kor_bandon". Make sure it says "kas_bandon".

jimbo32
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Ran into another issue with the Bastila *.utc's T7.

After finishing up in the temple on the Unknown World, I went back to the Ebon Hawk. When trying to take off for the Star Forge, instead of the cut-scene with Carth, Dadonna, and Vandar I got nothing but a black screen. I removed your modded Bastila files from override, and tried again - the cut-scene fired just fine.

I had a quick look at the six files, and they all appear to be OK. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?

Jolly Boots
02-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Ran into another issue with the Bastila *.utc's T7.

After finishing up in the temple on the Unknown World, I went back to the Ebon Hawk. When trying to take off for the Star Forge, instead of the cut-scene with Carth, Dadonna, and Vandar I got nothing but a black screen. I removed your modded Bastila files from override, and tried again - the cut-scene fired just fine.

I had a quick look at the six files, and they all appear to be OK. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?
I had the same problem. But after I restarted my system and played it, it worked. Odd.

Master Michael
03-13-2007, 07:17 AM
I had the same problem as jimbo32.
Removed the bastila files, and it worked.

Thanks for the tip, jimbo32.

MdKnightR
03-19-2007, 04:16 AM
I had the same problem as jimbo32.
Removed the bastila files, and it worked.

Thanks for the tip, jimbo32.

I am having the same problem, but I am afraid to remove the Bastilla files in Override. Mainly because if I take them out, won't it affect the rest of the story on the Star Forge?

Master Michael
03-19-2007, 10:15 AM
You can put them back after you have landed safely on the Star Forge.

T7nowhere
03-19-2007, 12:17 PM
To quote myself from a few messages up on this page.

Anyone that has not yet reached the leviathan, please remove the files p_bastilla001 and p_bastilla002 from your override. I apologize fort he inconvience this has caused anyone. Removing those files will not affect the rest of the mod, until the Unknownworld and then only if you Join with Bastila on the temple summit. I'll figure out a way around this.

If you have Bastila join up with Revan on the Temple summit, it will be safe to remove all of the p_bastilla001 to p_bastilla006 UTCs after you save with her in your party.

Shem
03-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Actually just removing the p_bastilla001.utc and p_bastilla002.utc is enough. Heck even remove p_bastilla003.utc while you're at it. From my personal experience when Bastila joins your party if dark side, the game 99.9% of the time uses the p_bastilla004.utc file. Only once did the game in the countless times I've beaten K1, Bastila joined you using the p_bastilla006.utc file. I've never seen it use the p_bastilla001.utc, p_bastilla002.utc, p_bastilla003.utc, and p_bastilla005.utc file and I've beaten it on my PC around 50 times.

Ryuujinn
04-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Actually just removing the p_bastilla001.utc and p_bastilla002.utc is enough. Heck even remove p_bastilla003.utc while you're at it. From my personal experience when Bastila joins your party if dark side, the game 99.9% of the time uses the p_bastilla004.utc file. Only once did the game in the countless times I've beaten K1, Bastila joined you using the p_bastilla006.utc file. I've never seen it use the p_bastilla001.utc, p_bastilla002.utc, p_bastilla003.utc, and p_bastilla005.utc file and I've beaten it on my PC around 50 times.

Okay, so, me, being the newbie-modder that I am, my question is, what exactly are the p_bastilla files used for?

And going back a little further in the thread, are you going to create another patch to this very fine mod that fixes the little glitches like the kas_bandon.utc thing?

T7nowhere
04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Okay, so, me, being the newbie-modder that I am, my question is, what exactly are the p_bastilla files used for?

And going back a little further in the thread, are you going to create another patch to this very fine mod that fixes the little glitches like the kas_bandon.utc thing?

I hope to eventually, when I have some free time to devote to it and an inclination to do so ;) .

For now though the major fixes that need to be addressed are discussed and solved in this thread.

btw, the p_bastila.utc's only place the saber I made on her.

Glabro
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I have Wotor (with the fixes from this thread), Lactose-Intolerant´s jedi-armors as well as a couple of (harmless) .2da changes in my override.

The game freezes on me when trying to leave the Temple in the Unknown World with Bastila (or with Juhani & Jolee, for that matter). The freeze occurs during the autosave immediately after I exit the temple (turning off autosave didn´t help).

Would WOTOR have anything to do with it? I´m completely stumped, and can´t find a way to finish my game. Any help is appreciated.

T7nowhere
04-14-2007, 04:31 PM
^^^
This is the first report I've had about this occuring. You could try removing all the mods from your override and then leave the temple. Just make sure that you unequip all modded items from the npc's. Or just remove any 2DAs, then try it.

What are the harmless 2da changes, maybe they are not so harmless.

Glabro
04-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Trying to clean out the override folder causes a crash upon trying to load the save, even if I´ve unequipped everything. In the temple itself, of course, I can´t access the inventories of anyone else besides me and Bastila. I suppose I could try to remove all items from the other NPCs before I enter the temple, provided I still have a save and that would work...

We can probably rule out the jedi armors as a culprit, since I killed the only other two members using those...but maybe someone else is equipped with illegal weapons.

As for the .2da:s, besides the ones that come with the mods, I´ve edited baseitems a bit (damage values) and that´s about it.

I should also mention that I managed to warp myself to the Star Forge, but I´d really like to see what happens in between...

That would work if I got a save file (dark side, if after the scene with Bastila at the summit) somewhere close to the exiting from the temple, and I could re-install the game.

Edit: Just checked, the NPCs are equipped with : Mandalorian Heavy Pistols (Carth), HK-47´s Blaster, Selven´s Heavy Blaster (Mission) and Heavy Blasters (T3).

As far as I know, only HK-47´s (way cool) blaster is changed, or?

Shem
04-14-2007, 05:13 PM
The game freezes on me when trying to leave the Temple in the Unknown World with Bastila (or with Juhani & Jolee, for that matter). The freeze occurs during the autosave immediately after I exit the temple (turning off autosave didn´t help).

Would WOTOR have anything to do with it? I´m completely stumped, and can´t find a way to finish my game. Any help is appreciated.It doesn't sound like the problem is from this mod. Especially since the module you're trying to get to has already been loaded and unchanged since the last time you were there, except for the Rakatan that helped you get in are gone. Usually a problem like that is caused because the game is trying to load something new that wasn't there before and usually a mod is causing the corruption. If you're mod free and it's still causing trouble, you may have to uninstall your game, defrag your harddrive and reinstall it and see what happens.

Glabro
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
It doesn't sound like the problem is from this mod. Especially since the module you're trying to get to has already been loaded and unchanged since the last time you were there, except for the Rakatan that helped you get in are gone. Usually a problem like that is caused because the game is trying to load something new that wasn't there before and usually a mod is causing the corruption. If you're mod free and it's still causing trouble, you may have to uninstall your game, defrag your harddrive and reinstall it and see what happens.

My save doesn´t load with a clean override, unfortunately...

I guess I´ll re-install (save the defrag, of course, I don´t have the extra half-day or space for it right now) and see what happens.

Edit: Re-installed to a new folder. Didn´t help.
Discovered that I was able to remove WOTOR entirely and reload the game, as long as Jedi Armor files were still in the override folder.

Still, the same problem - freezes while exiting the temple (the title screen theme can be heard, and I can alt-f4 normally (with the game even providing the yes/no prompt for it).

Edit: Also remembered that I have used KSE, changing things like feats, force powers, classes (from scrd/JG to sol/JG) and the appearance (from small to large) of the PC.

Edit 2: managed to clean out my inventory and run the game unmodded - still freezes during the load. Crapola.

Edit: I suppose I´ll just have to wait and see if someone has a save file to send to me, just so I can go through the dialogues and cutscenes preceding the Star Forge. If someone is willing to e-mail them to me, {snip} PM Me is the address.

Removed email address as per forum rules, please use the PM system instead. I have also combined your triple posts. Please use the 'edit this' post feature to add content to your previous post instead of having multiple posts in a row. Thanks. -RH

TheRealDem
04-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Could you make a version of this for TSL?

Jennaida
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Should I guess that trying to use the new saber crystals in other lightsabers is, um, bad? I just tried to put a type 3 crystal into a double bladed saber and well... KotOR came crashing to the ground for it. :(

T7nowhere
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
The if you put a crystal into a a hilt and it turns into a grenade then cancle the assembly.

Single bladed saber crystals can only go into a single bladed saber, it doesn't matter what single bladed saber though. It can be modded or a game saber, but it needs to be upgradeable.

The same goes for double bladed sabers, None of the crystals can be used in short lightsaber hilts.

Jennaida
04-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Darn... :) Any way to fix that in a later version? :)

Shem
04-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Darn... :) Any way to fix that in a later version? :)No, that is how the game system for both KOTOR games are set up.

GoT_MaL(a)k?
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
erm this may sound stupid, but what are the cheat codes for the 7 lightsabre pack?

And also, for the lightsabre pack it says you have to cheat them, but in the readme it says they are in game, the jedi ones are, but when I talk to the ithorian the sith spawn with no weapons.

lactose_
05-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Sorry this is a bit belated, but does Glabro still have a problem?

My mod came with a .2da file (don't think the patcher was available when I made the mod) - I believe it was the baseitems, but that was a long time ago so I can't be sure.

In any case if Glabro installs WotOR after my mod then everything should be fine. I doubt there is any other file in conflict between the two mods. And it's strange that it happens at the Temple specifically...

RevanDude
05-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Im kinda new, I recently got this it looks great . . . but I cant figure out how to install it Ive read the readme thing, and all I have is a RAR file, I think, so I need either a little help, or a lot. As i said I'm new.

tk102
05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the forums RevanDude. :)

Since this is a .rar file, you'll first need WinRar to unpack the file. If you don't already have it you can download it from http://www.rarlabs.com. Then extract the files and run the installation .exe
(the one that looks like http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3972/image1sv9.gif).

It will put everything where it belongs. Then if you want to install the 1.02 patch to this mod, you can download it and extract the files directly into your override, allowing them to overwrite the previous versions of the files.

RevanDude
05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
thanks, ill see if this works :thmbup1:

billium
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.

Edit: Oh, I also have Bastilla clothes for female PC Mod by Rehawk. I have it modified so I can were bastilla's good and evil robes. I uninstalled all modes except WotOR and it still wouldn't let Bastilla wake up, that is why I wondered if the problem was with the wotor mod. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciatted.
Thanks,
Billium

lactose_
05-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.
Erm,you have to fight Malak twice before your party members become unstuck. Go look for him again via the only unlocked blast door - try all of them until you find it.

Shem
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone,
I am having a problem on the leviathan, I have WotOR 1.1 insalled and Good and Evil Bastilla's robes. When Malak confornts bastilla, Carth and I, He uses Stasis on Carth and Bastilla while we fight. the problem is after he runs and hides behind the blast doors Carth and Bastilla never wake up. I tried uninstalling my modes but then it won't load. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to start over and I like WotOR mod.Sounds like you're playing the game for the first time ever. What happened is normal.

billium
05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Sounds like you're playing the game for the first time ever. What happened is normal.
Sorry, I'm an idiot, It has been a couple years since I played it and I didn't remember it happening like that.
Thanks

Edit: Don't read this if you have never played the game, It will spoil a scene.

I actually found a real problem this time. I decided to play the planets in a different order this time. I went to Kashyyyk after tatooine and Manaan. The cut scene begins to play in the shadowlands starting my confrontation with darth bandon. Except bandon isn't in it, and then it gives an end program error. after lot's of messing around I found the problem. It is in the kas_bandon.utc line of WotOR 1.1 Mod. I don't know how to fix it, but if I take that one line out of override, the scene plays fine. The problem is without that utc file I don't seem to get bandon's sabers and crystals. Is there a cheat for them?
Thanks

ChAiNz.2da
05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Don't read this if you have never played the game, It will spoil a scene.

I actually found a real problem this time. I decided to play the planets in a different order this time. I went to Kashyyyk after tatooine and Manaan. The cut scene begins to play in the shadowlands starting my confrontation with darth bandon. Except bandon isn't in it, and then it gives an end program error. after lot's of messing around I found the problem. It is in the kas_bandon.utc line of WotOR 1.1 Mod. I don't know how to fix it, but if I take that one line out of override, the scene plays fine. The problem is without that utc file I don't seem to get bandon's sabers and crystals. Is there a cheat for them?
Thanks

Post #140 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252045&postcount=140) explains the problem

Post #142 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252272&postcount=142) includes a patch by T7 :)

I noticed this updates the version to 1.03, but the original post still contains the bug fixes for version 1.02. I'll fix that here shortly.

EDIT: fixed :)

Saber-Scorpion
05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
not any bad meant about the mod bur bandon doesn't attack me on kashyyk

DarkAngelPE
06-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Nice MOD..... Been testing it,

Drizzt312
06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
This needs to be made for TSL!

Love the mod! WOOT!

jedi7000nathan
06-14-2007, 09:23 PM
there is already mod like this for tsl the ultimate saber mod

Kataki123
06-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Im having a problem with Darth Bandon, and while Im not 100% sure its yoru mod causing it I thought I'd ask.

At first I was having the same problem as other with the game crashing as soon as I loaded the shadowlands and was supposed to fight Darth bandon but after downloading the update I no longer have that problem. Instead Darth Bandon wont talk to me or fight me. At first I thought this had something to do with one of the dialogue mods I am using (Freven and Dialog pack 2.0) but neither one of them modify bandon.

I have tried this both with and without my companions (thought maybe the new crew dialog was maybe causing the problem).

Also I have a file in my C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR called "AR_ERROR.LOG". I was hoping it would give me some info about Darth Bandon but it says "Names Differ: w_HvyBlstr_200 w_hvyblstr_201" so I figure that also has something to do with your mod, but I dont know what and I haven't notice any problems in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Here is a list of the mods Im using
Project Bastilia
Freven untold love story
dialog pack 2.0 (with the Exar Kun dialog fix)
wotor 1.1 with updates
mandalorian armor (lets you buy the real mandalorian armor and give cand he own armor)
Redhawk's Mission Jedi mod
Exar Kun mod (The one that allows you to go to Yavin IV and is pretty well done)
Light Saber forms mod.
Red Hawk's Construction bench mod.

EDIT2:
I am certain it is somethign to do with WOTOR. After looking through each of my mods I found that WoToR is the only mod that I have that installs the file "kas_bandon.utc", which is the file that is causing the problems. I have tried removing each of the files that modify bandon (well have references to ban or bandon in thier file name :P ) one by one until bandon reacted to me in game. After removing Kas_Bandon.utc my game works again.

Am I the only one thats had this problem?

Master Michael
06-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Check post #189 of this thread. It's on page 5. It is about that file.

Kataki123
06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I saw that, but I thought that was fixed by the 1.02 to 1.03 patch.

Titanius Anglesmith
06-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem. I was able to download this just fine, but when I run the installer, I pick to install the files into the Override folder, but it gives me this message -

"An error occurred! Invalid game folder specified, dialog.tlk file not found! Make sure you have selected the correct folder. (GEN-7)"

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to anything other than "extract these files into the Override/Module directory", so some things take more explaining for me.

RedHawke
06-19-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem. I was able to download this just fine, but when I run the installer, I pick to install the files into the Override folder, but it gives me this message -
Because you don't install to the override folder... you install to the game folder itself.

Yet another time someone is likely guilty of not reading the readme file (If T7 didn't put those instructions in his readme then I apologise.) ;)

Titanius Anglesmith
06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Because you don't install to the override folder... you install to the game folder itself.

Yet another time someone is likely guilty of not reading the readme file (If T7 didn't put those instructions in his readme then I apologise.) ;)
Oh crap. Yes, he did put in those instructions. The thing is, I actually did read the Readme, but I somehow missed that part. :lol:

Thanks anyway! It installed just fine. Now it's time to go make sure everything is working ok. :D

Ahabed
06-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Hey, fantastic mod so far - just installed it today! Is Carth supposed to start off with only one of his personal guns? If he is, what is the code to get another one in game, please?

T7nowhere
06-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, Carth is supposed to start with only one blaster, the reason for this is because thats all he's supposed to have. He really doesn't need two of them as you will find serveral other blasters for him to use on Taris.

But if you really need for him to have two of the same blaster you can use the cheat

giveitem g_w_blstrpstl010

Ahabed
06-30-2007, 08:45 PM
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so forgive me if it's an obvious solution:
I'm not able to loot Calo Nord's remains when trying to steal the Ebon Hawk; he's covered by the ceiling ruins from the Sith's bombardment - is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance

L0rdReV@n88
06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
you can get him later when he attacks you on another planet
(is this your first time playing through the game?)

uzibear
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, so forgive me if it's an obvious solution:
I'm not able to loot Calo Nord's remains when trying to steal the Ebon Hawk; he's covered by the ceiling ruins from the Sith's bombardment - is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance

YES THAT'S NORMAL, don't read the spoiler above

Edit: btw: the best part of this mod is that you didn't overpower items; there are so many great mods that i choose not to use because they make the game easier; there are still some overpowered items though, and thus i reluctantly sell them off, like jolie's lightsaber.........it's a shame, can you just make things standard damage values? or even a little less than normal? i play through on difficult with the talchia hardcore mod, and no other mods that make things easier, just this one, a few sound mods etc.

peace

GRIPE: why do modders insist on making things easier!!!! harummmph

L0rdReV@n88
07-02-2007, 02:18 AM
i may have found a glitch during a darkside run through kasyyyhk i found the baccas blade and let zalbaars father go up and confront chuunder but i then sided with chuunder and had to loot freyyr and i find the original baccas blade not the new model. and then later it unexpectedly quits after carth leaves on the unknown planet but that might be another mod conflict.
edit: i seemed to have solved it

Master Kai
07-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Finally, Carlo's blasters!, AWESOME!

DarthJacen
08-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I would like to know if you are planning on making a similar mod for the sequel TSL? I am very tired of the generic rifles and pistols that Obsidian just imported from the original game. I loved the way you reskinned the generic pistol, rifle, and heavy repeater in the original game. I keep trying to see if I can find those particular files and import them to TSL, but that has not been easy. Would you please help me in my dilemma? Thank you.

T7nowhere
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I am not planing on making a similar mod for TSL. You may port the models over for your own enjoyment, I know of a few members that have notified me they had done this.

If you would like to learn how to do decompile the models and port them from one game to the other. You can use this resources to help you to accomplish the task.

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/Tutorials#Modelling

mcdaniel
09-17-2007, 01:07 PM
At Kashyyyk the game freeze. I had to remove the kas and kor_bandon.utc to get the game to continue..
At the Star Forge System, take-off to Star Forge, the screen turn black, nothing happend.
When remove p_bastila002.utc, the game worked..
Just a tip..

McDaniel

Shem
09-17-2007, 01:11 PM
At Kashyyyk the game freeze. I had to remove the kas and kor_bandon.utc to get the game to continue..
At the Star Forge System, take-off to Star Forge, the screen turn black, nothing happend.
When remove p_bastila002.utc, the game worked..
Just a tip..

McDanielThese issues have already been addressed and resolved. If you had took the time to read the posts in this thread or the review I wrote on this mod on FileFront, you would have downloaded the patches and removed the p_bastila001.utc, and p_bastila002.utc files before it caused your a problem. Just a tip. ;)

RoyalBlue
09-17-2007, 04:18 PM
While we're at it, when I go to kashyyyk to fight bandon, he won't attack me, and if I go over to him and click, nothing happens.

Shem
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
While we're at it, when I go to kashyyyk to fight bandon, he won't attack me, and if I go over to him and click, nothing happens.That's because the tag is set wrong on the Kashyyyk Bandon UTC file. It set for Korriban instead of Kashyyyk. It's a simple change you can make with the KOTOR Tool.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5783/untitled1copyok3.jpg

It needs to look like this.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1736/untitled2copyoe3.jpg

Mono_Giganto
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty late to this party by many months... but cool to see you released it. I almost forgot about that model, to be completely honest. :xp:

kingoftheabyss
10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi, I changed the kas_Bandon file to kas_bandon in the tag like Shem showed, yet he still does not do anything. I have both patches for this mod installed. The only thing i can think of is that I accidently saved over my save of right before i go down to the shadowlands for the first time.....So, I have a autosave of the second time i went down and a save of me standing near Bandon...Is it at all possible now to be able to fight him. And if not, can I still continue on with the game correctly?

T7nowhere
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
You will need to use a save game from before entering the shadowlands for the first time.

kingoftheabyss
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Unfortunatly I don't have one. Hmm, well i'm just hoping i'll be able to continue on with the game without fighting him. Is it at all possible to switch him from appearing in Kashyyk to Manaan?

well, I suppose I've learned my lesson to save more often on different files.

Zgred_2
10-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey, can I ask a quick question? What is the skin you used for Juhani in the screenshot on FileFront? It looks really great.

T7nowhere
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
^ I don't know. Ask Shem I think it was his own reskin.

Lopaka79
10-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I got bug. Its happens when I leave the Unknown planet to head towards the starforge. I guess theres a file thats making something else happen. It loads in blank screen untill i guess where my powers are and activate one. It then shows partial ebonhawk with DS bastila, Carth, and a holo of master vendar(the yoda guy). I dont have anyother mods exept this one + patches.

I dont speak much computer execpt "wheres my hammer?!!" so any help drawn in crayola would be awesome. Thanx in advance

EDIT: I also can't go any further with the game

Shem
10-31-2007, 05:32 PM
I got bug. Its happens when I leave the Unknown planet to head towards the starforge. I guess theres a file thats making something else happen. It loads in blank screen untill i guess where my powers are and activate one. It then shows partial ebonhawk with DS bastila, Carth, and a holo of master vendar(the yoda guy). I dont have anyother mods exept this one + patches.

I dont speak much computer execpt "wheres my hammer?!!" so any help drawn in crayola would be awesome. Thanx in advance

EDIT: I also can't go any further with the gameDid you remove the p_bastilla001.utc and the p_bastilla002.utc files? I wrote a note to do that in the review.

Lopaka79
10-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Did you remove the p_bastilla001.utc and the p_bastilla002.utc files? I wrote a note to do that in the review.

No I haven't. I just read up on a couple replies towards the Bastilla bug and that sith lord bug(i forget his name) thought that the patches fixed them. Hope it works out though. Thanx much for the help