PDA

View Full Version : So what did you get this Christmas?

Arreat
12-25-2006, 04:16 PM
So far $120, and clothes.

Just what I wanted.

IG-64
12-25-2006, 04:23 PM
So far I've gotten $40, candy, and Wii classic controller. I haven't opened all of my presents yet. I love Christmas. :D

Pho3nix
12-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Well, an iPod Nano 4GB, A new jacket, a Nikon Camera (which was a total surprise) and the Firefly-season 1 DVD. And various other "small" stuff like t-shirts etc. :)

All and all great gifts, nothing useless or embarrassing.

Acrylic
12-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Two weeks ago, my mom got me a sweet hat as an early xmas present.

from my gf, i got stuff like a bracelt, necklace, and tshirt from the cruise she was on.

and from my sisters, i got the hollister "jake" cologne (best cologne ever), and $60.

i would've rather no one have gotten me anything, cuz as weird as it sounds for someone under 18 to say this, all i really care for is if they're there for me and love me. i dont need material things from them. (though, i must admit, getting things is sweet :) )

Jeff
12-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Let's see... I've gotten Pirates 2, Superman, and Seinfeld season 7 DVDs, NeverWinter Nights 2, 512mb ram for my computer (putting me up to a gig), some clothes, and we all got new phones.

Anthony
12-25-2006, 05:23 PM
New cellphone, and about 550 bucks total. :)

TiE23
12-25-2006, 05:34 PM
For me:

Just shy of $500 (USD) in cash, checks, and gift cards from relatives, $150 from parents for money they owed (early Cmas present I paid for)
Viva Pinata : P
Rainbow Six Vegas
An awesome Fedora (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28hat%29) (I'll post a pic later)
Bath Robe and 'jammas
Some clothes that are actually pretty decent.

Noteworthy stuff that didn't go to me:

Brother: Zen Vision: M 30gb (One I have)
Sister: Zen Vision: V Plus 4gb
Mom and Dad: Zen Vision: V 2gb (2)
"The Kids": Luke and Darth Vader Light Saber dueling set, total coolness : P

Family:

A new AGP/PCI-E Motherboard and AMD 64 3700+ 2.2ghz San Diego CPU.... my gaming computer's mobo 'sploded... Only ordered. (This really sucks)
Talladega Nights
Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Gave:

To Brother: Soul Calibur III
To Sister: Case for Zen Vision: V

Monkey Mania
12-25-2006, 06:22 PM
50 inch Plasma HDTV
Xbox360
Surround Sound System

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-25-2006, 06:48 PM
$520 cash, 2 $50 Amex gift cards, $50 Best Buy gift card, clothes, DVDs, black 30 GB iPod, and a Wii that has yet to be delivered.

Alegis
12-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Quite some treasure you got there, jmac

-Some small set of earphones
-Little Britain Season 1
-Dilbert: Thriving on vague objectives
-George Orwell: The Complete Novels (Animal Farm, 1984 and 4 others)
-Tokyo Story
-211 things a bright boy can do (redundant!)

Lorden Darkblade
12-25-2006, 07:21 PM
lol...
I got one T-Shirt, 200 on my currency and thats it. lol....
Some people really got nice gifts though.

Mike Windu
12-25-2006, 09:20 PM
210 dollars
U.S. Polo sweater (trading it in, I'd never wear it)
U.S. Polo Polo (something I'd wear)

with my 210 I've decided to skip the Wii for now and get a digital camera, guitar hero, and Pirates 2.

Darklighter
12-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I got a couple of DVDs, a bass guitar and amp, and a Wii, plus Red Steel, Zelda, and an extra remote (all Wii stuff was shared between my siblings).

Been playing on Wii Sports all day, it's a frickin' large amount of fun. Red Steel is pretty good, will take a bit of time getting used to. Saved the best til last, waited to get some alone time to experience Zelda, and guess what...the disc was all chipped and scratched, and won't run. Now we'll have to wait for ages for Zelda to be restocked to get a replacement. Yep, sucks a huge amount.

Wii Tennis is cool though.

milo
12-26-2006, 12:29 AM
A guitar, some dvds, clothes, a crapload of chocolate, and a couple of gift cards to Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, and some other stores I can't remember.

I'm gonna have to buy all the crap I didn't get T.T oh well.

Kjølen
12-26-2006, 12:31 AM
NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR!
:D

Actually, I got a kick ass Olympus FE-190 Digital Camera.
Pirates 2 DVD and soundtrack, Superman Returns DVD, a couple Samurai 7 DVDs, gas card, Target card, Best Buy card, clothes, tire air-pump, a few assorted other things I can't remember, and of course, a lot of junk food.

Curt-Man
12-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Dark Blue Jeans
A Superman T-shirt
A black zip up hoodie
Star Wars: A New Hope Soundtrack
Pirates 2 Soundtrack
Stain resistant long sleeve shirt
The Sandlot on DvD
2 Warcraft books
Leather gloves
Belt
Box of Count Chocula

and I found my Zippo I got for chirstmas last year :)

Rogue15
12-26-2006, 01:25 AM
i got a nintendo ds, final fantasy III, and a bow, as well as bourne identity, bourne supremacy, and the 'over there' series.

MrWally
12-26-2006, 01:37 AM
Candy ^_^
New pair of gaming headphones
250 gig Seagate HD
Book: "Through Painted Deserts"
DvDs: "Unbreakable" "Lady in the Water" "The Truman Show" and "Edward Scissorhands"
Lost Season 2
And a Best Buy gift card and 20 bucks from my brother in law =]

narfblat
12-26-2006, 01:47 AM
Darwin Awards IV hardcover, page-a-day sudoku clendar, clock radio, $25 Best Buy gift card, Bat-symbol T-shirt, 2 "The Simpsons" photomosaic* puzzles, lots of goodies, and $30 cash(was supposed to only get $20, and they didn't want the extra $10 back, so i'll buy something that will be shared among my siblings).

The family got "The Simpsons" season 9, several other DVD's, the complete "Calvin and Hobbes" collection, , and a Foosball table.

*photomosaic is a technique for making a large image from tons of smaller images. In this case, the small images are scenes from the show.(I got one of just homer, one of the family + pets on the couch.)

Commander Obi-Wan
12-26-2006, 02:27 AM
I received:

80 GB iPod Video (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2856/b000ephr0c01aa280sclzzzqp9.jpg)
$40 in iTunes gift cards
underwear and socks
some nice t-shirts
aftershave
$30 gift card to Future Shop
some school supplies
$100
Box of Turtles

ET Warrior
12-26-2006, 04:15 AM
"Unbreakable" "Lady in the Water" "The Truman Show" I just recently bought all three of these movies for myself ^_^

I got...

Gears of War
Coffee Maker
Standing Mixer
Ice Cream Maker
Awesome Knife + Knife Block
Twilight Princess Collectors Edition Strategy Guide
Beanie+Gloves+Scarf. (These'll be handy, what with the blizzard we just had)

TiE23
12-26-2006, 04:26 AM
I just recently bought all three of these movies for myself ^_^

I got...

Gears of War

Com'on Eets, what's your handle? I wanna badger you. : P

ET Warrior
12-26-2006, 04:37 AM
I'm sure my Gamertag has been posted a few times around these parts, and I know it's always a surprise when everyone finds out that it is "ET Warrior" :xp:

jon_hill987
12-26-2006, 05:29 AM
The chance to be with my family

TiE23
12-26-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm sure my Gamertag has been posted a few times around these parts
Really?

*Goes into seclusion for 4 million years meditating on your XBL name*

"FrankieDoesAtlanta"?

and I know it's always a surprise when everyone finds out that it is "ET Warrior" :xp:

*Commits suicide*

Rabish Bini
12-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Lets see:
-2GB iPod nano
-Quite alot of clothes
-Soccer ball
-$50

Darth Groovy
12-26-2006, 07:33 AM
I got the Wii, extra controllers/nunchucks and 4 games:

Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Also got some DVDs:

Ju-On
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Uncle Buck
I, Robot
Superman Returns

And all of this year's Star Wars Hallmark ornaments for my Star Wars Tree.

Datheus
12-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Actually, my mother got the most interesting present of all this year.

On Christmas Eve, around 10pm, the doorbell rang. By the time my brother got around to answering it (only a minute or two later), he saw the tail lights of a car at the end of the street and a pile of presents to my mother on the stoop. They were addressed from all of my mother's children (though none of us had anything to do with it) and even one from our dog.

Oddly enough, whoever did this knew my mother's shoe size. She got a pair of slippers in her size...

IG-64
12-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, I've opened all of my presents now, here's a full list:

For camera:
Tripod
512 SD card
4-Pack of NiMH batteries

For Wii:
Classic Controller
Component cables (from nintendo's website, will ship when they get some in stock)
Elebits

Candy:
10-Pack of Snickers
Bag of Sour Patch Kids
Cadbury Milk Chocolate bar
Candy Cane

Money:
$40

Misc: Little Hallmark statue of a dachshund

I got everything I wanted. :D

Actually, my mother got the most interesting present of all this year.

On Christmas Eve, around 10pm, the doorbell rang. By the time my brother got around to answering it (only a minute or two later), he saw the tail lights of a car at the end of the street and a pile of presents to my mother on the stoop. They were addressed from all of my mother's children (though none of us had anything to do with it) and even one from our dog.

Oddly enough, whoever did this knew my mother's shoe size. She got a pair of slippers in her size...
So... You're saying Santa does exist?

Datheus
12-26-2006, 10:11 AM
So... You're saying Santa does exist?
Apparently.

Hey, how is Elebits? It looked interesting, but I wasn't convinced. I want to rent it, but Blockbuster doesn't carry it.

IG-64
12-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Apparently.

Hey, how is Elebits? It looked interesting, but I wasn't convinced. I want to rent it, but Blockbuster doesn't carry it.
I haven't played it yet. I'm gonna play it later today and I'll post how it is.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot this: My sister got me a really nice Fossil leather wallet.

Pie™
12-26-2006, 10:39 AM
I got a 300 GB external HD, some DVDs, and around 150$ of gift certificates and stuff to trade for at the local record shop.

Mike Windu
12-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I got a stuffed bulldog and KNEX set to add to my collection. :p

RoxStar
12-26-2006, 11:37 AM
You rich mother****ers :p

http://www.veredanet.com/tienda/images/X_530.jpg
^ sweet
http://www.barackobama.com/images/hopecover.220.jpg
^damn good
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00029P93M.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://www.avrev.com/gifs/dvdreviews/the_matrix_reloaded.gif
http://matrix.ugo.com/images/galleries/matrix_revolutions_filmtv/matrix_revolutions_14.jpg
^ Never actually played/seen those before. *shock*
And some gift cards and stuff

MTV2
12-26-2006, 01:02 PM
an 80GB iPod movie, 4GB memory stick for my PSP and 2 Toblerone bars. i might get something else since were not at home and couldn't bring everything, but im really not expecting anything. i'm quite satisfied with what i got. it was weird though, we opened all our presents at 17:00 on Christmas Eve, which seems to be tradition or something. but for some reason, i didn't really like it, im used to waking up early getting a cup of coffee or hot chocolate then sitting down and opening our presents. sortof ruined the whole "vibe" or something (can't think of the word).

anyways, Merry Christmas.

edlib
12-26-2006, 02:01 PM
I know I've already posted this somewhere... Yoink! (Cut-and-pasted from here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2234720#post2234720))

Scored a few interesting items this year. (Even though I don't personally celebrate Christmas, I still go to the family get-together every year, and a few family members still feel obligated to give me things, despite all my protests. Plus, I always participate in the family Yankee-Gift-Swap game we do.)

First: Big score of the day (my swap prize... well, not really. It's what I was really after, but I got bid out at the end. My my mom traded her prize for it for me after the fact.) A SanDisk 2-GB USB2 mini flash drive. Killer!

Second: (My actual swap prize) A Stanley 500W halogen work lamp. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet... but cleaning out the attic crawl spaces seems a good option. Then perhaps I'll bring it to work.

Also: A giant coffee cup. I already have a couple of these, but since they tend to break far more often than I'd like, it never hurts to have a spare. Plus, a box of Hershey's Kisses, and a $15 Dunkin' Donuts gift card.

Something else:
(Not really a gift... but I found it the other day):

I found a website the other day that has all the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio shows available for download as mp3s. I'm not at all sure of the exact legality of this, but I've never heard all the original shows, or any of them in consecutive order. It's frikken' great!

Seph
12-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Rubiks cube
Pin Stripe shirt
Old Navy Pull over
Ireland Shirt/hat Combo
Accoustic guitar
Resevour Dogs
Tombstone
Tenacious D - Pick of destiny collectors edition
Poker Set
Deck shuffler
Pirates of the Carribean 2
A Scanner Darkly

IG-64
12-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Elebits is fun so far. Kinda had to take a break from it because it can get pretty stressful, especially if you already have a headache. :p
My only complaint so far is the time limit. The levels have a lot of depth, but you can't explore any of it because of a time limit that seems to only be enough time to find enough elebits to get to the next level. I think that'll get better once I get better and more relaxed with the game. The use of Wii remote and physics is really cool. There's a multiplayer mode I wanna try too, but I haven't got an extra controller, so I need to go down with my Christmas money and get one. There's also a level editor that works over the internet I haven't tried yet.

Oh, and, worse voice acting ever. Seriously, it sounds like story time at the mental hospital.

[EDIT] There's several per-level unlocks. One being a no-time-limit unlock. I've gotten it for one level so far.

BongoBob
12-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Grooves, Darky, and whoever else got a Wii, can you get it online? If you can put your friend codes inthe friend code thread :)

EDIT: My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, but I did get two hoodies the day before, and some Orbit Wintermint, and I hope to get the DS Wi-Fi adapter once I get back in town :)

TiE23
12-26-2006, 04:25 PM
A package arrived in the mail just a few minutes ago. It was two Airhog toy indoor helicopters. They say 10 years and up but I think a 16 and 18 yearold will have fun. : P

But there is a 2 hour battery charge on it, so bummer.

Seph
12-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I just got a letter that I'm counting as a present because I was looking forward to it

I just got a letter regarding the marines saying they have interest in me, and I should keep training until October(my birthday) And I should come in regarding my joining. all I can say is wow, now I'm really motivated. It's been a dream of mine to join the marines.

IG-64
12-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I just got a letter that I'm counting as a present because I was looking forward to it

I just got a letter regarding the marines saying they have interest in me, and I should keep training until October(my birthday) And I should come in regarding my joining. all I can say is wow, now I'm really motivated. It's been a dream of mine to join the marines.
Wow, go you! :thumbsup:

You're braver than me. :p

And healthier than me.

I would never be accepted due to exercise-induced asthma.

ZBomber
12-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Wii
445 dollars (175 of which I spent before Christmas on Zelda, CDs, and presents for people)
$35 gift card for Red Robins (Restaurant)
$25 gift card for movies
$20 gift card for McDonalds (I go there a lot... too much actually =|)
Candy
18 inch talking Freddie Mercury action figure
Rough Guide to Pink Floyd book
Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme CD
Simon and Garfunkel - Bookends CD
Queen - The Miracle CD
Queen - The Game CD
AC/DC - Ballbreaker CD
Wii 2000 points card

What I bought with my money:
Twilight Princess
Billy Joel - Songs In The Attic CD
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man CD
Rush - 2112 CD
Elton John - Caribou CD
Led Zeppelin - Coda CD
The Beatles - Past Masters Volume II CD

And my parents made this for me... they bought a microphone + stand, and bought scarves and put them on the mic to look just like Steven Tyler's!
http://www.orlandofloridaguide.com/jacksonville/concerts/Aerosmith%20-%20Steven%20Tyler%200262.jpg
Mine:
http://www.thelastchild.net/zbomber/tylerxmas.jpg

DarthAve
12-26-2006, 06:12 PM
-Stand by Me Deluxe Version DVD with soundtrack.
-More cash
-Tony Hawk's Project 8
-Halo: Combat Evolved
-Lego Star wars 2: Original Trilogy
-Pocketbike Racer
-Gwen Stafini CD
-Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. Soundtrack and DVD
-Some weird pez like things.
-$50 Macy's Card
-$15 iTunes Card
-Burberry Brit perfume
-Japanese Cherry Blossem body splash, shower gel, and lotion from Bath & Body works
-Shout About DVD's (Music 1 and Movies 4)
-Queen Live at Wembley Stadium DVD
-Pinwheels things with chocolate cream inside
-5 boxes of Pocky. xDDDDD (from myself)

More to come too. I'm goin to DC this weekend

The More to come part...
-A Virgin Mobile OYSTR cell phone with a $20 Top-off card
-A $10 gift card to Wal-Mart
-An outfit I'll never wear + some peppermint lotion.
-$50 from grandma.

Rogue15
12-27-2006, 01:33 AM

cool, go kick some ass! :rifle1:

MrWally
12-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Wow, we have some Queen fans here.

^_^

topshot
12-31-2006, 06:23 PM
From my family:

-Superman pajama set/ Superman Returns DVD
-"The Transformers: The Movie" 20th Anniversary DVD
-The Legend of Zelda Master Sword/ Hylian Shield/ TP soundtrack collection
-FullMetal Alchemist vol. 13 DVD
-and a character print shirt of Mario

From my best friend:
-A character print shirt of Classic Donkey Kong

From that fiend Claus:
-EGM Magazine
-A Scanner Darkly (which I gave to Seph because I just don't like it.)

All-in-all, I think I pretty much hit the jackpot! :cool:

Kurgan
01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
a sword

MrWally
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
What kind?

RoxStar
01-03-2007, 09:35 PM
A pointy one.

Daft Adidas
01-04-2007, 12:56 PM
lol! I got COD3, army men rts and LSW2 all for PS2 and a big gun this model builder thing and some goaly gloves plus one hundred quid, well almost!

Crow_Nest
01-05-2007, 06:28 AM
ESPRIT Towel Set
Chocolates made in france and belgium
Billabong T-Shirt
$85 (Which was used to buy COD3 :D)

Daft Adidas
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Quote/I got a stuffed bulldog and KNEX set to add to my collection. /Quote

Wow i'm not the only 1 who has knex!

rozo100
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
45$
sonic heroes (GC)
3 flashlights!(YAY!)
mario kart: double dash!!(GC)
Diablo 2 (happy happy joy joy!! and im not old enough to play it! my mom lets me though.)
lots of movies
1 magic the gathering card.
aaaaaand i think thats it...

Daft Adidas
01-05-2007, 03:51 PM
what is Diablo 2???

MrWally
01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
>:O

You did NOT just say that.

BongoBob
01-05-2007, 05:35 PM
>:O

You did NOT just say that.

What he said.

milo
01-05-2007, 06:51 PM
what is Diablo 2???
zomg u did not just post that u did not

What is this world coming to?

BongoBob
01-05-2007, 11:57 PM
zomg u did not just post that u did not

What is this world coming to?

Fail on the level of Gaia.

MrWally
01-06-2007, 12:18 AM
45$
sonic heroes (GC)
3 flashlights!(YAY!)
mario kart: double dash!!(GC)
Diablo 2 (happy happy joy joy!! and im not old enough to play it! my mom lets me though.)
lots of movies
1 magic the gathering card.
aaaaaand i think thats it...

Wait wait wait... screw diablo 2... you got THREE Flashlights?!?

O_o

Daft Adidas
01-06-2007, 08:20 AM
no honestly what is Diablo?????? Cool flashlights how interesting!

Pie™
01-06-2007, 10:05 AM
what is Diablo 2???

The sequel to Diablo (http://blizzard.com/diablo/)? :joy:

Daft Adidas
01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
very funny Pie nice 1

MrWally
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
...he was being perfectly serious...

I'd click the link.

Mercid
01-06-2007, 09:03 PM
I like blizzard, but they're spending entirely to much time on this World of Warcraft thing. I might have let them get away with that but they dropped Starcraft ghost, and there is no redemption for that!
Dont get me wrong, warcraft is an ok game I'm just saying its about bloody time they made a sequel to a NONE warcraft game...

MrWally
01-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Well... I think I'd be quite happy to see a WarCraft 4 personally.

But StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 would suffice for now :)