PDA

View Full Version : Old player, having trouble

-MonK-
12-31-2006, 09:33 PM
i played this game when it first came out and just found the CD again but im havin trouble. When i try to run the multiplayer exe it gets down in the black box to about "Detecting CPU" then comes up with windows task manager error thing saying it discovered a problem and needs to close. Ive reinstalled like 3 times and i have no idea whats wrong with it lol anyone smart enough to help me? Please Post here, PM me or get me on AIM. My SN is MeStudd. Thanks guys!

-BLaCKouT-
01-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Try installing the patch, mate.
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_104;3825
It changes the structure of the .exe file and may well avoid that Windows error.

Hope that helps :)
B.

-MonK-
01-01-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah i realized that last night when i was in bed, im an idiot lmao. Thanks man

-BLaCKouT-
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Did it work then or have you still to give it a go? Let us know when you try it, we get that kind of problem fairly regularly round here and I can only hope my advice is right :p It worked for me once, but y'know...

:) B.

jordox
01-09-2007, 06:16 PM
oh my god it's monk! Dude! I played Academy with you yeras ago! you always played with a headless guy. Wow... small world

LIONS*LEADER
10-29-2007, 08:56 PM
#1: Go to your jk2mp.exe

#2: Right click it and then click "properties" at the bottom

#3: Click the "Compatibility" tab

#4 Check the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 98 from the dropdown box.

#5: Click "Apply" and "Ok" and then try running JK2MP again and see if it works.