PDA

View Full Version : WTF of the year (so far)

jon_hill987
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
link (http://www.destructoid.com/idiot-wow-player-suing-moron-who-took-his-character-wahmbulance-dispatched-28980.phtml)

I always thought people that played WoW were nuts, now I know they are.

Taos
01-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Honestly not too surprising. As a former player of swg, I have seen how people react to things concerning their characters. It's really a product of mmo's, as the guy said, he put 100's of days playing that character and probably thousands of hours. To me, this was something that was only a matter of time.

That being said, I agree..the guy is nuts.

Jeff
01-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I think he's an idiot for falling for a phishing scam, but as a WoW player myself, I would be pretty pissed to find a character of that level gone. Don't think I would go to those heights to get back at the guy that did it though.

TK-8252
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
This guy didn't even know what "phishing" is eh? Well, sucks to be him. At least he busted a mother****in' scammer though.

MrWally
01-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, apparently money "Wasn't an issue" for him...

BongoBob
01-02-2007, 05:14 AM
This almost beats the thread with the post about the guy that tried to get someones steam account, and ended up getting his information stolen instead.

Almost.

I hope he does bust the phisher though.

Jeff
01-02-2007, 10:05 AM
This almost beats the thread with the post about the guy that tried to get someones steam account, and ended up getting his information stolen instead.

Almost.

I hope he does bust the phisher though.olol

Nothing beats that thread.

rozo100
01-02-2007, 02:45 PM
whats phishing? anyways.... WTF?!?!

TK-8252
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM

It's setting up fake websites designed to look exactly like a legitimate one. For example, a site where you would have to enter sensitive information - credit card, bank account, social security, etc. A victim is then lead to the fake site through something like an e-mail or something.

Hope that explains it.

jebbers
01-02-2007, 03:54 PM

just like how it sounds. its when you get an e-mail, Instant Message, or message in any inbox asking about your credit card numbers or personal information. it happens alot on myspace. (i.e- the stupid bulletins) but if your foolish enough to give some stranger 10,000+ miles away your personal information, then you deserve whats coming!

narfblat
01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
It's not like someone just sent them a message that said, "Please give me your account information so I can steal from you." These things are made to look very real, and fool many people.

Oh, by the way, could someone please give me your credit card number so I can steal from you? :p

MTV2
01-05-2007, 12:53 PM
atleast he found the guy. man, 286 days. thats a ****load of time wasted.

Dagobahn Eagle
01-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Sucks to be him, and I have to feel a wee bit sorry for the guy, but come on. The WoW part is simply ridiculous.

I am a man who is not concerned with money (which is why I play World of Warcraft all day), so I found an Investigative Research firm to locate the one who sent me this e-mail! One of the best in the Eastern United States. Sure, it seems a little far fetched over a computer game. But, it’s a computer game that I invested 286 days of my life in to. So, it is just the principal of the thing.:rofl:

So in other words, he's never had a game for more than 286 days? I've had Silent Hunter III, for one, for far more than that now.

Agen
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Sucks to be him, and I have to feel a wee bit sorry for the guy, but come on. The WoW part is simply ridiculous.

:rofl:

So in other words, he's never had a game for more than 286 days? I've had Silent Hunter III, for one, for far more than that now.

I'm pretty sure he means he's spent 6864 hours in-game, playing, not played the game over 286 days. Just think how much of his life he spent playing WoW. :-|

MrWally
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I thought my friend with 28 full days of WoW was insane...

The Seeker
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I thought my friend with 28 full days of WoW was insane...

Well don't change your standing. He is insane. Just to a lesser extent than this other dude. :D

MrWally
01-09-2007, 09:08 PM
He told me that back when he was a senior in college, he would literally have full weekend 55 hour or so LAN parties including about 8 hours of sleep (at the most) between Friday afternoon and Monday morning.

THAT is insane.

Oh, and that 28 days is only on one character as well.

unlife
01-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Yep MMOrpgs are insane allright. It takes lives away from gamers and turns them into addicts. Dont get sucked into an mmo