PDA

View Full Version : [OOC]Obake Blade

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Note: FANTASY RP

But…Grandfather…” the child murmured, “Why is there night? If the gods gave us the sun to light the world and to allow us to survive, why do they have to take it away and leave the dark behind?”

The old man chuckled, tucking away the scroll he had been writing in and turning to his young grandson that sat in his lap. “It happens, Kyo, not because of the gods, but because of their enemies.”

“The gods have enemies?”

“Indeed, very terrible enemies.”

“What kinds?”

“All sorts, curious one.” Grandfather answered, “Demons, monsters, but the most dangerous of all are ones that are the most like them. Spirits. Ghosts.”

“Ghosts are bad? But we pray to the spirits of our ancestors…”

“Ah, but these ghosts are not the ancestors of human beings like us. They are the forms of powerful demons that have left the realm of the living, but have escaped the power of the gods and taken form on the Earth again.”

“They’re the ones that made the sky dark?”

“Yes, they are. There was a time, long ago, when the sky was always dark…” Grandfather pulled out a very thick scroll that had been resting alongside the one he had put away previously. It took him only moments to find the section he wanted.

“The ghosts and demons ran free across our land…” he said, pointing to an inked picture or shadowy monsters with glowing eyes that had been inscribed on the aged papyrus, “Across all the Earth. Their dark powers forced the sun from the sky and made the sky dark, even during the high part of noon.”

“They could do that??”

“I’m afraid so.”

“But then…then the gods came down and beat them up, didn’t they!” the child said, triumphant in his guess. “That’s why the sun’s back!”

Grandfather smiled. “Something like that…” he said, finding a new place in the scroll. Now there was an illustration of a warrior, garbed in priestess robes and sparkling white armor, a fierce-looking blade in her hand filled the papyrus scroll, dark shapes like wraiths ringing her figure.

“The gods could not descend from the Heavens.” Grandfather explained, “They feared that, if they were to visit Earth, they might be consumed by demon spirits and become evil. So, they sent us someone who was immune to such effects. A human. A woman. A priestess.”

The old man’s eyes became soft, now, as he looked upon the picture. “Her name was Obakenare, and she was a miko of unprecedented power. The legend is unclear of how the event happened, but not long after the shrine she was assigned to was destroyed by demons, the gods sent her a blessed sword. The blade was made of the purest silver, its edges rumored to be inscathable and infinitely sharp. She named it the Obake Blade.

“With the sword at her side, Obakenare was able to lead a campaign against the monsters, the first to ever be successful. She purified much of the land within months, forcing the demons and ghosts ever backward.

“Eventually, the priestess found that she was unable to continue her fight – there was no where left for the devils to run, and they had banded to make a last stand against her. She knew time was waning, and her health was failing. And so, as a last effort, she locked the monsters away in another realm, called Kuro.”

Grandfather looked very seriously at his grandson, turning the child around so he could look him full in the eye.

“Understand this, Kyo,” he addressed him, “The spell that guards the gates to the Kuro Realm must always remain intact. If the gates were to open, the ghosts and demons would return to Earth, and the sun will again disappear. That cannot be allowed to happen.”

“Yes, Grandfather.” the child said, nodding. His young eyes were glossed over in wonderment at his grandfather’s story.

A human that could fight what the gods could not…

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Two decades have passed since that fateful day. My grandfather was killed only two years after he told me that story. Who the murderers were or their intentions and motives still remain a mystery to me, but I have sworn since that day that I would find the perpetrators and exact my revenge. And ever since then, the same warning has played again and again in my mind.

The spell that guards the gates to the Kuro Realm must always remain intact.

There are rumors, now, that just such a thing is coming to pass. The great, black iron gates that stand at the very edge of the Earth still remain closed, its locks rusted over from the hundreds of years that have passed since they were erected. But a darkness; an almost tangible evil has begun to seep from the gates. Lands near the gates have gone permanently black, the life that once thrived on its soil either dead or dying. It is believed that only the power of the Obake Blade could renew the spell and seal the doors for another millennia.

However, the exact location of the Obake Blade is unknown.

I have reason to believe that my grandfather knew of the sword’s resting place, but whatever he knew either died with him or was burned in the fire his killers lit. I have but one piece of information: a scrap of the scroll that he had shown me so long ago.

Even the scrap gives me very little to go on. It depicts a blade – what I can only guess to be the sacred sword – resting among tongues of fire. There is script that lines the sides, but it is a language unknown to me. I have taken it to several historians and professionals, and each have given me the same, unsure answer. It is rumored that there is a great soothsayer in a distant city that can translate the mysterious writing. She will be my next stop.

The city is called Ryuu-Tokai, and it is across the sea. A caravan leaves from Akebono tonight – I have my things packed and ready.

Maybe the gates are still fully intact, and this is all nothing but rumor. All I know is that I cannot live my life until I have avenged my grandfather’s. And I have a feeling that this quest to find the Obake Blade will take me just where I need to go.

Kyo Rurouni
Akebono
14th day of the dragon month, 235th year of the Age of the Sun

Those of you who join in the RP will be some of the occupants of the caravan to Ryuu-Tokai. During the time of the journey, your characters will eventually bond with each other and with Kyo, thus leaving open the option for you to join him in his quest for the Obake Blade. Sorry guys, but if you’re going to be in the RP, you kinda need to join him.

The caravan to Ryuu-Tokai is going to be used as a time for character relations and personalities to be formed and explored. By the time that the script on Kyo’s scrap of scroll is deciphered, I’m hoping for everyone to have a pretty good idea of who everyone else’s characters are.

Rules:

Sorry guys, but the playable races in this RP is kept strictly to humans. There are no elves, dwarves, and no cross breeds. And don’t ask me for a demon or ghost character. That’s, again, out of the question.

Keep to the basic rules of RPing. No godmodding, no charry control (unless given permission), yada yada yada…

Land:

- The land is known simply as the The Continent
- East: the Gin Sea; several hundred islands with a few cities line the coast; Ryu-Tokkai a harbor of one of the most easterly islands
-North: the lands north grow increasingly colder, and stretch to the very edge of the Earth, where the sky quite literally touches the land, and you can go no further. The gate to the Kuro Realm can be found here
-West: mountainous, spread with various volcanoes
-South: the breadbasket of the Continent, the south is the most heavily populated section of the land, made up of several prosperous cities and countless villages and plantations
-There is no true government on the Continent – rather, the land functions as groups of many unofficial city-states

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I will post the character sheet for Kyo in a moment.

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Name: Kyo Rurouni

Personality: Kyo is a man seasoned by a life of wandering. He is a rather hard man, with a very strong belief in deep family ties. Though he is not a generally cold person, Kyo often tries to discourage friendship and attachment, seeing as he is almost constantly moving. With no wife, children, or family left, he now lives solely for the purpose of avenging his grandfather.

Weaponry: Longsword and daggers

Appearance: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/BastilaRevanforever/Renders/gunz_online.png *minus gun*

*Note: character history is optional

JasraLantill
01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I'll give this a go!

Name: Aya S’Ornaku
Appearance: Average height, dark hair (long, but worn in pinned up braid), pretty (but not ‘beautiful’), brown eyes, wears a short tunic style dress over trousers
History: Aya’s father recently died and, being that she is the eldest child and her brother is only 10 years old, she is trying to carry on with the family business She is travelling from Akebono to Ryuu-Tokai as part of her father’s established merchant route.

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
W00t! First charry! ^.^

Rexraptor2000
01-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Name: Toa Firespitter
Personality: Toa is a friendly person who enjoys traveling with other people and making jokes. He does have somewhat of a firery part in his attitude, since he'll take on anything that challenges him. That can get him more than he can chew at times.
Appearance: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6075/frontni9.jpg
Weaponry: Fire Staff, Fire Magic
Bio: Coming from the lands of the West where there were multiple volcanos, he loves warm climates and hates water, not even knowing how to swim. He came from a large family where it was a rare circumstance to be alone at most times, so when he was sent off to be trained as an elementalist like some of his brothers and sisters, he was extremely homesick for quite a while. After graduating from under his mentor, he was unsure as to what to do. He thought about going home, but then that would just be a waste of what he had just learned since the region around his home generally never had any trouble, let alone the need for an elementalist. So he decided to take a tour of the continent before deciding what to do with his life now. He was trained in the south, so he reluctantly went east towards and over the water, taking on whatever odd jobs he could find.

ForceFightWMe12
01-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Double t3h w00t ^.^ Now we've got two characters!

And for those that were curious, a lot of these names are Japanese:

Obake - Ghost
-na is a suffix that means 'no'. Therefore, Obakenare is a spin off of 'no ghost'
Miko - priestess
Kuro - dark, evil
Ryuu - dragon
Tokai - city
Akebono - morning, dawn, beginning
Kyo - stubborn
Rurouni - vagabond, wanderer *note: this is not a true word in the Japanese vocabulary. It was actually created from a root by the creator of the anime Rurouni Kenshin

Dark_Lady
01-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Name: Hoshiko Michi / Shadowstorm (Michi is her birth name, but she calls herself Shadowstorm.)

Personality: Hoshiko is secretive and usually doesn't talk much about herself, however, she is still an outgoing person, with moods that change as rapidly as the wind.

Weaponry: Aeromancy, Sword, Stiletto

Appearance:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/elementalistdragon_storn.jpg
Shadowstorm (http://www.guildwarsguru.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10003/elementalistdragon_storn.jpg)

http://harvey.harker.org/u/harker/jessiel/assignments/friesian.jpg
Ciaran (http://harvey.harker.org/u/harker/jessiel/assignments/friesian.jpg)

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2007, 02:18 AM
That makes three :D Maybe another two or three more people before we start?

Rogue Nine
01-07-2007, 03:18 AM
I told myself I'd not get involved in one of these again, but what the hey. This RP actually seems thought-out and worthwhile. (And of course the presence of GW-type atmosphere had absolutely nothing to do with me joining. >.>) So here goes nothing...

Name: Carwyn Stormchild

Appearance: Brown leather leggings and boots, beige tunic made of soft linen, long brown overcoat. zomg pic (http://9.echonetwork.net/Crap/Oh_Internet/carwyn02.jpg)

Personality: Carwyn is an archer by trade and pretty darn good at his job. His marksmanship is excellent, as such he has a healthy enough ego. He spent his youth in the mountains, thus is eager to venture out into the world. Around others, he is polite and affable. He enjoys being the joker and putting people at ease.

Weaponry: His bows, a shortbow and a longbow of his own crafting.

steven
01-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Name: Jonas Armstrong.
Personality: Jonas is quite and still haunted by past events. However after the odd drink of an acholic beverage he can liven up dramatically. Whicxh explains the fact that Jonas can usually be found with a bottle in his hand.
Appearance: http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/images/robin_hood.jpg (sry about my pic being a real person, I have no anime on my computer :( )
Weaponry: Custom bow and arrow
Bio: Jonas was once an archer in the miltary and he was said to have a promising career in the archer squadrons. However during a training mission in the countryside, Jonas and his men where attacked by bandits. Jonas was the only one to survive but he still couldn't get over the deaths. This has caused Jonas to retire from the miltary and head back home (Ryuu-Tokai)

Jason Skywalker
01-07-2007, 09:02 AM
And another one!

Name: Akira Ryo

Personality: Akira can bond with almost anybody. He is a very cheerful guy and is almost always smiling. While that, he seems to be hiding his past, and whenever somebody talks to him about it he either imediatelly changes the subject or says that he would prefer not to talk about it.

Weaponry: Akira has a sword whose hilt is covered with black leather. The blade of the sword itself is of a wine red colour. Akira also owns a long black bow and two elven daggers.

Appearance: http://inheritance.wikia.com/wiki/Image:MurtaghFromPoster.JPG

Bio: Akira was born to some sort of wealthy parents, and lived with them until he was 15. At that time, he was apprentice to a Master Swordsman who was also skilled in Archery. He has a shadowy past that he prefers not to talk about and now is traveling to Ryuu-Tokai with another people in a caravan.

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2007, 12:41 PM
XD Eragon fan, huh? Everything's good except for the tiny little elvin daggers thing. There's no elves here :xp:

steven
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Perhabs here Elvin is a make or a matterial. :)

Jason Skywalker
01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah Eragon fan XD, and that's what i was meaning, like their blade is quite short and pointy like a scimitar and then the handle is curved and golden with two spikes coming out of one part of the top of the handle.

Sorry i didn't make it clear.

Relenzo2
01-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Looks like this is gonna be active. I think I'll use Even Crossblade, a character of mine actually for a book, in a different fantasy world. But I can cheat a little here, and if you wanna get technical, he got sucked into another dimension. I swear, that is the most useful plot device EVER.

Even Crossblade

Weaponry: Four dire axes. One for each hand, and two spares on his back.

Bio: Even is a swashbuckling pirate, canstantly making under-the-table deals. He wears black tripeak hats, which frequently get broken. He was hired for this mission because he was told the party would need someone who knew about sailing- and of course, because he was promised plenty of pay.

Steven your sig is just AWSOME.
Oh, and if you do that "Elven" make idea, spell it "Elvin". Just my opinion.

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
An Elvin make sounds better than an actual Elvin blade. That works ^.^

And I only just noticed that Steven's character had the same last name as mine and Jason's using my charry's first name as a last name :xp: And I wasn't really expecting a pirate character, Relenoz, but it sounds good :D

steven
01-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Opps, changed it so i'm now completely ripping off an actors name. :P

ForceFightWMe12
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Alright, looks like we're about ready to start this thing ^.^ I'll post it in a few moments.

Master_Archon
01-07-2007, 03:59 PM
And I'm late! Even though I was trying yesterday to post...interruptions!

Name: Xan Yuudai

Personality: Often quiet, he is a veteran soldier, and very tactical. He isn't too outgoing, but he does venture to talk sometimes. He often gives off the appearance of someone cold and hard, but is quite the opposite, being very kind, and generous.

Weaponry: War Hammer (http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/Boomernugget/hammer_by_xatyr.jpg); Great Sword (http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/Boomernugget/Great_Sword.jpg); Throwing Axes (http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/Boomernugget/Axe___unnamed_by_bitterashes.jpg)

Appearance: Guard (http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/Boomernugget/archlord_art116m1rOP815t.jpg)

Jason Skywalker
01-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Actually ForceFight, his last name is Ryu, not Kyo. :D

Alkonium
01-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Just a suggestion: You should change the names of either this thread or the actual RP one so that people don't get confused. It's not too late to join, is it?

Dark_Lady
01-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, the caravan didn't start yet, so you should still be able to join.

Quanon
01-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Can I join as a DRunken Master ? :lol:

JasraLantill
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Drunken Master of what? ;)

Alkonium
01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Drunken Master of what? ;)
I believe he is referencing a fighting style from Jade Empire in which you get hammered before fighting and somehow win. Also, here's my character info:
Name: Amane Hideyoshi
Personality: Though his heart is in the right place, Amane is overconfident in his own abilities, sometimes to the point of endangering those around him.
Weaponry: Bloodstained Katana, Bladed Shield
Appearance: This guy:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/Alkonium/gw017-1.jpg
but with more Asian-style facial features
I may disappear from the RP for good however. I've had trouble being in more than one RP at a time before.

JasraLantill
01-07-2007, 10:56 PM
@Alkonium--thanks for the info. And I like the way your character stowed away on the wagon. Clever! Now he can eavesdrop on all of the conversations around him. ;)

@Relenzo2--Dude?? Where is your character? On the floor of the cantina tossing rocks in his hat?? :confused: We're only now just getting our gear together and heading to the gates of the city.

Grace
01-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I meant to join much earlier today... but I was still trying to work out my character. :) (it's taken me all day to post! :p )

Name: Takara

Personality: Takara is fiercely independent, but at the same time, she can be extremely loyal if she finds someone worthy of her trust.

Weaponry: one sword (katana style), one long knife

Appearance: Takara stands at 5' 7" in height, has pure black hair, and dark blue eyes. A small white inch and a half long scar runs diagonally along her left cheek. She wears a sleeveless black 'short dress' style top, black trousers, tall black boots, and black elbow-length gloves.

History: Takara's father always wanted a son. But when his first and only child was a daughter, he was not disappointed. Instead, he named her 'my Takara', his Treasure and as soon as she was old enough, he began teaching her as he would have taught a son the ways of the wandering warrior.

For the early part of her life, Takara went wherever her father went. They wandered together and he continued to teach her. At sixteen years of age, Takara fell in love and married, leaving her father to settle with her husband. Late that year, she became pregnant. A month before she gave birth, her husband was killed and she returned to her father.

Takara gave birth to a son and named him Katsuro. When he was old enough to survive without her, she left him with her father, promising to return. Katsuro was three years old at the time. Takara returned a year later to retrieve her son and they left her father together.

As Katsuro grew, he became more and more his mother's son, learning to fight and hunt by watching her work. When he turned eight, Takara gave him a small slingshot and a dagger of his own. Now, at eleven years of age, he still carries the slingshot, but has traded the dagger for a longer blade. As ammunition for the slingshot, he carries a pouch of stones. His clothing resembles his mother's in the fact that it's all black. However, it is distinctly male clothing.

Takara and Katsuro are intent on traveling with the caravan, for Takara's father has sent word he wants them to meet him at its destination.

Quanon
01-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Hope I'm not to late , but here's my character sheet .

Name: Bora Cho

Personality: When ale and wine are within reach , he is a benolavent man , talkative and not shy . When Sober , he tranforms into a nagging , pesty bastard .

Weaponry: short bamboo stick .

Appearance: He has the looks of a vagabond , long sleazy dark hair that reaches his shoulder and small beard . He has one green eye and one blue .
He is about 1.75 m heigh . His clothes are tattered and dirty .

History: Bora Cho was given away to a cloister when he was just a small boy . The monks teached him many forms of martial arts , lessons in writing ,
story telling and history . Allthough his education was short lived , due to Bora Chos rebel nature . At about the age of 14 he was thrown out because
of the fire he had started in the dormentories . Caused by a small rocket , sadly his firework flew straight into the wooden roof , exploded with a bang
and started to burn .

After that Bora Cho wandered around the county , untill he found old Master Gugoko . When the Master heard his story , he laughed and said that Bora Cho
should not be so sad . He told the young boy that those dry monks where to centered in their small world , they missed the bigger picture and many of
the good things of live . And so young Bora Cho became a new apprentice , his half finished skills in martial arts where completed with new techniques .
So time passed on , Bora Cho grew bigger and saddly Master Gugoko older . Last spring , Bora Cho , at the 20 ,found his Master dead in bed .

Saddend he burned his Master and threw his ashes into the wind . After the short ceremony , Bora Cho made his backpack and left the hut he had lived for
so long . He walked away ,looking for som

ForceFightWMe12
01-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Alright, both are approved! ^.^

ForceFightWMe12
01-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Alright, in case you guys haven't noticed yet, I have zero tolerance for noob moves like having your character be spontaineously attacked by fifty robbers and being able to take them out single handedly! I don't care if your character is a freaking samurai, that is never going to happen! NO ONE is that invincible.

Also, stunts like that can completely and totally throw off the plot of the RP! I know that a lot of the RPs on LF have extremely loose plots, but I'd actually like to keep tabs on one for once. I'm not saying that your characters can't do anything on their own, but getting attacked by a group of more than three or four people, then plan to have yourself kidnapped by the group, that is completely unexceptable.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across too harsh, but, as I said above, I have absolutely zero tolerance for things like this. So n00bs, consider this your crash-course.

Dark_Lady
01-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought all those bandits appearing and attacking someone was a bit much myself, but I figured I should do something about M_A's char being dragged away. I tried to make it clear that I only fought a small group of bandits, and I even got hurt in the bargain. Was that too much? Otherwise, I'll edit, of course.

Master_Archon
01-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Haha! I love being called a noob, means I have a better imagination than most! :D But seriously, even I know I over did it, sorry about that FFWM12, that's what you call a serious case of boredom. Plus I was delerious from a long day. I changed the post where my guy fought the bandits, I drastically reduced the number, hope you'll forgive me FFWM12, wont happen again.

As for being kidnapped, well I knew I'd be saved, I even successfully predicted it'd be Dark_Lady's character! :D Why do you think I said, the weight of his armor and size slowed them down; so they wouldn't get far-fast before they were slaughtered!

ForceFightWMe12
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM
It's alright, MA, as long as it doesn't happen again. Getting attacked by a few is reasonable. A small army is not <.<

And Dark_Lady, your post was fine. There's no need to really edit anything for either of you -- what's done is done, and we'll just move on.

JasraLantill
01-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Right, so FFWM12 said she's going to be away for the weekend. And due to other committments, my posting will be rather erratic, if at all, this weekend as well.

But don't anybody pack up the caravan and leave without us! ;) We'll be back!

Jason Skywalker
01-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, i guess it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm kinda late in the RP due to time-zones and other comitments.

JasraLantill
01-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, Jason, feel free to help yourself to some breakfast. ;)

Darth_Velrogh
01-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Sorry for being so damn late!!! I have been away from the site for some time, anyways... Back!

Name: Istergard Stormrage (if you don't mind...)

Appearence: Body (http://es.geocities.com/ferchugj/arthas.jpg), Face (http://home.comcast.net/~bloodfr0st/WC3_Arthas.jpg)

Weapon:Shadowsmither (http://www.ntdclan.h11.ru/frostmourne.png)

Personality: Although he looks evil, he his pretty joyful and sociable (sometimes this confuses people).

Bio: He was a necro-warrior he is very friendly but due to his worships, he can sometimes burst out o control in a bloody rage...

Darth_Velrogh
01-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Am I accepted????

ForceFightWMe12
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Yep. Just go ahead and post as if you were in the caravan the entire time.

Jason Skywalker
01-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Hey, ForceFight, can i do like a Necromancer evil character that is working on opening the Kuro Realm and ressurecting some sort of very bad and evil main Demon?

ForceFightWMe12
01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Well...doing something of that sort would suck up huge amounts of the plot and cause the need for severe altercations to it. Admittedly, the plot isn't exactly super-intricate...it's really quite loosely put together, but...

Don't you worry, we won't be bad-guy-less through the entire RP :xp:

Relenzo2
01-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey, er, I haven't been posting for a while cause I was away from this thread and while I was it got away from me... gimme an update on what happened since the party got on the ship?

JasraLantill
01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Well, this thread is moving pretty fast. Suppose the best thing for you would be to actually read the thread, but here's a very quick summary so far:

Not much happened on the boat. Takara, Katsuro, and Xan spent the trip topside. Carwyn spent a quarter of the trip in the crowsnest, a quarter of it hanging upside down in the rigging (when he fell from the crowsnest) and the rest of the time down in the hold with most everyone else. Aya and Carwyn are forming a friendship, Akira is getting jealous, Kyo is just concerned about his mission, Bob was just being Bob, and the "'mancers" were having fun with a three-headed pygmy hydra.

Everyone disembarked from the ship, then battled in front of the city gates with some very odd 'ninjas' who said they were there for a 'key', but would gladly take on the 'Wandering Swordsman' (Kyo), too. Aya nearly got strangled by one, but was saved by Jonas and Katsuro. Akira and Kyo dispatched the majority of their attackers in typical fighting style, Carwyn got injured by a rather large throwing knife, and one of the ninjas got away.

Aya got the last three rooms at the Smoking Dragon--one for her; one for Kyo, Jonas, and Akira and Carwyn to share (although Carwyn is now being tended to by the doctor in her room), and one for Takara and Katsuro. Bora-Cho and Istengard are in the common room of the inn, along with Xan, I believe. Hoshiko has a room at the Wavering Wind Inn across the street (as the Smoking Dragon was full up) and I believe Toa might be staying there eventually, too--once they find their way back to it (they had a slight 'wizard's duel' with a Hydromancer upon arrival as they missed the ninjas.)

Aya and Akira took Kyo to see the 'old woman' he was looking for so he can get his scroll translated in his quest for the Obake Blade. Aya wouldn't go in with him, so she and Akira left Kyo there and returned to the inn.

Meanwhile, Takara and Katsuro have met up with Takara's father, and we find out that it is Takara's birthday and that her father is leaving the city for some sort of 'outdoorsey' lifestyle change. Xan and Takara are now conversing while the kid plays with his grandfather.

Aya has just walked in on Carwyn getting 'ministrations' from the doctor's assistant after getting stiches, the doctor prevented a misunderstanding between them and then decided that Aya needed treatment for her neck as well, and Akira is waiting for her in the bar.

Think that's about it. If you want more details... well, you'll have to read the thread. ;)

Rogue Nine
01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
I love how sometimes NPCs can seem to assert themselves so strongly that they simply have to be RPed properly. This is definitely one of these cases. xD

Name: Tellis Llyr

Appearance: Willowy and lithe. Wears a simple but elegant brown working dress under a dark blue cloak most of the time. Very dark brown hair and piercing grey eyes. Piccy (http://9.echonetwork.net/Crap/Oh_Internet/Tellis01.png)

Personality: Calm and quiet, with a very enigmatic disposition. She is polite and affable enough and knows how to subtly manipulate things in her favor. She is also a skilled healer and well versed in the art of hypnotism.

JasraLantill
02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Ok, so at the moment, we have Jonas, Kyo, Aya, Carwyn, and Bora-Cho sleeping at the Smoking Dragon (or in the inn's stables as the case maybe); Takara and Xan are still in Takara's room (although I'm not sure if Katurso and his grandfather are still hanging about the common room of the inn, or if they've also gone to bed); Akira and Istergard are being held hostage in a warehouse by the mafia-style boss 'the Wolf' (details of their release will come in the morning ;)); Tellis is at the Wavering Wind Inn across the street from the Smoking Dragon; and our mages, Toa and Hoshiko, are heading back to the Wavering Wind. I'm not sure what happened to Even (either he missed the boat and he's swimming to Ryuu-Tokai or he's hiding out someplace else in the city unbeknownst to any of us.)

(If I missed anyone, I do apologize.)

ForceFight, is it ok to move on to the next day, or does anyone have anything that they really need to do with their characters before the sun rises in Ryuu-Tokai?

It'll be market day in the city tomorrow, so there should be lots of hustle and bustle going on in the streets. Plenty of time to wander about on personal quests and the like before Kyo gets his 'mission' given to him by the old (and creepy) witchy woman. :)

ForceFightWMe12
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
For the moment, I don't see anything that needs to be done...as long as everyone else is finished, we're fine!

Jason Skywalker
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Alright, Oblivion photos of Akira Ryu!

Akira with his trusty blade. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/diogoalves_01/Oblivion/ScreenShot109.jpg)
Akira with his bow. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/diogoalves_01/Oblivion/ScreenShot108.jpg)
Akira now with his daggers Note, the daggers Akira use are equal to the one on his left hand. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/diogoalves_01/Oblivion/ScreenShot110.jpg)
Akira with his cloak over him. (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/diogoalves_01/Oblivion/ScreenShot111.jpg)

If you want one, alright, i'll see what i can do, PM me or talk to me via MSN.

Next: Aya S'Ornaku.

JasraLantill
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Cool, Jase! Can't wait to see what you do with Aya. :)

JasraLantill
02-11-2007, 05:12 AM
Ugh! I hate double posting, but....just an FYI of what should happen next.

Ok, while Kyo, Aya, and Carwyn are off getting this 'prophecy' read to them by the old witchy lady, perhaps our mages can help out with the firework display for tonight, and our warrior types can organise some sort of fighting match between them and Wolf. (After all, 'ol Gabe the farmer can't be the only one who would pay to see that--especially if the match was public and held in the square. ;) )

As far as I know, Kyo will want to head off on his quest the next morning. We WILL be encountering monsters and the like, so it would be nice to have all the warriors come with him. (Especially Bora-Cho, as we'll be just might be visiting a monestary along the way.) And our mages are integral to the plot line. We need all five 'elements' and Fire and Air are important!

So, just jump in and invent stuff to happen in the marketplace. (Think of it as a big carnival, but with a food market.) Gabe the farmer is an NPC, so feel free to use him if you need to in any conversations, as well as any of his 'merchant' pals and/or the Lord Mayor and Wolf. (But please don't kill off Wolf or his son just yet. But it is ok to 'rough them up' a bit. ;))

3yks
02-11-2007, 08:34 AM
I have not had a chance to read the thread itself yet, but I've been wanting to get back into some sort of RP, and Jasra convinced me this was the one, have read the whole ooc thread and will read the thread itself before i try any sort of posting :P but here is a charry sheet.

Name: Kai Senuko

Appearance: Piccy (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21649180/?qo=43&q=eye+patch&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5)
Kai's left eye has gone missing! He wears a brown patch over it, he has numerous ear rings, and wears a black gi (gei? something like that)

Personality: Abrasive is a nice way of putting Kai's personality. He holds nothing back and will tell you anything and everything he thinks. Most think he is insane, and potentially dangerous.

Background: Seventeen years ago Kai woke up under a pile of woven mats, this is his first memory, since then he has traveled a great deal, having been barely a teen when he found himself out on his own he has spent most of his life searching for som semblence of a life. In his mid teens he was drafted to fight in a war, was trained as an assassin and unleashed to kill his enemies. Despite his handicap (missing eye;) ) he was an exceelent warrior and killed many of his lord's enemie's. But his lord fell only months after Kai's training was complete. Since then he has traveled the world, seeking family or friendship ... and getting in his share of fights.

Master_Archon
02-11-2007, 03:47 PM
(But please don't kill off Wolf or his son just yet. But it is ok to 'rough them up' a bit. ;) )

Ooh! I'm gonna go beat the snot outta Wolf now, if it hasn't already been done!

....But I have to think about how I'm going to go about and do that first? (And obviously you don't want it to be just one person to beat the stuffing out of Wolf...right Jasra?) Some ideas would be nice. :)

JasraLantill
02-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Well, MA, Xan seems the resourceful type, and he knows a few people in town... perhaps he can have someone he knows help arrange a freestyle boxing match as entertainment for the market day crowd? If Xan's looking for extra cash, he could take bets on it.

Master_Archon
02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Hm? Sounds interesting....I think I'll do it! But do I box Wolf personally? Or go through his lackies first?

Jason Skywalker
02-11-2007, 04:29 PM
How 'bout a Tag Team match between Xan and Akira vs Wolf and Crispin? :xp:

Master_Archon
02-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Okay Jason, we'll do the tag-team, just don't get carried away. ;)

ForceFightWMe12
02-11-2007, 05:16 PM
XD Have fun, guys!

And it's nice to see you back, 3yks! Charry's approved and you're ready to go!

Master_Archon
02-13-2007, 09:02 AM
We need all five 'elements' and Fire and Air are important!

I'm assuming water and earth are two other elements, but what's the fifth?

@FFWM12 - Mind if I make another character?

JasraLantill
02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Well, I don't want to answer for FFWM12, but the fifth element will become apparent in due time. And as far as I know, we have all of the 'elements' already. They just haven't all been revealed yet. :)

Darth_Velrogh
02-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I haven't really had time so... Can you please tell me what happened since Jasra's loooong post?

Master_Archon
02-13-2007, 06:41 PM
*crickets chirping*....Wait, I'm confused, are you talking about people elements (such as integral characters meant for important use later in the plotline), or natural elements (such as Fire, Air, Water, Earth, and any other 'element', you consider an element)?

ForceFightWMe12
02-13-2007, 08:15 PM
One of the main things that comes up in fantasy (especially in a setting like Obake, which hints at Oriental origins) are the five main elements of nature and the Earth itself: Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Spirit. Fire and Wind are already quite apparent, and maybe if you carefully read a particular post a while back, then the representative of Earth might also be known to you. Water and Spirit are yet to come.

And you can go ahead, MA. We already have a rather large cast of characters, but I'm sure one more couldn't hurt ;)

JasraLantill
02-13-2007, 08:33 PM
*crickets chirping*....Wait, I'm confused, are you talking about people elements (such as integral characters meant for important use later in the plotline), or natural elements (such as Fire, Air, Water, Earth, and any other 'element', you consider an element)?Sorry to sound cryptic, but a bit of both, actually.

I haven't really had time so... Can you please tell me what happened since Jasra's loooong post?Erm... you mean the last really long epic post?? Well....

Kyo, Carwyn, and a reluctant Aya are now at the old lady's house getting Kyo's quest prophesy. The Quarter Market is getting some excitement with a boxing ring now being set up in the square and people betting on the 'main event' (i.e. The Wolf and 'Cub' vs. Xan the Man and Crazy Kai.) Oh, and I believe our Mages (and possibly Akira) are discussing the upcoming fireworks display that they'll be putting on for tonight, as well as how to put some excitement into the boxing match. :dev7: (By the way... if anyone wants to play the part of 'sports announcer' or referree for the match feel free!)

Istergard, last we saw, was walking along with Bora-Cho. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2266011&postcount=818)

Hope that helps. PM either me or FFWM if you need more specifics.

Master_Archon
02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Xan the Man

LOL, funny! :D

*M_A stares at all the evil posts of concocted evilness* Aha! I think I know the, erm, Earth character you speak of...though I'm still not certain, but don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

Here's my character, I was kinda hoping to be a Geomancer, but I think it'd be best if I weren't:

Name: Yosho the Sagacious

Appearance: Normal Look (http://www.lukianenko.com/arhiv/images/img46b/druid.jpg) (Just add a bear skull on his head, and hood over that. Antlers too.); Alter Form (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17591253/?qo=1&q=Druid+Warrior&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5) (Just add the beard :) ); Face (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28087455/?qo=4&q=Druid+Warrior+boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+ag e_scale%3A5+in%3Atraditional%2Fdrawings%2Ffantasy) (Again, imagine a bear skull under the hood [Antlers are incuded in his appearance.])

Weapons: Sciomancy Staff (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4270676/?qo=44&q=Wizard+Staff&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5); Druid Saber (http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/pics_swords/swords_chinese_9-ring-broadsword.jpg)

Personality/Background: Foreseeing and wise, he's kind and often a source of much advice and answers, and any answers he cannot give, he seeks. He is often a person people go to for comfort, for the aura of peace that emmanates from him; they also find him like a fatherly figure, being one of good counsil, and great consoling.

Though he is such a quiet, meek man, it does not mean he cannot be stern, nor demand respect when it is needed. He is a man of nature, and often a man of hermitage, he has only come out of his secluded dwelling because of knowledge of great stirrings in nature, that point to something...unknown.

Not much is told or known of his past, and infact, nothing really is known about him. He does not have a disposition towards people, that is not why he secludes himself, but it is the fact that so many are drawn to him because of his wisdom and fatherly nature. He is also not unknown to the arts of combat, knowing how to wield almost any weapon with deadly efficiency, though he prefers peaceful solutions.

((Hope this guy's okay! :whtsmile: ))

@JL - How do you get that single post like that? I definately need to learn how to select individual posts. (For mornings...don't ask.)

3yks
02-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Btw, sorry if i stepped on your toes Jason, i missed that you had planned to be the other participant, and it was a really good place for my charry to come in.

I'm holding off on posting until Xan gets to the ring btw.

Darth_Velrogh
02-14-2007, 08:49 AM
MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAH... Istergard will make Mr Wolf a small surprise... *smiles evily*

A sword stuck in his neck *ñyard ñyard*!!

Jason Skywalker
02-14-2007, 09:30 AM
It's okay 3yks. Although, don't think you get off without revenge! :xp:

JasraLantill
02-14-2007, 09:40 AM
MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAH... Istergard will make Mr Wolf a small surprise... *smiles evily*

A sword stuck in his neck *ñyard ñyard*!!

Beat him up, insult him, and make him look like a fool, but please don't kill off Wolf (or his son) just yet as I've got plans for him after our 'team' leaves Ryuu-Tokai. ;)

Darth_Velrogh
02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
ok... works for me !!

Master_Archon
02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't worry 3yks, I'll post eventually, but I'm just kinda waiting...you know, oportune moment and all that.

(But noboby's posting so!... :mad: )

ForceFightWMe12
02-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Hm...so it would seem we have a Druid joining our cast...nice character, MA, but watch the godmodding. I can tell already how easy that might be when he transforms to his Altar form :xp:

Master_Archon
02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't worry, he's stronger and faster in that form, but more animalistic - Thus his control is limited - plus he's still a living, breathing, and bleeding being, so he can get hurt still (and die, not that he's going to. ) .

P.S. - He's not just a Druid, he's a Sciomancer too! ;) Don't worry, if you don't know what one is, well, I'll explain it eventually...if enough people nag me. ;P

Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I know what a Sciomancer is. :p And if people pay attention to what lots of your other characters can do, they'll probably figure it out as well.

ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Just a note to everyone: I'm going to be gone until Sunday afternoon/evening, and Jasra will be busy as well. In other words, there probably won't be too much activity from either of us in the RP until the end of the weekend. Sorry >.<

Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I know what a Sciomancer is. And if people pay attention to what lots of your other characters can do, they'll probably figure it out as well.

@Dark_Lady - Well, only you would know, wouldn't you? Could you explain to me and our audience what one is? Since you proclaim to know.

@Others - Also, I forgot to mention, because he is a Druid he is in basis, an Animancer, though that's basically what an Animancer is and what one can do, so...nah! ;P

And if you have no idea what an Animancer is, then too bad! (And NO, an Animancer doesn't have magic control over animals, though he can still do things like that because he's a Druid.) I stick to my same word - I'll only explain if I'm nagged enough - And seeing as I'm not being nagged about either one, I'm not explaining. :D

Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you really want me to tell? I thought it was some kind of secret or something. And I'm too lazy to explain anyway. :xp:

Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
It's not that I don't want to tell, sure, I'd love to infact. It's just I'm the type who likes keeping things mysterious, I want people to take the time to figure it out, or nag me until I tell :D .

Besides, I'm also too lazy! :xp:

Jason Skywalker
02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Isn't an Animancer a Magician that uses Elemental Magic?

Master_Archon
02-17-2007, 12:02 AM
All 'mancers' are magicians (mancer means 'Mage' after all, you know) who use Elemental Magic.

An Animancer specifies in one area of Elemental Magic, which one, I will not say...yet. Unless nagged until insanity...wait, no I'm already insane, um, until I'm phsycotic, then I'll tell...even then I'll still be reluctant, I like for others to figure it out and tell me.

ForceFightWMe12
02-18-2007, 05:45 PM
MA, if you post another "I'm not going to tell until I'm nagged enough" post, I will slap you.:xp: It's obvious that you want to tell everyone, otherwise you wouldn't continue to post things like that. So spit it out already.

Master_Archon
02-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Hehe...I'll tell, eventually, but you could so easily look it up and tell me, now couldn't you?

Besides, I like being nagged :p . So go ahead, slap me, it only helps my purpose, so nah! ;P

Anyways, I like others to take some effort into finding things out, kinda like you never really mentioned who the earth person was, though I figure it's one of two people at the moment, and I'm still not even sure about that, I still took the effort of attempting to figure it out. :D

So let's see if you can tell me...think of it as a challenge FFWM12, or are you not up to such things? :whtsmile:

(I'm such a rascal! :lol: )

Jason Skywalker
02-18-2007, 08:22 PM
*slaps Master_Archon so hard he and Xan start crying of their reed cheek*

:xp:

Rogue Nine
02-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Wiki wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciomancy)
Second result from Google (http://www.answers.com/topic/sciomancy)

:rolleyes:

Anyway, on with the whole fight bit. Kyo, Aya and Carwyn should be on the scene soon enough for the main event.

ForceFightWMe12
02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
And I do believe that an Animancer is the equivilant to an Animagus, isn't it?

Master_Archon
02-18-2007, 10:40 PM
YES!!! Thank you Rogue Nine for being less lazy than the others and taking a scholarly effort to figure something out! :D

I humbly applaud you!

As Wiki, and the other site says, Sciomancy is a magic use and form which pertains to the shadows, and the ability to manipulate them, along with making shadows physical. Not only that, but the connectibility to the spirit, both in the sense of ghosts, and the sense of 'the spirit', like the one within a living person.

Though Sciomancy is a lesser form of mancy, and is thus not considered one of the seven 'gifts' of mancy, it is considered a sub-mancy gift.

There, that should sum up my end of the bargain. ;)

@FFWM12 - Actually, an Animancer is not an Animagus, because if an Animancer is a strong enough druid, he/she can turn into a number of different animal forms, not just one prechosen form.

You're getting closer, but keep trying, because I can see you're actually trying to figure out what one is. Good try though. :)

3yks
02-20-2007, 03:03 AM
Uhm, should i tag in? or were you planning to post again before I tag in? Sorry you made it sound like you didn't want Kai to tag in. I've got a post planned out for whne i get to the okay to tag in.

Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 09:10 AM
No, I've still got one more post going before there's any tag-ins, etc.

Besides, did it look like Xan was throwing in the towel so early (or Wolf), the first round has estimatedly been going for only ten minutes (maybe less, considering) or so.

3yks
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
sorry, no i couldn't wait ... I didn't join this game to post once ever 5 days or so while i wait for you to continue the storyline. not trying to be rude, just ... saying.

Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Understandable, you only had to say so in the first place. Just make sure you don't make me wait five days for you to progress the storyline. ;)

Rogue Nine
02-20-2007, 06:58 PM
M_A, this is an RP, meaning all players should be involved. You can't be monopolizing all the action all the time. You've got to let others participate as well, otherwise there would be no point in RPing at all. You're also not the threadmaster, so you don't have blanket authority to dictate how events go; only FFW12 does. That isn't to say you can lead on in a certain direction, but you also cannot say, "Wait, I'm not done yet, don't post anything." RPing is all about reacting to people's actions and compromising. As players in this RP, we're all equal and therefore equally entitled to post, and there is no first among us.

Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 07:21 PM
*crickets chirping*......wow, all that just to say let the other guy post when he pleases, well to tell you, I already knew everything you just told me, so hey. :)

And I know I don't control the RP, I'm not trying to either, if FFWM12 wanted the match to be over so as to move on, I'd have no objections.

I would've let him post, like I said (in technicality, I did - not that I really have that kind of say-so, so he did as he pleased, and I don't mind :whtsmile: ) ; I'm no control freak, and I don't consider myself above others, (actually I consider myself a very lowly person) so you don't need to go all moderator on me Rogue Nine, I'm content to post when given the signal, or oportunity, whichever comes first. :D

Jason Skywalker
02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Actually Archon, it's administrator :xp:.

I like where the plot is going. I wonder who the Earth and Water element are.

Btw, Master_Archon Vs ForceFightWMe12 in a No DQ boxing match for the Threadmaster Heavyweight Championship, who will win? :rofl:

Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
I have no plan on challenging FFWM12, I respect him/her (not sure of FFWM12's gender right now...heheh sorry. :D) as the threadmaster, and besides, I have barely any idea where the RP's going, so it'd be best for FFWM12 to stay as the threadmaster. ;)

And I know Rogue Nine's an administrator, but most admins don't do the explanatory jobs of the moderators. :)

3yks
02-21-2007, 03:00 AM
And you can get back ni the ring now :P i delibertely left it so that Cripsin is at a point where he will probably want to tag out. Or you could further to the next round, :)

JasraLantill
02-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I think we should move to the next round. I think everyone is at least in the market square (if not watching the fight itself), and I want to see our mages fireworks displays. :)

And FFWM12, correct me if I'm wrong, but now that Kyo has gotten the 'key' from the old woman that will help lead him to the Obake Blade, he'll need to start doing some recruiting for people to help him in his quest. (Especially if he wants to leave the next 'morning'.) Try to keep your characters in or around the market square or the inn(s) so that he can speak to them (or vice versa), and let's hope that our 'boxers' (on either side) don't get themselves so severely injured that they can't travel. :)

Rexraptor2000
02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm ready to do it, but from what it looks like, DL might not be able to make it. She says she's been very busy.

JasraLantill
02-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Maybe she'll get time to post this weekend, Rex. (Fingers crossed! ;) ) In the meantime, I think the fight will go another few posts. And then perhaps Doc Waverley can make another appearance and tend to everyone's wounds. (Yes, even the Wolf's. ;) )

Master_Archon
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, to shorten the fight to your liking, then maybe Wolf could cheat, I was planning on it anyways, but it's a way to have the fight end sooner, if that's what you wanted. Besides, I thought I should ask before having him cheat, seeing as how every little thing I do backfires.

JasraLantill
02-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, to shorten the fight to your liking, then maybe Wolf could cheat, I was planning on it anyways, but it's a way to have the fight end sooner, if that's what you wanted. Besides, I thought I should ask before having him cheat, seeing as how every little thing I do backfires.Oh, you don't have to shorten the fight. Just let it play out. :) (You and 3yks can work it out between you.) Besides, if Dark Lady is going to be having some troubles getting online, then it might be a while before everyone is able to finally settle in for the night. Just have fun with Wolf (I'm enjoying reading the posts!)

Master_Archon
02-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Well okay! :)

So, how do you feel about Wolf cheating 3yks? Don't worry though, it won't get him disqualified (and I promise it won't shorten the posting/fight), I don't plan on that, but it'd spice things up! And we could have it happen in the third round, so when the third is over, you could get Crispin all to yourself in the fourth. :D

But it's up to you, we don't have to have it happen if you don't want it to. :whtsmile:

3yks
02-23-2007, 02:52 AM
works for me, i'll post again tommorrow, too tired tonight to do so.

Master_Archon
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Okay, see you....tomorrow, I think.

3yks
02-26-2007, 08:33 AM
sorry about that took me longer to find the time to post than i thought it would. I figured that pushing forward another round wasn't a bad idea, and it let me show off Kai's crazy a bit :D

ForceFightWMe12
02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Alright guys, just a heads-up as to wat's going to happen:

Before we leave Ryuu-Tokai, Kyo is going to gather everyone he can to join him on this quest. I think that a few of your characters may need coaxing or some other reason to join - perhaps you're characters are traveling the same way he's heading (*coughNORTHcough*) or maybe you're looking for some extra cash. Keep in mind that Kyo's not made of money, however :xp:

Kyo also isn't going to figure out the riddle all by himself. Once we're all gathered together and he gets a chance to explain and pull the riddle out, feel free to toss in your guess. It's really not a complicated puzzle ;)

We'll travel north, and, obviously, things are going to happen along the way. If you'd like to plan for a side quest for a character, feel free to PM me with the idea!

3yks
02-28-2007, 03:29 AM
I stopped where i did, becuase i want to kill crispin, but won't unless given permission :P

Master_Archon
02-28-2007, 09:20 AM
And I wish to commit mass slaughter upon Wolf (so we have a mutual agreement :D ), but Jasra doesn't want either Wolf, or Crispin dead, she wants them alive for awhile. After the fireworks I'm guessing, is when the appropriate time for their death's will come, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing Jasra will give us the wink-and-a-nod for when it's the right time to tear their organs from their bodies! :dev7:

Jason Skywalker
02-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey, save some from me, i want to get revenge from the kidnapping...

But alright FF. I'll pm, got something important...

JasraLantill
03-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Don't worry, guys. There will be a time and a place to kill of Wolf, Crispin and a whole bunch of 'thug/warrior' types. So, everybody will get a chance to do damage. :)

Just get your characters to the inn by tonight (tonight as in RP tonight ;) ) so we can (hopefully) see some fireworks (from our mages if they can post, that is), treat any wounds, drink some ale, and make Kyo's job of recruiting for quest followers a bit easier.

Rexraptor2000
03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
I can't speak for DL about posting, but I'm here till the end.

Dark_Lady
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I can post, finally. The workload from my classes has let up a bit. Sorry I was gone so long.

JasraLantill
03-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok, sorry for a bit of charry control with our mages and Takara, but after a chat on AIM with FFWM12, we figured we needed everyone back at the inn so that Kyo can assemble his ‘team’ for his quest. So far, he’s got Akira, Carywn, Aya, and Kai (I think). He’ll need the two mages (‘Fire’ and ‘Air’ as was mentioned in the old witch’s prophesy to Kyo), and probably Tellis as she’s a healer, and Takara might be good at… tracking perhaps? (Not exactly sure, but I’m sure Grace will think of a reason why she might want to go with Kyo. ) As Katsuro and Xan are asleep at the moment, they’ll have to join up with Kyo in the morning. Not sure what Yosho’s plans are, but I’m sure Master_Archon will find a way to integrate him into the story.

Grace
03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Yea, Takara would make a good tracker... and a good fighter, if need be. As for Katsuro, Takara ain't goin' nowhere without him :D

Master_Archon
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Not sure what Yoshi’s plans are, but I’m sure Master_Archon will find a way to integrate him into the story.

Well, if you guys would all stop sluffing him off, and give him some leeway to become apart of the group, and/or get friendly with him, then I'd be able to integrate him into the RP, and the traveling gang/group. :mad:

And it's Yosho, not Yoshi.

Rogue Nine
03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, Kyo's going to need some sort of reason to take everyone, so you'd best get thinking of yours. And it would probably help if you didn't make the old dude so creepy. No one's going to want to get close to someone who acts all strangely and with a know-it-all attitude like he does. Also doesn't help that we've absolutely no idea what you're on about with all your NPC interaction early on page 25.

Oh, and taking all of Aya's stuff without Jasra's permission probably didn't help either.

JasraLantill
03-11-2007, 08:21 PM
And it's Yosho, not Yoshi.Sorry about that. Edited. :)Well, if you guys would all stop sluffing him off, and give him some leeway to become apart of the group, and/or get friendly with him, then I'd be able to integrate him into the RP, and the traveling gang/group.Ok, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but just some words of constructive advice.

It's not 'we' who are putting him off, but our characters. If some complete stranger came up to me and immediately started asserting him/herself as a close personal acquaintance of mine, I would be a bit suspicious of their motives. And as you've chosen to make Yosho appear rather eccentric (i.e. his unblinking stares; the way he dresses; his secret meetings with the NPC characters; his abrupt disappearances/reappearances when he changes from animal to human form,) that makes it hard for the characters to immediately accept him into their group. (Even Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings, as nice and as well-meaning of a wizard as he was, was viewed with suspicion from those who did not know him on a personal level.) You have to remember that the RPs characters have 'bonded' over a period of days. Introducing a stranger into the mix is hard. You have to find common ground. 'Kai' did this by helping Xan fight. If he hadn't, the other characters would probably view him as a bit odd as well, and not have been as quick to accept him either.

I'm still not quite sure why Yosho wants to follow them, or what's going on with his interactions with all the NPC characters (the conferring with Renn, Doc Waverley, the Blacksmith, etc.) but I do recall that you said you wanted to keep things 'mysterious.' That's fine. But remember, none of the other characters know Yosho's been watching them in his animal forms, nor have they been privy to his conversations with the NPCs. All they know is that he is/was a customer that bought a cermonial knife from Aya and said that it was used for cannibalism (and that's pretty creepy in itself,) and Aya now knows that he says he knew her father (but in what way or how he knew him is still unknown to her.) If you want to have him be part of the current group, then you have to find some common ground for him to share with the other characters.

Perhaps, since he's a Druid/mage he can talk with Hoshiko or Toa (although he seemed to have viewed them with disdain as he referred to them as 'showoffs' while they were doing their dragon fireworks.) You could also use Xan to bring him into the group. (Perhaps he knows him somehow?) Or perhaps Yosho can bring the dagger back to Aya, maybe wondering if she's seen a similar one, and then overhear the current conversation and offer some sage advice to them about ancient artefacts, prophesies, or even just drinking. ;) (Like how to avoid a hangover.) Something that the other people in the group would find useful or would need.

Otherwise, you could just have Yosho just observe and follow the group and then have him appear to them at a critical moment (i.e. when they are engaged in battle or something) and lend them visible assistance or support. That would give him a foothold in the group.

It's up to you, of course, as only you know what role you have in mind for Yosho. But please don't think that 'we' are impeding your character's entry into the travelling group. He's welcome, but you have to find a way for him to be accepted by the characters who have already established relationships with each other.

Rogue Nine
03-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

The group is going to be on the move Northward very soon, so everyone's characters need to rendezvous with Kyo so they're not left behind. Also, if you're planning on any sidequests or other ideas, it is imperative that you PM FFWM12 about it so that she can approve it. Otherwise, if you just post a sidequest and it doesn't fit within the flow of the RP as she sees it, the sidequest may very well be ignored/written off. Good communication is key to a smooth RPing experience. :)

Quist
04-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey all. I've been reading the RP thread for most of today and it sounds pretty darn cool! I'd like to join if it's at all possible. I know everyone's on the road now, but if they're making a stop somewhere in the future (hopefully all whole and healthy), I was wondering if I could craft up a character and have them join.

Please let me know and thanks!

Master_Archon
04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Welcome to LucasForums Quist, as for joining, that's not my say, obviously, but I just felt like welcoming you, none-the-less :) .

Jason Skywalker
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Welcome to LF Quist!

As for joining, you can just use the pathetic and overused excuse of a traveler that appears out of nowhere or you can be a monk or someone who has stopped at the monastery we will be reaching.

Jason Skywalker
04-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I think you can RP yourself on the monastery while you wait for us.

Quist
04-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I think I'll do that once everyone gets closer to the monestary. :)

ForceFightWMe12
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Welcome aboard, Quist! :D

3yks
04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
the coin purse is full of rocks.

ForceFightWMe12
04-22-2007, 07:33 PM
If everyone can just post a small bit about their characters settling into their respective rooms, that'd be great. After that, we can wake up our 'sleeping beauty' friends ;)

ForceFightWMe12
07-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Whew. Obake Blade OOC was waaaaaaay down the page @.@

Anyway. In case you guys missed my OOC in the main thread, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be going out of town for a week, starting this Monday (yes, an exact week, Monday to Monday). I will be bringing my laptop for information purposes, so there is a slim chance that I'll be able to get on and post every once in a while. Please don't panic if I don't - it's not because I'm killing Obake, but because I'm not here :xp:

Jae Onasi
07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Name: Takumi Nightsinger

Personality: The better way to describe it is, 'what is he not?' He's not quiet, shy, or retiring. He has a joie de vive that is infectious and can liven up the darkest nights. He uses humor, wit, and sometimes even downright sneakiness to get out of tough spots. He enjoys the good things in life: creature comforts, food, drink, people....

Weaponry:Longbow, whip, and shortsword. He prefers to stay as far away from actual fighting as possible. Oh, and he has arrows too.

Appearance:Medium height. Slender and healthy. Light skinned, blond hair styled in whatever way suits him or the situation at hand, vivid green eyes that can look ingenuous, seductive, or wickedly sharp depending on his mood. He prefers a flamboyant form of dress, with expensive fabrics in bright colors that liven up any stage on which he appears.

ForceFightWMe12
07-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Heheh. The Jae Onasi has joined Obake Blade! W00t. Accepted, of course.

Daft Adidas
07-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Lols that is cool. I hope I can join? Wait one second and find the Sign up Sheet.

Name: Reshki' Onleson

Personality: Reshki' is the quiet type. Hidden inside him is a nice man who loves his family. As a child he always played with his brother and loves him the most. He is strong though and judges people well. He has heard of Kyo and some travellers and has the strange urge to find them and join them in their Quest to wherever they are going. Troube lis Reshki' has never experienced much battle before. Will he find them?

Weaponry: Dagger and katana.

Appearance. A tall and thin man with bushy brown hair. He wears some ragged clothes all over colored brown and green.

Hope you'll let me in!

Edit:
I hate to Double Post but am I accepted?

~Be patient, Daft. I need to talk to the others before I can really accept your character, and they have been as busy as I am. And by the by, I don't think a double post was needed. ~ FFWM

ForceFightWMe12
07-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Alrighty then. I'm sorry, Daft, but with the way that the story is going so far, it would be a bit of a problem to incorporate a 'profession wanderer' into the group at this point, simply because of the time frame. Sorry, but I'm going to have to deny your character.

Daft Adidas
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok really sorry on the double post. Ok I'll wait but just give a shout if your ready for me. I do guess that's it's bad time. Sorry if I've caused any hassle.

ForceFightWMe12
07-23-2007, 12:56 AM
A'ight peoples. I had meant to get Obake moving along this week, but rather than me going on vacation this coming Saturday, I'm going to be leaving tomorrow (Monday) morning. And...I won't be back until August fourth ^.^' I'm going to be up in the mountains, so that means zero internet connectivity. So, until August 4th, just...mill about :xp:

JasraLantill
07-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Ok, peeps, as of this Friday, I will not have an internet connection for a few days until I get everything sorted at my new house. So, no posting at all for me till probably next week, but feel free to use Aya if you need to keep the story going. (And, yes, I know it's right after FFWM12's been gone for a while on holiday, but as the saying goes 'that's life.' :p

ForceFightWMe12
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Guess who's leaving yet again?

It turns out that I'm going to be flying out of town tomorrow for my cousin's wedding. My uncle is a computer freak, so I'll probably be able to manage a bit of time online, but just in case I can't post, I figured I'd just toss this out there :xp: I'll be back on Monday.

Writer
11-09-2007, 01:50 AM
After some PM's between me and FFWM, I have determined she's more than happy to have me come aboard. So here, I present my character sheet.

As to the subject of PM's... well, I have plans for my character's introduction and first steps into interaction with your fun little band... so FFWM, Jasra, and Jae can expect PM's from me sometime very soon ;)

Name: Audra

Personality: Superficially friendly, but if you do anything that she might view as domination, whether it be telling her to do something or making a suggestion of any kind, she overreacts.

Weaponry: Image: Katana/wakizashi set (http://weaponmasters.com/shopping/image.php?type=P&id=16905) Katana strapped over her back, wakizashi on her belt on the right

Appearance: Image: Audra (http://www.nadia-bjorlin.com/galleries/albums/batch/20.jpg)
With Image: pendant (http://www.diamondsinc.net/Jewelry_Photos/070131_CP01_large.jpg ) on a silver chain

Bio: She was born in the South, but at a very young age, she was kidnapped and offered as a servant to a cruel king in the North. There, she served as a maid to a princess who was just like her father, cruel and unrelenting. Time passed and the girl grew up. The king was killed by his son-in-law and two city-states joined into one. The young slave woman was abused in many ways by many of the new royal court and it soon became too much. She called on a power higher than any of these royal idiots and their subjects had ever known and the castle was burned to the ground.

The former slave left the ruins, took a katana and wakizashi from a frightened swordsmith, and then burned the rest of the city-state to the ground. She became a wanderer and named herself Audra. In one of the Northern languages, this means ‘Storm’. And she has a very stormy personality, quick as lightning to strike if she feels threatened.

After three weeks of wandering, she happened upon the ruins of the city-state a second time. The realization that she had caused such destruction frightened her and she tried to force her understanding of her power out of her mind. Instead of doing this successfully, she unknowingly split her personality in two. Since the split, she has become aware of the second, more deadly personality and occasionally, the two have brief, conflicted conversations.

Since her escape, Audra has become a ‘thief of convenience’, stealing what she needs to survive. Even while traveling, she tends to slip into camps and take things she likes or things she’ll need. It’s gotten her into trouble before, but she is quite adept at escaping... and she’s not half bad with her weapons either. For the most part, she hides her power though she has an impressive grasp on how it works; she’s discovered that most people don’t understand it, and it’s better used in ways that people can’t attribute it to her.

Audra has overdeveloped her defensive reflexes, flinching at even the lightest touch. Despite this, it’s almost like she’s hunting for a master through the fights she engages in. If she is defeated, she goes on to serve the victor for a short time, usually until the situation becomes less than ideal for her. When that happens, she either destroys her master or simply slips away in the night.

Audra’s clothing is an odd collection of patches sewn together. It’s almost like she’s taken a piece of clothing from each of her former masters and collected them to form one knee-length dress. Presently, the patches are beginning to separate. It won’t be long before she has to find something else to wear... or something else to repair the dress with. Her knee-high boots are the newest looking things she wears, though they appear to be at least two sizes too large, held in place due to being tightly laced up her legs.

ForceFightWMe12
11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I've already sent you a PM response, Writer, but I figured I oughtta post here as well. Accepted, of course :D Glad to have you aboard - a new character might be just what we need to get this RP moving again.

Rexraptor2000
11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Well, to whoever wants to know, I'm back. I'll be bringing Toa back in later though under the suggestion of Force.

JasraLantill
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Yay! Our fire mage is back! :)

Welcome back, Rexy.
And welcome aboard, Writer. :)

3yks
02-06-2008, 05:43 AM
I've got a fair bit of desire to rp online recently, so I'm back, hope nobody minds that ... and if you do *cry*

JasraLantill
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I've got a fair bit of desire to rp online recently, so I'm back, hope nobody minds that ... and if you do *cry*Mind? No! :D Welcome back, 3yks!! :clap2:

((Now, if Kira would only post and have Kyo answer the question.... :P ))

ForceFightWMe12
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
o___O Question? >.> What question? <.<

Welcome back, 3yks! It's good to see you hanging around again ^.^

3yks
02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks, I was suprised you guys weren't way farther along in OB, i thought i'd have to make up some story about him following you for weeks of travel ...

ForceFightWMe12
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
It's been going...slowly, to say the least...^.^''' I'm thinking I might just fast forward to the next town so we can get things going again.

Jae Onasi
02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
As long as Takumi can make his quips, I'm happy to go anywhere. :D

Rogue Nine
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
You're so dirty, Jae. So, so dirty.

Writer
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
The story, as told by Takumi has revealed some things about my character I hadn't known :p

First of all, the story Takumi told is remarkably accurate, which will prompt Audra/Aenya to eventually ask him where he heard it. I like that story better than my original bio of her :D

Now to the point of her age: given this new discovery that she's got a daughter, I'm saying she's 27 years old, rather than 23. While age 23 would technically still work, I prefer the thought of Audra being 17 when she had her daughter, and therefore, when she fried the Empire, she was 25 and her daughter was 8.

So yah, news flash: Audra's 27. :)

Now what exactly are we waitin' for in this one, Kira?

The Doctor
12-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm jumping in after speaking with Kira about the character, and Jasra brought it to my attention that I have not yet posted a character sheet for him. Kira, if you've got any problems with what I've got written for him, let me know and I'll change it accordingly.

Name: Balthazar W'rint
Appearance:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 187lbs
Hair: Black; rough facial hair
Eyes: Dark grey
Clothing: Balthazar wears expensive, but worn, leather clothing beneath a beaten knee-length cloth cape, with sturdy leather boots and gloves.
Equipment: Balthazar rarely carries weapons while aboard his own ship, but when he ventures ashore he dawns a heavy cutlass in a thick wooden scabbard.
Personality: Balthazar is a difficult man to read. He tends to be a fair adjudicator and competent administrator. He is sometimes seen as cold and callous to strangers, though his men are generally fairly fond of him - most likely due to his usual readiness to join them in their debauchery and drunkenness.
Biography: Not a great deal is known about his past, but this is not unusual for most travelling merchants, who’s only regular associations are with his crew and a handful of contacts land-side. He speaks fondly of his youth, however, and regularly tells obviously exaggerated tales of his exploits as a boy. Much of his adult life still remains a complete mystery - though not one anyone seems particularly interested in.