PDA

View Full Version : ah, work

Shmargin
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
So here I am at work right now...Just noticed the computer hooked up to the $200,000 water jet im running has internet access....cool...Decided to come and post, cause you know, what the hell.

Hopefuklly I dont get in trouble.

Someone post somethng to keep me occupied and entertained while I sit here....Occupied other than doing my job...

Shmargin
01-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm off work now and no one posted anything entertaining for me.... i see how it is....i see...

Grey Master
01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Ehhh.....r u talking to urself???

Titanius Anglesmith
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Nice case of self-ownage dude. You post a pointless thread, you double post in your pointless thread, and then you flame everyone in the title of your double post in you pointless thread. Well done.:thumbs1:.....

Shmargin
01-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Whatever sam & max forum noobs.

I can be as pointless and angry as I want in a forum about anything and everything.

I've been posting here since BEFORE the new games came out and made this place "hip" again, so I have seniority.

Nah nah.

Grey Master
01-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Ehh.....Ok, what do u want to talk about, Sam & Max senior?

Titanius Anglesmith
01-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Ehh.....Ok, what do u want to talk about, Sam & Max senior?
Obviously, himself. Maybe we could talk about the ban that he's probably gonna get....or maybe we could just leave him to himself so he can bask in his glorious "Sam & Max senior" status. That's starting to sound better actually.

Samnmax221
01-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry Shmargin I wasn't around earlier, normally I would have scared them away by now. Where do you work?

Shmargin
01-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I work in a small sheet metal shop, making just about anything you can make out of metal. I work on the waterjet alot, and do some CAD stuff for it.

And I do believe I'm running the risk of being banned for....uh....you know, that thing I did that appearently I'm probably gonna get banned for.

Sam & Max noobs...

Shmargin
01-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh by the way (ha, double posting in my own already previously double posted thread, eat that!) how does my use of the word seniority turn into the INCREDIBLY AWSOME title of "Sam & Max Senior"? Which I now want my status on the forum to be.

Shmargin
the
Sam & Max Senior!

SyntheticGerbil
01-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Is this like a literal waterjet? Why are you running AutoCAD on a waterjet?

And the next biggest question is what's up with these dumbass kids coming on here to act tough on a message board they don't even post on? And seriously, "thumbs up smiley?" What are you, a sodomist, kid?

Det. Bart Lasiter
01-16-2007, 02:10 AM
He is the prince of weasels.

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
Is this like a literal waterjet? Why are you running AutoCAD on a waterjet?

And the next biggest question is what's up with these dumbass kids coming on here to act tough on a message board they don't even post on? And seriously, "thumbs up smiley?" What are you, a sodomist, kid?

Its just 2D CAD, and its not REALLY CAD, but its a program from the waterjet manufacturer that reads CAD, allows you to draw and save in CAD, and basically as far as Im concerned is CAD.

And yes, its a literal WaterJet, as in it can cut just about anything from paper thin aluminum, to multi inch thick stainless steel, and do it very very cleanly.

Its pretty cool.

And yeah, those guys need to go back to the Star Wars forum and argue over which of the new trilogy sucked the most.

Samnmax221
01-16-2007, 03:16 AM
And yes, its a literal WaterJet, as in it can cut just about anything from paper thin aluminum, to multi inch thick stainless steel, and do it very very cleanly.
Would it work on a sandwich?

Det. Bart Lasiter
01-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Make a sword and battle the forces of evil.

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Would it work on a sandwich?

Yeah it would probably work on a sandwich, youd have to hold the top down though so that the water wouldnt get in between the layers and blow the sandwich apart. Might be a little wet though.

(at work again by the way)

SyntheticGerbil
01-16-2007, 11:19 AM
You should post here on the waterjet next time. That would be awesome.

Then try the sandwich thing in front of the other guys.

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm posting from the waterjet right now, and my boss would probably question me as to why there are bread crumbs and bits of food floating around in the tank of his machine that cost more than my house.

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Edit2: Pictures were not working, nor that important, for those that got to enjoy them, congratulations.

I tried doing one where i was smiling, but hated it.

Plus Im at work, and its snowing, so, no reason to smile i suppose.

These were taken from my cell phone minutes ago, enjoy this update into my personal life.

Edit: Those pictures should work, but now they arent showing up for me even though they are on the site i uploaded em to, paste em into your browser if you cant see them and actually care enough to.

itchythesamurai
01-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Shmargin bro, that's some righteous facial hair.

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Shmargin bro, that's some righteous facial hair.

Haha, yeah, I look pretty insane today, guess I should look in the mirror before I leave for work...

But I think my gotee always looks like that...

I look like a scarey internet person, but hey, i guess i am.

Samnmax221
01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
This just makes me think I ought to actually look for a job, haven't gone out for a month or so now. Now that I'm 18 I could attempt to obtain a job at Northstar Aerospace (http://www.northstaraerospace.com/), heard they pay real nice.

What if you shrink wrapped the sandwich, that would hold it together I'd think?

itchythesamurai
01-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Or freeze it solid? Maybe use some liquid nitrogen?

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Shrink wrap or freezing i suppose would work, in all honesty, just holding it in place would do fine since the stream of water wouldnt have to cut through anything hard, it shouldnt spread out as it hits it.

It would be a wet sandwich when it was over no matter what though, since, you know, youre using water to cut through it...

Still not gonna try it though, i just got done cutting 2900 pounds of this rubber foam stuff on it for a sub contract we had doing these fancy boxes for microsoft, and the tank still has bits of foam floating around it. I dont need bread and ham and mustard thrown in there too.

You can buy your own (http://www.omax.com/machines_model_55100.php) and try it though.

Samnmax221
01-16-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't spose' you could build Itchy and me an anti-aircraft battery. Its to protect the Micronation we don't have yet.

itchythesamurai
01-16-2007, 10:04 PM
I run a prominent CyberNation, I have experience. (http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=29802)

Shmargin
01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't spose' you could build Itchy and me an anti-aircraft battery. Its to protect the Micronation we don't have yet.

Honestly between all the different CNC machines we have we can build pretty much anything. It would be kinda funny if you actually called my work inquiring about the cost of building an anti aircraft battery, they would want you to fax over blueprints though before they would quote you, cause we only make things how the customer wants them, so if they get something and its not right, its because they gave us the wrong design.

Samnmax221
01-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Honestly between all the different CNC machines we have we can build pretty much anything. It would be kinda funny if you actually called my work inquiring about the cost of building an anti aircraft battery, they would want you to fax over blueprints though before they would quote you, cause we only make things how the customer wants them, so if they get something and its not right, its because they gave us the wrong design.
Well, it will function like an Anti-Aircraft battery, but look like a toaster, so its all good.

Skinkie
01-16-2007, 10:23 PM
what if it looked like an anti-aircraft battery, but was actually a toaster?

Samnmax221
01-16-2007, 10:30 PM
what if it looked like an anti-aircraft battery, but was actually a toaster?
Race you to the Patent Office.

SyntheticGerbil
01-17-2007, 12:50 AM
What exactly do you do in this Cybernations thing?

Can you incite racism, riots, and rebels?

Poopdogjr
01-17-2007, 12:51 AM
God I love you guys. I bow in awe of your kickassawesomeness.

Shmargin
01-17-2007, 01:41 AM
God I love you guys. I bow in awe of your kickassawesomeness.

'Bout time we get some recognition!

And we need to contact Websters about getting Kickasawsomeness into the dictionary. That word would get you some kickassawsomeness points in Scrabble!