PDA

View Full Version : My Wii is broken ><

BongoBob
01-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I took it to school because my teacher said we could play it, popped it Wii sports, we bowled and played tennis for about 40 minutes, unhooked it, went to Target, bought Warioware Smooth Moves, went home, hooked up the Wii and guess what. No f***in video. Now, I took the UTMOST care. I put it in the padded part of my backpack. I didn't slam my backpack around or anything.

I turn it on, I get sound, but no video. Just f***ing lovely. So now I get to wait for my cousin to get off work so I can see if his cables will work. If not, I get to send my Wii to Nintendo.

I swear to god it's all a conspicy to keep me from playing Warioware ><

coupes.
01-19-2007, 04:46 PM
You could probably use some Viiagra....

*runs*

Det. Bart Lasiter
01-19-2007, 04:52 PM
You could probably use some Viiagra....

*runs*
Oh snap Bongo this is your second ownage in one day how do you feel?

In terms of the Wii's problems though, better that than

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/12/14/nwii14b.jpg

Jeff
01-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Hmm, that's odd. Hope your cousin's cables work for ya.

BongoBob
01-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Well after reading up some stuff, I've decided to try just leaving it unplugged until my cousin gets home. Apparently that **** might fix it.

Datheus
01-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Make sure that you've got the AV cables plugged into the right jacks. If you plug the left or right sound channel into video, you'll get sound, but no video.

You may have just have snapped the cable if you had it wound up in your bag at 180 degree angles, though.

Lightsaberboy
01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Did you push the AV cables in the right places all the way in?

Commander Obi-Wan
01-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I've been fortunate that my Wii is in prime condition still. I've transported it around quite a lot and I have had no problems with it. The only problem I have is trying to get it hooked up to the internet.

Hope you can fix it, soon.

Boba Rhett
01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Yipes! I hope you can find out what the problem is without having to send it in.

Bob Lion54
01-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Just a quick suggestion because something similar happened to me with a DVD player.

If you're cousin's cables do not work, try it out on a different television. The hook-ups on the television can go bad too. I actually bought a new DVD player only to find out it didn't work either, so I tried it on a different television and it worked perfectly.

You might want to try that before you send it in. Just in case.

jon_hill987
01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I took it to school

That is your problem right there.

NEVER take a games console to school!

RoxStar
01-19-2007, 10:18 PM
NEVER take a games console to school!

I would question your reasoning but your supporting arguments are enough.

:p

BongoBob
01-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, I tried it on 3 different tvs, with two different AV cords, and I even tried my cord on her Wii and it worked, so it's just my Wii.

So I called up the big N and they're sending me a replacement one out on monday, so it should be here by thursday. Their customer support is just plain awsome.

There was one stupid thing the guy said to me that I almost called him out on but I didn't because he was extremely nice. The thing is, what is my problem? My Wii works, but I get no video. This man tells me this. "Back up your saves onto your SD card before you send us back the wii." >.> <.<

But I do have a plan. My cousin let me borrow her Wii because she wasn't going to be able to play it until sunday anyways, so what I'm going to do is this. Set up another tv next to mine. Then hook up her Wii to one and mine to the other. Because of the sounds it makes when you hover the cursor over something and the rumble, in addition to the rather accurate sensing (where you're pointing the wiimote at is where the cursor is), I'm going to use hers to tell where all the buttons are, and then using that as a guide hopefully I'll be able to back up all my saves. Because if I lose my completed Zelda save I'm going to go ape****.

Also jon_hill, this isn't exactly the first time I've taken my wii, or any other console for that matter, to school. And today wasn't even a full day. Plus I ALWAYS take insane care of my systems when I take them anywhere. I get the feeling that it would have done it without me taking it anywhere anyways.

But at least I am able to play Warioware, and it kicks ass.

TiE23
01-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh snap Bongo this is your second ownage in one day how do you feel?

In terms of the Wii's problems though, better that than

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/12/14/nwii14b.jpg

Pfft, that's nothing. I was at my friend's place playing 3-player Wii tennis. Never have a lefty on your right, and a righty on your left and stand in the middle as they both try to do a back-hand. Check this out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/th_wii-injury.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/wii-injury.jpg)
(Click)

Typing is a bitch cause I can't see and my friends tell me that they look the exact same. Hurts like a bitch. But we're laughing it up. I'm settling out of court for $50 each, lawl.

Also, this couldn't be a Photoshop, I mean, both of my eyes are swollen shut, how could I make a quick Photoshop?

: P

Rabish Bini
01-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Holy f*** TiE23. That would kill, ouch.

@BongoBob - Sory about your Wii, but at least you're getting a new one.

Darth Groovy
01-20-2007, 12:51 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I got Wii problems of my own. I can't get the damn USB Wi-Fi to work. I'm on my second one. It might be my computer...but I just don't know. As far as I can see, the USB is all up to snuff, but my Wii won't connect with it. I am hoping they make some sort of hard line adapter for us who are not on wireless internet, because I have a ton of points to burn, and I love downloading those old Super Nintendo titles. These usb wi-fi adapters are craptastical in my opinion.

coupes.
01-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Can you change the channel on which you brodcast with the usb adapter ? If so, try the channel 1...

BongoBob
01-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Well my plan kind of worked. Except for the fact that I had no second pair of cords. SOOOOOO I ended up basically memorizing the steps to copy a file to an sd card.

Anyhow, I got all the saves except for Rapala, which is my dads anyways and he's being an ass right now so I don't care :xp:

Also, I'm thinking of calling up nintendo support just to ask em where I can get the music they play when they put you on hold. Because it was like a full on orchestral version of Zelda music. It was ****ing awsome.\

@ Grooves, listen to coupes. See if you can change the channel it broadcasts on to 1 or 11.

@ TiE:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/th_wii-injury.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/wii-injury.jpg)
(Click)

This is a shop. I can tell from pixels, and having seen many shops in my time.

TiE23
01-20-2007, 01:45 AM
... Notice the ": P" at the end of my post?

Commander Obi-Wan
01-20-2007, 01:47 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I got Wii problems of my own. I can't get the damn USB Wi-Fi to work. I'm on my second one. It might be my computer...but I just don't know. As far as I can see, the USB is all up to snuff, but my Wii won't connect with it. I am hoping they make some sort of hard line adapter for us who are not on wireless internet, because I have a ton of points to burn, and I love downloading those old Super Nintendo titles. These usb wi-fi adapters are craptastical in my opinion.

And if it makes you feel better, Grooves. I am experiencing the same problems. So, I haven't been able to connect the Wii online yet. :(

Though, I don't have any Wii points since I don't want any of the old school games yet.

Here are some of the accessories that are for the Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/738/738362p1.html

The Lan Adapter at the bottom is not out yet. But, they said it was suppose to be released in January. But, it'd figure you'd know when they come in 'cause of your job.

Lynk Former
01-20-2007, 04:00 AM
I haven't had any problems with my Wii :p

BongoBob
01-20-2007, 12:54 PM
... Notice the ": P" at the end of my post?

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/00/Shopped-Saddam.jpg

Lurk moar :p

Darth Groovy
01-21-2007, 04:29 AM
I pluged the usb adapter into the little extension thingy, and now it's working...

Go figure?

Least it's working for now...

BongoBob
01-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear that it's working. What VC games are you gonna get?

A thought I had was OH SHI- I'M GOING TO LOSE ALL MY MIIS!

Then I realized that the week before I had discovered the ability to put Miis on your Wiimote and thankfully backed up the 3 main ones, so I dodged a bullet right there.

However, the only thing I couldn't back up was my Wii address book, and once I get the new one I'll have a new friend code, so I'll have to re-post my new code and re-add everyone.

Q
01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
So I called up the big N and they're sending me a replacement one out on monday, so it should be here by thursday. Their customer support is just plain awsome.
Sounds like it. :)

Yet another reason why if in the unlikely event I were to invest in a console, it would be a Wii. The fact that it's cheap doesn't hurt, either.

Darth Groovy
01-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Glad to hear that it's working. What VC games are you gonna get?

So far I got:

Ice Hockey
Street Fighter II
Castlevania IV
Super Mario Bros
Sonic The Hedgehog
Legend Of Zelda

Then last night I downloaded Toejam and Earl.

Like I say, Nintendo hooked us up with 7500 points so I got room for more. I'm waiting for some of my other favorites to pop up on there soon.

Lynk Former
01-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Virtual Console Game Reviews: http://www.meanmachinesmag.co.uk/wii/

I only have Sonic and Donkey Kong Country... I'd have more but you can't find Wii Points Cards anywhere down here at the moment and I'm too paranoid to use a credit card.

rozo100
01-22-2007, 07:59 AM
street fighter II Sweet! Man i soooooo want a Wii! *sigh*
Well maybe after my birthday I'll have enough to get it on half.com....
Geez jmac what happend to yer eye??

Jeff
01-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I have non yet, but there aren't too many out that I'm interested in...

BongoBob
01-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Virtual Console Game Reviews: http://www.meanmachinesmag.co.uk/wii/

I only have Sonic and Donkey Kong Country... I'd have more but you can't find Wii Points Cards anywhere down here at the moment and I'm too paranoid to use a credit card.

Lucky bastards get DKC ><

IG-64
01-22-2007, 10:03 AM
To tell the truth, most virtual console of the games I would be interested in I already have on the actual consoles. :p

However, there are still several I either never had, or used to have a long time ago and would like to play. Particularly Zelda games. I had never really played any of the Zelda games before Twilight Princess but now I wanna try the older ones. Well, I have played A link to the past and OOT before for like, 5 minutes, but that's it.

I also haven't played Super Mario 64 in years, because we sold it for some strange reason. And I haven't played Street Fighter II since I was like, 7.
But I still remember the "spinning bird kick" Chun-Li did where it sounded like she said something like "king star kick!" but I don't know what she was actually saying. >_>

And there are also some other games I'd like them to add, and will probably get them if they do.

BongoBob
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Well, I my replacement Wii has shipped, and should be here within 2-3 business days. So it should be here at the latest thursday. The UPS tracking number isn't working yet, so I'll have to wait until tonight to try it again and see where it's at.

Lynk Former
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I think at the moment the best thing to get for VC are the Turbografix games... if you haven't tried them, you should. Oh and those of the Genesis VS SNES wars who took a side and haven't played the other lol.

abespam
01-23-2007, 03:16 AM
how did u get turobografix games lynk? There not available in aust.

and if ur gonna say the trick where u change the region to uk, the latest firmware update stopped that.

Lynk Former
01-23-2007, 03:43 AM
I don't have any turbografix games, but everyone around the net who can download the games have said that they're SO worth it.

It sucks though, Australians always get screwed over with crap like this.

Johnpp
01-23-2007, 05:00 AM
^True, Very true. America's lame!

BongoBob
01-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Scheduled Delivery: 01/24/2007

Looks like I'll be playing Warioware tomorrow :D

Also, I found this interesting. This is what the order states on my nintendo.com account...

55853 LBL, RETURN ADV REPL-UPSGROUND-US 1 $0.00

61580 INSERT, GAMECUBE ADV RPL PACKET-US 1 $0.00

62626 KIT, POWER SWAP CONSOLE WHITE RVL 1 $200.00

62944 WII REMOTE SAFETY INSERT 1 $0.00

First of all, it says Gamecube Adv. Replacement Packet. Second of all, it doesn't say Wii, it says White RVL. Looks like even nintendo still calls it the Revolution :D

IG-64
01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks like even nintendo still calls it the Revolution :D
Of course they still call it revolution, that's their code name for it, look at the bottom of your wiimote, right under the extension plug, says it on the bottom of the console too. They did the same thing with Gamecube as well, it says "DOL" (for "project dolphin").

BongoBob
01-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Well I got it today. Unfortunately, I think the drive may have an issue on the new one. I fired er up, synced up my Wiimote, and set it up. I went to put it Wii Sports, it went in, but it kept making the noise, and it spat it back out partially, then went in the rest and I heard it click. Later, I put in Rayman, and it did the same, except it spat out it out all the way. I put it back in, and it went in fine. I've since put in Zelda twice and it didn't have a problem at all.

It's gonna piss me off if I have to send back the replacement one too -_-

Boba Rhett
01-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Bob... could this may just be God's way of telling you that you should send your Wii to me? Think about it. :carms:

BongoBob
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not it :xp: