PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs. Wii vs. Xbox360

Jedi Atomic
02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I've wondered which console to get, but I was wondering what you guys think about these systems. I'm planning on getting a PS3, because it will be better in time, I believe. I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts about which system would be best, in different categories, though. (like # of games; quality of games; and such.)

Johnpp
02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, it depends on what type of games you like. I, myself, would go for a 360. But that's just me.

Diego Varen
02-02-2007, 01:05 AM
It is between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for me. When the PS3 comes out, I shall see what reviews it gets and if it gets good reviews, I'll get the PS3. If not, I'll get the 360.

Rabish Bini
02-02-2007, 04:51 AM
I would advise NOT getting the PS3. Most expensive plus I heard it's pretty poor.
Get an xbox 360 if you like good sport/fighting/console games. Wii if you like games like Warioware. It's up to you.

Jedi Atomic
02-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Most expensive plus I heard it's pretty poor.

Yes, but the PS3 is newer than the Xbox 360. If you would compare them side by side with a timeline they would be pretty similar. Yes PS3 is having a poor start but, hey its just came out, not very long ago, meaning not very many games, right away. just wait.......

It is between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for me. When the PS3 comes out, I shall see what reviews it gets and if it gets good reviews, I'll get the PS3. If not, I'll get the 360.

The PS3 came out in November, just to let you know.

King Dando
02-02-2007, 04:21 PM
For me, its a choice between Wii and Xbox 360, or both, If I had the money :)

The PS3 came out in November, just to let you know.

Not in Europe and Australia, doesnt come out until March. I'm not bothered, I dont really want one.

Ctrl Alt Del
02-02-2007, 04:42 PM
hmmm, if I was going to get a PS3, I think I would wait a little more... Just heard a (un)official note that they will lower the (really)high price.

Rabish Bini
02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Yes, but the PS3 is newer than the Xbox 360. If you would compare them side by side with a timeline they would be pretty similar. Yes PS3 is having a poor start but, hey its just came out, not very long ago, meaning not very many games, right away. just wait.......

My mates in countries that have got it already it say it's pretty poor, so i'm just going by them.
And it doesn't matter if it's newer, it can still be worse, which I predict it most likely will be.
It's your choice however.

Jedi Atomic
02-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Hmm.....just wondering, but what do you mean by it's pretty poor?

One of my classmates has a PS3 and says he likes the graphics more-so than Xbox 360. One of the other Xbox 360 fanatics(classmate) had to admit that the PS3 has certain things better of than the Xbox 360, like free internet and the built-in expansions on PS3 unlike the Xbox 360(where you have to purchase things like internet seperately.)

Johnpp
02-04-2007, 05:16 AM
PS3 has built in internet?

Now, I like the Xbox, but I think my mind (If I ever get the choice) will change too PS3 becuase that feature.

I can't afford to spend lots o' money on internet.

milo
02-04-2007, 10:29 AM
just wait.......

For what?

Jedi Atomic
02-04-2007, 05:01 PM
For what?

just wait for the PS3 to be better in the long run, because right now it is doing worse than the xbox360. but like I said its newer and there is like a total of 10 games for it, which is sad.

Ctrl Alt Del
02-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Also, mind that no game can extract at least 1/3 of the console full power at the beggining; just look at the 360 pre-Gears of War: It was awful, and looked a lot like the original XBox

primalunderdog
02-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Ok here is my review of these systems...and yes I have all 3

PS3: The PS3 looked good at first* you can surf the web and buy crap right from the dashboard. Pretty cool. The games havea pretty good FPS and visual glare that the 360 does not have. Graphics are good but are still bested by 360. Most of all its freakin 600 bucks. This was not worth the money. My computer cost 650 and I can do alot more with it than this.

Xbox 360: My first of the next gen...well it freezes every now and then but not that big of a problem. Privite chat sytem is cool but i wish you could more than 1 person. Graphics are the best out of the 3 but could change by by next year becuase the PS3 has way more potential power( but the 360 does too ). has the most and best games out right now.

Wii: I dont know why people compare this to the next gen systems. It is not about graphics. First off dont buy redsteel. The controller is realy cool. It has a speaker in it. Best of all its motion based not button. Though it does have buttons on it. Graphics are the worst of the nex gen but when I have freinds over guess what we play first.

grievous797
02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Heck, get a wii. A wii pwns all.

Samurai DD
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
WII RULES!!! And a 360 is the best after it. Sony sucks crap.

Jedi Atomic
02-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I can't argue with that, that a Wii rocks, it's amazing my friend has it Problem is....we only play Wii Sports...... That has to be the best game for it most likely Wii Play too when it comes out, until Super Smash Bros comes out for Wii, that'll be the best game for the Wii.

primalunderdog
02-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah dont get a PS3 its total crap.

Sony released 250k systems to feed a population of 3 million WTF?!?!?!
( and it sucks )

Carlo El Sanchez
02-08-2007, 02:21 AM
What a thread for my return post. Sorry iv been away with no explination for awhile, my comp had a really bad virus and i had to re format it. I think the Xbox 360 is the best but thats from my prospective, the 360 has the strongest power and the best gaming graphics out there, despite i own one myself it is because my first console was an Xbox and i bought one for the game sequels and stuff...the PS3 in my opinion is no diferent to Xbox 360, besides its lame price and blu-ray dvd, and ofcoarse (worse) games. Wii is cool..not so much for me, but it cant be matched to PS3 or 360 for the reason that it supports the next-gen of realism and interactive gameplay, where it is not important how great the graphics or power is. I sugest if you previously owned a PS2 and love its games, get a PS3, same for Xbox 360...if you had an Xbox get it.

Sabretooth
02-08-2007, 02:38 AM
I always thought the PS3 would own,k but considering Sony's foolishness, I dropped the idea. The Wii looks fun, but the game selection isn't particularly amusing. So I decided to stick with the X360. It's got an excellent selection of games and has just about everything you'd want. :D

Rabish Bini
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Wii>Xbox 360>PS3

That about sums it up, don't ya think?

primalunderdog
02-08-2007, 09:44 AM
What a thread for my return post. Sorry iv been away with no explination for awhile, my comp had a really bad virus and i had to re format it. I think the Xbox 360 is the best but thats from my prospective, the 360 has the strongest power and the best gaming graphics out there, despite i own one myself it is because my first console was an Xbox and i bought one for the game sequels and stuff...the PS3 in my opinion is no diferent to Xbox 360, besides its lame price and blu-ray dvd, and ofcoarse (worse) games. Wii is cool..not so much for me, but it cant be matched to PS3 or 360 for the reason that it supports the next-gen of realism and interactive gameplay, where it is not important how great the graphics or power is. I sugest if you previously owned a PS2 and love its games, get a PS3, same for Xbox 360...if you had an Xbox get it.

First off the PS3 has been out about a year less than the 360. Therefore you cant realy say that it has less power becuase it does not. The 360 is not all that powerful. Being out a year before the PS3 also means that it has more games. ( not better ones ) The PS3 just needs some time.

Jedi Atomic
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
First off the PS3 has been out about a year less than the 360. Therefore you cant realy say that it has less power becuase it does not. The 360 is not all that powerful. Being out a year before the PS3 also means that it has more games. ( not better ones ) The PS3 just needs some time.

Finally someones actually agrees with what I'm thinking and saying. Me and my friends were loking at many sites of comparisons, both seem to be the same, except for the Blue Ray, which I don't really care much about. "Oooh a different disc thingy."........................

Rabish Bini
02-09-2007, 04:08 AM

By the time PS3 gets going, everyone wuld already have a 360 or Wii.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 04:55 AM
Most people own an Xbox 360 by now anyway, and a Wii dosn't > Xbox 360!!, they may be different consoles with Wii being interactive and all but compared to graphics, gameplay and power...Nintendo Wii looks like a Nintendo 64 when compared to 360. And Xbox 360 for me has way better games than PS3, i mean come on...iv read Sony state that "their Halo" is Metal Gear Solid lol!...that's one of the lamest things i have ever heard.

Rabish Bini
02-09-2007, 04:58 AM
^I agree. 360 pwnz. But so does a Wii and Metal Gear. I like them all.

Lynk Former
02-09-2007, 07:26 AM
@ Jedi Atomic: You have no excuse for not getting a Wii. But as for the Xbox360 and PS3, you'll have do decide between the two. My suggestion is to get a Wii+PS3 or Wii+Xbox360 combo. Choosing between the PS3 and Xbox360 will greatly depend on what kind of games you're into. There will be some exclusive titles that will appear only for the PS3 and only for the Xbox360, but the majority of games will end up being on both console anywayz. The PS3 may be "newer" but it and the 360 are on a very equal playing field when it comes right down to it.

@ AkumaSF: Wii will have more than just games like WarioWare.

@ Carlo El Sanchez: Yes, when it comes down to raw power and graphical output, the Xbox360 has the Wii beat, but Wii has so much the Xbox360 doesn't have and won't ever have. The smartest thing anyone could do is go for a Wii+ combo. Hell, I'd do it if it wasn't for the fact that I have absolutely no room to put a 360 or PS3!

Oh all of that raw power and graphics won't matter if a s*** game is still a s*** game. How about we all stop jerking around the idea that it's the consoles alone that make games great and get down to where the real action is. The damn games themselves.

But I do agree that it's lame to call Metal Gear Solid 4, Sony's "Halo"... MGS is a much more intelligent game than Halo ever was and ever will be.

Bob Lion54
02-09-2007, 07:56 AM
You have got to try Madden on the Wii. Its awesome.

Overall, I like the Wii. The game selection isn't great yet, but the system is still pretty new. Of course, they are updating the library of classic games you can download all the time. Its great to be able to play the original Zelda again! Its also the only console worth playing a FPS on, in my opinion. Red Steel is horrible overall, but its still fun when you first get the system.

I may get a 360 eventually, but not anytime soon. I really only play PC games myself.

PS3... well, lets just say I'm not impressed. Graphics are great. If all you care about is graphics then get a PS3, I guess. I've only played one at Best Buy. Its basically what you would expect. Nice graphics but more of the same.

I guess that about covers my thoughts...

primalunderdog
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Techincaly the PS3 has the most power.....personaly I could not care less about halo anymore. I used to play Halo 2 online until 1 in 3 people were hackers. MGS is realy a great game that some people just cant see. Does this mean ima get a PS3? Hell no!!

600 dollars for a more "powerful" system
or
400 for a more developed system thats fun as hell?

Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
But I do agree that it's lame to call Metal Gear Solid 4, Sony's "Halo"... MGS is a much more intelligent game than Halo ever was and ever will be.

Lol, i agree with everything you said except that. Halo is alot better more fun gameplay i recon.

Lynk Former
02-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Halo is fun with its online multiplayer, but then again a tonne of FPS games that go online are like that, therefore that is the only advantage Halo has over MGS... But when it comes down to the story and one player action, etc... like I said, MGS is a MUCH more intelligent game than Halo. It's not me simply saying that Halo sucks, it's me bored with these standard FPS games cause I've played em all. They bore me.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, i agree with you there.

Johnpp
02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
The best way to play a multiplayer game is a either to play a LAN or sort it out with you're freinds and have a hard password. Otherwise you will get people joining telling you how to play properly or 'Don't kill me, I am not ready!'. If it is just you and you're freinds or brothers or sisters it's much more fun than people you don't even know telling you how to play a game.

Rabish Bini
02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
@Lynk: I know Wii has different type of games than Warioware, but that one looks the best.

Boba Rhett
02-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I'd like to get a Wii and then, later on, a 360. I've been struggling for a long time now to try and find a Wii but to no avail. It's really making me think about getting a 360 first and just putting off the Wii. I really really would like to avoid doing that but I've barely even seen the Wii games, let alone the system. It's a terrible shame that it's coming down to availability instead of a consoles merits. :(

Carlo El Sanchez
02-10-2007, 12:41 AM
^ If you get headaches easily, from fast moving and dizzy camera angles dont get a Wii. Trust me, the camera views and moving are terribly hard to control, especialy on Red Steel. Go for a Xbox 360 or PS3.

Boba Rhett
02-10-2007, 01:24 AM
But that's a gameplay mechanic that is bound to vary drastically between games.

Lynk Former
02-10-2007, 02:58 AM
^ If you get headaches easily, from fast moving and dizzy camera angles dont get a Wii. Trust me, the camera views and moving are terribly hard to control, especialy on Red Steel. Go for a Xbox 360 or PS3.
Uh... Carlo. You get fast moving and dizzy camera angles from a lot of action oriented games no matter what platform they're on. Don't tell me you put the sensitivity on your games down to 0 or something.

Hell, the camera moved faster for me on Perfect Dark and GoldenEye more than it did on Red Steel and I have my settings for Red Steel on maximum. I like my FPS games to play where I don't actually see my target, but I know I got a headshot and am already onto the next.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Uh... Carlo. You get fast moving and dizzy camera angles from a lot of action oriented games no matter what platform they're on. Don't tell me you put the sensitivity on your games down to 0 or something.

Hell, the camera moved faster for me on Perfect Dark and GoldenEye more than it did on Red Steel and I have my settings for Red Steel on maximum. I like my FPS games to play where I don't actually see my target, but I know I got a headshot and am already onto the next.

Lol, no a Wii has really bad camera angles and when you face the nunchuck off the tv the camera goes spinning wildly...terrible. And ahh Red Steel graphics, alot like graphics of an original PS2 title, not great if Nintendo call Wii next-gen gaming, but in interactive circumstances i supose it works. Also i had Perfect Dark Zero on Xbox 360 when i bought it, i played it for about half an hour and returned it becuase it not only gave me a headache...but had weird gameplay, thats just me though. :)
Im very very picky when it comes to games, i aint a gamer that will have played nearly every game of its genre. I like a very few range of games.

Lynk Former
02-10-2007, 05:35 AM
No, that's Red Steel. Red Steel is a very crappy game. That's not the hardware's fault, it's the developers fault. Big difference.

Carlo El Sanchez
02-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah, and the Wii bundle my friend bought came with a free racing game developed by Ubisoft, with the graphics of PS1 or maybe even worse...they put no effect in it at all. Anyway im going to sleep now fellow Australian, good night.

Lynk Former
02-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Yeah, everyone else is, but i'm not very thrilled with Ubisoft at the moment...

primalunderdog
02-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, everyone else is, but i'm not very thrilled with Ubisoft at the moment...

Why? Ubisoft is making Crysis which is gonna be the best game for the next year!

Lynk Former
02-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Uh... last I heard, EA and Crytek Studios were working on Crysis... NOT Ubisoft. So I don't really need to mention that I was referring to Ubisoft's current efforts with Wii since you made no point lol.

Johnpp
02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
UbiSoft made Rayman did they not?

They were a little fun.

BTW: I am Aussie too!

Carlo El Sanchez
02-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Crysis looks boring, no offence to alot of fans on LF but it looks like any old military shooter with good GoW style graphics.

primalunderdog
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
GoW sucks though. Plus its runs of a diff engine so the graphics look alot diffrent. Crysis has one hell of an engine behind it.

Oh and sorry for the mistake on Ubisoft making Crysis

Rogue Spy
02-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Excuse me ? GoW sucks does it ? I happen to own a 360 and have passed GoW and pretty much the whole majority of Xbox 360 gamers like me would agree its a hell of a great, amazing, fun as game. Also i don't think Crysis will be that big even if it does have nifty graphics, after all most games have more success on the far more superior Xbox 360, iv even read myself that the developers of Half-Life and Doom claim Xbox 360 is the dominate console or anything gaming of the seventh generation. It owns Wii, PS3 and PC.

Lynk Former
02-25-2007, 06:17 AM
@ Rogue Spy:

- I think he may have mistaken "GoW" for "God of War" instead of "Gears of War"... maybe, cause he's nuts if he's saying that Gears of War's graphics suck XD

- Gears of War is cool but it happens to be the only really decent thing on Xbox360 at the moment apart from Xbox Live itself. The Xbox360, at the moment, has very few defining games but it's still early days.

- No comment about Crysis, I personally don't care. I may play it since I've played pretty much everything else XD

- No offence, but what does the opinion of Valve and iD have anything to do with... well, anything?

- This whole idea of Xbox360 dominance is an illusion. The fact that the 360 leads is because it launched a year earlier than Wii and PS3. But when it all comes down to it, within 3 months and a couple of weeks, Nintendo has almost sold half as many units of Wii's as Microsoft has sold Xbox360s on a worldwide scale. Take note, Xbox360 has been selling for well over a year now.

Don't misunderstand me though, all I'm saying is that this seemingly strong dominance is very much in peoples heads.

Rogue Spy
02-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Well i never!...you put that very well indeed! i agree with you on every aspect.

Mercid
02-28-2007, 04:49 AM
Gears of War is cool but it happens to be the only really decent thing on Xbox360 at the moment apart from Xbox Live itself. The Xbox360, at the moment, has very few defining games but it's still early days.
You seem to have forgotten Oblivion...
And wasn't there already been a pole on this?(<-I'm pretty sure those words have already been said on this thread...)

Back to topic:I'll stick with my 360, the wii looks ok but I'm not going to buy one.
I'll probably just convince one of my friends to buy it and mooch game time off them.

Lynk Former
02-28-2007, 05:45 AM
I thought Oblivion was pretty damn overrated.... *looks around* plus this thread doesn't have a poll :p

Mercid
02-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Oblivion? Overrated? I didn't rate it, and I didn't get it because of a review or something I read online.
Oblivion might be overrated but it's still a fun game...

Lynk Former
02-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Twilight Princess is a hellova good, fun game too... but it's still not what I would consider a game that defines Wii.

Oblivion is the same way.

Mercid
02-28-2007, 06:07 AM
Speaking of which, does anyone know a good game just to sit down and play? Not anything like oblivion where you have to build up your character, just something that you can pick up and play without getting addicted to.

stingerhs
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
^^^^
Quake 4
Doom 3
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Counterstrike: Source
F.E.A.R.
Halo
Gears of War

and a note: any game can be addictive. some genres are more addictive than others. turn-based strategy and rpg's are probably the most addicting types of games. real-time strategy and shooters tend to be the least addictive, especially if you play multiplayer matches, but if you really start getting into it, they can be just as bad as other genres.

the ones i mentioned have strong singleplayer experiences (except for HL2: DM and CS: Source), and its easier to turn away from those games than something like a turn-based strategy game in which you have this whole "just one more turn" deal going on.

Jedi Atomic
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Since you guys mentioned a poll, I've added one to it. Vote away!

MachineCult
02-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I voted Xbox 360, as 1. It's the only one of the three I have 2. It has the most games that appeal to me, and 3. the Wii looks really daft.

Mercid
02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
3. the Wii looks really daft.
Not quite sure what you mean by "daft" MC.

Rogue Spy
03-01-2007, 03:25 AM
I have completed basicly everything there is to do on Oblivion, and yes it's a heck of a GREAT game! man oh man is it good, and Mercid, daft means stupid and dumb, and nothing really gets threw or sinks in the Wii. Tons of great games are on Xbox 360 and soon to come, such as: Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Halo 3, Bladestorm and alot more. I voted 360 coz i own one and its the best damn console out there at the moment...iv even read that the developers/creators of Doom and Half-Life admit that Microsoft's technology is far beyond Sony and that PS3 has failed to overcome being the next-gen king of consoles...in your face Sony, your arrogance and over confidence got the better of you! Still you hear alot more on 360 than PS3, despite PS3 being released a year later.

Lynk Former
03-01-2007, 03:25 AM
daft = stupid (pretty much), but of course it's gonna LOOk stupid, you're meant to actually play it to get what it's all about :p

Playing = Believing

Q
03-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Those of you in Europe, Asia and Australia should check this (http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6166437/index.html?tag=nl.e576) out. As if we all needed another reason to hate Sony.

Thanks to Negative Sun for the link.:)

Mercid
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
daft = stupid (pretty much)
Oh I know what daft means, I just didn't know what he meant in context.

Lynk Former
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
@ Mercid: What context do you need?! XD

@ Qliveur: I could've told you all that Sony was gonna screw you over a long time ago XD

Q
03-02-2007, 04:30 AM
^^^Actually you did, and I listened. I would never buy a PS3.:)

Rogue Spy
03-02-2007, 04:42 AM
^ Good thinking my friend.

Johnpp
03-02-2007, 05:44 AM
^ Are you a Xbox fan? If so, good thinkin'.

Lynk Former
03-02-2007, 07:20 AM
@ Rogue Spy: You know, the reason Valve and iD said what they said is because the 360 is just a PC in a console shell. Of course they're gonna find it easier to develop for and get things done for it. The cell architecture is extremely new and has pretty much undiscovered capability. But anyway, like I said before, what does what Valve and iD say have anything to do with anything? There have been quite a lot of developers who have picked the PS3 over the Xbox360 saying that it is superior too.

Oh and Bladestorm and Assassins Creed = PS3 as well.

But yeah, I do like the 360 over the PS3, the only thing good I can find about the PS3 at the moment is that it has Metal Gear Solid 4.

But in the end Wii just absolutely rocks :p

Mercid
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Well what do these "developers" have to say about the wii?
And assassin's creed is also coming out on the xbox360.

Lynk Former
03-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Some developers say very nice things, some developers say it's not their kind of console. It's pretty much exactly the same as how it's going with the 360 and PS3. The biggest difference I'm seeing with Wii is that smaller developers are flocking to it licky crazy and indie developers want to have their games on Wii. This may not seem like much to you, but this exactly how Sony grew so powerful in the first place.

And yes, I know Assassin's Creed is coming to 360, I was trying to say that two of those games you listed were cross platform games so it was pointless to name them.

darth plumber
05-16-2007, 12:16 AM
I went to Six Flags and they had this thing called the wii experience it was this room where you could play the wii and it was really really fun!!! i just played golf and boxing and it was awsome! i also like the Xbox360 because of Xbox live and gears of war. theps3 sucks, compared to the wii and the 360 atleast. all that i think the wii has going for it is second life, and i wouldn't play that anyways because i vowed to never play online games again cause I always spend to much time on them and sit in front of the computer too long. but, yeah i would like to have a wii and a 360.