PDA

View Full Version : Videos

HK-42
02-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I've been at the Ahto and have seen a surprising amount of Videos. This might not be regarded a good idea to others, but wouldn't it be easier to have a sub-forum for Videos/Clips/Trailers/etc?

Taos
02-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Not really. As long as they are appropriate and of a non-kotor nature, Ahto is where they belong. Much easier keeping the off-topic things in one forum, without it being spread around.

Sabretooth
02-06-2007, 08:18 AM
That reminds me, I have a request regarding video. I saw on the BBCode website that there is a tag that allows you to post YouTube videos into posts. Considering the fact that most videos posted here are from YouTube, I thought it was a good idea to try and implement the tag in the forums. Is it possible, or does it need some other version of vB?

Taos
02-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Since none of the admin types have answered, I will attempt to do so in my own little way [lol].

I'm sure we probably could do it, our coders have l33t sk1llz [tm]. But unless there is some sort of arrangement with youtube, I doubt it will ever happen. I can say I know nothing about coding or anything like that, I just mod the forums here...but can't you continue to just copy/paste?

Det. Bart Lasiter
02-08-2007, 01:11 AM
But then how are we supposed to slow page load times to a crawl...?

Sabretooth
02-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Naw well, it was just an idea. :)

Jeff
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
The youtube vbcode would be easy to implement, its just an administrative decision whether to do it or not.