PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Peek at 3D Animated Clone Wars Yoda.

Monkey Mania
02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2007/02/19toyfair07-1.jpg

Intriguing....

Lightsaberboy
02-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Boba Fett's gonna be in the live-action series? or are they just teasing us?

Monkey Mania
02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I guess he is.

IG-64
02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
If Genndy is working on clone wars still (even though it's CG), it should be awesome. If not... I have a bad feeling about this.

And that might not be Boba Fett. Did Boba Fett ever wear red armor?

Boba Rhett
02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
His helmet has red on it like that, yes.

Jeff
02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Pretty neat. I'm looking forward to all three of those things.

Pho3nix
02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I actually liked Genndy Tartakovsky's way of animating the Clone Wars microseries 'cartoon', so I'm not sure what to think of the CGI show.

2009 seems so far away it may take a while for the hype to start for me...:p

rozo100
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
hmmmm.... a tv series? damn i hope i can get more channels by then!

BongoBob
02-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I really do hope Genndy is involved in the TV series, because his take on the Clone Wars animated series kicked amounts of ass not seen in a long time.

IG-64
02-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I really do hope Genndy is involved in the TV series, because his take on the Clone Wars animated series kicked amounts of ass not seen in a long time.
Genndy made Grievous one of the coolest star wars characters and George's episode 3 Count Chocula version did not do it any justice.

BongoBob
02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Genndy made Grievous one of the coolest star wars characters and George's episode 3 Count Chocula version did not do it any justice.

Quoted for f***ing truth.

jebbers
02-11-2007, 09:28 PM
If Genndy is working on clone wars still (even though it's CG), it should be awesome. If not... I have a bad feeling about this.

And that might not be Boba Fett. Did Boba Fett ever wear red armor?

I'm shocked you don't know what "Bucket Head" looks like! :eek:

Jeff
02-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Genndy made Grievous one of the coolest star wars characters and George's episode 3 Count Chocula version did not do it any justice.Maybe, but the movies always come before anything else in terms of canon. Besides, I thought Grievous was a pretty potent fighter in the movies, theres just no way he can stand up against a Jedi master.

Tinny
02-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Yeah man, to me the clone wars cartoon were more cannon than the prequels.

Sabretooth
02-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Woah, that's like stupid cartoon-like graphics. I was expecting uber-rots-bashing-graphics-techno. :(

@IG: Totally. Grievous was too cool. Would have been fun if all the prequels had been handed over to Genndy. :D

Pie™
02-12-2007, 06:22 AM
If the live-action series is about Boba Fett they have an humongous amount of material to choose from. Could prove to be very interesting.

IG-64
02-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm shocked you don't know what "Bucket Head" looks like! :eek:
I've never seen him with red armor like that. I'm not to up with the EU so I don't know all of the weird crap that goes on in-between the movies.

jebbers
02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I've never seen him with red armor like that. I'm not to up with the EU so I don't know all of the weird crap that goes on in-between the movies.

Neither am I. I just know that Boba Fett has some red on his helmet because of my brother. He has a Boba statue by the computer, so I see it everyday. And he left his poster up in my room of Boba Fett. I also helped him make his Fett cosplay. So I see Fett morning, noon, and night.

In case you haven't figured it out, my brother is a Fett fan. Hardcore.

coupes.
02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Seriously, you need to watch the movies again... now.

Prime
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Woah, that's like stupid cartoon-like graphics. I was expecting uber-rots-bashing-graphics-techno. :(It isn't ment to be photorealistic...

HerbieZ
02-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Am i the only one that thinks that CG cartoon Yoda looks lame?

BongoBob
02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I like it. It seems to have retained a bit of Genndy's versions looks while making the jump.

Commander Obi-Wan
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't mind the Clone Wars series. Though, I prefer the Grievous from the Revenge of the Sith opposed to the Grievous from the cartoon series.

But, I look forward to the TV series.

IG-64
02-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Seriously, you need to watch the movies again... now.
Nevermind, yeah, he has red on his armor. I always pictured it to be just green. Plus there's something about the framing in that picture that threw me off.

Commander Obi-Wan
03-05-2007, 06:28 PM
More from Lucas!

He’s very excited about the animated 3D Clone Wars TV series. He is trying to recreate the ambiance of a SW film in cartoon form – “there won’t be anything on TV like it” – it’ll be “smart ass comedy with contemporary humor.” It won’t be dealing with the Skywalker story. The emphasis is on freedom to portray anything they feel like; for instance some episodes are just about clonetroopers, another features as the main character Kit Fisto. He’s going to make 100 episodes, doesn’t have a network yet.

And here is a couple of links from my sources.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=19183
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/An_Evening_With_George_Lucas_104051.asp

jebbers
03-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I didn't mind the Clone Wars series. Though, I prefer the Grievous from the Revenge of the Sith opposed to the Grievous from the cartoon series.

But the Clone Wars Grievous had to be different. Mace crushes the sith out of his mech body and has it rebuilt better and stronger. That's why in Ep.III he keeps coughing and weezing.

Prime
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Though, I prefer the Grievous from the Revenge of the Sith opposed to the Grievous from the cartoon series.In appearance or behavior?

Commander Obi-Wan
03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
In appearance or behavior?

I suppose appearance. But, that's just due to the animation. And I suppose that's what make each Grievous unique.

Commander Obi-Wan
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Here is a first look of the new Clone Wars animated series.

Next week's biggest Star Wars party ever, Celebration IV, not only commemorates the past 30 years of the saga, but looks forward into the exciting future of Star Wars. Fans at the event will finally get a behind the scenes look at the forthcoming CG-animated television series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, produced by Lucasfilm Animation.

As announced in this story, Producer Catherine Winder and Director Dave Filoni will be on hand to discuss the making of the series. As an extra treat, attendees will get a chance to take home the first ever keepsake of the animated series, a limited edition poster created just for Celebration that showcases some of the stars of the new show.

The Clone Wars panel will run three times on Sunday, May 27 in the Celebration Theater (Room 408AB), at 10:30 am; 12 noon and 1:30 pm. Check the on-site schedule at the event for any changes.

More Clone Wars Coverage to Come
Coming soon, starwars.com will go behind the closed doors of the Lucasfilm Animation headquarters with regular reports on the making of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Get the inside scoop on the animated series direct from the source!

Also, the poster preview of it.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4489/clonewarscelebrationck4.jpg

DarthAve
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
^ Who's that in the middle? she looks mysterious

oh and ZOMG THAT LOOKS AMAZING ~drool~

Pho3nix
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah, looks ****ing cool.

Yoda looks weird though.

JoeDoe 2.0
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
The ARC trooper looks cool
I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Monkey Mania
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
This deserves its own thread.

Black Knight of Keno
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
^ Who's that in the middle? she looks mysterious

Luminara Unduli by what I can make out. The hat is a giveaway in itself.

Otherwise, I think they could've made the jedi a bit better, even if it would be on purpose. The claymation style just doesn't really fit. At least in the poster. I'll get back on the clay-ish outlook when the episodes are out there so I can see them. Also, it seems they've made way more work in detailing the clone troopers than for example Anakin who for my memory never had such a hairdo :p

But that's just picking on small things. The problem with that is that many small things create a complex whole and I cannot live with Anakin lookig like that. Give me mullet or give me death (Too bad for you that I'm not willing to take my life for such a tiny matter. As Nelson would say: Haw-haw!) :D

Monkey Mania
05-18-2007, 04:13 PM

Otherwise, I think they could've made the jedi a bit better, even if it would be on purpose. The claymation style just doesn't really fit. At least in the poster. I'll get back on the clay-ish outlook when the episodes are out there so I can see them. Also, it seems they've made way more work in detailing the clone troopers than for example Anakin who for my memory never had such a hairdo :p

But that's just picking on small things. The problem with that is that many small things create a complex whole and I cannot live with Anakin lookig like that. Give me mullet or give me death (Too bad for you that I'm not willing to take my life for such a tiny matter. As Nelson would say: Haw-haw!) :D

Maybe this is where Anakin is just starting to grow his mullet. Ever think of that?

DarthAve
05-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Hell Yes. Luminara is my second favorite not that famous Jedi from star wars. This is gonna be majorly awesome from the looks of it.

Prime
05-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Looks like a red Twi'lek to me...

Black Knight of Keno
05-19-2007, 04:14 AM
Maybe this is where Anakin is just starting to grow his mullet. Ever think of that?

No, because I know what the first steps of growing a mullet are like and short hair from the back is not one of them... >_>

Monkey Mania
05-19-2007, 12:07 PM
You complain too much.

Jeff
05-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Looks awesome, I hope it lives up to expectations.

jebbers
05-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Possible screencaps?

You Decide (http://www.talesofthenewrepublic.com/)

Bomberman65
06-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Sweet but I thought the other one was set in between AotC and RotS. Isn't this set after RotJ? Where did you find this? Is it official or is this a fan made thing??

coupes.
06-01-2007, 09:14 PM
We can 100% assure you that this is NOT an official Lucasfilm production and is in no way connected to them.I think you have your answer.

Bomberman65
06-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Well when was this made and by who??

jebbers
06-03-2007, 12:33 AM
I get my toy and other Star Wars sources from Rebelscum.com