PDA

View Full Version : Kotor Restoration Project: K1RP Official LF Thread!

SithRevan
02-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Knights of the Old Republic I in my opinion is a really good game with lots of options and I think everyone will agree with me on that. Now what you might all not know, although I am sure most of you do, that KotOR I does have it's flaws and Cut Content which is why I am here today starting this thread.

First of all I want to officially say as Team Leader of K1RP "Team-Jawa" that we ARE officially announcing our mod which is a restoration of Knights of the Old Republic I. Further more I want to give you all somewhat of an idea what this modification will entail. The modification will consist of 4 main parts that will make one whole modification. What I mean is that this modification will be divided into four parts that we will be releasing to the public incrementally. The first part will consist of the first 3 areas/worlds “The Ebon Hawk, The Endar Spire, and Taris” along with all galaxy wide missions that may come along with those areas/worlds. The second part will consist of the second 3 areas/worlds “Dantooine, Kashyyyk, and Tatooine” along with all galaxy wide missions that may come along with those areas/worlds. The third part will consist of the third 3 areas/worlds “Manaan, Korriban, and The Leviathan” along with all galaxy wide missions that may come along with those areas/worlds. The fourth and final part will consist of the fourth 3 areas/worlds “Lehon (Rakata Prime or The Unknown World), The Star Forge, and Sleheyron” along with all galaxy wide missions that may come along with those areas/worlds.

Now the major accomplishments in the project are going to be Sleheyron and the Ancient Rakatan Temple on Tatooine along with the Sarlaac Maw Pit because they are not present in the PC version of the game that is why I am proud to announce all of the team members that will be making it possible to get the content we need and who are helping to modify it...

Edit: Please go to the main site, here (http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com), to find a list of the modders involved in this project.;) ~SR

So without further lecturing on this mod I want to say with all of your support we can make a top quality mod that I know everyone will enjoy and above all everybody will have fun with.

Also, just to let you all know we are still looking for modder in specific areas so if you think your modding work is good and can be an asset to our cause please feel free to PM me.

*IMPORTANT*: Please DO NOT ask when we will be finished with this mod as it puts way too much pressure on the team and myself. So like Team-Gizka said with their restoration mod “It will be done when it is done”.;)

Also, one more thing. We are looking for more people to join us like extra modelers, scripters, ect. So if you are interested just give me a PM and I will evaluate you and get you setup with everything you need to start work on this mod.

We also have a website and forum that you can visit at these locations...

http://Team-Jawa.Kotor2Files.com

Forum:
[snip]

You can find it on the "Forums" page of the main site...:D

Shem
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh, good, it's up! :D

SykoRevan
02-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I've always hoped that someone would try to restore content such as Sleheyron and the Ancient Rakatan Temple on Tatooine, and while prior thoughts of restoring cut content in K1 were overshadowed by the efforts of Team Gizka and the TSLRP, I'm glad some people are taking an interest in adding to the original KotOR. Now there's 2 things I can't wait to see: TSLRP and now K1RP. I wish Team Jawa the best of luck.

Q
02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
WOW!!! :drop2:

What a distinguished lineup of modders you have! Needles to say: I'm quite enthusiastic.:emodanc:
What I mean is that this modification will be divided into four parts that we will be releasing to the public incrementally.
This is an excellent idea.
*IMPORTANT*: Please DO NOT ask when we will be finished with this mod as it puts way too much pressure on the team and myself. So like Team-Gizka said with their restoration mod “It will be done when it is done”.
Don't worry: I won't.;)
The fourth and final part will consist of the fourth 3 areas/worlds “Lehon (Rakata Prime or The Unknown World), The Star Forge, and Sleheyron” along with all galaxy wide missions that may come along with those areas/worlds.
Do any modules for Sleheyron even exist?

This is an extremely ambitious project. If this announcement was made by a bunch of newbie modders, it wouldn't have gotten a second glance, but I know that you all are capable of it if anyone is. I wish you all the best of luck in this venture!:thumbsup:

Dashus
02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Being a programmer myself, if I see good code that looks useful, I will use it. However, I feel that in the interest of protecting the original creative work (http://www.team-gizka.org) of Razorfish, and subsequent additions by myself and killerbob, it must be pointed out that the "site designer" is, in fact, Razorfish, not yourself, and you would do well to at least recognize that, even if the code was not lifted from our site (which I suspect), the idea, and therefore the 'design', was. Just my two cents.

SithRevan
02-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I've always hoped that someone would try to restore content such as Sleheyron and the Ancient Rakatan Temple on Tatooine, and while prior thoughts of restoring cut content in K1 were overshadowed by the efforts of Team Gizka and the TSLRP, I'm glad some people are taking an interest in adding to the original KotOR. Now there's 2 things I can't wait to see: TSLRP and now K1RP. I wish Team Jawa the best of luck.

Thanks SykoRevan that really boosts our moral!:D

Do any modules for Sleheyron even exist?

This is an extremely ambitious project. If this announcement was made by a bunch of newbie modders, it wouldn't have gotten a second glance, but I know that you all are capable of it if anyone is. I wish you all the best of luck in this venture!:thumbsup:

Actually none of the Sleheyron modules exist but we do think the lightmaps, walkmesh, and models do so we will be able to piece them together after we find out if they do or not.;)

Also, thanks for the words of encouragement towards my team and I. We all really appreciate it.:D

Being a programmer myself, if I see good code that looks useful, I will use it. However, I feel that in the interest of protecting the original creative work of Razorfish, and subsequent additions by myself and killerbob, it must be pointed out that the "site designer" is, in fact, Razorfish, not yourself, and you would do well to at least recognize that, even if the code was not lifted from our site (which I suspect), the idea, and therefore the 'design', was. Just my two cents.

Sorry Dashus I really did not think about it to tell you the truth. Your site just looks really awesome and I look up to you guys so I though I might try to give that same style a go for my own restoration project site. I have added under my name in the "Restoarion Party" page that Razorfish did in fact create the style for the site I just am using it. Thank you for bringing that to my attention though as I do not want to create waves over something that could have been avoided like that. So sorry and I will completely recognize Razorfish's contribution to the style anyway I can.

@Everybody: Thanks for all of the great support guys we are really looking forward to getting started on this project and this support really helps. So thank you everybody!;)

Dashus
02-24-2007, 11:14 PM
We appreciate the change: just a suggestion for making the credits flow nicer:
Original Website Design
Razorfish
Modified By
SithRevan
(And Razorfish is a she) :)

Anakin Skywalker
02-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm shocked... i really am... you've gone a while without a mod snipping the web site off... anyway... I don't ever remember telling you I am an area modder... I don't believe I even know how to mod area's in game... ahhh well... I can learn... XD

SithRevan
02-25-2007, 12:18 AM
We appreciate the change: just a suggestion for making the credits flow nicer:
Original Website Design
Razorfish
Modified By
SithRevan
(And Razorfish is a she) :)

Thanks Dashus. I did make the changes you suggested and they look awesome. Thank you very much.:D

I'm shocked... i really am... you've gone a while without a mod snipping the web site off... anyway... I don't ever remember telling you I am an area modder... I don't believe I even know how to mod area's in game... ahhh well... I can learn... XD

Hmmmmm... I thought I had told you. Well I guess if you are willing to learn I will give you some pointers on how to do it. Sorry for not being more infromative.

SykoRevan
02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Actually none of the Sleheyron modules exist but we do think the lightmaps, walkmesh, and models do so we will be able to piece them together after we find out if they do or not.;)

If it's possible to create entire modules from just those things, I will be impressed no matter what the outcome. What kind of planet is Sleheyron anyway? I heard that it might be a volcanic planet and that it was hinted to be so by the computer puzzle in the Dantooine Ruins as one of the primary death-giving seed types. And I've never heard of the Rakatan Temple on Tatooine, despite a few rumors. Are there modules for that or no?

SithRevan
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Sleheyron is a barren volcanic planet like it says in the Dantooine Puzzle. It kinda looks like Korriban in ways I bet actually.

Now the Rakatan Temple actually does have almost all of the stuff we need to that should not be to hard to do. But unfortunatly it does not have modules either so my team and I will have to make them!:D

knightmare66
02-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Good luck with the Tatooine temple. Its walkmesh needs a good amount of work, not to mention the lightmaps and the geometry itself needs a bit of tweaking. But that should be possible now that walkmeshes are starting to be better understood.

Will your Xbox modders be looking for area models and pieces not in the PC version? For example, the library area of the Sith Academy that only shows up in TSL.

SithRevan
02-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Thanks!

Yes they will be. I don't think the Sith Academy Library was ever in Kotor though. I think that was pretty exclusive to TSL. Anyway we are going to be looking for any anomalis looking things within the Xbox models bif so if it is in there we will find it rest assured.:D

glovemaster
02-25-2007, 06:37 AM
How will you be restoring the cut content? will you be reskinning modules (like reskinning tatooine and calling it sleheyron) or are you going to try and actually restore the original modules that were cut out?

Scratch that^.. I just mustered up the effort to read the rest of the thread.. lol

Good Luck! :D

Miltiades
02-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Very ambitious project, but with a team like that, I'm confident that this can and will work.

Oh yeah, maybe this (http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?t=2119) advice by Pavlos can help.

Darth InSidious
02-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks!

Yes they will be. I don't think the Sith Academy Library was ever in Kotor though. I think that was pretty exclusive to TSL. Anyway we are going to be looking for any anomalis looking things within the Xbox models bif so if it is in there we will find it rest assured.:D
I think there are just a few dialogues...I'm not sure it was ever meant to be there in K1, TBH...

knightmare66
02-25-2007, 10:41 AM
There was a pre-release screenshot of the Sith Academy where you could see back into the library area. This was before Uthar and Yuthura had unique models.

There was also a room on the south side of the windowed gallery area in the Sith base on Manaan.

Also, the fourth room in the hotel on Manaan has had its model removed, but the walkmesh is still there.

SykoRevan
02-25-2007, 08:50 PM
There was a pre-release screenshot of the Sith Academy where you could see back into the library area. This was before Uthar and Yuthura had unique models.

There was also a room on the south side of the windowed gallery area in the Sith base on Manaan.

Also, the fourth room in the hotel on Manaan has had its model removed, but the walkmesh is still there.

Would there be any way to post screens of these things, or are there not any screens left?

SithRevan
02-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey everybody I have noticed ever since I put this thread out that lots of people have been inquiring about "Area Designer" jobs which is difinitely good don't get me wrong but we REALLY are in need of a couple good scripters who know how to script and software. So if anybody is interested we could definitely use your help.

Thanks for the support everybody!:D

knightmare66
02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Will there also be bugfixes for the game in general? I've noticed some NPCs with the wrong soundsets (guards in Davik's estate and the Sith students who confront you after your test).

SithRevan
02-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Will there also be bugfixes for the game in general? I've noticed some NPCs with the wrong soundsets (guards in Davik's estate and the Sith students who confront you after your test).
Yes general fixs like that will be made. What we actually hope to do is basically scan each world with a fine toothed comb and weed out any inpurities then proceed to fix them. That way we get the optimum effect from each module as we go along.;)

Arátoeldar
02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes general fixs like that will be made. What we actually hope to do is basically scan each world with a fine toothed comb and weed out any inpurities then proceed to fix them. That way we get the optimum effect from each module as we go along.;)

Very cool mod idea. I hope you are able to fix the Juhani Sidequest bug. Good luck with everything. :cool:

Lantzen
02-28-2007, 01:06 PM
This is one of the best thing i have heard in a long time, i remeber maybe a half year ago or so i made request to restore things that was cut, i posted numerous dialougs and so on but no one seem intressed to do anything at that time, but now you guys do it. Good luck to you all

SilentScope001
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't think you can restore Shelyron and the Rakatan Temple, due to the lack of data, and the fact that you're going to have to invent new stuff. It might go down the drain of the Droid Planet? Maybe you should just spin that off to create a new team, if you have to...or, you know, just don't. Just restore everything else.

If you do insist, I could help come up with a story to help connect the different datas. I really think of having Shelyron JUST be another side-planet, like Yavin IV, where you just go in and do side-quests for Hutt lords. (I really would like to add some stuff to connect K1 and TSL, some True Sith info). I can't mod (I don't have the PC verison), but I have ideas.

glovemaster
02-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Have faith. as SithRevan said we have the secrets from the public and the not-so-secrets for the public...

Titanius Anglesmith
02-28-2007, 03:50 PM
This does look pretty cool, but I'm way more hyped about TSLRP simply because I like TSL much better and it has a bigger need for completion than KotOR I. I'll still be looking forward to it though. Good luck! :D

SithRevan
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Well everybody I have been thinking about this for the past oh I'd say 2 to 3 days or so and I have finally made a decision. This project was originally going to be taking the content from the Xbox version of Kotor and using it to build the stuff that was taken out of it. We figured out that may be a little bit frowned upon by the Devs of this wonderful game. So right now I am making it perfectly clear the NO content from the Xbox version of Kotor will be extracted for use with this project. We are going to find other alternative ways to do what we want to do. It might be a little different but I promise you all that it will be just as much fun if not funner then the original idea that BioWare had for this game.;)

knightmare66
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
After looking at the Czerka depot again, I think it may be part of Tatooine, not Sleheyron.

First, its module naming, m21aa, is more consistent with Tatooine, as m19aa is the Rakatan temple, and m20aa is the Sand People enclave. The next highest module number, m22aa, is part of Kashyyyk. The left over models from Sleheyron are named m31aa, m31ab, and m31ad, putting its module naming between Manaan and Korriban (a likely range of m29-m32).

Second, the texturing visible on the outside doorway is more Tatooine-ish, not like the Sleheyron screenshots. The depot may have been where the player was to attack when leading the Sand People against Czerka.

SithRevan
03-01-2007, 10:27 PM
After looking at the Czerka depot again, I think it may be part of Tatooine, not Sleheyron.

First, its module naming, m21aa, is more consistent with Tatooine, as m19aa is the Rakatan temple, and m20aa is the Sand People enclave. The next highest module number, m22aa, is part of Kashyyyk. The left over models from Sleheyron are named m31aa, m31ab, and m31ad, putting its module naming between Manaan and Korriban (a likely range of m29-m32).

Second, the texturing visible on the outside doorway is more Tatooine-ish, not like the Sleheyron screenshots. The depot may have been where the player was to attack when leading the Sand People against Czerka.
Hmmmmmm... Interesting theory knightmare66 we will have to check into it. If you are right then that is another thing we can put back into Tatooine.:D

CA8802
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
So you guys are going to have a way to get to that extra level of the Black Vulkar base, right? I was going to add it back myself, but if it's among the things your team is doing I'll just wait for yours. No sense in having it done twice.

knightmare66
03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
The entrance to the depot would likely have been in Anchorhead, but I can't even find a false doorway there that's shaped anything like that entrance. This looks like it would require areamodel editing to restore.

While looking around Anchorhead, I did find something else. The spaceport-like building that's to the right of the Dune Sea gate has some actual working doors behind its two false doors (one regular Anchorhead door and one docking bay one). I found this out by using a door-opener armband I put together and trying it on all the doors that wouldn't open- I head a door opening behind the fake ones. Maybe disection of the areamodel will yield clues to a removed areamodel section.

Darth InSidious
03-02-2007, 06:33 AM
^Actually, that exterior door model uses, IIRC, Sleheyron light textures, and the shape of the doorway does not fit with Anchorhead, but does with that of Sleheyron... ;)

Arátoeldar
03-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Well everybody I have been thinking about this for the past oh I'd say 2 to 3 days or so and I have finally made a decision. This project was originally going to be taking the content from the Xbox version of Kotor and using it to build the stuff that was taken out of it. We figured out that may be a little bit frowned upon by the Devs of this wonderful game. So right now I am making it perfectly clear the NO content from the Xbox version of Kotor will be extracted for use with this project. We are going to find other alternative ways to do what we want to do. It might be a little different but I promise you all that it will be just as much fun if not more fun then the original idea that BioWare had for this game.;)

Just out of curiosity but why are you excluding X-box content? If LucasArts and Obsidian had no problems with Team Gizka and Team Bantha using TSL X-box content. I highly doubt that BioWare would have problems with you KotOR content.

SithRevan
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Just out of curiosity but why are you excluding X-box content? If LucasArts and Obsidian had no problems with Team Gizka and Team Bantha using TSL X-box content. I highly doubt that BioWare would have problems with you KotOR content.
You know to tell you the truth I am not sure what to do now. I heard from a couple people including filefront moderators that it would be illegal to do that. So that makes me very unsure. I don't want to gt into any type of trouble over this; all that I really want to do is make the mod and have you all enjoy it. That is it.

LORD SPARTAN
03-02-2007, 01:58 PM
You know to tell you the truth I am not sure what to do now. I heard from a couple people including filefront moderators that it would be illegal to do that. So that makes me very unsure. I don't want to get into any type of trouble over this; all that I really want to do is make the mod and have you all enjoy it. That is it.

I don't want to discriminate anyone but I must say that I always find unfair that Xbox people had the same oportunity than PC people when comes to mods. Many great games corporation left aside the PC for game consoles and we end up missing cool games like the ones that are in petitions right now. So I can't say it sadden me to hear that. But since it's another debate I will restrain myself on this subject.

Plus I wouldn't like this embisious project to stop, it looks like something so great.

Miltiades
03-02-2007, 06:04 PM
You know to tell you the truth I am not sure what to do now. I heard from a couple people including filefront moderators that it would be illegal to do that. So that makes me very unsure. I don't want to gt into any type of trouble over this; all that I really want to do is make the mod and have you all enjoy it. That is it.

Have you asked Team Gizka about this? If they use X-Box content, they may have looked into it already and know what's legal and what's not.

Dashus
03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Whether or not it's legal to modify the XBoX to get said content is another matter entirely. But we've not been informed we can't use the HK Factory, so we're assuming there's at least a tacit consent with regards to the use of the content.

SithRevan
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Whether or not it's legal to modify the XBoX to get said content is another matter entirely. But we've not been informed we can't use the HK Factory, so we're assuming there's at least a tacit consent with regards to the use of the content.
Well then since everybody is pretty confident here that it is not illegal I am going to say this. We will use the content IF we have to but we are going to try not to. So I guess getting the REAL Sleheyron from Kotor is back on.:D Thanks for helping sway my decision guys.

Arátoeldar
03-03-2007, 07:41 AM

So far as I know, the only thing frowned upon is porting something from one game to another.

DreadWizardDM
03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh man!!! I just hopped on the boards today for the 1st time in a while. I am really excited about this restoration project!! You guys are awesome and I think this whole community is grateful for this project. I also want to say the same for the people at TSLRP .. cant wait to see the finished products !!!

GOOO TEAM JAWA!!!
GOOO TEAM GIZKA!!!
Hell yeah!

rictus135
03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Im pretty sure it is illegal from something Darth333 said a while back (she is a lawyer remember), and the problem isn't so much with the developers who would probably love to see the community finish off what they didn't get to, but with the publisher LucasArts. I think its on general principle, they don't want people using their products to make new games that they themselves may oneday want to publish. And while restoration isn't creating a new game as such, the principle still stands.

But little of that really matters, it all comes down to whether LucasArts chooses to turn a blind eye to it. So long as you don't try and make a profit it of it, I doubt they would bother shutting you down. But if you DO get contacted by lucasarts asking you to stop, you had better do it quick smart. I wouldn't want to p*ss off a huge corperation!

Darkkender
03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
As long as there is no porting from one game such as from K1 to K2 or vica versa it's not illegal to do these restoration mods. Your TSL restoration project uses content from the Xbox version that got cleaned out of the PC version. Also the cut modules from TSL that were in the Xbox version but taken out of the PC version have been available for download at more than one site since shortly after the release of the PC version of TSL.

The points of legality that have been discussed by Darth333 has been about the overall legality of modding the Kotor games and on the topic of porting content from one game to the other. There has not been outright locking of threads by moderators or warnings that the topic cannot be discussed at the forums here when it comes to the topic of Xbox content vs PC content, this would lead me to beleive you are taking points that Darth333 has made out of context from a different topic unto itself.

SithRevan
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Hey everybody, I just wanted to inform you all that we are soon going to be starting on this modification and that we do appreciate all of your support.

Also, we are still looking for people to fill these following jobs in the team...

*The jobs in bold are the ones we need people most in*

Scripters/Programmers
LipSync Editors
Area Specialists

We look forward to working with all of you.;)

Darkkender
03-11-2007, 03:57 AM
I can fill in where I can as a Scripter SR.

glovemaster
03-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Master Zionosis has restored the Iriaz to Dantooine, it can be found here until it has been added to the download page: http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com/storage/uploads/common/Iriaz_Dantooine_Modules_Fix_Final.rar

Well done MZ!

Maphisto86
06-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Master Zionosis has restored the Iriaz to Dantooine, it can be found here until it has been added to the download page: http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com/storage/uploads/common/Iriaz_Dantooine_Modules_Fix_Final.rar

Well done MZ!

It seems to be down right now... would like to download that.

Well this is the first I heard of this. We all know of the Sith Lords Restoration Project but not one for KOTOR (I didn't think much was needed in the way of restoration). Though small things like the Iriaz creatures on Dantooine should have been in the final game as well as stuff like a proper Revan robes, Bandon armor and the like. I hope there is not much in the way of mod conflicts... but Im getting ahead of myself. While it will probably not be as large as the restoration project for TSL by Team Gizka, it will take time for your mod to be done. I'll be waiting! Good luck Team Jawa! :thmbup1:

Master Zionosis
06-17-2007, 01:54 PM
It seems to be down right now... would like to download that.

SithRevan has since changed the folder name in which the files are hosted.

The new link for the Iriaz module fix is here: http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com/OPS/data/upimages/Iriaz_Dantooine_Modules_Fix_Final.rar

Allronix
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
As I said on the boards, I have an Elassa datapad (also scripted as a computer entry), for my own use, I'll pass it along if you want it. Using Darth 333's warp band, I also added an entry to the Vulkar base computer to get you to the "hidden" level.

Adding the unfortunate fate of Belaya and some appropriate Juhani dialogue will not be hard. I may mod that on my own and pass it along.

I'm not sure how kosher they are to share, as I did cook them up for my own use.

Zerimar Nyliram
06-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh, I was never aware of this project. Sounds like a great idea, though. Though, as a newcomer, I'd like to be able to read the past progress reports that you mentioned.

Qui-Gon Glenn
06-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately, that K1RP seems to have ground to a halt almost before it started. As far as I can tell from their forums, nothing is going on :(

SithRevan
06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately, that K1RP seems to have ground to a halt almost before it started. As far as I can tell from their forums, nothing is going on :(
Actually we are still operational. We just have been taking things slow... very slow.:lol: Never the less though we are still doing it.;)

Weave
07-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Cheers! Hope everything works out! I really wanted to see Sleheyron ever since I found out that it was part of some cut content in KOTOR 1... I wonder if you can free the slaves? Or keep them under the Hutts iron-fisted rule! I guess I'm just going to have to wait... Good luck!

SithRevan
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Well I know it been a while since there has been a post or really anything coming out of this project... but I do want to assure you that we are still doing this and I have come here to ask if any of you would be interested in helping. After seeing some of the more daunting tasks that we have I've decided that the team I have, even though they are very good at what they do, is still not enough. So to get to the point I'm looking for new additions to add to the team so we can get this done fast and efficiently, here are all of the avilaible positions and how many spots are open in the said position...

Area Designers:
3-4 spots availible

Programmers:
2-3 spots availible

Reskinners:
3-4 spots availible

Modelers:
1-2 spots availible

Scripters:
5-6 spots availible

Dialog Editiors:
3-4 spots avalible

Voice Actors: (You must be able to imitate the characters from the game WELL)
5 or more spots availible

Lipsync Editors:
1-3 spots availible

Please remember though before you join us that this is a job and it will be treated as such which means you will need to have the time and determination to get it done. Also, please do not try to join us if you do not know what you are doing. I know this is a little harsh to say but you'll just slow us down even more if you join us and have absolutly no idea what you are doing.

Thanks everyone and I hope to see some of your submissions to join the project soon.:D

Adelphus
08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Well I know how to model and have successfully exported my work into Kotor before.
I'd be very interested in taking a modeling position if you'd take me, but first I'd like to know what is required of the position?

SithRevan
08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Well I know how to model and have successfully exported my work into Kotor before.
I'd be very interested in taking a modeling position if you'd take me, but first I'd like to know what is required of the position?
Well the position may require you to model large things... like areas. We plan on building Sleheyron and possibly some other planets or areas.

Also, if you want the position you'll need to send me a sample of your work through the PM system here. I need to make sure it's up to the standards we need it at.;)

Adelphus
08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Buildings, statues, etc? I think I could handle that.

since I have some time right now, and max is open lol Is there anything you'd like to see in particular as an example?

SithRevan
08-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Buildings, statues, etc? I think I could handle that.

since I have some time right now, and max is open lol Is there anything you'd like to see in particular as an example?
Pretty much. Also, grounds and stuff like that... but I guess that is a given.:lol:

Something that stands out... like a landscape or a building, something like that would work.;)

Adelphus
08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Alright then, I'll send a PM with a few renders when I'm finished :)

SithRevan
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Alright then, I'll send a PM with a few renders when I'm finished :)
Awesome, I look forward to seeing them.;)

Lantzen
08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
ehh, "Voice Actors: (You must be able to imitate the characters from the game WELL) 5 or more spots availible"...

Don't go there please, it won't be good in the end to try to imitate the voices. That's my opinion at least, but it's your mod so i don't have so much to say^^

SithRevan
08-09-2007, 12:58 PM
ehh, "Voice Actors: (You must be able to imitate the characters from the game WELL) 5 or more spots availible"...

Don't go there please, it won't be good in the end to try to imitate the voices. That's my opinion at least, but it's your mod so i don't have so much to say^^
Well trust me if we don't have to do new VO's for the characters we won't. I know nobody can sound exactly like them and that is why I said you need to only be able to imitate them "WELL.";)

Quanon
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Well trust me if we don't have to do new VO's for the characters we won't. I know nobody can sound exactly like them and that is why I said you need to only be able to imitate them "WELL.";)

Don't know if I still need to sign-up somewhere .
And not sure if Glove-Master mentioned I would glady join the team , as some-sort texture / 3D artist ( you'll have to take random chaos and madness aswell :lol: )

And I'm almost finished working on the Coruscant mod from Coola.

But since GM is out somewhere in France I'm kinda lost on what to do ,( allthough I'm now on to tackling creating new rendered and walkable area, but that's another thread)

Anyway , been busy drawing some concept on Sleyeheron ( spelling :s )

Just shooting off this all , lalallalalalal , going nuts :lol:

So I just want to know if I'm in or not ;)

~Q

SithRevan
08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Don't know if I still need to sign-up somewhere .
And not sure if Glove-Master mentioned I would glady join the team , as some-sort texture / 3D artist ( you'll have to take random chaos and madness aswell :lol: )

And I'm almost finished working on the Coruscant mod from Coola.

But since GM is out somewhere in France I'm kinda lost on what to do ,( allthough I'm now on to tackling creating new rendered and walkable area, but that's another thread)

Anyway , been busy drawing some concept on Sleyeheron ( spelling :s )

Just shooting off this all , lalallalalalal , going nuts :lol:

So I just want to know if I'm in or not ;)

~Q
Well all you really need to do is signup with the forums and then pretty much do what you are doing. We do need some concept and ideas for Sleheyron and we definitely need the lightmap/walkmesh problems worked out.

Anyway PM me and I will give you more specifics on what your job will be.;)

southern_fox
08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
To be honest, I’m torn between strong urges to help and the stark realism. I love what you are doing here, regardless. If I may, I’d like to ask a few questions to clarify the situation for me.

- From what I understand, assets from Sleheyron are exceedingly sparse. What assets were found in the deep cavities of the Xbox version? Are there any modules in any form, or anything of interest, that survived?

- How is progress on the Tatooine Rakatan Temple modules? From my own investigation into them, I found that necessary tweaking was needed on the walkmesh, and a much more appropriate lightmap – that, and some actual game content, although that is far easier given a good writer. To my understanding, magnusll has made great progress in the creation of custom walkmeshes, but lightmaps remain uncracked. Is this the only major hurdle left?

- Looking at the Czerka Office/Depot on Korriban – which seemed at one time to be accessible through the door on Dreshdae (and can’t be selected) – seems to be largely complete. All that I could see is needed as far as making a solid module is some tweaking with the walkmesh, although I might be wrong. What progress has been made here?

- It is my understanding that all that stands in the way of creating custom/new modules is the uncracked lightmap format. Am I correct, or is there more?

Master Zionosis
08-09-2007, 05:36 PM
To be honest, I’m torn between strong urges to help and the stark realism. I love what you are doing here, regardless. If I may, I’d like to ask a few questions to clarify the situation for me.

- From what I understand, assets from Sleheyron are exceedingly sparse. What assets were found in the Xbox? Are there any modules in any form that survived?

- How is progress on the Tatooine Rakatan Temple modules? From my own investigation into them, I found that necessary tweaking was needed on the walkmesh, and a much more appropriate lightmap – that, and some actual game content, although that is far easier given a good writer. To my understanding, magnusll has made great progress in the creation of custom walkmeshes, but lightmaps remain uncracked. Is this the only major hurdle left?

- Looking at the Czerka Office/Depot on Korriban – which seemed at one time to be accessible through the door on Dreshdae (and can’t be selected) – seems to be largely complete. All that I could see is needed as far as making a solid module is some tweaking with the walkmesh, although I might be wrong. What progress has been made here?

- It is my understanding that all that stands in the way of creating custom/new modules is the uncracked lightmap format. Am I correct, or is there more?

Most of what you said is practically dead on.

The only thing I can see that needs answering is Sleheyron, there is nothing model or module wise of it, only a few lines in the dialog.tlk file.

As for custom modules, you are also correct, now that the walkmesh's have been partially resolved, all that remains is lightmaps. ;)

SithRevan
08-09-2007, 05:37 PM

- From what I understand, assets from Sleheyron are exceedingly sparse. What assets were found in the Xbox? Are there any modules in any form that survived?

Well we did go into the Xbox and, very unfortunately, no more content then what we hadn't already found in the PC version was discovered. So with Sleheyron we are taking a whole new approach, we plan on building it from some of the Alpha stage teaser shots that BioWare put out and basically building the whole are from scratch.

Now the Rakatan temple is a different story, we haven't gotten much done on it yet becuase of the amount of things that need to be done before we can get to it. You are right however that the Walkmesh and Lightmaps do need some tweaking, we, like I said, have not gotten around to that yet.

Yes, Lightmaps right now are about the only thing we have left to hurdle over, which we will do... eventually.:D

That module actually looked pretty okay to me, and the only problem with the walkmesh was the fact that the creator of that mod, Darth InSidious, used another area's .git file to make it so it still had invisible placeables, doors, and characters in it. That is why the floor is so glitchy in some spots. Now as for putting this in Dreshdea... that is a little more complex. I think that it was not supposed to be a seperate module but a module that was connected onto the area and BioWare never got around to it. We will have to see though. We still have not getten that far on this project yet.

I hope that answers all of your questions.;)

southern_fox
08-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Thank you both for answering so promptly.

I'll gladly contribute to the project as an extra hand. If Quanon’s adding his exceptional artistic skills, I will add my writing. I desire this project to succeed, and I feel that it could enhance an already excellent storyline.

Personally, I don't feel that lightmaps will remain elusive forever – and it seems that progress is being made in that direction by magnusll. With this resolved, creation of new modules becomes a tremendous creative possibility – with no equal. That, I feel, is important and the immediate goal of this. With that one breakthrough, much can follow.

I already have a few in-depth notes typed up regarding scripts and content for Sleheyron, although they are a bit messy at the moment (a bit like actual notes and synopses). I’ll send them to you when I feel that they are professional. I have some smaller notes regarding the Tatooine Temple (I would suggest in all realism to not aim to restore the actual Sarlacc) and the Czerka Office.

In the meantime, I’ll hand over to you everything I have regarding Sleheyron – all images (I’m sure that you already seen them, but I’ve edited and brightened them to make them more clear), concept art, and a music file (it is not in the game files, and I would like your opinion on it). Private message me a way of contacting you, and I’ll do so after work.

SithRevan
08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Thank you both for answering so promptly.

I'll gladly contribute to the project as an extra hand. If Quanon’s adding his exceptional artistic skills, I will add my writing. I desire this project to succeed, and I feel that it could enhance an already excellent storyline.

Personally, I don't feel that lightmaps will remain elusive forever – and it seems that progress is being made in that direction by magnusll. With this resolved, creation of new modules becomes a tremendous creative possibility – with no equal. That, I feel, is important and the immediate goal of this. With that one breakthrough, much can follow.

I already have a few in-depth notes typed up regarding scripts and content for Sleheyron, although they are a bit messy at the moment (a bit like actual notes and synopses). I’ll send them to you when I feel that they are professional. I have some smaller notes regarding the Tatooine Temple (I would suggest in all realism to not aim to restore the actual Sarlacc) and the Czerka Office.

In the meantime, I’ll hand over to you everything I have regarding Sleheyron – all images (I’m sure that you already seen them, but I’ve edited and brightened them to make them more clear), concept art, and a music file (it is not in the game files, and I would like your opinion on it). Private message me a way of contacting you, and I’ll do so after work.
Thank you southern_fox, your contributions I'm sure will be a tremendous amount of help to all of our efforts and our visions for this project to succeed.

We will however have to review what to do with both the Sarlacc and the Extra Czerka office though because I don't think anyone here will let me abandon our efforts to restore both in the game.;)

Adelphus
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Is the sarlacc animated?

Master Zionosis
08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Is the sarlacc animated?

I wasn't aware of any Sarlacc even in that pit, so my guesses would be no.

We could do a George Lucas and make it so we don't see the Sarlacc but we hear it :lol:, you know, by placing a sound emitter.

Qui-Gon Glenn
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
The work that your team is doing on cracking custom areas is simply cool. Thank you for your efforts SR and Co., especially magnusll and Quanon with their current expedition into lightmaps and walkmesh....

Would love to see all of this work out, K1RP!

One thing... I noticed that on your project site forums, you are discussing the various live planets. Specifically, you are referring to the screens from that tutorial, no? Read it carefully, you will find that the descriptions for the other "Live" planets that tk made were simply made as an example of what could be done.... "Hoth" was not derived from any game resource.

Adelphus
08-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I wasn't aware of any Sarlacc even in that pit, so my guesses would be no.

We could do a George Lucas and make it so we don't see the Sarlacc but we hear it :lol:, you know, by placing a sound emitter.

Oh that is so lame, for me I don't see the point of a sarlaac pit without a sarlaac :p

Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh that is so lame, for me I don't see the point of a sarlaac pit without a sarlaac :pTrue, but without custom area configuring fully sorted out yet the Sarlacc may never be realised in the temple. MZ was just quoting on the fact that if this is the case, then alternatives would have to be used to mimic this in the best possible way; it's not that lame, what would be would be the pit just being there and nothing happening at all.

Adelphus
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree completely, my ideal dream would be for a moving(ish) Sarlaac at the base of it.
I was just trying to be cute, but its a very valid alternative I'd say:)

Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I agree completely, my ideal dream would be for a moving(ish) Sarlaac at the base of it.
I was just trying to be cute, but its a very valid alternative I'd say:)I know you were being "cute", just trying to put a realistic look on what may be possible with the Sarlacc Pit. :thumbsup:

A moving Sarlacc would be cool, in any form, even if it was a remodelled Hutt or something (basically just a motionless blob, :lol: ) as it would be a downside better than nothing. With all these revelations recently surrounding walkmeshes i feel (more that i "hope" :) ) it will be possible maybe in the near future. Atleast the module was still in the game files in it's buggy state though as it could have been lost like the Sleheyron modules with BioWares uncanny cleaning methods.

Adelphus
08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Yea, with everything thats happened lately whos to say what is and isn't possible anymore?

Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Yea, with everything thats happened lately whos to say what is and isn't possible anymore?Hmmm.. this kind of reminds me when the lightsaber format was cracked (allowing you to render your own lightsaber models and use in-game). My Point? Even without official support from BioWare there is always going to be someone talented enough to crack a format deemed too complicated to crack. Its a good thing what with all these revelations recently surrounding the walkmeshes, it shows how far the community has come over the past 3 years or so (from slight tweaks to dialogue etc to near creation of new areas). The good thing about a community is that it's so vast and international that when a talented coder/modeller etc. decides to leave the scene there is always someone else to equal them. Mods are what keeps a game alive ( i would have sold K1 & TSL otherwise) and this breakthrough (it will come eventually) surrounding custom areas will definately spark more interest and breathe new life into the games.

SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Reskinners:
3-4 spots availible

If you're still looking for re-skinners, I would like to hear more about what such a job entails.

Quanon
08-10-2007, 10:55 AM
If you're still looking for re-skinners, I would like to hear more about what such a job entails.

About the WalkMesh : Do note that the KAurora is still an Alpha and I'v been playing around with it . Walkmeshes are a bit buggy and I still can't give a 100% if it's working like it should .

I can run around on it , but I tend to pop-up close to walls of other parts of the
area , Party-members are doing weird , dissapearing .

Getting stuck I get a lot to . There's still tons of work to do , before we will get something as good as Bioware's areas

Designing levels from scratch is a serious task and Kotor player like Quality .
But since the team has Magnulls helping them , I think where getting close to actual NEW areas for Kotor games.

Pavlos
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Oh that is so lame, for me I don't see the point of a sarlaac pit without a sarlaac :p

If I may beg to differ? The idea of a hidden beast in the blackness of an abandoned temple which makes horrific noises, is far more psychologically thrilling than a beak with waving tentacles.

Anyway, good luck in this, guys.

Miltiades
08-10-2007, 12:06 PM
If I may beg to differ? The idea of a hidden beast in the blackness of an abandoned temple which makes horrific noises, is far more psychologically thrilling than a beak with waving tentacles.

"Where there is no imagination there is no horror" Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once said. :)

SithRevan
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Pretty much being able to skin things like levels, charcters, ect. The job is probably one of the more unsed positions in the project although that could change over time.;)

SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Pretty much being able to skin things like levels, charcters, ect. The job is probably one of the more unsed positions in the project although that could change over time.;)

That sounds good, I'm especially skilled at skinning characters, so if you need my help, you got me.

SithRevan
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
That sounds good, I'm especially skilled at skinning characters, so if you need my help, you got me.
Awesome, send me a sample of what you can do and we'll go from there.;)

SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Awesome, send me a sample of what you can do and we'll go from there.;)

Well, I don't know if these can count as samples, but I have made a few re-skinning mods, all of which re-skin characters to some degree or another. In one mod I released, called the K1 "Lots of Little Things Mod," I changed Komad Fortuna's skin from yellow to white, and I was able to change Malak's eyes from normal to Sith-y without any trouble like dilated pupils or anything like that. And I have also re-skinned Carth Onasi and Canderous to look like Chiss. All 3 of those mods are at Filefront, and the links are in my signature. If that's not enough, I could also whip something else up, although I'm not sure what's impressive enough :p

SithRevan
08-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, I don't know if these can count as samples, but I have made a few re-skinning mods, all of which re-skin characters to some degree or another. In one mod I released, called the K1 "Lots of Little Things Mod," I changed Komad Fortuna's skin from yellow to white, and I was able to change Malak's eyes from normal to Sith-y without any trouble like dilated pupils or anything like that. And I have also re-skinned Carth Onasi and Canderous to look like Chiss. All 3 of those mods are at Filefront, and the links are in my signature. If that's not enough, I could also whip something else up, although I'm not sure what's impressive enough :p
Actually they'll do nicely, I would however, if you don't mind doing it, like a newer reskin so I can gadge your level of artistic quality and see how far you have progressed since you started. If you could do that and send a screeny to me that would be awesome.;)

SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Actually they'll do nicely, I would however, if you don't mind doing it, like a newer reskin so I can gadge your level of artistic quality and see how far you have progressed since you started. If you could do that and send a screeny to me that would be awesome.;)

So, what would you suggest me to do a reskin of? Come on, challenge me :D

Alexander the Great
08-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Do a reskin of every last texture in the game. Every single one, including the icons and such.

southern_fox
08-10-2007, 07:06 PM
If I may, I'd like to ask/suggest a minor reskin of a Hutt.

Nothing radical, mind you. Just something so that different Hutts are slightly visually distinguished, just as they are currently.

The game already has multiple Hutt 'skin tones' to work off of: Orange, Yellowish, Smoky White, Brown, etc.

If possible, it would be nice to see a conceptual Hutt with a scar going down over his eye. Something I imagined, but it is just an concept/idea at the moment. Unless it is already in the game, but I don't recall it - I have not played the game from start to finish in a while. It figures into my Sleheyron drafts that SithRevan has seen.

SithRevan
08-10-2007, 07:08 PM
So, what would you suggest me to do a reskin of? Come on, challenge me :D
Okay... I got a good one, do a DS reskin of Mission. Make sure though that the Lekku on her head look right and that she looks like she has a PC DS transition.;)

You told me to make it tough.:xp:

SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Do a reskin of every last texture in the game. Every single one, including the icons and such.

That's a bit over-the-top, don't ya think?

If I may, I'd like to ask/suggest a minor reskin of a Hutt.

Nothing radical, mind you. Just something so that different Hutts are slightly visually distinguished, just as they are currently.

The game already has multiple Hutt 'skin tones' to work off of: Orange, Yellowish, Smoky White, Brown, etc.

If possible, it would be nice to see a conceptual Hutt with a scar going down over his eye. Something I imagined, but it is just an concept/idea at the moment.

That sounds like a Durga the Hutt re-skin. Hell, that's a good idea. If I remember the Hutt texture correctly, the 2 sides of the face are unique, unlike most of the head models in the game, so a scar going down one eye is very possible. If that's good enough for SithRevan, it's good enough for me.

EDIT:
Okay... I got a good one, do a DS reskin of Mission. Make sure though that the Lekku on her head look right and that she looks like she has a PC DS transition.

You told me to make it tough.

That seems like a good one too, SithRevan. Last I remember, someone else was doing one of those and had a problem with the lekku. I'll try to bypass that problem. Now, would you like the standard gray mottled look, or should we go for a Darth Talon-esque look?

southern_fox
08-10-2007, 07:22 PM
While I'm writing, I'm trying to make the Huttese occupants of Sleheyron unique, and yet not go too far outside of the game's 'feel'. That is just one idea. Most Hutts will look exactly as they look throughout the rest of the game, but there are a few unique ones.

Suuda in particular is unique. He is older, very catty in demeanor, and the head of his large family. This is the general inspiration in what I visually see him as as I'm writing him:

http://index.echostation.com/zorba2.jpg

Gargoyle King
08-10-2007, 07:34 PM
While I'm writing, I'm trying to make the Huttese occupants of Sleheyron unique, and yet not go too far outside of the game's 'feel'. That is just one idea. Most Hutts will look exactly as they look throughout the rest of the game, but there are a few unique ones.

Suuda in particular is unique. He is older, very catty in demeanor, and the head of his large family. This is the general inspiration in what I visually see him as as I'm writing him:

http://index.echostation.com/zorba2.jpgWow, a Hutt with a beard, now that's something you don't see everyday! Would this be possible to model on a Hutt, if so then that would be awesome IMO!That's a bit over-the-top, don't ya think?:lol: I think it was a joke!

SithRevan
08-10-2007, 07:39 PM

That sounds like a Durga the Hutt re-skin. Hell, that's a good idea. If I remember the Hutt texture correctly, the 2 sides of the face are unique, unlike most of the head models in the game, so a scar going down one eye is very possible. If that's good enough for SithRevan, it's good enough for me.

EDIT:

That seems like a good one too, SithRevan. Last I remember, someone else was doing one of those and had a problem with the lekku. I'll try to bypass that problem. Now, would you like the standard gray mottled look, or should we go for a Darth Talon-esque look?
Well the Darth Talon one has been done, I should remember I was the person who TSLPatched it.:D

So I think I want you to go with the standard grey mottled look. Try to make it look convincing though.;)

Alexander the Great
08-10-2007, 07:48 PM

Perhaps. But if you can't do remedial tasks such as slaving over KotOR tool and Photoshop, working for weeks without sleeping or eating, filling in details for every texture in the game until you've gone blind from staring at your computer for so long and have gotten arthritis from all the clicking, then you might as well move back to South Korea.

But even if you don't, no harm done. You just don't deserve to live anywhere other than South Korea.

On a serious note, why don't you skin that one bald Asian PC guy to make him look like Darth Sion? Not sure how difficult it'd be... Playable Darth Sion, playing as two of Kreia's apprentices at once. Imagine that.

Adelphus
08-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Anyway, good luck in this, guys.

Oh Pavlos you make a good point, they would both work. Since I've had time to read and think about it I have come round to your perspective somewhat. I still think it would need to be executed properly for the 'creep' factor to work though :)

southern_fox
08-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Just to give a view to others interested in the project where I'm going with Sleheyron, I'll post a brief planetary description. It is done in the 'brief' synoptic style of Bioware's descriptions. There is far more done as far as writing, and only SithRevan has seen parts of it. Everything is to remain quite secret about it.

I'm very satisfied however with several written ideas that I am currently developing/pursuing, and I should let it be known that I'm not easy to please. Sleheyron must feel 'natural' to the game, as if it was there all along. It will remain in the concept stage until lightmaps are resolved. Practical matters need to be resolved first before we get ahead of ourselves.

The visual images are the original Bioware ones, and serve as a visual aid to get the description and inspiration across.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/654/sleheyconceptartmm4.th.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sleheyconceptartmm4.jpg)

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7818/slehey1brightenedde8.th.jpg (http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey1brightenedde8.jpg)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5066/slehey2brightenedue0.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey2brightenedue0.jpg)

Sleheyron:

Sleheyron is a drab, brown, and sickly orange world well within the confines of Hutt Space. This world is ruled by a complicated arrangement of Huttese administrators and entrepreneurs, as well as petty cartels – all of which have bitter rivalries and divided interests. Each of these overlords is locked in a never-ending series of plots against each other to consolidate and expand their empires.

Sleheyron City – the capital – is emblematic of the rest of settlement on the planet, with layer upon layer of fuel refineries, landing pads, industrial complexes, freight depots, and construction yards. Streets are made of bare stone, and poorly maintained. The few lukewarmly pleasant parts of this planet are the personal homes of the Hutt lords, and even there, an overwhelming air of cruelty and strife exists. Sleheyron is only notable as a major fuel-exporting world, which serves the interests and fortunes of Huttese tycoons abroad.

Beneath the Hutts and their most trusted employees and aides, however, are the downtrodden slaves. Born with little hope of escape – most are condemned either to a short and painful life as a laborer, or a life of perpetual degradation and submission as entertainers, dancers, and courtesans for the few who are wealthy and powerful.

Underneath the cityscape – and under the layers of superstructure that support it – is a rocky subterranean world that is far more environmentally volatile. Volcanic rivers beneath the surface are harnessed to generate the gases and minerals that are so profitable for the world’s business. Here, in these caves, there are strange stories of odd artifacts found in the mining, although the Hutts have taken little interest in these stories until recently.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5857/slehey3brightenedlu4.th.jpg (http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey3brightenedlu4.jpg)

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1525/slehey4brightenednd7.th.jpg (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey4brightenednd7.jpg)

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6230/slehey5brighteneduu9.th.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey5brighteneduu9.jpg)

LORD SPARTAN
08-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Wow never saw those before, now I know why people want it so much, Sleheyron City is cool.

MacTavish
08-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'm glad you guys are bringing Sleheyron back.

SykoRevan
08-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Unfortunately I must retract my application to become a reskinner for K1RP, as events in my life have arisen that means I very highly doubt I could devote much, if any, time to K1RP in the near future. Sorry SithRevan, but thanks for giving me a chance. I would have liked to be a part of it, but alas, "real" life gets in the way :xp:

Good luck to you guys :)

SithRevan
08-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Unfortunately I must retract my application to become a reskinner for K1RP, as events in my life have arisen that means I very highly doubt I could devote much, if any, time to K1RP in the near future. Sorry SithRevan, but thanks for giving me a chance. I would have liked to be a part of it, but alas, "real" life gets in the way :xp:

Good luck to you guys :)
Don't worry about it Syko.;)

And thanks for trying.:D

southern_fox
08-12-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm deeply sorry to hear this SykoRevan. Best of luck in your situation.

SithRevan, as the cracking of lightmaps draws closer, and this project gets into the air, I'd like to take the opportunity to review what has been done so far, and what is planned to be done in the project. Organizational details and such, benchmarks, etc.

I'm curious as to what we have on the table so far, and how this project will be structured.

I've been looking at the dead M4-78 project, and I have to say that the advice Pavlos gives upon his departure is golden, and we should heed it. This project will have certain opportunities that no other project has had (and so far has also been blessed with some exceptional talent dedicated to it too). It may be best to lay things down here on this board (out in the open) for the sake of transparency.

SithRevan
08-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm deeply sorry to hear this SykoRevan. Best of luck in your situation.

SithRevan, as the cracking of lightmaps draws closer, and this project gets into the air, I'd like to take the opportunity to review what has been done so far, and what is planned to be done in the project. Organizational details and such, benchmarks, etc.

I'm curious as to what we have on the table so far, and how this project will be structured.

I've been looking at the dead M4-78 project, and I have to say that the advice Pavlos gives upon his departure is golden, and we should heed it. This project will have certain opportunities that no other project has had (and so far has also been blessed with some exceptional talent dedicated to it too). It may be best to lay things down here on this board (out in the open) for the sake of transparency.
Okay, that sounds actually like a pretty good idea SF. So here is how this mod should play out...

First off there will be 4-5 parts to this mod, depending on what new arises out pf the examination of the game, which you all already knew from my original post on this thread. All of the parts will be released at the moment they go into thier RC1 stage, after that updates to the part will be done regularly until we all deem that the release of that part is gold and will be the absolute final product of which will go into the installer and will be installed when the final package comes out.

Getting more specific into the mechanics of what will be going on behind the scenes; we will be first creating all new areas which identify to the current part we are working on. This means that all minor modding in levels to fix bugs and what not will be pending until we have implemented all new areas if there are any to implement in that part. If all new areas are implemented or if there are no areas to be impemented we'll begin work on sorting out minor details and finding known bugs within the area that we'll be working on. We *WILL* all be working on the same area, so like lets say I am working on Taris, so will the whole team except for the ones who are on the Sleheyron project.

I really hope tha gives you guys a bit of an understanding in what we will be doing to make this possible and I hope that was what you mean by your comment SF.:D

Gargoyle King
08-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Just a small question SithRevan, in the screenshots of Sleheyron if custom modules are ever finally fully cracked (they will be , we're very close know :D ) will you try to build the modules to somewhat resemble the screenshots, and therefore BioWares original intentions with the planet, or will you be steering the planet in a new direction through your own ideas & imagination, either way though, Sleheyron in Kotor is gonna rock!

southern_fox
08-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Just a small question SithRevan, in the screenshots of Sleheyron if custom modules are ever finally fully cracked (they will be , we're very close know :D ) will you try to build the modules to somewhat resemble the screenshots, and therefore BioWares original intentions with the planet, or will you be steering the planet in a new direction through your own ideas & imagination, either way though, Sleheyron in Kotor is gonna rock!

I'm not exactly sure what SithRevan's opinion is here.

But I can say, in my own opinion, as I have been writing it I've done both.

There obviously is not enough left of Sleheyron to restore it to its original shape, size, and module design; we don't have any sketches of the 'blueprints' of the module. But I have a strong desire to stay within the bounds of the spirit that the David Gaidner conveyed in his comments on the planet, and to make the planet feel entirely natural to the game (i.e., nothing crazy or absurd, nothing unprofessional, nothing too much, nothing making Sleheyron absurdly larger and too disproportional to the rest of the game, etc.).

My own vision is to have Sleheyron 'look' like the screenshots as far as the color scheme, building shapes, etc. However, the actual layout is up in the air at the moment, although I have a nebulous idea of it (and I can't put anything firmly down yet, because there are so many other opinions of the team I'd like to hear, and I'm still in drafts).

For example, in my mind, there is a large open street district that the player enters once exiting the landing pad modules.

(the one in the this screenshot):

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6230/slehey5brighteneduu9.th.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey5brighteneduu9.jpg)

To me, this area is to be filled with a large number of NCPs, all alien, all walking in different directions. This, to me, is an entertainment district with a cantina and the coliseum. They serve as rest quarters for the starport, serving a diverse clientèle of restless off-world cargo haulers (who probably have been in space for a while, and would like to unwind, perhaps some bloody action is exciting), ship workers, employees of the Hutts, and bounty hunters looking for work. This may be the least nasty area of Sleheyron, but its still pretty bad.

All very drab, with the cantina all shot up on the inside, brown colored walls, ambient smoke, and lights fading in and out. (Imagine the Taris lower city cantina crossed with the look of the Iziz Cantina in the second game.) That, to me, is the Sleheyron cantina. I'd like to have unique music too.

So, I'm really trying to do both. Its not really a contradiction. I'm being faithful to all descriptions of Sleheyron, but adding in creative license to fill in the vast blanks.

Perhaps add in some industrial equipment, lots of crates, cargo ships taking off (or landing/loading/unloading, like Taris or Manaan).

Imagination needs to be a strong factor on this project.

Quanon
08-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Well , SithRevan has putted me in the design team for Sleheyron .

He asked me , just like Southern FOx mentioned to stay as close as possible of what we have of this planet.

It is not much , Some actual textures, wich you can view and extract with Kotor-Tool if youre curious .

The shown Screenshots , and as far as I know one piece of concept-art .
Ofcourse Bioware must have tons of art , but I think very fiew pieces got published .

I'm already drawing and thinking out some stuff , but ofcourse this is far from what can be considered finished pieces . If where serious about all this and want a good looking result this will take months , just to get the area , no NPC or scripts added . ( You can view my Scribbelings on the Jawa-Forums )

Really , it will take time to find a good balance , and lots questions will need answers .

And I can't imagine what of unseen things will crop up .

But as SF pointed out this is a heavy-industrial looking planet , shades of brown , ugly greens , black and filthy looking white .

Most things are banged-up , used and re-used without much cleaning .
One of its main attractions is ofcourse this huge arena / colloseum .

Another key-feature or element I think is "pipes" lots of them .

Pipes where ever you look , transporting fuel/ gasses to big factorys , storage silo's and such .

And ofcourse the cilinder, round shaped buildings .

But lets await the anwser of out "Big chief" SithRevan ;)

southern_fox
08-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm already drawing and thinking out some stuff , but of course this is far from what finished pieces . If where serious about all this and want a good looking result this will take months , just to get the area , no NPC or scripts added .

I definitely agree here. The areas alone are a monster of a project.

I would suggest a large meeting at some point to pool everything and everyone together so far, define responsibilities, set benchmarks, etc.

Quanon
08-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I definitely agree here. The areas alone are a monster of a project.

I would suggest a large meeting at some point to pool everything and everyone together so far, define responsibilities, set benchmarks, etc.

And everyone has a different view on them ,

things to consider :

what need lots of detail , do we spent that much polygons on this or that feature .

How long should it take for a player to cross one area , 5 minutes or 3 , is there much to see or do at that area ?

Is this area just for passing through and a small fight or is it used for cut-scenes or used for a major quest ?

Is the lay-out / plan of the area logical , it might be evident to the designer where a door might be , but a new player might feel totally lost and stuck .

THe list goes on , and there a lots of things to consider .

Does Sleheyron need to be as big as Taris ? Or more like Korriban ?

southern_fox
08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes, these are all considerations and will require time and a high degree of professionalism.

We really should get everyone together to put everything down, and lay it all out.

Get things ironed out to a point where we have a firm outline, defined roles, organized teams, a list of priorities, goals on how to approach certain problems, general principles to follow in the face of certain issues (i.e. how to approach voice-overs, which thankfully are overwhelmingly alien), design and layout of modules (blueprints, where one can go and what one can do). Opinions need to be pooled together to get the firm final version.

Pipes are a great idea too.

Personally, I am imagining Sleheyron to be a world of layers (like Taris, and distantly like Kashyyyk). The highest layer contains the landing pads, entertainment facilities that serve the Huttese starport, and fuel depots that store assets being shipped out, Huttese residences, etc.

Beneath the highest layer of the city are slave pens (for labor slaves, not the household slaves, who are a bit better off), refineries, and mining operational headquarters. There is little to no sunlight – all lighting is artificial and quite bad. Slaves live communal pens, caged together in like in a zoo as animals and taken out when used for labor.

Beneath this even that layer of Sleheyron is the lowest of all layers – the deep cavernous fuel mines and where many pipelines originate. This is a dark world where many of the slaves work once they are dragged outside of the pens (dangerous caves and deep mines) – where the volcanic nature of Sleheyron is more apparent beneath the industrial apparatus. Logically, the Star Map is here, buried like the relic that it is.

Quanon
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes, these are all considerations and will require time and a high degree of professionalism.

We really should get everyone together to put everything down, and lay it all out. Get things ironed out to a point where we have a firm outline, defined roles, organized teams, a list of priorities, goals on how to approach certain problems, general principles to follow in the face of certain issues (i.e. how to approach voice-overs, which thankfully are overwhelmingly alien), design and layout of modules (blueprints, where one can go and what one can do). Opinions need to be pooled together to get the firm final version.

Pipes are a great idea too.

Personally, I am imagining Sleheyron to be a world of layers (like Taris, and distantly like Kashyyyk). The highest layer contains the landing pads, entertainment facilities that serve the Huttese starport, and fuel depots that store assets being shipped out, Huttese residences, etc.

Beneath the highest layer of the city are slave pens (for labor slaves, not the household slaves, who are a bit better off), refineries, and mining operational headquarters. There is little to no sunlight – all lighting is artificial and quite bad. Slaves live communal pens, caged together in like in a zoo as animals and taken out when used for labor.

Beneath this even that layer of Sleheyron is the lowest of all layers – the deep cavernous fuel mines and where many pipelines originate. This is a dark world where many of the slaves work once they are dragged outside of the pens (dangerous caves and deep mines) – where the volcanic nature of Sleheyron is more apparent beneath the industrial apparatus. Logically, the Star Map is here, buried like the relic that it is.

Guess where almost at the same level here , I knew Sleheyron was also known for the slave-market .

So I would imagine some sort of elevators coming out of the lower levels to the upper with cages or pens .

And I'm thinking about trains/ metro lookalikes for the lower and upper levels on planet transport .

I would say the Hutts keep the air open for their business and freighters flights off the planet . And not spill it on bringing pieces of from one factory to another with ships or shuttles .

Don't know if you see something in this , but I thought this could or would give something unique to the module , heavy cranes loading containers , a whole field full of containers , the perfect maze to fight in with Bounty Hunters and their likes .

Also perhaps one of the Hutts is a collector of antique ancients objects ... I think he might be interested in this old burried temple starmap thingy .

Just some wild thoughts that are flashing throw my mind , but I know youre on top of this Southern Fox .

If you want you can sent a PM with things you noted or thought already , these could give me a bit more direction on what to design for certain parts of the areas :)

southern_fox
08-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Guess where almost at the same level here , I knew Sleheyron was also known for the slave-market .

So I would imagine some sort of elevators coming out of the lower levels t

the upper with cages or pens .

And I'm thinking about trains/ metro lookalikes for the lower and upper levels on planet transport .

I would say the Hutts keep the air open for their business and freighters flights off the planet . And not spill it on bringing pieces of from one factory to another with ships or shuttles .

Don't know if you see something in this , but I thought this could or would give something unique to the module , heavy cranes loading containers , awhole field full of containers , the perfect maze to fight in with Bounty Hunters and their likes .

Also perhaps one of the Hutts is a collector of antique ancients objects ... I think he might be interested in this old burried temple starmap thingy .

Just some wild thoughts that are flashing throw my mind , but I know youre on top of this Southern Fox .

If you want you can sent a PM with things you noted or thought already , these could give me a bit more direction on what to design for certain parts of the areas :)

Metros, in some form, are a great idea, but I am curious about the possible animation of them. Even if animated or not, large rails being raised above the streets in the main districts are a great idea for the ambiance of an industrial world, transporting assets here and there. I can imagine walking underneath a large rail track above me while in the city. As well as in the lower levels too; I'm thinking in the form of the 'swoop tunnel' to the side that is in the module on Taris where the player fights Brejik.

Ambient industrial equipment is a must, I agree. The port and landing pads are probably full of it. Crate meshes exist in the game files too, and definitely are a major sight.

Some really good thoughts here. I have an idea for the Star Map and the details about it, and I'm trying to add a twist to it too. The Hutts have their own interests at heart, as always.

I'll send you some very rough notes of mine. They contain the screenshots too as a rough visual aid. One is a bit more professional than the other, but I've only gotten three or so short pages down. Its just a draft. The second is much longer, a more rougher and earlier draft, detailing the upper levels of the city and only lightly touching the lower levels. The Star Map is mentioned in it too.

Can you PM a way of e-mailing you?

SithRevan
08-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Actually GK I plan on doing both really, we don't have enough of a visual description of Sleheyron to actually build it exactly to the specifications BioWare had originally created. So what we'll be doing is taking thier main idea and adding to it in order to create a fully functional area that is similar to the one they originally made but not entirely exact.;)

We will however make it ver fun for the user to go through, that I promise.:D

southern_fox
08-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I've been looking at several of the drawn sketches, and they are amazing.

http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155

I have two favorites in particular that I really want to push for in compiling Sleheyron. The first is the look of the landing pads. Its very open-air, like a real port. There are several of them too, and not just the player's ship's pad (like on Manaan); it is a believable starport. At first, I was uncertain of what 'look' to visualize the landings pads, but this is absolutely perfect.

The second is the slave pit. At first, I imagined a more two-dimensional pen, like a zoo cage, but this is so much darker and demeaning. I think that it would be theoretically possible too.

Gargoyle King
08-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Actually GK I plan on doing both really, we don't have enough of a visual description of Sleheyron to actually build it exactly to the specifications BioWare had originally created. So what we'll be doing is taking thier main idea and adding to it in order to create a fully functional area that is similar to the one they originally made but not entirely exact.;)

We will however make it ver fun for the user to go through, that I promise.:DOkay, cool, whatever you feel is best! :thumbsup:
I personally can't wait to see the final product, it will add a lot of replay value to the game and i'm sure the entire K1RP project will attract new players to the game.

southern_fox
08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
SithRevan, I’ve been doing some deep investigations into the various pieces of the game to be put together, and I’ve formed some opinions on how to approach them. Looking at everything, this is an immense project.

The project is definitely underway, with a great stimulus from your enthusiasm – although until lightmaps are fully cracked a great deal of material remains in the concept, art and writing stages.

Right off the bat, I would strongly recommend:

1. Setting up an FTP server for internal use by the project members for exchanging, reviewing, and testing assets – all creating a free flow of information. Everyone needs to be on the same page. All art, word documents, idea sheets, game assets of all kinds, etc, are to be stored here. All members need to download assets regularly not just to stay abreast of information, but for backup purposes. This is to prevent any loss of information or material – for example, if someone critical leaves, disappears/becomes inactive, or has a computer failure.

2. Regular meetings at a pre-designated time and with a pre-designated chat server whereby all of the project team are strongly urged to attend – transcripts are to be kept and posted. Again, everyone needs to be on the same page, and a free flow of ideas is critical. Everyone needs to know everyone.

3. A series of milestones, goals, and benchmarks are to be mapped out immediately. Such an arrangement provides focus, attention to current problems, and creates sensible priorities. Without benchmarks, priorities are doomed to be disorganized.

Sleheyron – with its environs, and all related content – is going to be a massive project, on a scale that I’m not sure that the project is prepared for yet. We should not kid ourselves on the depth of such an undertaking.

It is all exciting given that it is very do-able with the latest breakthroughs, and with lightmaps becoming less elusive by the day.

I’ve been investigating different cut parts of the game, and I’ll post some nice findings shortly.

Quanon
08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Looks like we found our manager and top co-ordinator ,

You got may vote on all the above Southern-Fox , this is a project wich need an attidude of "long-vision".

I must admit I'm rather a person of shirt attention spans , so I need a firm set-up of date's , so that indeed I have a focus .

And ofcourse you nagging my head of , where's the picture ? Why isn't there a picture ? Did you finished the art , is that it ??? :lol:

And I'm in luck , we had an interesting speaker at college this year , he was a head-artist or lead-artist of a game studio .

He took us roughly how they designed a level , he showed us footage of concept-art , 3D mock-ups ,and actual peices of the level itself they where currently working on .

In each step he explained why they made these choices and what problems had cropped up .

It was very entertaining and educational .
Mainly to see how the pros do it . And not unexpectly it takes TIME , lots of it!

So I'd say have a serious talk with Sith-Revan and get yourself a temporary time-table with tasks for each department of the project .

Gargoyle King
08-14-2007, 10:07 AM
I think this is the way to go with such a huge project. Do stuff in parts at a time and don't rush things. If you aim for little goals instead of large ones the project, before you know it should eventually come together real nice, of course the bigger the team the easier the project will become (and the shorter it will take). I've seen all the concept art on the team-jawa forums, certainly looks promising! :D

SithRevan
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Well I agree with both of you two, I think would should have these things and I am really confident that if we do we'll exceed the expectations of the good people here at LF and the rest of the Kotor modding commmunity.

So anyway SF, give me a PM on this and tell me exactly what we'll have to do. I'l talk with the other team members or post an announcement on the boards and we'll get this gigantic ball rolling.;)

Quanon
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Well I agree with both of you two, I think would should have these things and I am really confident that if we do we'll exceed the expectations of the good people here at LF and the rest of the Kotor modding commmunity.

So anyway SF, give me a PM on this and tell me exactly what we'll have to do. I'l talk with the other team members or post an announcement on the boards and we'll get this gigantic ball rolling.;)

Don't push to hard , or we'll get squashed :lol: ( Indiana Jones tune starts playing ) :p

Ow , jeez , shouldn't be lurking on the boards , there's work to do !

southern_fox
08-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I’ll gladly send a message to you SithRevan.

I’d like to post some findings on different parts of the game that was cut. Soon, it may be a good idea to make a breakdown of what needs to be done and worked on in each module (a list of walkmeshes, lightmaps, doors, reworking or retooling, content, etc.).

For now, I only really looked into two areas, there are others.

Korriban; The Czerka administrative facilities.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2946/shot0012jb5.th.jpg (http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot0012jb5.jpg)

The module can actually be seen in the above screenshot, and in brief flashes throughout several game trailers.

The module seems to be close to being solid, with a few spare parts missing. Walking through it, I noticed that perhaps walkmeshes could be adjusted; lighting seemed actually good and consistent in most of the module. Certain surfaces definitely need work. The entrance door to the module that leads back into central Dreshdae needs to be filled in – it is just a gaping hole to nowhere. Doors are also needed in many of the walk-arches, as the released screenshot show that doors were in the module.

While there is no direct evidence, I think that it is intuitive that the plot/purpose of the Czerka modules is actually hinted to inside Bioware’s description of Korriban:

The unwary traveler arriving at the tiny spaceport of Dreshdae will only find a barren, forgotten backwater community of temporary settlements and crudely constructed shelters. Perhaps as the competent local mechanic services your ship, you might begin to sense that there is something else here, something festering. Soon you may start to hear things such as harsh voices slowly drifting through the thick air. Your heart will begin to beat faster, and your skin will begin to itch under your collar with the urge to climb back into your ship and leave this soulless place behind forever. Korriban is a graveyard of Sith Lords and a former power base of the Sith order. This is the cradle of darkness.

The spaceport is under the roof of the Czerka Corporation stronghold, the very center of power for the giant corporation run by President Pollard Seario. The city itself owes its existence to the power created by Czerka's generators. Perhaps Pollard seeks solace from his uncountable holdings in the vast emptiness of this world; perhaps he dreams of shadowy promises that ooze from the tombs of long dead Sith Lords.

Within Dreshdae is the Sith monastery -- still teeming with those who would wish to join the Sith order. Its ominous halls resonate with the cries of anguish from those who are undeserving of the order's dark power. Their stay within its merciless walls is short, brutal and forgotten.

For the very few who survive the Sith training and wish to complete their final rite of passage into the cold embrace of the Sith, they must face the Valley of the Dark Lords. Hundreds of ancient Sith sorcerers wait within the mausoleums. They lie in their dusty beds waiting to devour the weak and unworthy. The Valley seethes with the foul energy of a thousand restless spirits murmuring of sinister glories.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6830/kotor0000bct9.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0000bct9.jpg)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7536/kotor0003bnc6.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0003bnc6.jpg)

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1089/kotor0004bqn3.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0004bqn3.jpg)

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4774/kotor0010bsh6.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0010bsh6.jpg)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9823/kotor0011bah7.th.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0011bah7.jpg)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1448/kotor0009btm7.th.jpg (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0009btm7.jpg)
Pollard Seario's desk?

It seems that this nice snippet of the game was removed either in the middle or late part of the development cycle – perhaps it had a very involved and detailed quest. There are still references in voice dialogue of Czerka employees to Dreshdae being a regional administrative headquarters. It seems that this was modified from the original idea of being the central headquarters.

Knowing all of this, I’d like opinions on how to fill the module. Personally, I’d like the regional headquarters status to be kept, and the module reintegrated into the game with this in mind.

Czerka is meant to be a ‘slimy’ and self-centered corporate organization – it does not actually participate in the war, and has not ‘declared war’ on the Republic. This is evident by the references that Czerka maintains a public relations kiosk on Coruscant and has shareholders in the core worlds. However, Czerka is clearly arming and aiding the Sith Empire. Putting the module in as a ‘central headquarters’ disrupts this plot, and puts Czerka too much overtly on the side of the Sith – and the modules are a little small for such a job, considering that there must be a presiding board of some kind.

Pollard Seario needs to factor into this somehow – perhaps a regional manager of Czerka; a very high-ranking person.

Tatooine; the catacombs and ancient Rakatan ruins

Much more work is needed here. Certain walls and surfaces need adjusting and are transparent. The player can see through walls often if they lean against them.

Walkmeshes are very incomplete, certain walls can make the player 'get stuck', and have to turn around. Lightmaps are needed here, probably identical to the ones found in the caves on Korriban and the ruins on Dantooine; a dark atmosphere with dust/fog ambiance is needed.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6533/smallcave1kd5.th.jpg (http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smallcave1kd5.jpg)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4184/templecave5vf3.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templecave5vf3.jpg)

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/968/templecave6ru2.th.jpg (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templecave6ru2.jpg)

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5858/templecave7vd5.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templecave7vd5.jpg)

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6462/temple1yn2.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temple1yn2.jpg)

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1306/temple2wq6.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temple2wq6.jpg)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1671/tempepit1zg6.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tempepit1zg6.jpg)

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/428/templepit3nb9.th.jpg (http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=templepit3nb9.jpg)
The pit room.

I'm not certain of the exact storyline, but we know what was in there from the writers:

We cut several sections out of Tatooine. The Star Map on Tatooine was originally located in the maw of a Sarlacc pit. The player had to find the Sarlacc pit in a cave complex and then figure out how to descend into the pit without becoming the Sarlacc's next snack.

While not evidence, I assume from the bold part that it was not just a cakewalk to explore the entire cave/temple all at once, probably there were barriers in the way.

The player had to get into the temple (which must have had doors planned/intended, like the ones on Dantooine), and then through the temple, and then into the pit room.

As far as the Sarlacc, I have to sadly argue against restoration of the it. It is however just my single opinion.

In short, I don’t think that it is realistic – the animations and complexities of creating such a creature are just too much, unless we have quite a bit of knowledge about custom game animations, and I am under the impression that the community does not. Personally, I’d love it, but I have doubts that it can be done professionally – and if it cannot be done right, we should avoid doing it at all. That is, unless someone has a brilliant idea on how to make it.

I'd really like to be wrong on that.

I'd be thrilled to have more modules in the bottom the pit, with a descent like on Kashyyyk. Down there, beneath even the temple, a much darker, danker, and more misty cavern exists. Maybe even several puddles of water; if significant moisture exists on Tatooine, it is certainly this far down underground. There, the Star Map rests.

Quanon
08-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Wow, didn't know that there was so much Cerzka Corp on Korriban .

I don't have much to say about this , but it looks great and like you mentioned a bit easier to restore and repait then the other cutted-parts .

Allthough one questions : What is Revan supposed to do there , going in to kill the head-director is just a bit pointless . Why ? What is his goal to go fighting ?

The plot should not over-do the main quest of infiltrating the Sith Academy , IMO .

On the Tatooine-Temple , restoring Walkmeshes will soon be a piece of cake , Magnulls program Kaurora works like a charm .

It just needs some good polishing , but that's Magnulls department ofcourse.

But we need direction , guess thats your job SF ;) , we can't be working on allthings the same time , it'll be mess anyway to get just one of these areas working like we want it.

southern_fox
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
The plot should not over-do the main quest of infiltrating the Sith Academy , IMO .

I fully agree. The quest/plot of the Czerka area should not interfere with the main plot of Korriban. It would be highly unrealistic to assassinate such a figure close to the Sith and then suddenly become a member.

SithRevan
08-19-2007, 07:37 PM
We have a new update on our site! Check here (http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com) in the "Status Reports" page.;)

Miltiades
08-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Great update! This is very exciting, I hope you can get the breakthrough by the end of the year. And Quanon, your concept art and models are impressive. Really amazing! Good job, everyone, keep it up. ;)

Adelphus
08-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Exciting times indeed, I just wish it wasn't so hard to get in touch with Quanon in real time.

The Source
08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Pretty cool project. I hope you will all have fun in the proccess. "KotOR I" is perfect as is, and this will only continue to make it even more greater. Kudos!

SithRevan
08-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Thank you all! We're really excited about this new update and all of the cool thing that, I can promise, will be coming out soon and your appreciation of what we have done gives us the kick in the behinds to get done what needs to get done.
Pretty cool project. I hope you will all have fun in the proccess. "KotOR I" is perfect as is, and this will only continue to make it even more greater. Kudos!
Also in particular I want to thank you The Source for your comment as it is in-fact one of your last posts. So thank you.

And again thank you all for your support!:D

southern_fox
08-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Just for kicks, here is the concept of the Sleheyron mineshafts.

Dark, and deep into the bedrock, here is where the ores and gases are mined for Sleheyron's booming fuel exports. It is well underneath all of the industrial apparatus above, and a hot deathtrap. Not all tunnels are this narrow, and some open up into large natural vaults. It is also where the player descends in a certain search:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/346/sleheyronminesgj3.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sleheyronminesgj3.jpg)

Quanon has seen it.

I intend to disperse to the team members as soon as I can a sort of 'descriptive guide to Sleheyron' soon – complete with interwoven concept art, original screenshots, and footnotes.

First to SithRevan, then immediately to the developing staff - as soon as I can get around to finishing it though.

I really think the concept art by Quanon is amazing, by the way. It spurs on more ideas just looking at it. SithRevan, your personal work on Korriban’s Czerka facilities look excellent and highly professional.

SithRevan
08-20-2007, 02:36 AM
SithRevan, your personal work on Korriban’s Czerka facilities look excellent and highly professional.
Thank you SF, I actually am no where near getting all of the doors in the module aligned correctly. I am close however most of the doors in the module are off by fractional amounts unfortunatly. I am however working on fixing that.;)

Also, another thing that I saw in the level were two rooms that had been cut so who knows we may see even more new areas in the new area.:D

Quanon
08-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Exciting times indeed, I just wish it wasn't so hard to get in touch with Quanon in real time.

I know , you canadians are hard to catch ;) :lol:

If I'm not there in real time send me PMs or e-mails , most of my communication with SF is through e-mail and it didn't stop us from swapping ideas .

Or unless you have a privite Jet , I can come to youre house untill the mod is released :D

Don't worry about it to much Adelphus , if you got some neat arty or 3D things post them in the Jawa-forums .

As I'm interested what you have been up to .

Miltiades
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Saw the new concept art update, Quanon, and it's really amazing. I could already see someone working at a terminal, and droids walking by. :)

southern_fox
08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Quanon, I recently saw the 3D experimental renders on the website forum and I loved them.

With the eventual use of the Sleheyron textures, I think that really I could not distinguish it from the 'feel' of Sleheyron expressed in Bioware's screenshots. It is all very professional.

The internal room (a depot near the port, I assume) is exactly how I imagined it; it is great in keeping with size and proportions of rooms found in the rest of the game. The mini-map is fantastic. When writing, I imagined a depot room in the main street (near the port) that is close to the feel this room.

On a side note, right now, I'm wrestling with a take on the Sleheyron Arena.

I'm viewing it as having multiple modules, but not too much. I am thinking that there is a cantina-like room in the interior (roughly like a concessions area, but much much much more 'bar' like). Patrons, scum, etc.

In all probability, the player cannot actually enter the bleachers (a tad too jarring, and too many NCPs), but can fight in the main arena, alternate arenas, or enter various rooms in the building. Bioware's comments highlight that there were multiple arenas other than the 'main one'.

Private box rooms, a hypogeum like arena area, etc. I have rough notes on a private box room for a character called 'Borrcha the Hutt', that the player can enter and interact in and has importance to gaining an audience with Suuda.

A lot of the inspiration comes from the Mos Espa Arena level found in the TPM game but I'm trying a different and better take on it.

Pavlos
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Your plans for the arena seem wonderful but I hope you're taking stock of the demarcation between concept and reality. It's great to have these creative ideas but the ability to put all of them into motion is just as important, if not slightly more so. I'm just speaking as one who has made this mistake in the past (on the not-to-be-named-failed-project :xp: ). It all looks so terribly exciting, and I'd hate for it to go down the drain. Ambition is wonderful... just channel that ambition into something possible and get the boundaries clearly set in your head. You are probably well aware of all this and I'm just babbling but I wanted to make sure you don't make the same mistakes as we made on M4-78RP.

I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism because it's not intended as such - merely as advice.

southern_fox
08-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism because it's not intended as such - merely as advice.

Not at all, I am in full agreement with your sentiment, and I understand and appreciate the echo from my own internal concerns (that are not best expressed when I go on openly about concepts and ideas).

Be aware, I entered this project as a skeptic.

When writing drafts, I often attempt to catch myself from going too far; hence the difficulty associated with working on such a project. My two largest concerns are that the project can't be too disproportional to the rest of the game (the arena is a serious danger in this regard), and that there is a fine line between imagining and implementing.

I generally believe that several ideas, particularly about the arena, that will be shortened, abbreviated, etc. I would hope that others are not under any illusion that this won't happen.

Personally, I've kept everything (at least, my work in the project) on the note-only level for this reason, and held back until I've seen a working new module. Quanon has seen drafts for his own purposes.

The departing advice post given at the demise of M4-78 is of a strong importance to this project, I would hope that others agree.

MacTavish
08-22-2007, 09:42 PM
The departing advice post given at the demise of M4-78 is of a strong importance to this project, I would hope that others agree.
Demise? Does that mean you guys aren't going to restore M4-78?

Zonzai
08-22-2007, 09:46 PM
:3pdance:

I'm really excited about this!!!

Fortunately I have C3P0 to dance a jig for me.

Miltiades
08-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Demise? Does that mean you guys aren't going to restore M4-78?

They are. He meant the demise of Team Bantha's M4-78.

MacTavish
08-23-2007, 10:11 AM
They are. He meant the demise of Team Bantha's M4-78.

Oh good. :thumbsup:

Quanon
08-23-2007, 11:53 AM
@Pavlos : Fear not , I'm fully aware that all this work and effort may be in vain , there's no telling how things will turn out .

But its not all lost , working on this project gives me a change to boost my skills in Max .

I have tons of fun drawing , modelling , ... etc .

And with SF drafts I have a more clear path to follow , besides I'm fully aware will need to drop things down a notch here and there .

I think where all now in a sort "everything-is-possible" mind set .

But again , I see the oppertunity this project gives me .
Else I wouldn't have joined up , cause I know there are a lot of dead threads here on Holowan about BIG GIGANTIC MODS .

Ayways , back to work :p .

And SF if you have new drafts and ideas PM me or e-mail me , been awhile since I heard of you ;)

Malpense
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow, just checked out the progress page and it looks really impressive. Nice work guys!

Cerrabore
08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Here's a possible music restoration. LucasArts's Knights of the Old Republic page (now no longer up) featured a music sample titled mus_area_tup.mp3. However, this music was never heard in the game. Based on the fact that it is area, not battle, music and on "tup," I think it was intended to play as area music in Davik's estate after Malak orders the destruction of Taris and the player is making his/her escape.

Seamhainn
08-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Do you have a link?

Cerrabore
08-29-2007, 07:14 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/816088B87328EE40

southern_fox
08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Here's a possible music restoration. LucasArts's Knights of the Old Republic page (now no longer up) featured a music sample titled mus_area_tup.mp3. However, this music was never heard in the game. Based on the fact that it is area, not battle, music and on "tup," I think it was intended to play as area music in Davik's estate after Malak orders the destruction of Taris and the player is making his/her escape.

I've actually had the file on my computer for a while.

I'm not sure what exactly it was intended for; 'area' denotes an actual place rather than a battle theme (and it actually has the sound and feel of a video cut-scene theme).

SithRevan
08-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I think I may know which area that music was intended for. At first I thought it may be for a new planet with the first three letters "tup", but going through the wikipedia Star Wars Planet database I found that there are no such planets with no such letterings. So I came to the conclusion, after looking through the "Streammusic" folder for the game, that it was not for a new area or even a area like Davik's Base but for the Upper City of Taris. I believe this music to be the Alpha stage music variant for the upper part of Taris. I base this conclusion on the fact that there is a file in the streammusic folder that closely resembles the files name, "mus_area_tup," and it is for Taris's upper section and it's name is "mus_area_tarisup."

Now as for using as it was originally intended to be used... well I don't know about that. The music for that area suits it well. I'm thinking of maybe using it for another area that doesn't have quite the right music or maybe using it for the launcher that we'll be releasing in this modification.

It is something we'll have to think about though.

Master Zionosis
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Hmmm... To me that sounds more like battle music than an area, but SithRevan is probably right about what it was going to be used for, the first that came to my mind when I saw tup was Taris Upper City :). But I really don't think it suites Taris at all, maybe battle music Taris, but not like walking around Taris music, I prefer the current Taris music present in game :)

southern_fox
08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I think that SithRevan is right; it is most likely connected to the Taris Upper City.

However, I am somewhat skeptical that it was the 'walking around' music. Its just too jumpy. It had to have some certain purpose, I'm not sure what.

SykoRevan
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
If nobody minds, I was thinking of adding this track to a mod I'm working on, as new music is part of what I'm adding, and I think I could find a place for this particular track.

SithRevan
08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
However, I am somewhat skeptical that it was the 'walking around' music. Its just too jumpy. It had to have some certain purpose, I'm not sure what.
Well you have to remember SF if this is indeed the Alpha stage music variant for the Taris Upper City it most likely would have fit into the portrayed environment. Taris, originally in it's Alpha stages, was supposed to have a Dark Jedi occupation and you were supposed to already have your Jedi abilities when you got in there. Now since that was supposed to be the storyline for Taris you would expect to find more daunting music in that area. Now though since they have constructed a storyline in which you get your Jedi abilities after leaving Taris it would completely irraticate the need for such music as there would not be any Dark Jedi or daunting fights.

@Everyone: No, we are not restoring the Alpha stages of Taris BTW.;)
If nobody minds, I was thinking of adding this track to a mod I'm working on, as new music is part of what I'm adding, and I think I could find a place for this particular track.
I don't mind. Just know that we might think about using that music in other places in the mod.;)

Kado Sunrider
08-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Rev check your email. And, i think I'll take you up on your offer about letting me use SL. That takes a load off my back. If you liked my BluePrints i can make you some more.

Sith Holocron
08-30-2007, 04:22 AM
Sith Revan, will K1RP be compatible with Coola's Coruscant Mod? It certainly would nice to be able to play both on the same playthrough.

Master Zionosis
08-30-2007, 05:10 AM

Actually you don't need permission from anybody as it is owned by Lucas Arts, was intended to be in KotOR and if they publicly released it, then you can use it in a mod without even telling anyone it's there ;)

SithRevan
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Sith Revan, will K1RP be compatible with Coola's Coruscant Mod? It certainly would nice to be able to play both on the same playthrough.
I don't see why not. Coola, from what I can tell, is just making Coruscant, not modding the whole game or modifying existing things in the game so his/her mod would be pretty contained to just a .mod file and would therefore not effect what we are trying to do.;)

Master Zionosis
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't see why not. Coola, from what I can tell, is just making Coruscant, not modding the whole game or modifying existing things in the game so his/her mod would be pretty contained to just a .mod file and would therefore not effect what we are trying to do.;)

Unless it is added to the galaxy map, I can almost know for certain that Sleheyron will be added when released, and I can imagine Coola wanting to add Corucant to the list as well, in which case SithRevan and Coola will need to confer to find out which slots they will be using for the GM (Galaxy Map) :)

SithRevan
08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Unless it is added to the galaxy map, I can almost know for certain that Sleheyron will be added when released, and I can imagine Coola wanting to add Corucant to the list as well, in which case SithRevan and Coola will need to confer to find out which slots they will be using for the GM (Galaxy Map) :)
Well then when we are making the installer for our mod we'll put in an edit feature so if it sees that there is already the galaxy map GUI file in the user's override it will just edit it and make the appropriate changes so it will show both Sleheyron and any other planet that has been added into that file.;)

silvershot 101
12-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Can any one enlighten me on whats going on. There there's been a certain inaction on the web site, http://team-jawa.kotor2files.com/forum/index.php has sithrevan disappeared ? its embarrassing for me as iam a member of the team and i don't know whats going on !

IS IT OVER OR NOT ? I DON'T KNOW ?

Mod note: Merged thread with the K1 Restoration Project thread. ~M

southern_fox
12-30-2007, 01:29 PM
To be honest, the team has no definite status.

The project is not moving forward, nor has it been officially disbanded. It kind of … stopped. Everyone became bogged down with other commitments in their lives around August through October (myself included), which is when the dramatic fall in activity happened. When I had my hands free again, it became apparent to me that the project fell into a sort of lull. It is a shame, because I liked writing for the project. Going to the team website is probably the best measure of where the project stands – the forums over there are virtually abandoned.

I'll digress and say that I'm not too sad about it, looking at its ambitions and its chances. There was a solid roster and a certain circle of very talented people, but it was always more or less just 4-6 active people working relatively independently. I never worked with anyone other than SithRevan or Quanon. That sort of fragmentation is death for a project of such ambition. I could never shake the feeling that I was working alone (which was not true, but the feeling was always there). I thought (and at least once or twice expressed) that the team should adopt the advice of Pavlos – who formerly was attached to the Droid Planet Restoration Team – in how to structure the project and advance. He had a lot of good advice in his post-mortem. But it came to nothing. No coffee-table meetings, or whatever the internet equivalent. No chats. No extended threads focusing on organization or the gritty details. No project structure. Development teams on a project of such size need to be a group effort. Goals were somewhat loose and hazy (and sometimes threads on the board about what to do were unrealistic or dreamy), work proceeded independently for each person, and to the best of my knowledge there was no timetable.

It should not be a huge surprise that the project petered out. Which is a darn shame considering all of the good that came out of this. Thanks to Magnusll, Lucasforums now has the tools to create entirely new modules; walkmeshes and lighting are no longer complete mysteries. Quanon created some incredible artwork that I still have; models and designs for Sleheyron were fantastic. I never came close to completing my writing, but I'm very satisfied with what I created.

To your question about SithRevan – I’ve been out of contact with SithRevan for a few months, and I don’t know if he still comes to these boards. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see him. I don’t know where or what his last post was, or if he said goodbye (the last I saw him, I remember something about Halo).

I'd still sign up for a serious and professional effort to restructure the project, but I don't feel that it will happen.

Darth InSidious
12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
To be honest, the team has no definite status.

The project is not moving forward, nor has it been officially disbanded. It kind of … stopped. Everyone became bogged down with other commitments in their lives around August through October (myself included), which is when the dramatic fall in activity happened. When I had my hands free again, it became apparent to me that the project is in a sort of lull. It is a shame, because I liked writing for the project. Going to the team website is probably the best measure of where the project stands – the forums over there are virtually abandoned.

I'll digress and say that I'm not too sad about it, looking at its ambitions and its chances. There was a solid roster and a certain circle of very talented people, but it was always more or less just 4-6 active people working relatively independently. I never worked with anyone other than SithRevan or Quanon. That sort of fragmentation is death for a project of such ambition. I could never shake the feeling that I was working alone (which was not true, but the feeling was always there). I thought (and at least once or twice expressed) that the team should adopt the advice of Pavlos – who formerly was attached to the Droid Planet Restoration Team – in how to structure the project and advance. He had a lot of good advice in his post-mortem. But it came to nothing. No coffee-table meetings, or whatever the internet equivalent. No chats. No extended threads focusing on organization or the gritty details. No project structure. Development teams on a project of such size need to be a group effort. Goals were somewhat loose and hazy (and sometimes threads on the board about what to do were unrealistic or dreamy), work proceeded independently for each person, and to the best of my knowledge there was no timetable.

It should not be a huge surprise that the project petered out. Which is a darn shame considering all of the good that came out of this. Thanks to Magnusll, Lucasforums now has the tools to create entirely new modules; walkmeshes and lighting are no longer complete mysteries. Quanon created some incredible artwork that I still have; models and designs for Sleheyron were fantastic. I never came close to completing my writing, but I'm very satisfied with what I created.

To your question about SithRevan – I’ve been out of contact with SithRevan for a few months, and I don’t know if he still comes to these boards. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see him. I don’t know where or what his last post was, or if he said goodbye (the last I saw him, I remember something about Halo).

I'd still sign up for a serious and professional effort to restructure the project, but I don't feel that it will happen.
Not in its present form, anyway. In truth, the mod should've been split into a restoration and the effective invention of Sleheyron.

You are right that there was no timetable- there wasn't even a definitive vision of what was to be restored, or what would not be taken on, and the suggestion of such a thing was met with indifference. What organisation there was was also...irregular.

Del_Boy
12-31-2007, 05:41 AM
Thats a damn shame i was looking forward to that mod, see the way i look at it- kotor 3 probably won't happen so we need large mods to fill the void.
oh well lets hope tslrp doesn't fold aswell.

CrisG
12-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Can the team at least make an instlll of what is completed? I would really appreciate it if one of you would at least post what there is in some form of installable content. thanks.

Darth Payne
12-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Maybe hand the project over to another team if they pull out of it?

That would keep the mod alive, i think.

CrisG
12-31-2007, 07:07 PM
And I think focusing on restoration is essential to gain the widest and most significant support for current and future players.

Darth InSidious
12-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Can the team at least make an instlll of what is completed? I would really appreciate it if one of you would at least post what there is in some form of installable content. thanks.
Virtually nothing was completed in the first place.

@D27: Who did you have in mind? Who has the experience, the organisation, the time and is willing to do so?

Darth Payne
12-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Haven't a clue.

I just got involved with this site almost two months ago.

Maybe open a new thread, asking for modders able enough to handle it.

Ctrl Alt Del
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
I always thought this wouldn't go far...

southern_fox
12-31-2007, 10:02 PM

To my knowledge (and I'm absolutely sure that there was more done by other members, I just don't know about it for the reasons I've explained, so I really apologize if I don't mention any person's contributions), you would end up receiving:

My writing drafts, Quanon's concept artwork, Quanon's models and 3D work (which really are first-rate, especially his artwork), Magnusll's work with the KAurora Editor (which has been released in its own right), SithRevan's work on the Korriban-Czerka module, two patches that placed Shuma the Hutt and the Iriaz on Dantooine (that I felt was certainly not completed even though it was released as "final")...

I'm totally sure that there was more though. I worked pretty independently, so I'm unaware of much of what the rest of the team had done. Thats just the stuff that I came into direct contact with.

CrisG
01-01-2008, 03:02 AM
I am new here, but I care deeply for the future of KOTR. I am in a place in my life when I have a great deal of time for a number of reasons, and some resources that I am willing to help this effort with, at least to archive and preserve what has been done. I am a game researcher and 2D professional artist who has been studying both game history and development and 3D design, and feel that KOTR I is one of the masterpieces of game literature and the effort to restore content is very valueable.

I am willing to help set up a secure place for files to be kept,and to work with the team or former team for this purpose and to help try to see if others will come who have the expereince and skills to complete possible tasks. I do not know the complete techncial scale of what is restorable, in the way of files included in the total file set for the game, nor what might be restored reasonably but am certainly willing to help consider the problems and the situation. I have no motive other than helping preseve what can be saved in the way of the work that you all have done, for it is clear that there will be no KOTR III from Biowar or LucasArts from what both their senior staffs have said, at least at this time. I think it is therefore doubly important to try to see that there is every possible resource saved from the original vision.

I cannot address what might have been done in the way of add on mods, nor am I at all knowledgable enough on the game or the SW unvierse to speak to the value of any effort of that kind. But I can clearly see the coherence and the overall ethos and way the game story and mechanics of KOTR work so well, and can see and believe totally in the value of any effort to return any content to its rightful place that can be achieved.

I think it is important that any resources that are saved are clearly saved with the intention of this form of preservation and therefore become archived for the future good of the game, and available for any serious efforts now or future to continue this work. That is my humble opinion.

Del_Boy
01-01-2008, 03:27 AM
a lot of jargon there my friend
are you saying you want to take over the project ?

CrisG
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I am saying
1. I am willing to help preserve the files and the work done to date for those who are qualified and interested in continuing the preservatoin and restoration work.
2. I am far from qualified in terms of knowledge of the SW universe and KOTR as both a game and a story to be a project leader, having only recently entered into the SW games.
3. I appologize for my many words, my intentions and hopes are to help if help can preserve what has been achieved so that others can carry on, and I am willing to help organize and coordinate as a helper and to lead as it is needed in this way.

Darth InSidious
01-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I am saying
1. I am willing to help preserve the files and the work done to date for those who are qualified and interested in continuing the preservatoin and restoration work.
2. I am far from qualified in terms of knowledge of the SW universe and KOTR as both a game and a story to be a project leader, having only recently entered into the SW games.
3. I appologize for my many words, my intentions and hopes are to help if help can preserve what has been achieved so that others can carry on, and I am willing to help organize and coordinate as a helper and to lead as it is needed in this way.
There is very little to store, and it is mostly on personal computeres. Anyhow, despite the generosity of your offer, it potentially could create problems in terms of permissions and property.

Quanon
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
There is very little to store, and it is mostly on personal computeres. Anyhow, despite the generosity of your offer, it potentially could create problems in terms of permissions and property.

Indeed , I only got some crappy ruff versions of one area for Sleheyron .

I'm do know Sith Revan had remade some missing Cerzka base on Korriban , but have no clue how much he finished .

The Tantooine temple hasn't been worked on , I think ... perhaps some ideas where noted , but thats all I think .

Anyway , for just the half of this project to succeed , you would need a bunch of 3D modellers : I fear I was boldly "stupid" brave to think I could create a whole planet on my own .

Though I'm not unhappy I jumped on the bandwagon .

I think I pushed Magnusll to further develope Kaurora , plus I have now a juicy looking Temple to wander around in in K1 .

If this thing was ever to fly again , I would want at least 2 other 3D modellers on the team , though I fear running an "art department" is difficult .

Mainly across the Internet ...

Anyways enough of my sobbing and nagging .

CrisG
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Such an effort might take a form like this:

A Master List of content hosted on the Team Site, with each component listed by maker, type and what it contains.
Each of these items could be labelled: Open (as in available for any who wished to work with them as long as they promise to ackwledge the source in any work they do and comply with all restrictions on modding as set forth in the EULA and by LA and Biowar. or Restricted: (as in anyone who wished to consider using that item woudl need to contact the maker or authorizing person with a contact e mail or link to get in touch with them, but still a listing of the contents.

This might preserve the work and also protect the creators and their rights in a simple format. The files themselves could be stored on Filefront with the usual notices of restriction of use, acknowledgement and attribution and honouring the EULA etc.) either with a public link for the Open files or a contact address for the creator for the Restricted files.

There could be a final category if necesary of Closed Files, files that were created and were lost or declined for use, with contact info for the maker, in case someone wanted to try to reproduce the work and the creator would be willing to help with imput on the challenges etc.

This might be hosted as I suggested on the Team site which could be preserved for a year at least to see how things go. I am willing to help with the costs of keeping it open if helpful.

magnusll
01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Such an effort might take a form like this:

I'm in a somewhat peculiar position in this, as I've been working on a tool (KAurora) which is not necessarily linked to any project in particular but can theoretically be used in any mod. Though, truth to be said, the initial impulse in writing KAurora was in fact given by the K1RP.

In any case, I have no problems whatsoever in making KAurora available to any site which may want to host it. If you do create an hosting site, just let me know and I'll send you the package. Allowing me to directly upload it (and edit the relevant description) would make the release of new versions somewhat smoother than what currently is, as I could then mantain a "stable" release, which gets updated every once in a while, and a "development" release containing the most up-to-date version, incomplete as it might be. But this is not a requirement. In any case, StarWarsKnights will keep getting regular updates until I stop the development work.

Seamhainn
01-02-2008, 10:31 AM
It would be great if we could get a statement from SithRevan. It seems that he actually *did* a lot of work for this project. Unfortunately its not publicly known and/or available.

Take care

CrisG
01-02-2008, 01:07 PM
OK< well we will keep working on it gently and see what happens, today i get to do a monitor replacement i think so i will check in as i can, and we will see what we can do. :)

And thanks MagnusII that is very generous and the spirit I hope we can generate among those working on this project of sharing what has been done for future possiblities, always preserving and honouring attribuition and authorship in every way I would hope.

southern_fox
01-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Don't get me wrong Chris, I'd be happy to turn over what I have; the problem is that none of it is actually an installable or playable program. I'm really happy that you are interested. Its just that I don't have any models or things that could be used to create a new area.

My work specifically was relegated to Microsoft Word documents. Area descriptions, rundowns, synopsis-style stories. Stuff like that. Even that is not complete.

I'm not sure what good it could do to hand it off to a future team, although I'm not necessarily closed to the idea. I would imagine though that if a new team came along to attempt to do what this project attempted, they would probably make their own storylines/descriptions.

I probably got about only 1/3 of Sleheyron written out, at least as I saw it. I had a broad overview of the world, and I knew where I wanted to go with it, but I did not hammer out smaller details in a lot of areas, especially the "lower levels" of Sleheyron City. Most of what I wrote was for the upper area.

The lower areas, as well as the mines, have brief but colorful descriptions, and have no where near the intimate detail of areas like the landing pad or the streets. Outside of Sleheyron, I have a very brief rundown of Pollard Seario, the Czerka administrator of Dreshdae; a Sith sympathizer, antiquities collector and embezzler, playing his own allies in order to steal discovered artifacts. I vaguely thought of some sort of mission where the player can recover an artifact for him, or double-cross him and tell the Sith, who in turn gives the player a mission for his silent assassination, but I wrote nothing of it.

If you plan on organizing a revival of the project, or are recruiting others; thats great. I'd love to see this project fly.

Other stuff that the project made, like the artwork and 3D stuff were Quanon's work; as such, its best to ask him.

As Quanon said, for the project to be successful, whatever team that assumes the job will need to be significantly large; I might add intelligent, and well experienced. I felt a bit overwhelmed writing most of everything, and I'm sure he felt the same about all of the artwork. It burns me out. If the project did fly again, I'd be really happy to continue (in my spare time). But the team would need to be larger, more interconnected, and more active.

Seamhainn
01-03-2008, 03:06 AM
@CrisG: Start a new forum or better yet, start a email list with the persons who want to help. I would like to help, as little as my help is worth.

Take care

Inyri
01-03-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm in a somewhat peculiar position in this, as I've been working on a tool (KAurora) which is not necessarily linked to any project in particular but can theoretically be used in any mod. Though, truth to be said, the initial impulse in writing KAurora was in fact given by the K1RP.

In any case, I have no problems whatsoever in making KAurora available to any site which may want to host it. If you do create an hosting site, just let me know and I'll send you the package. Allowing me to directly upload it (and edit the relevant description) would make the release of new versions somewhat smoother than what currently is, as I could then mantain a "stable" release, which gets updated every once in a while, and a "development" release containing the most up-to-date version, incomplete as it might be. But this is not a requirement. In any case, StarWarsKnights will keep getting regular updates until I stop the development work.You need a website, my man. If you need some free space with limited restrictions KotORFiles provides hosting for mod-related sites. They've yet to have anyone take them up on it, either.

Quanon
01-03-2008, 07:27 AM
You need a website, my man. If you need some free space with limited restrictions KotORFiles provides hosting for mod-related sites. They've yet to have anyone take them up on it, either.

Indeed , I think that would greatly help to spread the "WORD" .

Most people still think this programme is for a lucky few and you need to be privelegde or something to get it ... Which is ofcourse NOT the case !

I would grab that change Mag ! :p

@Topic :

and I'm sure he felt the same about all of the artwork. It burns me out.

Yep , that is more or less what happened , I had a blast of energy in the first 2 months , then I just got bogged down and there where some other prived issues that needed to be handled .

Plus it started to look like I was the only one doing something , no offense to the other team members , I'm sure they somehow feel the sameway about it .

And like I said before , this project needs a strong ART arm , mainly in the beginning .

One man on its own can do a part of an area , but not all .

If I take a wild guess if I would continue to work on Sleheyron ( and get it to nice level of hobby modelling ) I would like need 2 years to get things working .

And I'm thinking positive here ...

Anyway , to bring this back out of the dead , we need a strong batch of leaders , to take care for all aspects of this big mod .

Who can setup somesort of planning , devide the tasks to various modders .

Just my IMO .

Seamhainn
01-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Hello!

I think Sleyheron is what killed the project. As Quanon stated, his estimate is two years to complete the planet. I think its importent to concentrate on the RESTORATION of the stuff which is already on the cd (and give it some finishing touches maybe).

For example: Deadeye Duncan on Manaan is already been resurrected by Dart333. The mod (or restoration) could stand as it is. It doesn't lend anything new to game, but gives it some nice conversation for the pc. The only odd thing about it, I always thought, is that Duncan stays put if you don't kill him (which I actually never did, as I am a lightside sissy). He begins the conversation on and on if you let him. I think he just should walk away and disappeare when the conversation ends. But that is all there is to say about it.

The developers might or might not have a side quest regarding Duncan intended. We don't know it, and the folks who did the proggy are not available to ask them. So the team should discuss wether Duncan should walk away or not, and that is all there is to restore him. (Of course others might make a side quest for/with him, but that is a mod then and not restoration.)

These are just my two credits, of course. But I think those nice bits and peaces could be done and released in a manageable time frame, and I would gladly help (as little as that help might be) with such a project.

Take care

Quanon
01-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Hello!
I think Sleyheron is what killed the project. As Quanon stated, his estimate is two years to complete the planet. I think its importent to concentrate on the RESTORATION of the stuff which is already on the cd (and give it some finishing touches maybe).

True , very true .

Sleheyron was a project on its own , wich would have needed a big team .

Perhaps I made the wrong choice and should have started on the Rakatan Temple on Tatooine .

I think I would have had more result and other Team members could finannly start modding on the area filling it with life and the nessecary bits for the Star Map quest .

But , no ... I had to go for a whole new planet :lol:

Alas , its one of many projects that died because it was to big to handle .

Darth InSidious
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
It wasn't just Sleheyron. No-one seemed willing to accept reasonable limits. There was talk of adding sidequests to the few released fixes before we'd even got the main restoration-work done.

Seamhainn
01-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Okay, who wants to take over the torch? I already contacted Darth333 via pm if she would lend a hand to fix Deadeye Duncan finally. (No answer yet.) Who is willing to add his/her knowledge to finish some of the possible restorations?

Take care

CrisG
01-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Excellent dialog going on here, thanks so much for all of you sharing your thoughts as they seem very to the point about the way that restoration can and might proceed. I will look into a website or see if it is possible to keep the current one going as a place to keep dialog up, i am currently calibrating a new larger monitor which takes some time as i am a artist and have to have exact specs, but when that is done i will look into a place to put files so there can be a repository. My feeling is that focusing on resotration initially, and smaller scale achievements will give a chance for team building and coherence and success to happen, even a small achievement completed gives a nice feeling, and builds strength. I feel any effort will be rewarding as this is a key time, there may be some chance of connection with existing staff at the companies at some point, who knows, and there is the strong flow of energy in the community based on the power of the game itself. Thanks again for the replies and interaction, this is the place that it has happened, and I am glad to see it. For now I will start a thread here, on resources for ppl to post about, in a simplified way, as a way to start seeing what is available. That can be moved to a new forum or site as suggested as things grow if they do.

southern_fox
01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
It wasn't just Sleheyron. No-one seemed willing to accept reasonable limits. There was talk of adding sidequests to the few released fixes before we'd even got the main restoration-work done.

Yes, thank you. I think that multiple factors combined to make the project too heavy. No one seemed to want to get down to technical details, or to set reasonable benchmarks, limited goals, etc. Discussion about Coruscant or Yavin honestly had no place in the project – unfocused imaginations, “this would be cool” mentalities, and wandering off target caused a total lack of focus.

A project of such a size needs to have very precise goals about what to do, how to do it, who does it, and exactly what to leave behind and make no attempt in doing. I think that the success and ongoing life of Team Gizka can be partially attributed to that. They rejected restoring aspects of the game that it became clear that they could not do – for whatever reasons, from a lack of existing material, to content size and time requirements, and so on. That’s why the Droid Planet was left behind. As has been repeated many times already, Sleheyron really would need a team of its own to have a hope of a chance of being playable. A writer, an artist, and a few other people working independently were a wholly inadequate approach to the enormous task. I would say that, at minimum, 25 active and experienced people alone would need to be dedicated to a planet. There are parts to the project that really needed to be dropped, like restoring the Sarlaac beast – which I didn’t think could be done professionally. Or the Swoop bike-parts stuff, which I’m not sure how it could have been implemented to improve the rather-linear races. It all sounded cool, but goals needed to be realistic, defined, and have a clear approach in how to tackle them. Otherwise, they go nowhere – which is exactly what happened.

Sleheyron would be great, but it’s a work from scratch, and just too enormous. I think that time should have been spent on things that, as have been said, were already partially found intact. Like the Tatooine Temple or the Czerka module. Fixing them and integrating them to the game are realistic goals. Building an entire world from concept – not so much.

For the project to become alive, goals would need to be starkly defined, realistic, and have a sufficient number of experienced people dedicated to them.

Seamhainn
01-03-2008, 05:40 PM
As this is SithRevan's thread about his and his teams project I feel a bit that we are cannibalizing his efforts and this thread. Unfortunately he can't be contacted via his website/forum. So I suggest, another forum should be opened to discuss what can and cannot be restored.

Take care

CrisG
01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Here it is:

Listing of Available KOTR I Restoration Work

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184979

I have PM'd SithRevan and others of the team and hope to hear soon, as I titally want to be in respect of the team efforts and not presume on them at all. My concern was for a saving of reserouces and a transition to what might be. There seems to be good consensus and understanding of realistic limits and possible positive wys to advance. So I opened a thread here for this, or will follow anyone who wishes to lead in a different way with this all. :)

magnusll
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
My two cents on this: the project started in an extremely loose way and without a strict timeline for the very simple fact that, when it started, it set out to do the impossible: rebuild Sleheyron when there was no way to create areas from scratch. There was no point, at the time, in setting a definite date to complete something you couldn't even start. Also stemming from this was a non-existent filter on things which "cannot be done": if you plan to recreate Sleheyron, then you can also "restore" anything you want by simply doing it from scratch.

Now it has become possible but, as many have correctly pointed out, solving the technical problems doesn't change the fact that creating a new planet is a huge task. Even assuming a smallish planet with few quests going on (and Sleheyron was anything but small), you'd still need half a dozen new areas at a minimum. This requires a team of 3D artists with some serious Max skills, not to mention the better part of a year. I think Quanon's temple is rather revealing of the type of skills needed, and difficulties you're going to meet.

If the project has to be restarted, it'd need a much stricter organization and a pool of several people to whom to assign various parts of the project. Also, if Sleheyron is still a target, you'd need at least a team of 3-5 3d builders dedicated exclusively to it to complete the initial, massive area creation work.

southern_fox
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes, I think thats completely true. The project started out with ambitions that it could not immediately tackle, so no rigid organization was ever set up in the first place. It could not be.

It served the team in the beginning, but later became a fatal handicap.

CrisG
01-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I have contacted KOTRFiles about a hosted site and will see if there is enough interest here to create one for hosting. ;)

Pavlos
01-05-2008, 08:00 AM
I'd be happy to help as a writer (though, do feel all writers should learn how to mod generally so there shouldn't be a writing team so much as a design team) if you need another for this... umm... rebirth.

Quanon
01-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I suppose I could have a peek at the Tantooine temple ...

But I want first to see a strong leader joining the team or at least some middle man who can play the "manager" , to set the goals and keep everything together a bit.

Setting up sites is nice and all , but doesn't keep the boat from sinking .

Just my 2 cents :)

~Q

Seamhainn
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I, too, think hosting is not the problem, as nothing was really done which can be regarded as finished.

The main thing needed at the moment is a private forum where the ones who want to contribute can discuss what can and connot be restored.

I think I will have Deadeye Duncan on Manaan finished in a way I am satisfied with in a couple of days. Unfortunately family and work schedule as well as my limited knowledge of modding are a hindrance, but I will follow that path. After I will present it if we have a forum, and it can be discussed.

Then it is Shuma the Hutt and the third Vulkar level. But to accomplish that I need huge help from the community.

@Quanon: I can be a restraining manager any day :-) .

Take care all and have a nice weekend!

southern_fox
01-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I could join as a writer; although, as has already been said, I'd really need a strong, effective leader step in to run the project.

I could help setup and organize goals/objectives, and be an adviser to project structure details, but I certainly don't have the time this semester to do such a job full-time. I'm taking 5 classes.

Quanon
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I've ran around in the Tantooine temple for about an hour or 3 .

Man , what a mess ...

Its big and its full of holes, showing the great void , half finished walls ,
weird light placement , floating things and all .

And its a real Maze with death ends , the Cave corridors are a bit strange , they look just like those Shyrak caves on Korriban , thoug a differant layout .

To be honest , to restore that temple ... is as heavy as creating Sleheyron from scratch .

If I want to restore and fix this up ... well I'll have to add extra walls , cut or remove things here and there .

But I'll have to rebuild the whole thing in Max to get a good feel how the layout is . And to decide how to fix the many troubled areas ...

southern_fox
01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Really? Wow, I wasn't aware that it was so bad.

That goes to show my lack of knowledge about 3D modeling.

Miltiades
01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
It shows how unrealistic this project was, no offense. If the Tatooine Temple requires as much work on it as Sleheyron, it's an immense amount of work. What does surprises me, is that Quanon didn't know how much work had to be done to that particular temple before now. And that's vital for any modding project. If he had known, maybe he could've told others that maybe they shouldn't be that ambitious. Now, I'm not blaming anyone (and especially not Quanon, seeing as what he has done - how much can a man do, right?), but it just shows again how bad communication was between the team members.

Seamhainn
01-07-2008, 02:56 AM
Quanon is totally right!

What can be done (and I have no knowledge of making modules):

- The third level of the Black Vulkar Base (I am on it right now to make it at least accessable for interested players).
The module creats its map while exploring (!). There are some npcs already. Some of them even have voice overs (!). It seems that a story was involved in this (pc disguising as a laborer?), but it - the story - was (as of my estimate) only 5 to 10 % completed. Though it is worth visiting.

- The third level of the Shadowlands.
This module is essentially an empty area (!). There is not even a hint what was panned for it. The map does not advance properly while exploring, and I did not discover the entry point(s). If modders whould like to do something with it they should be highly experienced! Worth visiting - maybe.

- EVERY other module is in a state which needs a real bunch of work and a team (3 to 5 persons min. - modeller, scripter, story/dialogue devs, playtester(s)) which concentrates solely on that one project. Also what was intended with each particular module (storywise) can only be guessed at best.

Take care

Quanon
01-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Really? Wow, I wasn't aware that it was so bad.

That goes to show my lack of knowledge about 3D modeling.

Well there are many ugly parts , all I can say they dropped this area very early , all I can think of that this was more like a test , to see how to fit rakatan architecture with caves or such .

THere parts of cave wich are not fully modeled , bad alignments to , if you turn the camera around your character you start to see lots of unfinished business.

Its not undoable , but I know that importing module/ area model parts is a crashy affair .

Though this might be a long project , but like I said a few post before :

I first want to see someone , declaring himself "leader" of this project , ask the writers where they want to take the cut modules story wise .

And then I can start to repair the Tatooine Temple in talk with the writers , so we can decide what exactly is needed of the Temple .

Plus I haven't talked about the WalkMeshes yet .

And to clearify : I'm in for the 3D part , I'll leave the .mod file handeling to other volunteers .

Seamhainn
01-07-2008, 09:25 AM
@Quanon: As I said before - I can be a leader any day!

Unfortunately my modding knowledge is pretty limited. Though I am willing to invest time and effort to learn.

I don't want to kill the fun, but why not start with a restoration which can be done much more easily? The deleted Vulkar Base level is already available. Unfortunately my modding knowledge... see above.

I looked a bit into the conversations which take place there. It seems that the pc should need a key card. He could get it in exchange for some spice if I am not mistaken (there *was* something with spice I am sure). But actually it is not enough material to see exactly what the original developers intended with this level. The restoration of this level would be mostly for curiocities sake. To make this level worth playing the modders would have to create a new story around this level.

If somebody wants to help, send me a pm, please.

Take care

Miltiades
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I think the things Seamhainn listed in his previous post are certainly doable, with the possible addition of the Czerka Korriban Module(s)(?). Good planning could very much lead to their restoration.

It's a pity there aren't that much 3D modelers or people proficient in Max. I think, if you people want the Tatooine Temple restored, you should at least try to find any other modelers that can help. I think it's not good to leave all 3D modeling to Quanon. I think it'd be fun, or at least less stressing to him, to work together with other 3D modelers and then the module-creating doesn't wear the modelers down too quick.

Merchant2006
03-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Sorry, i don't mean to interrupt. I've just been reading everyones comments for the past 2 pages, and i personally thought that this project went kaboom... i mean, some restoration has been done right? The Garum and Tareelok restoration, Sharina Fizark restoration, the Iriaz fix, Deadeye Duncan... well deadeye isnt that completed, its still very dodgy, and the Shuma the Hutt fix causes some crazy errors in the game, like all of the doors in dantooine closing and none of the NPC's spawn... Cripes.

But just to let you know, i'm sure if the entire KotOR Community knew about this project, they would all have your support, just like Team Gizka.

Erm, nothing more i can say... i just hope this project will be dedicated from now onwards. I was upset when i realised that the whole thing was going to shambles. You have my support (and everyone elses.... so long as they know this project exists :P)

And i dont want sarcastic comments on how "my support" has raised your hopes to the moon. But it would be nice if it did lol.

DarthJebus05
03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Team Jawa and THIS project is dead. Another project was started a week or so ago, and the thread is here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=187081

It has been picked up by Team Hutt, who has incidentally, have been working on Sleheyron for the last month.

sekan
03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
some restoration has been done right? The Garum and Tareelok restoration, Sharina Fizark restoration.

These restoration has not been made by team jawa

Both are made by me but the Garrum and Tareelok restoration is was also made by Seamhainn ( Who did the most work anyway :xp: )

Seamhainn
03-31-2008, 02:39 AM
...and both Deadeye Duncan as well as Shuma the Hutt are both in a *perfect* state now...

*Sarcastic tone on* ...as they were restored by me, haha! *Sarcastic tone off*

This statement is in absolutely no way ment to belittle the works of Darth333 and SithRevan who restored those stuff in the first place, quite the opposite in fact!

Nevertheless it troubles me a bit that some refere to works which are more then a year old and state them as facts, while in the meantime much progress is done.

On the other side, maybe I just have a bad day...

P.S.: And I am sorry that I must correct sekan, as HE did the most work for the Garrum and Tar'eelok restoration, not me!!!

Take care

Merchant2006
04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Of course i know it wasnt made by team jawa -_- and hello Seamhainn, i can personally thank you for your great restorations! You rule! And hello Sekan :P

Sithspecter
06-02-2008, 01:09 AM
I tried to get on Team Jawa's forums this evening, and they're down. This is really bad. Any hope that we have left is now gone, unless they're upgrading or renovating them.

glovemaster
06-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Well, it would seem that without management FileFront decided that it was somewhat of a waste of space and cleared it. That or FileFront is currently doing maintenance on the servers?

Darth InSidious
06-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I tried to get on Team Jawa's forums this evening, and they're down. This is really bad. Any hope that we have left is now gone, unless they're upgrading or renovating them.
The assumption here is that forum activity equates to mod project activity. Usually, the inverse is true.