PDA

View Full Version : How do you complete mod downloads to SWKotOR?

CAM111
03-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello everyone, I've been downlaoding mods for not to long for knights of the old republic, and ive only got the skip-taris mod working. Ive downloaded plenty of Revan Robe mods but they always never work. I download them off FileFront and everything... I go to SWKotOR folder, then override then download it there, but it doesnt show up in the game. I extract the files and it still doesnt work, i want to get the Holowan Plug-In 2 downloaded so please help, thx everyone

- CAM111 :blast5:

MacTavish
03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Are u sure the files are unzipped? I did that once and put them in while they were zipped and it didn't work.

Anyway, welcome to LucasForums! :waive1: :)

Happy to help,
Ronin93

Shem
03-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Hello everyone, I've been downlaoding mods for not to long for knights of the old republic, and ive only got the skip-taris mod working. Ive downloaded plenty of Revan Robe mods but they always never work. I download them off FileFront and everything... I go to SWKotOR folder, then override then download it there, but it doesnt show up in the game. I extract the files and it still doesnt work, i want to get the Holowan Plug-In 2 downloaded so please help, thx everyone

- CAM111 :blast5:First of all, I would have a folder with the zip files by itself to keep things organized and just have the abstracted files in the Override Folder.

Back to you problem. I know why Skip Taris is working because all you have to do is double-click the TSL Patcher and it's installed because that is the style Lit Ridl uses. Can you list all of your mods you're trying to use?

m16965
03-03-2007, 03:13 AM
If the Revans Robe one is not working that is because you need to use the giveitem cheat.

XoXoXAlexOxOxO
03-03-2007, 03:18 AM
i think some mods may need you to start a new game before they do anything

welcome to LF btw :D

CAM111
03-03-2007, 07:55 AM
I am using "Darth Revan's Robes" (revanrobes.zip) from FileFront by Shem. The folder is in the Override folder, not the contents... maybe that is a problem? My game was all screwed up from my "attempted" mods lol so I reinstalled the game and that was the only mod I have tried so far so it should not be mod compatibility problems, when I download it, I Save it to - E drive - LucasArts - SWKotOR (not Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic) - Override, then save it. Thx for the help so far everyone.

Arátoeldar
03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I am using "Darth Revan's Robes" (revanrobes.zip) from FileFront by Shem. The folder is in the Override folder, not the contents... maybe that is a problem? My game was all screwed up from my "attempted" mods lol so I reinstalled the game and that was the only mod I have tried so far so it should not be mod compatibility problems, when I download it, I Save it to - E drive - LucasArts - SWKotOR (not Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic) - Override, then save it. Thx for the help so far everyone.

You will have extract the contents of the mod from the compressed file(zip). Before the mod will work.

CAM111
03-03-2007, 09:34 AM
I do, I did for the Holowan Plug-In also but it didn't work. I have used another mod that downloads it for you and it works now, but the skip taris and star forge revan mods arent working together i think, datooine wont load when i have both of them loaded

Arátoeldar
03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
I find it very helpful to use the K(otor)M(od)M(anager) to install mods that don't come with the TSLPatcher. The KMM will not install a mod if there are two files with the same name from two different mod.

You can find the KMM at

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php