PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 of screen showing

Zagadka
03-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Greetings,

I did a fresh install and patch. I'm using a widescreen monitor at 1680x1050, which works fine with most games. I'm on Vista, x64.

Anyway, when I launch and it gets through to the menu, only the upper left 1/4th of the game's screen shows. I can't even see the buttons. I tried the "ResPatcher" to no avail. This happens with both KoTOR1 and KotOR2, with patch and without patch...

Anyone know about this issue?

Thanks for your time.

tk102
03-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Was going to say, did you see this thread regarding the widescreen utility (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158752)?

But you say you're on Vista and I believe I read somewhere that the OpenGL drivers weren't available. (Darth333?)

You might try that utility anyway.

Zagadka
03-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Oops, forgot to mention. Yea, I tried that, it just made the .exe crash. :-/

Thanks for the tip though.

Edit: Aha. nVidia just released drivers (101.***) that fix this problem...

... and open a new one. My monitor is a widescreen 1680x1050 sucker... it plays KoTOR in a tiny screen in the middle of the window, heh.

So my new question; can you make it run in windowed mode for resizing? Since someone had to write a program to change the .exe to make it widescreen, I suppose that's the only way, though...

Anyway, thanks.

Edit 2: ARGH, son of a...

It ran twice prertty OK (other than it crashing within 20 seconds of gameplay, but I attribute that to an override...)... now it is back to the 1/4 screen.