PDA

View Full Version : Light Side actions getting a Dark Side response

LuckyColorSeven
03-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Basically, I've noticed that anytime I perform a light side action, my party members respond as if I took the dark side path. For example, on Nar Shaddaa, when the exchange thugs are threatening the guy in the central pit area, I choose the Persuade option telling them to leave, but for some reason Bao Dur chimes in with a comment about how I want to continue to spread suffering by fighting, and to top it off, I loose influence with Atton, who's not even in my party. I suspect it has something to do with one of the mods I'm using, but rather than going with the incredibly time consuming trial and error approach, I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem, and any if they might have suggestions on how to remedy this problem. Much appreciated.

Anakin Skywalker
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I had that problem once! And come to find out... it was a mod that I had installed... but I don't remember which one...

stoffe
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Basically, I've noticed that anytime I perform a light side action, my party members respond as if I took the dark side path. (snip)

Check if you have any of the files 000react.dlg, a_gbl_dreact.ncs or a_gbl_react.ncs in your override folder. Those files are often used for the influence-responses to Dark/Light/Chaotic acts. If so try moving them out of your override folder and see if the problem disappears.

LuckyColorSeven
03-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Ah, indeed I do have the 000react.dlg in their. Hm, I'm reluctant to remove it, it's part of one of the mods I was most looking forward to using this playthrough, the Darth Dementious recruitment mod. I'll see if that fixes the problem, and thanks for your help Stoffe.

Edit: It did indeed fix the problem, though probably will render the mod incompatible. Thanks once again for your help.

Princess Artemis
03-06-2007, 07:19 PM
It may not--I included a 000react.dlg with a recruit mod simply to prevent a recruited character from saying lines they shouldn't. There may be stuff in there related to the mod you want to play, but it's unlikely that it will affect a recruit mod to any significant degree.