PDA

View Full Version : Problems running Kotor or TSL in Vista....

stingerhs
03-12-2007, 01:13 AM
if you're having problems running either game on Windows Vista, then please use this thread to post your problem. i can't guarantee that every problem will be solved, but we can use this to document solutions that we uncover for various problems.

this first post will be used to reference fixes that have been discovered.

Kotor issues:
(n/a)

TSL issues:
Out of date Miles Sound System .dll file. Solution: download new .dll file (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2281848#post2281848)

Also: thread #2 re: mss32.dll (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178099)

davidlcarson
03-13-2007, 04:06 PM
When launching KOTOR (from the Star Wars Best of PC box) I just get the spinning icon and a black field. Other times, the game just crashes back to the desktop. Never reaches the first menu...

Running NVidia GForce 6600 with latest drivers...

SithRevan
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
When launching KOTOR (from the Star Wars Best of PC box) I just get the spinning icon and a black field. Other times, the game just crashes back to the desktop. Never reaches the first menu...

Running NVidia GForce 6600 with latest drivers...
By chance are those the new "Forceware" drivers, 93.71? If so then you probably will not be able to get it to run. Also is your card integrated or dedicated? If it is integrated that can be a big problem as well. KotOR doesn't play nice with integrated cards from what I have been told.

Darth Manus
05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I can get some crackling in the sound. Toggling VSync did the trick with World of Warcraft, but I'm not sure if that was enough here.

Also, this probably isn't related to Vista, since it also happened in my old machine, but the game can be very quirky when changing planets or doing anything that will trigger a cinematic. It takes an abnormally long time for them to load, and sometimes the game will lock up for no good reason. I doubt this is a system specs problem, since this machine is brand new.

Darth Manus
05-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I've pinpointed the origin of that inability to start KOTOR II. *sigh* Sound card compatibility or some other crap. This thing will only start with no sound. I've got a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card, with the latest drivers. Is there any way around this? Playing without sound sucks.

EDIT: The version of mss32.dll indicated in another thread here seems to have done the trick. I'm testing now to see if the solution is permanent or if the game will just crash again next time I try to open it.

emti1677
05-16-2007, 09:55 AM
i have a hp pavilion dv9330us laptop with intel centino duo 1.73 with 2gigs of ram and a geforce go 7600 video card with 256 mg ram.
the program runs but unable to load or run any mods or use cheat console.
i am useing windows vista home premuim.
also on swkotor config, scan it failed the graphics card with the error
detonator 45.83 error

Darth Manus
05-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, the graphics card detection error is quite common in new machines, but I've never heard of Vista preventing mods from running. Are you sure you installed the mods according to the instructions?

emti1677
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
yes i have tried to reinstall all the mods tried to open the cheats console. double checked my .ini file. i have been tring to in holowan plug in 2. i tried to redownload the file and nothing.

logan essex
05-16-2007, 08:16 PM
do a search for the ini file. in the search folder, add the enable line from there. my cousin had the same problem and now he is enjoying the world of mods on his vista.

emti1677
05-16-2007, 10:24 PM
do a search for the ini file. in the search folder, add the enable line from there. my cousin had the same problem and now he is enjoying the world of mods on his vista.

the .ini file you use is swkotor.ini file.
i have tried
EnableCheats=1 and also Enable Console=1
both together in the [game option] section
the same .ini file i use on my desktop, which i running great.so i no idea what is wrong?
it is also true about TSL also!!!

Darth Manus
05-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I've never heard of anything like it, but either way using KSE to edit a saved game is much simpler than using the accursed console.

emti1677
05-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I've never heard of anything like it, but either way using KSE to edit a saved game is much simpler than using the accursed console.

now you know what i have been going nuts trying to fiqure out and thnak you for tring to help. i have tried using KSE and its is ok but no invulnerability, how do you include new items like the new mask and lightsabers. what is funny is not only the console don't work but none of the mods like holowan plug in 2, or any spell mods and etc. don't work either.
both swkotor and TSL dont' work and so far only other one game the code don't work on in call of duty 2. the rest of the games i have on my laptop works just fine.
thanks again

Darth Manus
05-19-2007, 11:30 PM
I doubt you'd need the invincibility code. Just get RedHawke's Exile Item Pack. :P

But anyway, I think there was some variable that could be altered with KSE to produce the same effect. Something that never lets a character's VP drop below 1, if I recall. Never tried it myself, but it should be in the character properties section on KSE.

emti1677
05-23-2007, 12:52 AM
were can you find redhawke's exile item pack, i can not find it.
thank you

tk102
05-23-2007, 02:21 AM
were can you find redhawke's exile item pack, i can not find it.
thank you
On Redhawke's website. (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/) :)

guitar dojo
05-30-2007, 09:19 PM
gd'day

im new and I use Vista

when i play i get to a point in the game where i can play for literally 5 seconds and the itll close it saying it stopped responding

Edit: Ok i know my last post is unclear

when i enter the lower city in KOTOR1 if I enter the apartments or move on to the undercity or get any further than that it stops responding

any help or known patches cuz i downloaded 1.03 patch

OD_MIA
06-25-2007, 01:39 AM
when i try to start K1 i get a black screen and then an error message saying something about and error, and that Microsoft is searching for a solution.

i have a vista home premeum,
with 2gig ddr mem,
AMD 64 Live! processor
an ATI Radeon X1300 512 MB DDR2 memory video card.

i really REALYY RALLLLLYYY want to play K1
but i can't..... sniff...... please help?
(with very simple a easy to understand directions. AS IN VVEERRYY simple, Step by step directions.)
please?
you'd make a fellow gamer very happy.
Tnx!

helljumper51
06-25-2007, 04:47 PM
it wont even let me run kotor. it says in the scan that i dontr have the right OS. then it wont even load. Hmph...very frustrating.

blowmyface
06-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Well, I've pinpointed the origin of that inability to start KOTOR II. *sigh* Sound card compatibility or some other crap. This thing will only start with no sound. I've got a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card, with the latest drivers. Is there any way around this? Playing without sound sucks.

EDIT: The version of mss32.dll indicated in another thread here seems to have done the trick. I'm testing now to see if the solution is permanent or if the game will just crash again next time I try to open it.

I'm not sure if this has already been covered. Vista, (in Microsofts unlimited wisdom :smash: )does not support 3d sound or sound hardware or whatever, either way it is annoying. It forces everything to be software. Right now only one sound card maker has found a way around it. Sound Blaster cards, the new ones, can make use of Creative Alchemy. here is the link to the site.

http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/default.aspx

I apologize if this is already known and hence I'm acting like an idiot.

This is not drivers for the Sound Blaster cards, it is software that enables the Sound Blaster cards to somehow use their hardware. The more newer ones that will work with Vista, they have a list or a link to a list of which ones are compatible. My sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi xtream gammer I think. I don't have the box anymore and Vista only tells me its a Sound Blaster X-Fi but I know something was after that on the box. With this program you will need the current drivers of sound blaster for vista installed.

I had a Realtek High Definition Sound card too. I was very mad when I found out what Microsoft had done. They are using a new sound whatever. They took the support for 3d sound or hardware sound, or whatever it was, out of the coding of the operating system completely! They now use OpenAL. So unhappy as I was about it I went and bought a new sound card after I found the alchemy web page and it works. But Not every game works with it yet. I think creative or whoever is working on it has to do something for each game they want to make work. Hence Empire at War will work with that, but not Forces of Corruption. You'd think they would work since they use the same sound engine, but I don't know for sure if they do. NeverWinterNights 2 wouldn't support anything but software either. And the game's programmers put in EAX capability. I think the Alchemy project may have added support for NWN2 by now.

mss32.dll will probably get your sound working as far as software, but I think you will need a sound blaster card and the alchemy software to get the EAX and superior sound capabilities that the Realtek High Definition sound card would supply with XP. Unless Realtek has actually decided to do something with their cards like creative did.

I also sent a file the securom thingy generated to those people because my game cd kept saying to insert the original game disc. I had to wait a single day! Can you believe it. I got an email with a link to a modified exe file and downloaded it. I did what they told me to do and I havn't had any more problems. I am pasting the text of the email. I just downloaded from the link again and it downloaded the ziped file. I received the reply to my email in March. Just paste the link in the address bar and it should ask if you want to download the file.

Email:
Originally sent:
sent the following support request on 03/18/2007---------------------

I bought Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 today. When I try to run after installing it a message comes up and says take the disc out of the drive and put the original one in. I am using the original disc. I am attaching the zip file with the luanch anaylasis in it. Please fix this. Best Buy won't take games back that have been opened. Thanks for your time.

From them:
Hello.

Thank you for your e-mail. Please rename your original 'SWKOTOR2.EXE', (located here C:/PROGRAM FILES/LUCASARTS/SWKOTOR2/SWKOTOR2.EXE),
to 'SWKOTOR2.OLD'. Then click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser. From the 'File Download' window click 'Open' and extract the new 'SWKOTOR2.EXE' into the same folder and re-start the application.

The link for the new file is:
http://www.securom.com/support/customers/lucasarts/kotor2_t042/swkotor2.zip

If the problem persists, please send another analysis file of the latest executable to us.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
or via e-mail: support@securom.com

End email*****

***(IF YOU SPECIFIED A DIFFERENT DIRECTORY DURING INSTALLATION THEN LOOK THERE FOR THE 'SWKOTOR2.EXE')***

I'm the type that needs everything spelled out so just in case someone is in the same boat as I am I have probably used to much information.

Anyway......I hope that my post has been at least somewhat useful.

Here is a link to a website about Vista and why it no longer supports "hardware acceleration of DirectSound™ 3D". I knew I wasn't saying it right. :nut:

http://www.openal.org/openal_vista.html

StormSinger
06-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally, the machine I've been using came with Vista Home Premium. Even though is has a crappy 6150SE (integrated) video solution, it played KotOR without a hitch. No video, or sound problems for that matter.

After learning to hate Vista, I installed XP Pro and now I'm noticing flicker, lighting problems (as though the lights were all shining behind the characters with none in front of them) which ultimately lead to crashing within 5-10 minutes. This isn't a gaming PC by any means, but it DID play the game before. I'm assuming it's a driver issue, since I wasn't using "official" nVidia drivers with Vista.

(update) Ok, not a Vista problem I guess (fixed it). Still, it ran fine in Vista without having to fix anything.

TLM20
07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
On TSL it ran brilliantly until I got to the Exile's room on the Harbinger. Now everytime I load it I can play for 3mins max and then it says "this program is not responding."

Any ideas?

stingerhs
07-06-2007, 03:09 AM
are you running the game in "XP Compatibility Mode"??

JMartin25
07-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Is there a patch for KOTOR? Would love to play that one too, and thanks to you 'blowmyface' I am now able to play TSL thank you ever so much for this one:)

edit: wheres the launcher thingie for kotor located?

JMartin25
07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
important bump for anyone who wants to play KOTOR on their vista.

With a lot of patience and help from stingerhs I was able to do what blowmyface had done and got a patch that allows for one to play KOTOR:D

Anyways hope this works for everyone else the link ish here: http://www.securom.com/support/customers/lucasarts/kotor_t081/swkotor.zip

Below ish copy of email with the instructions as well as the link itself just in case it didn't work earlier:

Subject : SecuROM Support Response: Ticket Number [52448]

Hello,

Please rename your original 'SWKOTOR.EXE', which is located in your installation directory on the hard disc, to 'SWKOTOR.OLD'. Then click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser. From the 'File Download' window click 'Open' and extract the new 'SWKOTOR.EXE' into the same folder and re-start the application.

http://www.securom.com/support/customers/lucasarts/kotor_t081/swkotor.zip

If the problem persists, please send another analysis file of the latest executable to us.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
or via e-mail: support@securom.com

Light Walker
08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I am not completely certain that this problem is Vista related. Looking through old threads, though, I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. That seems to indicate that the problem is a new one caused by Vista. Let me start by saying that most of the time the game works fine. I have had a few graphics issues, but only with funny effects in the skies of Dantooine or the Kasshyk Shadowlands.

That said, my problem has to do with mods. Specifically, mods that modify dialog seem to work fine. Also, mods that manipulate things already in the game work fine -- I have the "Deadeye Duncan Appears on Manaan" mod installed and it worked without a hitch. It is the graphics in mods that are giving me problems. When I try to install Weapons of the Old Republic, for example, many of the weapons show up as blank white shapes. The blaster-fire effects are often surrounded by weird "static," and the little icons that show the items in inventory are replaced by seemingly random kaleidoscope colors. Other examples are the Revan's mask+ 2.0 or the Good/Evil Bastila Clothes mods. With the Mask mod installed I can get the mask and wear it, and the item itself works. In other words, I get the bonuses and abilities granted by the mask. However, the mask's appearance...

http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/23935/2005142709945364856_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2005142709945364856)

As you can see, the shape of the mask is correct -- it wraps around my head like it should. But it is blank white. Things get even odder when I enter conversation with this mask equipped:

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/26311/2005193368596274028_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2005193368596274028)

Look at the part of the mask closest to my ear. Part of the missing texture has appeared, yet the rest of the mask is still blank white!?

This problem isn't limited to this mod:

(http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2005162741364717835)

This is the Good/Evil Bastila Mod. Again, during conversation pieces of the textures show up. Outside of conversation Bastila is completely covered in a blank white:

[IMG]http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/25910/2006188742625154210_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2006188742625154210)

...although occasionally during combat bits and pieces of what she should look like peek through, just like how the mask mod had a few bits show up alright during conversation.

Having installed/uninstalled these mods extensively, I am quite certain that this problem is not caused by a mod vs. mod conflict. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled KOTOR itself, with no apparent effect.

I have tried every combination of graphics setting, low or high, that the game options allow. Running in XP compatibility doesn't help. My computer meets the minimum requirements, but not the recommended requirements. I have the latest drivers installed. This is my save file from the KOTOR hardware scan utility in the configuration tool that comes with the game:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=8/17/2007 6:29:03 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v1.03.514077
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
Service Pack=Service Pack 2
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]
?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=1861
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=14
CPUStepping=12
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2350 @ 1.86GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=39.89GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=D:\
Drives=PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17LF ATA Device

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=256
Desktop Resolution=1280x800x32 @ 60Hz
DirectX=DirectX (9.0+) (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1295
OpenGL Vendor=Intel
OpenGL Renderer=Intel 945GM
Vid Card Status=Warning
Vid Card Driver Status=Pass
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@wdma_usb.inf,%usb\class_01.devicedesc%;USB Audio Device
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor.ini

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=0
Music Volume=19
Voiceover Volume=25
Sound Effects Volume=25
Movie Volume=35
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Disable Sound=0
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
Environment Effects Level=0.60
2D3D Bias=1.50
Environment Effects=1
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]
GUIsInScreenShot=1
EnableScreenShot=1
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
EnableCheats=1
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
Hide Unequippable=1
Tutorial Popups=0
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=33
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=1
AutoSave=1
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
Enable Tooltips=0
Difficulty Level=2
TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000
Memory Access=1
Memory Level=1
Disable Movies=0

[Alias]
HD0=.\
OVERRIDE=.\Override
TEMP=.\Temp
MODULES=.\Modules
LOGS=.\Logs
LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault
DMVAULT=.\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic
TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient
SAVES=.\saves
CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]
V-Sync=1
Anisotropy=4
Frame Buffer=0
Anti Aliasing=0
Texture Quality=2
Emitters=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=60
Width=800
Height=600

Mods I have tried that work fine:

Bendak Starkiller Rework
Deadeye Duncan on Manaan
EZ Swoop (When I started my latest new game I didn't want to have to beat the same old records AGAIN)
Lightsaber Forms for KOTOR1
Manaan Door "Security Zone" Warning Removal
Yuka Laka/HK-47 Conflict Mod

Mods I have tried that have this graphical issue:

Revan's Longsaber
Good/Evil Bastila Clothes mod
Light of the Force Mask mod
Revan's Mask + v.2.0 mod
Weapons of the Old Republic

As I said, this problem seems to only exist in the mods. The only place I have found in-game where a similar problem occurs when no mods are installed is at the Manaan Sub Dock and here:

(http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004320149470049704)

...but the two problems look different enough visually that I suspect they are separate issues. I could always be wrong on that, though.

The files in the override folder and the files I downloaded are the same sizes, so data isn't being lost at that point. My best guesses as to what is going wrong is that something about Vista is making the game fail to read the files in the override folder correctly.

Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: I previously suspected that downloads might be being corrupted by a firewall, resulting in this error. In order to determine whether or not downloads were being corrupted I followed Achille's walkthrough on how to create a custom lightsaber. I finished the saber and put the files into the override folder as instructed, then used the cheat console to get the custom saber in-game. It suffered from the same glitch described above. In this case the blade appeared as a very thin white line. As I swung it around I noticed that occasionally flashes of color would show up. I managed to capture one of these on pause and here it is:

[IMG]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5551/testlc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-18

Look towards the lower part of the blade. See how that part of the blade suddenly has the right coloration and is randomly surrounded with a black background? This seems to confirm that whatever is causing the problem is something to do with my computer, not how I'm downloading files or anything similar.

UPDATE: I've now pinned the problem down to the .mdl and .mdx files. For some reason the game doesn't read those files from the override folder correctly.

Wardyn
09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
i just got finished building a computer about a week ago. I installed kotor 2 and at first everything seemed fine until i got to Peragus, then it shuts the game down and says"program has stopped" I had a video card error and it said i need "detonator 54,23 or sumthing like that. i have a 8500 gt graphics card so i used the disc that came with that and installed the drives again. I also went to nvidia's site and got the lastest patches for the g cards. That didn't fix the problem so i uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall it but now it wont work. I put the disc in and nothing happens, it's almost as if there is no info on the disc. my computer has: windows vista business, an AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4800 + 2.51 GHz, 2046MB of ram. my jedi academy,outcast games work as well as jedi knight and mots. If anyone can help that be great!!!

porosz
09-14-2007, 03:40 AM
I have only had this computer for 13 days and I am thinking of returning it simply because I dont wanna use Vista, oh thank the dumb-dumbs for such a great idea. You'd think after the time it takes to make something run you'd do it right the first time or at least be in the process of fixing it ok sry about the ranting but i had to get it out.

I am trying to play KotorII but it doesnt like to run once I take the disc out and watch a movie and the only thing that fixes it is reinstalling the game and updating it to v2.10. I have it set to 'xp sp2 comp. mode' and am running it under 'administrator'. But still it works for a couple of runs but after that it flips me off again. I am about to throw this thing outta a window.

Heres my system specs:
Compaq Presario F572US
Windows Vista Premium (32-bit)
AMD Athlon 64 (x2) TK-53 - 1.70 GHz
NVidia GeForce Go 6100
960 MB Total Memory
287 MB Graphics Memory

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-53 4.6 2.4
Memory (RAM) 960 MB 4.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 3.0
Gaming graphics 287 MB Total available graphics memory 2.4
Primary hard disk 35GB Free (66GB Total) 4.9
Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model Presario F500
Total amount of system memory 960.00 MB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
Total size of hard disk(s) 75 GB
Disk partition (C:) 35 GB Free (66 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 2 GB Free (8 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics
Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
Total available graphics memory 287 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 223 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.10.9815
Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network
Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

manoface
09-16-2007, 12:08 AM
i just installed TSL on mine, vista ultimate, the game doesn't seem to recognize my nvidia beta driver,8600GTSx2, when i scan hardware it says i fail video. when i press play it "stopped responding"

RevanMMaster
09-16-2007, 10:48 AM
whenever i use the save modifier on my lap top it dosent work on KOTOR. And when Iuse it on KOTOR 2 the game starts up, but it hangs on the load screen right before it finishes

Wardyn
09-21-2007, 02:32 AM
i have a Geforce 8500 gt and i got the same error, fail video. now when i try to install the game again it won't even do that!! @#$^ u vista! haha.

mur'phon
09-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I have a problem with kotor1, after the game changes from a "movie" scene to an in-game scene I can't see anything, just a black screen. I can still hear the sounds, and if I can do anything I can also see my mouse and do anything I want (as far as I know), the problem being that I can only see my mouse pointer. Restarting the game makes it fine, until the next time it hapens. So, anyone got an idea how to fix this? I have mannaged to get to the blast-the-fighters bit when leaving taris, but there being unable to save screws me over (try to ble that part with your eyes closed). So if no fix is known, any way to skip from when you are about to enter the ebon hawk to when you can quicksave next will be greatly apreciated. I can post my specs if neede, though someone will have to tel me how.

daywalker03
09-30-2007, 04:33 PM
@JMartin25: What patch version of Kotor were you using? The game ran fine for me out of the box (even with the scan complaining about the video drivers and OS version); when I used the updater, I started getting a SecuROM error about "emulation"... I don't have any disc emulators installed, so I'm baffled about why it would think I do.

cap_keyes117
10-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey, I'm new here and I have a problem with TSL:
Whenever I board the Ebon Hawk on Peragus, I fight the turret scene, then the game either freezes at the next loading screen, or the screen after the Ebon Hawk leaves the hanger. This happens in new games and old, PLEASE HELP!
:mob: :lazerhead

manoface
10-14-2007, 01:19 AM
i just installed TSL on mine, vista ultimate, the game doesn't seem to recognize my nvidia beta driver,8600GTSx2, when i scan hardware it says i fail video. when i press play it "stopped responding"

heres my config report

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=10/13/2007 9:17:48 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.10.427
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS] i dont know why it says its xp but its vista ultimate
Name=WinXp
Service Pack=None
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=2399
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=15
CPUStepping=11
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=2048
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=113.58GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=D:\
Drives=SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A ATA Device

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=1024
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=2.1.1
OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8600 GTS/PCI/SSE2
NVidia Driver=(null) im using the latest driver
Vid Card Status=Warning
Vid Card Driver Status=Fail
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=1
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1280
Height=960
V-Sync=1
Texture Quality=1
Anti Aliasing=0
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=1
Brightness=57

[Game Options]
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0

Revan_Pwn_Malak
10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm having the same problem for TSL as manoface, same graphic card too. Well actually I think mine is an 8600m GT.

EDIT: Ok I did some snooping around the swkotor2.ini and found something. I opened it and found that there was a blank area at the very top, just above [display options]. I removed the blank area, saved the file, and attempted to run TSL. It ran the game.

EDIT: EDIT: Well it seems to be a more random occurrence if the game works or not. Sometimes I get it to work other times it doesn't. I think there is still a bigger answer here.

Christos K
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Ok I have a HP Pavilion Laptop. It has a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics card. It has Windows Vista Home Premium. Right now I do not have Kotor 1 installed becasue it didnt work. But when I did have it installed I could install it perfectly. I could hear sound. I could get it open to the Main Menu where Malak is standing. The graphics seem to be a little fuzzy and the smoke and Malak move slowly. I can click on Options and Movies. And everything works perfectly there. But when I go to New Game the screen goes black. I will mostly be able to hear the music that goes with Character creation. Also for some reason I cant enable cheats in the .ini file. That may be because of something I am doing wrong but I cant save.
Thanks in advance to those who can help.

Lachton
11-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I've just upgraded to Vista Home Premium, but can't get KOTOR 2 to run. It fails on the video check, then crashes when loading up. The error message says that I need the latest NVidia drivers. Funny thing is I'm running an ATI Radeon 1900-XT :mad2: :mad2:

Ok I have a HP Pavilion Laptop. It has a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics card. It has Windows Vista Home Premium. Right now I do not have Kotor 1 installed becasue it didnt work. But when I did have it installed I could install it perfectly. I could hear sound. I could get it open to the Main Menu where Malak is standing. The graphics seem to be a little fuzzy and the smoke and Malak move slowly. I can click on Options and Movies. And everything works perfectly there. But when I go to New Game the screen goes black. I will mostly be able to hear the music that goes with Character creation. Also for some reason I cant enable cheats in the .ini file. That may be because of something I am doing wrong but I cant save.
Thanks in advance to those who can help.

This may not be a Vista related problem. I had similar problems back on my old XP machine (running an Intel Integrated chip). My solution was to heavily turn down the graphics, things like soft shadows. Didn't look pretty, but meant that I could now load game areas...

MJ-W4
11-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Have you installed the latest graphics drivers and the Vista Hotfixes?

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/windows_vista_hotfixes_uk.html

DarthStrider
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey there, I'm new to this site and I apologise if this question has already been asked.

I have both KotOR's and they both run perfectly fine on my Vista and everything. I have already finished both and would like to play them again but I wanna play them with cheats. Here's the problem: Vista will not allow me to save changes made to the swkotor.ini file which made me wonder if I need to change certain settings (I tried looking up all sorts of stuff on the Vista site).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Christos K
12-24-2007, 04:52 AM
For the cheats enabling thing. I fixed it for me as I was right it was me not the computer. It was set under read only. GO into the .ini properties and set it to writable.

Padme Valentine
12-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi I am new and yes i have vista.

I've installed the Kotor II and i have the some problem as most, I start it and a message says that it stopped working and windows is trying too look for a solution (not much can they do uh?) but sometimes or should i say *rarely* it starts normally i can create my character and all, but when its time to play, it crashes.

also in the hardware scan, says i need to update the video driver, which is stupid since the pc is new and everything is up to date, i also made a scan with driver detective to make sure and see if some things are not updated, well its not the issue, since it says clearly that it IS updated.

I have a:

HP pavilion dv6604nr Entertainment notebook PC
NVIDIA Geforce Go 7150m graphics

EDIT: I think i have somehow fixed it, by reading some guy's post in gamespot, he said that he disable sound and he had managed to make the game work, so he downloaded the K1 sound version and it played.

http://files.filefront.com/Mss32dll/;6695046;/fileinfo.html

But after his game crashed because of the movies, so he disable it them, since then he has managed to play, and me too!! i hope there will be a fix for the movies though...

viva star wars!

Hawkstrong16
12-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Hello all!

I'm running Windows Vista home premium and trying to run Kotor 1

I can play the game perfectly fine but when I try to edit my swkotor.ini file in my game folder it says
Cannot creat the C:\Program Flies\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.ini file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

When I go ever to my old computer running XP Home it dose everything fine.

I have tried everything I can think of(even doing what it tells me ;) ) and I can't get it to work!
Please help me out here

sorry if something like this has been posted before. But I need help

matinee suxxx
12-27-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah i dont know if this has anything to do with it being on vista,but,i did that whole add the "enablecheats=1" to the SWKotOR.ini file and saved all that worked but i found that (like i said i dont know if this was only bacause i ran the game on vista or if it was just a result of the cheats) in some areas there would be long lines of color, usually brown but they would run through the entire map and go through peopl and they were all in the sky and whenever i would see those , like on dantooine my game would become really laggy, saying extremley laggy would be an understatement.but when, say i turn my guy so i couldnt see those streeks of solor everything would be fine. no lag.

matinee suxxx
12-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Hello all!

I can play the game perfectly fine but when I try to edit my swkotor.ini file in my game folder it says

I have tried everything I can think of(even doing what it tells me ;) ) and I can't get it to work!
Please help me out here

heres what you do: go into the program files/lucasarts then click on the swkotor.ini and drag it to youre desktop, then go to (just type this in in the bar on the top) user\whatever the name\AppData\Local\Virtualstore then click on prgram files, then lucas arts, then swkotor then the swkotor.ini file. then add the enablecheats=1 line and save. then go to the swkotor file on youre desktop and do the same then drag it back into the program file that you took it out of. check both of the swkotor.ini files to make sure they are the same. if you really want to check if they work first go into the file and change "disable sound=0" to "disable sound=1" ***ON BOTH SWKOTOR FILES*** if you do not make any changes to both files nothing will happen. but be carefull read my first thing about the whole color streeks because that might happen to you.

Hawkstrong16
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
EDIT: Never mind I uninstalled the game with the intention to reinstall but my computer hates me so yeah.

Thanks I'll give this a try right-a-way!

EDIT: I was able to save the file perfectly doing that, Thank you!
But now when I went to run the game a Window came up that says
Conflict with Disc Emulator software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details.
I don't understand this myself. It says its not the original disc. and it is.

EDIT: btw it had done that before but It stoped doing it for some reason?

I can't wait till I switch to Linux.

Del_Boy
12-31-2007, 05:31 AM
I finally have the answer to this kotor and vista problem- upgrade to xp that's right i said "upgrade" to xp because vista on the whole is crap anyway when i tried kotor1 it worked but i had strange graphical issues and thats running a 7900gtx with latest vista drivers ! aa and antistrophic filtering were unselectable in the options so was eax settings in the sound options i also have a creative sound blaster card with vista drivers ! work that out

Marius Fett
12-31-2007, 09:34 AM
My KotOR works fine except that on Dantooine there are brown lines everywhere but I can live with that.

My TSL however won't work at all. I load it up and I get a message saying it has stopped working.

Any advice?

Del_Boy
12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes Darth Ding Dong go back to xp if you love kotor enough, there are some fixes for kotor on vista but none of which are 100% i mean hell i paid around 100 quid for vista 64-bit and realised i had to buy a new antivirus, nero also has issues as does limewire just to name a few programs, the one software that worked was fraps! ooooooh big deal! maybe in a few years vista might be good to have, but until then:

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Jae Onasi
01-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Microsoft has come out with a graphics hotfix that may solve some of the Kotor problems. I don't know for sure about that, but here is the link (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105) if you want to try it. This is apparently one of the fixes that's going to come out in Vista's SP1 sometime this year. It is apparently not yet available on Windows Update.

irishladdy08
02-17-2008, 04:31 PM
hi well im running it on vista with an intel pentium duo core T2080

game runs fine til i reach the taris undercity it runs perfect til i get to the taris undercity...freezes when it loads the to scavangers asking for credits for useing there elevator but it freezes half way to that part and i tried a super skip taris mod and it freezes again at the dantooine ruins...any help will be great i've tried compatiability,reinstall,patched,turn of grass,shadow,movies,and sound none work and everythings at lowest :( :( :( :( :( but Kotor 2 runs fine :confused: :confused: so help :D

temporarymember
02-17-2008, 06:07 PM
I installed KOTOR 1 on my Toshiba Sattelite laptop yesterday. It's a relatively new laptop: I bought it in November 07. It's run smoothly, until I reached Dantooine. As soon as I step foot out of the ship, The sky began acting really weird. It broke into thousands of strands, and filled the top half of the screen. While running outside the enclave, it grew worse, and filled most of the creen, cut off my character's head, and Vista popped up and told me an unknown problem had occured, and it closed the program. This has happened several times. Any suggestions?

Master Demonius
02-22-2008, 04:14 PM
my KotOR runs fun i have no problems with that but TSL i cant even play this is the error i get
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swkotor2.exe
Application Version: 2.1.0.0
Application Timestamp: 425588ba
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5b1e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001cbc
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5b1e
Additional Information 2: 697fe2e9a226adbf80c68a8440169545
Additional Information 3: bdec
Additional Information 4: e76b05dc13ef4d0da55621754dd4c84e
Oh how i got my KotOR to work was to just run it in XP SP2 compatibility mode

kotor2jack24
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
iv had that problem, let me guess, your trying to enter in enablecheats=1? you have to save the ini. file to your documents, then "cut" the file and paste it in in kotor2 file. when it asks you if you want to replace swkotor2.ini, say yes. there you go

Hello all!

Please help me out here

:confused: iv had that same problem on the vista, and i dont know what to do, and it says i need to update the video

Hi I am new and yes i have vista.

I've installed the Kotor II and i have the some problem as most, I start it and a message says that it stopped working and windows is trying too look for a solution (not much can they do uh?) but sometimes or should i say *rarely* it starts normally i can create my character and all, but when its time to play, it crashes.

also in the hardware scan, says i need to update the video driver, which is stupid since the pc is new and everything is up to date, i also made a scan with driver detective to make sure and see if some things are not updated, well its not the issue, since it says clearly that it IS updated.

I have a:

HP pavilion dv6604nr Entertainment notebook PC
NVIDIA Geforce Go 7150m graphics

EDIT: I think i have somehow fixed it, by reading some guy's post in gamespot, he said that he disable sound and he had managed to make the game work, so he downloaded the K1 sound version and it played.

http://files.filefront.com/Mss32dll/;6695046;/fileinfo.html

But after his game crashed because of the movies, so he disable it them, since then he has managed to play, and me too!! i hope there will be a fix for the movies though...

viva star wars!

Relonor
03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
The brown lines on the dantooine sky can be solved by downloading the vista fix mentioned earlier in the thread, then disabling 'grass' option in the video menu. Maybe disabling grass would work without the fix, but I havent tried that. Hope this helps.

I'm facing a few issues myself, all reflective surfaces (sith armor, male twilek's lower part of the headtails, blaster rifles) appear as white. I have no idea why this is occuring..I'm running a dual core 1.66GHz, 1 gig RAM,vista 32 bit, intel 945 card (I know,I know, it isnt supported, and it isnt really meant for gaming,but it runs kotor real well except for this issue, and nwn2 and empire at war very smoothly at high settings)

bindo245
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Well Hello,
I had exactly the same problem...

Start game....
Stop responding....
Pull my hair out...

Ati Solution...
But it seems I have found a solution, Every time I do a scan hardware , It gives some funny results like windows xp service pack 5 or ...(I'm running vista).

Anyway, It came up with video drivers out of date, so it suggested to go to the Ati site in which i did, I downloaded this ''Hydra vision'' which was uploaded in. march 08, and it plays out of 3 times starting game .....3 times I could play..

Jae Onasi
04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm facing a few issues myself, all reflective surfaces (sith armor, male twilek's lower part of the headtails, blaster rifles) appear as white. I have no idea why this is occuring..I'm running a dual core 1.66GHz, 1 gig RAM,vista 32 bit, intel 945 card (I know,I know, it isnt supported, and it isnt really meant for gaming,but it runs kotor real well except for this issue, and nwn2 and empire at war very smoothly at high settings)
There's not much anyone can do if your video card isn't supported. Not all games play nice with Intel cards. Check in the Intel card thread, however, to see if those solutions help.

Z_arreis_Z
04-14-2008, 06:59 PM
ya i hv kotor 1 and 2 and i hv prob.s with both of em 2 wont work at all and 1 wont load and it wont let me do cheats which i hv been told is in the program itself cuz its 4 xp -_- so ya

oh btw heres my os specs and i hv it set to compat. mode

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=4/14/2008 2:57:01 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.10.427

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Service Pack=None
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=1662
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=15
CPUStepping=13
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=2048
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=21.97GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=53.64GB
E: (NTFS), UNICODE=1.06GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=F:\
Drives=TOSHIBA DVDW/HD TS-L802A ATA Device

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=1024
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
OpenGL Version=2.1.1
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8600M GS/PCI/SSE2
NVidia Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@oem63.inf,%cx885.m7717%;HP Digital/Analog TV Tuner
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=800
Height=600
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=1
Brightness=57
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=0
Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0

Kilppari
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
May I join your club of vista owners/haters?

Start the game.
Stop responding.
Lots of angry words directed towards Bill Gates.

I am having that "Kotor 2 isn't responding" -problem mostly during game start-up. It although starts working after couple of tries.
But that "stop responding" -s**t happens also: when I am trying use workbench to create items or rarely using inventory or menu.
Plus all of that s**t I am already having, my game started lagging after I downloaded newest drivers for my graphics card. On idle my processor consumption is 12% and during the game it jumps to the 80%!

Here is my dxdiag report:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/21/2008, 21:35:06
Machine name: JUHO-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)
Language: Finnish (Regional Setting: Finnish)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: P5K
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/23/07 16:58:56 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 913MB used, 3394MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0193&SUBSYS_20BE107D&REV_A2
Display Memory: 1051 MB
Dedicated Memory: 284 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Yleinen PnP-näyttölaite
Driver Name: nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2umx.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6925 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 12/11/2007 17:06:00, 5263360 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-42D3-11CF-C068-B50002C2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0193
SubSys ID: 0x20BE107D
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_B ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_A ModeWMV9_A
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Kaiuttimet (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883&SUBSYS_1043829F&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5391 (English)
Date and Size: 3/26/2007 22:18:52, 1062304 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883&SUBSYS_1043829F&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5391 (English)
Date and Size: 3/26/2007 22:18:52, 1062304 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Hiiri
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Näppäimistö
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Microsoft Optical Muse with Tilt Wheel
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x00D1

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB Root Hub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x2937
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
| Service: usbhub

----------------
Gameport Devices
----------------

------------
PS/2 Devices
------------
+ Standardi PS/2-näppäimistö
| Matching Device ID: *pnp0303
| Service: i8042prt
|
+ Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
| Upper Filters: kbdclass
| Service: TermDD
|
+ HID-yhteensopiva hiiri
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x00D1
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
| Service: mouhid
|
+ Terminal Server Mouse Driver
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
| Upper Filters: mouclass
| Service: TermDD

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 70.9 GB
Total Space: 102.4 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SAMSUNG HD321KJ ATA Device

Drive: D:
Free Space: 136.9 GB
Total Space: 202.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SAMSUNG HD321KJ ATA Device

Drive: F:
Model: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S ATA Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.00.6000.16386 (Finnish), , 0 bytes

--------------
System Devices
--------------
Name: Intel(R) G33/G31/P35 Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 29C1
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C1&SUBSYS_29C18086&REV_02\3&11583659&0&08
Driver: n/a

Name: Intel(R) G33/G31/P35 Express Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 29C0
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C0&SUBSYS_82761043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&00

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 294A
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_294A&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E5

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2948
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2948&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E4

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2940&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E0

Name: High Definition Audio -ohjain
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D8

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293C&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D7

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293A&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&EF

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2939&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D2

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2938&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D1

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2937&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D0

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2936&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&EA

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2935&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E9

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2934&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E8

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - 2930
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&FB

Name: Intel(R) ICH9 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2923
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2923&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&FA

Name: Standardi PCI ISA -silta
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2918&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&F8

Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_92\3&11583659&0&F0

Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_824F1043&REV_03\4&1AD356C7&0&01E4

Name: JMicron JMB36X Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_824F1043&REV_03\4&1AD356C7&0&00E4

Name: Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1048&SUBSYS_82261043&REV_B0\4&18BA0AA4&0&00E5

Name: VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_81FE1043&REV_C0\4&1542FBD&0&18F0

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0193&SUBSYS_20BE107D&REV_A2\4&38080174&0&0008

------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------

DirectShow Filters:
QuickTime Audio Decoder Filter,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,,
WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
QuickTime Video Decoder Filter,0x00600800,1,1,,
Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
Full Screen Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,,6.06.6000.16386
Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,,11.00.6000.6324
Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,11.00.6000.6324
AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,11.00.5840. 6324
RealVideo Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,RealMediaSplitter.ax,1.00.0 001.0001
AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.6000.16386
StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.6000. 16386
MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,,6.06.6000.16587
SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.6000.16386
MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.6000.1638 6
Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,2,0,msmpeg2enc.dll,11.00.6000.6 324
Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,,6.06.6000.16386
Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,11.00.6000.6 324
ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.6000.16386
Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
RealMedia Source,0x00600000,0,0,RealMediaSplitter.ax,1.00.00 01.0001
DivX Decoder Filter,0xff800000,1,1,divxdec.ax,6.08.0000.0000
WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,,11.00.6000.6324
VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.00.6000.1638 6
File writer,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16386
RealAudio Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,RealMediaSplitter.ax,1.00.0 001.0001
DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,,6.06.6000.16386
Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,2,0,msmpeg2enc.dll,11.00.6000.6 324
WST Pager,0x00800000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.6000.16386
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.6000 .16386
DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.6000.1 6386
Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.6000.16386
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,11.00.6000.632 4
StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.600 0.16386
Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,,6.06.6000.16386
Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,,6.06.6000.16386
AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,,6.06.6000.16587
Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Microsoft MPEG-1/DD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,11.00.5840. 6324
RealMedia Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,RealMediaSplitter.ax,1.00. 0001.0001
AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16386
Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,,6.06.6000.16587
File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,5.00.0001.0001
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.6000.16386
MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587

WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink -muunnin,0x00200000,1,1,,6.00.6000.16386

WDM Streaming Data Transforms:
Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler,0x00200000,1,1,,6.00.6000.16386

Video Compressors:
WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,,6.06.6000.16386
MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,,6.06.6000.16587
Radius Cinepak Codec,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
DivX® 6.8 Codec (2 Logical CPUs),0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386
DivX® 6.8 YV12 Decoder,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16386

Audio Compressors:
WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
PCM,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587
MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,,6.06.6000.16587

Midi Renderers:
Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587

WDM Streaming Capture Devices:
,0x00000000,0,0,,
,0x00000000,0,0,,
,0x00000000,0,0,,
,0x00000000,0,0,,

WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:
Realtek HD Audio output,0x00200000,1,1,,6.00.6000.16386
Realtek HDA SPDIF Out,0x00200000,1,1,,6.00.6000.16386

BDA Network Providers:
Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.6000.16386
Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.6000.16386

Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs:
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.6000.16386

BDA Transport Information Renderers:
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.6000.16386
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.6000.16386

BDA CP/CA Filters:
Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.6000.16386
Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.6000.16386
XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.6000.16386

WDM Streaming Communication Transforms:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink -muunnin,0x00200000,1,1,,6.00.6000.16386

Audio Renderers:
Kaiuttimet (Realtek High Defini,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
DirectSound: Kaiuttimet (Realtek High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek,0x00200000,1,0,,6.06.6000.16587

Help needed!!

Angerr
04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey all, new to the forums, but im needy. Picked the KotoRs out of some boxes while moving, tried installing and to my dismay they dont work on my newish computers Vista OS. I saved the Error report and will post the the errors after this, not the most computer savvy person in the world but if any of yall can make heads or tails of this it'd be much appreciated :)

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=4/24/2008 6:09:34 AM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v1.03.514077
GameInstallLocation=C:\Games\LucasArts\SWKotOR\

[OS]
Name=Win9x
Version=Windows 9X v6.0 build 6000
Service Pack=None
Status=Fail

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=1795
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=15
CPUStepping=2
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=2048
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=22.39GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=5.61GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\
Drives=

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=1024
Desktop Resolution=1280x1024x32
OpenGL Version=1.1.0
OpenGL Vendor=Microsoft Corporation
OpenGL Renderer=GDI Generic
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Fail
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Status=Pass

Dont think its any of the hardware(at least I wouldnt think so). Play Company of Heroes, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft without any difficulty whatsoever. So yeah if any of yall have a suggestion or two for me I'd love to play these games again.

Revan.Ragnos.85
05-19-2008, 12:13 AM
heres what you do: go into the program files/lucasarts then click on the swkotor.ini and drag it to youre desktop, then go to (just type this in in the bar on the top) user\whatever the name\AppData\Local\Virtualstore then click on prgram files, then lucas arts, then swkotor then the swkotor.ini file. then add the enablecheats=1 line and save. then go to the swkotor file on youre desktop and do the same then drag it back into the program file that you took it out of. check both of the swkotor.ini files to make sure they are the same. if you really want to check if they work first go into the file and change "disable sound=0" to "disable sound=1" ***ON BOTH SWKOTOR FILES*** if you do not make any changes to both files nothing will happen. but be carefull read my first thing about the whole color streeks because that might happen to you.
When I move the swkotor.ini file there isnt one left in my SWKotOR folder. Is that supposed to happen?

jonathan7
05-19-2008, 09:26 AM
When I move the swkotor.ini file there isnt one left in my SWKotOR folder. Is that supposed to happen?

Yeah thats fine, as you will put the file back after you have edited it. I hope this finally solves your problem :)

Revan.Ragnos.85
05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok, I edited the file and put it back into my SWKotOR folder, but when I try and bring up the menu during the game, it doesn't work. So just to make sure I did everything right, I am supposed to type in EnableCheats=1 in the .ini file right? And then press the ~ button during the game?

jonathan7
05-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok, I edited the file and put it back into my SWKotOR folder, but when I try and bring up the menu during the game, it doesn't work. So just to make sure I did everything right, I am supposed to type in EnableCheats=1 in the .ini file right? And then press the ~ button during the game?

Yeah, though you have to enable the console to appear too;

How to enable cheats

U.S. Version:

Find the file called "swkotor.ini" in your Knights of the Old Republic game folder. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\swkotor2.ini

Open the file with Notepad and under the line [Game Options] add the following line:
EnableCheats=1

International Versions

Find the file called "swkotor.ini" in your Knights of the Old Republic game folder. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\swkotor2.ini

Open the file with Notepad and under the line [Game Options] add the following lines:
EnableCheats=1
Enable Console=1

Opening the cheat console:

While playing, press [~] or [`]to bring down the console if the language setting of your keyboard is English (United States). The key combination to open the console varies according to the language seeting of your keyboard. Per example, for French (France) language settings, you have to press Alt Gr + 7 . Normally it corresponds to the keys you need to press to type a tilde ~.

Note tha tcontrary to Kotor 1 where the console shows up with a tiny [>] in the upper left corner of the screen, the cheat console in Kotor 2 TSL is invisible.

if you keep having problems, I'll send you a PM to help :)

Revan.Ragnos.85
05-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I have the U.S. version, so do I still have to enable the console?

jonathan7
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Well I have the U.S. version, so do I still have to enable the console?

Nope, I don't think so, it should just work, the console appears in the top left screen.

Revan.Ragnos.85
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Ok, I am thinking I must have done something wrong here. I just moved the .ini file onto the desktop, edited it, then moved it back into the KOTOR folder. Is there a reason that wouldnt work?

jonathan7
05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, I am thinking I must have done something wrong here. I just moved the .ini file onto the desktop, edited it, then moved it back into the KOTOR folder. Is there a reason that wouldnt work?

From the example you quoted earlier I think there are TWO files you have to edit, and this would also explain why you couldn't edit the one in the KotOR directory...

Revan.Ragnos.85
05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Ok, that must be where I messed up. Going to give that a try then.

user\whatever the name\AppData\Local\Virtualstore

Ok, what "bar at the top" do I type this in?

Ok, sorry, I found it.

Ok its finally working! Sorry for all the posting about it haha, but a big THANK YOU to everybody, especially you jonathan7, for taking an interest in getting it to work for me!

jonathan7
05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Ok, that must be where I messed up. Going to give that a try then.

user\whatever the name\AppData\Local\Virtualstore

Ok, what "bar at the top" do I type this in?

The address bar, its much like the one found in internet explorer or firefox at the top of this page.

Also note, that the address you will need to type in, will be your windows log in, for example, mine would be;

user\jonathan7\AppSata\Local\Virtualstore

yours would be;

user\Revan.Ragnos.85\AppSata\Local\Virtualstore

Hope its sorted soon :)

EDIT:

Ok its finally working! Sorry for all the posting about it haha, but a big THANK YOU to everybody, especially you jonathan7, for taking an interest in getting it to work for me!

No worries, for the help, I'm glad you have got it working :)

Revan.Ragnos.85
05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Okay, now that I have beat KOTOR several times once again, I decided to get started with TSL. I do get the old "KOTOR-TSL is not responding" message a lot, but eventually it works fine. But now when I am on the Harbinger and I get to the first group of Sith Assassins the game just freezes every single time. Anybody have any idea what the deal is?

Quatra
06-17-2008, 03:57 AM
hello,

I just installed kotor tsl in my new laptop that runs vista with the service pack 1.
I can't load the game at all. When i do the scan hardware available in the configuration of the game, it tells me that my video card needs the newer driver update. (Donator 45.23)

I went to the system panel and used the vista feature to update my video card. It found a new driver but the game still don't run :(

any suggestions would help me a lot.

p.s. I have a GeForce 8600M GT from Nvidia

Marius Fett
06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I had a similar issue, here's what I did:

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Insert Disc 1 and run the installer in XP compatibility mode and with Administrator privileges.

3. Follow the install procedure.

4. Update the game to the latest patch.

5. Download the mss32.dll file here (http://files.filefront.com/Mss32dll/.../fileinfo.html) and replace the one in your TSL directory with it.

6. Run the game in XP compatibility mode and Administrator privileges.

=====

It may also help to turn video and sound options down to a low/medium setting.

:)

Infradead
06-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Right, old problem fixed (Thanks Marius) New problems ahoy!
In KOTOR the game crashes after I confirm Canderous as a party member for the first time. Is there any fix for this?
Help would be appreciated, thanks.

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=19/06/2008 18:55:58
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.10.427

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Service Pack=Service Pack 1
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=2493
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=7
CPUStepping=6
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=2048
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=1.40GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=4.88GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\,F:\
Drives=PBDS DVD+-RW DS-8W1P ATA Device

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=1024
Desktop Resolution=0x0x0
OpenGL Version=2.1.1
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8600M GT/PCI/SSE2
NVidia Driver=(null)
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
Force Software=1
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=1
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1024
Height=768
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=1
Enable Tooltips=1
TextureVariation=0
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=0
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=54
Action284A=51
Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=53
Action281A=76
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=43
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=42
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=55
Action204=67

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=1
Movie 9=1
Movie 8=1
Movie 7=1
Movie 6=1
Movie 5=1
Movie 4=1
Movie 3=1
Movie 2=1
Movie 1=1
Movie 0=5

Inglebraten
06-20-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I ran through all the hoops of installing, reinstalling, and disabling, downloading and inserting the old Mss32.dll, downloading the file from the site that blowmyface put the link to because I never got the disc error problem so Securom wouldn't give it to me.

I also messed with my settings; running in XP SP2 computability mode and not, enabling and disabling Vsync, Hardware mouse, Sound, Movies, and tried the lowest resolution, 1024 x 768 @ 60hz and 75hz, and 1600 x 1200 @ 75hz. All of these would work occasionally, but rarely.
I also updated all my drivers (re-updated since I already had current) and installed sp1. Then I installed the game as XP SP2 and downloaded Alchemy. Even after all this and several restarts, the stupid game still refused to work, so in frustration (after 3 days of no results) I decided to use my system and enabled everything so I'd be running at the highest settings the game can run from the configuration menu.

Low and behold it worked. Now it starts up for me every time in some window mode I never saw an option for. I just get it to the load screen, maximize the window and I get to enjoy the game at full settings in full screen. I hope this helps anyone else who gets to the point of giving up that I was at. Yes, I put all my games into Alchemy both before and after enabling all options to max settings.

My system specs are:
Windows Vista Ultimate x86
Intel Q9300 Core 2 Yorkfield LGA 775 2.5GB Quad CPU
4GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) RAM
BFG nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB GPU
Intel P35 Chipset
Audigy2 ZS Gamer sound card
DirectX 10

I'll be reinstalling with Vista Ultimate x64 this weekend so I can use all my RAM, I'll let everyone know how that works.

Edit: Upon reinstalling with x64 with SP1I installed KOTOR II in XP SP2 compatibility mode, updated all my drivers, updated the game, moved in the old Mss32 file, and put it into Alchemy. The game works perfectly every time. I have my configuration options set to the highest resolution and graphics, while enabling Vsync and Hardware Mouse.

Inglebraten
06-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Well with my laptop that runs Vista Home Premium and doesn't have a creative card nor did I install in compatibility mode and I've also managed to get it to work and it does that same random window thing. I'm going to go on a limb and say that you require upgrading to SP1, run in compatibility mode, and insert the old Mss32.dll (version 3.0.0)file. As long as you didn't have any problem running the disc it should be fine, otherwise you'll need to contact Securom.

If your computer can handle it, don't forget to leave every box in configuration unchecked, that may or may not have anything to do with it, but it works for me with 2 different Vista builds and 2 different versions.

Infradead
06-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Just a little update on my problem, turns out right after you get Canderous in your party there's a cutscene, and for some reason any time the game has a cutscene it minimizes, sending me back to the desktop, and I have to wait a few minutes before maximising it again or it'll crash.

Quatra
06-25-2008, 01:42 AM

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Insert Disc 1 and run the installer in XP compatibility mode and with Administrator privileges.

5. Download the mss32.dll file here (http://files.filefront.com/Mss32dll/.../fileinfo.html) and replace the one in your TSL directory with it.

=====

thanks. All i needed was the new dll. thanks again :)

Inglebraten
06-26-2008, 12:53 AM
I have discovered a new development on Creative Labs' end.. If you are running on 64-bit and 4GB or more of RAM, their drivers (at least for Audigy2 ZS) don't fully support it and their beta is fairly unstable.

Problem:
At random points throughout the game (Combat, cut-scenes, movies, loading screens, etc..) the game stops responding and (after ending task) delivers a beautiful BlueScreenOfDeath with BCCode 76 which turned out to be related to Creative drivers.

Work around:
If you don't wish to remove your memory or change your OS, you can download the unstable beta version of the driver and end the task from the processes tab and not the applications tab. This will only cause you to shutdown the game and very rarely get a BSOD.

Advice:
Save often. I think I'll be playing off my laptop most of the time until Creative releases a final driver to support more than 4GB of memory with their sound cards (how it can't anyways is beyond me).

HK-42
06-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Ive had so many problems with TSL on vista..

1. Sound: Easy Sorta just replace the file given in the first post...Thx for that :)
2. New Game: When I started a game my game stops responding...Patched the game
3, Loads: My loading stopped working...Had to reinstall game...had to do 1&2 again
4. Cheats: My cheats dont work no solution so far its described in my help thread

EDIT: Due to this I made a new sig :)

mcdaniel
07-06-2008, 01:20 PM
If you have problem with running K1 or TSL on Vista, you could try this.
Open your control panel - programs - programs and fetures.
Here you have this option:
Use an older program with this version of windows.
And then just follow the Program Compatibility Wizard.

You can do this for installing from CD or local.

Enjoy your game :clap2:

Frinklin
07-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Okay, after much trial and tribulation I have both KotOR and TSL running on my fancy new Vista laptop, and I can even run most of my mods on it. Yee-ha...

Except for one very small, very weird bit. I have a wide-screen laptop, and neither game works that well in full-screen mode. Easy then, we go ahead and switch the ini file to enable windowed mode.

And this is when I find that my swkotor.ini file is locked. I'm on a Vista Admin user, I've made sure it's not Read-Only, but every time I try to change anything on the INI and save it, I get a rather nasty "Access Denied" error-message.

Anyone ever see this before?

Frinklin
07-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Okay, after much trial and tribulation I have both KotOR and TSL running on my fancy new Vista laptop, and I can even run most of my mods on it. Yee-ha...

Except for one very small, very weird bit. I have a wide-screen laptop, and neither game works that well in full-screen mode. Easy then, we go ahead and switch the ini file to enable windowed mode.

And this is when I find that my swkotor.ini file is locked. I'm on a Vista Admin user, I've made sure it's not Read-Only, but every time I try to change anything on the INI and save it, I get a rather nasty "Access Denied" error-message.

Anyone ever see this before?

Okay, nevermind. I got it. Man, it looks great, but Vista is a grade-1 pain in the but.

Infradead
07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
*sigh* OK, here we go.
At the end of TSL, in the Trayus Academy, I keep finding these invisble enemies. And I don't mean stealthed, I mean they're just not visible at all. Thing is, I can't attack them because the game thinks of them as friendles. Instead of them being highlighted red they are highlighted green. If I DO try and attack them, the game crashes.
This makes the last part of the game kind of hard, as I either have to be very careful about who I attack, or just run through the entire area without attacking anyone.
Please halp?

Darkspazz
07-15-2008, 07:49 PM

1. Uninstall the game.

=====

Okay, I've been having the same problems most others are having: Vista, NVIDIA, and TSL not playing nice with each other. I've kinda figured (I have practically no computer sense at all) that I should do the above. The only problem I have is that I've got no clue how to run the installer in XP compatability mode or Admin priviledges. I also don't think I'd know how to run the game in XP compatability mode, but I do think I can do that part with Admin. Any help?

Also, if it helps: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT and Vista 32-Bit.

EDIT: Actually, the only thing I need to know now is where to put the mss32.dll file and I'll hopefully be good to go.

Inglebraten
07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Start>Computer>Local Disk>Program Files>Lucas Arts>SWkotOR2

Just past it right in there and over right the one that's in there.

Darkspazz
07-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Awesome. Thanks!

Jedi Master Aagin
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
for some strange reason when i play kotor on Vista it crashes if i go into a cutscene so im stuck permanently on dantooine and im positive its going to do the same for TSL.
what shall i do?

Da_Man_2423
07-28-2008, 10:20 PM
^ You might want to actually try with TSL anyway, so you know if the problem is isolated or not.

Totenkopf
07-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Have installed and run Kotor on new machine w/Vista (unfortunate, I know). Haven't gotten off Taris yet (beyond using D333s warp band) so don't know what problems I may yet encounter. So far, can't get cheat console to work (only need it to "turbo" the game, mods and KSE take care of anything else). I've noticed that the KOTOR cutscene fixer mod doesn't work (on my machine anyway), but got around that probelm using D's warper. Does anyone know which mods don't seem to work on Vista for KOTOR (1)? If so, which ones? Also have Nvidia 7300 GS OC and Pent. DCP E2180 and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950(if that should prove relevant).

ianified
08-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi

I am unable to get my autosave to load i the onderon cantina or enter the cantina itself as i load in the place outside the canteen.

tried updating to 2.10.427 English, still hangs.

im on a vista premium, quad core

DarthVandar205
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Im having trouble running TSL on my computer. I have windows Vista and I recently got a new computer. However when i start the program it says that something went wrong and the program had to close. When I run a scan of my requirements it says that my memory and video card are out of date but I have more memory than what it says and my video drivers/card are up to date. I would send one of those dxdiag files but I cant seem to find the program to do that on my computer. Anyways it seems to be the problem everyone else is having. I also tried it in compatibility mode with no sucess and also used run as adminstrator. I also had trouble installing the game previously so I dont want to risk uninstalling it.

Ganden
08-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Im having trouble running TSL on my computer. I have windows Vista and I recently got a new computer. However when i start the program it says that something went wrong and the program had to close. When I run a scan of my requirements it says that my memory and video card are out of date but I have more memory than what it says and my video drivers/card are up to date. I would send one of those dxdiag files but I cant seem to find the program to do that on my computer. Anyways it seems to be the problem everyone else is having. I also tried it in compatibility mode with no sucess and also used run as adminstrator. I also had trouble installing the game previously so I dont want to risk uninstalling it.

Have you tried the Windows Vista Fix?
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Windows_Vista_Fix;85439

SpoonCake
08-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry to post this but when I try to run my game it tells me that my graphics card driver is out of date and I need to get an updated driver. But I cannot find one for the card I have.

I have a duely laptop. The graphics card I use is ATI Radeon X1270 Color:32 Bpp running on Windows Vista.

I was wondering if anyone had this problem or knows how I can download a new driver. I've even tried on the ATI/Radeon web site but have been unable to locate one.

DarthVandar205
08-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Have you tried the Windows Vista Fix?
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ista_Fix;85439

Yeah I did, it had trouble extracting the files. I beleive I was able to extract them but when I replaced the ones in the KOTOR 2 folder with the new ones the program still wouldnt load the game when I got to the start up menu. I still was told the program needed to close and that my specs still werent up to date. Since I had the trouble extracting the files im wondering if I extracted them all sucessfully or if they were recognized by the game. There was some kind of .ini file and a readme. I also got that new version of the msg32.dll (or whatever its called) file and that didnt work either.

Ganden
08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah I did, it had trouble extracting the files. I beleive I was able to extract them but when I replaced the ones in the KOTOR 2 folder with the new ones the program still wouldnt load the game when I got to the start up menu. I still was told the program needed to close and that my specs still werent up to date. Since I had the trouble extracting the files im wondering if I extracted them all sucessfully or if they were recognized by the game. There was some kind of .ini file and a readme. I also got that new version of the msg32.dll (or whatever its called) file and that didnt work either.

For the Vista fix, there should have only been 1 file in the zip file, which was the .dll file. The one with the ini? I have no idea what that's about.

Are you running any mods, or have you modified the executable file or the .ini at all? Sometimes people may have trouble when they patch the game to make it run in widescreen. I had that problem at one stage.

KoToR 2 on my computer also tells me that my graphics card doesn't meet the minimum requirements. This is the for the poster above you as well. I'm running a HD3870, so it's more than capable of running the game. I don't know much about that at this point, but I'm currently in contact with ATI trying to fix the problem.

DarthVandar205
08-27-2008, 01:43 AM
For the Vista fix, there should have only been 1 file in the zip file, which was the .dll file. The one with the ini? I have no idea what that's about.

It keeps saying I cant extract/open the .dll file when I try to use 7zip to put it in the KOTOR2 folder.

Are you running any mods, or have you modified the executable file or the .ini at all? Sometimes people may have trouble when they patch the game to make it run in widescreen. I had that problem at one stage.

I dont have any mods and the only changes I made to the executable was I tried it in compatibility mode and tried to run it as an administrator. I did patch the game to the 1.0b patch but I dont play it in widescreen.

KoToR 2 on my computer also tells me that my graphics card doesn't meet the minimum requirements. This is the for the poster above you as well. I'm running a HD3870, so it's more than capable of running the game. I don't know much about that at this point, but I'm currently in contact with ATI trying to fix the problem.

My game says both the memory and the video card dont meet the requirements.

Ganden
08-27-2008, 02:57 AM
It keeps saying I cant extract/open the .dll file when I try to use 7zip to put it in the KOTOR2 folder.

Hmm... I'm stumped on that one then. Perhaps you should check the permissions of the folders you're trying to extract to?
Also, I suggest that you turn off the User Accounts Control. My Vista experience has definitely improved after I've turned it off.

I dont have any mods and the only changes I made to the executable was I tried it in compatibility mode and tried to run it as an administrator. I did patch the game to the 1.0b patch but I dont play it in widescreen.

Well that rules any modding problems out.

My game says both the memory and the video card dont meet the requirements.

This is a problem I'm seeing more of on these boards. I'll take a wild guess and say that some of the new hardware peope are putting in to their computers is too advanced for KoToR 2 to detect.

DarthVandar205
08-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Hmm... I'm stumped on that one then. Perhaps you should check the permissions of the folders you're trying to extract to?
Also, I suggest that you turn off the User Accounts Control. My Vista experience has definitely improved after I've turned it off.

Im not entirely sure how to do either of these as im relatively new to Vista.

Ganden
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Im not entirely sure how to do either of these as im relatively new to Vista.

With the User Accout Control, check out this site:
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

Go down to Method 4, which is doing it via the Control Panel.

As for permissions with the folder, I'll have to look in to this when I get home tomorrow afternoon. You have to right click the folder and go in to properties, and go from there.

DarthVandar205
08-28-2008, 01:22 AM
With the User Accout Control, check out this site:
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

Go down to Method 4, which is doing it via the Control Panel.

As for permissions with the folder, I'll have to look in to this when I get home tomorrow afternoon. You have to right click the folder and go in to properties, and go from there.

I disabled the UAC, unsurprisingly KOTOR 2 still wont load, I still get that program must close because of error message. I found the permissions thing in the properties tab but I dont know how to proceed from there.

Edit: I managed to get the game working finally, not sure how long its gonna last. When I disabled the UAC I tried to extract the patch for the vista update and it worked this time and when I replaced the file the game was able to launch sucessfully. I also used win xp sp 2 compatibility mode.

Ganden
08-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I disabled the UAC, unsurprisingly KOTOR 2 still wont load, I still get that program must close because of error message. I found the permissions thing in the properties tab but I dont know how to proceed from there.

Edit: I managed to get the game working finally, not sure how long its gonna last. When I disabled the UAC I tried to extract the patch for the vista update and it worked this time and when I replaced the file the game was able to launch sucessfully. I also used win xp sp 2 compatibility mode.

Congratulations :)

DarthVandar205
08-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Surprisingly I was also able to use a number of mods on KOTOR 2, some I had trouble installing because they couldnt extract or copy the files sucessfully but they seem to work for the most part and dont have any adverse affect on my game.

Ganden
08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Surprisingly I was also able to use a number of mods on KOTOR 2, some I had trouble installing because they couldnt extract or copy the files sucessfully but they seem to work for the most part and dont have any adverse affect on my game.

Very good. Perhaps switch your zip file program to winRAR. I can't say for sure, but it might fix the problem with extracting the files.

DarthVandar205
08-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Very good. Perhaps switch your zip file program to winRAR. I can't say for sure, but it might fix the problem with extracting the files.

I had that program on my computer before and it worked really good but after a while they started charging me for its useage and thats why I tried 7zip instead because I simply needed a program to extract files from zip files and didnt need alot of fancy features or anything like that. If I get some money maybe ill use winRAR and see if theres a difference or not.

Ganden
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I had that program on my computer before and it worked really good but after a while they started charging me for its useage and thats why I tried 7zip instead because I simply needed a program to extract files from zip files and didnt need alot of fancy features or anything like that. If I get some money maybe ill use winRAR and see if theres a difference or not.

Right. All the best to you :)

DarthVandar205
08-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Only problem im having now is when I installed some mods for the Telos levels I cant get B4D4 to use his usual dialogue when I start a level on citadel station, he uses the normal dialogue he would if I visited the czerka offices. I dont know which mod is causing this and ive uninstalled most of them which would affect that area.

Ganden
08-30-2008, 12:36 AM
We'll keep the discussion of this in your new thread :)

sith_master2000
09-02-2008, 05:20 AM
I hate bumping old topics but I have no choice. OK here's the deal, brand new PC originally running Vista 32bit, on which KotOR II ran perfectly with the Vista Mss32.dll patch file, but for various reasons I upgraded to Vista 64bit. Now KotOR II fails to run no matter what I do. I've tried multiple intalls, various different Mss32 files, running in compatibility mode, you name it I've probably tried it. Does anyone have a suggestion that I might have missed somewhere? Or is KotOR II dead to me unless I downgrade?

Oh and for the record, Windows Vista is single handedly the worst OS I have ever worked with in my life. And also unrelated to this problem I just thought I'd mention that my graphics card doesn't work properly because of Vista and nVidia's incompetence. Thinking of buying a new PC? Don't install Vista whatever you do.

FOYY1222
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
ok i am new and very nearly computer illiterate. i know that this has been discussed but i did not understand exactly how to fix the problem. running kotor on my vista has produced better quality visuals that are much more fluid than my last computer, but i cannot enable cheats. i know what i have to do and even know where the file is, but it won't let me save the change, because it is a "read only file". PLEASE have mercy and tell me how to fix this problem...
btw, Bill Gates is a loser!

PepsiCola0613
09-06-2008, 02:10 AM
so yea i just bought a new gateway dx4200-ub001a computer with windows vista 64 bit. 6 gb memory an ati radeon 3450 hd video card with all the new catalyst drivers.
the new drivers fixed the lag i was having on dantooine.
but now i am on the become a jedi quest and when i go thru to the grove where you find juhani and my game crashes on the loading screen about half way thru.
ive tried all the graphics configs i can think of and it still happens!
i have tried this about 30 times now....and it still wont work.
as far as mods i have......
10 male heads pack.
all party is jedi pack.
realistic lightsabers pack.
multi kill and multi plague.
jolee is yoda.

and thats about it.....
is there anyone AT ALL that can help me!?!?
this game is tight as hell lol.
all i wanna do is play it with some extra stuff.....ya know?

i also have tried taking off all the mods but then it screws up my save game.......because of the male heads.....
but i wouldnt think that an extra head added in the game would make it crash like that......

someone please help! =]

omnipace
09-10-2008, 05:58 PM
SOLUTION TO KOTOR AND KOTOR 2 RANDOM CRASHES, STARTUP CRASHES AND DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING PROBLEM IN VISTA WITH NVIDIA DRIVERS :

This worked for me brilliantly and took hours to solve the problem, but the game runs wonderful now without any crashes. (Just don't alt-tab while playing, the game doesn't like it.)

PART 1 : INI file

Go to c:\program files\lucasarts\kotor2 and move swkotor2.ini to desktop, be sure the graphic options part is as follows :

[Graphics Options]
RefreshRate=60
Height=768
Width=1024
V-Sync=0
Anisotropy=8
Frame Buffer=0
Anti Aliasing=4
Texture Quality=2
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=0
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=0
FullScreen=0

Sound options are as follows :

[Sound Options]
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
2D3D Bias=1.00
Force Software=1
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Disable Sound=0

After editing the file if required, remove it back to c:\program files\lucasarts\kotor2 folder.

PART II : NVIDIA Control panel

Go to your desktop right click and open NVIDIA control panel, now to the manage 3d settings and select global settings, change it as follows :

Anisotropic filtering : 16x
Anti-gamma : On
Antialias mode : App-cont
" - transparency : supersampling
Conformant text clamp : Use hardware
Err rep : Off
Ext. limit : off
Force mipmaps : Trilinear
Max. prerendered frames : 8
Multidisp/mix GPU : Single performance
Tex-filtering neg. bias : Clamp
Tex-filt. quality : High Q
Thread opt : off
Trip buffer : off
Vsync : force off

PART III : Registry setup

Click start, click start search, type regedit, run it. Search for "_swkotor2.exe" (without commas). For me there were 3 entries and one of them is like :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E968-E421-11DE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]

Under this folder, you will find _swkotor2.exe entry. All entries must be REG_BINARY.

Check and add these entries :

_swkotor2.exe:D3D_16579523 01 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:D3D_30913648 01 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:D3D_60461791 47 67 41 08
_swkotor2.exe:D3D_94118636 00 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:D3DOGL_03385531 02 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:D3DOGL_12677978 60 16 62 51
_swkotor2.exe:D3DOGL_67207556 11 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:D3DOGL_70835937 27 00 32 22
_swkotor2.exe:D3DOGL_74095213 10 00 00 10
_swkotor2.exe:OGL_25631692 02 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:OGL_DefaultSwapInterval ff ff ff ff
_swkotor2.exe:OGL_ExtensionStringVersion 00 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:OGL_TexClampBehavior 00 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:OGL_ThreadControl 02 00 00 00
_swkotor2.exe:OGL_TripleBuffer 01 00 00 00

Close the registry editor, restart your computer and goodbye crashes... I believe OGL_ThreadControl is the critical point here. But to be sure I write all entries. Also changing all _swkotor2.exe entries to _swkotor.exe solves kotor 1 crashes, you may add them as seperate entries.

Also I changed my swkotor.ini file as follows :

[Graphics Options]
V-Sync=0
Anisotropy=8
Frame Buffer=0
Anti Aliasing=4
Texture Quality=2
Emitters=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=0
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=0
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1024
Height=768

PART IV : Bad TDR, Bad TDR...

This is an application for graphics drivers. When a driver stops responding, vista resets the device driver so the system continues stable. But the problem is old games sometimes stops responding naturally and vista thinks the game crashed. There is a fix for that problem incase your problem consists of this :

start regedit and go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Gr aphicsDrivers], add a new REG_DWORD entry as

TdrDdiDelay 120
TdrDelay 60

Close regedit.

PART V : RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

Somehow these changes requires restarting the computer to take effect.

PART VI : PLAY YOUR GAME AND SAVE OFTEN INCASE

Start your game in SP2 compability mode. Old mss32.dll is required also.

The game starts in windowed mode, but when you changed the resolution from the graphic options, it turns to fullscreen.

You should try turning on frame buffer effects and shadows as well from the ini file (Just set them to 1). I didn't care so I didn't try. But you may if it is important for you.

The game is also buggy and rarely crashes to desktop after these settings so save often. Good game although, or may be best...

RESULT : NVIDIA Drivers somehow sucks... These crashes are not hardware or directly vista problem in my opinion. My assumption is NVIDIA drivers somehow fail to change registry keys of executable game files due to vista protection schemes. Manually adding them solves the problem.

PART VII : LAST RESORT

Change your vista theme to classic to turn off windows aero subsytem. Also close the sidebar. As an option use CPU-control program and direct all processes to CPU1 incase you are using dualcore cpus.

PART VIII : Feedback Please

I wonder if this all in one solution worked for you too. Don't be lazy to report your results. Many people suffering may benefit from this if confirmed to solve crashes... Even NVIDIA support team may take a note and try to fix the problem...

Darth Avlectus
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
I have an eMachines model 5274 (or something close). I'll check what issues on gateway computers K2 has since my brand is actually a branch off of gateway.

Have a vista with XP service pack 2 (I don't know why, probably to keep unrevised microsoft programs from having conniption fits--but whatever).

For what good they might do I have some reports:

K1:
Scan hardware reveals red flag on the OS claiming it is not XP, but plays anyway.
Everything else is Green, so it's a go. I got a really great sound system on it for my money. No issues there that I can tell. 2.00GHZ Intel dual core pentium processor.

Caution on video graphics card --I believe that, yes it is an integrated chipset family... PnP genaric intel (yes they make graphics cards too). Meets minimum standrards at least. Has trouble in the undercity of taris--turn off shadows and it will tolerate it--grumpily. With shadows can be a real pain, but it will work with a higher tenedcy of glitch and crash.

Else, It has its few loading glitches and a couple other small things related to that--nothing a good quit and reboot of the program wont fix.
"Running" animations for movement might not trigger sometimes. OTherwise nothing else is wrong.

K2TSL: Before the patch
I tried the 12-15 times opening just to get it to play. NOPE--won't even acknowledge the game after a double click... Just slows for a second and then ignores it.

After I Patched with the latest Vista-fix-patch at kotorfiles.com: it will open, BUUUT after character creation and the opening text crawl cinematic, I get a message that vista has encountered a problem with the program K2:TSL and gives me the option of close and find solution online, or close program simply.

Absolutely refuses to play beyond that point. I'm out of ideas and I believe I have all but exausted options.

Hardware scan Reveals everything is a green for go (strangely, even the OS) and only a caution on the graphics card.

(Shrug) Guess it's really finicky, even on the lowest graphical levels???

In any case, I have exausted all options except disabling sound... but I don't see why I should if my sound system passed with flying colors...

Maybe buy a better graphics card (when I can afford it)...I think my model may even accompany an NVidiaGE 8800... If anyone has any other suggestions, send me a PM.

Hope this helps anyone with similar OS and model.

---in fact, now that I have uninstalled K2, it won't even acknowledge the discs, or it will let me select auto run but nothing happens......Could my disc set be deffective???

SpoonCake
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I downloaded that swkotor2.exe file in that zip folder and my game still crashes when I try to create a character.

TSLwonder
10-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Hi all. I've been trying to get TSL and kotor to work on both my vista laptop and desktop. When i get to around 17% on first disk, i get..
Component: DefaultComponent
File: F:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cylic redundancy check).

I get this for both games on both computers. Do i need to install something for this to work, or?

DarthHK
10-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Well... I've been playing the Best of PC version on my laptop for months, now but last week it stopped working. As soon as I open the .exe it crashes. I've already tried reinstalling and using the alternate .exe provided earlier in this thread. (When I use that, it doesn't detect my Best of PC DVD.) Suggestions?

*EDIT*
Nevermind foolish old me. Turns out it was because I had to change my Depth Buffer Bit to run GameTap which I coincidentally got a week ago. :P

Christos K
10-31-2008, 03:27 AM
I downloaded that swkotor2.exe file in that zip folder and my game still crashes when I try to create a character.

Try what I posted here if your GPU is NVidia.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193438

sniper_lord26
11-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I want to start playing Kotor2 but this keeps happening:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swkotor2.exe
Application Version: 2.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

When I run the config it always says that my gfc is out of date, but it is not. My gfc is a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, and i just updated the drivers for it when I got it last week. I could really use some help here.

My Kotor 1 works ok it also told me the the gfc is not up to par, but is still runs.

PLEASE HELP ME.

sniper_lord26
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
This is what it is telling me:

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp240/sniper_lord26/swkotor2config.jpg

I thought that this would help out in trying to help me.

sniper_lord26
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I got it to work and here is how I did it.

I looked at this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178099

I read though what some others have done so I tried the same.

I copied the mss32.dll from Kotor and put it in Kotor2, and the game started right up.

LostArkRaider
11-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi y'all.
I first ran KOTOR 1 on XP before and all worked fine. Since my old computer became quite unstable and hardware redundant, I switched to a completely new hardware set, P5Q, Intel Dual Core etc. Now I need to get KOTOR 1 running on Vista, and I'm encountering some issues.

The only requirement that is marked (with a yellow dot) in the system config settings test is the video card. After the issued warning it goes : (null) 4098MB. Graphics recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 or better or NVidia GeForce 4 Ti or better (128 VRAM).

I checked what videocard I have: an ATI ASUS EAH4850 series, driver version 8.511.0.0. I already updated the install version of KOTOR and set all .exe files in the KOTOR folder on the drive on Windows XP compatibility mode and I also tagged it as me being 'moderator'-(mode). Should I tweak anything for the graphic card or is it 'so new' it won't work for the elder KOTOR 1?

I managed to get past the character customization screen, and when pressing 'play' it first exited because of an error. When trying a second time to get past, the opening title video camle up just fine without noteable glitches. But when I pressed ESC to skip it, the error came up again.

Details (the specs were in Dutch, I roughly translated them):

Problem signature:
Event name of problem: APPCRASH
Name of application: swkotor.exe
Application version: 1.0.3.0
Datestamp: 00000000
Name of error module: StackHash_0774
Version of error module : 0.0.0.0
Timestamp of error module: 00000000
Exception code: c0000005
Exception margin: 00000000
Driver system version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Land properties-id: 2067
Additional information 1: 0774
Additional information 2: e26977578855e2637f4d717e90e466ab
Additional information 3: 1ac6
Additional information 4: 02c0455592725ced0ee0adf3523662e9

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0413

Someone got an idea to work around this error message or how to fix it?
Thanks a million !

DarthParametric
11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
My 4850 doesn't like the character creation screen of either K1 or TSL. It causes the GPU to become non-responsive requiring a system reset. Only way to play either game is to start from a save made on another machine. I have a scoundrel save for K1 and a consular save for TSL if you want to try that. These are at the very start with empty inventories etc.

K1_Starting_Save_Scoundrel.7z (179 KB) (http://e.imagehost.org/download/0779/K1_Starting_Save_Scoundrel.7z)

TSL_Starting_Save_Consular.7z (193 KB) (http://e.imagehost.org/download/0047/TSL_Starting_Save_Consular.7z)

You can change the sex, class, and head to whatever you prefer in KSE.

LostArkRaider
11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey thanks . Do I insert the entire folder (or just the elements) under the "saves" folder to make it work, or "gameinprogress"?

DarthParametric
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
You need to put the whole folder into the saves directory.

garlick
12-18-2008, 02:34 AM
what mine does well for the first kotor is when play the game if i save the game it switches videomodes so i only see a tiny peace of the screen the same thing happened when i tried running it in 1024 the screen would do the same thing but if i run it in 800x600 it runs and only glitches when i save the game usually goes to a black screen and alt tabing generally lets me back in and all is fine but some times it goes back to the wrong video setting. also the same thing happens if i enable vsinc. i can play this like this but it would be better if i did not half to shut the program down if it gets stuck in that video mode cause alt tabing or anting like that wont set it back to 800 x 600 its like its showing a quarter of screen on its maximum resaution setting..

im running a gforce go 256m dedicated 7600 im pritty sure that i have the right drivers but then again i should of confirmed that before posting here. thanks if anyone knows about this also id like to state now that im a terrable speller so i hope this post is understandable

LostArkRaider
01-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah well the problems aren't over yet... I managed to play aboard the first scene, got into the escape pod with Carth, I get the video of the escape pod crashing into the Corsuscant street, then of the character lying on the bed. But then the game encounters another error and closes down. WTF? Must be a security error of somekind. Dunno if my Norton360 has anything to do with it... A hand?

LowMoose
01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
A lot of older games have problems with multicore processors or singlecores with hyperthreading technology. This usually results in being able to run the game for only a few minutes at a time, or sometimes not even starting at all.

To get around this problem, you need to tell Windows to only use a single core for running your game. This should work for both KotOR 1 and 2 - and other games, too. I learned this trying to get Deus Ex to work...

1. Download ImageCFG (http://www.robpol86.com/pages/imagecfg.php), a tool for setting affinity (number of cores to use) on a Windows program.

2. Copy the downloaded imagecfg.exe to your game installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR )

3. Open a command prompt by pressing Start and typing cmd into the search field.

4. Type cd "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR" (or substitute your game installation directory). Remember the quotes - they're there to tell Windows to treat the entire path as one unit even though it has a space in "Program Files".

5. Type imagecfg -u swkotor.exe (or substitute your game executable). This tells Windows to run that application in "uniprocessor mode" instead of using all available cores. Note that swkotor.exe is the real game executable - launcher.exe only contains the menu that allows you to start the actual game.

6. Close the command prompt window and launch the game. Your problem should be solved, at least if it was related to having a multicore processor in the first place. :)

LostArkRaider
01-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok, I tried your trick but at the step 5., I got this message in the cmd screen : IMAGECFG: \s switch missing path argument.

Also, an error message appeared indicating that the ImageCFG for Windows NT did not respond...

Re-install the application to the directory?
By the way, I couldn't find the C:\Windows\system32\dllcache map in which I'm supposed to copy the same ImageCFG.exe ... is it a hidden folder?

While running the game, I did get 1 step further and also saw the short piece where Bastila's fighting off a Sith... but then again... crash. Thanks for helping me out.

LowMoose
01-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Are you sure you're typing the imagecfg command correctly? That error message says you used a -s switch instead of -u. If you're unsure, try copying the command from my post. You can paste it in the command window by clicking the right mouse button and selecting Paste.

Alternatively, it could be that Vista's user account control is messing with permissions. Try to repeat the exact same steps, but after typing "cmd" into the search box, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Enter. This will open the command prompt with administrator permissions (you'll get a dialog box asking you to give permission for the command).

The instructions on the ImageCFG download page that tell you to copy it to C:\Windows\system32\dllcache, you can ignore. This is just so you can run it from anywhere, not just the folder where you're currently in. Since you're doing this just this once to get one game working, it's not really necessary.

If you do get ImageCFG to work but the game still crashes, your particular crash is probably not related to multicore problems, so you may have to try something else. omnipace posted a pretty comprehensive set of potential solutions on page 3 of this thread.

Also... do you have a multicore processor in the first place? If not, this solution has no effect, because it only fixes crashes resulting from older games not understanding multicore processors. You can check this by right-clicking the "Computer" icon on your desktop or the "Computer" item on the right side of the Start Menu and selecting Properties. On this screen, under the System section, there should be an item entitled "Processor". If doesn't say "dual core", "quad core", "multicore", "hyperthreading" or anything like that, then you have a singlecore processor.

Hope this helps.

Yatsookey
01-19-2009, 02:38 PM
well i just recently tried to put kotor1 on my new vista comp and i have brand new nvidea card and everything.....after installation it took me to the launcher, patched it a few times, then went to game, after clicking that and waiting for about 45 mins nothing has happened its really confusing me can ne1 give some advice?

mcdaniel
01-26-2009, 01:46 PM
You will never belive this. And I don't have an explanation on this neither.
After I installed Microsoft Flight Simlator X Gold Edition.
KotOR is running smoothly, I just can't belive it.
I'm running 32bits Vista Ulitimate.
Like I said, I don't know what happend, but I like it..

Halpa
03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello, I have quite a problem. In kotor, while in the lower city in Taris, my game always crashes after the cutscene with Calo Nord in the second apartments. In addition, in the undercity, after killing all the rakghouls present in the area before entering the sewers, the game crashes as well. I have tried to surpass these matters in a number of ways, but I'm kind of a noob in solving this kind of issue. No matter how basic it is, I probably didn't do it, so please explain all you can. I have installed patch 1.03, the so called patch 1.04 mod (basically a compilation of other mods), the CAT 4.2 fix for the constant crashes (you know, the removal of the atioglxx.dl_ file from the CAT exe. and it's expansion in the kotor install folder.). I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit home premium.
If I missed something, please tell me. As said before, I don't do a lot of this.

(I had already posted this in a separate thread. I hadn't seen this one, I'm sorry.)

Here is the scan hardware:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=27-03-2009 21:34:11
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v1.03.514077
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=2200
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=15
CPUStepping=13
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=61.08GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=865MB
K: (NTFS), UNICODE=33.75GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\
Drives=HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-H60L

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=1680x1050x32 @ 60Hz
OpenGL Version=2.1.2
OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2
NVidia Driver=6.14.11.8208
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=@oem38.inf,%cx885.m71d3%;Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200 (Model 71xxx, Hybrid DVB-T, No FP)
Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor.ini

[Sound Options]
Sound Init=0
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=100
Force Software=1
EAX=0
Disable Sound=0
Number 3D Voices=16
Number 2D Voices=24
Environment Effects Level=0.60
2D3D Bias=1.50
Environment Effects=1
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]
GUIsInScreenShot=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=33
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
Enable Tooltips=1
Difficulty Level=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000
Memory Access=1
Memory Level=1
Disable Movies=0

[Movies Shown]
Movie 0=112
Movie 1=0
Movie 2=0
Movie 3=0
Movie 4=0
Movie 5=0
Movie 6=0
Movie 7=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 9=0
Movie10=0

[Alias]
HD0=.\
OVERRIDE=.\Override
TEMP=.\Temp
MODULES=.\Modules
LOGS=.\Logs
LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault
DMVAULT=.\DMVault
SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault
STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic
TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient
SAVES=.\saves
CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame
TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks
STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]
V-Sync=1
Anisotropy=2
Frame Buffer=1
Anti Aliasing=2
Texture Quality=2
Emitters=1
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=1
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=75
Width=1280
Height=1024

[Autopause Options]
Mine Sighted=1
End Of Combat Round=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[config]
firstrun=0

Halpa
03-29-2009, 02:25 PM
well i just recently tried to put kotor1 on my new vista comp and i have brand new nvidea card and everything.....after installation it took me to the launcher, patched it a few times, then went to game, after clicking that and waiting for about 45 mins nothing has happened its really confusing me can ne1 give some advice?

It's a problem with SECUrom. Get a no-cd crack.

Q
03-30-2009, 02:33 AM
After scanning through this thread, I have seen this mentioned yet, so I'll post it here.

VERY IMPORTANT:

For those that haven't yet, it's a good idea to download and install the latest DirectX Redistributable Package available here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0cf368e5-5ce1-4032-a207-c693d210f616&displaylang=en). This will install a full version of DX9.0c alongside DX10 that will not conflict with DX10 in any way. This should help with any DirectX 9 compatibility issues which I believe are the heart of KotOR's problems with Vista. Vista is supposed to provide backward-compatibility with DX9, but I think that it falls short is some areas and this will fix that. The link is for the March 2009 version, so be sure to check for the latest version before downloading. First-time installers are going to want to install the entire redistributable package. Just download the file, extract it to a temporary folder and run the .exe. You can then delete the temporary folder after installation is complete. ;)

Could a mod please put this in the OP?

DarthGlock
04-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Help!! I cnt run kotor2 on my Windows vista basic.Everytime i start a new game it loads then when it is done it says This program is no responding How do i fix it?

Q
04-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, you can start by reading through this thread from the beginning as well as this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324) and trying the solutions posted there.

Geoff_318
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
I have finished taris and now im on dantoonie doing the jedi training. i have saved juhani and found the star map. after the breifing from the council i run towards the ebon hawk and i get within entering distance i.e. 5-10foot and the screens goes black and i can do anything besides using alt+f4 to exit (or ctrl+alt+del)

this is a clean install from the best of DVD. version 1.3b. i am using vista sp1 32bit. i have done the fix that work but it has no affect i have done a new game. and it still happens male or female. i have spoken to securom and they say it have nothing to do with them. the .exe file that people have put links does not not work either and it asks for the cd disk 1 and refuses to accept my best of dvd.

warhammersupernerd
06-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Recently I was fiddling around with my TSL game and suddenly the cheats started working, even though it wasn't working before. All I did was setup the cheat console as per normal and it worked. If someone can figure out what I've done, I know that It will help anyone else stuck with the problem. I've got vista home premium. Also my party keeps randomly changing from light side to dark and back again. can anyone direct me to an answer?

cyal2895
06-21-2009, 03:45 PM
i disabled movies and sound but now my saves are gone and i had to restart, also i edited th swkotor2.ini file and when im in game and hit` and type in "addexp99999" then hit ` again it doesent work, nothing happens, do i hit enter or do i have to be at a workbench or something?

Kotor2 problem

cyal2895
06-22-2009, 02:18 AM
i got the cheats working but whenever sound is enabled i cant play the game

Kuuki
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Needless to say I'm one of those helpless Laptop Vista guys...
so, getting to the point:

first let's start with my swinfo.txt (http://www.kookee.wheresthebeef.co.uk/swinfo.txt)

now I've done these:
* installed freshly with the detailed instruction 'how-to' featured in these forums, and pretty much everywhere else, it's all the same actually.
* got the ScuROM fix
* Tried the no-cd key exe, i switched back to the scuROM thing
* downloaded the Mss32.dll
* Installed the latest Vista DX redistrubable
* Attempted the 'set affinity'
* I know about running apps in the background. so obviously I've tried that.
* Got the AMD Dual Core app that I'm supposed to run (Strangely i dont really get much notification that it runs really... >.>)
* Modified my Catayst drivers Via 'Mobility Modder.NET' application
[edit] * I've done that ' http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest ' thing, and well, obviously i exceed greatly

so what am I missing? :3

warhammersupernerd
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Have you tried everything in this forum? because I know one of them worked for me. Otherwise I've got no idea why it's not working

The Betrayer
06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Needless to say I'm one of those helpless Laptop Vista guys...
so, getting to the point:

first let's start with my swinfo.txt (http://www.kookee.wheresthebeef.co.uk/swinfo.txt)

now I've done these:
* installed freshly with the detailed instruction 'how-to' featured in these forums, and pretty much everywhere else, it's all the same actually.
* got the ScuROM fix
* Tried the no-cd key exe, i switched back to the scuROM thing
* downloaded the Mss32.dll
* Installed the latest Vista DX redistrubable
* Attempted the 'set affinity'
* I know about running apps in the background. so obviously I've tried that.
* Got the AMD Dual Core app that I'm supposed to run (Strangely i dont really get much notification that it runs really... >.>)
* Modified my Catayst drivers Via 'Mobility Modder.NET' application
[edit] * I've done that ' http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest ' thing, and well, obviously i exceed greatly

so what am I missing? :3

Compatibility mode?

Kuuki
06-23-2009, 11:08 AM
yup. basically everything that I wrote down i've done

and, yeah even the compatibility mode :(

well, everything except going to outrageously old ass drivers.

warhammersupernerd
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
"JMartin2507-11-2007, 06:55 PM
important bump for anyone who wants to play KOTOR on their vista.

With a lot of patience and help from stingerhs I was able to do what blowmyface had done and got a patch that allows for one to play KOTOR:D

Anyways hope this works for everyone else the link ish here: http://www.securom.com/support/customers/lucasarts/kotor_t081/swkotor.zip

Below ish copy of email with the instructions as well as the link itself just in case it didn't work earlier:

Subject : SecuROM Support Response: Ticket Number [52448]

Hello,

Please rename your original 'SWKOTOR.EXE', which is located in your installation directory on the hard disc, to 'SWKOTOR.OLD'. Then click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser. From the 'File Download' window click 'Open' and extract the new 'SWKOTOR.EXE' into the same folder and re-start the application.

http://www.securom.com/support/customers/lucasarts/kotor_t081/swkotor.zip

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
or via e-mail: support@securom.com"

This is what worked for my vista laptop :) but I got a Nvidia card and u got an AMD so I don't know what that does to it :|

D4R7H 5K3L370R
06-25-2009, 10:24 PM
so i got TSL for pc finally.

installed it and it kept crashing. stating *the sith lords has stopped working* once i actually got to the peragus movie clip, but then it crashed once again.

i read over the stuff here, but i am not all that computer savvy.

here's what i did find from a hardware scan.

"the hardware scan failed--click details for more information."

then it lists that i passed on everything but got a warning on video.

"you do not meet the RECOMENDED specs"

i currently have "intel g33 g31 express chipset family"

it suggests "ATI Radeon 9200 or better, or NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better (128MB VRAM)"

i've read on here that basically the intel chipsets are pretty much a lost cause if you want to play TSL on pc.

i have no problem with kotor 1 though.

so what do you suggest i do from here?
can i just download a freeware version of one of these or something?
would that fix it?
and if i do install one of these, will it wind up effecting kotor 1 playing correctly or possibly making it run even better?

Thanx in advance for any Help you can provide.

Frinklin
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
But hey, it's probably a new one! I can't even install the danged thing. Or KotOR 2 either for that matter. This is on my year-old gateway laptop. Running Vista SP1, 3GHZ dual athlon processors, 2GB RAM,ATI Radeon® X1270 chipset (I know, lousy). Both games have worked okay on my system before, but I had to reload Vista and now when I attempt to install the games it fails before the first disc is complete. I get a "I O device error" for both. I saw that someone else had that error but he decided it was a disc problem. That isn't the case with me, since my ubuntu machine can read them just fine.

Any ideas?

Kuuki
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
1) prolly vista
2) if you got any installed, any virtual drives installed
3) not running in administer

Star Admiral
07-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Vista should normally do this automatically, but check to see if the drivers for your optical drive are properly installed and updated. Have you tried installing any other games?

- Star Admiral

mattig89ch
07-19-2009, 01:51 PM
well helloa all!

I recently installed K1 onto my computer and the thing crashes every time I start it up. I made the games executable run as admin and still nothing. My vid card is a GeForce 6100 (on board) with the latest drivers. any help would be apreciated!

Kuuki
07-19-2009, 11:30 PM
vista?

mattig89ch
07-20-2009, 08:19 PM
of course, here's the problem report:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PCA2
Problem Signature 01: LaunchBOPC1.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.6.10.112
Problem Signature 03: Star Wars: Best of PC Launcher
Problem Signature 04: Star Wars: Best of PC
Problem Signature 05: LucasArts LLC
Problem Signature 06: 200
Problem Signature 07: -1
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 18957990

And I ran down the list on TG's forum for installing KotOR (http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3952). I even posted in that thread (same username).

Kuuki
07-20-2009, 11:20 PM
i have seen that even with my own trials with two systems running vista, one 32bit and the other 64

neither worked for me

and apparently there are ppl whom had it working, but im thinking that until i see a screenshot of someone in kotor 1 or 2 in windowed mode with an actual system report in the background.

then i'll say it works.

mattig89ch
07-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Ok, does anyone else know how to get this thing running in vista?

Kuuki
07-22-2009, 01:48 PM
i say PM the ppl whom created threads with the instructions to install it in vista

other then that, i donno

crafty09
07-29-2009, 10:00 PM
i have a vista 32 bit home premmium laptop i installed kotor 1 and when i try to run the game a window pops up with some weird sybols letters :confused: help plss

Irritated
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't know if this has been addressed before as I can't be arsed to read 4 pages of problems.

I have not played KotOR in years (been interested in newer games for a long time) and I'm just now getting back to a classic game from my youth. However, the last time I installed this game I had XP... now I have Vista Home Basic. As you can imagine, I cannot get the game to work.

Actually, unlike many troubles I read on the Internet concerning KotOR and Vista, I can get past the intro, the character select screen, and even a bit into the tutorial level. In fact it takes almost 10 minutes before the game crashes. However, at this point, be it a cutscene or gameplay, the game freezes and I get the windows "please wait" cursor. Naturally nothing happens and when I Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager I find the "swkotor.exe has stopped working" message.

If I reload saves I can continue from this point, and make it another 5 to 10 minutes. Of course, that is absolutely insane and I don't want to do that. It certainly kills the playability, fun and immersion of the game.

Now, I have actually googled this problem and done my research (aren't I a good boy?) which in fact led me to LucasForums and >THIS< (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324) thread here. I followed all of the instructions to the letter, for both install of the main game and the 1.03 update. However, this procedure failed to fix the problem. So I am here to ask for your guys' help determining the problem.

Here's all the data I believe could be relevant. Before I list off my system specs, I should note I decided to do a KotOR Hardware Scan. Not that any of my hardware is insufficient to play the game (game was running VERY smoothly at high settings, despite my crappy CPU), but I wanted to see if the game was taking issue with my hardware and if so, what. Both my OS and Video Card failed the test; the OS because KotOR thought I was running windows 9x, and the Video Card because I had "insufficient drivers". I am fairly certain I'm running the latest drivers, but we'll see.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Sempron (single core) LE-1250 2.2 GHz
RAM: 2.0 GB DDR1 Physical RAM + about 6 GB Virtual RAM across 3 hdds
hdd: KotOR is installed to a 500GB Internal hdd with less than 5% of the space used
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8500 GT (driver version 7.15.11.8122)
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Computer runs at 1680 x 1050 resolution, the game is set to 1280 x 960 @ 60 Hz refresh rate

I believe that is all pertinent information. If you need any further information, please tell me. Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated as I am *really* feeling a KotOR itch and I am unable to scratch it ;)

Q
09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Did you do the Dantooine lag fix?

Irritated
09-21-2009, 03:56 PM
At the time of my first post I had not. However, after implementing the fix I was able to continue playing unhindered. Thank you for your help. :)

Q
09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Great. :)

Altmar Kalta
10-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Not really sure how to solve my problem here, but when I do a scan, the game says I need NVIDIA Detonator 45.23 Driver and to have either Windows 98, ME, 2000, or XP.

Can anyone help me here on how to get my game working? I'm not the smartest person on computer so the simpler it's explained, the better.

Thank you to anyone at all that can help me here.

Dark Fenix
12-29-2009, 10:35 PM
my game worksfine exept for when your a droid, you can move for like 5 seconds then it crashes, everything else works but that. what is wrong? is it a faulty disc? specs aren't good enough? anyway please help me!!!

here are my specs

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/30/2009, 13:33:28
Machine name: S-LOV0004
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Business (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.090805-0102)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: PORTEGE M400
BIOS: v3.60
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 1240MB used, 1054MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
chip type: Intel 950 GMA

Awesomeo
09-08-2010, 05:03 AM
I bought KOTOR2 many years ago and it ran fine on my old XP computer. I dug out my copy of the game today and installed it on my newer vista machine.

I am trying to follow the instructions on getting it to work, but the link for the mss32.dll file does not work anymore. AFAIK the mss32.dll file I need to download is a specific version or it won't work properly, and it's to do with the sound in the game? I got it to run fine with the sound disabled, but I don't want to play with no sound.... :-\

ironx
06-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey there, I'm new to this site and I apologise if this question has already been asked.

I have both KotOR's and they both run perfectly fine on my Vista and everything. I have already finished both and would like to play them again but I wanna play them with cheats. Here's the problem: Vista will not allow me to save changes made to the swkotor.ini file which made me wonder if I need to change certain settings (I tried looking up all sorts of stuff on the Vista site).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

right click on the .ini file, select security , click change and give the "user" permission to write the file.. that should do :)

DarthDudo
01-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Anyone having problems with intel hd graphics I followed these instructions to the letter and TSL runs perfect on my machine now

CPU: Dual Core Celeron T3500
GPU: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express
RAM: 4096mb
Windows 7 64bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=8OzV7EKfJKM&annotation_id=annotation_390201&v=WwEZlal8yb8

Q
01-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Gee, I wonder where that dude got his information word for freaking word? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2562645&postcount=2) :wonder:

You know, I really just want people to able able to run the games on newer versions of Windows, but a little bit of credit for the three years that I've been working on that guide would've been nice. :dozey:

Trossk
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
So I have a problem, I start up the game create my character, and click start.
Then it crashes. The loading for the crawl happens then black, then crash. Any ideas?

Probably not my specs, my machine is new enough to not worry about that.

Q
01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
So I have a problem, I start up the game create my character, and click start.
Then it crashes. The loading for the crawl happens then black, then crash. Any ideas?

Probably not my specs, my machine is new enough to not worry about that.
Did you install the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324)?

Trossk
01-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Did you install the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324)?

I did, it fixed the first problem but now it crashes in the scene with T3 booting up! :mad:

Q
01-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm going to have to take a look under the hood. Try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:
Post your system specs
Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:
If you're using Vista or Windows 7, go into your game folder, find "launcher.exe" and right-click on it. Select "properties", then "compatibility" and check the box beside "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Then check the box next to "Run this program administrator" and hit "OK". (EDIT by Q)
Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2 (by running "launcher.exe").
Click on "Configure".
Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
Click "Yes" to continue.
Click "Details" to view your system specs.
Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.
You can leave out the keymapping and everything after that.

Trossk
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=1/10/2012 5:19:23 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.424
GameInstallLocation=C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=2094
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=7
CPUStepping=10
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=124.13GB
D: (NTFS), UNICODE=28.64GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=E:\,F:\,G:\,H:\
Drives=Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S

[Video]
Video Card Name=RDPDD Chained DD
Video Memory=2048
Desktop Resolution=1366x768x32 @ 60Hz
OpenGL Version=2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1840
OpenGL Vendor=Intel
OpenGL Renderer=Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221)
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=1366
Height=768
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Anisotropy=2
Frame Buffer=0
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=0
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0
RefreshRate=60
Width=1366
Height=768
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

[Game Options]
Enable Tooltips=1
TextureVariation=0
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=0
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
UnlockedPlanetSongs=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0

[config]
firstrun=0

Q
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
GameVersion=v2.00.424

Your game does not appear to be patched.

Also, you'll need to set resolution to 1280x768 under both [Display Options] and [Graphics Options], because the game won't support 1366x768 without some sort of mod.

Trossk
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
GameVersion=v2.00.424

Your game does not appear to be patched.

Also, you'll need to set resolution to 1280x768 under both [Display Options] and [Graphics Options], because the game won't support 1366x768 without some sort of mod.

I decide it might be wise to just reinstall totally, I figure it might also be a problem with mods as well as the updates. Thanks for the help. :thmbup1:

Darth Xander
03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
I've done everything I can think of, and followed a lot of instructions on this and still, my game crashes after the scrolling text intro-movie, I get a few seconds of sound of the prologue level and then it crashes.

I have: Updated it to 0.1a & then to 0.1b (I'm in the UK), I have set the .exe (From SECUROM) to use as admin & set it to run in XP SP2, I've changed the 3D settings of my Intel driver by changing the flipping policy to blit, I've added the Dantooine Lag fix (I think), I've reinstalled it countless times, the original .exe wants me to insert the play disk (even with the disk in the drive) [This error only occured since I followed Q's lengthy instructions on the other helpful thread.]

Not all in that order however.

The last thing I've done is added the disable vertex buffer objects, which I am pretty sure is the Dantooine lag fix, strangely enough after this, my game doesn't crash, however it doesn't seem to transition from the intro movie to the prologue level (I skip the movie.) I can hear the loading screen's music track playing but whilst I gaze at a black screen waiting to hear my first few seconds of audio from the level, nothing happens. (And I waited patiently for a good few minutes.)

Edit: Back to crashing.

Here's my error report, I'm sorry if this post is a little inconvenient but I totally give up trying to fix this myself now.

Thank you.

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=15/03/2012 22:21:50
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v2.00.424

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]
C:\pagefile.sys=1524

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=1995
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=6
CPUStepping=1
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1016
Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]
C: (NTFS), UNICODE=10.16GB
Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]
DriveLetters=D:\,E:\
Drives=TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462D ATA Device

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=256
Desktop Resolution=1280x800x32 @ 60Hz
OpenGL Version=2.0.0 - Build 7.15.10.1666
OpenGL Vendor=Intel
OpenGL Renderer=Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
Vid Card Status=Warning
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

[Audio]
Sound Card Name=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Status=Pass

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=32
Number 2D Voices=32
2D3D Bias=1.00
Force Software=0
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]
V-Sync=0
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Anti Aliasing=0
Texture Quality=0
Grass=1
Soft Shadows=1
Shadows=1
Brightness=57
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=0

[Game Options]
Enable Tooltips=1
TextureVariation=0
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=0
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
UnlockedPlanetSongs=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=54
Action284A=51
Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=53
Action281A=76
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=43
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=42
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=55
Action204=67

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=0
Movie 9=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 7=0
Movie 6=0
Movie 5=0
Movie 4=0
Movie 3=0
Movie 2=0
Movie 1=0
Movie 0=4

Q
03-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Did you try contacting with SecuROM for a new .exe? The link is in my installation instructions post.

Also, Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 is indeed the Dantooine lag fix, and it doesn't seem to be under [Graphics Options].

Darth Xander
03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I've added the Lag Fix, still no change and I'm on SecuROM's website but see no way of contacting them.

Q
03-20-2012, 04:20 AM
You have to install the diagnostics tool.

nivao
04-16-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm having a different problem. It doesn't start up at all. I tried all fixes and the end result is the same: it will only start if I disable sounds (even on the most vanilla version of the game, without any fixes). If I start it as normal, it only shows the task in the Task Manager without any CPU usage, but no error, no black screen, no crash.

I tried without patches.
I tried with original .exe.
I tried with all Mss32.dll, from KOTOR 1, etc.
I tried in windowed mode and fullscreen.
I tried with "Force Software Sound".

So far, the only thing I haven't tried, is installing Windows XP or 98 as dual boot, but I really don't want to go through all that trouble. If there is no solution, I will still try that.

By the way, KOTOR 1 works without any problems. No crashes, no glitches, nothing. I also installed and launched both games with XPSP2 compatibility. KOTOR 1 doesn't even need that.