PDA

View Full Version : Modula Editing K2

darthriddick
03-28-2007, 01:55 PM
hello all!
so i'm working on a small side quest mod right now, but i'm running up against some problems...(simply because this is something i have NEVER done before, and there aren't any tutorials for this)

first off the most simple question. ^_^
i need the script that allows for movement from one area to another ( like the one on telos station when you click on the information terminal)

second: i need to make a door become a wall. namly i will be needing to block the entrance to teh entertanment deck of telos station, from the shuttle bay, and the TSF command center, so i can have JUST the shuttlebay, and the TSF command center.

that's it for the moment!

thanks
~DR

stoffe
03-28-2007, 02:08 PM
i need the script that allows for movement from one area to another ( like the one on telos station when you click on the information terminal)

void main() {
StartNewModule("ModuleName", "WaypointTag");
}

Replace ModuleName with the name of the module to warp to, and WaypointTag with the Tag of the waypoint in that area where you wish the player to appear.

i need to make a door become a wall.

Set the "Static" flag in the door template (.UTD file). This should make the player unable to interact with the door and open it.

darthriddick
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
ok, that works perfactly, just one more thing...
could you(stoffe) or anyone else browsing teh forums, direct me to a merchant creation tutorial?
thanks a ton!
~DR

stoffe
03-28-2007, 06:43 PM
ok, that works perfactly, just one more thing...
could you(stoffe) or anyone else browsing teh forums, direct me to a merchant creation tutorial?

There is one in the General Tutorials forum at the top of Holowan Labs, here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147231). That should cover the basics of it.