PDA

View Full Version : The very very very offtopic thread

UDM
04-04-2007, 04:36 PM
In light of how OJP is getting more activity on the forums, and how guidos like Maxy are becoming increasingly...guidoish, I've decided to start a very offtopic thread. No flames, no OJP related ideas. Just have fun in the OJP community, talk about anything; you don't even need to continue from the previous post, just...well have fun!

Pimp time woohoo!

For those of you who enjoy strategy games and the original Total Annihilation, and haven't experienced my incessant pimping on MSN already, check this out

http://taspring.clan-sy.com

And max you fag stop calling me a guido

madcatmach2
04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
For those of you who enjoy strategy games and the original Total Annihilation, and haven't experienced my incessant pimping on MSN already, check this out another total annihilation player i loved that game I mean come on where else could i use nuclear missiles to take out the majority of the enemy's base and the just wipe them out with 50+ Zuse bots or find a kid dum enough to build 30 suicide bomber bugs in the heart of his base ah such easy target practice for my bomer

wow i loved that game

Maxstate
04-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah that game roxx0red the b0xx0rz.

I'm going to get through my first (and hardest) year of college for 80-90% certainty, and I am happy because of this fact. I am unhappy however because there are still ECDL dossiers I have to make for Excel and some other poop souffle program.

UDM
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Nuke FTW! Total Annihilation was pure carnage

Hey kid count yourself lucky you're in school. College girls <3333333

mark2000
04-05-2007, 04:26 AM
SWEET! just like the Chat/Spam thread i made on another forum. :D

Anyone here play Battle Gear 4 Tuned?? IT OWNS! It's like having an Arcade Version of Gran Turismo (not talking about the 'arcade mode')

UDM
04-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Daytona FTW!

In other words, no I never played it

Maxstate
04-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Daytona?

That was the name of my very first 4mb video card with no graphics accelerator. Oh the joy of playing games that had black edges around all light sources and crashed after 5 minutes.. my next one was a riva tnt2 32mb, was a good card for it's time.

UDM
04-05-2007, 05:52 AM
I don't play it at home, I play it in the arcade. Force feedback rulz

Midnight Club 2 happens to be one of my favourite racing games though. Very simple but addictive fun. Too bad the AI is pretty dumb, and you can't customise your opponents' cars in skirmish mode

Maxstate
04-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Meh racing games are teh sux, racing mopeds against friends is betterer :thumbsup:

mark2000
04-05-2007, 05:58 AM
I got sick of GT4 already. I have very low hopes for realism improvements in GT5. Need For Speed is too retarded. Forza 2 sounds like its turning into another NFS wannabe. The Tom Clancy games are slowly getting retarded by each passing game. Most mainstream games never really last long in replay value.

*sigh*...I guess i'm stuck playing in the arcades for a while. >_>

Maxstate
04-05-2007, 06:00 AM
There's some old games I'm planning to play again, including:
-The fallout series
-Divine Divinity

And if you like new games better I'd recommend titan quest with the immortal throne expansion, STALKER or Savage Enhanced (it's new because of the mod, stfu :d).

UDM
04-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Savage makes my modem cry. The trouble with living in Singapore is that almost everyone else around you only knows what CS and Warcraft3/DOTA is

n00bs

Half the time I step into LAN shops, most people are either playing War3 or DOTA or CS. And the best part is this: they always look bored

Seriously, if you let them play JKA, they'd think the graphics are lifelike. That's how sad and pathetic most casual Singaporean gamers are. They assume that playing CS makes you sort of like a gangster or something, when they actually weigh less than 40 toothpicks. And for some weird reason, Singaporeans who play CS/DOTA/WC3 like wearing caps. Maybe they think it makes them look cool, I dunno, but srsly they look just plain retarded and girly and like (Max where are you??) GUIDOS

Morons. I'm just looking for an excuse to beat one of them till his face smashes in and his eyeballs crushed

Maxstate
04-05-2007, 06:08 AM
CS/warcraft 3 and Dota are played everywhere by everyone man. I agree that it's a bit stupid, but whatever keeps them off the streets and from becoming korean/ah beng. :p

UDM
04-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Wrong. After playing CS, they feel manly. They go out to take a smoke. Maybe go for a game of pool

Argh I can't take it anymore. I don't like picking fights, but I just cut my hair bald yesterday, and I kind of look like a penguin with my glasses on. I just need one of them to call me a penguin, and then we'll get the blood flowing

Seriously, if any of you need anger management classes, come to Singapore. Wear drabby clothes, cut some ****ty hairstyle, look liek a nerd/retard/both, and stand outside a neighbourhood school, wait till some unlucky sonofabitch picks on you, then let it rip

Some little scumbag wanker was staring at me yesterday. Acted tough by spitting into the drain. Lord how I wanted to smack that guy back into his mom's womb. If only he'd disturbed me.

Maxstate
04-05-2007, 06:24 AM
If only it were that easy, singapore is whack about it's rules and regulations. Some guy walked on the street with no shirt on and got 10 public whip lashes to his back.. I mean what the ****?

Although I commend this way of punishment as it greatly reduces crime levels (check murder rates in singapore for example), I really think a more humane solution has to be found.

can't toke in singapore :(

UDM
04-05-2007, 06:57 AM
True it reduces crime levels, but at times I envy American prisons. I was watching this documentary on a prison in Pennsylvania, it's to lock up the most wanted criminals around that area. Wow they have gyms there, an outdoors exercise area, good food...holy crap..

Maxstate
04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Prisoners in Holland get DVD players and television sets in their rooms.. some people go to jail willingly because they have no other place to go.

mark2000
04-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Prisoners in Holland get DVD players and television sets in their rooms.. some people go to jail willingly because they have no other place to go.

yeah. some guys will purposely let themselves go to prison just so they can have a place to sleep and eat. Sad life huh.

DOTA is the rage here in PH too but they're mostly played by "normal" people (not one of those gangsta bullcrap).

The only game I usually see gangsta boys play is Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune. Left hand tightly gripping the shifter and right hand on top of the wheel like Fast and the Furious retards. They pick the cars they only saw in F&F then, when the race starts, they hit every wall they see (A.K.A. they suck at driving). I dont like them but atleast they contribute to my WIN Record.

UDM
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
"atleast they contribute to my WIN Record"

:o

I see a lot of people playing Initial D and MAximum Tune too. Yeah they're gangsta-types too

Hey take a look at this blog to see Singapore's "gangstas"

http://museum-of-twits.blogspot.com

mark2000
04-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Hey take a look at this blog to see Singapore's "gangstas"

http://museum-of-twits.blogspot.com

WTF......:eek:

Tanqexe
04-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Mark, you have hina-chan as your sig....maho maho maho :D

Crab ice cream cake ftw

mark2000
04-06-2007, 02:36 AM
hina?? Isn't her name Himeko??

Gotta love that Ahoge. MAHO MAHO MAHO :D

Maxstate
04-06-2007, 06:49 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Maxstate/finalwordlol.jpg

Don't ask.

Actors: Jesus = hockney, Razor Ace = : | guy :p

't was a long time ago in the land of the BORED.

UDM
04-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Ever considered psycho-therapy?

Maxstate
04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Ever considered psycho-therapy?
Many, many times ;(

mark2000
04-06-2007, 09:06 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/Maxstate/finalwordlol.jpg

Don't ask.

Actors: Jesus = hockney, Razor Ace = : | guy :p

't was a long time ago in the land of the BORED.

lol.....wtf.......ChatRoom RPG......:sweat:

Faelion
04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Is there a way to make a "180 degree turn" button in Jedi Academy?

UDM
04-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Wow that is really offtopic ;)

uh I think you could set up a bind with a certain yaw speed and add in a wait 1 command

DarthDie
04-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah good job....thats the best off topic post so far......Jelly Beans!!!!! Garfield FTW!!!
| @M @ |337 |-|@**0r!!!!! Not!!

Faelion
04-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks, but the yawspeed and wait command combination did not work all the time. The turning amount wasn't constant for some reason. I suppose it was that the game isn't running at a constant speed. The console code I used to test was "bind / 'cl_yawspeed 10000; +right; wait 2; -right; cl_yawspeed 140'"
Is there anything I can use to make it constant? Or will I need to make a change in the actual code part?

edit: wait 1 was not long enough to move, and in place of ' use " ingame. the " on the outside just showed everything I typed.

ensiform
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Not rly dood, yawspeed is in jamp app not the server or client modules.

And the reason it is not always the same is because of the wait. Jacking up ur yawspeed is a cheat though IMO so... Plz 2 not do and take that elsewhere.

Faelion
04-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I figured by now that yawspeed wasn't going to do it, but what can I do for a 180?

ensiform
04-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Can't rly dood, just turn ur mouse \=

Faelion
04-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I figured somebody would say that. Fine. I don't want the mouse to be used. Not that it matters to any of you, I am trying to go for a sidescroll type of gameplay. As in "not turning slightly" and "moving left and right across the screen". You can't do a 180 so it wouldn't be as good without it. I just thought it'd be neat, or different. That's what I always want to and try to make, but usually there are game limitations. So can I get help to by-pass this one? Please?

Maxstate
04-07-2007, 04:01 PM
There's a 180turn animation at the end of the animation.cfg, so there probably was a command like that for the player view. Vehicles though.. I dunno.

Faelion
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Really? That could be useful. How do I access an animation though?

edit: ingame, that is.

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
another total annihilation player i loved that game I mean come on where else could i use nuclear missiles to take out the majority of the enemy's base and the just wipe them out with 50+ Zuse bots or find a kid dum enough to build 30 suicide bomber bugs in the heart of his base ah such easy target practice for my bomer

wow i loved that game

I must admit, i've never had the pleasure in playing it, is it any good?

UDM
04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
gargoyle: Why, you can find out here!

It's free!

ensi: cut the 1337 5p33k or il1 h4xx0rz 0fF y0u|2 b4l1$

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 04:48 PM

It's free!

Wow, i've just seen the screenshots and as far as RTS games go, this looks damn impressive - I'll give it a go!

What does this mean:

Maxstate
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Really? That could be useful. How do I access an animation though?

edit: ingame, that is.
That's the problem, it's probably linked to a rudimentary command from quake3.. I really don't know. This is something that Razor Ace or Ensi will be able to tell you.

Faelion
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay. Thanks a lot. I'll make a thread.

UDM
04-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow, i've just seen the screenshots and as far as RTS games go, this looks damn impressive - I'll give it a go!

What does this mean:

ensi, stop the 1337 (elite) speak or ill cut off your balls

1337 sp34|< is what CS players do best at :)

madcatmach2
04-08-2007, 12:32 AM

It's free!

wait did someone remake the game when i wasn't looking cus my coppy is deff 3d sprites

UDM
04-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Yes it's a remake. Well sort of anyway

Total Annihilation models weren't sprite, they were polygonal. TA:S took the models, and made their own engine, then stuffed the models into that engine. It's basically a graphics engine overhaul

madcatmach2
04-08-2007, 10:06 AM
sweet im going to have to check this out

madcatmach2
04-08-2007, 09:35 PM
wow it has been way to long since i played that game i don't remember any of the controls but this new spring thing looks great i love how i can play as a fighter *note to self get good at TA again so i don't get my ass handed to me*

ps. where can i get the other maps since it only came with like 2

UDM
04-09-2007, 09:20 AM
http://spring.unknown-files.net is what you're looking for

Download speedmetal if you want to have a rushfest :)

Maxstate
04-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Yay tonight is my last night working at that damn restaurant.... I hope.

There are no words how much I hate that place. The smell, the people, the talking around your back and the work aren't worth the money you get.

Luckily for me I'm starting a new job in a supermarket this friday and am hoping to keep working there as long as I'm in college ;d

UDM
04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
So you're going to wear a striped shirt and an apron to work then?

pics plz! :D

Maxstate
04-09-2007, 11:51 AM
So you're going to wear a striped shirt and an apron to work then?

pics plz! :D
We have company BLOUSES :sunglasses:

UDM
04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm just curious: what keeps you guys on to this project, with games like Doom 3 and HL2 being pursued after by modders? Why aren't you modding those games and still staying here in this pasture?

For me, it's the passion I guess. That's a strong enough motivation. Also, this community's fun to talk to, though alas it is small.

In fact, I was working on a Doom 3 mod, but had stopped to help out with OJP. I think OJP can turn out to be something pretty big. It's like a little child prodigy - knowing it has potential to grow into something bigger, something smarter. Even though the Q3A engine is definitely ancient compared to what we have nowadays, I think the fact remains that OJP offers something that many other mods/games don't offer - unique gameplay

Of course, it'd still be really good to see OJP having a graphical update, but that being said, I'm glad to see that the community's still so bonded together. Being in the Doom 3 modding community for some time, I've seen teams lose motivation just because the game's no longer popular. It's sad that people don't have the passion in what they do, and when they dont have this passion, they lose the drive

Project leader: dudes our website's not getting more than 20000 visits a day
other members: really? omg wtf...this sux im outta here

DarthDie
04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I cant play Doom 3 and HL2 :P.

Maxstate
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Because games like Doom3 and Half life 2 lack you guys... ;d

Hahah! Why? Because.. it's the 1337est ownagest mod evar and I get to share it with guys and gals like you

mark2000
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm not a modder but the reason I'm still playing OJP is because I only like Tactical First Person Shooters. HL2 and Doom 3 suck. >_>

razorace
04-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm just curious: what keeps you guys on to this project, with games like Doom 3 and HL2 being pursued after by modders? Why aren't you modding those games and still staying here in this pasture?

For me, it's the passion I guess. That's a strong enough motivation. Also, this community's fun to talk to, though alas it is small.
I've always been in this to make the best SW mod possible and frankly, JKA is the best platform for doing that. Attempting to make a SW mod from scratch with other games either limits the scope (guns only like Galactic Conquest) or just isn't practical with the available manpower.

Unfortunately, I've found that 90% of modders are modding for the wrong reasons, normally for fame or fortune.

Maxstate
04-10-2007, 06:14 AM
I can understand modding for fame, but fame comes by itself. I mean mention the name razorace anywhere and they're like :eek: ;d

Fortune though? Better off sticking to those game design college years and getting a job.

UDM
04-10-2007, 08:37 AM
People are too taken in by the fairy tales of how modders get noticed and recruited by large developers. Examples: Valve and id Soft

Also, people just like listening to compliments. I'm not mentioning names, but you'd notice how in some mods/games, developers can't take criticisms, and a lot of times when they show off their work, they expect people to compliment them. Yeah, modder sovereignty over player sovereignty today. Thus, choosing greener pasture to mod for (ie higher profile engines) usually becomes higher priority for these modders, imho, because they can receive more compliments with their WIPs. It's like, would you rather milk a beautiful but very old cow, or would you rather milk one that's skinny, lean, but young calf? Some decide that the old cow's been milked enough, even though they haven't finished filling their buckets. Then they dump whatever milk they had in their buckets, and move on to the calf, only to realise that they're too tired to continue milking it, and give up

Maybe that's where the "fame" is part of. I think many modders just feel that getting recognised for work, no matter how small this recognition is, will probably pull them through

Thus, hats off to indie game developers and passionate modders!

bjusterbaarlik
04-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I have done modding for other games, actually, only CoD:UO and CoD2. (http://bjusterbaarlik.googlepages.com)

However, the stories of people getting recruited by those big game developers does actually only happen once in a blue moon. Very rarely do you hear that some mod developer has been offered a job and accepted it. I have seen it happen in the CoD community once, and I did not like the mods the recruited guy made.

As for this mod, I think it is the best jedi simulation game there is. This does not really feel like a mod anymore, but more like a game, since so much has changed comparing to stock JKA. I was glad to be able to help out with the menus. :)

UDM
04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
^

My thoughts exactly bjuster

Maxstate
04-13-2007, 05:07 AM
I'm posting from school right now.

This class ends in about 30 minutes, following it up are 2 free hours and after them we have another class of pure boredom. I'm considering just going home..

UDM
04-13-2007, 05:25 AM
LMAO! Hey school's fun...I wish I could go back to school...

Schedules are always the same: lessons > break > lessons > play ball > lessons > play ball > go home, but hey it's fun...

Maxstate
04-13-2007, 05:31 AM
Yeah but seriously, 2 hours before I have class again! It's just time wasting.
Either you're outside smoking, you've gone home or you're doing whatever inside like I am, no way of doing or playing anything fun.

UDM
04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
No sports?

Maxstate
04-13-2007, 08:42 AM
It's a college in the center of a city, like they have room for a ballpark.

Besides.. all the people here are the freeking same: Beer, cigarettes, clothes, shoes and acting as dumb and as pretty as you can. Sports is something they wouldn't be caught doing with a mask on.

UDM
04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Why wouldn't they have room for a bball court, just because it's in the center of the city?

Wow wherever you are, the people there must fat asses who are more pimply faced than I am

Maxstate
04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Why wouldn't they have room for a bball court, just because it's in the center of the city?

Wow wherever you are, the people there must fat asses who are more pimply faced than I am
Meh, most of them look like sticks, there's a guy in my class weighing in at 55 kilos but that's just because these guys really don't eat anything.

mark2000
04-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Meh, most of them look like sticks, there's a guy in my class weighing in at 55 kilos but that's just because these guys really don't eat anything.

Hmmm......When hearing "No sports center" and "guys thin as sticks", the few things that come to my mind first are............

Bloggers.......O_O

Maxstate
04-14-2007, 04:45 AM
There are sports centers! It's just that these guys don't really need them.
They also deny heavily that they're nerds by going to a disco and taking snapshots of themselves ever so often which is kind of dumb if you ask me. Oh well.

A lot of these guys are still very cool even if they are practically clones :p

UDM
04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Discos and nightclubs are borefests. I mean the music's loud, smoke's everywhere, drinks are more expensive than a night of hawt secks...wow it sounds almost as fun as trying to break an olympics record for fapping the most number of times

razorace
04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Man, a mud slide costs almost $7 a glass at Applebees. :(

UDM
04-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Ouch...not included as a complimentary drink?

I've only been clubbing once, but that was enough of an experience for me. Maybe it's just me:

1) I'm hyper-sensitive to alcohol. One shot of vodka is enough to kill me, and by "kill" I mean in the literal sense. I'd just have so much trouble breathing after drinking alcohol (even beer) that I think I almost nearly went into cardiac arrest once, no joke on that. It starts off as being very high at first, then later I start suffocating and have to vomit out the alcohol

2) I'm super sensitive to cigarette smoke. It makes my throat very dry and, in the presence of heavy smoke, my eyes become watery

Sucks...even sniffing stout makes me almost want to vomit. But I guess the good thing is, it keeps all these vice stuff a good distance away from me

Maxstate
04-14-2007, 04:42 PM
From the time I went to the carnaval parade with a friend I've learned how they've arranged alcohol sales over here; basically, you go to a specific spot in the city to show your id and buy special coins for about E1.50 a piece with which you can buy alcohol in nightclubs, discos and bars.

A glass of beer is one coin, a shot of martini is three as examples.

I'm however a bit offended by you saying smoking and drinking are vices (I don't smoke or drink)? From what view or perspective are they vices?
Maybe you should choose better wording. Vices are on the same level as religious sins. I'm not going to hell for drinking a beer, nukra.

JRHockney*
04-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Man, a mud slide costs almost $7 a glass at Applebees. :(

I know, I use to work there. LOL. A total ripoff cost wise, but man those are good mudslides there. :drool1:

Maybe you should choose better wording. Vices are on the same level as religious sins. I'm not going to hell for drinking a beer, nukra.

LOL, thou art in league with thine gluttons!!!...or something like that. :p Me wants a beer now. :guiness:

razorace
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Let's not get in an argument about vices.

I'll point out that mud slides are literally the only drink that I like and I've only had a couple EVER.

Maxstate
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
:o gluttony

Nah Ace, we'se jus' discussin' this, wasn't trying to start an argument or anything but just took it a a bit as an offense.

The only alcohol I can say I 'enjoy' is:
http://www.spirituosenworld.de/produkte/likoer/details/sheridans_05_gr.jpg

and this Rossia "ice" vodka mix.

Though I'm not much of a drinker or a smoker.

I did have a pipe for a while though, and when I'm on vacation I'll sometimes light the bosnian version of one of these http://213.189.222.60/23996.JPG

Most cigarettes just taste like smoke, but these nigs really have an awkward sweet 'foresty' taste to them that I like a lot. Haven't had any since last year though.

UDM
04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
And msging me about buttsecks and all that isn't offensive in any way right ;)

I enjoy mud slides too, especially choc flavoured ones. I've drank a bottle before. Problem was, 10 minutes later it came out of the mouth instead of 2 hours later out of the anus, so...

-edit-

Uh wait, I just realised you're referring to the non-alcoholic mudslide. The one I tried before had 10% alcohol I think

Maxstate
04-14-2007, 07:25 PM
And msging me about buttsecks and all that isn't offensive in any way right ;)

~~xXxHOt & steamyxXx~~

:p

UDM
04-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Hey guys check out UFO: Alien Invasion. I've never played X-Com before, but wow if this is what X-com was like...

http://ufoai.ninex.info/

Really awesome game!

Maxstate
04-19-2007, 09:05 AM
;o

You guys need to get Freelancer.

UDM
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
LOL!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Hmmm

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Freelancer is gay and you know it right?

Maxstate
04-19-2007, 10:20 AM
It's gay ? :(

It kept me busy through middle school :(

razorace
04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey guys check out UFO: Alien Invasion. I've never played X-Com before, but wow if this is what X-com was like...

http://ufoai.ninex.info/

Really awesome game!
It sounds similar. Is it playable and is it multiplayer?

UDM
04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Max: yarrrrrrrrr :)

razorace: yup playable and multiplayable. The singleplayer mode itself is very fun too

Maxstate
04-20-2007, 04:17 AM
lolol yesterday I found out I'm supposed to wear a blouse and tie at work and that I have to tuck my clothes into my pants :p doesn't work when you look as scruffy as me but with that tie on I did look very professional :cool:

UDM
04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
lmao ok...though I've never seen you before, if I ever imagined you in a tie and formal dressing...

crap I can't type while thinking of pr0n at the same time x)

Damn it, 4 days more before I enlist into the army. I feel like throwing an emo right now. On one hand, even though I'll be confined for the first 2 weeks, I'm going into a slack vocation, so that means time for modding after my initial confinement. On the other hand, I don't want a slack vocation - I want to aim to be an officer

Craptastic...

Maxstate
04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Confinement sounds like a prison sentence :p

UDM
04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Ironically, detention refers to prison sentence :P

Maxstate
04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
UDM gets 2 weeks of solitary confinement with no pr0ns!

lol UDM would die!

Could be worse my man, just remember to keep cool and enjoy every minute of it.

UDM
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Shucks, being stuck as a clerk = phail :(

Maxstate
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Dying for your country is fun and all until you realize that you're not playing CS. There isn't a soldier out there, that after coming home or surviving a war, will still tell you that it's great or an honour to have been in it.

Other than the japanese I don't think anyone that has seen war's true face will tell you it's a good thing. My dad can vouch.

UDM
04-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Hmm...maybe...those higher-ups may tell you you're wrong though :(

Anyways, I'm off already! Cya guys!

mark2000
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Other than the japanese I don't think anyone that has seen war's true face will tell you it's a good thing. My dad can vouch

Wait. The Japanese are still patriotic? o_O

I guess I've been watching too many animes lately...

Maxstate
04-28-2007, 03:59 AM
I ofcourse can not speak for an entire people, but as I hear, if you're a captured japanese soldier and you get the opportunity to return home you will return to boos and :thumbsdown:

Tanqexe
04-28-2007, 04:09 AM
My friend's in the Marine Corps and he's shipping out to Iraq in October/November. Great guy, happy go lucky, but I wonder what he'll be like when he comes back. Even though he'll be a gunner in an APC hunting down insurgents (as opposed to marching on foot), I wonder what his experience in Basrah is going to do to him.

TheShaman
04-28-2007, 06:24 AM
I hope he comes back... Iraq is dangerous... seriously this mini-war is ludicrous, when will it end... Sadam's dead.

Maxstate
04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
lol Saddam, he really HUNG tight when he was in hiding *dun dun tish* Really STRUNG those troops a few traps *dun dun... TISH*

:p

It was never about Saddam :( and I heard that they want to leave now that they've already ****ed everything up. Awesome.

TheShaman
04-28-2007, 12:09 PM
It was about oil. Facts.

razorace
04-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok, let's talk about something other than Iraq. We're going to piss each other off.

Tanqexe
04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
On an unrelated note:

How people can be creative with math (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/tanqexe/misc/math8880.jpg)

Maxstate
04-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I consider myself too young to have a good opinion on some world leaders' choices, so I'd have to agree with Razor.

Lets talk about puppies.. I hate puppies.

JRHockney*
04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I consider myself too young to have a good opinion on some world leaders' choices, so I'd have to agree with Razor.

Lets talk about puppies.. I hate puppies.

(as Lenny from Mice and Men) I get to take care of the Puppies, dgeorge! I like da puppies. Their so soft.

Maxstate
04-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Puppies poop and piss all over your furniture and chew your shoes. They grow up as needy, cute little 'tards that just end up dissapointing you after 13~ years by dying :(

Tanqexe
04-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Depends on the kind of dog you have, I think.

But anyway...the neediness is one reason why I got a kitten instead, they don't require as much maintenance. Nekojutsu!

TheShaman
04-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Well, Neko aren't much better than Inu, on the contrary, a good Inu is obedient, a Neko just looks for profit, they seem to love you while they are happy of the food you give them, and then one day for no reason they scratch your leg and run away.

Neko wa baka.

UDM
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm back from my 2 weeks confinement in the army!!! w00t!!!

5 weeks to go before passing out from basic military training!!!

razorace
05-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Go <countryoforigin>! <armyslogan>!

UDM
05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Firearms ftw!!!

Actually I'm really starting to hate the AR15 (similar to the M16, but more annoying). Requires so much maintenance and upkeeping. On top of that, we have to hold and control our rifles in a specific manner. Rifle shooting is not fun at all. No John Wayne tactics!!! :(

Maxstate
05-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey, at least you have "737" as post count, that's slightly similar to 1337!

Amirite guys?

Guys?

:(

UDM
05-12-2007, 01:38 AM
9 more posts and it'll be a boeing 747 :P

army ftl. Boohoo can't wait to start modding again after the next 5 bloody boring weeks when I finally get my block leave...