PDA

View Full Version : Troublesome Ship needs help !!!

Quanon
04-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey , I just recently modelled a spaceship .
And know I had the crazy idea to add the ship in an area in Kotor 2 as a placeable . Outside the walkmesh ofcourse .

With lots of help of GM , we still have one "big" problem : the ship is very small , it looks like a toy in game .

GM and me tried to resize the thing in MAX again , but everytime the file is exported and made into a .mdl file the size goes back to small .

Something goes wrong , its like the files don't want to remember the new coordinates of the verteces .

If anyone has some expiernce with modelling , please give us a hint or a good solution , cause using the scaling tool doesn't help . Trust me we tried that a hundred times over .

So if there is another tool or modifier we could use to make the ship the right size , tell us .

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey , I just recently modelled a spaceship .
And know I had the crazy idea to add the ship in an area in Kotor 2 as a placeable . Outside the walkmesh ofcourse .

With lots of help of GM , we still have one "big" problem : the ship is very small , it looks like a toy in game .

GM and me tried to resize the thing in MAX again , but everytime the file is exported and made into a .mdl file the size goes back to small .

Something goes wrong , its like the files don't want to remember the new coordinates of the verteces .

If anyone has some expiernce with modelling , please give us a hint or a good solution , cause using the scaling tool doesn't help . Trust me we tried that a hundred times over .

So if there is another tool or modifier we could use to make the ship the right size , tell us .

Is this even possible? I know placeables can be placed on a map; but the problem might be because the object you are trying to place is too large. Try something like placing a custom swoop bike or something onto the map, if this works then it is most probably the size of the object you are trying to place.

stoffe
04-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Did you select your model and use the Reset Xforms/Reset transforms button in NWMax before exporting the model? This can sometimes solve scaling problems.

glovemaster
04-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, that seems to have solved it for me

Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Did you select your model and use the Reset Xforms/Reset transforms button in NWMax before exporting the model? This can sometimes solve scaling problems.

Yes, that should work, but i never realised large items could be placed on a Kotor map.

glovemaster
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Its more to do with getting them to fit. When i've added larger items in, like pillars, statues etc. Ive always made sure that i have got the size right, i never looked at all the functions of NWmax... :lol:

Quanon
04-07-2007, 06:33 PM
So it works now GM ????

Only one thing to solve now , make it solid :p .

glovemaster
04-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Actually, seen as you want it in the Nar Shadaa Docks We wont need a walkmesh because its "out of bounds". So you can see it, just not get to it. Like the other ship in the docks.

Quanon
04-08-2007, 06:33 AM
AH , right , yes . :rolleyes: héhéhé forgot about that ;)

Can you take a screenshot , I'm curious how it looks now in the docks :)