PDA

View Full Version : Gotta catch 'em all!

swphreak
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
So, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have been released, and anyone with a Nintendo DS should be picking it up. You can't own a Nintendo handheld and not play the Pokemon RPGs.

Who else picked up a copy?

If you want to trade or battle, send me a PM with your friend code, and I'll add you and send mine just post your friend codes here.

Mine: 3909 4019 6202
Moel: 1461 2692 2204
Datheus: 0902 9409 3613

IG-64
04-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't have a DS sadly. I haven't bought (or played) a pokemon game since Ruby and Sapphire. They need to make a frikken fully 3D console pokemon RPG game already. :D

Pho3nix
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I haven't played a Pokémon game since the Blue version on my GBA. :D

Those were the days.

Boba Rhett
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Pokémons? On my Intranets? :carms:

I guess I missed the Pokémon boat growing up by a few years.

Sigundr
04-26-2007, 05:39 PM
My friend's probably all over it already.

BongoBob
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I needs moneys for the pokemans :(

Rogue15
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
pokemon is for kiddies. i want morrowind or kotor ds style dammit!!!

Lynk Former
04-26-2007, 08:34 PM
The first Pokemon game I bought was Silver, then Crystal, then Yellow (my friend had Red at the time)... then I sold them cause we moved onto Ruby and Sapphire... I bought Ruby and FireRed. But it was too hard finding people to battle with though so I ended up giving it up.

But now that Diamond and Pearl are coming out, I'm gonna get back into the swing of things since it has online play. To add to that, it's gonna be so much better once Pokemon Battle Revolution comes out. I've bought myself a copy of Pokemon Emerald the other day to get myself geared up, I'll be buying Diamond or Pearl when it comes out down here on June 21st... haven't decided which one I'll get exactly...

@ R15: No it's not, it's for everyone. If you knew anything then you'd know it's a powerful, fully customisable RPG where players must work with and against each other. Pokemon is by far more technical than most turn-based RPGs out there *points*

BongoBob
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM
pokemon is for kiddies. i want morrowind or kotor ds style dammit!!!
Let me guess. You've never actually played pokemon for more than 2 seconds.

By far, one of the most fun and technical rpgs ever.

Jeff
04-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I bought Diamond the day it came out. Its great so far, I have 3 badges. Here's my friend code: 1461 2692 2204

And my name is Jeff. I think you need to enter the other players name in also when you add friends.

Lynk Former
04-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I needs moneys for the pokemans :(

:p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/lynk/pokewhaaa.jpg

I WANNA PLAY WITH MY POKEMANS TOOOOOOOO!!

Rogue15
04-26-2007, 10:53 PM
you collect the cards too? lol maybe i'm just jealous.

BongoBob
04-26-2007, 11:17 PM
No, but I used to before gold and silver came out. After the originals the Pokemon got a little too retarded, but this DS one is looking too good to pass up.

Jeff
04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
The thing that I think is going to be worst about the DS game is there are so many I'll never be able to remember all their names. In B/R and S/G, I gave all my Pokémon nicknames but I wouldn't have a clue who they were if I did that in this one.

DeadYorick
04-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't have a DS sadly. I haven't bought (or played) a pokemon game since Ruby and Sapphire. They need to make a frikken fully 3D console pokemon RPG game already. :D

Pokemon has made console games for gamecube. I think gale of darkness is a turnbased RPG. Anyway Im wondering when they are going to remake freaken crystal. Since it was my favorite of all time since I beat it 100%

BongoBob
04-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Pfft, I had all 151 (that's right, even Mew) on my Blue version back in 4th grade on the old black and white brick game boys. I had to trade for all the Red version only ones with random people at school.

Still by far one of, if not my biggest gaming achievement.

jon_hill987
04-27-2007, 04:13 AM
I have never played pokemon, ever. I was about two years too old when the cards came out so I never got into it.

I do remember Pogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs) though.

IG-64
04-27-2007, 05:06 AM
I do remember Pogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs) though.
... I haven't seen or thought of those things in countless years. I never quite knew what they were. They lie as a but distant memory of my childhood...

Lynk Former
04-27-2007, 06:45 AM
@ R15: XD I've only ever liked the videogames when it came to Pokemon. But Pokemon originally started off as just a videogame so that's all I need to focus my attention on.

@ BongoBob: Then you missed out then cause Crystal had the best of the first and second generation in it. IMO the G/S/C generation was damn good, DAMN GOOD *points* Plus to be perfectly blunt here, D/P is just the same old game, has stuff added and is optimised and has online multiplayer. The best part about D/P will be its online play and even better will be its connectivity with Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii... and of course the new Pokemon that may be really cool XD

Plus I had all 251 Pokemon on my Silver cart :p

@ Terracentral: The console versions of Pokemon games have always been spinoffs or stadium games. A PROPER RPG version has never been released. Gale of Darkness is a turn based RPG type game, but it's not the tradition Pokemon adventure that many hope for.

Rogue15
04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
i remember the craze when it started, and most of us were KIDDIES then!

BongoBob
04-27-2007, 10:23 AM
@ BongoBob: Then you missed out then cause Crystal had the best of the first and second generation in it. IMO the G/S/C generation was damn good, DAMN GOOD *points* Plus to be perfectly blunt here, D/P is just the same old game, has stuff added and is optimised and has online multiplayer. The best part about D/P will be its online play and even better will be its connectivity with Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii... and of course the new Pokemon that may be really cool XD

Plus I had all 251 Pokemon on my Silver cart :p

I played Gold, and I loved the fact that you could go back to the original region after beating the game, but I just don't have as fond memories of it that I do with my original Blue version.

Also, I caught them all when I was 9, and that's what makes it awsome. Btw, you missed one in silver, because I know there was 252 in it :p

Lynk Former
04-27-2007, 10:27 AM
@ R15: I was a teen when the craze started and I didn't actually catch onto it until I was in mid to late teens. It was only till my late teens did I fully appreciate the games and now I'm beyond my teens and in my 20s and I consider it to be one of the most important game series around. My appreciation for the game series has grown, not diminished over the years.

It's also handy to not that while the love for the Pokemon anime, card game, merchandising was a phase, it is still quite popular, though obviously not as popular as it was at one point in time.

However, and this is the best part for fans of the videogames... Since Red and Blue were released, each successive generation has sold more units than the generation before it and that trend has continued with Diamond and Pearl. While D/P has only just began selling in the US, it's already sold over a million units within 5 days and there's no sign of slowing down.

@ BongoBob: Oh yeah there is. I didn't miss one since I clearly remember my Pokedex being complete, I just miscounted :p

Black Knight of Keno
04-27-2007, 10:45 AM
"Pokemon? Pokemon? With the poke and the man and the thing with the guy walks out of the thing and he [insert mumbling and weird noises]"
[/Bill Cosby] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfULvnWVAv8)

Hehe... I remember being able to recite the complete theme songs of the TV shows. All three of them. Except for the odd poke-rap thing. Too many thing sot remember in that :p
I've also played all the GB/GBA games and beaten them, althought the collection after the plot ends was always a thing I couldn't be bothered with.

Nowadays it all seems silly.

@IG-64: Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum and XD are 3D. And all are for Nintendo consoles :p

Lynk Former
04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
XD Why would anyone play Pokemon for the plot of all things?! LOL

Black Knight of Keno
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
I just can't play a completely freeform game. I need some tasks or plot given to me to keep me interested, even if they were crappy. And I was so young back then too. What was exciting and new back then is nowadays pretty obvious plot twists. If you can even call them twists

Lynk Former
04-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Well with a freeform game, the idea is that you set your own tasks and goals instead of having them handed to you. And specifically with Pokemon, these tasks and goals can be shared between friends. I remember back in the G/S/C days, a couple of friends and I worked together. I had Silver, Crystal and Yellow, my friend had Gold and Red, and then a kid we knew had Blue and Gold, though the only time we needed him was to get his Mew and Celebi lol. My friend and I co-operated and using Pokemon Stadium 2 we organised ourselves and our Pokemon and we competed fiercely, always trying to out-do each others newly upgraded team.

And now with Diamond, Pearl and Battle Revolution... I'll be able to do that kind of thing with you good people :p

MTV2
04-27-2007, 12:01 PM
i've played up to like 5 cities already...and i don't even have a DS :P

i'm too embarrassed to go down and get a DS and a pokemon game :(

jon_hill987
04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
i'm too embarrassed to go down and get a DS and a pokemon game :(

I would never have bought a DS in the shops, order online! it is anonymous!

swphreak
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
27 replies and 1 friend code? That's disappointing.

And to everyone who has passed judgement without playing should smack themselves.

DeadYorick
04-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I dont think anyone wants to give out their friend code. I think everybody wants to pass the pokemon league so they can own people much easier. Then give their friend code. So I would give it a few weeks before the friend codes come in.

BongoBob
04-27-2007, 07:35 PM
@BongoBob: Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum and XD are 3D. And all are for Nintendo consoles :p

Eh, when did I ever say anthing about 3D pokemon >.> <.<

Black Knight of Keno
04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Eh, when did I ever say anthing about 3D pokemon >.> <.<

Whoops... Sorry. It seems it was IG who was babbling about 3D pokemon :p

MTV2
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
you know Diamond/Pearl are in 3D...only the environment though.

my team:
Luxray lvl.31
Kadabra lvl. 33
Egg (Happiny)
Geodude lvl. 7 (use it for Rock Smash)
Bronzong lvl.33
Infernape lvl. 36

Lynk Former
04-28-2007, 01:31 AM
@ StarWarsPhreak: D/P hasn't been released down here yet, but if I did have it right now I would post up my friend code :p

@ MTV2: Actually D/P isn't in 3D, the DS is actually another 2D gaming device but can produce graphics that look 3D.

swphreak
04-28-2007, 03:48 PM
you know Diamond/Pearl are in 3D...only the environment though.

my team:
Luxray lvl.31
Kadabra lvl. 33
Egg (Happiny)
Geodude lvl. 7 (use it for Rock Smash)
Bronzong lvl.33
Infernape lvl. 36

Kadabra and Geodude are the only two I know of in that list. Heck, I'm playing the game not knowing what most of the post-Gold/Silver pokemon are.

I'm thinkin' I'm going to be stubborn and try to beat the game using old school pokemon.

And yeah, the games aren't in 3D. It's just a neat little trick they put in. I think it's excellent. There's this one part where you walk over a bridge and then walk under it.

Jeff
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Phreak its the same with me. I never played R/S/E and LG/FR to know a lot of the new pokemon, but I'm getting used to the ones I've seen so far.

Right now my team looks like this:

Lv. 25 Quagsire
Lv. 31 Roselia
Lv. 33 Staravia
Lv. 34 Machoke
Lv. 36 Kadabra
Lv. 36 Infernape

I had a Lv. 35 or so Luxray but I had to replace him for quagsire so I could use surf. I'll probably be on the lookout for a different water-type, I'm not a quagsire fan.

Oh and I just got my 6th badge.

MTV2
04-28-2007, 08:18 PM
grrr.. the DS supports 3D, i just went to futureshop and it said on the back "3D"!

"Nintendo DS Lite revolutionizes the way games are played...with impressive 3D rendered graphics and ultra-bright screens,"

this is also cool:
"The game will also interface with the upcoming Pokemon Revolution Wii title where players can link their system and copy of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl so they can battle their characters in 3D on the Wii system."

Moeller, you must be playing every single minute of the day, i've just got my 2nd badge, on my way to veilstone.

Jeff
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I've played...a lot. Now I have 7 badges. XD The game is just so damn addicting.

swphreak
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm only just now at the grass-type gym. Need to level up my party.

lvl 18 Monferno
lvl 17 Staravia
lvl 17 Kadabra
lvl 16 Budew
lvl 16 Buizel
lvl 15 Meditite

I'm trying to find some pokemon strong vs grass, but I only have one fire type. Meditite and Kadabra do ok with confusion.

I also like the new lighting effects they put in. Depending on the time of day, it'll be dawn, dusk, daylight, or night time. Pretty neat.

Commander Obi-Wan
04-29-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm trying to find some pokemon strong vs grass, but I only have one fire type. Meditite and Kadabra do ok with confusion.

Any Pokemon that have attacks that are primarily based on Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, or Poison attacks should do fine against Grass-type.

Lynk Former
04-29-2007, 12:33 AM
You know what, I choose not to share any of my training techniques with any of you :p Makes it more interesting when I finally get a chance to battle you *points*

@ MTV2: Yes, what you see looks 3D, but it isn't ACTUALLY true polygon model 3D graphics like you got with the N64 and more recent consoles. Listen to me, because I know more about the DS and how it works than you do. It is not a true 3D gaming machine. It can fake it very well, but it can't do it for real like the PSP can, and yes, I say this as a fan of Nintendo.

BongoBob
04-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Well I just got Diamond today at costco for 30 bucks (score). Barely had enough time to get my pokeman and get to the Prof.'s lab. Once I get my friend code up and going I'll post it up.

MTV2
04-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Listen to me, because I know more about the DS and how it works than you do.
Obviously not.

it has 1 3D engine and 2 2D engines.

BongoBob
04-29-2007, 07:37 PM
The system's 3D hardware performs transform and lighting, texture-coordinate transformation, texture mapping, alpha blending, anti-aliasing, cel shading and z-buffering. However, it uses Point (nearest neighbor) texture filtering, leading to some titles having a blocky appearance. The system is theoretically capable of rendering 120,000 triangles per second at 60 frames per second and the pixel fill rate is 30 million pixels per second. Unlike most 3D hardware, it has a set limit on the number of triangles it can render as part of a single scene; this limit is somewhere in the region of 2048 triangles per frame at 60 FPS. This is mainly due to its use of a form of Scanline rendering which inherently restricts the number of polygons that can be drawn at a time. The 3D hardware is designed to render to a single screen at a time, so rendering 3D to both screens is difficult and can decrease performance significantly.[9]

The system has two 2D engines, one per screen. These are each quite similar to the Game Boy Advance's single 2D engine, though more powerful.

Nintendo itself claims on their website that the system can achieve superior graphics to the Nintendo 64 system. However, when it comes to 3D visuals the DS is limited more by its strict polygon budget than pixel fillrate, while the opposite is true for the Nintendo 64.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS#Hardware_specifications

Lynk Former
04-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Obviously not.

And yet it was so obvious, MPH and Phantom Hourglass among other things.

So then where did I get the idea that it was a 2D machine from?

Jeff
04-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I caught Dialga today, and it only took 1 Ultra Ball. :O Then I tried to catch Azelf, one of the legendaries that are in the lakes but it took out my whole team (level 50). I'm on my way to the city with the 8th badge.

BongoBob
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I just got my first badge and am back in Jubilife City. My team so far is mainly A lvl 16 Kadabra (kicked the gym leaders ass with him, all but one went down in one hit from hidden power), a lvl 14 Monferno (evolved form of Chimchar), a lvl 12 Starly, a lvl 12 Shinx, and I'm thinking about leveling up a psyduck I just caught. Simply because Psyducks an original gangsta :xp:

MTV2
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I caught Dialga today, and it only took 1 Ultra Ball. :O Then I tried to catch Azelf, one of the legendaries that are in the lakes but it took out my whole team (level 50). I'm on my way to the city with the 8th badge.
Have you even put the DS down yet?

Is Azelf one of them little Blue legendary pokemon?

Lynk Former
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually he's progressing pretty fine at the moment, what's slowing everyone else down? I know people who'd be challenging the Elite 4 by now.

BongoBob
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Actually he's progressing pretty fine at the moment, what's slowing everyone else down?

Something called Life perhaps?

:xp:

MTV2
04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Actually he's progressing pretty fine at the moment, what's slowing everyone else down? I know people who'd be challenging the Elite 4 by now.
i bet there are already people that have there pokedexes filled. mainly the people in Japan, or the people using the emulators ever since the english translation came out.

Lynk Former
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
You saying Moel doesn't have a life? XD

Jeff
04-30-2007, 10:14 PM
If this was a different game other than Pokemon people wouldn't be questioning whether I had a life. :p

I have all 8 badges and am going through Victory Road right now. Here's my current team:

Lv. 34 Gyarados
Lv. 38 Roselia
Lv. 42 Machoke
Lv. 44 Staraptor
Lv. 48 Infernape
Lv. 50 Dialga

Does anyone know if Machamp learns new moves? I want to evolve my Machoke and I know in the old games when you evolve by trading the resulting pokemon didn't learn any new moves. But I've already evolved my Alakazam and he tried to learn a new move today. I hate how I don't have room for Alakazam, he's like level 46 but I need the others for their HMs.

And my Gyarados is so low because I needed a good water type for surf and waterfall (previously I had Quagsire for surfing but I don't really like him so I only took him out when I had to surf) and I didn't have one. So my friend caught a Magikarp and traded it to me and now its carrying the exp share so it can catch up with my others quickly. 8 or 10 more levels and it should be good.

swphreak
04-30-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm like... still with the second gym. You must be playing some seriously hardcore pokemon, man.

Although, my SG-1 marathon is taking up most of my time, I am levelling up my party while watching.

MTV2
05-01-2007, 07:35 PM
you'll end at least a couple of level 70's for the elite four since the strongest Pokemon in the elite is like 61 or more.

Jeff
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah I'll probably need them all to be between 60 and 70. So far all my Pokemon are 50+ with the highest at 54. Its really boring battling the same trainers over and over with the vs finder and battling the same randoms in victory road but it must be done.

BongoBob
05-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Well I just got my bike, and I have my 4 main pokemon (Monferno, Kadabra, Psyduck, and Luxio) all at level 21 with my two HM/Sacrafice pokemon at level 8.

rozo100
05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
YAY! more pokemon peeps! i don't have the game any more but i had emerald. it was very addictive... my team was: (yes i still remember from like months ago...)
lvl 78 Rayquaza
lvl 77 groudon
lvl 75 kyogre
lvl 60 blaziken (or whatever the third evolve of torchick is)
lvl 40 houndoom
lvl 48..... i can't remember...

well anyways... yay!

Lynk Former
05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Which reminds me...

NOTE TO EVERYONE
I have only ONE condition when you battle me. DO NOT USE ANY LEGENDARY POKEMON. This is oldskool battle rules.

MTV2
05-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Buffed up my team:
Infernape lvl. 43
Gyarados lvl.39
LuxRay lvl. 39
Staraptor lvl. 38
Bronzong lvl. 40
Egg (Happiny [still hasn't hatched goddamnit])

im in the 6th gym just about to battle the leader. might go and get Lucario, but i don't think i want another egg that just takes up a slot.

elite four pokemon:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3412/elitefourjl6.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=elitefourjl6.jpg)

The Elite Four Champion is:
Cynthia

swphreak
05-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Which reminds me...

NOTE TO EVERYONE
I have only ONE condition when you battle me. DO NOT USE ANY LEGENDARY POKEMON. This is oldskool battle rules.

I don't even know what the legendary Pokemon are in Diamond.

Jeff
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't even know what the legendary Pokemon are in Diamond.Well theres the 2 cover Pokemon and then there are at least 3 more in the game that I have seen.

MTV2
05-04-2007, 08:51 PM
theres 14 legendaries just in D/P, only 4 you cannot get unless you go to a Nintendo Event or cheat.

Azelf is the worst pokemon ever, the only good moves it has is Uproar and Confusion.

Lynk Former
05-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Legendary Pokemon
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew

Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Grouden
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

Jeff
05-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Wow a ton of those I've never heard of from D/P and also from the gba games.

swphreak
05-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey, if I actually manage to catch a friggin' legendary Pokemon, I'm gonna use it. :p

MTV2
05-05-2007, 08:17 PM
@$&%! my game just crashed to back to the 6th gym. I was just in front of the waterfall to victory road when it crashed!! i had Dialga and Azelf too! bastards.

now im at Spear Pillar going to catch Dialga again :/

Pho3nix
05-05-2007, 09:23 PM
The new Pokémons suck. It feels like they've run out of ideas and most of all, names.

BongoBob
05-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Mine too messed up, although not to that extent. It for some reason didn't save the fact that I got the XP share or the Item finder.

Jeff
05-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Thats odd. MTV if you had the real game it probably wouldn't have crashed though. ;) But Bob its weird that it only didn't save part of the game and saved the rest.

I'm still training for the elite four...here's my lineup as of now.

Lv. 52 Machamp
Lv. 52 Dialga
Lv. 54 Staraptor
Lv. 54 Infernape
Lv. 57 Gyarados
Lv. 60 Alakazam

I got Magikarp and Abra, now Gyarados and Alakazam, in trades so they grow faster than the others.

MTV2
05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
i read if you trade pokemon, they get 50% more exp. then normal pokemon.

i was so mad i got an Arceus(strongest Pokemon in the game, only obtainable at a Nintendo event, but i cheated >.<) with a Draco Plate at lvl.56 right now just to make it easier to get back up, but i got Dialga now so it's all good, then I'm gunna get Uxie and Azelf, but Mesprit's being a b!*ch, everytime you fly, he changes spots so you have to follow him on foot. I'm just entering the 8th badge city (Sunnyshore i think)

Jeff
05-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah that sounds about right. It always says like "Gyarados received a boosted xxxx experience points" when he defeats an enemy.

JoeDoe 2.0
05-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I remember the first time I saw the Pokemon anime, I was amazed by it, I got the game, DVD's, etc. Now I like Naruto. People in Japan sure know how to get one hooked on their products. :)

Lynk Former
05-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey, if I actually manage to catch a friggin' legendary Pokemon, I'm gonna use it. :p
Use it in the game against game characters, use them to beat the elite 4 and the champion and to help you catch other legendaries.

But NEVER use legendaries in a real person to person battle. *points* The only times you can is when you tell the other person you are bringing legendaries into battle (this is done long before the match starts obviously) and they agree to it or if it's a legendary Pokemon exclusive battle. Otherwise, the rest of the time is limited to regular Pokemon.

Jeff
05-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I just beat the Elite Four and the Champion !

I wasn't really sure whether I'd be able to going in but I made the right matchups in the battles and it went well. It was pretty close in the last battle against the champion (we both had 1 left) but I prevailed. And now I am in the Hall of Fame!

MTV2
05-06-2007, 06:14 PM
well, i got back to my place, just in front of the waterfall. not looking forward to having to go through Victory Road though.

[edit] well i beat the Elite Four and went and caught Giratina in Turnback Cave and also caught Cresselia.

Pie™
05-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I just beat the elite 4.

My team:

Dialga lvl 51
Infernape lvl 50
Quagsire lvl 49
Haunter lvl 56
Luxray lvl 53
Staraptor lvl 44

edit: I also just completed the Sinnoh PokeDex by seeing all 150, and have received the National Dex.

Jeff
05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Pretty much the only thing I have left in this game is to catch 'em all. I think there might be a few legendaries left that I haven't found and then there are plenty of Pokemon left to catch. I think I have maybe 105 caught and I've seen 200+ but I can't remember exactly. Probably pretty soon I'm gonna pick up firered or leafgreen so I can work on completing the Pokedex.

Lynk Former
05-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Jeff: That's only the first phase of the game though, the second and ongoing phase is competing against other people.

Mike Windu
05-12-2007, 08:28 AM
But NEVER use legendaries in a real person to person battle. *points* The only times you can is when you tell the other person you are bringing legendaries into battle (this is done long before the match starts obviously) and they agree to it or if it's a legendary Pokemon exclusive battle. Otherwise, the rest of the time is limited to regular Pokemon.

What the... why you pullin out Tournament rules for friendly matches, Lynky? :p

Lynk Former
05-12-2007, 01:44 PM
@ Mike: I do train the legendaries, but I choose not to use them unless someone says we're gonna use legendaries in battle with each other. I'm being considerate to the other person because legendary battles usually end up being entirely dull and boring.

Jeff
05-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Speaking of Legendaries...

I was bored at my track meet today so I started to battle the elite four with my six legendaries. :p So I picked it back up and I'm fighting flint right now. My team is Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Dialga, Heatram, and Cresselia.

MTV2
05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
go catch Giratina, he's like Arceus, just evil and has huge stats.

Datheus
05-14-2007, 01:46 AM
... I've played about 10 hours. My Pokedex has about 25 entries and my team averages at about level 12.

You kids and fangled legendaries.

Though, my code is 0902 9409 3613. I'm not often on or around though. I have to find a WAP to mooch off of before I can play online.

swphreak
05-15-2007, 01:42 AM
I have yet to remember any names of any legendaries past Celebi. The rest are just absurdly named. And I finally did beat that grass type gym leader. Last I left off was on the bike road. Kinda been distracted by .hack//G.U.

Jeff
05-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Besides catching 3 or 4 more legendaries in Diamond I don't have that much left, so I bought LeafGreen and transferred 6 Pokemon over yesterday and am working on leveling them to evolve right now. I already got Bulbasaur to Venasaur, Weedle and Caterpie to fully evolve, and I'm working on Pidgeotto right now.

I hate how you can only transfer 6 every 24 hours, and you have to transfer all 6 at the same time. Because I want to transfer the 3 LeafGreen starters over before I start a real game in it but I have to wait 2 more days.

PoM
05-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Just set the DS system clock forward one day and migrate six more.

Jeff
05-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I heard if you do that, you'll have to wait an additional 24 hours because the DS isn't that dumb.