View Full Version : Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Commander Obi-Wan
04-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Yessum, this is fourth game of the Call of Duty series. Though, this time, the Call of Duty series has left behind the World War II-based and introduced a modern-type of game that is held in modern times. Thus, a new theme and new storyline for "next-gen" consoles.

Personally, I enjoyed Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. The game play was good, though it lacked in a few aspects, including no multiplayer. >_> I've also played Call of Duty 2, in multiplayer for the Xbox. I enjoyed it, while I played it. But, this new idea... I'm iffy on it, though, it is a step forward I guess you can say.

The trailer(s) for Call of Duty 4 (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4735)

04-28-2007, 07:43 PM
It is good to see some movement. Call of Duty (Original) was fantastic and Call of Duty 2 was an excellent follow up.

However, with the transition to consoles (and dropping of PC entirely) I noticed some over saturation in the game. It felt like the original Call of Duty elements were being stretched too far. I'm glad that Infinity Ward is changing eras with a more modern (and darker) twist. Hopefully this will keep the game fresh, regardless of the relatively high number after the title.

04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
It will be interesting to see how this game compares to its predecessors in terms of gameplay style.

04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
i think they should be thinking about porting CoD 3 to the PC.

but, i like how they're going for modern war. though, this might be like the Battlefield series, soon they'll go into futures weapons!

04-29-2007, 01:08 AM
They shouldn't have to port it. It should have been on it from the beginning.

Personally, I can't wait to see how well this plays out. WWII has gotten so stagnant, I'm glad they've moved away from it. It looks alot darker than previous CoD games too.

04-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I think I'm going to have to boycott it if they don't release it for PC.