PDA

View Full Version : "Frame Buffer Effects", but with the Speed Blur edited out?

Arnkell
05-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I hope this isn't too advanced for you guys. Is there any way I can retain the awesome "per pixel flares"- and "noise"-features of the Frame Buffer Effects option in K1's and TSL's video menu but without that disgusting speed blur? I just, I hate having to squint while Force-running. Whoever came up with that should be...piuunished.

Any hope?

stoffe
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Is there any way I can retain the awesome "per pixel flares"- and "noise"-features of the Frame Buffer Effects option in K1's and TSL's video menu but without that disgusting speed blur? I just, I hate having to squint while Force-running. ?

This is a visual effect that is applied by the impact script of the Speed force powers. In the k_inc_force.nss include file comment out the lines that look like...

eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_SPEED));

...and...

eLink2 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink2, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_SPEED));

...wherever they occur. Then, using this modified include file, recompile the k_sp1_generic.nss script and put the resulting NCS file in your override folder.

This should get rid of the speed blur when using the Force Speed powers.

Arnkell
05-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Commenting out, is that where you use the double-slash?

I can't find an "eLink2 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink2, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_SPEED));" in the document, only the first one, the elink1. Should I add an "elink2"-variant under the elink1-ones?

stoffe
05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Commenting out, is that where you use the double-slash?

Yes, you can comment out all text following it by using //... this makes the script compiler script what follows, essentially deleting it from the script.

In the KotOR1 k_inc_force you'll have to change comment out (or delete) line number 1757, 1783 and 1813. In KotOR2:TSL you'll have to comment out line number 2592, 2611, 3359, 3376, 3415, 3435, 5200, 5236 and 5271. You'll find the above mentioned code on those lines.

Arnkell
05-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Alright, I did the edits to the extracted "k_inc_force", saving it to desktop, then I opened "k_sp1_generic", pressed "Compile" (pointing to desktop when it asked what to compile from), then the new .ncs-file popped up on the desktop so I copied that and inserted it into "Override".

But the blur is still in the game. I don't think my ncs-compilation is taking my edited .nss file into consideration the way it should.

stoffe
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM
But the blur is still in the game. I don't think my ncs-compilation is taking my edited .nss file into consideration the way it should.

Depending on which version of the script compiler you use, put the k_inc_force.nss include file in either the override folder, the same folder as the k_sp1_generic.nss file you compile, or the same folder as the script compiler (different versions look for includes in different locations).

Arnkell
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Hahaha, I'm sorry, man. Here's what you get for not trying every avenue.

The blur-kill was working all along, but in almost all my saves the speed is already cast and in effect. So when I start running it somehow uses the script imprinted back from when I saved.

The script apparently isn't re-checked until I recast force speed under the new "administration", and now it is gone. :.)

Let that be a lesson to us all.