PDA

View Full Version : Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

Pages : [1] 2 3

jebbers
05-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Well as you may have guessed by the title this thread is about the crappy, bad, or mundane things that happened to you. Blantantly ripped off of Darth Groovys' thread!

I've just had my first car accident! By myself! The speed limit on the highway was 65mph, I getting off at an exit and had slowed the truck down to 45mph and shifted out of 4th gear into neutral. One foot one the clutch and one on the break and I guess I got onto the shoulder and hit loose gravel. I fish-tailed right and then left and then right again. I had the clutch all the way in and the brakes were almost to the floor. I had turned the opposite way of all the fish-tails and got the truck straight, but not the way I wanted to be. I hit a guard rail head-on at 45mph! My shoulder hurts real bad from the seat belt. I called my brother and told him what I had done to his truck. He wasn't too happy to hear it. The only damage to the truck was the bumper was pushed in a little, the grill was a little cracked, and the liscense plate is smashed up.

DarthAve
05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
One of my best friends is moving to Florida, like tomarrow. D:

Mace MacLeod
05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm sick as a dog, I'm working nights while trying desperately to find a good, cheap place to live by June 1, my dad's just had a stroke, my aunt died a month and a half ago, my mom's falling apart like a Chinese motorcycle and my wife and daughter are on the other side of the planet. Beat that.

Samuel Dravis
05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
That's called having a bad day, Jebbers. :p Glad you're okay though.

I had thought this thread was going to have a superhires pic of that nasty potato. Man, that is gross. :D

RoxStar
05-24-2007, 05:58 PM
the month of May ****ing blows

DarthAve
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Hmm...what else kinda sucks...

I got rejected..twice in the school year by guys I really liked. But it's all good cause I was invited to a party today!

RoxStar
05-24-2007, 10:44 PM
RoxStar said the month I was born in blows.:(

Haha...kidding. It is a pretty slow month.:p But this this year Spider-Man 3, Shrek 3 and POTC 3 open so I guess you could go see those to try to ease your pain.

Mainly it's that i've had a relative die in May for like 9 years straight. Plus May is the month of my diagnosis with diabetes.

So far, nothing yet. *crosses fingers*

Jeff
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
I'll never go to high school again.

Oh wait, wrong thread! :p I'm sure I'll look back upon my high school days and wish I could relive them in the future though. They were fun times.

BongoBob
05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
My DS broke today, and lord knows when I'll be able to afford a new one.
It still works, but one of the hinges snapped, so I have to be extremely careful with it as it's only held on the left side now : \

Jeff
05-25-2007, 12:56 AM
My DS broke today, and lord knows when I'll be able to afford a new one.
It still works, but one of the hinges snapped, so I have to be extremely careful with it as it's only held on the left side now : \Will Nintendo not fix this? I remember the lady tried to get me to buy the warranty when I bought my ds and she said the hinges break a lot but I figured if they did I could just send it to Nintendo, since I wasted my money on the warranty for my Wii when it broke and I just sent it to Nintendo.

MrWally
05-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Nothing.

My life is perfect.

:p

Hermie
05-25-2007, 04:06 AM
Title: Another crappy day

Dear LJ, this day totally sucked. My parents still doesn't understand me, and all those stupid jerks at school keeps bullying me to make up for their tiny penises. I wish they would all go and die. :'(

Listening to: My Chemical Romance - I will die alone

BongoBob
05-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Hermies, that is the best post I've seen in a while :D

Will Nintendo not fix this? I remember the lady tried to get me to buy the warranty when I bought my ds and she said the hinges break a lot but I figured if they did I could just send it to Nintendo, since I wasted my money on the warranty for my Wii when it broke and I just sent it to Nintendo.

Mine is the original DS from when they first came out. Warranty expired a while ago, or else I would be sending it in to nintendo.

JKLE_Cougar
05-25-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Star_Wars_Yoda_Stories_GBC_ScreenShot1.jpg

TiE23
05-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Hermies, that is the best post I've seen in a while :D

Mine is the original DS from when they first came out. Warranty expired a while ago, or else I would be sending it in to nintendo.
Duct tape that mother****er together, sure it'll be stuck open but hell, it'll still be playable.

Joetheeskimo
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Yoda Stories was one of the first games I ever played and probably what got me addicted to computers in general. :D

Hmm...what else kinda sucks...

I got rejected..twice in the school year by guys I really liked. But it's all good cause I was invited to a party today!

You're a girl?! Wow...I am out of the loop.

DarthAve
05-26-2007, 10:42 PM
What made you think I'm a girl? Maybe I'm just gay.

Joetheeskimo
05-26-2007, 10:47 PM

Good point.

Det. Bart Lasiter
05-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm still not sure.

Seph
05-27-2007, 12:22 AM
We live in SD so we got destroyed by rain, mine wasn't so bad but my friend Josh's house got condemed and was deemed uninhabitable so he had to move out and he only has 5 days(at the time so now it's like 1) to find a new place to live before the hotel is not paid for anymore so yea it's pretty bad here

GonkH8er
05-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Can we get some closure on this? :)

BongoBob
05-27-2007, 03:42 AM
I think I hear the Party Van comin...

TiE23
05-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Here comes the Sharpie on the skin... "Wut up /ys/? - 5/27/07"

IG-64
05-27-2007, 04:38 AM
I found out I was victim of identity theft today! D:

$180 from my checking account spent on some pay-per-view boxing match or something. Had to call up the bank and get a new card and file a claim and everything. :/

The $180 is getting refunded... along with the $20 overdraft fee.

Dagobahn Eagle
05-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Very bad thing: LucasForums gone LiveJournal [nudges Herminator:p] :(.

Datheus
05-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I have two jobs and still can't pay my rent with my own money. Oh, and I'm 25,000 dollars in the red.

Wow I hope this college thing is a good investment. Otherwise I think I've set myself up for a lustrous career in panhandling.

Rogue15
05-27-2007, 10:35 AM
no towels to be found in the apartment and i had to take a shower. so i ended up having to dry myself off with a bed sheet. the next thing i know we'll be out of toilet paper...it is running a little low.

Heavyarms
05-27-2007, 12:07 PM
no towels to be found in the apartment and i had to take a shower. so i ended up having to dry myself off with a bed sheet. the next thing i know we'll be out of toilet paper...it is running a little low.

Go buy some :P

As for my very bad things, I got one.

First, I got accused of stalking after trying to do a good thing. I was good friends with this girl, and she was having some trouble with roommates, boys, that good stuff. So being a good friend, I got her to see something in her boyfriend and she was all in love again. I found out one day she was having trouble and I thought I should go and visit her, try to make her feel better and all. I read in her away message that she was at a library, so I was going to see her when I got cold feet and decided not to, and I saw her coming so I slipped out of the way. I then emerged from where I was hiding and she was right there (duh). So, I walked her back and talked to her, and then a few days later I tried to talk to her and I was having trouble with another girl (me+women= big mess) and I wanted to talk to her, being my friend. She said no, and that she couldn't ever, so I got pissed and stopped talking to her. Then, I asked her what was going on, and she stopped talking to me. Tried to ask her boyfriend via IMs, and he told me to leave them alone and blocked me. She didn't block me but wouldn't respond, so I left her messages. I finally got a response from a third guy telling me to leave her alone and he wouldn't talk to me or tell me why. When I tried to talk to him again, he blocked me from IMing him, and I got the impression I was stalking her. She eventually did block me too.

A week or so later I wrote her an IM, telling her how I felt, and it was pretty nasty-looking. I then sent her a second, saying I'd give her another chance to talk to me, and if she was afraid of me she could bring whoever, tie my hands, just so we could talk like civil people. Never got a response.

Been 18 months. Haven't heard or seen her again. For the best I think, although I'm going to go back to the chiropractor cuz my back's hurting and her mother works there :S

TiE23
05-27-2007, 02:02 PM
me+women= big mess
That was why Rouge15 was out of towels I bet. :xp:

Anyway, sorry to hear about that. I personally would have just sent a message like this: "Oh, you think I'm stalking you huh? I just realized I was acting like a stalker but my behavior wasn't obsessive and was in good intentions because I just wanted to help you out like I did before. Blah blah blah..."

Tyrion
05-27-2007, 02:16 PM
That was why Rouge15 was out of towels I bet. :xp:

Anyway, sorry to hear about that. I personally would have just sent a message like this: "Oh, you think I'm stalking you huh? I just realized I was acting like a stalker but my behavior wasn't obsessive and was in good intentions because I just wanted to help you out like I did before. Blah blah blah..."

I would've just sent her the lyrics to Every Breath You Take, but that's because I'm a bastard at heart.

RoxStar
05-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I found out I was victim of identity theft today! D:

$180 from my checking account spent on some pay-per-view boxing match or something. Had to call up the bank and get a new card and file a claim and everything. :/

The $180 is getting refunded... along with the $20 overdraft fee.

At least they refunded your money!

I would've just sent her the lyrics to Every Breath You Take, but that's because I'm a bastard at heart.

Hook up a recording and loop it outside her door :D

DarthAve
05-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Can we get some closure on this? :)
Well, I am a fan of broadway....

I'm a girl. For real. I wear a lot of skirts, I don't really like dirt and stuff, I freaked out when there was a mouse in my room 2 years ago, and I cry every time I see the end of the episode of futurama when Fry find Seymour, his old dog.

That episode is a very bad thing, so sad. D:

BongoBob
05-27-2007, 03:13 PM

Mother-f***ing BRILLIANT!

coupes.
05-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I caught two robbers in my house last week... :/

DarthAve
05-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Please tell me you chased them out with a lightsaber.

Because that would be so awesome.

Robber-~stealstealsteal~
Coupes-~turns on lightsaber~ AAAAAA!!!
Robber-Oh sh*t!! ~runs~

Tyrion
05-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Please tell me you chased them out with a lightsaber.

Because that would be so awesome.

Robber-~stealstealsteal~
Coupes-~turns on lightsaber~ AAAAAA!!!
Robber-Oh sh*t!! ~runs~

Somehow, I imagine the Robber's line would be less "oh ****" and more "bang".

You could try and deflect the bullet I guess, but unfortunately plastic tends to disintegrates materials not nearly as well as pure energy.

Det. Bart Lasiter
05-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Ave is on the drugs.

ZBomber
05-27-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm dropping acid next weekend.

Wait, thats a GOOD thing...

MrWally
05-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Very good thing: My Brother got a great deal from his professor a few months back for a new car.

Very bad thing: The car broke down weeks later, and was completely unusable.

Very good thing: He then won first place in a film festival for his piece "Crown of the Forest" which covered some of the money lost in the car.

Very good thing: My brother bought a new Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro. Cost? $1500.

Very bad thing: He had it stolen a week after he got it.

Very good thing: His script was then chosen for the BIOLA University School film next year. Prize money? $1500. New laptop anyone?

Very VERY good thing: Then he learned his insurance covered the theft of his lappy almost completely. :D

Joetheeskimo
05-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow...your brother has a crazy life.

jebbers
05-27-2007, 10:46 PM

My brother caught one in his girlfriends car. In our drive way. Twice. In one Night. They are idiots. Cops caught them because the were just down the road. One cop car came from the left side of the street and one from the right. Boxed them right in. Apparently they have been hitting unlocked cars in my neighborhood. They ran-sacked my sisters truck a couple days before this. They made off with over $1,500 worth of CDs and whatever else was in her change cups. My brothers girlfriends stuff got returned because they hadn't stashed their loots yet. So she lucked out. They had around $500 worth of CDs and change. Thats apparently all they were after, CDs and loose change.

Tyrion
05-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm dropping acid next weekend.

Wait, thats a GOOD thing...

It's only a good thing until the Vietcong Easter Bunnies come to you and want to take away your head so they can form it into a communist egg that will hatch the Anti-Capitalist. You'll realize, probably in psychedelic technocolor, that your friends are also in the communist plot and the only way for you and the free world to survive is through a great purge that involves a machete and bubble gum.

There will be rivers of blood, and it will be on the 10 o'clock news.

(No drugs influenced the creation of this post, sadly. I'm just messed up.)

ZBomber
05-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I am gonna be the coolest person under the influence of LSD. Ever.

Ok, besides Syd Barrett.

MrWally
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I am gonna be the coolest person under the influence of LSD. Ever.

Ok, besides Syd Barrett.

I want to tell you a story
About a little man
If I can.
A gnome named Grimble Grumble.
And little gnomes stay in their homes.
Eating, sleeping, drinking their wine.

[/Syd Barrett impersonation]

DarthAve
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Ave is on the drugs.
Pfft, I'm high on life! I don't need drugs that send me to an early grave and cause me to make bad decisions. Drugs are bad, okay?

The Seeker
05-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Pfft, I'm high on life! I don't need drugs that send me to an early grave and cause me to make bad decisions. Drugs are bad, okay?
http://www-atdp.berkeley.edu/Studentpages/nselby/t_204_mkaymackey.jpg
m'kay. :D

Tyrion
05-28-2007, 01:18 AM

Pfft, life kills. Ever hear of anyone that did not get so addicted to life that they eventually died from it? Exactly, because that mother****er kills!

Drugs like ecstasy and heroin just let you quit that addiction cold turkey.

TiE23
05-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Drugs like ecstasy and heroin just let you quit that addiction cold turkey.Hah, you haven't seen my ex-heroine addicted uncle. Sure, he's off of it, but he's visibly f-cked up... and living with my grandma, he's ****ing 45! (I sense sarcasm, but I'm rolling with it anyway.)

Anyway, my philosophy on stuff like drugs is that if I did any of that stuff I'd see myself as a complete retard. I mean, I think that if I did anything that could harm me purposefully (whether a little or a lot) would be the largest mistake f-ck-up I could ever do.

If I do any drugs or anything. It'd probably be cigarettes. I don't know why; but I have a feeling I might just want those some day, yeah- hypocritical of me, but it's a sad exception. Also, I'm going to laugh my ass off if anyone tells me about lung cancer then says it's fine to do LSD and a little ecstasy in the same breath.

So I'm on Ave's side, just not as cheesy a way, though. I'm already ****ed-up enough in normal ways, last thing I need is an expensive and illegal addiction. :\

Pho3nix
05-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Don't be so naive.

When 900 years you reach, high on life you won't be. Smoking-yoda

CLONECOMMANDER501
05-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Bah, my comp is now a piece of crud now. My microphone broke, and I supposedly have a virus, my computer lags and makes electrical sounds, so I'm afraid it's going to break. Again. I used to be a straight A student, but my grades are starting to slip to B+'s. Even though it still means I'm on the honor roll, I get made fun-of by kids who get worser grades. I am smart, but I find it harder to learn and concentrate. Oh- and another bad thing- I have a feeling my dad is spying on me, he is always getting out of his office [He's a CPA, he works at home.] 10 times a day to walk up and down the steps. He will sometimes open the door, give me a stare, and close it. WEIRD! Oh yeah- I had to quit my mod for Empire at War, Attack of the Clones, the staff kept making fun off me and fooled around with my account.

Tyrion
05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
(I sense sarcasm, but I'm rolling with it anyway.)

There was enough sarcasm in that post that if it was cocaine it could satisfy Keith Richards for like, a day.

The only drug I'd try is marijuana, and that's only if it becomes legal. It's apparently extremely hard to get addictive to, is almost harmless to your body, and can be grown in the back yard. I just wouldn't want to spend 20 years in prison for trying it.

ZBomber
05-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Unless you're a huge drug dealer, you're not gonna get even CLOSE to 20 years for possesion of marijuana. Any sensible ammount in possesion is just a misdemeanor... trust me, I should know.

BongoBob
05-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Personal experience?

And how the f*** did this turn from very bad things to a drug discussion >.> <.<

GonkH8er
05-28-2007, 07:28 PM
*sucks his nicotine lozenge*

:(

jebbers
05-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I wondered the same thing Bongo. Well I took a hockey ball to the pills. >.<

RoxStar
05-28-2007, 10:04 PM
trust me, I should know.

That is a very bad thing.

Anthony
05-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Bad thing: My hours have been cut to 8 hours a week for my job. Thats around 60 bucks a week. It sucks. and I hate management. They cut back everyones hours

Bad thing: I tore my left bicep at the gym and its quite painful

Bad thing: I have little to no money left. I spend it all over the weekends.

Bad thing: Its getting way too damn hot out

Good thing: At least its not freezing cold

Good thing: My lovely habit of inhaling some various substance that contains a rather fascinating chemical known as THC has more or less come to an end. What can I say, the novelty wore off. I'd also like to mention that half the things you're told it does to you are infact, bull****. Not that i'm advertising for the stuff. It has slightly made my lungs worse for weather but i'm not too worried about it since i'm pretty active/healthy/in shape anyway. Now for my obligatory anti-drug message: Drugs are bad. thank you.

Bad thing: One of my best friends might possibly have a brain tumor which significantly shortens the length of his life. I really hope he doesn't.

Bad thing: My computers are fairly way out of date but i dont really care that much since i havent played a game in at least a month maybe.

Good thing: I spend lots of time outside.

Bad thing: I dont go to my math class anymore. Theres no real point.

Good thing: Since i dont go to my math class i just go to the gym earlier.

Yeah. thats about it. I think.

RoxStar
05-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Bad thing: My hours have been cut to 8 hours a week for my job. Thats around 60 bucks a week. It sucks. and I hate management. They cut back everyones hours

Do you only get like 1.50 an hour USD? Or do you work way less than 40 hours per week?

ZBomber
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Personal experience?

And how the f*** did this turn from very bad things to a drug discussion >.> <.<

I tend to relate everything to my drug abuse.

Anthony
05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Do you only get like 1.50 an hour USD? Or do you work way less than 40 hours per week?

errr...8 hours of work total per week. which is $7.50 CAN an hour.

Tyrion
05-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Just get a job elsewhere, but then again you live in a town where its greatest asset is that it's named after the capital of England. The only other job you could probably get is through duck hunting or Starbucks. They have a Starbucks there, right? I mean, there's a Starbucks in every town in the world, right?

Soon, Starbucks will overrun the earth and it will be glorious. We'll bathe in Starbucks pools filled with lattes eating Starbucks sandwiches and sipping Starbucks coffee waiting for the eventually heat death of the universe, no doubt afterwards wanting a cold Starbucks frappuccino.

In other words, you should probably get a job elsewhere.

TiE23
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I have a feeling my dad is spying on me, he is always getting out of his office [He's a CPA, he works at home.] 10 times a day to walk up and down the steps. He will sometimes open the door, give me a stare, and close it. WEIRD!
Well, either think of anything that you've done lately that could be considered bad. Does he know about it?

Or, maybe he just read an article on internet porn or something. In that case rename and hide everything, delete your history, and uhhh... I dunno...

$7.50 CAD = $7.00 USD

I make $8.03 and hour, so I win. :V

--
Also, Ant. Since it seems like you've lost interest in anything technical, got any ideas for a career? Not much longer until college you know...

IG-64
05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
My monitor died. Can't user my computer 'till I get another one (I'm on my sister's comp right now.)

Tyrion: There's a Starbucks in the Forbidden City.

Acrylic
05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, I am a fan of broadway....

I'm a girl. For real. I wear a lot of skirts, I don't really like dirt and stuff, I freaked out when there was a mouse in my room 2 years ago, and I cry every time I see the end of the episode of futurama when Fry find Seymour, his old dog.

That episode is a very bad thing, so sad. D:

I'm a guy, and I almost cried when I first saw that!

(But then again, I was a couple years younger than I am now...hah)

jebbers
05-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I make $8.03 and hour, so I win. :V

$14.40...and the highest is $24.

I win

MrWally
05-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I make $0 per hour. Because I do volunteer work.

I lose

Bad thing.

RoxStar
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
My monitor died. Can't user my computer 'till I get another one (I'm on my sister's comp right now.)

Jeez. I read that initially as "my mother died" and I began to weep.

ET Warrior
05-29-2007, 04:28 PM
$14.40...and the highest is $24.

I win
$20 an hour, 40 hours a week, in an air-conditioned building and I get my Graduate School tuition paid for.

:dozey:

tyrone333
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
5$ bucks and hour pfft rubish should get 50$ an hour.

Anthony
05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Also, Ant. Since it seems like you've lost interest in anything technical, got any ideas for a career? Not much longer until college you know...

I havent really lost interest, I've just become interested in other stuff too.
and pft I'm taking a year off working between high school and any post secondary education. money + no rush + year "off" + time to think about what the hell i want to do = good thing.

also, update! Good thing: may get a job on a home construction site for about 12 bucks an hour. and most of those hours include taking breaks, eating, and ..generally digging a hole in the ground. Sounds good to me.

DarthAve
05-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, I was having a lot of freckin trouble getting my avatar up. But now, I officially love Chainz cause he got it for me. xD

Commander Obi-Wan
05-29-2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah, I know you how you are/were feeling. I worked at a library for about a year. Starting wage was $7.63 an hour and then after eight months of work, I "earn" a $0.35 raise, then I resigned a few months later because I need a job that pays more and I get more hours. :dozey:

Currently, I am unemployed. :(

CLONECOMMANDER501
05-29-2007, 07:22 PM
"Or, maybe he just read an article on internet *** or something. In that case rename and hide everything, delete your history, and uhhh... I dunno..."

Nah, he's just annoying like that. Maybe he's becoming a bit wacky, considering he's 50 and still visits his mother who still works and makes a lot of money for a 76 year old.

He does it to my mother too, I think that he doesn't realize what he is doing.

At Obi-Wan:

Did you use to have a 300 Leonidas Avatar?

BongoBob
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, my friend withdrew from school today because he's moving to North F***ing Carolina, and to top it all off, I failed my drivers test today. Not only that, the next appointment available was July 13. I can still do a walk-in, but it's gonna be a real pain the the ass.

Yay me -_-

Heavyarms
05-31-2007, 03:02 PM
watch that curb!

ZBomber
05-31-2007, 03:59 PM
I failed my drivers test today

HAHA Me too dude!

I was doin real good actually until I pulled over and was told to back up... I did it but I was too far away from the curb (wasnt that far, but apparently enough to not pass)

Dont care. Just sucks that its gonna cost me 20 more dollars to take it again...

Det. Bart Lasiter
05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Heh. I had to drive up the street and do a 3-point turn then go back to the RMV.

MrWally
05-31-2007, 04:05 PM
I passed my in class driving test very well, but I was one point away from getting the Co-op, so I have to take it again at the DMV when I get my license.

Pho3nix
05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Well. I'm sick. I think I got food poisoning from taco meat. I don't know which way it's coming out but it's coming out.

Taco Bell eh? :xp:

Commander Obi-Wan
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Damn. I haven't even gotten my "learner's" driving license. :p

MrWally
05-31-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't know which way it's coming out but it's coming out.

Are you saying... you can't tell the difference between your mouth and your anus?

BongoBob
05-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Are you saying... you can't tell the difference between your mouth and your anus?

For chase I believe they're one and the same :p

Seph
06-01-2007, 01:52 AM
I coughed up blood all over my windshield in front of a girl I like because of the sweet mixture of asthma and black mold.

Samnmax221
06-01-2007, 02:30 AM
I blew off my Values in Lit essay final for 2 weeks, now I have to have it done in 8 hours.

jon_hill987
06-01-2007, 05:10 AM

You have clearly never had food poisoning that bad before then.

I believe he means that he has to sit on the toilet with a bucket in front of his face.

Joetheeskimo
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I coughed up blood all over my windshield in front of a girl I like because of the sweet mixture of asthma and black mold.

Gah?! I have asthma myself, but I had no idea an asthmatic reaction could be that severe...

jebbers
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Damn. I haven't even gotten my "learner's" driving license. :p

Don't feel bad. I didn't get mine until I was 19. And even then I didn't take the Road Test until I was 20. Failed 3 times.

TiE23
06-02-2007, 01:46 AM
One of my better friends is going into the Navy and is leaving in just a week or two. It really sucks because I've only been friends with him for around 6 or 8 months now and he's basically disappearing for a few years, so there's pretty much no chance for reuniting. But there is something interesting that happened... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2321748#post2321748)

jon_hill987
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
My car was broken in to the other day, the lock is completely wrecked and the door around it is damaged. Looks like they were trying to steal it as one of the screws is missing from the cover on the steering column. Nothing is missing and the car was still there (not that they would have got far even if they had managed to hotwire it as it has an immobiliser), so it is not as bad as it could be.

The one question I must ask however is this; Who the f[lip] wants to go for a joyride in a 1.0 Suzuki Alto? It isn't exactly the most exciting car to drive.

Alegis
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Limited progress on studying.
Hayfever gets the best of me. Going outside is a no-no (which I don't do anyways, but now it has become a physical limit)
Some of my scatterplots and other stat. models weren't saved on another machine, which requires me to return (and go outside, grmbl).

MTV2
06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
no their not, the government just wants you to think that they are bad.

did you know that Marijuana cures cancer?

ZBomber
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Absolutely false. Marijuana is used by some cancer patients to help with the pain, it doesnt CURE cancer....

BongoBob
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
What he said ^

RoxStar
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM

Most illegal drugs actually accelerate cancer growth, steroids included.

Anthony
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I blew out my left knee (i'm fairly certain i'm cursed with a perma-****ed left knee for life) biking in deep sand yesterday. Didn't fall (wet sand tends to be soft anyway) but the actual movement and force of pedelling/balancing at that very moment caused it to just give away. causing extreme pain, swearing and now a tensor bandage and a clicking knee.

BongoBob
06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I blew out my left knee (i'm fairly certain i'm cursed with a perma-****ed left knee for life) biking in deep sand yesterday. Didn't fall (wet sand tends to be soft anyway) but the actual movement and force of pedelling/balancing at that very moment caused it to just give away. causing extreme pain, swearing and now a tensor bandage and a clicking knee.

Holy s*** Ant, that sucks! I assume you went to a hospital/doctor. Did they say you'd have a perma-f***ed knee for life or is that just what you feel?

Anthony
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Holy s*** Ant, that sucks! I assume you went to a hospital/doctor. Did they say you'd have a perma-f***ed knee for life or is that just what you feel?

I fractured/did something to it years ago and it never quite properly healed. I went to physio for it about 4 years after the fact, which mostly got rid of the grinding the knee did. The doctor said that it'd be fixable/correctable if i fixed it then, but now I think its coming back, or at least yesterday made something worse because now i just hurts in general, mostly right where it feels to be the tendons, which sucks.

Also my left knee hasnt had feeling at skin level for years. Its numb. Which is slightly worrying.

The accident that caused all that (6 years ago now? maybe 7) doesnt sound all that bad, and shouldnt have been, except my knee hit the ground first with all my body weight on it, and mostly took all the fleshy part off. :X

ZBomber
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I fractured/did something to it years ago and it never quite properly healed. I went to physio for it about 4 years after the fact, which mostly got rid of the grinding the knee did. The doctor said that it'd be fixable/correctable if i fixed it then, but now I think its coming back, or at least yesterday made something worse because now i just hurts in general, mostly right where it feels to be the tendons, which sucks.

Also my left knee hasnt had feeling at skin level for years. Its numb. Which is slightly worrying.

The accident that caused all that (6 years ago now? maybe 7) doesnt sound all that bad, and shouldnt have been, except my knee hit the ground first with all my body weight on it, and mostly took all the fleshy part off. :X

Chicks dig fleshly-missing scars. Just remember that.

Tyrion
06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Chicks dig fleshly-missing scars. Just remember that.

Chicks also dig amputees. That doesn't mean you're going to go out and immediately cut off your legs, right?

Right?

Right.

ZBomber
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
That doesn't mean you're going to go out and immediately cut off your legs, right?

Right?

Right.

I wouldnt be so sure 'bout that...

Anthony
06-05-2007, 11:37 PM
On any given day i love showing off my knee scars to chicks. always works.

"i got this one from falling"
"and this one too"
"this one is from sharp rocks, i'm so hardcore"

...yea

MTV2
06-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Absolutely false. Marijuana is used by some cancer patients to help with the pain, it doesnt CURE cancer....
i know it helps glaucoma patients with pain. but it also helps in the prevention of prostate or colon cancer, i forget. THC can selectively kill brain tumor cells.

"THC slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent."
after that was found, the government banished the study and cut fundings to it.

i probably shouldn't be saying this.

ET Warrior
06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
This is not the "Does marijuana save lives" thread. If you truly want to discuss it in detail there is always the Senate Chambers.

Boba Rhett
06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I got a little poison oak on my face and arm. :(

ZBomber
06-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Thats what you get for trying to get it on with plants, jerk :(

Commander Obi-Wan
06-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I have braces now. It hurts like a bitch and I can't eat since it hurts everytime I put pressure on my teeth. :(

jon_hill987
06-07-2007, 03:50 AM
I have braces now. It hurts like a bitch and I can't eat since it hurts everytime I put pressure on my teeth. :(

soup is the solution.

Pho3nix
06-07-2007, 07:55 AM

That sucks man. I had braces for three years, on the upper and lower teeth.

Hurts like hell in the beginning and every month I had to go and tighten them, which also hurt.

And soup isn't really a solution, when I tried to eat soup right after I got em' even that hurt my teeth. :p

MTV2
06-07-2007, 12:11 PM
soup is the solution.
when i had soup with braces, one of the braces fell out for some reason. and the hardest thing it had in it was soaked bread.

RoxStar
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
when i had soup with braces, one of the braces fell out for some reason. and the hardest thing it had in it was soaked bread.

Sometimes the brackets can break without eating anything. My orthodontist's assistant put one of mine too far up on one tooth and I bit down on it.

ZBomber
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Extremely bad thing... I may have to go to summer school.

BongoBob
06-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Oooooo, my condolences.

Commander Obi-Wan
06-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Extremely bad thing... I may have to go to summer school.

Awww ... ****. For what reasons?

ZBomber
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I slacked off in geometry the whole year, then last quarter I actually tried but it was too little too late.

I just took my final exam today... i'll find out monday if its high enough to pass, but I dont think it will be.

Joetheeskimo
06-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I hate geometry...I'm trying and I'm still getting C's.

ZBomber
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
It pissed me off cause towards the end I was trying really hard... and I mean I'd study for HOURS. Even when I did that I still got 70s. And I studied for this exam for 4 days, yestersay I studided from 4-11 PM... and I still failed it.... ug

Det. Bart Lasiter
06-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Obviously you need to improve your cramming ability then.

ZBomber
06-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Obviously you need to improve your cramming ability then.

Cramming has nothing to do with it. I just dont think math clicks in my head.. its not something you can just study. You have to be able to actually understand it, and I guess I just cant.

EDIT - Why did I ever even take Geometry as an honors class?!

Tyrion
06-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Cramming has nothing to do with it. I just dont think math clicks in my head.. its not something you can just study. You have to be able to actually understand it, and I guess I just cant.

EDIT - Why did I ever even take Geometry as an honors class?!

What problems do you have in Geometry? I'm not terribly great at math, and even though I rarely do my homework and pay attention in class I get B's on tests in my Geometry honors class.

ZBomber
06-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm a lot better at algebra and stuff. I dunno. Something just doesnt click in geometry with me. I didnt even finish the test... If I got everything right for the problems I did complete, I got 110/170 points...

milo
06-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Geometry was a breeze for me. :/

sohcahtoa and all that good stuff.

BongoBob
06-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I remembered Geometry til my final exam...then it all went right out of my head. Then I got a little cheat sheet to refresh my memory on all the important stuff before my math proficiency exam, and then once more, it all went right back out.

That sucks Z. Just out of curiosity, what grade are you in?

ZBomber
06-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Sophmore, will be a junior in 2 more days.. .hopefully...

TiE23
06-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Geometry was a breeze for me. :/

sohcahtoa and all that good stuff.
SOH CAH TOA is Trig, durr.

Tyrion
06-09-2007, 03:02 PM
SOH CAH TOA is Trig, durr.

Nah, I learned that this year in Geometry. We dealt a bit with sin - cosign - tangent stuff.

MrWally
06-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I took geometry in 8th grade. Which means...

I didn't have a final :D

ZBomber
06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I understand sine, cosine, and tangent fine. That parts easy for me cause its algebraic.. its the other stuff I have trouble with.

RoxStar
06-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Nah, I learned that this year in Geometry. We dealt a bit with sin - cosign - tangent stuff.

Geometry and Trigonometry are similar.

ZBomber
06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I took trigonemtry too at the beginning of the year... geometry covers the basics which prepares you for more complex stuff involving it when you get to trig.

DarthAve
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I took geometry in 8th grade. Which means...

I didn't have a final :D
You don't take finals for your classes in 8th grade??

fortunato bastardo!

BongoBob
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow Z, I always thought you were older.

Does your school offer credit retrieval courses? That's what I did when I f***ed up my freshman year and failed english, I took an afterschool class on tuesdays and thursdays for like 9 weeks, and it was free :)

Anthony
06-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Trig is possibly one of the worst, yet easiest math units i've had this year.

MrWally
06-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Geometry was fine because it was an 8th grade (middle school) class and I had no reason to take it seriously. And we had an easy teacher so most people passed. I took Honors Algebra 2 and Trig as one class freshman year and that was a breeze due to the best math teacher I've ever had. And this year I took honors precalc/math analysis. It was pretty good, I got As the first two quarters but screwed up on the final :( so all year I've had a solid B average.

ZBomber
06-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Just an update (as if anyone cared)

I did fail for the year... but instead of ruining my summer I just decided to take geometry and alg 2/trig next year instead.

Pho3nix
06-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I did fail for the year... but instead of ruining my summer I just decided to take geometry and alg 2/trig next year instead.

Good choice.

BongoBob
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Just an update (as if anyone cared)

That sucks Z, but I agree that that's a pretty smart choice. And I think we all care. Well, except Tyrion. He doesn't care about you, he just wants you for your body :p

Tyrion
06-13-2007, 01:52 AM
That sucks Z, but I agree that that's a pretty smart choice. And I think we all care. Well, except Tyrion. He doesn't care about you, he just wants you for your body :p

It's not my fault he's a rock and roll superstar. :xp:

(Okay, he can neither play rock and roll nor sing adequately, to my knowledge. He has the image at least, and that's really all that matters in the business.)

ZBomber
06-13-2007, 09:51 AM
It's not my fault he's a rock and roll superstar. :xp:

(Okay, he can neither play rock and roll nor sing adequately, to my knowledge. He has the image at least, and that's really all that matters in the business.)

All you need is love, baby! :D

Thanks everyone :)

TiE23
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Well, trig started at like, 3.8 at the beginning of the year for me and kept sliding down to the 3.4 range. I was totally unprepared for my final and failed it with a 65% (I thought I new how to do simple stuff like finding the lengths and sizes of angles and sides, but couldn't, really frustrating) and it dropped to like a 3.0 : (

So I finished this year with a like... 3.0 average because I sucked at history for some reason despite being the only person to pay attention in it.... I screwed-up on three tests in a row half way through the year but aced everything after that and never really recovered.

So like...

(From memory- don't quote me on this)

Chemistry: 3.1 (Stoichiometry sucks!)
Trigonometry: 3.0 (Bombed the final)
World Religions: 2.8 (Religion in school? OMG!)
3D Modeling: 4.0 (Hah, aced dat sh*t)
Ethnic Literature: 3.1 (Can't really explain why I didn't do that well in this class)
History: 2.9 (I really should have gotten a 3.4 in that class at least)

Anthony
06-15-2007, 05:29 PM
The bad news: I went off a jump while biking, landed fine but the back tire went flying up(presumably hit a rock) as i was braking. Over the handlebars about 6 feet away from the bike. New scratch and bruise on arm, new bruise on leg.

The good news: THAT WAS SO FREAKING FUN. I actually lay there afterwards for about 5 minutes laughing my ass off.

TiE23
06-22-2007, 03:39 AM
- Saw my best friend for the last time in a few months, that kinda sucks.

- Other than going to Magic Mountain on my birthday, I've been pretty much ignored, I don't know why but it felt like going to a party on your birthday, and it's not your party...

- I dropped my Zen Vision M twice in 10 minutes after getting back to my grand-parent's house. First on a brick walk-way and then from the computer table onto a hard floor. Luckily it was off the first time and landed on the indifferent back side of it, only leaving a scrape or two.

- My brother's Vision M locked-up on him, we didn't bring the USB dongle for it so we couldn't try updating the firmware or anything. Hopefully it isn't a hardware failure, but we won't know until we get back in like 3 days.

- My stupid grand parents still use IE6, so I was forced to install FF but will probably have to install it because my grandpa gets paranoid if I even touch it like I'm going to break it even though I know an infinite amount more about computers than him... at least my bro was nice enough to install Google Earth on it the day we got here, so that helps pass the time.

TiE23
08-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Hurr. I bought Wipeout Pure for the PSP used for $8, problem was the UMD case was freaking falling apart (it was seriously abused) - So I did the logical thing and super-glued the ****er shut. Play it and put it away. Open the case again 2 days later and it's covered in dried super glue vapor. Total loss. My brother thought it was funny because I just opened a case, said "Oh ****! It's ****ed up!" and promptly threw it in the trash.

jebbers
08-18-2007, 05:15 PM
My cousin had an aneurism. She died. She was 49.

BongoBob
08-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh s*** Jebbers I'm so sorry, my condolences :(

MrWally
08-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Anything specifically that we should pray for?

jebbers
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
No not really just her family and 5 grandchildren. Our reservation lost a major influence to the youth and community. She was a very influential person. She made me want to learn more about who I am and where I came from.

Boba Rhett
08-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Very sorry to hear the news, Jebbers. :( You and your loved ones will be in my thoughts.

Commander Obi-Wan
08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Damn, jebs. I send my condolences.

As for myself, tomorrow we have put our cat to sleep that we have had for about 7 years. We adopted him as an adult, but recently, he has become very sick and he hasn't purred recently at all. So, we decided it would be best if we put him down.

BongoBob
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Damn, jebs. I send my condolences.

As for myself, tomorrow we have put our cat to sleep that we have had for about 7 years. We adopted him as an adult, but recently, he has become very sick and he hasn't purred recently at all. So, we decided it would be best if we put him down.

Damn man, I'm soo sorry. I know how that feels, and it really sucks. My condolences man :(

TiE23
09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Okay, after going to "GameCrazy" 4 times in the week to see if Skate had come in finally. The game finally comes out and I go to the store... and no games. They only had enough for the pre-orders which I believe is a really stupid idea. So now I'm stuck because I didn't decide to pre-order it until it was too late to do so. So after playing the demo for over 20 hours (possibly) I'm going to have to wait for 2 or 3 days at least until the ****ers get more games. I'm pretty much forced to get it there because I traded in $100 in games for store credit- with nothing to spend it on until they get more in stock.

So I'm really pissed. On top of that I have to ****ing work at my lame ass job instead of going on the "Senior Cruise" - a big party for the seniors. And even the mention of quiting my job to my parents will result in a massive argument that results in my being told I'm a lazy bastard and am just bitching.

Boba Rhett
09-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Quit your bitching, you lazy lazy bastard.

see what I did there

Oh, and to contribute, I got a flat tire.

Anthony
09-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I quit my job. Thats a good thing, but now I make no money.

It was **** pay anyway.

Commander Obi-Wan
09-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I still don't have a job. It sucks. I'm broke.

Det. Bart Lasiter
09-15-2007, 01:21 PM
^
http://cgi.cheezwhizwarriors.com/vb/crap/whoreout.jpg

BongoBob
09-15-2007, 03:02 PM
WOOHOO JOBLESS PEOPLES!

Aww, I made myself feel bad ;_;

Mike Windu
09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I have to deal with the aftermath of a "night out" today, and I have 20 5 inch x 4 inch paintings to finish by Monday... XD

lulzcollegelyfe

BongoBob
09-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Well, I just found out that because my Xbox Live account was created while I was under 18, my account is still considered a "child account," meaning I can't use the messenger on the 360 until Microsoft fixes this error.

What a bunch of bull****. I get screwed for being honest about my age.

TiE23
09-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, I just found out that because my Xbox Live account was created while I was under 18, my account is still considered a "child account," meaning I can't use the messenger on the 360 until Microsoft fixes this error.

Customer service? They may be able to fix it. But anyway, messenger service isn't that fun anyway. It's a bitch to type and it times out all the time.

jebbers
09-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I got back my 360 in the mail. Plugged it all in. Reset the settings back to how they were. Plug in the steering wheel and put in Test Drive Unlimited. I get into a race and play for only 10 minutes. Then the screen goes blank and the sounds get stuck in a loop. I figure its because of the new wheel. So my brother tries Bioshock. Same thing. Do the dance with Microsoft customer service and they sent out a carboard coffin for it. And now it's back to the waiting game.

Only got to play games for 10 minutes on the day it came back.

MrWally
09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I got back my 360 in the mail. Plugged it all in. Reset the settings back to how they were. Plug in the steering wheel and put in Test Drive Unlimited. I get into a race and play for only 10 minutes. Then the screen goes blank and the sounds get stuck in a loop. I figure its because of the new wheel. So my brother tries Bioshock. Same thing. Do the dance with Microsoft customer service and they sent out a carboard coffin for it. And now it's back to the waiting game.

Only got to play games for 10 minutes on the day it came back.

Microsoft = Satan.

BongoBob
09-16-2007, 12:12 AM
That really sucks Jebbers.

I've also realized my controller likes to frequently lose it's connection when playing Xbox 1 games. Hasn't done it to me so far in any 360 game though. And it's not the batteries, as I've tried 3 different brand new pairs, and they all do the same thing.

RoxStar
09-16-2007, 12:26 PM
That really sucks Jebbers.

I've also realized my controller likes to frequently lose it's connection when playing Xbox 1 games. Hasn't done it to me so far in any 360 game though. And it's not the batteries, as I've tried 3 different brand new pairs, and they all do the same thing.

It doesn't do that for me. But I have the older non HDMI version.

TiE23
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, Bongo, do you have the HDMI version?

And yeah, no problems with my controller, but I think I had a problem like that one time. But then again, I just played Halo 2 for 3 hours yesterday and no problems.

BongoBob
09-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Well it was doing it to me last night in Gears Of War also, so it's not just xbox 1 games. So I turned it off and unplugged it all night and hopefully that will do something.

milo
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM

Why the hell would you be honest about your age for something like that? I just always say I'm 21. :P

Anyway i got these:

http://www.quickspice.com/scstore/images/candy-whiterabbit_lg.jpg

edit: Oh for ****'s sake, wrong thread.

BongoBob
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Lawls.

In other news, I fixed my controller problem. After letting it sit for the whole night unplugged, I plugged it back in and fired up gears of war. As soon as it loaded up, controller disconnected. Pissed as hell, I reconnected it, and realized that on my 360 (which at the time was vertical), the ring of light lit up in the 2nd player quadrant, instead of the first player quadrant. So I took gears out, and then tipped the 360 ever so slightly to the right, and it went back into the right position. I stopped tipping it, and it went back into the second player quadrant. So I turned it off, put the 360 flat, and havn't had a problem since.

TiE23
09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Lawls.

In other news, I fixed my controller problem. After letting it sit for the whole night unplugged, I plugged it back in and fired up gears of war. As soon as it loaded up, controller disconnected. Pissed as hell, I reconnected it, and realized that on my 360 (which at the time was vertical), the ring of light lit up in the 2nd player quadrant, instead of the first player quadrant. So I took gears out, and then tipped the 360 ever so slightly to the right, and it went back into the right position. I stopped tipping it, and it went back into the second player quadrant. So I turned it off, put the 360 flat, and havn't had a problem since.
You want to be here (http://www.lucasforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2368269) for good news.

So yeah, another disappointment. Since when did "Eternal Sonata out on 9/16" translate to "Eternal Sonata shipping on 9/16, probably won't see it in stores for at least until tomorrow" ? God dammit, Grooves better have an explanation. So I've got shafted for two of my games. And I was looking forward all day at school to getting it. Well, at least I got to play Lumines II on my PSP all last period and talk about super bouncing in Halo 2 and how violent Manhunt is.

BongoBob
09-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I love superbouncing. Not in ranked matches, of course, but just for fun. Well, in ranked matches, only if they do it first, then I will superbounce and assassinate them, and that's extremely satisfying.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Red Ring of Death. :(

Yeah. It just happen a little while ago. I was going to play some NHL 08. And I can get into the game and set up all the settings and once I get into playing the actual game, the game froze and then the horrific "red ring of death" appeared.

Last night, I was playing NHL 08, and it was having the same problems, but the ring didn't happen.

I have tried the restart it and the display screen pops up on (where you go to choose to play the arcade, xbox live, etc.) and then it freezes.

I'm gonna have to see what I can do. I'll have to talk to Customer Service.

Jeff
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Suck.

BongoBob
10-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Until you get around to sending it off, try the towel trick (www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWs4-wD15w).

Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
@BongoBob - nifty, but I'll pass.

I have called Xbox and have gotten all the **** I need to get. Now, I get to play the waiting game.

No Mass Effect until next month. :(

TiE23
10-26-2007, 10:25 PM
^^^

It may work, and it won't void your warranty, you may as well just try, it can't hurt.

BongoBob
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Especially if Mass Effect comes out before you can even send it off.

TiE23
10-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I lost the GH2 tournament and didn't win anything. There were only 12 people including myself. But there were two great prizes and the game was messed up. They used the elimination bracket setup, where two people would face off against each other. I made it to the second round by sadly I went against the best player in the contest, and I was the second best. So that means that the best player and some other not-as-good-as-me guy would get second. The more I think about it the tournament was flawed, it should have been attrition, like this:

Everyone plays a song on medium and their scores get written down, even if you lost in split screen you could still continue. From there they would choose 6 of 12 to continue to the next round. Play a different song on hard. Take the top 3 of 6 and have the play another last song on expert. The top two would then win...

And the prizes were freaking great for such a small contest! A used Xbox360 with two wireless controllers and GH3 for 360 (no guitar)!!

****ing flawed game.

The kid I lost to probably could do Jordan. He got 100% on The Trooper on Medium, when I admit I missed a few notes on. The song I lost on was "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'?" on Hard. I got 170k and he got 195k. And I just got home and played it again, I got 215k on my first try. I was nervous. :\

Commander Obi-Wan
10-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Especially if Mass Effect comes out before you can even send it off.

I'll have the box to send to my 360 by next week. They said it should take 3-4 weeks for them to send me back my "new" console. So, once it November 20th comes around hopefully I'll have it buy then. Then, I'll be able to pick up Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4, when I get Mass Effect. And I'll be 17 by then, so if it goes well, I'll be a very man.

I guess now that I'm 360-less, I can play my Wii. Time to play Metroid Prime 3.

MTV2
10-29-2007, 07:51 PM
why does the X360 even have the 3 red rings? it's like they knew it was going to break down and put it on there so that you know when they appeared, that X360 really sucks and that you need to waste time sending it in and stuff. on the other hand, the PS3 has no red rings of death or the like.

don't be mad, i j/k. i am expecting to get a 360 soon to play loads of Halo3 and other goodness

TiE23
10-29-2007, 10:26 PM
^^^ Yeah, I was ready to internet stomp-you-the-****-out.

And I'm not kidding, I would, lawl.

Anyway, my HDTV still isn't here after a week now. Expedited shipping, instant payment, and only LA to Seattle and it still isn't here. Hell, the ass hat never even sent me a shipping confirmation (he's a career re-seller, so I'm not thinking fraud). I'm starting to get really pissed off because I'm working my ass off every day at school and at work since Thursday to clear my day for some HD lovin', and I get home and every day it's the same: no TV.

BongoBob
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
why does the X360 even have the 3 red rings? it's like they knew it was going to break down and put it on there so that you know when they appeared, that X360 really sucks and that you need to waste time sending it in and stuff. on the other hand, the PS3 has no red rings of death or the like.

don't be mad, i j/k. i am expecting to get a 360 soon to play loads of Halo3 and other goodness

It doesn't have the 3 red rings. It also doesn't have, you know, fun.

MTV2
10-30-2007, 10:31 PM
It doesn't have the 3 red rings. It also doesn't have, you know, fun.

:carms:

TiE23
10-31-2007, 02:35 AM
Guess what. The ****er with my TV hadn't even sent it yet. And by the looks of things decided to send it today but realized the TVs were ****ty, with a bunch of dead pixels. So he offered to sell me a new TV. A Sylvania 20" LCD TV. A P.O.S. TV with 4:3 screen ratio and no HD. And my ****ing TV costs $400 new, and he tried to give me a $300 TV at the same price. So I calmly told him to give me a god damn refund and 10 minutes later ordered the same TV on some other site.

So I ordered it last Monday. Expected it that Friday. Waited until next Tuesday, and have been told, 8 days later, that he doesn't have any good TVs and wants to downgrade me to a PIECE OF **** LCD 480p TV YOU CAN GET ON SALE AT WALMART FOR $250! I just hope that mother****er gives me my refund soon because I probably have less than $200 in my bank account now.

I've been bragging to my friends, "I got a HDTV, it's small, but it's real HD!" - "It should arrive tomorrow. Definitely." - "I got an awesome deal, so great!" Now I'm back to square one and won't be seeing it till at least Monday. Two weeks later. MOTHER ****ER.

MrWally
10-31-2007, 07:07 AM
Guess what. The ****er with my TV hadn't even sent it yet. And by the looks of things decided to send it today but realized the TVs were ****ty, with a bunch of dead pixels. So he offered to sell me a new TV. A Sylvania 20" LCD TV. A P.O.S. TV with 4:3 screen ratio and no HD. And my ****ing TV costs $400 new, and he tried to give me a $300 TV at the same price. So I calmly told him to give me a god damn refund and 10 minutes later ordered the same TV on some other site.

So I ordered it last Monday. Expected it that Friday. Waited until next Tuesday, and have been told, 8 days later, that he doesn't have any good TVs and wants to downgrade me to a PIECE OF **** LCD 480p TV YOU CAN GET ON SALE AT WALMART FOR $250! I just hope that mother****er gives me my refund soon because I probably have less than $200 in my bank account now.

I've been bragging to my friends, "I got a HDTV, it's small, but it's real HD!" - "It should arrive tomorrow. Definitely." - "I got an awesome deal, so great!" Now I'm back to square one and won't be seeing it till at least Monday. Two weeks later. MOTHER ****ER.

Yeah.... I use a 19 inch CRT with some discoloring in the bottom right and left corner of the screen and our family tv is a 31 inch block that my parents bought on sale at Aldi... I mean.... I guess it works but...

TiE23
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/32173387.jpg≠http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/b38ab10d.jpg
That's what he tried to do to me.

jebbers
10-31-2007, 06:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/jebadiah/smashed_thumb.jpg

Smashed the ba-jibbles out of my thumb. Hammer ricocheted off the nail head and struck my thumb. Hurt and bled like crazy.

Just another day at work.

TiE23
10-31-2007, 06:06 PM
*Resets "Accident Free for __ Days" sign back to zero* T_T

Slightly better thing... My second TV has been shipped (http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&InquiryNumber1=1Z66Y9Y40356985823)already. But it's on the other side of the country, so it'll take around a week, blarg.

I haven't gotten my refund back yet, but it may happen later, hopefully.

TiE23
11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
I think my 500gb HD just fried, it won't turn on at all in different power outlets.

All my photos, all my music, all my videos, all my programs, all my document files, all gone. Around 400gb of files completely gone.

Samuel Dravis
11-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Try seeing if anyone around you offers data recovery services if you really need stuff off of it. Might cost you a bit of cash though.

TiE23
11-13-2007, 12:48 AM
IT'S ALIVE!

The wallwart (the power block thingie) was dead, I tried a different External HDD power supply, they both had the same voltage and it turned on, I'm so relieved. That would have ruined my month. The thing had a 1 year warranty and was just about 3 months days old to the day (I kept the box and receipt, as I do with almost all of my big purchases).

I'm going to back-up my photos and stuff ASAP when I get back running again.

Phew....

Det. Bart Lasiter
11-13-2007, 12:59 AM
TiE I don't think I'll ever be able to trust you again...

TiE23
11-13-2007, 01:13 AM
I'd rather be wrong and a liar than be right and a loser.

Tyrion
11-13-2007, 01:33 AM
I'd rather be wrong and a liar than be right and a loser.

But liars eventually have their underpants burst into a pyre of roaring fire.

Yeah, you're a real winner there.

Det. Bart Lasiter
11-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Yeah. I hope your HD gets caught in the blaze.

TiE23
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I used a hack-saw and took apart the wall-wart. Apart I plugged it in and it works now... what the ****? So after some tinkering, the thing breaks again. I look closely at the circuit board and find that a pin was bent over and touching something. After giving myself some low level shocks to my hand... twice. I taped the mother shut and it should work now... until my house catches on fire, because I don't think this thing is really UL Listed anymore.

Jeff
11-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Well I've been having some pretty huge computer problems over the past week or so. It started out when Windows displayed an error before it booted "windows/system32/config/system is missing or corrupted.." blah blah. So after the repair process did no good I backed up all my files and reinstalled Windows. This worked for about a day and then I got a similar error that a .dll file was missing or corrupted.

Oh and in the process of installing Windows grub was erased so I can't get at Ubuntu either. I know I can reintall grub but I'll wait until I get Windows installed. So I have a 250gb hard drive on the way from newegg (only $65) but it won't be here till around Thursday. I've been booting off a live cd the past few days.

At least my problems hopefully will be solved by installing windows on this new hard drive but this all has been a real pain.

BongoBob
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Why don't you fix grub now? I mean, you'll have to fix it again when you reinstall windows, but it's better than using a live cd.

Tutorial (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224351) if you don't know how/remember how to do it.

Commander Obi-Wan
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
No Xbox 360 yet. And that also means no Call of Duty 4 yet either.

Anthony
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
So I only my new CPU, GPU and Power supply came in the order on time.

Which means i have to wait for the HDDs and RAM and motherboard.

F***

MrWally
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
So I have a 250gb hard drive on the way from newegg (only $65) but it won't be here till around Thursday. I've been booting off a live cd the past few days.

As much as I love Newegg, I love living 10 minutes away from TigerDirect and 15 minutes away from Fry's even more :-D

I had a similar problem about a month ago and once I realized my only solution would be to get a new hard drive, I just ran over to TD and picked up a 250 GB SATA II drive for 70 bucks. And my problem was solved.

TiE23
11-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Here's my fix.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/DSLR/Collections/PB136748.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/DSLR/Collections/PB136749.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/DSLR/Collections/PB136750.jpg

Tyrion
12-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I slaughtered those weak and weezing,
Over many a quaint and curious matches of bloody gore,
While I fragged, owning noobs, suddenly there came a freezing,
As of some one gently crapping, crapping into my xbox's core.
`'Tis some RROD,' I muttered, `crapping into my xbox's core -
Only this, and nothing more.'

RoxStar
12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I slaughtered those weak and weezing,
Over many a quaint and curious matches of bloody gore,
While I fragged, owning noobs, suddenly there came a freezing,
As of some one gently crapping, crapping into my xbox's core.
`'Tis some RROD,' I muttered, `crapping into my xbox's core -
Only this, and nothing more.'

;;

Suckkksss

Good poetry though.

MrWally
12-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I see Poe has met his match.

Tyrion
12-09-2007, 02:14 PM
The point is, my 360 broke. I wanted to express my sadness in the second most depressing form in existence, after My Chemical Romance songs.

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Quoth the Red Ring, "Nevermore."

RoxStar
12-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Quoth the Red Ring, "lolz send me off in a box"

fixed?

Anthony
12-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I went and did something bad to my shoulder again at the gym so now it makes a horrid dull cracking noise every time i move my arm in a circular motion.

which means i get to go to physio. sweet

Det. Bart Lasiter
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
fixed?Maybe. Depends if they send you back the same 360.

Seph
12-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Worst day ever (http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Nov27/0,4670,SmallPlaneCrash,00.html) I knew 3 of the 4 people, I didn't get to meet Corey while she was here with Chester.

Tyrion
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Man, that's horrible.

Commander Obi-Wan
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I still have to wait for my Xbox. I sent it a week ago. Now, I probably won't get it until January.

Totally sucks that your 360 broke too, Ty.

Seph
01-04-2008, 12:28 AM
This happened a while ago but I have been without Internets but I was giving a friend a ride after school and we went down a road that has an alternate exit and a car who didn't see me cause another car was in his way and he went and I tboned him going thirty miles an hour was knocked out for a sec got out noticed it was one of my friends, and that if I didn't stomp on the brake he wouldve died. Then like 6 hours later the adrenaline wore off and I felt extreme pain in my ribs, knee and mouth. My ribs were bruised so bad I had some red spots on the bruise my knee was not completely in place and my front two teeth were loose, but a month later the only thing still bugging me is my ribs.

tk102
01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
^^
@Seph, I'm glad you're okay. That brought back bad memories of the time I t-boned a Suburban in a Cutlass Supreme at 45mph. It was a 65 year old guy and his mom. They barrel rolled once but thankfully stayed out of on-coming traffic. She was taken in an ambulance as a precaution but I heard she was okay. My car crumpled all the way up to the windshield (which only got a small crack) and I was fine. Thank god I was wearing my seatbelt.

Again, I'm glad to hear the wounds in your encounter are relatively minor and that your friend is okay too. Hope you feel better soon. Take care man and drive safe.

BongoBob
01-04-2008, 05:00 AM
They barrel rolled once but thankfully stayed out of on-coming traffic.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/Beefarino44/barrelroll.jpg

>.> <.<

Rogue15
01-06-2008, 10:21 PM
went and bought the 3 month sub card for xbox live, cause my sub ran out today, so i go to use it and it goes to update profile and well it's unavailable at this time. so no i can't play xbox 360 games unless i wanna start a new offline game, and i'm like **** that, i don't work tomorrow so i am gonna keep inputting my gamertag and email until it works. i got 1 liter left of my code red to keep me, once that is gone, it's game time whether the xbox is working or not, someone is gonna get hurt. (probably me)

fixed the problem:

disconnect ethernet cable going from xbox to router and plug it directly to the cable modem. worked almost instantaneously. i feel all geeky now cause i fixed it without having to contact xbox's 1800 number. :joy:

BongoBob
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Alright, so in a fit of sheer nothing else to do I decided to get back into Halo 3 ranked matches. I got from rank 33 in lone wolves to 42. And then ran headfirst into a brick f***ing wall. It took about 2 and a half hours to get from 33 to 42, and then the next 2 hours were filled with nothing but sheer balls to the wall bulls***tery. In the myriads of matches that occured within those 2 hours, I didn't place better than third at all. Some were even 4th or 5th place.

God. F***ing. Damnit.

Heavyarms
01-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Okay, so tonight I just was having a bad night and I was playing with my swiss army knife. Then I tried to close the end after I had two attachments open, and one of them was a knife. The knife closed on my finger. Needless to say, it bled quite a bit, but I don't need stitches thankfully. Big, clunky bandage on my index finger though.

jebbers
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
This happened a while ago but I have been without Internets but I was giving a friend a ride after school and we went down a road that has an alternate exit and a car who didn't see me cause another car was in his way and he went and I tboned him going thirty miles an hour was knocked out for a sec got out noticed it was one of my friends, and that if I didn't stomp on the brake he wouldve died. Then like 6 hours later the adrenaline wore off and I felt extreme pain in my ribs, knee and mouth. My ribs were bruised so bad I had some red spots on the bruise my knee was not completely in place and my front two teeth were loose, but a month later the only thing still bugging me is my ribs.

I hit 2 cars yesterday at 40mph at around 3:45pm. T-boned a SUV and hit an old Monte Carlo headon. I was in my sister's Ford Focus. I crumpled the front up. My head hit the airbag and my hands hit the dashboard. My knuckles are bruised up and it hurts to type right now. Left clavical is bruised from the seatbelt, my forehead is cut up a little bit, and my rubs are killing me. It hurts to breathe and talk. I got checked out at the hospital and they said nothing is broken. I still have a pounding headache from yesterday.

It's a crummy picture from my cellphone but this is whats left if it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/jebadiah/shellys_car01.jpg

Seph
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I hit 2 cars yesterday at 40mph at around 3:45pm. T-boned a SUV and hit an old Monte Carlo headon. I was in my sister's Ford Focus. I crumpled the front up. My head hit the airbag and my hands hit the dashboard. My knuckles are bruised up and it hurts to type right now. Left clavical is bruised from the seatbelt, my forehead is cut up a little bit, and my rubs are killing me. It hurts to breathe and talk. I got checked out at the hospital and they said nothing is broken. I still have a pounding headache from yesterday.
That's how my ribs felt, mine are still swollen, glad to hear no major problems with your health tho

jebbers
02-08-2008, 07:56 PM
That's how my ribs felt, mine are still swollen, glad to hear no major problems with your health tho

Yea the same with you Seph. Terrible business car crashes are. My brother told his girlfriend about it and she told her mom. Well her mom miss heard her and thought I died in the crash. She had flowers sent to my mom and brother. My immediate family was at the hospital waiting for me to get there.

MrWally
02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, that's horrible :(

Did you have insurance covering the accident, at least?

jebbers
02-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Yea she has insurance on it. She paid it the day before I smashed it up.

Commander Obi-Wan
02-09-2008, 04:06 AM
****, jebs. That sucks man.

I think I might have to send in my ****in' 360 in again since I can't even get the dashboard.

Man, I really want to play Turok.

BongoBob
02-09-2008, 12:10 PM
What is it doing now?

Commander Obi-Wan
02-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Well, it was giving me a red light in the bottom right corner, which means there is an error of some sort, but it's not the red ring. But, I got it to work, so it's fine for the moment being.

BongoBob
02-11-2008, 05:44 AM
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Maybe that can help you out a bit?

Commander Obi-Wan
02-12-2008, 11:36 PM
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Maybe that can help you out a bit?

Oh, thanks.

Apparently, I had a voltage error. :o

Boba Rhett
03-18-2008, 03:08 AM
Holy cow, Jebs, I hope you're feeling better.

I broke a tooth a few months back. I didn't think much of it at the time and just figured that I'd have it fixed the next time I went to the dentist.

Unbeknownst to me was that when I broke the tooth it cut my gum badly. I'm cruising along a few months later, feeling relatively fine when I start to get some pretty bad mouth pain so first thing that Monday morning I call the dentist and schedule an appointment for as soon as he could get me in - two weeks later. No big deal. I figured I could just take some pain killers and hold out a couple weeks.

If my life was game show, here's where you would be hearing the, "YOU LOSE", sad horn sound.

By that Friday I was taking over 1000mg of pain killers every three hours and could still barely stand. I can only liken the sensations running through my body at that point to being strung up by my big toes and beaten with wooden dowels wielded by small Mexican children running in circles around my withered body; hoping that if they hit me just right, I would crack open and surrender unto them my sweet sweet sugar candies.

Saturday morning I somehow managed to drive six hours to Iowa for an emergency doctors visit. Yes, I had to drive myself because my brother and his wife wanted to go out on Friday. Thanks guys. When I get there I finally get some epic amounts of penicillin into me and I'm reigned back in from the brink of outer darkness. As it turns out, I had gotten a bacterial flesh infection through my gum that had spread all the way down to the tops of my legs. As added bonuses, the stress on my system had caused my adrenals to completely shut down, I had developed a mild addiction to prescription pain killers and, oh yes, as it turns out I'm also allergic to penicillin so I was able to enjoy a zesty bout of hives through the recovery process. :thumbsup:

This was about a month ago and I've since pretty much recovered completely. :rhett:

Kain
03-20-2008, 02:54 AM
Oooh. Well, me and 19 other people rented a limo for St Patty's. Its going all well and good until we get to a night club called Pub St George. A: Its as crowded as Hell after the Crusades and B: I can't find anyone once we get inside. That is, of course, until our friend (a girl, mind you) comes up to us crying. Apparently, her bro-in-law stepped on someone's shoe, apologized, and got beaten for it. She turned into that drunken dumb girl that hops into the fray with people twice her size and gets hit in the face. Me, I'm hammered. Making it worse: I have whiskey running through my veins. The fight is on. The only problem is that the police have been rolling around, not that that stops me from screaming at the guy. That is until someone from our group grabs me by the throat and drags me away. Then I get into his face and the next thing I remember is being dragged back to the limo by 10 people. So now, my throat is still sore. But aside from that, people think I'm now a really stand-up guy. So thats good.

Anthony
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Holy cow, Jebs, I hope you're feeling better.

I broke a tooth a few months back. I didn't think much of it at the time and just figured that I'd have it fixed the next time I went to the dentist.

Unbeknownst to me was that when I broke the tooth it cut my gum badly. I'm cruising along a few months later, feeling relatively fine when I start to get some pretty bad mouth pain so first thing that Monday morning I call the dentist and schedule an appointment for as soon as he could get me in - two weeks later. No big deal. I figured I could just take some pain killers and hold out a couple weeks.

If my life was game show, here's where you would be hearing the, "YOU LOSE", sad horn sound.

By that Friday I was taking over 1000mg of pain killers every three hours and could still barely stand. I can only liken the sensations running through my body at that point to being strung up by my big toes and beaten with wooden dowels wielded by small Mexican children running in circles around my withered body; hoping that if they hit me just right, I would crack open and surrender unto them my sweet sweet sugar candies.

Saturday morning I somehow managed to drive six hours to Iowa for an emergency doctors visit. Yes, I had to drive myself because my brother and his wife wanted to go out on Friday. Thanks guys. When I get there I finally get some epic amounts of penicillin into me and I'm reigned back in from the brink of outer darkness. As it turns out, I had gotten a bacterial flesh infection through my gum that had spread all the way down to the tops of my legs. As added bonuses, the stress on my system had caused my adrenals to completely shut down, I had developed a mild addiction to prescription pain killers and, oh yes, as it turns out I'm also allergic to penicillin so I was able to enjoy a zesty bout of hives through the recovery process. :thumbsup:

This was about a month ago and I've since pretty much recovered completely. :rhett:

Holy S***

Talk about epic bad luck

jebbers
03-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Oh my god, I just heard that a high school buddy of mine passed away this weekend. His son found him and couldn't wake him up. Christ, he was only 20 and his kid found him. I can't believe this...The obituary (http://www.niagara-gazette.com/archivesearch/local_story_089171333.html)

tyrone333
03-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear that jebbers

I broke my leg now i'm in plaster for 9 weeks saw a docter today says it should heal

Note:Broke it while my freind stopped his bike on the path headfirst into the bike and rolled around knocked out.

BongoBob
03-31-2008, 02:50 AM
Oh my god Jebbers that's awful :(

MrWally
09-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Bump.

My grandfather is dying. Him and the rest of my Mother's family live about 5~6 hours away in Southern Indiana. We're leaving now. It's going to be a rough week/weekend. . . .

Please, I ask for all your prayers if that's your sort of thing as we deal with this. We have a very large family. My mother is one of eleven children, so it gets to be a very emotional time when something like this happens.

Wish us for the best.

I'll try to get online while I'm gone to keep you all updated.

leXX
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Wally, I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers through this sad time. :(

Tyrion
09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Jesus, that sucks.

BongoBob
09-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Holy crap Wally :(

I know I'm probably not your first choice but if you need someone to talk to I'm always down for skypin it up.

Your whole family's in my thoughts.

MrWally
09-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the concern, everyone.

We got here and got to see him. It was very reminscent of when my grandmother passed away. He is totally unresponsive and hasn't moved for over 30 hours. His breathing is really labored and sporadically he'll go about 20 seconds without taking a breath.

Everyone else in the room holds their breath, too.

The doctors gave him 24 hours to live at some point yesterday afternoon, but they said the same about my grandmother and she held on for over a week, so we will see what happens.

Thankfully it's just old age. He's 94. He's never been sick a day in his life. He had no medical records until he was 92. He had never even been in a hospital. He was the epitomy of perfect health and fitness, so I guess it's just his time, you know?

My family is taking it kind of hard, though.

And totally, Bongo. I don't know if my aunt's wireless is fast enough for Skype. This is southern Indiana, after all. But we'll see.

M@RS
09-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm a Christian, and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers... :)

MrWally
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Never thought I'd say this, but...

I appreciate it M@rs. Really, I do.

But, while I'm at it, I should point out that not just Christians pray. Nor was my request religion/faith-specific.

M@RS
09-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Anytime ;) I know that not all Christians pray but I wanted people know what I believe in...:D

Lady Jedi
09-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Anytime ;) I know that not all Christians pray but I wanted people know what I believe in...:D

Too bad nobody cares. :thumbsup:

Wally, I hope that your family is able to find comfort in this hard time. It sounds like your grandfather has had a wonderful life, and there's no easy way to lose someone like him. I wish you all peace and comfort. :)

IG-64
09-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm a Christian, and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers... :)
I'm a Christian, and it annoyed me that you pinned "I'm a Christian" at the front of that.

But yeah, Wally, I'm glad to hear he's lived such a long, healthy life so far. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MrWally
09-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks everyone! More of my relatives arrived last night and it was pretty crazy... So many people were crowded in his small room, but everyone was so quiet, and when they did talk it was pointless chatter... you could tell that everyone was tense and worried. Then everyone left for dinner and my father and I stayed to watch over my grandfather. Nothing has changed. He's been in the same position and breathing the same way as he has been for the past three days. At one point his eyelids fluttered and his jaw moved, and it almost looked like he was about to open his eyes and wake up, but then he went back to normal. Nothing changed, so

oh my god.

My mother JUST called.... he just passed away.... Well.... I guess that's that... we'll probably be having the funeral sometime this weekend. Right now I'm at my aunt's house watching over my nieces. They don't like the nursing home so much, so I wasn't there when he died. Apparently my older aunts aren't taking it so well...

Well, I guess I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the prayers and the concern, everyone.

M@RS
09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that... :(

BongoBob
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
My condolences to your family wally.

At least he went peacefully. Your grandfather sounds alot like mine. He's...hmmmm...I want to say 84? One of the most stubborn old men I know. Death will have to take him fighting.

EDIT: I'm assuming he went peacefully at least, but what I mean is it wasn't some horrible disease like cancer that took him, just old age.

MrWally
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, he went very peacefully. My grandfather was the epitome of health and fitness. When he was 92 he fell and hurt his back and was taken to the hospital. It was a really big family ordeal and all of his children went to visit him when they brought him in. When the doctor asked for his medical records everyone laughed. He was 92 and had never been sick, never been to a hospital, and had absolutely NO medical records. None. It would have taken an army to bring this guy down.

Yeah, he was very comfortable when he died. He looked so peaceful.

leXX
09-25-2008, 03:11 PM
My sincere condolences Wally. :(

IG-64
09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Sounds like he was a cool guy and lived a full life. That probably had something to do with being part of what sounds like such a close and loving family. I give my condolences to you all.

DarthAve
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I haven't gotten a decent amount of sleep in like, a month. I was extremely looking foreward to next Friday and Saturday, because I can stay home and finally get the sleep I need...

Well, not anymore, cause I need to get up at my usual time on Saturday morning to go mascot. I swear, I'm done.

Also, I don't know if any of you know my dream of being a high school drama teacher? Well, that dream was dashed today, because for no apparent reason, the drama teacher at my school hates me. :/ And when I went to my best friend about it, she took his side and insulted me in the process... I wasn't over reacting, either. How does someone walk "Feriously, yet gracefully, yet panther like, yet not girly?" Impossible. Especially when behind the mascot is a girl... He even said if I did bad, he'd "kick my ass"

ET Warrior
09-25-2008, 05:33 PM
How does someone walk "Feriously, yet gracefully, yet panther like, yet not girly?"
http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/images/smilies/mchammer.gif

You're welcome.