PDA

View Full Version : What is in a name? Sojourn or Valiant?

Maphisto86
05-31-2007, 06:27 AM
I was playing TSL today and I was at the TSF headquarters on Citadel station. I asked the protocol droid at the desk there why the Sojourn, the Republic vessel coming there with Carth Onasi, was delayed. The droid replied calling the ship the Valiant. :eyeraise: WTF? :xp: Has anyone else caught this blooper !? I wonder what the actual name of the ship is. Im betting Sojourn but whatever. Maybe the droid needed maitenance? :rolleyes:

What do you think?

MasterWaffle
05-31-2007, 11:52 PM
I noticed that when playing this weekend. TSL is... unfinished. My guess is they changed the name during production.

SilentScope001
05-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Can't a ship have two seperate names at the same time? :)

adamqd
06-01-2007, 05:42 AM
The Sojourn is the listed name, where as the name Valiant was given to 2 or 3 Imperial ships, They also refer to the Sojourn as a cruiser and later as a frigate, which are different classes of ship. I think it's just a lack of ATD.

Obi-Wan Baloney
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I was playing TSL today and I was at the TSF headquarters on Citadel station. I asked the protocol droid at the desk there why the Sojourn, the Republic vessel coming there with Carth Onasi, was delayed. The droid replied calling the ship the Valiant. :eyeraise: WTF? :xp: Has anyone else caught this blooper !? I wonder what the actual name of the ship is. Im betting Sojourn but whatever. Maybe the droid needed maitenance? :rolleyes:

What do you think?

I don't remember ever having this conversation how do you have it?

CLONECOMMANDER501
06-03-2007, 10:09 PM
I have to check this out- I never remember this.

Ctrl Alt Del
06-03-2007, 10:27 PM
^I posted this last year at LAofficial site. I've always wondered about it too.

PoiuyWired
06-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, think the dev made a mistake. But yeah knowing the real name of the ship would be nice.

PS MasterWaffle: For some reason the angle of your avatar is kinda, well, looks like she is on the cellphone from that angle. :)

John Galt
06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Can't a ship have two seperate names at the same time? :)

That'd be bad luck :)

looks like another example of TSL's lack of "polish."