PDA

View Full Version : What will be the big twist/secret?

Xirion
06-05-2007, 02:33 AM
They have said that TFU will change the way we look at the series, and theres a big secret?

Whats your guess?

Mine:
Vaders Apprentice is Vaders Brother :P

Diego Varen
06-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Mine:

If there is a big twist/secret, something tells me it won't be that.

Xirion
06-05-2007, 02:47 AM
maybe not cant say i didnt try and if it is i got dibs to have claimed it beofre it even happens!@

RC-1162
06-05-2007, 03:52 AM

Anakin was an only child. And Owen Lars (half-brother) had no force potential.

slornie
06-05-2007, 06:39 AM
its supposed to be Vaders secret apprentice, maybe we will find out that Palpatine does know about him/her, and is secretly manipulating Vader to train this apprentice, so that in time he/she will be powerful enough to replace Vader as Palpatine's apprentice

Pho3nix
06-05-2007, 07:43 AM
If there is a big twist/secret, something tells me it won't be that.

Seconded.

I don't think there will be any big revelation of any kind.

Sabretooth
06-05-2007, 08:00 AM
It will most likely be the fact that Star Wars is an entirely fictional universe. Or, maybe not.

Xirion
06-05-2007, 02:23 PM
pfft all bunch of downers :P

Commander Obi-Wan
06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I will be in the game.

Hallucination
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Chewbacca appears and it's revealed that he's Jewish. http://www.liquidcotton.com/images/tees/jewbacca.gif

Corinthian
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
After a very special episode, you'll learn that you're actually a Battle Droid sent from the future to punish us in the past.

Xirion
06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
lol

Davinq
06-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Palpatine is actually Vader's father! :0

Jamps
06-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Probably something to do with the Confederacy, the Fetts, or bringing back a character once thought dead.

Davinq
06-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Probably something to do with the Confederacy, the Fetts, or bringing back a character once thought dead.
QFT, although it would be a bit of a stretch to call that "a twist that will change the way you look at the series."

JawaJoey
06-07-2007, 03:06 AM
I'm expecting an alternate ending where you take Vader or even the Emperor's place after killing them. Although they did already do pretty much exactly that in the ROTS game already...

Other than that, well, the apprentice has to die somehow, and given that he's the main character, it's hard to win the game if he dies, so I'm guessing whatever surprise is in store relates to that somehow.

Thor the Bassis
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
The apprentice is actually a clone of Luke Skywalker cloned with the specific purpose of killing Luke as he has the same natural ability as Luke but has trained all of his life. However, this all goes wrong as the apprentice feels that his evil acts are wrong and converts to the good side (thus proving that the good side will always live on and Vader was the one who would bring about the chosen one) before being killed by Vader as he wasn't far enough through his training and so wasn't able to do what Luke did later.

tk102
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM
It's revealed that you are actually a clone of Anakin. Vader believed he was childless and decided to make a clone of himself to further his legacy.

Jeff
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
It's revealed that you are actually a clone of Anakin. Vader believed he was childless and decided to make a clone of himself to further his legacy.Not a bad idea, probably my favourite so far.

tk102
06-07-2007, 10:46 AM
:p Thanks Moeller. Continuing along that thinking:

So at the end you either die, get exiled somewhere, or Palpatine forces you to fight Vader. In the last case, Vader or Palapatine wounds you very badly and you end up having to wear Vader's armor after you defeat him. So Vader from Ep4 is actually a clone of Vader from Ep3.

PoiuyWired
06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok this might be weird, but can be true. Think Seriously About It. This might be a canon ending even.

1) You will Survive, and Continue to ne alive even after Palpy's Final Death.
2) You will Ally With A Witch.
3) you will be trained by the blood of a Skywalker, again.
4) Got possessed by some symbiote, and reinvent the Sith Order again.
5) Become a Dark lord OF Sith in the Far Future.
6) You will be searching for the Last of the Skywalkers, again.

Really, This FITS STAR WARS. Recurring story of the fight between light and dark. Continued descriptions about the Skywalkers. Character Development. This also ties the story of so many things together.

Well, the problem is. Its too good to be true.

RC-1162
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
^ I believe you've got Darth Krayt in mind when you say that.

revan_221
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
maybe you would have to kill obi-wan in the dark side and sacrefice your life for the jedi in the light

JawaJoey
06-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Ok this might be weird, but can be true. Think Seriously About It. This might be a canon ending even.

1) You will Survive, and Continue to ne alive even after Palpy's Final Death.
2) You will Ally With A Witch.
3) you will be trained by the blood of a Skywalker, again.
4) Got possessed by some symbiote, and reinvent the Sith Order again.
5) Become a Dark lord OF Sith in the Far Future.
6) You will be searching for the Last of the Skywalkers, again.

Really, This FITS STAR WARS. Recurring story of the fight between light and dark. Continued descriptions about the Skywalkers. Character Development. This also ties the story of so many things together.

Well, the problem is. Its too good to be true.

Who do you think the secret apprentice is? Durge? Mysterious life! Live forever! Come back vengeful! OOooh! Silly plots like that bother me, and I hate it when they show up in Star Wars.

To anyone actually subscribing to any clone theory, keep in mind that they have a developed unique character and actor for the apprentice. He has his own unique personality. He's not only played by, but visually modeled after a specific actor. They even motion-captured his facial expressions when acting to use in game. He can't be a clone of a character that we've already seen the face of.
Not to mention, why would Vader clone himself, and how could anyone clone Luke at that time?

Hopefully, these are all just silly speculation people are making up. Like so:

Maybe Shaak Ti uses the force to transform the apprentice into a rancor, and he eventually becomes the rancor at Jabba's Palace.

CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
The apprentice is actually a clone of Luke Skywalker cloned with the specific purpose of killing Luke as he has the same natural ability as Luke but has trained all of his life. However, this all goes wrong as the apprentice feels that his evil acts are wrong and converts to the good side (thus proving that the good side will always live on and Vader was the one who would bring about the chosen one) before being killed by Vader as he wasn't far enough through his training and so wasn't able to do what Luke did later.

Exactly why there was a Mara Jade....

Ctrl Alt Del
06-09-2007, 08:32 PM
...or bringing back a character once thought dead.

Kotor, anyone?

CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Nah, I prefer to focus on Unleashing the force with another game engine :D

Gargoyle King
06-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Kotor, anyone?

Yeah maybe Revan will show up alive and kickin' :lol:

Seriously though i don't really have any vision for what surprises we may expect in TFU; i hope however it is a deeply unexpected one (c'mon in Kotor you must have had an inkling of a thought that you as the main character may be Revan), i sure as hell can't wait to find out though!

PoiuyWired
06-11-2007, 04:48 PM
JarJar "I am your Father!"
Lando "And I am your mom!"
Wicket " Lightsaber Boomerang!!"
...or things like that.

Revan? Well if anything that would belong to the Tyber Zann story not TFU.

And no, you being Yoda in disguise ...

Fredi
06-11-2007, 04:54 PM
hmmmm Meaby is that The Apprentice was Masters Yoda Padawan??....

PoiuyWired
06-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Many younglings and what not have been trained under yoda man for some length of time, and yoda seems to have good memory.

And on the serious side. I few things would be interesting.
1) A game where there is no real Light Side redemption. At best there would be death.

2) A game where you would be forced/commanded to kill your love, and even though you think you have the choice to do good and not kill her, she end up dead anyways, partly due to your actions, which is also anticipated by the dark lord himself.

3) A game where you can see some once good jedis gone mental/mad due to the stress on running away from the hunt. Not DS necessarily Fallen to the Dark Side, but quite nutty.

4) The Return of some bald emo goth chick with two sabers.

5) In The Grim Darkness Of The Galaxy Far Far Away There Is Only War. Well, at least there is a darker/grimer atmosphere in the whole game, cause most Star Wars games have been pretty "light" so far.

tk102
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
And on the serious side. I few things would be interesting.
1) A game where there is no real Light Side redemption. At best there would be death.
Like Planscape: Torment? :( That would crush the replayability factor if you knew that no matter what you did, you were still going to die "at best". It'd be hard to stay motivated. At least with PS:T the dialogs were so engrossing you could forget this aspect.

Ztalker
06-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Some big revelation huh?

Judging by the story...(Vader trying to train the Apprentice to overthrow the Emperor) I think there will be a huge frenzy at the end where the Apprentice is attacked by Rebels, Stromtroopers, Sith, Jedi. Him becoming the ultimate 'grey jedi' seems a fit in this situation :)

Son of Skywalker15
06-12-2007, 05:37 PM
While I liked the clone idea, it does indeed seem to good to be true. It would be really interesting to find out you're a clone, but of a dead Jedi Master......

CLONECOMMANDER501
06-12-2007, 06:15 PM
L.A wouldn't ever think of that.............

Gargoyle King
06-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Revan? Well if anything that would belong to the Tyber Zann story not TFU.
Intended as "SARCASM" since Revan was 'alive and kickin' over 4000 years prior to TFU, hence i wasn't being serious. :lol:

Yeah maybe Revan will show up alive and kickin' :lol:

See the little laughing icon at the end of my point, it wasn't meant to be serious!

While I really,really liked the clone idea
I don't, a tad bit overworked with the prequels don't cha think?

Son of Skywalker15
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
L.A wouldn't ever think of that.............

Is that a good thing or a bad thing though... :yoda3

I don't, a tad bit overworked with the prequels don't cha think?

I suppose. Though, I did like it in Karen Traviss' short story in Insider.

Jamps
06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
How about an appearance by Mace Windu, backing up the thought of bringing back a character once thought dead.

Maybe the secret apprentice is a character from the original trilogy or something. But who could possibly have a backstory like this?

Fredi
06-14-2007, 01:19 AM
How about an appearance by Mace Windu, backing up the thought of bringing back a character once thought dead.

Maybe the secret apprentice is a character from the original trilogy or something. But who could possibly have a backstory like this?

hmmm yeah you might be right ..... meaby Quilan Vos lol.... just kidding, but it could be a original character of the trilogy!

RC-1162
06-14-2007, 02:37 PM
How about not resurrecting a character or revealing blood relations? I mean, I'm not trying to throw a wrench into all of your gears here, but I'm just stating my opinion, no offense meant to you guys.

But seeing as we expect this kind of a 'twist' that involves someone being related to someone or that person meeting up with a character long thought to be dead, maybe they should try something different. How about something like the Apprentice rebels against Vader and rejects the Dark Side of his own free will at the end? It might sound unlikely that a darksider would have qualms about what they did, but maybe the Apprentice had a bigger heart.

Then again, maybe thats just too improbable and we'll get a standard twist :D.

EDIT: And the Apprentice needn't die, either, he could flee into hiding after he failed, maybe that could be a separate level/mission in the game: Avoid Imperial Forces and get off the planet or something. That could work out.

stoffe
06-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I would prefer if they came up with something new. Clones, long-lost relatives, clones of long-lost relatives and the like seems to have been over-used already in Star Wars.

EDIT: And the Apprentice needn't die, either, he could flee into hiding after he failed, maybe that could be a separate level/mission in the game: Avoid Imperial Forces and get off the planet or something. That could work out.

Or when his work is done he could pilot his ship alone and head out towards the Unknown Regions, looking for the True Sith, never to be heard from again. The Unknown Regions seems like a dumping ground for force users who are too powerful to leave around in the Republic/Empire. :)

RC-1162
06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
^ That's true, but the only trouble is, it might be too reminiscent of what Revan did after KotOR. Maybe he could have been chased and chose the Unknown Regions to hide, instead of seeking the Sith as Revan once did, that would get rid of him and not seem Revan-ish.

Of course, sometime after the game is released, some writer might throw out a story featuring the Apprentice's return. So much for the "get rid of" plan for the devs :D.

tk102
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
^ That's true, but the only trouble is, it might be too reminiscent of what Revan did after KotOR. Maybe he could have been chased and chose the Unknown Regions to hide, instead of seeking the Sith as Revan once did, that would get rid of him and not seem Revan-ish.I think stoffe was joking. :)

JoeDoe 2.0
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
One of Vader's apprentice's parents was a Jedi, imagine him knowing that he had been killing his kin...

RC-1162
06-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I think stoffe was joking. :)
Oh...right.

God, I feel stupid

PoiuyWired
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
My real guess on the so-called surprise. Really, it won't be a surprise at all. Our sithette(is this even a word?) have a girlfriend. Being blonde aside, she is probably going to stand with the rebels in the end or something. So typical of Star Wars?

Son of Skywalker15
06-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I would prefer if they came up with something new. Clones, long-lost relatives, clones of long-lost relatives and the like seems to have been over-used already in Star Wars.

True, but it's always been entertaining. I would love something shocking like finding out you're Revan in Kotor.

Roupe
06-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I did like the Vader Clone idea from tk102, why shouldnt they try to clone someone with his expertise?

Jedis that has fallen to the dark side , but are not Pro Empire, they are rather enraged by the Republics betrayal against them & thus motivated by a burning hatred against it. These Fallen Jedis wantingly commits acts of pure terrorism against the empire.

RC-1162
06-16-2007, 02:48 AM
I did like the Vader Clone idea from tk102, why shouldn't they try to clone someone with his expertise?
Vader was already cloned once, according to EU, so Vader clones are most probably not going to be seen.

Xirion
06-16-2007, 03:06 AM
when/where did vader clone? info please if you can :)

CraZy_B
06-16-2007, 11:06 AM
TK's clone idea is nice but if that is the case he would surely die at the end. Lucas wouldn't ruin the series with getting a clone vader(no offense)

Think about ROTS's end. One of the greatest sith lord is born... oh no wait, you get a fake.

Also: I am your father. Well actually, he's long dead I'm just a clone and this moment has no emotional value at all.

Besides, as someone said, cloning is a bit overdone, really. Boba, Luke, Emperor, C'Baoth and now Vader, too?

MacTavish
06-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Maybe it could be vader's nephew like if Owen and Beru Lars had a kid and it was connected to the force.

Luke I am your half-brother...lol

PoiuyWired
06-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Ah ... No.

Please no more Luke's sister-mother-niece type character. I have seen enough of those in fanfics.

Off Topic: What would be the Hero's pet? I mean, every Star Wars hero have a pet/sidekick of some kind, may it be a girlfriend, robot, carpet, or something else. Yeah Our Hero here needs a pet, and a named Vehicle.

What Vehicle would be good? I mean it has to be hyperdrive ready, so that rules out most Ties. YT series are sooo overused, and the "letter"Wings are more Alliance based (unless imperial Guard). My suggestion would be a nicely converted Naboo Vehicle, hand crafted, and souped uped, failing that it would be a Mon Cal vehicle.

stoffe
06-17-2007, 02:38 PM
What Vehicle would be good? I mean it has to be hyperdrive ready, so that rules out most Ties. YT series are sooo overused, and the "letter"Wings are more Alliance based (unless imperial Guard).

I'd guess it is this one: screenshot (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/screenpop.html?screenNum=9&platform=unsorted&screenCount=37&imgAspectRatio=16x9&winAspectRatio=16x9)

Looks a bit Imperial and menacing in design, while it's big enough to look like more than a one-seater and be hyperspace capable.

RC-1162
06-18-2007, 03:44 AM
Ah yes, to all those who asked about the Vader's Clone: Checky (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader_%28clone%29)

BTW: How come there were so many concept drawings of rancors? Are they going to play a key part in the game or something? :p

stoffe
06-18-2007, 06:51 AM
BTW: How come there were so many concept drawings of rancors? Are they going to play a key part in the game or something? :p

Perhaps one of the surviving Jedi is a Rancor? Imagine fighting a lightsaber-wielding Rancor. :D

Judging by the concept art it seems like some of the Jedi have tamed/dominated the Rancors and use them for defense.

CraZy_B
06-18-2007, 07:20 AM
^That's just what I was thinking. The taming part that is... :)

RC-1162
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Perhaps one of the surviving Jedi is a Rancor? Imagine fighting a lightsaber-wielding Rancor. :D
That's gonna be one heck of a huge lightsaber :D

PoiuyWired
06-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, more like the combination of lightsaber, a big twig, and inventive use of ductapes.

As for the rancor, notice that it seems to be a sub-type. Yes probably it is the guardian of some ruins/encampment. For the record, some rancors are smart enough to talk in a language and what not, so technically there can be rancor jedis. But do you really want to meet one?

As for the vehicle. Thanks. Hmmm... the either the cockpit seems small, or that is a HUGE ship.

JoeDoe 2.0
06-21-2007, 08:30 PM
I think the Rancors, specially the new ones, are enemies, that possibly the player is going to encounter on Felucia, which has a lot of aggressive wildlife

PoiuyWired
06-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, the watery creature is probably a Felucia lifeform too. I am thinking that one of the rancor thingy would be on the "world with many crystals" as depicted in one of the arts. Elom?

To be fair though, unless you are an ninja or the like who can "disappear in force" or "make yourself small" or just an old hermit that spends most of the time "wandering along the force like a leaf blown by the wind" Chances are you would need places where your force becon would be crowded out by the surroundings.

As for the little main character of TFU, how about this line from him
"No, You Are My Father!"
Better if he is saying it to Tholme, even better if it is Vos, even moar so if its Obi Wan.

adamqd
06-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Do you mean Illum? Could be, because it was a safe haven for Jedi after the Purge, especially one's that rode Rancors :)

MeleeMaster
06-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I read somewhere that Vader's secret Apprentice actually has this chip on his belt that allows Vader to control him, I think I read it on Gamespot somewhere.

The plot twist could reveal that Vader on the inside is still lightside/when the chip on Vader's apprentice is broken he goes lightside, probably something along those lines, tieing into the whole lightside-darkside factor of things in Star Wars.

Xirion
07-01-2007, 02:51 AM
interesting

Negative Sun
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Palpatine is actually Vader's father! :0
That Shmi, lying to a Jedi, tsk tsk...

PoiuyWired
07-04-2007, 04:19 AM
The theory of Palpy(plagy) using the force to create Anakin has been debated to no end.

Magical belt of control? Hmmm... sounds like DnD to me. I think this is redundent? I mean, why try to kill your pawn with some magical/explosive belt when you can force choke them from the other end of the galaxy?

MeleeMaster
07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
I seriously read that in an official Q&A or an interview somewhere, I'm not kidding.

PoiuyWired
07-08-2007, 03:00 PM
If so then this would be the funniest piece of equipment ever, is it like the explosive belts used on ewoks?

On the side note, those explosive belts would work wonders on a gungan.

Xirion
07-09-2007, 02:54 AM
nice

SithStarSlayer
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I read somewhere that Vader's secret Apprentice actually has this chip on his belt that allows Vader to control him, I think I read it on Gamespot somewhere.

The plot twist could reveal that Vader on the inside is still lightside/when the chip on Vader's apprentice is broken he goes lightside, probably something along those lines, tieing into the whole lightside-darkside factor of things in Star Wars.

Actually the Secret Apprentice is controlled via a neck-collar. And you will slug it out with Vader, who takes his lumps but pwns you in the end. The Battle-Damaged action figure shows just how much of a pounding that Vader can take.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Vaderstillpwnsu.jpg

PoiuyWired
07-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Neck collar, makes more sense than a belt.

SithStarSlayer
07-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Neck collar, makes more sense than a belt.

Or the wrist-gauntlet as was first reported. :fire2:
That would be flat out stupid, because anyone who wanted freedom bad enough would just lop-off the hand and get a mechno replacement. Especially a darksider. The biggest retcon-relevations are how Vader got his injuries. My favorite spoiler that may or may not be confirmed is that the Secret Apprentice knows :ben: whereabouts and the secret he's hiding... and lets them live.

Just remember that you saw it here first, LOL.

Maphisto86
07-10-2007, 05:46 AM
I don't think there is some huge secret that will change the face of the whole Star Wars story. They just said we will see Vader in a different light (not that we have already with the prequels). I think the game will simply reveal Darth Vader's motivations for continuing to serve Palpatine and/or how he embraces his Sith identity despite regretting his past actions. Ever since I saw AOTC & especially ROTS, I saw Anakin-Vader as on a "slippery slope" into the darkside, being motivated by four things: first his fear of losing the ones he loves (mother, then Padme and their child), his growing paranoia and distrust of the Jedi (feuled by Palpatine and his discussions with Anakin), his fear of answering for Windu's death thus leading him to impulsively embrace the dark side and finally, his lust for power and freedom to do as he wishes. I feel that in the Force Unleashed, we will see Darth Vader become more the evil we see in the original trilogy.

Jedi MasterRoot
07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok I couldn't get past the 3rd portion of this!!! Most of the ideas-No ALL the ideas that I saw were stupid, lame and impossible!! Seriously, I mean come on! This game is being supervised by George Lucas himself!! Do you really think he would make something that lame? Jeez Incometence thats what this is! Pure incometence. :lsduel: :lightning :vsd: :emperor:

PoiuyWired
07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
One thing for sure... if GL plays too much a part in it then the Dialogues would suck ass big time. We have seen how anakin speaks in PT.

Ztalker
08-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Ehm...I don't think Vader would battle his Apprentice. He has moral issues with that since he trained Tao as well, which he was forced to kill at the end.

Tao: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tao

Why not this:
The Empire finds out about Vader's little scheme to overthrow him with a padawan. Vader is forced to start his plan to early, and a not-strong-enough apprentice and himself go and attack an important facility (Probably Biss or something) to start the plan. Vader still forces him with the colar. Here, DV is severly wounded (hence the figure) and the Apprentice is near-dead. Just before dying, Vader removes the Apprentice's control-colar and the apprentice goes LS. Then stands up, ask Vader to go away, says something like: "You are a good man. Never forget that."
Then goes Chuck Norris on the facility taking thousands of soldiers and Imperials with him before finally dying, speaking his last words: "Juno...i love you."

...to dramatic? :xp:

Edit: (From Wookiepedia)
When Vader deemed his training complete, he sent his apprentice on a series of trials to destroy his enemies. When those trials were complete, Vader finally sent him on a mission to hunt down a single rogue Jedi. Vader hoped that this mission would deem him ready to stand with him to confront and destroy Palpatine.

Edit;Edit: Forget about Tao, he's not trained until 1aby, that's after TFU takes place...

PoiuyWired
08-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Ehm...I don't think Vader would battle his Apprentice. He has moral issues with that since he trained Tao as well, which he was forced to kill at the end.

Tao: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tao

Why not this:
The Empire finds out about Vader's little scheme to overthrow him with a padawan. Vader is forced to start his plan to early, and a not-strong-enough apprentice and himself go and attack an important facility (Probably Biss or something) to start the plan. Vader still forces him with the colar. Here, DV is severly wounded (hence the figure) and the Apprentice is near-dead. Just before dying, Vader removes the Apprentice's control-colar and the apprentice goes LS. Then stands up, ask Vader to go away, says something like: "You are a good man. Never forget that."
Then goes Chuck Norris on the facility taking thousands of soldiers and Imperials with him before finally dying, speaking his last words: "Juno...i love you."

...to dramatic?

Well, to be Dramatic you have to let Juno be the traitor. Let her be the one that shoots This Chuck Norris guy down. Then you get the scene where Juno runs a stream of tears along her face and left.

Oh, please don't yell "NONE SHALL PASS"

Ztalker
08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Crap...I knew I missed something..."None Shall Pass!" :xp:

LordSerion
08-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Sidious knew about this "Secret Apprentice" from the beginning. I belive, in the end we can choose, whether we kill Sidious or Vader (the latter is easyer, just blast him with Force Lightning, and he is done for good - like in RotJ). Wasn't this 'None shall pass!' line said during the Yuuzhan Wong War?

Jeff
08-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't think either Vader of Sidious will die though because the ending of the game will be canon in the Star Wars universe. So it has to fit in with the movies.

PoiuyWired
08-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Sidious can certainly Die. He will just return to his bedroom and pulls out a new body under his carpet.

Alexander the Great
08-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Malak Quote: "Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith. "

Dark Lords can't die. Ever. No matter what. Even if their soul is destroyed, their body is thrown into a reactor core, and every trace of their DNA is lost. Why? Because Malak said so. Bald people never lie.

patrickmc
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
The secret is that the secret apprentice is son of obi-wan kenobi.

(That's my guess :P)

LordSerion
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
You meant that the Dark Side doesn't die, didn't you, GrayMusic?

PoiuyWired
08-15-2007, 10:50 AM
ObiWan's Gemale Plaything is long dead, so its probably not his son. And ObiWan seems to prefer Krayt Dragons.

Alexander the Great
08-15-2007, 09:08 PM
You meant that the Dark Side doesn't die, didn't you, GrayMusic?

Actually, I wasn't being serious. I know Dark Lords die.

JoeDoe 2.0
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
They do!? That's a shocker!!! :p

Jedi spirits FTW!!!

LordSerion
08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
What about Exar Kun's spirit, eh? Or Palpatine's? Sith spirits, FTW!

MacTavish
08-16-2007, 12:39 PM
What about Exar Kun's spirit, eh? Or Palpatine's? Sith spirits, FTW!

How bout this one: Marka Ragnos FTW!
http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/marka_ragnos.jpg

Ztalker
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Hmmm....I recall sabering the hell out of Ragnos whilst playing a certain Jaden Korr. Memory is a bit vague though :xp:

So he wasn't THAT immortal....

MacTavish
08-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Hmmm....I recall sabering the hell out of Ragnos whilst playing a certain Jaden Korr. Memory is a bit vague though :xp:

So he wasn't THAT immortal....

I havent played Jedi Academy. That picture is from the Tales of the Jedi comics.

Alexander the Great
08-18-2007, 04:54 PM
The Ragnos from JK3 was a weaker version of him. His spirit was dormant for thousands of years and he was controlling some Sith wannabe. It was basically you fighting a Dark Jedi with a bit more power than usual. Ragnos himself was one of the most powerful Sith Lords there ever was.

RellioN
08-23-2007, 03:49 AM
I hope that they also let you do some non-canon stuff, like overthrow vader and sidious :p, like there were non-canon storylines in kotor.

Anyways, I think that it will have a lot to do with the apprentice fighting the Imperials in the teaser. You see him take down large starships and kill stormtroopers.

MacTavish
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
The Ragnos from JK3 was a weaker version of him. His spirit was dormant for thousands of years and he was controlling some Sith wannabe. It was basically you fighting a Dark Jedi with a bit more power than usual. Ragnos himself was one of the most powerful Sith Lords there ever was.

Exactly.

wazmol69
08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
i swear that maul was due to come back at this time to fight vader or obi wan (cant remember)

maybe just maybe...

-Waz

Alexander the Great
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
i swear that maul was due to come back at this time to fight vader or obi wan (cant remember)

maybe just maybe...

-Waz

Yeah, Sidious resurrects Maul to fight Vader as a test of his strength. I don't think it will be in this game, though.

MacTavish
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah, Sidious resurrects Maul to fight Vader as a test of his strength.

Cool, I didn't know that. :mauls:

LordSerion
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
And Vader won by stabbing through his own chest, thereby stabbing Maul as well. Sidious didn't resurrected Maul himself, but a group of Dark "wizards". After the fight, Sidious appeared, and slaughtered them himself.

JoeDoe 2.0
08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Sith are really bloodthirsty, well, some of them are. Jacen FTW!

PoiuyWired
08-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, Sidious resurrects Maul to fight Vader as a test of his strength. I don't think it will be in this game, though.

Ah Ha, that wonderful story from the Infinites of Star Wars Tales. Wonderful times.

I think Vader is also being a bit emo in the same story, yelling things like "I Hate Myself"

For some reason I always think that This Sirron Kcuhc guy would eithr be killed by Lady Eclipse or have some dealings with the evil Sith Prophets.

MacTavish
08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
For some reason I always think that This Sirron Kcuhc guy would eithr be killed by Lady Eclipse or have some dealings with the evil Sith Prophets.

What if the apprentice actually doesn't die. What if in the end he/she goes into hiding like the exile did in Kotor 2.

Ztalker
08-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Are you kidding? Sirron Kcuhc will never die. The galaxy isn't an Empire, it's an Kcuhc-tatorship. O yeah, and he wears an magnificent beard :D

PoiuyWired
08-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Well, we know many famous characters would have cameo, and from that list they shows I think Leia is one of them, and GL even made some notes on her!! Now lets hope JarJar not on the list.

"Yousa Ani's lil' lil' stuudant? Meza Thinz Yousa no Good Stuudant. Youza Kill Thaza Admonroe wif Dat Choza Thing, badza. Ani No Like Youza Me Thinz.

Watching Robot Chicken StarWars Special is a fun and bad thing.

JoeDoe 2.0
08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope one of the missions is assassinating the new Senator from Naboo, Jar Jar "evil chuckle*

MacTavish
08-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I hope one of the missions is assassinating the new Senator from Naboo, Jar Jar "evil chuckle*

Heh...I always thought JarJar was annoying. :jarjar::blueblas1

grievous797
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Heh...I always thought JarJar was annoying. :jarjar::blueblas1
Same here, can't wait to pwn him.

LordSerion
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I would love to pwn him, too. Alternate Star Wars Rap line: ...to all you Jar-Jar haters out there...

Master Zionosis
08-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Oi, Leave him alone :xp: I like Jar Jar :)

MacTavish
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Mesa gonna kill yusa wit my annoyidness! :jarjar: lol

PoiuyWired
08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Oi, Leave him alone :xp: I like Jar Jar :)

Because of his long tongue? his big ears? Well dear, you got those in most gungans. So you may want to find one less annoying when you two are going romantic. BTW, anyone knows who is that unfortunate gungan lady that gets the JarJar Love? We know JJB got a son, though he is far smarter, so the unfortunate female must be some smart girl, though not smart enough to avoid such contact.

But seriously, I don't see the point of a "Kill the JJB" mission though. It woul serve no uprpose other than ... well, I guess its ok then. :)

Alexander the Great
08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Why does everyone call Zionisis "dear"? That's like calling me honey.

They could make one of the endings so that he goes insane. It'd give the game sort of a Catcher in the Rye feel.

Hallucination
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
BTW, anyone knows who is that unfortunate gungan lady that gets the JarJar Love?
"Meesa wife make Jar Jar sleep on da couch 'cause meesa, uhh... clumsy."

>_>

<_<

MacTavish
08-27-2007, 06:25 PM
"Meesa wife make Jar Jar sleep on da couch 'cause meesa, uhh... clumsy."

>_>

<_<

Hahaha...lol. Good one.

Jeff
08-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I doubt Jar Jar is gonna be the big twist/secret in Force Unleashed...lets get back on topic please.

SilentScope001
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Hypothesies:

1) There is no big twist/secret. [My fave.]

2) Palpatine knew he was going to be shafted in ROTJ, and prepared for that via the cloning project.

3) The Case For The Empire (www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/248ipzbt.asp) will finally be declared G-Canon.

4) This very strong Force-User will eventually destroy and replace Palpatine. The movies continue as normal, except that this strong Force-User is the one that get thrown down the shaft in ROTJ, not Palpatine.

5) Palpatine/Vader's Apperciance is a True Sith!!1!

LordSerion
09-08-2007, 03:42 AM
True Sith had red skin, hadn't they? Anyway, here's my fav twist idea: in the end, you can choose between Vader and Sidious. What d'you think?

Master Zionosis
09-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Because of his long tongue? his big ears? Well dear, you got those in most gungans. So you may want to find one less annoying when you two are going romantic.

Excuse me?!?! As far as I recall someone is able to like someone without wanting to.... errr... *cough* jump on them :D I like JJB as a friend, :xp: And for the record I only like him because I find him funny, and I don't care whether I'm the only one :p

Why does everyone call Zionisis "dear"? That's like calling me honey.

LOL, I have no idea, maybe the same reason I call a friend of mine, (lets just call him S) Squishy. :lol:

Alexander the Great
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Excuse me?!?! As far as I recall someone is able to like someone without wanting to.... errr... *cough* jump on them :D I like JJB as a friend, :xp: And for the record I only like him because I find him funny, and I don't care whether I'm the only one :p

Lol, Jump on them.

Funny, but why is that in a spoiler?

And if you were a girl, you would jump on him (Screw the spoilers, I have money! [/ygoabridged quote])? Sick!

(I hope I'm not making an assumption that you are a guy... I'm going to tear out my own eyes and lose faith in humanity if you're a girl.)

Ctrl Alt Del
09-09-2007, 07:21 PM
(I hope I'm not making an assumption that you are a guy... I'm going to tear out my own eyes and lose faith in humanity if you're a girl.)

Drop dead, then, for Zionosis is

Got ya, Zionosis is he

PoiuyWired
09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Back on Topic. Won't it be nice if this Sithlet got the chance to charge up the loading ramp of that hawt Eclipse chick? I mean, she can go preggers, and her kid taken under the wings of the Emperor, named Brie or something. Maybe she can be a good single/double/triple/omg spy, or maybe she got to date farmboys(which can be proven deadly).

And the Sithlet, if he survives, can go hide in some dustball planet, got hooked up with some crazy crazy old hermit (no not that one, the one even CRAZIER than that crazy old hermit) and work out something new. And the name Wyyrlok sounds nice for him.

patrickmc
09-14-2007, 03:40 PM
From wich wookie did you get that name from ? :smash:

PoiuyWired
09-16-2007, 07:33 AM
wiki is your friend. (or wookieea in this case)

Its a play on many EU future stuff, with heavy spoilers here and there. Lets say, it will help build some glorious future of the Sith.

and death to redheads too...

Master Zionosis
09-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Drop dead, then, for Zionosis is

Got ya, Zionosis is he

Not that I'm saying your incorrect, but how do you know I'm a he, I could be a she, when did I tell you that :lol:

PoiuyWired
09-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Security Camera Reviews That The Toilet Seat is UP. :)

asb5152003
09-27-2007, 01:57 AM
I bet you the secret apprentice is somehow (and I don't know how) Darth Vader's brother. The way in which he uses the force just screams at me that the force itself created him. I dunno, maybe I'm totally off base here, but I betcha thats what the big secret is. Poke holes if you wish.

Alexander the Great
09-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Not that I'm saying your incorrect, but how do you know I'm a he, I could be a she, when did I tell you that :lol:

You play WoW (With a female character, too!) and your name's not "Mistress" Zionosis. You're a dude.

Back on topic...

Back on Topic. Won't it be nice if this Sithlet got the chance to charge up the loading ramp of that hawt Eclipse chick? I mean, she can go preggers, and her kid taken under the wings of the Emperor, named Brie or something. Maybe she can be a good single/double/triple/omg spy, or maybe she got to date farmboys(which can be proven deadly).

If Vader's apprentice is responsible for conceiving Lumiya, I'm going to buy the game just so I can make him jump off a ledge a thousand times.

I bet it could be that after you develop a relationship with Juno, Sidious will find and kill her, then the apprentice will be like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!" and try to fight Sidious, and then he'll die. Or something. I still like the insanity idea, though.

PoiuyWired
09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Maybe Palpy's body is failing, and he needs a new one. Vader's apprentice is reasonably strong in the force, and would make for a good body...

Yes, it does sound like Naruto a bit.

Rev7
10-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Maybe Palpy's body is failing, and he needs a new one. Vader's apprentice is reasonably strong in the force, and would make for a good body...

Yes, it does sound like Naruto a bit.
Sorry, but why would Palpy have the same body in the movies then, although there is a possiblity that something did happen that we never knew of, but I think that that is highly unlikely. *my opinion though*

PoiuyWired
10-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Maybe the one you see in Ep6 is already his 3rd+ body?

I mean, in the original Ep5 and Ep6 he looks quite different. In fact in Ep5 he is a hybrid of an old hag and a chimp.

garm_bel_iblis
10-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Here's a link to a relatively recent new video from the devs about the game on IGN:
SPOILER WARNING, this may ruin part of the story for you!
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/823/823667/vids_1.html

Watch the one titled "A Force Wrecking Ball". It looks like The Apprentice does team up with General Koto at some point, whether it's to eventually kill him or actually turn to the LS, who knows? The video also points out how important and pivotal the game's story is in connecting Episodes III and IV. One of the guys says that we won't look at the franchise in the same way after this game. What could this be about? Maybe The Apprentice has something to do w/ the formation of the Alliance (if it's a LS ending)? I can't think of anything else that would be so important that we've never heard of before...

That brings up another question I have:
How many years have passed since Palpatine took power in Episode III? Between III and IV I think there are about twenty or so years which have passed (based on Luke's age in IV). So is this game set 2, 10, or 15 years after III? The reason I ask is because if The Apprentice has anything to do with the Alliance it needs to be formed first (or maybe he's an integral part of it's formation) and I don't think that happens immediately after Palpatine takes power (read about the Alliance in Wookieepedia). Or maybe the earth-shattering revelation doesn't have to do with the Alliance VS the Empire, maybe it has something to do with the nature of the Force, or relationships among certain characters...

Ztalker
10-06-2007, 01:34 PM
I believe they said the story would span several years, so it's quit possible it takes place directly after Episode three right upto Episode 4. Who knows? :)

Davinq
10-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Here's another idea I thought I'd throw out, since it follows the age-old intrigue of cloning and fathers, but without being either, or any other rerehashed concept.

My theory is thus: What if the Apprentice isn't a clone, doesn't get cloned, isn't remotely related to anyone, etc etc, but turns out to be someone we know from the story? Obviously, it couldn't be someone from the movies, since LA's using a new actor for the job, but the Apprentice could easily be someone that's been well-covered in EU surrounding the movies.

Huntmaster99
10-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Here's another idea I thought I'd throw out, since it follows the age-old intrigue of cloning and fathers, but without being either, or any other rerehashed concept.

My theory is thus: What if the Apprentice isn't a clone, doesn't get cloned, isn't remotely related to anyone, etc etc, but turns out to be someone we know from the story? Obviously, it couldn't be someone from the movies, since LA's using a new actor for the job, but the Apprentice could easily be someone that's been well-covered in EU surrounding the movies.

Hmmm, with such theory in mind, I would put my opinion in and say: Jaden Korr. Since not enough of his back story has been explained (as the character was intentionally designed to be created by the player at the time) a variety of scenarios could explain why the secret apprentice went from Sith to Jedi.

PoiuyWired
10-08-2007, 01:07 PM
... or Jaden's wonderful sex change into female... or a Rodian...
Even if he is set to be a penisful Human, Jaden seems to be much younger.

But its a wonderful theory none-the-less.

LordSerion
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Perhaps this time they won't lock us by closed doors, idiotic maps (like in JK2 Level 2). Or perhaps we will be able to cut ourselves through them - or Force Crush them.

garm_bel_iblis
10-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Ztalker: I believe they said the story would span several years, so it's quit possible it takes place directly after Episode three right upto Episode 4. Who knows?

So if the story were to span several years then will The Apprentice accomplish a mission and then a few years pass and you play as The Apprentice again during another pivotal mission? I don't think that's the way it will be structured. Maybe in the book it will (although I doubt that too), but in the game I'd bet the player is jetting around to planets (Kashyykk & Felucia confirmed) and space stations (TIE factory) one after the other and the story doesn't necessarily span years. Just like in the movies, the audience sees a pivotal moment in the saga and then the books and EU fill in the middle. Although I could be wrong, and maybe the game does span years as Vader has you helping him track down the Jedi during The Great Purge and maybe dispatching other enemies of the Empire right up until Episode IV.

joeymaree
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
there are 19 years between episode 3 and 4... its rumored that this game takes 7..

Jvstice
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
My prediction: The apprentice is the son of Etain and the Mandalorian Clone trooper from the Republic Commando duology. Therefore he has the benefits of a high midichlorian count of a Jedi, and a warrior's physique and training of a mandalorian.

Skirkata was terrified of the possibility of the Old Republic finding out that tehre was a high midichlorian child of one of the clone troopers when he found out that Etain was pregnant. And it would make for a more than just a "typical" apprentice for vader.

Serpentine Cougar
10-27-2007, 02:28 AM
My prediction: The apprentice is the son of Etain and the Mandalorian Clone trooper from the Republic Commando duology. Therefore he has the benefits of a high midichlorian count of a Jedi, and a warrior's physique and training of a mandalorian.

Skirkata was terrified of the possibility of the Old Republic finding out that tehre was a high midichlorian child of one of the clone troopers when he found out that Etain was pregnant. And it would make for a more than just a "typical" apprentice for vader.

While I'm a little skeptical that they would do this (I doubt they'd count on many of the players having read the Republic Commando books), it would make for an interesting apprentice. I have a feeling, though, that the apprentice will probably be someone that people who have only watched the movies will be able to understand. Like, if you've only watched the movies and don't know any Expanded Universe anything, you'd still understand where the apprentice is coming from and how he fits into the world. People who only know the movies might (but then again, might not) be turned away because they don't know anything about those characters. But don't get me wrong, I like this idea; I just don't think that's what'll be in the game.

Perhaps this time they won't lock us by closed doors, idiotic maps (like in JK2 Level 2). Or perhaps we will be able to cut ourselves through them - or Force Crush them.

Dude, you just gave me an interesting idea. What if....the apprentice could cut through time? ;)

(I don't really think they're going to do this, but it's an interesting idea all the same.)

LordSerion
10-27-2007, 03:41 AM
What do you mean by "cut through time"?

Jvstice
10-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Serpentine: A part of me thinks you are right, that they'd go for the lowest common denominator, but it would explain how the character would be "more than an apprentice" to Vader. He has skills that have nothing to do with his force apprenticeship.

Serpentine Cougar
10-28-2007, 04:22 AM
Jvstice: Granted, I suppose that would explain it.

What if "more than just an apprentice" actually meant that Vader was gay? I don't like that idea at all, but it just sprang unbidden into my mind... Also, I don't think that's the way it was originally worded, was it?

By "cutting through time" I mean something similar to the way the Subtle Knife (in the book with that title by Philip Pullman) can cut through the fabric of the world and let you into other worlds and dimensions. So in other words, the "Subtle 'Saber," if you will, would cut through the fabric of the universe, opening a portal into the history of the galaxy. So you could go back in time. Then the apprentice could hang around with Sith mentors and buddies from the golden days of the Sith. Maybe even alter Star Wars history itself! Could this be the 'twist' they're talking about?

Again, I'm not really being serious.

Jeff
10-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't think he would destroy the Jedi order and take up everything he was fighting against previously for the woman he loved if he was gay.

PoiuyWired
10-28-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't think he would destroy the Jedi order and take up everything he was fighting against previously for the woman he loved if he was gay.

I don't think Serpentine is being serious. I mean, Vader does not really look like Dumbledore.

As fore his time-hopping idea, well it maybe cool, but, really, the last thing we need for the Star Wars Universe is some time travelling ability.

LordSerion
10-29-2007, 05:00 AM
How did Dumbledore come in here?
Another twist idea: what if the Apprentice is not only trained by Vader, but by the Emperor as well? I know, than he would not be "Secret" Apprentice, but still, it's an idea.
Gay Vader... I really don't know what could I say...

Ztalker
10-29-2007, 06:56 AM
...some of the 'twists' here are a bit far-fetched, imo. And the Apprentice would need a Tie Delorean, fly it 88 mp/h to do time travel anyways. :xp:

What if he's one of the younglings Anakin was supposed to kill? Episode 3 shows some of them made it our allive (in the scene with Senator Organa in the speeder, a youngling slays several troopers). A Jedi heritage, a Sith training...etc. Torn apart between the two orders..blah blah..

Or he's Jacen who flow-walked back...or Revan who found a time machine in the Unknown Regions. Or Dash Randar. Or he's another experiment of Palpatine with creating life through manipulation of Midi Chlorians....possibilities, possibilities :xp:

Edit: @ DM:
Sorry, didn't know that.
*Throws theory out of the window*

Jeff
10-29-2007, 11:03 AM
But the Apprentice never had any Jedi training Ztalker, thats one of the interesting things about him.

PoiuyWired
10-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Or he's Jacen who flow-walked back...or Revan who found a time machine in the Unknown Regions. Or Dash Randar. Or he's another experiment of Palpatine with creating life through manipulation of Midi Chlorians....possibilities, possibilities :xp:

I have thought of the Jacen Flow-Walk idea actually when someone first mentioned time travel. But really, dude does not look like a jacen.

The Revan case is quite unlikely. Though it would be cool to see a frozen Revan coming back to life. For one, Revan would probably escape quite easily...

Well, it would be interesting if dude is a Midiclorian Induced Lifeform... It would be nice if it is anything close to this.

Dash Randar is most probably not force sensative, and prefers waxing his lightsaber on androids anyways.

DarthSomething
10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
I think he was a youngling that survived the temple massacre. That would explain the childhood flashback scenes, and Yoda's appeance. Kota would remember him from that time, and try to bring him back to the light. I'm not sure how much of a plot twist that would be though, I figure the biggest reveal will probably be that the Emperor knew about him the entire time.

Jeff
10-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I think he was a youngling that survived the temple massacre. That would explain the childhood flashback scenes, and Yoda's appeance. Kota would remember him from that time, and try to bring him back to the light. I'm not sure how much of a plot twist that would be though, I figure the biggest reveal will probably be that the Emperor knew about him the entire time.But the Apprentice never had any Jedi training [Ztalker], thats one of the interesting things about him.Quoting yourself is so lame.

Serpentine Cougar
10-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Also, I'm pretty sure the youngling in the scene with Senator Organa actually gets killed. Another reason he couldn't be the apprentice. I really liked that scene....

Ztalker
11-06-2007, 08:31 AM
PoiuyWired wrote:
I have thought of the Jacen Flow-Walk idea actually when someone first mentioned time travel. But really, dude does not look like a jacen.

The Revan case is quite unlikely. Though it would be cool to see a frozen Revan coming back to life. For one, Revan would probably escape quite easily...

Well, it would be interesting if dude is a Midiclorian Induced Lifeform... It would be nice if it is anything close to this.

Dash Randar is most probably not force sensative, and prefers waxing his lightsaber on androids anyways.

It was sarcasm on my part, sorry :)
I was just pointing out by my examples that the way the EU goes isn't my thing. I really don't like the Flow Walk stuff. And I don't like the way they screwed up some characters as well. Come on...at the current book series, Luke is 59 years old, Han Solo even 69! It's slowly shattering my vision of Star Wars. I mean...I always asociated Star Wars with young people traveling around, living all sorts of adventures.
The Jedi Knight and Kotor games handled the EU very well, imo. Jedi Knight was placed not to lang after the movies, and by adding movie-character cameo's, the 'adventure' feel is relived.

I hope TFU will do the same thing for me. I certainly hope so, and the signs are positive. We got a love interest, two camps (Khota Lights Side and Darth Vader Dark side) fighting over the boy, a droid for comical relief, and rich environnements to walk through.

LordSerion
11-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Twist Idea: Luke comes in in a wheelchair and with all sorts of life-supporting mechanics, breathing like his dad (Kooooohhhaaaaaaaaa), because he used time travel!

PoiuyWired
11-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Twist Idea: Luke comes in in a wheelchair and with all sorts of life-supporting mechanics, breathing like his dad (Kooooohhhaaaaaaaaa), because he used time travel!

Dude that idea is worse than the idea of a Zombie Padme, ex-special-op turned cyborg with katanas, people living in the anus of giant space crab-ships or post-op transexual Ventress.

Jeff
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Dude that idea is worse than the idea of a Zombie Padme, ex-special-op turned cyborg with katanas, people living in the anus of giant space crab-ships or post-op transexual Ventress.Not by much. :p

LordSerion
11-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Dude that idea is worse than the idea of a Zombie Padme, ex-special-op turned cyborg with katanas, people living in the anus of giant space crab-ships or post-op transexual Ventress.

I know :giggle1: !

Nancy Allen``
12-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Okay, seriously? Juno Eclipse is meant to be vital to the storyline right? She's meant to be something of a moral compass right? Maybe given the tone of the game the apprentice kills her in the most horrible way to show that Sith are not cool, but outright ****s.

TKA-001
12-08-2007, 03:52 PM
To all those who say the Apprentice is Revan/Jacen/Anakin's Brother/Palpatine's son/A clone trooper's son/ect: Where the heck do you get these ridiculous ideas? I don't mean to be rude, but they sound inane, even for Lucasarts.

Maybe The Apprentice has something to do w/ the formation of the Alliance (if it's a LS ending)? I can't think of anything else that would be so important that we've never heard of before...
I doubt he'll have anything to do with the Rebellion. There's enough backstory on that anyhow.

Okay, seriously? Juno Eclipse is meant to be vital to the storyline right? She's meant to be something of a moral compass right? Maybe given the tone of the game the apprentice kills her in the most horrible way to show that Sith are not cool, but outright ****s.
What makes you think Juno is going to be the moral compass? She's in the fricking Empire. The Empire which discriminates against non-humans, rules mercilessly with an iron fist, and razes entire planets because they might have Rebels on them. If Juno is a moral compass, I'm gonna be pissed. I'm sick of all the pansy good guys mucking stuff up.

I personally think it would be a great ending to have the Apprentice killed by Jerec. Reasons?

1. The Apprentice doesn't have some grand legacy. He doesn't deserve one. He's just some punk who ran around and did dirty work for Darth Vader.

2. Adds on to the list of things that Jerec accomplished. Jerec is a cool villian, and he should be in the EU more.

3. No live-happily-ever-after ending. For as many characters as there are who do that, there's always far more who die.

4. Clean cut. No room for any EU that takes place after the game to mess up his character. He gets to run around, blow **** up, and dies a cool death at the hands of a cool villian.

5. Avoids stupid endings, like where he escapes, redeems himself, and screws stuff up for the Empire, or kills Palpatine and then Vader and takes over.

Nancy Allen``
12-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I read somewhere that she's meant to be something like that. I'll try and find it.

TKA-001
12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I find the idea of there being a moral compass anywhere in this game to be preposterous.

JoeDoe 2.0
12-10-2007, 09:20 PM
But not ALL Imperial officers are THAT power hungry, some just want to be just and do their job (like Han when he was a recruit and help out Chewbacca when he was being beaten)

TKA-001
12-11-2007, 01:10 PM
That's still no excuse. Her being a moral compass is too predictable.

Ztalker
12-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Right. When stories, movies and games would be done according to the way your suggest, they would be documentaries :)

If every Imperial Agent would be an a**, there would be no Han Solo, traitors or any other things. If all Rebels were heroes, no Bothans had to die for the plans and no sarcrifices had to be made.
According to the movies, Luke was about to join the Imperial Academy. And I don't think Luke is an a**hole :xp:

Maybe Juno was forced to do this? Maybe she hates the Empire?
Maybe the secret apprentice was forced to do this as well? A comon feeling between the two?

Anyways, Juno could still be a moral compass like Kreai was. She was dark sided as hell, but still....

PoiuyWired
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, joining the empire dones not equal evil. For starters there are some that thinks the empire is still better off than the corrupted so-called old republic. And yet many more are just honest folks getting a job.

The worst thing that can happen to the plot is juno being a rebel spy or something like that. I mean, that is down right cliche.

Personally I think what we need is more evil Alliance a-holes. I mean, there are way too many whitewash on the alliance side, esp during the Imperial era.

TKA-001
12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Personally I think what we need is more evil Alliance a-holes. I mean, there are way too many whitewash on the alliance side, esp during the Imperial era.
I'm pretty sure that if there's anything that the Rebels require to be on their members' resume, it's signs of whitewashiness. It's just how they do stuff.

GeneralPloKoon
12-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Alliance a-holes would be nice though....

TKA-001
12-18-2007, 08:09 AM
It's a nice thought to kick around, but It's just not in their character. After all, they are the good guys.

PoiuyWired
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, we KNOW that some of the members working for the alliance are not the typical goody two shoes. They are just not featured in stories. We know how many bothans are quite two-heanded, and that the smugglers and what not deals with all sorts of shady stuff on both sides and so and so. We also know that while quite reluctant the alliance would enlist problemetic people to work with them, as lone as their effectiveness outweights their nastiness in things, seeing that they are low on supplies of everykind and troops and what not.

Its just we don't see them alliance a-holes type featured in the stories. But hy we get to see the nice imperial guys, why not the bad alliances.

Nancy Allen``
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
How about Juno, or the Apprentice, fall, big time, only they can't handle it and go mad or kill themselves? It might sound a bit much, but c'mon, Vader killed kids, given the dark nature Star Wars is taking it might be a possibility.

TKA-001
12-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I doubt Lucasarts will do anything like that. It's too original.

DAWUSS
02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Possible plot twists:

Juno Eclipse gets turned off by the Apprentice and chases TK-151 instead.

The Apprentice gets fired (oh wait, wrong universe, scratch that)

The Apprentice gets noticed by Palpatine who uses him against Vader (Gotcha, sucka!)

The Apprentice falls to the dark side because an athlete got injured, and the injury ruined the Apprentice's fantasy season.

The Apprentice gets killed when the Rogue Shadow is destroyed by the Millenium Falcon.

Juno gets credit for everything in the game, and the Eclipse-class Star Destroyers are named in her honor as a result.

DeadYorick
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
God I hope its a good twist like Kotor and not a crappy Twist. Please god let Force Unleashed not change my outlook on Starwars as crappy game company

Serpentine Cougar
02-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Juno gets credit for everything in the game, and the Eclipse-class Star Destroyers are named in her honor as a result.
It is interesting that she shares their name; I wonder if it'll actually mean anything in the game. I'm guessing probably not, though.

LordSerion
02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Juno is the mother/sister of the Apprentice! (I know it's silly, but still...)

Ztalker
02-20-2008, 10:43 AM
LordSerion wrote:
...you are aware she's there to be the love interest, right? Incest in space ain't cool...although Luke and Leia almost...bah :xp:

PoiuyWired
02-21-2008, 02:37 PM
It is interesting that she shares their name; I wonder if it'll actually mean anything in the game. I'm guessing probably not, though.

She CAN be involved in tech projects later on in the Meow perhaps.

She would be too young to be the mom, even for a young mom. Would be funnier is she is the dad though ... :)

...you are aware she's there to be the love interest, right? Incest in space ain't cool...although Luke and Leia almost...bah :xp:

So its ok if they are NOT in space? Long long ago, in a trailerpark far far away...

Plus, yes, it would be ewwww of Luke/Leia goes beyond kissing... that may actually be the "secret: that drives Jacen to the darkside... Oh Shiii.

Well, being LucasArts it will never be anything too drastic/adventurous so we will not be seeing Mass Effect type scene with Juno, let alone Rockstar Games type actions. A good guess would be Vader training Sirron to be the "first of new Jedi" so one day Sirron can destroy the Sith, namely Palpy. Remember, Vader is into the whole Sith thing for the revival of Padme only at the time, so it would not be unreasonable if he would decide to revive the jedi order after he got what he needs.

TKA-001
02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
so it would not be unreasonable if he would decide to revive the jedi order after he got what he needs.
What?

Davinq
02-21-2008, 11:48 PM
What Poiuy means is that Vader never really was evil, just corrupted an isolated. It would be an interesting twist to the Star Wars story if it turned out that Vader was a 'good guy' all along, and was just biding his time for the right opportunity(ies) to destroy the Emperor, namely the Apprentice and Luke.

millinniummany3
02-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Not sure if this has been said already but people are crowing about Aayla Secura being in the game. There's a video where the developers are discussing the game and she is clearly seen fighting someone in one scene. Might that be one of the big twists that'll be revealed? If so how are they going to explain away the film?

adamqd
02-22-2008, 04:13 AM
She did get attacked by the clones on felucia, which is in the game, so maybe she somehow survived? (although you see a lot of blaster bolts go in to her back)

PoiuyWired
02-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Nope Secura is pretty dead. Pretty sure the clones would have searched her body inch by inch also... at least I would.

TKA-001
02-22-2008, 10:03 PM
What Poiuy means is that Vader never really was evil, just corrupted an isolated.
I don't think I explained myself properly. Let me try that again.

What the freaking hell?

Serpentine Cougar
02-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Well, Secura's death was kind of covered up by a plant, wasn't it? Maybe they'll use that somehow - I don't really see how, though....

millinniummany3
02-23-2008, 05:47 AM
Big question is how would she be in the game, given Revenge of the Sith?

TKA-001
02-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Probably because of the dozens of fanboys crying in anguish as the clones empty their guns into her back. They'll probably bring her back ala Quinlan Vos (or whatever his name is).

Jvstice
02-23-2008, 02:33 PM
In the Republic commando trilogy of books a jedi gets pregnant with one of the clone troopers. In return for Kal Skirkata's helping her keep her pregnancy a secret, she agrees to guarantee that this high force powered child will be raised in mandalorian traditions. My prediction for the big secret is that the apprentice is this child raised as a warrior, then awakened to his force potential by Vader and kept secret by him from the empire for use as his own personal weapon against the jedi, and perhaps one day, his master Palpatine.

DarthSomething
02-23-2008, 05:04 PM
In the Republic commando trilogy of books a jedi gets pregnant with one of the clone troopers. In return for Kal Skirkata's helping her keep her pregnancy a secret, she agrees to guarantee that this high force powered child will be raised in mandalorian traditions. My prediction for the big secret is that the apprentice is this child raised as a warrior, then awakened to his force potential by Vader and kept secret by him from the empire for use as his own personal weapon against the jedi, and perhaps one day, his master Palpatine.

This, I can see.

TKA-001
02-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Huzzah for Karen Travesty being taken as an inspirational source by other authors.

PoiuyWired
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Though the child would be younger than the Apprentice usually?

From what I remember this child is the product of Jedi mom and a clone trooper she "again" falls in love with, reason being her dead ex-lover is a clone trooper. The event seems to happen towards the end of the clone war, which would make this child AT BEST a couple years older than Luke.

I don't think I explained myself properly. Let me try that again.

What the freaking hell?

Yes. What I mean is that early Vader is not really into the whole Sith boohoo. He just want the skillz and technique to get hit chix0r back by any means necessary.

The best case scenerio would be Vader knowing that he is beyond salvation, so he would give the spark of lightside to someone else instead, while he would be happy if he can ever someday chill with his Padme zombie.

So basically after his plan to take down Palpy he may actually try to rebuild his own verson of the (corrupted) Jedi Order. Obviously this is all speculation. Since really Vader is too darn damaged to do anything after he nailed Palpy.

But it would be a thought if, say, Luke would join Vader early on and ganked Palpy and such. I guess it is not impossable that Vader would do things similar to Krayt by setting up a Jedi-isque system. Sure it would still be dark-side tinted at best, but its possable. I mean, the Sith Tinted Dark Jedi Jenessary training was running a corrupted mixture of jedi order with sith teachings early on. Granted, that is the case of a dark jedi trying to mask his sithy guidance to his followers.

Jvstice
02-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Well the clones had their DNA changed so that they aged at a faster rate than normal for a human, and Etain was force growing the child in her womb at a faster than normally human rate too. It's possible that for one of these reasons that the child grew up physically faster and would still be emotionally stunted like it says he is.

TKA-001
02-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Yes. What I mean is that early Vader is not really into the whole Sith boohoo. He just want the skillz and technique to get hit chix0r back by any means necessary.
As seen in dialogue right before Vader starts choking Padme in Episode 3, he was already wanting to kill Sidious and take over (not that that would be possible).

while he would be happy if he can ever someday chill with his Padme zombie.
I'm not sure what you meant to imply by that, but I don't want to think about it.

(Caution: SPOILERZ for the Episode 3 game follow! Ahoy!)

I've heard some people say that Vader in Episode 3 could've killed Palpatine and taken over. They think that BS alternate ending in the Episode 3 game could've actually worked.

The way it goes is that after Palpatine arrives on Mustafar, Vader finds him as he disembarks from his shuttle (it is important to note that Palpatine is as usual escorted by a bunch of clone troopers). Palpatine gives Vader a red lightsaber. Seconds after taking it, Vader turns it on by throwing it in the air and then catching it over the course of about ten or twenty seconds while Palpatine just stands there. He then stabs him in the gut. The clones just kind of stand there, but surprisingly they actually acknowledge what just happened. Vader then turns around and yells "THE GALAXY BELONGS TO ME[, BITCHES]!"

Of course, the cutscene ends mere seconds before the clones all gun him down.

Davinq
02-24-2008, 05:03 PM
^^^ Because they really could. 0.0

The theory with the clone/Jedi kid seems a bit far-fetched though. An obscure reference to some EU plot that suddenly changes the way everyone looks at Star Wars? Since when was LA known for subtlety? And how would an EU revelation change the way we look at the Star Wars films?

PoiuyWired
02-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Well... things like that COULD happen... 501st used to be a subtle fan stuff either, and now it is THE stormie.

But it is said that some characters and EU stuff is forced upon the EU writers to be used in future "Big" starwars projects, like Shaak Ti's survival. So some subtle EU stuff might also be one of those things, where the "original" EU writers would downplay since it is not what he would have envisioned it in the first place. We will never now...

Many Writers Tried to Write About Yoda's Origin As We Know It, And None Of Them Survive As GL Would Make Them Disappear Via The Enforces Of The Black Sun...

Ztalker
03-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Just found a 'strange' concept arts picture...

http://www.forceunleashed.net/images/conceptart/conceptart036.jpg

Of course it's just concept art...but what are a familiar looking hooded old Jedi on Tatooine and a little boy doing amongst the Tusken Raiders? And we see another Jedi 'saving them' or even sacrificing itself for them.

Is it too far-fetched to say...Luke and Obi-Wan rescue? Redemption by saving Vader's son?

PoiuyWired
03-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Well, that might be the SA, but there is the slim chance of the saber wielder being a pre-sithlord.

Well, the guy's face seems tattooed.

Serpentine Cougar
03-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Are you sure that's not a beard? The guy with the lightsaber reminds me of Ki-Adi-Mundi somehow...

Jeff
03-16-2008, 12:15 PM
The guy with the lightsaber could be the apprentice, because in most of the concept art shots we've seen he doesn't look the same, he's just a generic Jedi it seems.

uglytrain
03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
First post

I didn't read all of this thread so if I steal someone's idea I'm sorry in advance

I think the apprentice is Obi-Wan's kid

Ben trains Vader's kid and vice versa.

Qwerty Uiop
03-21-2008, 11:18 PM
This is from Wookieepedia.

In the Hasbro Vader's Secret Apprentice Evoluions pack, it stated the following: "A son of a fallen Jedi is abducted by Vader to be his Secret Apprentice. As a young adult, the apprentice must choose his destiny: Join Lord Vader and wipe out the remaining Jedi, or become a noble Jedi and bring hope to the galaxy."

I can prove that since I have the evolutions pack.

Jvstice
03-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Awesome! Etain's son it is.

Qwerty Uiop
03-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Awesome! Etain's son it is.

But I read in PlayStation Magazine that

both of the Apprentice's parents are Jedi.

As a side note, I think it would be cool to see characters like Jerec, Qu Rahn, and Morgan Katarn. Or if it spans enough years, Kyle Katarn.

Rev7
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, where have I been!?

That is some very interesting information that has been uncovered. One question though, who is "Etain"? Did I miss something? Thanks in advence to whoever answers my question.

~Rev

TKA-001
03-23-2008, 11:25 PM
As a side note, I think it would be cool to see characters like Jerec, Qu Rahn, and Morgan Katarn. Or if it spans enough years, Kyle Katarn.
I'd like to see Jerec (personally, I think the Apprentice should be killed by him in the end, regardless of the player's actions or capabilities), but the other three appearing as well would not be likely to mix well, considering the timeline.

PoiuyWired
03-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Morgan Katarn would make sense actually. Hackm SA might even be parent of Jaden.

Ctrl Alt Del
03-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Hackm SA might even be parent of Jaden.
Ugh.

Doc Valentine
03-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Morgan Katarn would make sense actually. Hackm SA might even be parent of Jaden.

I certainly hope not. That would be some pretty bad news for SA.