PDA

View Full Version : Bug in year 2 with scythe

Moryarity
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Hello everybody :) as you can see I am new to this board (English is not my mother tongue so please excuse any mistakes) and first of all, i want to apologise for not using the search function (with my 56k modem loading only one site takes my 2 minutes..so I hope you understand)

I have been playing the game right, when it was first published here in Germany..and now..several years later I am doing my third run :)

I still love it...thats the good news..the bad is a "bug" which I encountered the first time I played the game and it happened in the second year of the game:

After you locked the waiter in the larder and did all the other stuff, I went back to the larder and closed it again with my scythe (ok..I admit, it was not neccessary for any reason..but I simply did it)...and forgot my scythe right there...so I travelled into year 3...without my scythe..and was later oen unable to complete the game as my scythe was missing..

Did this happen to someone else of you?!?

Tall Guy
06-11-2007, 04:41 AM
in the many (many...) years i've been involved with this forum, i don't think i've ever come across that problem. i would have thought that you simply couldn't progress without picking the scythe up again. i wouldn't have thought manny would even leave the kitchen without it...

if that ever happens again, just get a save game from the beginning of year 3 and you'll easily be able to continue the game.

http://grimfandango.net/?page=saves

hope this helps friend :)

stewlil
06-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Are you sure? Manny Normally grabs his scythe when glottis lets out the waiter and hangs it on the wine casket.

VampireNaomi
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Someone else reported that same thing in the past, so it's definitely possible. I never tried it myself, though.

Tall Guy
06-11-2007, 05:18 PM
i'll have to remember to try it out next time i play through.