06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
ok win im playing, i go in a new area my screen gos black,
i can see my cruser but evay thing else is black
it dosent load, its just black,the music plays but thats all

any help wood me nice thxs

btw i have no mods in override or modules

Mindtwistah
06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I had this problem before. I just waited for about 3 min. Then it worked again.

Qui-Gon Glenn
06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, I can't help you with your issue, rancorman, but I am having a similar difficulty. Let me be specific, since the BioWare Forums don't support gamers that play modded KotOR.

SPOILERS ABOUND *****************************

After finishing the Unknown World, I go to the Galaxy Map on the EH. I click on the Star Forge, and the takeoff cutscene plays...

Then I get the black screen, with music playing in the background, and I keep waiting for Dodonna's voice or Vandar's, although it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly who I'm waiting to hear from. Nevertheless, the music plays through its track, and then replays, and I still have a black screen. The record will skip like this ad nauseam.

Interestingly, I still have my blue mouse arrow visible, and am able to select menu bar items at top and bottom, even though I can't see them. This will bring up the menu gui, but when I exit I go back to the black screen and the music.

I have never finished the game on this system, but I have with just about all the same mods installed on a different system. I have no other freezes like this, so....

Does anyone think a mod is to blame? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Help?

Edit: Looking at another thread, I figured out (thank you Qliveur) that the offending files in my case had to do with bastila.utp's. Removed them from overide, and problem solved

Shem
06-21-2007, 09:54 PM
ok win im playing, i go in a new area my screen gos black,
i can see my cruser but evay thing else is black
it dosent load, its just black,the music plays but thats all

any help wood me nice thxs

btw i have no mods in override or modulesTry using a cheat code. Sometimes that for some reason will clear it up.

Canderous_ordo1
06-22-2007, 05:22 AM
that sounds alot like whats been happening to me but instead of pc its xbox as i rember right after i finish the fight with jorak on korraiban the screen goes black still hear sound the thing i do is restart the system from the last save point

but if your useing a windows operating system
hold down windows m this will cause the computer to do an error find then restart that might get you out of trouble