PDA

View Full Version : Twi'leks, dancers and slavery

Fredi
06-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Mod note: Split rather long conversation from this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179505) since it didn't have much to do with the topic any more. ~M

A Twi-Lek dancer girl can rock you're world :D.... One of dose and make you very very happy!!

Titanius Anglesmith
06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
A Twi-Lek dancer girl can rock you're world :D.... One of dose and make you very very happy!!
All they're good for is sex. I'd rather be with someone who I could have a lasting relationship with.

PoiuyWired
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, A twi'lek dancing girl is good... for the action. But other than that they are not really interesting. Its like, if you are a millionaire you would keep a few of these as play toys, but thats about it. Granted, there ARE twi'lek females that can actually think and function and what not, like Mission, if she ever grows up (or things like Secura, but even she enjoys being a brat).

Thing is, if you want to have a girl that is functional anywhere outside the bedroom, twi'lek meatbags ain't it. And guess most of use agree about it here.

Mod note: Split from this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2331996&postcount=54) when off-topic conversation in that thread was split into a new thread. ~M

RedHawke
06-21-2007, 03:16 AM
All they're good for is sex. I'd rather be with someone who I could have a lasting relationship with.

Well, A twi'lek dancing girl is good... for the action. But other than that they are not really interesting. Its like, if you are a millionaire you would keep a few of these as play toys, but thats about it. Granted, there ARE twi'lek females that can actually think and function and what not, like Mission, if she ever grows up (or things like Secura, but even she enjoys being a brat).

Thing is, if you want to have a girl that is functional anywhere outside the bedroom, twi'lek meatbags ain't it. And guess most of use agree about it here.
You two care to back this schlock up with some proof... from what I understand Twilek females are no different from the Human ones in the relationship department.

Titanius Anglesmith
06-21-2007, 03:39 AM
You two care to back this schlock up with some proof... from what I understand Twilek females are no different from the Human ones in the relationship department.
Twi'lek dancers were the ones I was talking about, not Twi'lek females in general. I don't have any proof of this, it's just a feeling I get when I look at them. It could have something to do with how all of them have huge boobs and wear revealing clothing.

Windu Chi
06-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Well, A twi'lek dancing girl is good... for the action. But other than that they are not really interesting. Its like, if you are a millionaire you would keep a few of these as play toys, but thats about it
Toys I really would have fun playing with. :naughty:

You judge twi'leks to harshly, I don't think all them are good for sex only. :)
I think you can have them for lovers, too, they just would be good in the bed all
the time. :D
You probably won't get tired of them, as wives.

PoiuyWired
06-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Well, first off we are talking about Twi'lek DANCERS here, dancers being the keyword.

And yes for some reason Twi'lek females are instinctively(genetics?) more submissive and such, this is even recognised by Secura herself. Then again even Secura herself was brought up in Ryloth at her young age, so not sure if that is genetics or just influence from the Ryloth/Twi'lek culture where they tend to treat females as property and playthings. Obviously there are exceptions. Mission seems to be free of those mindsets, and I think there must be others too. They are just less common, more so when it comes to Twi'lek DANCERS.

Oh, they also have perfect(nearly) memories, which can be both a good and a bad thing. Imagine those arguments, and she brought back how you forgot to kiss her goodnight 3 years and 45 days ago or something.

True_Avery
06-21-2007, 06:46 AM
Mission is proof they have minds almost identicle to humans, and humans do the same thing in the world today. I meet girls who dance, have big boobs, and wear little clothing but I don't suddenly think that all they are worth, or what they see themselves as worth, is simply to exist for sex. Remember, these girl/women (Twilieks) are sold to slavery through a prejudice in Star Wars that aliens are worth less than humans. Some are taken as children, others are sold as adults by their boyfriends (As seen in Kotor on a few occations).

I'm sure all that all of those dancers want is to have someone actually love them. It is their job to dance, but as we have seen evidence of they are paid nothing in the process except when actually hired. I would put money on 4/5 Twileks dancing as slaves, and not by free will.

Humans in many cultures treat women as playthings and objects, but that doesn't make anybody who dances at bars or does naughty things in private incapable of free will.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on the Twilek matter.

SilentScope001
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Uh, doesn't Twi'lek dancers...you know dance? That's it? Merely dance over and over in a repetivie and utterly boring fashion and gets people to watch?

I have heard no proof whatsoevere that Twi'lek dancers actually do prositituion, or in fact, anything else but dance. It wasn't in the books at all, unless I am missing something.

In fact, when I talked to a Twi'lek dancer in the KOTOR series, she said, "Shh! I'm dancing!" It seems as though Twi'lek dancers just go and dance in a nice fashion, maybe even inspiring some feelings, but it also reveals that all they DO is dance. They don't even care about getting hit on or anything.

RedHawke
06-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Twi'lek dancers were the ones I was talking about, not Twi'lek females in general. I don't have any proof of this, it's just a feeling I get when I look at them. It could have something to do with how all of them have huge boobs and wear revealing clothing.
With all due respect you could say the same thing about a dancer in a bar here on earth, that doesn't make them less than anyone else. Or any less than normal.

Well, first off we are talking about Twi'lek DANCERS here, dancers being the keyword.

And yes for some reason Twi'lek females are instinctively(genetics?) more submissive and such, this is even recognised by Secura herself. Then again even Secura herself was brought up in Ryloth at her young age, so not sure if that is genetics or just influence from the Ryloth/Twi'lek culture where they tend to treat females as property and playthings. Obviously there are exceptions. Mission seems to be free of those mindsets, and I think there must be others too. They are just less common, more so when it comes to Twi'lek DANCERS.
This sounds like a bunch of fannon, I wouldn't put any weight behind it. As the rest of the EU and written materials would seem to disagree.

Twilek Dancers are specially trained in various dances, sex isn't really part of it. Twilek's sell their own people it is the main export of Ryloth actually, and Twilek female consorts are often property of powerful individuals in the Star Wars Galaxy as a status symbol (and yes they can be sexual), dancers are a seperate training.

The female Twilek's mental capabilities are not really commented on, not that I have seen and in the only instances I have available the D6 RPG they have the normal human range of mental capabilities.

Titanius Anglesmith
06-22-2007, 01:47 AM
I guess dancers are just like any normal person, I just meant that it appears the way I was saying. I can't look into their minds, so I can't tell what's really going on in there. :)

Emperor Devon
06-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Remember, these girl/women (Twilieks) are sold to slavery through a prejudice in Star Wars that aliens are worth less than humans. Some are taken as children, others are sold as adults by their boyfriends (As seen in Kotor on a few occations).

The slavery part maybe not so much. The Rights of Sentience act existed practically forever during the Republic, and banned any form of enslavement completely. Yes, it was abolished during the Imperial era and didn't exist outside of the Republic, but a lot of the Twi'lek dancers we see in KotOR are in planets where that law was in effect.

The sidequest where Ramana was sold as slavery doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, her bf didn't even officially own her or have any deed to her; that's like trying to sell your next-door-neighbor. :P (Either that or the slavers who would've kidnapped her were really dumb - why pay a guy who doesn't even own the person you've just taken a fair bit of money? Slaves are expensive)

It is their job to dance, but as we have seen evidence of they are paid nothing in the process except when actually hired. I would put money on 4/5 Twileks dancing as slaves, and not by free will.

Oh I don't know, I bet they make a lot from tips. :D

IMO we haven't really seen enough of Twi'lek dancers to make any assessment of them. Nearly all of the ones in KotOR just have a constant dance animation and one line of dialogue. We've never seen any evidence as to whether they're virgins or not or if they even care. :P

Totenkopf
06-22-2007, 04:17 AM
The sidequest where Ramana was sold as slavery doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, her bf didn't even officially own her or have any deed to her; that's like trying to sell your next-door-neighbor. :P (Either that or the slavers who would've kidnapped her were really dumb - why pay a guy who doesn't even own the person you've just taken a fair bit of money? Slaves are expensive)

Yeah, but when do crooks pay much attention to the law? Still, looked at logically, you're quite correct about how it seems out of place. Perhaps she wrongly believed Doton Het to be part of the Exchange. There were probably even Republic laws that forbid the attempted selling of Juhani into slavery, but that didn't stop it from being tried. When it comes to organized crime, the fear of possible ugly consequences might be enough to cause a potentially submissive female (or anyone really) to acquiesce. O'course the expense of a slave is relative to how much care you put into their welfare. The other funny thing is that if you wait long enough, it seems that Ramana can raise enough in tips to secure her own freedom or at least reimburse the exile if he pays for her freedom. Meh.....it's only a game afterall. ;)

Emperor Devon
06-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Oh, I don't doubt that there's organized crime or slave cartels operating in the Republic (inevitable when it's a flourishing trade outside its borders and the Republic is the biggest nation in the galaxy).

Still doesn't explain why Doton accepted a person what's-his-face didn't own a form of repayment, though. It would make more sense to kidnap the girl, and then demand legitimate payment from him anyway (as in the kind he actually owns). :p

There were probably even Republic laws that forbid the attempted selling of Juhani into slavery, but that didn't stop it from being tried.

It's actually possible that slavery occurred when Taris was occupied by the Mandalorians (who cared little for slavery). I don't think Revan would've paid it a visit if it was a neutral/controlled planet. Or it was done illegally - slavery and general lawlessness seems to be pretty common on Taris.

True_Avery
06-22-2007, 06:49 AM
It's actually possible that slavery occurred when Taris was occupied by the Mandalorians (who cared little for slavery). I don't think Revan would've paid it a visit if it was a neutral/controlled planet. Or it was done illegally - slavery and general lawlessness seems to be pretty common on Taris (though this is all rather off-topic :P)
Either Revan had one hell of a conscience, which might be likely, or the pushing the Mandalorians off the planet -and- taking the exchange out was a good way, in her/his mind, to "look good" in front of the civilians and regular people (alien and human) to gain a little more influence, maybe?

Oh, I don't doubt that there's organized crime or slave cartels operating in the Republic (inevitable when it's a flourishing trade outside its borders and the Republic is the biggest nation in the galaxy).
As I have noted on a few different areas and planets, the underground crime groups have usually a lot more control than the local law enforcement. He placed his girlfriend up for bet, lost, and the crime group saw that as reason enough to take her regardless of forms or not. You threaten both the girl and the boyfriend, and both stay quiet and don't complain. Czerka was enslaving wookies right under the republics nose, crime groups take women and manipulate them into "slavery", and even the sith and republic take up their hands in crime to get an advantage over each other.

But your right, this is off topic. Shall we start a thread on Star Wars crime or just drop it?

Totenkopf
06-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Still doesn't explain why Doton accepted a person what's-his-face didn't own a form of repayment, though.

You probably answer your own question below....

Oh I don't know, I bet they make a lot from tips. :D ;)

stoffe
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Mod note: I've split the twi'lek dancer conversation from the Mira vs. Bastila (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179505) thread into this new thread, since it didn't have much to do with that topic and deserves a thread of its own. :)

Marauder's Fury
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Girls with certain makeup and hairstyles who wear a stupid smile on their face and laugh at things whether they're funny or not are likely to be airheads, according to many people in many parts of the world. Especially if they have a sexually attractive appearance and...er...big boobs. Anyway, you get the gist of it. Just look at the Twi'lek females you come across in any Star Wars movie/book/game. They're meant to give us that impression.

They may or may not be airheads. But their looks (and in most cases, attitude) make you think they're more likely airheads.

Fredi
06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
C'mon dose women are only doing their Job! :D:Dlol

GarfieldJL
06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Either Revan had one hell of a conscience, which might be likely, or the pushing the Mandalorians off the planet -and- taking the exchange out was a good way, in her/his mind, to "look good" in front of the civilians and regular people (alien and human) to gain a little more influence, maybe?

I would think Revan hadn't fallen when he had taken Taris, or maybe he just didn't like the idea of slavery to begin with and it ticked him off. Remember Revan never authorized the destruction of Telos, that was Malak as was Taris. Revan even though he was Malak's master he hadn't fallen as far as his apprentice.

Citadel station was too overwhelmed to enforce everything, they desperately needed help from the Republic.

Also supposedly Twi'lek dancers that weren't slaves could make a ton of mone relatively quickly. Which leads me to suspect that was why they were so sought after as slaves.

True_Avery
06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I would think Revan hadn't fallen when he had taken Taris, or maybe he just didn't like the idea of slavery to begin with and it ticked him off. Remember Revan never authorized the destruction of Telos, that was Malak as was Taris. Revan even though he was Malak's master he hadn't fallen as far as his apprentice.
Maybe. There is a quote from Kreia on this that was cut from the game I think:

"It was always intended for the Jedi to retreat to Telos should Dantooine be attacked—taking all their lore with them. We could not allow the tragedy at Ossus to happen again. Such an act marked Telos for destruction. It is why the Sith came here, though the fleet commanders did not know why. It is why Revan ordered its destruction to mark the beginning of the Jedi Civil War. It was a message that there would be no place for the Jedi to retreat, to hide." -Kreia

Malak may have given the order, but Malak probably got orders from Revan to go ahead with it anyway. Although it is from Kreia, and most people don't see her words having any truth, but I personally take in everything Kreia says because until said otherwise her assumptions are most likely canon.

As I said, there is a probability that Revan pushed the Exchange off of Taris because Revan didn't believe it was right, but Revan may have also done it for publicity. Kicking a crime organization off of a planet that is enforcing slavery looks pretty damn good on the local news, especially when you are trying to get rank and support from the Republic.

Citadel station was too overwhelmed to enforce everything, they desperately needed help from the Republic.
What does Citadel Station have to do with anything? About the boyfriend/girlfriend thing on Telos? A little confused.

GarfieldJL
06-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe. There is a quote from Kreia on this that was cut from the game I think:

"It was always intended for the Jedi to retreat to Telos should Dantooine be attacked—taking all their lore with them. We could not allow the tragedy at Ossus to happen again. Such an act marked Telos for destruction. It is why the Sith came here, though the fleet commanders did not know why. It is why Revan ordered its destruction to mark the beginning of the Jedi Civil War. It was a message that there would be no place for the Jedi to retreat, to hide." -Kreia

Malak may have given the order, but Malak probably got orders from Revan to go ahead with it anyway. Although it is from Kreia, and most people don't see her words having any truth, but I personally take in everything Kreia says because until said otherwise her assumptions are most likely canon.

As I said, there is a probability that Revan pushed the Exchange off of Taris because Revan didn't believe it was right, but Revan may have also done it for publicity. Kicking a crime organization off of a planet that is enforcing slavery looks pretty damn good on the local news, especially when you are trying to get rank and support from the Republic.

I think that was cut from the game cause it didn't make sense due to KotOR 1, and Revan would have been more precise if he wanted to blow something up, or he would have had people waiting for the Jedi Knowledge to be delivered to his lap. As HK-47 points out Malak was an angry club.

What does Citadel Station have to do with anything? About the boyfriend/girlfriend thing on Telos? A little confused.
Meaning that they didn't have the resources to uncover the slave thing on Citadel, all they could do was barely maintain some order.

PoiuyWired
06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, Slavery is illegal RL, but doesn't stop it from happening in some parts of the planet.

Point, Slavery is quite real in the galaxy far far away, and some planets/species are quite willing to sell their people into slavery in return for things, credits or otherwise.

Obviously the effort to clean up such actions differs from planet to planet, and some species are easier to be overlooked than the others, as we know that descrimination is also quite real in the galaxy far far away. Places like Onderon would probably deal with slavers and the like quick and harsh, while liberal places like Nar Sharrda obviously ignores such things, or more likely, supports it.

And seriously, the republic does not have enough resources to go around dealing with such actions, especially if the local authorities are not cooperative. Sometimes, they would just tolerate things if it does not go too out of hand. Remember, republic does not like planets leaving. And many planets would rebel if the rules are taken too tightly. Also, there are quite some planets that are NOT under republic rule, liek the Hutt Space and what not.

Nancy Allen``
06-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Ugh, men. And Hutts, you want something that gives me the creeps that'll do nicely. Gimme Revan rather than some alien slave any day. My type of Twi'lek is this...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/200px-Vibroblade.jpg

...or this...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/ja_comic_rop_lrg_03.jpg

...or since we're discussing slavery, this.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/box-l-1.jpg

Here's hoping for a sequal where Rianna seeks payback. Beats the likes of Bib Fortuna that's for sure.

PoiuyWired
06-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Regarding Female Twi'lek and Slavery:
“We females are virtually bred to be frivolous – good only as slaves, playthings, or pampered princess! Despite my training, playint the part of the ‘spoiled brat’ was shockingly easy” -- Aayla Secura comments on her disguise as Tuulaa Ooneeta the Rich Twi’lek Paris Hilton

Well, Mission and Secura are cool Twi’leks. 

Rianna… Well, sad to say she kinda sucks. The game sucks, both versions(and I did finish them hoping it to get better, minigames are ok on NDS though) There is also something lacking in her style and character. Her background gives so much potential, but those are just, backgrounds… and are rarely developed. Yeah, she kill that bastard, that’s about it.

Obviously the “themepark” type character cameo, and yet another person tossed in the DeathStar1 plans would only make it worse. I kinda like Zeeo her sidekick droid though. In a way he has evenmore personality than the girl herself. That is all in addition to her less than attractive facial build in some scenes(the moves are cool looking, though impractical) jerky movement, and a need of a Lekku with a more “life-like” texture where she can probably order from realdolls.

Nancy Allen``
06-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure if Aayla is lamenting here or simply telling it as it is, but I would be very surprised if she doesn't want to stick her lightsaber into some Hutt slaver, Jedi be damned.

Unfortunetly I haven't played Lethal Alliance, but I gotta say the cover art makes a hell of a first impression. I said it before and I'll say it again, my jaw would drop off if this was redone for Aayla and the Clonetroopers. But yeah, the Death Star plans have been very much a hot potato, I know they went from Kyle Katarn to Rianna to Leia and I'm sure I missed a couple.

PoiuyWired
06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Well, Aayla does talk alot about how she would try to overpower some of her Twi'lek instants. Granted, not all of them I bad. As placed as an example by his master, the instint to hide and cover up yielding to a sandstorm of Ryloth is a good thing. But being a slave pet definite IS NOT, other than for disguise purpose.

Well, The whole LEthal/Deadly Alliance thing have a few nice pieces of posters. Well, that is actually the reason why I buy the two games in the same go(call me stupid). I mean, thruout the game I keep hoping for a nice plot twist, but non is really given.
But other than a few flashy moves (like the stealth kill Tenchu moves) there is hardly anything visually impressive either. Boss design is barely acceptable. Some of them are quite dumb even. AI is weak. A bunch of bounty hunting robots... o.O And the few artworks you see are all the eyecandy there is, nothing new thru-out the game. The "dodge the traffic" stages can be flashy, but also quite boring once you finish them for the first time. Replayability sucks. And multiplayer is sucky also. It is like someone take a game like SOTE, dumb it down even more, and port it to the handhelds. And SOTE definitely have way more interesting parts in the story. While Rianna's story can be summed up in a single issue of comic max.

Oh, Kyle shows up in the game also, so maybe he actually got hold of some DS plans(parts) already(personally I don't cvare for the shaved/unshavd Kyle inconsistancy, people can decide to change their shaves hair for a while).

Fredi
07-24-2007, 02:47 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/box-l-1.jpg

This is the first Orange Twi-Lek I have seen in my life.

Prime
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
There are some in KOTOR.

adamqd
07-24-2007, 12:02 PM
There's a Caucasian one outside the opera house in ROTS too

Sabretooth
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
This is the first Orange Twi-Lek I have seen in my life.

Welcome to ze world of the Star Wars.

PoiuyWired
07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Twi'lek comes in a great variety of colors. Things like brownish to yellow to black to ivory to white to the more normally seen green. The hot Turcose Blue like Aayla Secura/Mission/etc is actually quite a rare shade, Ruthian as they call it. The exotic and hot Red (aka Darth Telon) shade is also really rare, called lethan. So you should be proud if you get to date one of those beauties.

But I have to agree, she seems to be one of the less beautiful Twi'lek out there. Her milkshake kicks ass though, and the way she moves... Though once you hit the personality section its a whole other story.

Fredi
07-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Well meaby I have seen one in kotor but I really dont remember I should check

Totenkopf
07-24-2007, 06:18 PM
The twilek female w/the Black Vulkars was orange. One of the slaves at Davik's was also somewhat orange as well.

Web Rider
07-24-2007, 08:35 PM
You know, somehow a "are Twi'lek females better for relationships or sex?" topic is both surprising, and not surprising to find here.

Totenkopf
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Such topics are inevitable where horny young guys/fanboys congregate.

Web Rider
07-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Such topics are inevitable where horny young guys/fanboys congregate.

and don't forget the female-oriented females. Though I'm sure they'd much rather be with their girlfriends than on this forum. Which would explain why none of us guys here have girlfriends.

Sabretooth
07-25-2007, 02:20 AM
*reads last 3 posts*

Now that is an intelligent discussion. Seriously.

RedHawke
07-26-2007, 02:33 AM
^^^^
Agreed!

Come on folks back on topic...

Ctrl Alt Del
07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
and don't forget the female-oriented females. Though I'm sure they'd much rather be with their girlfriends than on this forum. Which would explain why none of us guys here, aside from a few exceptions that confirms the rule, have girlfriends.

Fixed. ;)

Yes, the Twi'leks sells their own people, it's the base of their economy somehow, as RedHawke said. But the fact we can see a lot of Twi'lek dancers, and powerful, influent people that own them comes from the fact that they're highly regarded as dancers. It's like having a collection of French perfumes or Cuban cigarettes.

That's instinctively on the Twi'leks, since a great deal of their communication comes from body language and the movements of their lekku. Don't actually mean they are raised for that.

Jedi MasterRoot
07-26-2007, 03:39 PM
from what i read on the first page(i normally only read the 1st) it sounds like your just talking about them as they are programed in the game. If they were real they would be just like the females in general but with a sexy job:) they would still think and feel like a human. And let me ask u, do u really think EVERY dancer would go for a "one night stand" or be a "toy"? Because I sure don't.

adamqd
07-26-2007, 04:19 PM
do u really think EVERY dancer would go for a "one night stand" or be a "toy"? Because I sure don't.

Agreed, me and my mates went to a strip joint for a Stag night, and although they act interested do you really think a hot young women/Twilek finds a sweaty drunk who has to pay for pretend sexual attention attractive? I doubt it lol,

Web Rider
07-26-2007, 08:04 PM
from what i read on the first page(i normally only read the 1st) it sounds like your just talking about them as they are programed in the game. If they were real they would be just like the females in general but with a sexy job:) they would still think and feel like a human. And let me ask u, do u really think EVERY dancer would go for a "one night stand" or be a "toy"? Because I sure don't.

I think some people were covering some actual lore from the SW books or at least the SW Wiki.

But, this brings me to an interesting point, if the Twi'Leks sell their own people into slavery, and it's apparently a great business, wouldn't there also be a great market for breeders? I mean, those hot babes gotta come from somebody.

The "Mission Conundrum" people seem to be brining up I think is in large part due to her living a majority of her life on Taris, and, of course, having a wookie as a personal body guard.

Ben Bryddia
09-07-2007, 04:16 AM
:greeThe info pointed out earlier about many Twi'lek women being raised to be spoiled brats comes directly from Clone Wars Volume 4 Light and Dark. Not to say that all twi'lek girls are scatter brains (that goes without saying!) examples include, Yuthura Ban, Nolaa Tarkona, Darth Talon, Xiaan Amersu, Deeshra'cor and the like. I think part of what makes Twi'lek gals act so debached (besides the steriotype and culture on Ryloth) is that they feel rather lonely. This asumption is based off of what Alema Rar says in Legacy of the Force 6 Sacrifice, about how she was so mad at leia becuase Leia spoiled her looks and destroyed the company that was her Killik nest. As a general thing I would not say that Twi'lek dancers aren't as incredibly stupid as the early posts on this thread said. Take for instance the dancer Revan can help get a job with that travelling entertainer group. Next may I point out that Hara's girlfriend and also Lena seemed to have quite enough sense to ditch the guys they were with and head out on thier own. May I also point out the young dancer who accompanied Oola Tarkona on her trip to Tatooine? She was younger and theoretically more nieve than Oola, but she had the sense to get while the getting was good when Luke tried to rescue them both from Jabba's agents. Oola refused to be rescued and became racor chow. (Tales From Jabba's Palace.) On the other lekku there are some Twi'lek dancers who are just as debuached as they often look. Take for example the one who offers to spend the night with Jango :jango: at the Twirling Twi'lek bar. (Either the comic book Jango Fett or Zam Wissel, can't remember.) I would say that Twi'leks are similar to humans, you get a mixed bag of the most varrying sort. :mult1: (Wookiedpedia should have info on most of the above mentioned.)

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

Rogue Warrior
09-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I would like to see a Twi'lek uprising against slavers.

PoiuyWired
09-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Not possable. Cause Twi'leks themselves are also the slavers. IOW, Twi'leks accept slavery as part of their culture, and uses slaves and what not within their own social structure. And it also seems that there is no specific slave caste within the Twi'lek society, despite the relatively large population of slave export.

Rogue Warrior
09-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Shame. It should reach a point where they refuse to take it anymore.

Ben Bryddia
10-15-2007, 12:23 AM
A Twilek slave uprising? Fun ;) can that be in KotOR 3? We could totaly destroy Slheyrons econemy if we instigated one of those. But that's just wishful thinking. PoiuyWired is very correct though, slavery is an integratel and accepted aspect of Twilek culture as a whole. The Rite of Passage stary arch mentions this in the prologue.

Nancy Allen``
11-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Damn. For those who know the Punisher I love the Slavers storyline, and would have loved the opportunity to send out a holocron of a Hutt that was torched as a warning against slavery.

PoiuyWired
11-24-2007, 04:27 PM
You Wicked You!!!

Hutts should be deep fried, not torched. Torching a Hutt is severe fire hazard... grease fire.

Nancy Allen``
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
McDonalds fries heater = Hutt coffin.

JediMasterJambi
12-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Lol. :smash:
I think the mind-set in which all Twi'leks are dancers and slaves is comparable to certain stereotypes of today. All Canadians say "eh?", all French speak like Lumiere, all Americans are George W. Bush, all blondes are dumb, size 12 sneakers = huge dong,...the list continues. None of those statements are universal, of course. If you actually go and visit America, Canada, or France, you see how wrong the stereotypeing is. They should add Ryloth into Kotor 3 ^,^ BUT, I digress, back to my original opinon on this topic...Lol. :smash:

PoiuyWired
12-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Except the blonde part... :)

Actually, male twi'leks usually don't do dancers... Granted, there are good looking males, and would probably make good dancers if someone would take the time to train ... But so far we don't see any Fontuna pole-dancing, or Orn Free Tae Belly Dancing. Slaves for export seems to be mostly females, or mayber some male crossdressers (as Ackbar have said "It's a Trap!")

Which I always wonder. It is quite possable that naturally there is more female twi'leks than males by genetics. I mean, else there won't be enough females to go around for everyone. Then again, there are also much more female 'twi'leks than males on screen. So far only 2 normal males, and Tae is a freak and mutant with 4 headworms(what do you call those anyways, a pair would be "lekku" or "tchun-tchin" but FOUR? "tchun-tchun-tchin-tchin"?).

Thing is, there can be slave uprising and such in Ryloth, but that won't end slavery. All that means if successful is that the former slaves would be free and become masters, and the former masters sold into slavery instead.

Web Rider
12-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Except the blonde part... :)

Actually, male twi'leks usually don't do dancers... Granted, there are good looking males, and would probably make good dancers if someone would take the time to train ... But so far we don't see any Fontuna pole-dancing, or Orn Free Tae Belly Dancing. Slaves for export seems to be mostly females, or mayber some male crossdressers (as Ackbar have said "It's a Trap!")

Which I always wonder. It is quite possable that naturally there is more female twi'leks than males by genetics. I mean, else there won't be enough females to go around for everyone. Then again, there are also much more female 'twi'leks than males on screen. So far only 2 normal males, and Tae is a freak and mutant with 4 headworms(what do you call those anyways, a pair would be "lekku" or "tchun-tchin" but FOUR? "tchun-tchun-tchin-tchin"?).

Thing is, there can be slave uprising and such in Ryloth, but that won't end slavery. All that means if successful is that the former slaves would be free and become masters, and the former masters sold into slavery instead.

Perhaps there are certain "colors" of twilek, such as the blue and green ones that seem rather common that are more prone to multiple births or female children? I always wondered what the difference in color made. I mean, I know what it does for human genetics, it's based on light needed vs light received to generate Vitamin D.

Ben Bryddia
02-15-2008, 02:16 AM
PoiuyWired, were there a Twilek reading this he would be most irrate with you. Calling lekku headworms! As for your comment on Orn being a mutant, Twileks consider multitudes of lekku increadibly attractive. One reason why Aayla was atrracted to Kit Fisto no doubt. Just kidding about Kit and Aayla.

Actually, Rutian and Lethian (blue and red) Twileks are the rarest where skin pigment is concirned. Tan, green, off-white, and other drabber colors seem far more common, possibly thanks to the fact that the first two Twileks (Oola and Bib) were those colors mentioned first. George Lucas may have decided to start using more colorful Twileks for the prequel films. He seems to be growing more exenctric with age... in any case, I like the material in Expanded Universe a lot more than the films.

But, back on subject. It may well be that there are more female Twileks than males, or it could be we simply see more females than males.
Assuming the natives of Ryloth export their own people, it seems reasonable that they export a greater number of females than males.
Or another factor could be involved. Take for instance the fact that one rarely sees a Devaronian female off their homeworld, whereas one sees the males much more frequently due to the fact that the males are plagued by wander lust.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

PoiuyWired
02-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Hmm... Devaronian would be an interesting example... though for the common folks they would not even no the Female Devaronian as being one, due to their differences in their dimorphic looks. Plus, if I remember right the Devaronian population is not a 1 to 1 proportion either. Granted this would make sense since the wanderlust of the males would send them all over the galaxy, increasing their casualty rate by quite a bit.

But given that Twi'leks do enjoy working would the (shadowy) outside worlds all over the place I would think that male's intension to not travel would not be a problem. Though I would say that a female Twi'lek easily steals the spotlight compare to the males. Maybe its just thqat females off-world often works in places where they can be seen, while males prefers more of the background.

But yeah, I don't know about the multiple headworms backstory. Though I do think that Kit and Aayla would indeed make a lovely pair. In fact, I think they would be THE pair if not for thw whole war thing, and Aayla's heart being also attracted Vos. But hey, everyone likes the badboy type.