PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] The Coruscant Mod

Pages : [1] 2

Coola
07-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Hello all, awhile back i posted about a production I was starting, to make the planet of Coruscant available to play in KOTOR 1.
Just posting about a couple of things.

The story is as follows: As you continue your quest for the Star Forge, a short drop in at the galatic center planet Coruscant will lead you to save millions of lives. After arriving, you will learn of a plot to ignite a war between two vicious bounty hunter groups. You must pick a side, help the local population, and stop the Sith from undermining the Republic's power...

I've made a teaser trailer and while it only shows a small percentage of whats been done/going to be done, I think it still works pretty good. You can watch it on YouTube via here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6W3mzfJGqA)

I'm holding a little opportunity to be an extra character in the mod. Nothing fancy, just a simple character in the cantina who incorporates(sp?) your personality and look. Just email me via instructions on the main site here (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/)
Or by replying to this post.

I'm still looking for sub stories and little things that people want in the mod. You can reach me:
By contacting me via instructions here (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/supportfaqs.htm)
Or by replying to this post.

For updated information on the mod, visit the projects website at http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/

Anyway if you have any suggestions/comments on the mod, please let me know

UPDATE on whats been happening in this topic:
Fellow modders Quanon and DarthDredge are providing reskinning on modules and characters. Huge thanks goes out to them. Check out their work in the later pages of this topic. You WON'T regret it!

UPDATE 2:
New teaser trailer released to show off Quanon's work. Watch it here (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/secondteaser.html).

glovemaster
07-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Wow, looks pretty awesome ;) I always wanted to see Coruscant in KotOR and your storyline is ace! :D

sekan
07-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Awesome :thmbup1: I have always wanted a Corusant mod for k1.

Zerimar Nyliram
07-03-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't understand. I didn't see Coruscant in that trailer at all, or any new footage, for that matter. All I saw were Davik's estate, the Taris Upper and Lower Cities, and the Sandral Estate. (Scratches head.)

rgdelta
07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
He is using those modules but you did not see the republic ship (not the sith ship taking off) and jedi's and republics walking around not sith and bounty hunters?

Zerimar Nyliram
07-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I noticed all of that, I just didn't see any new locations.;)

Coola
07-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I noticed all of that, I just didn't see any new locations.;)

Theres not going to be any NEW places per say. Im using old modules and making them into Coruscant. From what I can tell, you cannot make TOTALLY new areas anyway. Even if you could, its not really a job one guy can handle on his own

On the project site, in the features page theres a small list of what modules being used for what area.

Ztalker
07-04-2007, 08:54 AM
It's impossible to create new place. Even the Ord Mantell mod from Redhawke 'recycled' other modules.

It looks fantastic though, everything seems to work just fine. Keep it up :D

Darth_vilas
07-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Will the jedi Tempel be there?(even just the council?)

Rinku
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
You did a good job! A couple suggestions though, try doing stuff like Redhawk (make the atmosphere of the place different) also (I don’t know if you can but) try changing the color of the paces so it is not so recognizable, make some custom clothes, models of Jedi, items/weapons (that are only available here). But nice job!!!!!!!

Coola
07-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Will the jedi Tempel be there?(even just the council?)

The main room we all know from the movies where the council sits is not there. Simply because no module currently does it justice. However, if you can think of a module that suits it, let me know. You can walk around areas in the Temple though.

You did a good job! A couple suggestions though, try doing stuff like Redhawk (make the atmosphere of the place different) also (I don’t know if you can but) try changing the color of the paces so it is not so recognizable, make some custom clothes, models of Jedi, items/weapons (that are only available here). But nice job!!!!!!!

Thanks for your suggestions. As I have said, the mod is still very much in production. The trailer hardly portrays what the mod will look like in the end.

Thanks everyone

Darth_vilas
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Could you make in the temple more hangers? Like you put the Davik estate Hanger in there like 3 or 4 times? ! for the hawk. And the rest for jedi who will come and go.

o, Why are the sith on Corusant? I thought they never got that far.

Coola
07-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Could you make in the temple more hangers? Like you put the Davik estate Hanger in there like 3 or 4 times? ! for the hawk. And the rest for jedi who will come and go.

I could try that, but then every hanger will have the Ebon Hawk.

o, Why are the sith on Corusant? I thought they never got that far.

The Sith have infiltrated the Lower City. They aren't working in a very large numbers, but some sith are trying to undermine the Republic's power.

Master Zionosis
07-05-2007, 11:33 AM

HAHA :lol: I don't know why but that was really funny, lol.

Anyway, I've been meaning to post in here for a while now, first brilliant progress so far, I can't wait to try out the first beta, the only thing thats bugging me is how you aren't going to be re skinning the modules, I think it would make it look so much better. Darth InSidious wrote a great tutorial on how to reskin modules for K1 in case you change your mind :D

Gargoyle King
07-05-2007, 06:24 PM
HAHA :lol: I don't know why but that was really funny, lol.

Anyway, I've been meaning to post in here for a while now, first brilliant progress so far, I can't wait to try out the first beta, the only thing thats bugging me is how you aren't going to be re skinning the modules, I think it would make it look so much better. Darth InSidious wrote a great tutorial on how to reskin modules for K1 in case you change your mind :DThere are a few reskinned modules MZ (and very good reskins by the look of the screenshots on Coola's website). However the parts of 'Coruscant' such as the Upper City are just straight stock modules from Taris, there doesn't need to be a dramatic change just perhaps a new skybox to get rid of the old Taris backgrounds (is it even possible to create new skybox textures?). However as it stands (reskinned or not) it will most definately be an awesome mod, i especially can't wait to play the part of the warring Bounty Hunter factions, should be very entertaining! :D

Keep up the amazing work Coola! :thumbsup:

Master Zionosis
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
No i don't think there is any reskinned modules, Coola said himself there isn't any reskinned modules in the FAQs, here (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/supportfaqs.htm). The last in the FAQ. So i don't beleive there is because i don't see any changes.

And to answer your question you can create new skyboxes as they are just images and can be altered through the module's .are file.

Gargoyle King
07-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Oops, why did i think that? :lol:
Sorry MZ, i just assumed atleast some of the modules would have been reskinned. Maybe reskins would fit in nicely with this mod then, to add to the uniqueness of the modules and the quality of the mod.

Master Zionosis
07-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Oops, why did i think that?
Sorry MZ, i just assumed atleast some of the modules would have been reskinned. Maybe reskins would fit in nicely with this mod then, to add to the uniqueness of the modules and the quality of the mod.

No probs :)

Just a suggestion Coola, maybe you could change outer Corucant to night time, and also change the skybox to stars or something, similar to Gscc's Reign of the Sith mod.

Coola
07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks so far for all your comments and suggestions

No probs :)

Just a suggestion Coola, maybe you could change outer Corucant to night time, and also change the skybox to stars or something, similar to Gscc's Reign of the Sith mod.

From the looks of it, when I do finish making all the missions and everything else is fine, I'll be doing all the touch ups on the modules. I may try some of your suggestions, and I was going to change the skybox.

For now I havn't got any plans to reskin the places, however I will probably do so once everything else is done :)

Quanon
07-06-2007, 06:05 AM
If you want I can make you some nice nightsky star-filled skybox + some moons if you like those to ;)

Or point you to some nice tutorials how to create such things in Photoshop :D

So far your looks very nice :) , only thing left to say is keep up the good work .

Coola
07-06-2007, 07:23 PM
If you want I can make you some nice nightsky star-filled skybox + some moons if you like those to ;)

Or point you to some nice tutorials how to create such things in Photoshop :D

So far your looks very nice :) , only thing left to say is keep up the good work .

Thanks, If you really want to you can give it a shot. If it looks better than my first attempt (looks like your in a box), then I might include it :thumbsup:

glovemaster
07-07-2007, 03:54 AM
looking good ;) I would suggest not crowding the sky with stars because there is an atmosphere and maybe they still have an ozone layer ;) :lol: I think you should try and get some traffic to put on the sky-box to give it the coruscant-feel.

Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 06:05 AM
I don't think you can have an animated skybox, but that would be good, and when I said stars I didn't mean literally covered with stars.

Salzella
07-07-2007, 12:14 PM
this looks like it could be so awesome from what i saw on the trailer, though as has been said, re-skinning etc will improve it no end. i think the use of modules is pretty creative as it is. good work.

sekan
07-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I think it's rather strange the nobody else had done a coruscant mod. Many people may had an idea, some have pheraps has tried to make a courscant mod, i dont know... still you have Taris uppercity modules that dont need much reskinning.
Good that somebody finally a making a coruscant mod.

Gargoyle King
07-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I think it's rather strange the nobody else had done a coruscant mod. Many people may had an idea, some have pheraps has tried to make a courscant mod, i dont know... still you have Taris uppercity modules that dont need much reskinning.
Good that somebody finally a making a coruscant mod.Well Gsccc attempted Coruscant in his expansion beta "A New Foe" to his storyline mod "Reign of the Sith". For a Beta, it wasn't bad and there were some changes to the reused Taris modules (if memory serves me, i think the skyboxes where changed to a night backdrop; it made quite the difference in terms of appearance).

Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Well Gsccc attempted Coruscant in his expansion beta "A New Foe" to his storyline mod "Reign of the Sith". For a Beta, it wasn't bad and there were some changes to the reused Taris modules (if memory serves me, i think the skyboxes where changed to a night backdrop; it made quite the difference in terms of appearance).

Yes that would be correct, he changed the backdrop to night one, and changed the lighting I think.

L0rdReV@n88
07-07-2007, 01:34 PM
looking good from the video another i cant wait for good luck

Quanon
07-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll have a go at it , but I'll re-install Kotor I first . So I can have a good look at Bioware's skybox-textures . And does anyone know if there are certain shaders apllied to the skybox and what their names are ?
Here some old examples of things I made (hope you like :) ) :

Master Zionosis
07-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Very good and artistic, though skyboxes are basically a picture of different types of sky's so there won't be a massive planet in the picture, but they do look really good.

sekan
07-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Very good work :thmbup1:

Salzella
07-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Well Gsccc attempted Coruscant in his expansion beta "A New Foe" to his storyline mod "Reign of the Sith". For a Beta, it wasn't bad and there were some changes to the reused Taris modules (if memory serves me, i think the skyboxes where changed to a night backdrop; it made quite the difference in terms of appearance).
seems to me that would look somewhat like the entertainment sector of Coruscant from the Bounty Hunter game, for those who have played it. most definitely a good thing.

Coola
07-07-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't think you can have an animated skybox
Nope, I dont think you can

I think it's rather strange the nobody else had done a coruscant mod
I thought the same thing. Its the one planet that was being requested left, right and center.

Here some old examples of things I made
Wow, those do look pretty well done. I wouldn't hesitate to use something that good, if you would like.

Thanks

EDIT:
Oh also, I'm wondering if anyone would have the skills to make a video of the Ebon Hawk approaching Coruscant, and then leaving it. This would be useful for the flight videos for when you land and leave the planet. Right now, you jump into hyperspace, and then you've suddenly landed.
Let me know,
thanks again

Qui-Gon Glenn
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure if he visits these forums much anymore, but Archon II of the now defunct Team Bantha (M4-78RP) has done some pretty rockin' work on the videos for approach and landing for M4-78. He certainly has the skills necessary, although time maybe not... You can see his work on YouTube right now...

GarfieldJL
07-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Uhm you could use Manaan's hangers for different ships.

The Sith have infiltrated the Lower City. They aren't working in a very large numbers, but some sith are trying to undermine the Republic's power.

Uhm it might be better if this occurs before the final battle on the Star Forge, because after that Malek is no longer in the land of the living.

Coola
07-09-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm not sure if he visits these forums much anymore, but Archon II of the now defunct Team Bantha (M4-78RP) has done some pretty rockin' work on the videos for approach and landing for M4-78. He certainly has the skills necessary, although time maybe not... You can see his work on YouTube right now...
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Uhm you could use Manaan's hangers for different ships.
Hmm, I didn't think of that. Thanks, I'll look into that as well.

Uhm it might be better if this occurs before the final battle on the Star Forge, because after that Malek is no longer in the land of the living.
It doesn't matter if Malek is alive or dead, the Sith are the Sith. The armies of the sith aren't going to stop fighting their enemy just because malek died. Besides, the Sith are still a part of KotOR TSL.

Anyway, with the stock version of KotOR I, you can't keep playing after the battle on the Star Forge, so you would have to visit Coruscant before hand anyway.

Quanon
07-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey , a mini-update on the skybox texture .

Do mind it is still a very huge and long one-piece picture ( 512px x 4096px ),
it will be seriously downsized for the game , but working this way gives great quality and a good looking texture. ( Like the planet I posted earlier was a 3000 x 3000 pic orginaly.)
And maybe I can help you out on the landing sequence aswell , just follow the this link http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/3D/ .

IT takes you to my photobucket gallery , there should be two short clips .
If it doesn't work just send me a PM ;) .

Anyway here the sky :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant1.gif

Coola
07-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey , a mini-update on the skybox texture .

Do mind it is still a very huge and long one-piece picture ( 512px x 4096px ),
it will be seriously downsized for the game , but working this way gives great quality and a good looking texture. ( Like the planet I posted earlier was a 3000 x 3000 pic orginaly.)
And maybe I can help you out on the landing sequence aswell , just follow the this link http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/3D/ .

IT takes you to my photobucket gallery , there should be two short clips .
If it doesn't work just send me a PM ;) .

Anyway here the sky :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant1.gif

Yeah that looks really good. I cant look at the clips mainly because my internet has been slowed to a pin, but i'll check them out and let you know.

But the sky will be good.

EDIT:
So it looks like the outside streets of Coruscant will be almost at night time?

Quanon
07-10-2007, 07:46 AM
EDIT:
So it looks like the outside streets of Coruscant will be almost at night time?

Yep , It's at night . I've tried to at some sort of glowy effect wich the city spreads on to the atmosphere . But I still need to a cloud layer : I think that will blend the different layers more beautifully .

I'll continue my work ;) and post a new picture soon .

Coola
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Yep , It's at night . I've tried to at some sort of glowy effect wich the city spreads on to the atmosphere . But I still need to a cloud layer : I think that will blend the different layers more beautifully .

I'll continue my work ;) and post a new picture soon .

Awesome, its looking good :thumbsup:

Salzella
07-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Quanon: i notice you're making skybox textures but would it not be better to use stock photos of real night skies, or sunsets? after all, this is a non-commercial venture and i know a number if places where you could get that sort of thing. it would not be too hard to then incorporate it into what you're doing i think.

Quanon
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Quanon: i notice you're making skybox textures but would it not be better to use stock photos of real night skies, or sunsets? after all, this is a non-commercial venture and i know a number if places where you could get that sort of thing. it would not be too hard to then incorporate it into what you're doing i think.

Great tip :) : been thinking the same , cause I want to add buildings aswell and maybe photos of real clouds will work better overall .

Here's what I got for a 2.0 version :

And everything in one long piece:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant2Big.gif

Coola
07-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Its looking real good, keep it up. The glow should add a nice effect.

With the buildings though, remember theres already a lot of buildings in the Taris module, so you really cant see too well.

Oh also, I think we need a top texture as well

Salzella
07-11-2007, 08:40 AM
yes exactly :D try this site for cloud photos. it requires signing up, but it's free, and the photos are amazing :)
sxc.hu

Quanon
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
yes exactly :D try this site for cloud photos. it requires signing up, but it's free, and the photos are amazing :)
sxc.hu

Thanks Salzella , it's a great site :p .

EDIT : Hey , I just tried to test my skybox-texture , but the game didn't use it.
I exported the orginal sky-textures : TSL-skytwr0001 to 0005 .
Then I pasted my own on top of the orginals , resized and saved them as TGA.
I didn't changed the name , after that I put all the 4 files into the override folder.

Thing is maybe kotorI doesn't like TGA of 32bits or did I extracted the wrong files ??? Anyway can anyone point me out to the right direction ;) .

sekan
07-11-2007, 05:03 PM
It looks awesome :D

Salzella
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
no problem. sorry i can't help with your problem, i know a lot about designing but next to nothing about this sort of stuff :p

Coola
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks Salzella , it's a great site :p .

EDIT : Hey , I just tried to test my skybox-texture , but the game didn't use it.
I exported the orginal sky-textures : TSL-skytwr0001 to 0005 .
Then I pasted my own on top of the orginals , resized and saved them as TGA.
I didn't changed the name , after that I put all the 4 files into the override folder.

Thing is maybe kotorI doesn't like TGA of 32bits or did I extracted the wrong files ??? Anyway can anyone point me out to the right direction ;) .

Hmmmm, im not sure. Did you follow a tutorial on how to import the textures into the game?

Quanon
07-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Hmmmm, im not sure. Did you follow a tutorial on how to import the textures into the game?

I've checked some of the tutorials here on holowan , Emperor Devons gives a good tutorial on how to create a new module and its textures . But I don't need a new module to test them .

So I just tried what works for items and armors , put your adjusted texture in the override folder , guess that doesn't work for sky-boxes .

Anyway I tested the look in Jedi Academy ; it's a bit easier to mod that game :p
I'll need to re-cut my texture , there's a weird white line some-where :) .

EDIT : A newer version of the skybox :) :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant3Big.gif

Salzella
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
that looks good, but maybe some colouring on the stars? if you use photoshop, try the 'pastel' gradient map set and play with layer modes, or colour balances. The buildings also look a bit streched so maybe make them bulkier, and the colours more metallic? i'm thinking some sort of gun-metal grey myself, but it's your call. the effect looks good at the moment, nice job.

GarfieldJL
07-12-2007, 01:57 PM
There is a tutorial online for making starfields, can't remember where it was though, you may try that.

Quanon
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
There is a tutorial online for making starfields, can't remember where it was though, you may try that.

I have tons of tutorial links about making space scénes ;) , but thx for the offer.

The buildings are from Kotor , I just extracted them with KotorTool , cut them out , fiddeled with the levels to make them darker .

I'll try to change the colors a bit and I might give them a small blur or I might scale them down a bit more .

THx for the manny replies :p .

Salzella
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
actually i've changed my mind about the size :p my problem with the colours is that just that they're a bit too saturated, they should perhaps be more 'industrial'.

spyblade
07-12-2007, 04:05 PM
That looks really cool. The Jedi Academy GUI confused me at first. I've not played the game and thought someone had modded that, as well.

The texture looks really cool, though. Its a damn shame you can't get KOTOR to read the files. It seems a lot of people are having issues with tga files not showing up recently. I noticed in the post you said you saved the first file as TSL-skytwr0001. I am assuming this was just a typo, but you want to make sure it is saved as LTS_skytwr0001.tga. I am not sure if these are unused textures, but you may also want to try saving it as LTS_sky001.tga or LTS_sky01.tga.

Quanon
07-12-2007, 05:12 PM
That looks really cool. The Jedi Academy GUI confused me at first. I've not played the game and thought someone had modded that, as well.

The texture looks really cool, though. Its a damn shame you can't get KOTOR to read the files. It seems a lot of people are having issues with tga files not showing up recently. I noticed in the post you said you saved the first file as TSL-skytwr0001. I am assuming this was just a typo, but you want to make sure it is saved as LTS_skytwr0001.tga. I am not sure if these are unused textures, but you may also want to try saving it as LTS_sky001.tga or LTS_sky01.tga.

Great thinking matzz : I checked my spelling and it was OK , but I'll try your suggestions and see how the game reacts .

And here's already a bit different version , I changed the colors on the buildings , changed the levels of some star layers , etc ...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant3Big3.gif

Coola
07-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry for the late reply...Fantastic work! :thumbsup: Now I just got to work on making the outdoor areas a bit darker. But I cant wait to try that skybox in the game. Might actually look like a DIFFERENT area for once :)

Quanon
07-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Great news ! The texture works in the game now ,thanks to matzz , he made me double check the sky names . I've looked it up in KotorTool again and indeed I found the right names I needed .

Do mind I still need to fix it , cause now you can see "The Box" where the module is in . I need to know what sort of shader I need to apply to texture to make it look as a real sky .

Coola
07-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Awesome. It might actually look good with out a reskinning, but if i'm going to what colour scheme should I go for on the buildings and stuff?

Salzella
07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
i think grey with generally, like gun-metal or similiar, with cyan, yellow and orange for the lights on the buildings. you want to go for something realistic enough to be believeable but not too bland. quanon, might i suggest shading in the top areas of the box black, with opacity on 90% or similiar? it would make the 'box' effect look less obvious, andit's not like we'll be looking up there often. in fact, would you allow me to have a play with the .psd file? your choice of course, but i think it would be easier for me to show you how i think it should look rather than trying to explain it all.

Quanon
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
i think grey with generally, like gun-metal or similiar, with cyan, yellow and orange for the lights on the buildings. you want to go for something realistic enough to be believeable but not too bland. quanon, might i suggest shading in the top areas of the box black, with opacity on 90% or similiar? it would make the 'box' effect look less obvious, andit's not like we'll be looking up there often. in fact, would you allow me to have a play with the .psd file? your choice of course, but i think it would be easier for me to show you how i think it should look rather than trying to explain it all.

Sure , just send me a PM so we can exchange files easly ;) .

Here's another mini-update , I changed the colors of the front row buildings , but lits still a bit dull looking . Cause I lost the colors of the lights in the buildings .
I'll redo this , cause I did this pretty fast .

L0rdReV@n88
07-13-2007, 12:55 PM
wow it really does look like a whole new area just by changing the skybox now if you can just get rid of the box effect it would be really awesome good work

Quanon
07-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Its getting better , I sized down the buildings in the texture , some of them just looked to huge , compared to buildings closer to you.

And I'll redo the stars aswell , when youre walking around you can count their pixels .

The box effect almost dissapears when I do a good line-up of the 4 textures , those pics above I accidently numbered them wrongly :p .

All in all I still got some work to do , I'll dig-up the .VIS file aswell to alter the lightning a bit .

Anywayz , stay tuned for some more updates :D .

sekan
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Sound great

spyblade
07-13-2007, 02:32 PM
This looks great. I'm glad it was just a numbering order issue. Taris looks so different, it's very refreshing.

Salzella
07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
ok guys, here's my version: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59727540/
it may be too dark, so i can brighten it up, but that's pretty much how i visualised the skyline of a night-time coruscant. hope you like it :) credit to quanon for the original.

Quanon
07-13-2007, 05:11 PM
ok guys, here's my version: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59727540/
it may be too dark, so i can brighten it up, but that's pretty much how i visualised the skyline of a night-time coruscant. hope you like it :) credit to quanon for the original.

Wow , thats fast and very nice !!! :D

Salzella
07-13-2007, 05:12 PM
do you think that would be useable in-game?

glovemaster
07-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow thats awesome, remember that there is a top, roof texture that will need to flow nicely with that one however i think thats great ;) And yeah that wil be useable but you would need to break it up into 4 *square* textures. Also just a reminder and i dont want to spoil your textures cause there all fantastic but, coruscant is *the* core world, you would expect alot of traffic and ships, platforms, cruisers, etc. Maybe you should consider adding some large platforms, and distant traffic into the textures. I say distant because you will find it easier to get away with the fact that they arn't animated.

Quanon
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Ofcourse thats useable !

@GM : the size of the texture is 1024x4096 => so that makes 4 nice seperate peices of 1024x1024 :) . The only thing left to do is cut the big one up and make a matching UP-texture .

About the trafic , I think we could at a animated stroke or arc ( the front-row of buildings is flat , its just a texture put on a big circle around the 3D-walkable area ) .

We could do same , if we make a place-able , just half a cilinder , without top and bottom and texture it with an animated-texture wich is possible to do .
I just recently found a thread about animated textures for Kotor I and TSL .

And here's a reworked version , again :D :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant3Big7.gif

EDIT : ow and version B with some more colour to the clouds .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant3Big7B.gif

Master Zionosis
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I like them both but the first one seems more Corucant than the second, I'm not sure why.

Anyway, keep up the good work Quanon :thumbsup:

glovemaster
07-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Great work ;) I think you could animated the texture but the file size is going to be massive! Anyways, keep up the ace work ;)

And i agree with MZ ^ :P :lol:

Salzella
07-13-2007, 07:55 PM
even better, love what you've done with this one :D i'll leave the traffic etc to you ;)

Master Zionosis
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
even better, love what you've done with this one :D i'll leave the traffic etc to you ;)

Ohh that's nice for Quanon, lol, no I'm kidding, it shouldn't be to hard to do it anyway, it would just be, (as glovemaster said), quite large in size.

Coola
07-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Woa...I had no idea how much this little request was going to grow. Awesome work you guys.

Quanon
07-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Woa...I had no idea how much this little request was going to grow. Awesome work you guys.

Yeah ,this kind of stuff gets out of controle quickly ;) :lol:

And it looks like I'm challenged to add some flying traffic :) .

I'll see what I can do about that , how many frames would it need ?? To get a nice flow .

I'll be back ! :lol:

glovemaster
07-14-2007, 07:52 AM
bear in mind that this traffic has to flow nicely and it has to flow with the skybox, i would say a few long lines of distant trafic moving over about 4 frames for each texture

Quanon
07-14-2007, 10:45 AM
bear in mind that this traffic has to flow nicely and it has to flow with the skybox, i would say a few long lines of distant trafic moving over about 4 frames for each texture

Hey , just to post a screen from in the game . The stars keep bugging me , I'll see what I can find on real stars skys from photos .

And I had to raise my building layer up , cause before it was obscured by the first row of buildings ( wich suffer from a purple line on the outside :p ) .

And so I didn't get to start on the traffic yet , and the up texture is bit to dark aswell .

BoredAdminMonky
07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Been lurking on this thread for a little while now, all very good work I have to say :-)

My only concern for the new sky box is that there are too many stars visible. Coruscant is essentially one giant city, with artificial light pouring from every building. Light pollution would mean you wouldn't be able to see any stars with the naked eye. Ask any amateur astronomer, they hate populated areas for star gazing.

Looking forward to this being complete though. Will have to dust off the old copy of Knights and give it a whirl when it's done. Will it be compatible with the ord Mandell mod?

Miltiades
07-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Amazing! Really, the skybox looks really good. You guys are artists! This gives the modules an unique look. I'll keep an eye out for this mod, and the progress of the skybox.

Quanon
07-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Allright , a little more news about that darn skybox : After messing around with it some more I did the following :

1) Ditched the stars , they just looked like crap , nasty white spots and somehow they didn't help to creat much depth at all . And I took notice of a previous post about light polution , I thought of this , but I just added the stars cause Coruscant is some where in the centre of the galaxy . And there are a lot of stars in the centre , thightly pact -> So I thought there would be still some stars visible . But anyway I deleted the layer , the stars are out of business :lol: .

2) Started to distort and skew the clouds so that they are more or like in perspective getting smaller towards the horizon , this looked good in photoshop but in game its not really working that well .

Just check out for yourselfs :) :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenSky4.jpg

I also looked at the orginal texture and noticed their perspective is applied on each of the 4 sides of the box . THis is where I got it wrong I applied perspective on the big one piece skybox :p .

So back to the drawing bord !!! :D the traffic will be added some time , when I can finannly stop fiddling with the sky :lol:

Salzella
07-14-2007, 04:12 PM
that looks a helluva lot better now with the clouds, nice. maybe make the colour scheme colder? looks nearly identical to Taris atm ;)

Quanon
07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
WOOT , once again a new version of the Coruscant skys .
Just two screenies , the clouds are giving me a headache .
I just don't seem to get it right ,so stay tuned for newer changes ;) .

Salzella
07-14-2007, 07:35 PM
hmmm, i preferred the first one you had, the contrast is too much here. try making the sky lighter also, because there would be glow from the city lights off the clouds, and it's as good as an excuse as any to make it lighter :p

Quanon
07-15-2007, 10:03 AM
hmmm, i preferred the first one you had, the contrast is too much here. try making the sky lighter also, because there would be glow from the city lights off the clouds, and it's as good as an excuse as any to make it lighter :p

Yeah I know , so I changed it back , it looks more like Coruscant at late dusk .
I thought this would fit better with the lighting direction in the module , cause I think you can't change that at all , only the colours and intensity .

So have a peak , I just need to blend corners better and of course the Up texture .

Master Zionosis
07-15-2007, 10:27 AM
I think that sky looks to much like Kril'dor's sky, I prefer the sky that's above your last post.

Salzella
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
that newest one is close, but there's still something slightly off. i think maybe it's too saturated (the clouds), but i think when the module itsself is reskinned it will look good.

Quanon
07-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I think that sky looks to much like Kril'dor's sky, I prefer the sky that's above your last post.

THe effect is better , but the clouds just look to fake . ANd I was only happy with one-side only ( wich is shown in the screenshot) , the 3 other walls didn't look that good :( .

that newest one is close, but there's still something slightly off. i think maybe it's too saturated (the clouds), but i think when the module itsself is reskinned it will look good.

Indeed , here once again the perspective angle of the clouds doesn't give that good depth feeling I had with my previous attempt . But they look so much better "real" like .

And the contrast is a bit lacking , so it makes it even more flat . In game you notice very well that it is a WALL with clouds painted on and makes Taris/Coruscant very small all the suddenly .

Its difficult to find the right feel to it .

But fear not people , after some research on the net I found a nice tutorial to make Skyboxes with Terragen ( a nice free little program to render sky's and landscapes ) . This will give me the right angle for the clouds and they will all line up perfectly without to much messing around with the clone-stamp tool.

Only thing left is to adjust colours and contrasts , etc ...

I feel positive that this will give me the clouds I was looking for ! ;)

Salzella
07-15-2007, 02:07 PM
ah yes, i have terragen myself actually, though i never really used it :p
btw, what's with the outline around the buildings?

Quanon
07-15-2007, 04:08 PM
ah yes, i have terragen myself actually, though i never really used it :p
btw, what's with the outline around the buildings?

Yes that @#|&!* outline , is now gone I hope , I pasted in the new "Terragen sky" , adjusted it a little . Let me know what you think of the dark-blue vs. the more orangy clouds . Edit: maybe a stronger brighter orange glow/ hue between the city buildings ???

EDIT2 :Changed the blue and added a stronger glow , check it out http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59866921/

And a small overview of the whole row :) :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant3Big17.gif

Salzella
07-15-2007, 05:21 PM
now that looks hot. as for the glow: make it moore intense but shorter i think.
i prefer the ones you've posted here to your devART version, that one looks like it's on fire :p i think the current one is nearly perfect.

Master Zionosis
07-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Ahhh I like that one, the best one IMO, that's the one that should be used.

Good work Quanon :thumbsup:

Quanon
07-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Ahhh I like that one, the best one IMO, that's the one that should be used.

Good work Quanon :thumbsup:

Hahahah :lol:, yes the orange-glow is has the right intensety , but its a bit oversized :p .

I just tested it out in the game and it looks already pretty cool , just a bit overwhelming :D .

And the up-texture is freaking me out !!! I'll give at simple dark-blue , no more clouds for that one . Its really being a pain in the @** .

Anywho another screeny :D ( And I'll clean this thread of my screens , I feel like I just ripped this thread of Coola and making it "heavy " for those with a small-band conection :s NOT my intention .)

Master Zionosis
07-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Ohhh no, that sky looks way to... bright.

The sky I meant was this one:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/NightSkyCoruscant3Big17.gif

GarfieldJL
07-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Not sure if you already have done this, but you should remove the Sith Troopers running around the city streets if it is Coruscant.

Master Zionosis
07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Not sure if you already have done this, but you should remove the Sith Troopers running around the city streets if it is Coruscant.

Quanon is just making the skybox, Coola is the one making the mod, Quanon just applied the skybox texture to the original Taris. ;)

I think :)

Coola
07-16-2007, 12:07 AM
And I'll clean this thread of my screens , I feel like I just ripped this thread of Coola and making it "heavy " for those with a small-band conection :s NOT my intention

hahaha, feel free to. This thread has lasted quite a while, and it proberbly wouldn't have unless you started this.

Nice work by the way

Quanon
07-16-2007, 10:12 AM
hahaha, feel free to. This thread has lasted quite a while, and it proberbly wouldn't have unless you started this.

Nice work by the way

Thanks , and fear not master Z , I used that skybox , but just with a dimmed down glow effect ( resized aswell ) you can see in the screenshot :p .

And believe me , lights can be that bright . I don't live to far from a big highway and when it starts to get darker you can see that orangy hue very well . In the summer this can be very very bright .

But anyways here's some screens of the "finished" (depends if coola approves this is the "right" skybox for him , got 19+ versions :D ) .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Screenshotty6.jpg

EDIT : ow , I think I'm going to try and transform my dantooine plains into Mustafar like-stuff , change the rivers into this bright orangy/red magma :)

I just love that bright glow , but it would fit better on a lava-planet , :lol:

Salzella
07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
make red more orangey and you have a winner. and you should help with rebuilding Sleheyron xD

Quanon
07-16-2007, 12:45 PM
make red more orangey and you have a winner. and you should help with rebuilding Sleheyron xD

Yeah , it still looks a bit on fire , now doesn't it ;) .

Well that's just a minor tweak and I'm going to look for those traffice lines .
Anyone any idea where I can get lots of pictures of Star Wars ships , preferable a flat side-view . Could use those to make up the lines closer to the player .

Anyway , having fun in photoshop I changed Juhani to white-tiger with blue eyes :lol:

Click To See (http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/?action=view&current=Screen1.jpg)

jonathan7
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow this mod looks totally awesome, I haven't looked through the whole thread though have looked through your site. I did have a couple of suggestions althought I don't know if you can pull them off. Would you be able to Skin people to look like any of Atris, Kavar, Zez El Whatever, Vash, or Vima or Nomi Sunrider and place them in the Jedi Temple? I'm not sure if its possible, but it would seem logical to me that they would be around.

Anyways kudos for all you have done, the trailer was quality and I am thoroughly looking forward to your mod coming out! :-)

DarthDredge
07-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Couldn't you just make placeables of ships and put them fliyng in the sky or something like those bat things on Dantooine for the traffic?

Master Zionosis
07-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Couldn't you just make placeables of ships and put them fliyng in the sky or something like those bat things on Dantooine for the traffic?

Unfortunately that can't be done, to do that you would have to edit the area models and area modelling isn't....'doable' yet, but we're getting closer

stoffe
07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately that can't be done, to do that you would have to edit the area models and area modelling isn't....'doable' yet, but we're getting closer

You don't need to be able to make area models to add placeables to an area. They are independent objects on which you can use scripts to trigger their animations. I don't know if MdlOps currently handles animations well enough to import an animated placeable though.

Master Zionosis
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't know if MdlOps currently handles animations well enough to import an animated placeable though.

That's why I said it couldn't be done, I also thought that Mdlops couldn't import animated models yet, that's why I said it wasn't possible.

Quanon
07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
That's why I said it couldn't be done, I also thought that Mdlops couldn't import animated models yet, that's why I said it wasn't possible.

Sometimes it does , but its very buggy .

I succesfully ,well partly succesfull , import the Main-animation skeleton of TSL , and a model of Sion who had animations .

It is very buggy , it makes 3D-Max crash very easly and some of the animations play upside down , wich I think points out that the import of animations is still a bit flawed .

Anyways , you would have to set-up the frames pretty good and I'm not that experienced with animations in 3D . I can model some stuff but rigging is still a bit out of my leak :)

Besides I started to index the textures used in the Area-model of Taris , so I can adjust or replace them so they match beautifully with my skybox .

EDIT : Taris flashy color-book city , just look how many times a texture canbe used and on many different pieces :p , I'll have to look out I don't design a nice tile-floor when its going to be 90% used as a wall :D .

DarthDredge
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I didn't mean make animated placeables - can't you make a placeable of a ship and use scripting to move it across the screen? It doesn't have to be animated, it can just be an object moved by scripting.

Master Zionosis
07-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I didn't mean make animated placeables - can't you make a placeable of a ship and use scripting to move it across the screen? It doesn't have to be animated, it can just be an object moved by scripting.

I don't know if it is possible to do that as the placeable's don't have the animation to 'move', I think.

Quanon
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Heads up , I got some screenys with a Retextured Taris ( not all is finished or considered "finished" , Coola is the chief so if he doesn't likes what he sees , I'm going to change that. :)) And once again I'm spamming with pictures :lol:

Anyways enjoy the view ;)

sekan
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
This looks nice :thmbup1:

Quanon
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Okay last update before dive into my bed , it's getting pretty late :p .

But I'm working in a mad rush , yargh :lol:

Anyways just some more screens , without green ! :D

So I added marble-like stone and gave a shiny effect , the floor is ok , but the wall sections I'm going to 'fix' . I used the same grey in the alpha channel as the floor parts , but it still looks a bit to over the top .

Ofcourse I still need to change the lights , and the lighting file aswell .

But I'll need some info from Coola , if he good give me an exact list of area's he's using in his mod , Taris UpperCity North and South are obvious , but Coola do you also use the appertments and the bar ????

Just give me a PM , else you might give away all the goodies .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenshottyRE4.jpg

DarthDredge
07-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Can't you use a script like this:
/* Possible Object types:
OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE
OBJECT_TYPE_ITEM
OBJECT_TYPE_TRIGGER
OBJECT_TYPE_DOOR
OBJECT_TYPE_WAYPOINT
OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE
OBJECT_TYPE_STORE */

// for the 3 floats in the function below
// you can use the X, Y, Z coordintates from
// the whereami cheat code

vector vPosition=Vector(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

location lWhereToSpawn=Location(vPosition,0.0);

CreateObject( OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,
"object_template",lWhereToSpawn);

(from http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143412)
to spawn the object and then a script like this:
void main () {

// goodbye.nss
// This script will make any NPC
// move to a desired location and vanish.

object oNPC=GetObjectByTag("Carth"); // insert NPC's tag here

float x=93.77; // do a whereami cheat
float y=141.06; // to get x, y, and z
float z=0.0;

int bRun=FALSE; // you can set this to TRUE
// if you want the NPC to run

vector vExit=Vector(x,y,z);
location lExit=Location(vExit,0.0f);
ActionDoCommand(SetCommandable(TRUE,oNPC));
AssignCommand (oNPC,ActionForceMoveToLocation(lExit,bRun));
AssignCommand (oNPC,ActionDoCommand(DestroyObject(oNPC)));

// you can omit this last command if you like --
// if the NPC is not able to move to the
// location, this command will prevent
// you from being able to speak with him
// again. But if they're going to leave anyway...

ActionDoCommand(SetCommandable(FALSE,oNPC));

}
(from http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=139381)
to make it move across the screen?

If it has to be an NPC for this to work, can't you make an NPC with the model and texture of a ship and make the coordinates be in the sky?

btw, that screenshot looks great.

Coola
07-19-2007, 02:36 AM
I really love that Taris Colour book city :), for some reason it looks like it suits it.Not too sure about the green one though.

The areas im using that have a sky are as follows
Taris Upper City North
Taris Upper City South
Taris North (i think) Appartments
Daviks Estate
Maybe the Manaan Hangers

the rest dont have a sky, unless u wanting to reskin them and become the official Skinner :thumbsup:

Master Zionosis
07-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow, the final screen shots look great, they should definitely be used as the textures.

Can't you use a script like this:

OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE
OBJECT_TYPE_ITEM
OBJECT_TYPE_TRIGGER
OBJECT_TYPE_DOOR
OBJECT_TYPE_WAYPOINT
OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE
OBJECT_TYPE_STORE */

// for the 3 floats in the function below
// you can use the X, Y, Z coordintates from
// the whereami cheat code

vector vPosition=Vector(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);

location lWhereToSpawn=Location(vPosition,0.0);

CreateObject( OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,
"object_template",lWhereToSpawn);

(from http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143412)
to spawn the object and then a script like this:

void main () {

// goodbye.nss
// This script will make any NPC
// move to a desired location and vanish.

object oNPC=GetObjectByTag("Carth"); // insert NPC's tag here

float x=93.77; // do a whereami cheat
float y=141.06; // to get x, y, and z
float z=0.0;

int bRun=FALSE; // you can set this to TRUE
// if you want the NPC to run

ActionDoCommand(SetCommandable(TRUE,oNPC));
AssignCommand (oNPC,ActionForceMoveToLocation(lExit,bRun));
AssignCommand (oNPC,ActionDoCommand(DestroyObject(oNPC)));

// you can omit this last command if you like --
// if the NPC is not able to move to the
// location, this command will prevent
// you from being able to speak with him
// again. But if they're going to leave anyway...

ActionDoCommand(SetCommandable(FALSE,oNPC));

}
(from http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=139381)
to make it move across the screen?

That might work, I just wasn't aware of a placeable being able to move due to them not having the animation for it, but I said that when I was tired and it was 3 AM, I now think that placeable's don't have the animations to 'walk', but that doesn't mean they can't 'move', two different things.

We might not even need the second script, we can just add to it, this may work, but my scripting isn't the best so maybe not.

void main () {

OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE
OBJECT_TYPE_ITEM
OBJECT_TYPE_TRIGGER
OBJECT_TYPE_DOOR
OBJECT_TYPE_WAYPOINT
OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE
OBJECT_TYPE_STORE */

location lWhereToSpawn=Location (vPosition, 174.0);

CreateObject( OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE,
"airtaxi1",lWhereToSpawn);

vector vPosition=Vector(174.0, 184.0, 147.0); // Spawn point of placeable

object oPO=GetObjectByTag("airtaxi1"); // placeable's tag

float x=93.77; // Moves the placeable
float y=141.06; // to this location
float z=265.0133;

int bRun=TRUE; // sets placeable in 'run' mode
// set to FALSE to go slower

ActionDoCommand(SetCommandable(TRUE,oPO));
AssignCommand (oPO,ActionForceMoveToLocation(lExit,bRun));
AssignCommand (oPO,ActionDoCommand(DestroyObject(oPO)));

}

Now that script has errors in it, I tried correcting them but I couldn't fix it, so if someone who is good at scripting could correct the errors, maybe Stoffe if she doesn't mind, Then that script may work.

stoffe
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
That might work, I just wasn't aware of a placeable being able to move due to them not having the animation for it, but I said that when I was tired and it was 3 AM, I now think that placeable's don't have the animations to 'walk', but that doesn't mean they can't 'move', two different things.

Placeables can't move, they are stuck at the coordinates they are spawned until they are destroyed. The only way to "move" a placeable would be to repeatedly spawn and destroy instances of it with slightly changed coordinates, but that does not look very natural and would slow down the game noticeably if you do it quick enough for it to appear fluid. Not to mention that using NWScript would be the equivalent of using carpet bombing to perform a surgical strike when it comes to carefully timed scripted sequences. :)

Placeables can however seemingly "move" (even if they in reality do not) if they are only meant to do so along a predetermined pattern by using an animation (for example a ship that takes off and lands along exactly the same route every time) of the placeable.

For objects that need to be able to move around more freely those are usually made as creatures with an appearance model of an object instead. For example a crate that should be force pushable could be made as a creature with an appearance model that makes it look like a crate.

Quanon
07-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks Coola , I needed to know this , because the undercity uses a few Uppercity Textures here and there and the "slummy" look is getting changed into "Rich-Expansive" looking , mainly the appartement area's .

So this might have contradicted to a setting you might had in mind for a particular area ;) .

But it also means I'm then almost finished with the retexturing of the Taris/Coruscant area . :D Yihaaaa .

And I would be happy to Transform Davik's estate aswell .

EDIT : About the 3D animation "objects flying around" , perhaps it would be possibel , but how would I get the right dimensions and coordinates the ship has to follow . I could rebuild the area-modules in Max use them as a guide .

But then again , I don't think Mdlops is that good at "converting" mdl files with animations .

Besides I'll do the re-texturing first and I'm helping GloveMaster aswell with his mod project ( its small , but takes its time to do it right ) .

EDIT 2: The North and South apartments use the same textures , they are practicly the same area-model :p , so here are a couple of screenshot from within the apartments . Hope you like these Coola ;)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenshottyRE9.jpg

Salzella
07-19-2007, 04:21 PM
oh em g33. stunning work so far :D

Master Zionosis
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Placeables can't move, they are stuck at the coordinates they are spawned until they are destroyed. The only way to "move" a placeable would be to repeatedly spawn and destroy instances of it with slightly changed coordinates, but that does not look very natural and would slow down the game noticeably if you do it quick enough for it to appear fluid. Not to mention that using NWScript would be the equivalent of using carpet bombing to perform a surgical strike when it comes to carefully timed scripted sequences. :)

Placeables can however seemingly "move" (even if they in reality do not) if they are only meant to do so along a predetermined pattern by using an animation (for example a ship that takes off and lands along exactly the same route every time) of the placeable.

For objects that need to be able to move around more freely those are usually made as creatures with an appearance model of an object instead. For example a crate that should be force pushable could be made as a creature with an appearance model that makes it look like a crate.

That's what I thought, I only made the script just in case a placeable could move.

DarthDredge
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM

So then they could do it with a creature that has the model and texture of a ship? Isn't that what I suggested above ("...If it has to be an NPC for this to work, can't you make an NPC with the model and texture of a ship...")?

EDIT: I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, I'm just confused.

Master Zionosis
07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
So then they could do it with a creature that has the model and texture of a ship? Isn't that what I suggested above ("...If it has to be an NPC for this to work, can't you make an NPC with the model and texture of a ship...")?

EDIT: I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, I'm just confused.

The main point is it would be to much trouble to achieve something that won't look 'perfect' anyway, and it doesn't really mater, there is the sound of air taxi's flying around so....

Quanon
07-19-2007, 06:32 PM
The main point is it would be to much trouble to achieve something that won't look 'perfect' anyway, and it doesn't really mater, there is the sound of air taxi's flying around so....

There are small models flying around , just check it out for yourselfs . Press "tab" for first person and look up .

The thing is , it's not massive traffice lines , like where used to see in the Prequel movies . And trying to do this with npc's won't work , cause their are now walkable meshes that far up or away and even if we did it , you would bump up the bounding box around the model , even if it was high up .

Its a nice suggestion and would have been great to do if it wasn't such darn nasty thing to get it done right .

Anyways , retexturing of Davils Estate to Jedi Temple is not as easy as Taris .
Cause I'm trying to make some brand new texture , for Taris I mostly edited the orginal textures , just the floor are custom made .

But for the Jedi Temple I want something "awesome" "epic" and just darn-good looking . So far it doesn't look that good :( , I'll have to do some trial and error
work on this .

Have a look , just not that good , ow well ... :

LUCIUS AQUILA
07-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Really looking great Quanon. Can't wait for it to be released.

Quanon
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Really looking great Quanon. Can't wait for it to be released.

Thanks , but its Coola hows doing the major work here :p .

I hope he fares aswell like I'm doing ;)

So , been busy the last couple of hours with Daviks Estate , I'm now pleased with 3 textures I replaced and one of them I'm doubting about .

So I have black-marble ( cold like) and red marble ( same type I used on Taris , warm like )

THey both look good , give a nice contrast to the white-marble .

I also worked on one of the Rim-textures , the other one is next .
And then I can start on the floors . Ofcourse they all need some tweaking and maybe I should reduce my "shiny" marble , don't know for sure .

Just look at these two screenshots and give some opinions about black vs red marble :)

jonathan7
07-20-2007, 03:05 PM
They both look awesome. I prefer the red, from memory of the films, I think the deep red is more the kind of thing that would be in the jedi temple (which is what i presume this is being used for), but to be honest both work really well. Keep up the good work :)

L0rdReV@n88
07-20-2007, 05:52 PM
i say the red but they both look really great Quanon

sekan
07-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I say red also... great work!

Quanon
07-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Woot , been busy on the floor textures and once more I have my doubt on how to use them and black or should they be red ???

But hey , why don't you people give me some hints , cause I like my designs , but they don't always align that very beautifully in the corners or some other places . Not that the original did lign up that well to .

So what you think of these , okay pay attention on the patterns the floor textures make . What does look the best ? :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenShot07.jpg

Darth InSidious
07-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I think we have a new master-texturer....

Coola
07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Brilliant, absolutley brilliant. The red is THE best. Keep it up

LORD SPARTAN
07-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Great job on those new textures for the sky and Davik's estate they are mind :monkbomb:

Miltiades
07-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I think we have a new master-texturer....

You can say that again! Absolutely amazing! And yes, red suits better. But they're both very nice.

glovemaster
07-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow thats fantastic! This mod will look awesome ;)

Master Zionosis
07-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Quanon you are amazing, these look brilliant, keep up the FANTASTIC work :thumbsup:

Quanon
07-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Quanon you are amazing, these look brilliant, keep up the FANTASTIC work :thumbsup:

Thx , you guys keep me going ;) !

Here's the news , for the floor I just used twice the same texture .
It gives better results , just two corners in the entire area still look a bit crappy , but I'm pleased with all the rest . And I settled with a combo of black and red marble .

Finished working on the second trim-texture , wich is used on the bottom half of the walls . I followed the layout of the orginal texture to avoid the lining up problem I had with my floor-textures .

The best news is I'm finished with the texture creating for this module . I might go over the alpha-channels , cause the place is starting to look like a mirror-palace .

And there's some ugly purple fog/haze hanging around , hope we can change that to .

For now I'll check out the textures used for the lights , but I have to be sure if they aren't used in both modules .

EDIT : Coola if you want you can use my screenshots on your site about your mod . If you want to ofcourse :) ( Just forgot to mention that on the start ;))
You can find them all back here : http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/

So have look at the 99% complete retextured Daviks Estate :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenShot08.jpg

L0rdReV@n88
07-21-2007, 02:10 PM
holy crap Quanon those look so awesome

sekan
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM
OMG thoose are SO awesome ! :thmbup1:

Quanon
07-21-2007, 07:09 PM
From the fancy-looking Estate to the slums .
After double checking on Coolas site , I started on re-texturing the UnderCity Area .

It changed from blue-ish to red-ish , its just an on going theme . Red accents in UpperCity , Red in the temple -> So we got some Dark / brown red in the UnderCity or was it LowerCity .

Changed the floor and some other textures to get a different feel , but I'm not done yet , even god needed 7 days to create the world , no didn't he ? :lol:

Anyway I'm getting the hang of this . So for youre viewing pleasure a couple of screenys , just look at that floor :D .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Screeny3.jpg

Master Zionosis
07-21-2007, 07:42 PM
You are truly a remarkable skinner, great work Quanon :thumbsup:

L0rdReV@n88
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
very rustic looking, great job Quanon. did you reskin the buildings in pic three they seem different but not at the same time

glovemaster
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Fantastic work Quanon! Keep it up ;)

Quanon
07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
very rustic looking, great job Quanon. did you reskin the buildings in pic three they seem different but not at the same time

There are still 3 or 2 orignal textures left over , mainly on the buildings in the back-ground .

So they still need to be edited or replaced .

So it doesn't look to dark ? Was afraid it looked a bit to gloomy :p .

spyblade
07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
this looks great, Quanon. the marble floors look especially awesome.

L0rdReV@n88
07-21-2007, 08:32 PM
nope quanon they look great perfect for the lower city. it may just be the difference between your texture of the walkway and the original textures of the buildings that make the original buildings seem out of place now

DarthDredge
07-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't know if you can change the doors without affecting all of the ones in the game, but if you can, that might look cool to have them match with the new red textures.

All of the textures look awesome. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Quanon
07-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't know if you can change the doors without affecting all of the ones in the game, but if you can, that might look cool to have them match with the new red textures.

All of the textures look awesome. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm a little behind with the doors . I already extracted them , but I'm not sure how to tackle them yet . So that they match up perfectly with the surrounding .

Coola
07-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Quanon you are doing a fantastic job. I would be honoured if you would attempt to skin the entire mod, but its up to you. Here is a list of MOST of the areas in the mod.

Jedi Temple
manm26ad - Docking Bay (Manaan) - i think this is fine, except the sky might need changing
tar_m08aa - Davik's Estate (Taris) - I'm using parts of this for multiple modules, but this is the Hanger, big room, and private quarters.

Upper City
tar_m02ab - City North (Taris)
tar_m02ac - City South (Taris)
tar_m02ae - City Cantina (Taris)
tar_m02ad - North Appartments (Taris)
danm16 - Sandral Estate (Dantooine) - This is the Security Center. Like a police station. It looks fine the way it is but maybe a different colour overall might work

Lower City
tar_m03aa - Lower City (Taris) - From what i've seen, yours looks fantastic!
tar_m05ab - Upper Sewers (Taris) - This is the Refugee Camp for lower city civilians.
tar_m10aa - Black Vulkar Base (Taris) - This is a sort of Drug Den.
tar_m09aa - Sith Base (Taris) - This is the Lower City Security Center. So maybe give it some more red colour to symbolize the republic more than the sith.

Bounty Hunter groups - Stuck with names, so i'll just refer to human and alien groups
tar_m04aa - Undercity (Taris) - Not much you can do here. This is the alien group's base
I'm still deciding the other base, i'll let you know.

Also there are more sewer type areas for the final mission in the mod, that i have yet to attend to.

As i said, you dont have to do this, but from what i've seen it would make this mod 10x better!

Great work!

Quanon
07-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Ah thanks Coola for the list . :)

There's already lots of things changed , almost everything from the whole Taris planet is using my textures .

Just the SithBase , Sewers and lowest level has not been altered .

The swoopgang bases just need their floors replaced and then their done.

About the dantooine-module I was thinking of using SithBase textures but making them scruffy and dented looking . But I'll see how well that goes .

I'll post an update as soon as I can .

EDIT : somebody mentioned doors :) , here's the first door that has been altered . So far it looks like each area has its own door textures , so I think you won't see this door popping up in Korriban or Manaan for example .
But I didn't stray away to far from the orginal design , its mainly it materials that has changed .

Screeny :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenShot11D.jpg

L0rdReV@n88
07-22-2007, 01:33 PM
i dont think ive ever been this excited over doors in my life looking really good

Master Zionosis
07-22-2007, 02:10 PM
This is looking really great Quanon, keep up the amazing work!

glovemaster
07-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow, i love it! Especially the Bek doors ;)

Quanon
07-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Wow, i love it! Especially the Bek doors ;)

Umh I didn't change the Bek doors yet in that screenshot :lol:
It are still the orginals , well not in my game ;) , But the I'll have to alter it slightly cause now the texture doesn't fit that good on the door .

I'll post a screen (or edit this message )when its done .

The lowest level has been altered slightly , just one of the concrete textures , has been given a more red taint to it . And a very very rusty texture has been applied to the fence surrounding the Outcast Village .

The sewers have a new texture here and there , there wasn't much I could make "worse" or "dirtier" . And making them clean and shiny wouldn't make them realistic . Unless someone can give me the evidence that there is a super cleaning team for the Coruscant Sewers :lol:

glovemaster
07-22-2007, 02:38 PM
My bad, i mean't the doors in the top screenshot. :lol:

DarthDredge
07-22-2007, 04:21 PM
@Quanon:
All the textures are awesome! The screenshots of Taris look like a completely different planet. (Well I guess that's the point ;) )

Those doors are really cool too!

@Coola:
What if for the Sith, instead of using their regular uniforms, you used a modified version of the basic clothing and they could have like a certain patch on their shirt or a ring that would let other Sith know? That's what it seemed like you would be doing, "The Sith have infiltrated the Lower City. They aren't working in a very large numbers, but some sith are trying to undermine the Republic's power." It seems like they would be in disguise.

Salzella
07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
stunning work man. can't wait for this to be released.

Ferc Kast
07-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Looks cool. I can't wait for this mod to be released.

Coola
07-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Great work Quanon!

What if for the Sith, instead of using their regular uniforms, you used a modified version of the basic clothing and they could have like a certain patch on their shirt or a ring that would let other Sith know? That's what it seemed like you would be doing, "The Sith have infiltrated the Lower City. They aren't working in a very large numbers, but some sith are trying to undermine the Republic's power." It seems like they would be in disguise.

Hmmm thats an interesting idea. Might try that.

Thanks

Quanon
07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Okay , a small new update .

Its goes a bit slower , cause I'm doing a job now during the summer-holidays for some extra credit to spent all year long ;)
And I gone working from 6:00 till 14:10 . But that doesn't stop me from doing retexturing in smaller steps now and I'll be back fulltime after the 17 august :p .

Anywayz enough of my chit-chatter , some screens of the SithBase transforming into the control-center of the lower city.

I made the scene look a bit trashy , cause it belongs to the lower city ;) , unless you want it otherwise Coola .

Master Zionosis
07-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Wow, they are really beginning to look like completely new area's, good effect, and good job.

:D

Archonon
07-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to say to both Coola and Quanon what a terrific job they are doing in bringing Coruscant to life. I am eagerly anticipating seeing this mod as Coruscant is virtually the only thing I felt was missing from KotR.

I wanted to ask though, how extensively are you modifying especially the appearance 2da file along with any other 2das? The reason I ask is because I already have a modified appearance 2da and if this mod changes that as well, I'll have to brush up on my editing in order to have everything working properlly.

Thanks.

Coola
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I made the scene look a bit trashy , cause it belongs to the lower city , unless you want it otherwise Coola.

Thats perfect. Great work Quanon. The lower city is supposed to be scummy, and the story of what happens there suits it. (Which is a bit scary, considering you didn't know what had happened here...)

Keep them coming :thumbsup:

Wow, they are really beginning to look like completely new area's, good effect, and good job.

I know, I never pictured this mod looking any different than Taris.

Just wanted to say to both Coola and Quanon what a terrific job they are doing in bringing Coruscant to life. I am eagerly anticipating seeing this mod as Coruscant is virtually the only thing I felt was missing from KotR.

I wanted to ask though, how extensively are you modifying especially the appearance 2da file along with any other 2das? The reason I ask is because I already have a modified appearance 2da and if this mod changes that as well, I'll have to brush up on my editing in order to have everything working properlly.

Thanks.

So far the mod is using little editing to the 2da files. When custom armor, etc. are introduced, then there may be some editing. As far as I know, skinning the modules doesn't require editing of 2da files. Thanks for your comments.

HOWEVER, two files that are relied on in the mod are the globalcat.2da and the global.jrl files. Both are used to mantain the quests and missions you get. Once the mod is finished, I will look into making them as combatible as possible.

Quanon
07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Newsflash : rusted , filthy and smelly doors detected . :lol:

Nothing to big of news ( and ofcourse I won't show everything changed ;) )

I present you 2 doors :) .

The Sithbase door has been heavly bombarded with years of bad maintenance :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Screen05.jpg

The long promised "Hiddenbeks / LowerCity Door" :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenDoor.jpg

Hope you like these "new" doors .

glovemaster
07-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Wow they look awesome! Keep it up Quanon ;)

sekan
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Just one word: Awsome :thmbup1:

Sith Holocron
07-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Fantastic stuff!

Will you be adding neon type billboards as in AOTC?

Quanon
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Fantastic stuff!

Will you be adding neon type billboards as in AOTC?

Hey , now thats a cool idea :p , perhaps I could make some with 3D Max .

Shouldn't be to difficult , and they could have animated textures. And placed somewhere high up , I wouldn't need a walkmesh-block thingy :) .

But I don't know if Coola wants that , but I think they could give an extra touch to the LowerCity décor .

Now on to the Dantooine Area , just started to switch its texture to those used in the SithBase . Done some recoloring to red here and there . Also I'm going to change certain textures , cause I had to enlarge them and that means more pixelness :lol: .Mainly the rim parts , allthough the floor pattern need to be scaled down . But they give an idea on what I'm trying to do .

So feast your eyes on these screenys :p :

Ow and Coola , I'm not sure what to do with those trees and other foliage/Vine thingys on certain parts of the wall . Perhaps I could make them invisble ? And should I change the visible skybox to the same one used in the Taris/Coruscant ?

Just let me know what you want to do with them .

Archonon
07-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Your texture work is amazing Quanon.

I think it would be a great idea to make the neon signs also, it would resemble the Coruscant we know more, although that Coruscant didn;t seem to have much of a dark undercity. Coruscant has been displayed more shiny and clean, even at ground level, than what was orginally printed in the EU and what is seen in Nar Shadaa.

But hey, maybe the PC and company were part of the people who helped Coruscant reach its worldwide absolution and apparent perfection.

Great work!

Quanon
07-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Allright , been working on the door that is mainly used in the Sandrall Estate .
It gave me a headache about the little buttons in the centre of the door ( I thought the doors where more flate , but looks like most doors in Kotor or not as flat as they appear to be .)

Anyway after some testing and checking the orginal texture I settled ( darn spelling ) with this texture :

Theres still one more door left to change . And I'm still pondering about certain others .

glovemaster
07-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Amazing work Quanon, that is awesome ;)

Master Zionosis
07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
That looks amazing Quanon, keep up the good work.

Sith Holocron
07-29-2007, 01:34 PM
I recommend using the Aurabesh font for use in your animated signs. Just a thought!

DarthDredge
07-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Here are some examples of what I was talking about with the "Undercover Sith"
I made three textures for male and three for female, the 1st with the Revan's Sith Empire symbol, the 2nd with the Sith Era symbol, and the 3rd with the other Sith symbol. It would make sense for it to be the 1st, but then everyone would know they were Sith.

Male:
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1969/26847916mh2.jpg http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3293/88007752qv7.jpg http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5675/42212371tk2.jpg

Female:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8743/1ftl7.jpg http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3503/2fek8.jpg http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7803/3fhg3.jpg

ps: they only have lightsabers because that was one of my npc's; they shouldn't really have them. I know some of the emblem placement is off, but I can fix that later, I was in a hurry when I made them.

Let me know what you guys think.

Coola
07-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Ow and Coola , I'm not sure what to do with those trees and other foliage/Vine thingys on certain parts of the wall . Perhaps I could make them invisble ? And should I change the visible skybox to the same one used in the Taris/Coruscant ?

Just let me know what you want to do with them .

It doesn't bother me. Which ever looks better will do fine.

The doors are looking great, good work Quanon!

Let me know what you guys think.

Yeah they look good. They are supposed to be inconspicuous, and i suppose its like You know that they are sith, while its not obvious to everyone else.

Quanon
07-30-2007, 09:51 AM
It doesn't bother me. Which ever looks better will do fine.

The doors are looking great, good work Quanon!

Yeah they look good. They are supposed to be inconspicuous, and i suppose its like You know that they are sith, while its not obvious to everyone else.

Nice , maybe some tatoes on their hands could work aswell ?

And I'll edit this post later on for a new update on the Estate .
Cause it changed alittle again , not much ;)

Alpha Channel is still the one of the old texture , so try to ignore it ;) .
EDIT :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/DanScreen-1.jpg

DarthDredge
07-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Which Sith emblem do you guys like better?

Revan's Sith Empire emblem: http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/RevanSith.png

The regular Sith Empire emblem: http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/OldSith.png
The other Sith Empire emblem:http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/OtherSith.jpg

Edit: I tried out the hand idea. The textures have gloves, so I just put it on the glove, but it is too small to notice and is skewed by being stretched over the model. The lighter color (I changed it to gray) makes it more visible, but it doesn't help much, especially when you see the whole picture and the hand seems even smaller.
http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/hand.jpg

Quanon
07-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Ah darn, Good try out ;)

I think your chest idea will be the best , they where already awesome :D

I just threw out that idea about the hands :p

And I think Revan's Sith emblem is best , since where still in the Kotor Era , but it down to Coola I guess , its his mod .

DarthDredge
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
I fixed the placement of the symbol on each of the textures using the Revan symbol.

Screenshots:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/MaleChest.jpg http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/FemaleChest.jpg

Quanon
07-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I fixed the placement of the symbol on each of the textures using the Revan symbol.

Looking good :p

Just another thought , what about some color variations .

Perhaps turn the brown/white in to more like black/ leather clothing .

I dunno , but we could you use the black ones a smore like "boss" Sith .

Anyway , you work looks cool , keep them comming ;) !!!

DarthDredge
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Looking good :p

Just another thought , what about some color variations .

Perhaps turn the brown/white in to more like black/ leather clothing .

I dunno , but we could you use the black ones a smore like "boss" Sith .

Anyway , you work looks cool , keep them comming ;) !!!
I made a black variation, but I don't know where to put the http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/RevanSith.png. This is the texture without it:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/no1.jpg
The first head picture has closeup of the collar.

Also, I made a skin for the head. I was thinking the head and the black variation could be used for a Sith apprentice or something. The nose is big because I used the commoner head model. The first picture has very light, almost white eyes because I'm not really a fan of Sith eyes. The second one just has normal, dark-brown eyes.
Here's the head:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/head2.jpg http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/head1.jpg

EDIT: I made another female variation:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/fem1.jpg

Here's an idea for the black texture:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/large1.jpg

TheRealDem
08-01-2007, 01:42 AM
God I cant wait til this comes out lookin good I like teh Black better

correllian_thug
08-01-2007, 02:13 AM
woah! i can't believe my eyes! you all are so talented i wish that i was able to do what have achieved, i really can't wait till this is completed!

Quanon
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Wow , very very nice :D !

The "apprintice" looks ace !

Miltiades
08-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Looks very nice, DarthDredge. One thing, though: the symbol on the Male Black robe is too big, I think. Maybe try making it somewhat smaller. But it's nice, really amazing.

The retextured Sandral Estate looks amazing, Quanon. Can't wait to try this out!

Prime
08-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Looks good!

DarthDredge
08-01-2007, 03:02 PM
God I cant wait til this comes out lookin good I like teh Black better
Thanks. I like the black one better, too. The first one was really just to show my idea. I'll probably do a different texture for the regular Sith.

Looks very nice, DarthDredge. One thing, though: the symbol on the Male Black robe is too big, I think. Maybe try making it somewhat smaller. But it's nice, really amazing.
That was just an idea of where to put it. I wasn't really sure what to do with it. If anybody has a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Miltiades
08-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Maybe on the upper arm. Or would that be too small? Or just leave it were it's now, just a bit smaller.

DarthDredge
08-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Here's two more textures:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/mal.jpg http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/fem.jpg

Maybe on the upper arm. Or would that be too small? Or just leave it were it's now, just a bit smaller.
Good idea, I'll try that.

EDIT: I put the emblem on the upper arm, but the texture has two separate parts for the area, so it had to be cut in half. It was no problem and it worked great.

I tried the logo was smaller but in the same place at the same time that I did it how it is in that picture and it looked awkward and out of place.

btw: the same texture is used for both arms, so it has the logo on each side.

Pictures:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/arm1.jpg http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/arm2.jpg

Quanon
08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Perhaps on their backs would work to ??? :p

Dunno , but it looks mega super ultra good !

Dang , better finish my own retexturing work :lol:

Miltiades
08-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Neat, DarthDredge. :)

Quanon
08-02-2007, 01:06 PM
^ What are you doing in Belgium :) ?

Coming to spy on me :D :lol: and my texturing work ;)

Anderst moet ge d'r ergens wonen natuurlijk :p

DarthDredge
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Perhaps on their backs would work to ??? :p

Dunno , but it looks mega super ultra good !

Dang , better finish my own retexturing work :lol:
Thanks.

Good idea. The back is half a texture that it reverses and rotates slightly, so it was kind of confusing at first. Anyway, here's the screenshot:
http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/back.jpg

btw, did you mean with the arms, or by itself?

Quanon
08-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks.

btw, did you mean with the arms, or by itself?

Youre good no doubt about it .

It looks good for me , allthough on the back and arms might be overkill somewhat , dunno .

What's the opinion from the others ?

Miltiades
08-02-2007, 05:06 PM
It looks good for me , allthough on the back and arms might be overkill somewhat , dunno .

I agree. I think it's better on the upper arms than on the back. Most of the time, you attack enemies frontal, and if you want the symbol to be visible, best chance is on the chest or the upper arms.

You're doing a great job, DarthDredge. Keep them coming!

@Quanon: Verdomme, jebt me door! Snel make dak wegkom... :p

rgdelta
08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow nice this is coming along great :-)

Archonon
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
This is very impressive work.

As for the Sith icons I would agree I prefer them in the upper arms instead of the back or even the chest. Though I would think the Sith would want to keep their identities as secretive as possible, I doubt they would announce their presence with known insignias in the heart of the Republic. But then that's not a real issue since the game doesn't take that into account and aesthetically speaking, he insignias do look terrific.

Awesome job DarthDredge, and Quanon...we could hard have asked for a better looking Coruscant from the devs, too bad about the traffic but I don't even care; looks gorgeous.

Will we see ships flying in the upper atmosphere like on Tatooine and other planets?

DarthDredge
08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the input. So I guess you guys want it on just the arm/shoulder?
If anyone has any ideas for more textures, I'd be happy to try them.

EDIT:
I agree. I think it's better on the upper arms than on the back. Most of the time, you attack enemies frontal, and if you want the symbol to be visible, best chance is on the chest or the upper arms.
If you are looking straight at an enemy, all you can see is the edge of the circle when it's on the upper arm. I tried another idea - I put it on the outermost collar, but it's kind of small.

http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/M_blk_chst.jpg

Miltiades
08-03-2007, 09:49 AM
If you are looking straight at an enemy, all you can see is the edge of the circle when it's on the upper arm.

Yeah, well, it's still better than on the back. And you don't always approach an enemy from right in front of him, and you don't always set the camera right behind your character in combat. I think it still would be visible on the upper arm most of the time.

On that last picture, I think that's a very good place to have a symbol, and the size is perfect IMO. Though because it's placed on the collar, it's somewhat strange.

Quanon
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah the back is just a bit big and way to much in the picture even regular republic citizens would notice something :D

Dunno , but there are other models to of citizens or is there only one with lots of different textures ? Perhaps another model would work for the coller .

Ofcourse that depends on how much work you want to do :) .

So far it all looks great .

The traffic is still an option , as I'm sure I retextured all area's and I'm pretty satisfied on how they look .
So I might start thinking on doing an animated Skybox , I found some neat tutorial on how to do this for Kotor , its not that hard .

Will we see ships flying in the upper atmosphere like on Tatooine and other planets?
Uhm , if you have Kotor installed go to Taris , press Capslock and look up , you'll notice that Bioware already added small 3D traffic thats flying around .

Allthough its not as thick and bussy as we have seen in Prequels SW films .

And GloveMaster gave me some good tips to make neat place-ables , so I thinlk I have a couple of good looking options to test and see how it works out.

@Miltiades : Als ge ooit eens in de buurt van Kortrijk zijt moet ge ma eens binnen springen ;)

DarthDredge
08-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Dunno , but there are other models to of citizens or is there only one with lots of different textures ? Perhaps another model would work for the coller .

As far as I can tell, It uses one model, but two different texture styles. The two styles are similar, but the torso faces a different way on each and the collar is completely different. The rest, though, is mostly the same. The first style has a smaller collar area - post #170 and the first picture in #185. The second style has the torso facing the other way and a bigger, more elaborate collar - (the black texture) post #177 and #194 show it well. I could make a version of the black texture in the other style, but it would be different because it would change the collar. Then I could put the Sith symbol on the chest, like with the other style.

Archonon
08-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Uhm , if you have Kotor installed go to Taris , press Capslock and look up , you'll notice that Bioware already added small 3D traffic thats flying around .

Allthough its not as thick and bussy as we have seen in Prequels SW films .

And GloveMaster gave me some good tips to make neat place-ables , so I thinlk I have a couple of good looking options to test and see how it works out.

Yeah that's the traffic in the upper atmosphere I meant, I didn't know if the skybox would have those when I looked up.

However it's also terrific news about the animated skybox and placeables, perhaps it you can manage to make Coruscant even more different than stock Taris with these. Thanks for the info Quanon, absolutely beautiful work.

DarthDredge that looks really good.

This looks like its shaping to be as good as the Jabba's palace addon, darn I hope this is compatible...I have all the MECK mods. Coola would you be able to release some kind of documentation that might list the changes to appearance 2da? I already have a custom one and will have to edit mine to be compatible to this mod once it's released.

Miltiades
08-04-2007, 07:53 AM
The traffic is still an option , as I'm sure I retextured all area's and I'm pretty satisfied on how they look .
So I might start thinking on doing an animated Skybox , I found some neat tutorial on how to do this for Kotor , its not that hard .

Hope you can make it work. It'd be so nice.

@Miltiades : Als ge ooit eens in de buurt van Kortrijk zijt moet ge ma eens binnen springen ;)

Ah, West-Vlamingen onder elkaar! Kzin van Brugge. ;)

Coola
08-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Coola would you be able to release some kind of documentation that might list the changes to appearance 2da? I already have a custom one and will have to edit mine to be compatible to this mod once it's released.

Im planning to have a document with the mod that explains every change to the files which includes the global.jrl, globalcat.2da, the live planet, and now the appearance.2da. So, yeah, hopefully you dont mind getting your hands dirty in the editting the files :).

Both DarthDredge and Quanon I can't thank you enough for your help. This area of modding was never my strong point, and I always hated myself for not being a good artist, but you guys obviously have it down. When ever you think areas/people are finished, send them on over and i'll get them intergrated and I can start posting some combined screenshots. (And of course your names will be all over the credit page!)

Oh also, you both have a reserved spot in the Cantina (or anywhere else you wanna be on the planet, so include in emails and stuff what you want your character to be like!)

Thank you all for your support and contributions!

EDIT: Oh and good luck with the traffic. You don't really have to worry about it if it gets too hard. But it may enhance the upper city experience.

EDIT 2: OH and ALSO, i was able to check out those movies on your photobucket page Quanon. They look really good. I think making a believable Taris/Coruscant area for landing would be too hard, so perhaps it would look ok with just the Ebon Hawk approaching the planet? I don't know. This isn't as needed as the retexturing, so if you feel like giving it a shot in your free time, i would gladly appreciate it!

DarthDredge
08-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I edited the file to have a smaller collar, leaving more room for the Sith emblem:

Click here to see a screenshot (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/alt_black%20chest.jpg)

Tell me what you think!

EDIT:
I'm having problems with the pictures, but if you click the link, you should see it.

Quanon
08-05-2007, 06:16 AM
^ Now thats just awesome !!! :thmbup1:

That skin just fits great , really cool stuff !

Anything sexy for zé Sith ladys :lol: ???

@Coola : Ah , yes the small approach movies , almost forgot about those :D ,
I think I know how I want to tackle that , I'll have to import certain Pieces of the Taris module's into Max , Cut and copy things I need , ditch the rest I don't need .

Really I think it's possible to do , ofcourse it won't be as good as ILM :lol: .
It could take awhile , the small movies on my other site took about +- 6 hours to render , and I didn't went overboard in each short shot of the ship flying by.

But , anyway , I'll do a double check on my textures (organize them per module and such) and pack them up in a Zip or .Rar .

I think your e-mail was on your mod-site right or at the top of this thread ?

Miltiades
08-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Tell me what you think!

I think that's the one. Nicely done!

Quanon
08-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Well , I got back to do some-work :p

ABout , damn time :lol: , been a bit lazy the last days .
And ofcourse I'm putting time to get my first new ever created area for the Kotor games , but that's in another thread here on Holowan .

SO , here's a small test of "animated" sky-box .
Do mind its going ridiculous fast in the shown GIF file and I'll have more controle of the speed when I set up the .TXI file for this texture .

I got two versions , one is with bigger Traffic in front .
Second is just with far away traffic moving.

Second looks a bit better , but this is just the first version.

Enjoy:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ANIME_SKY01.gif

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ANIME_SKY02.gif

Master Zionosis
08-05-2007, 04:55 PM
It looks good, but the thing that's throwing me off is that the traffic is bobbling up and down, lol.

Can't wait to see the finished version.

DarthDredge
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
These are the textures I have made so far:
· Head - Sith-ish eyes (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/head2.jpg))
· Head - Normal eyes (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/head1.jpg))
· The original brown/tan <chest> (Male (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/MaleChest.jpg) | Female (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/FemaleChest.jpg)) I didn't really like these. They were just to show what I meant, but you can have them if you want.
· Female Brown <chest> (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/fem1.jpg))
· Male Red <chest> (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/mal.jpg))
· Female Gray <chest> (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/fem.jpg))
· Male Black:
• <upper arm> (Screen 1 (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/arm1.jpg) | Screen 2 (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/arm2.jpg))
• <chest> with smaller collar (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/alt_black%20chest.jpg))

***I think those were the black textures that everyone seemed to like. I can also put the emblem on the shoulder and the front, if you want.

***<XXXXX> = placement of http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/RevanSith.png

@Coola: Please tell me which textures you want for your mod so I can make a rar file to e-mail to you. I can host them for download If you don't want to fill your inbox. I can upload them to one of my websites and make a link for direct download - It's not like a hosting site with ads and waiting and hard-to-find download links.

I'm still making more, so there will be more updates.

EDIT: You can all say which textures you want included, but Coola gets final say because it's his mod.

Quanon
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
@DarthDredge :

Female Gray and brown look pretty darn good , so I would include them both.
Same goes for MaleBlack Upperarm and Chest.

Don't know about the RedJacket Sith , it might look a lot better in realtime in the game and at full-screen .

NEWS : Edited the Skybox , traffic is now flying around the sky-box .
BUT , it's way to oversized , goes way to fast and one of the sky-textures is bobbing along .

Its looks just nuts now . And it make you nervous , really :lol:

So back to the drawingbord . I also send throw most of my textures to Coola .
I hope he gets them into the game succesfully .

Coola
08-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I agree with Quanon, the grey and brown Female is great. I think male black with the icon on the chest would be best so that its similar to the female. Great job DarthDredge.

On a side note, I am having slight difficulties putting the textures ONLY into Coruscant and not Taris as well. I've been trying to follow the tutorial on these forums for module reskinning, but so far no such luck. Any tips would be great.

Also, don't forget that if anyone has any ideas for small sidequests, dont forget to let me know. I wanna try and get this mod very full, so that it lasts for more than an hour :).

Thanks all. Quanon good luck with the traffic!

Miltiades
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
This (http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2196936&postcount=11) may help too. I used this and I got through it. I have a new module with my new textures without the original module being reskinned. The most annoying part in this is editing the .mdl files with a Hex-editor. It takes a lot of time.

Coola
08-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Thanks Miltiades for the post, it has helped a bit, but im still a bit stuck.

So far I have this (for dantooine sandral estate):
All the texture files that were called LDA_*.tga renamed to ZZA_*.tga

All the .MDL files that i extracted called m16aa_*.mdl to m99ac_*.mdl

All the .MDX files that i extracted called m16aa_*.mdx to m99ac_*.mdx

All the .WOK files that i extracted called m16aa_*.wok to m99ac_*.wok

The m16aa.lyt file renamed to m99ac.lyt with all references to m16aa changed to m99ac (except for "filedependancy"...anyone know what this is?)

The m16aa.vis file renamed to m99ac.vis

HEX edited .vis file to reference m99ac instead of m16aa

HEX edited .mdl files to reference m99ac instead of m16aa and ZZA instead of LDA

Changed the Tag and Room references in the m16aa.are file to point to m99ac, then renamed m16aa.are to m99ac.are

Changed the Mod_Area_List reference in the module.ifo file to point to m99ac, as well as the mod_entry point and name.

Renamed the .git and .pth files from m16aa to m99ac.

I'm not entirly sure where to put the files, but I tried a bunch of combinations of putting the textures and models in the ERF/MOD builder when i make the .mod file, as well as putting it in the Override folder.

So far my best result was the level loading with every wall black, characters/doors/lights all perfectly visible, and weird white squares falling from the skylights(meant to be leaves i think), as well as the tree with white branches.

Any other tips anyone?

Quanon
08-08-2007, 10:00 AM
You sure you putted your .mod in the modules folder and not in the override .

Cause that was one of my dumb mistakes I made , these last days when trying to create a new area/level.

.mod in modules

.mdl and textures in Override .

:lol: No idea if this helped Coola , I'm totally Noob at this .

jonathan7
08-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Also, don't forget that if anyone has any ideas for small sidequests, dont forget to let me know. I wanna try and get this mod very full, so that it lasts for more than an hour :).

Its looking amazing guys :-)

Anyways for a small side quest/meeting I thought that we could run into Quatra (Juhani's Master) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quatra in the Jedi Temple. As her species is unknown how about a Green Jedi Twilek? If the player saves Juhani, Quatra would thank the player and present some sort of gift with some wise words. If the player killed Juhani perhaps Quatra could be a bit off with the player in the Jedi Temple, then later outside the player could run into Quatra; Quatra says, "I sense the Dark Side in you Padawan, you murdered Juhani didnt you?" and then the player could fight Quatra.

Perhaps a really cool Dark Jedi charachter leading the Sith to fight near the end of foiling them, you could ask mjpb3 if you could use her Asaaj Ventress skin if you decided to do this suggestion... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165148&highlight=ventress

Just my 2 cents!

Miltiades
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
.mod in modules

.mdl and textures in Override .

:lol: No idea if this helped Coola , I'm totally Noob at this .

Yep, that's how it goes. .mdl, .mdx, .wok, .vis and .lyt all go in the override.

Coola
08-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Its looking amazing guys :-)

Anyways for a small side quest/meeting I thought that we could run into Quatra (Juhani's Master) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quatra in the Jedi Temple. As her species is unknown how about a Green Jedi Twilek? If the player saves Juhani, Quatra would thank the player and present some sort of gift with some wise words. If the player killed Juhani perhaps Quatra could be a bit off with the player in the Jedi Temple, then later outside the player could run into Quatra; Quatra says, "I sense the Dark Side in you Padawan, you murdered Juhani didnt you?" and then the player could fight Quatra.

Perhaps a really cool Dark Jedi charachter leading the Sith to fight near the end of foiling them, you could ask mjpb3 if you could use her Asaaj Ventress skin if you decided to do this suggestion... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165148&highlight=ventress

Just my 2 cents!

Some interesting ideas there. Thanks I like the juhani story being continued.

Yep, that's how it goes. .mdl, .mdx, .wok, .vis and .lyt all go in the override.

Yeah, modules in the modules folder was one of the first things i learnt. Still, the problem isn't solved when the other files are in the override folder. So it must be a problem with the HEX editing, or renaming. I'll give it another go, theres just soooo many .mdl files to edit :(

I'm going to start a seperate topic for this problem.

Ztalker
08-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Superb work guys. Every single part of this project seems good. Can't wait fot this to be released :D

I just thought of something..

You guys are using Nar Shadda modules for this mod right? Is it possible to create another Swoop Race as well then? :)

Miltiades
08-12-2007, 08:12 AM
No, this mod is for Kotor, so Coola can't use the Nar Shaddaa modules. Instead he'll use the Taris and Dantooine modules.

Gargoyle King
08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Superb work guys. Every single part of this project seems good. Can't wait fot this to be released :D

I just thought of something..

You guys are using Nar Shadda modules for this mod right? Is it possible to create another Swoop Race as well then? :)This is for KOTOR, sorry but that's porting! ;)
For the swoop racing, the Taris one can be re-used or any other swoop track from Kotor for that matter (although Manaan etc. would look quite strange in Coruscant, better to stick to the Taris tracks).

Quanon
08-12-2007, 03:53 PM
This is for KOTOR, sorry but that's porting! ;)
For the swoop racing, the Taris one can be re-used or any other swoop track from Kotor for that matter (although Manaan etc. would look quite strange in Coruscant, better to stick to the Taris tracks).

And they look a bit differant cause they use my textures aswell :D

Yeah ! :lol:

Allthough Coola is having a hard time to get them implemented just for his modules .

Ztalker
08-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Oh, sorry about that...

*slaps himself with a haring out of shame*

But anyways, Taris and Manaan are nice enough :D

Gargoyle King
08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
And they look a bit differant cause they use my textures aswell :DCan the swoop tracks be retextured? Wow, i never knew that was possible, so is the swoop tracks like any normal module then?Oh, sorry about that...

*slaps himself with a haring out of shame*

But anyways, Taris and Manaan are nice enough :DThat's alright, still any Swoop racing is better than none! :thumbsup:

Quanon
08-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Can the swoop tracks be retextured? Wow, i never knew that was possible, so is the swoop tracks like any normal module then?That's alright, still any Swoop racing is better than none! :thumbsup:

Indeed , the swoop-track module just use the same-textures of the planet its located .

And to my suprise dantooine even uses a texture out Taris.

Ofcourse the track isn't any different , just its "look" .

Coola
08-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Allthough Coola is having a hard time to get them implemented just for his modules

You can say that again! I hope your having better luck with the traffic than I am with this.

By the way, did you guys actually want a Swoop Track in it?

Archonon
08-16-2007, 06:02 AM
I feel a swoop track is really more of a bonus than a real necessity. I do play the swoop track games but more out of a sense to complete everything than a real need for the swoop games, they're ok but I don't spend much more time on the tracks than it takes to finish them in the necessary playthroughs.

If the swoop track is giving you too many problems to implement I think it isn't really necessary, I'm much more interested in quests and things related to the PCs purpose for being in Coruscant.

I do hope the traffic makes it in though, it would certainly set it apart from Taris and create more ambiance. But this is also eye candy and a luxury I suppose, if it can't be done it won't be the end of the world.

Great work you guys.

Quanon
08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
So far I haven't worked much on the traffic yet . :s

Been busy testing Magnulls Kaurora and all , aswell as workin on Sleheyron for Team-Jawa ( The K1RP project.)

But I haven't forgot about it .

Ow , and Coola , is it okay , if I upload the Taris/Coruscant textures to Rapidshare or MegaUpload .

I've tried to make to Rar , but it stays just a bit to big to attach it to an e-mail .

If its okay with you I'll upload them to one of those sites , I'll PM or e-mail you the hyperlinks , ;)

Coola
08-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Coola , is it okay , if I upload the Taris/Coruscant textures to Rapidshare or MegaUpload

If its okay with you I'll upload them to one of those sites , I'll PM or e-mail you the hyperlinks , ;)

Yep thats fine, just let me know the links and keep them secret. Dont want anyone else grabing them :)

Little update on my problem. When I implemented the Lower Security Center textures, the same blackness happened, but i noticed something i didn't see in the upper center. Because the lower center has enemies, I was being attacked. I noticed that their blaster fire "lit up the darkness" of the black textures to reveal them underneath.

I've posted a screenie here (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/MediaPictures/TextureProb/textureprob1.jpg), but i cant tell if they're your textures or not Quanon. Either way, I have no idea what this problem might be.

Miltiades
08-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Could it be lightmaps? The place is awfully dark, though you can slightly see the textures...

Quanon
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Yep , those are my Textures .

Strange effect ???

I hope its not something I did wrong in Photoshop ? Do they work when you just dump them in the Override folder ?

Else I might have to look at thema again .

Coola
08-17-2007, 10:09 PM
If i dump them in the override folder, they work fine (they look great by the way). If it's something to do with the lightmaps, is it my hex editing of the .vis file my problem?

Argh, the solution must be so close!

EDIT:

Also, i've updated my website a bit, with a download link for the teaser, as well as an easier way to submit your request to be a character (if you haven't done so already, I would urge you to do so)

Thanks

Quanon
08-18-2007, 06:18 AM
If i dump them in the override folder, they work fine (they look great by the way). If it's something to do with the lightmaps, is it my hex editing of the .vis file my problem?

Argh, the solution must be so close!

EDIT:

Also, i've updated my website a bit, with a download link for the teaser, as well as an easier way to submit your request to be a character (if you haven't done so already, I would urge you to do so)

Thanks

^^Ow , forgot to fill that in , Trandoshan scumback suits me fine ;) .
I like the lizards :giggle1:

Ah , great to hear you enjoy the textures , cause things always look a bit differant in Screenshots .

Coola
08-18-2007, 06:20 AM
I've just noticed soming in all the .mdl files.
In the module m09aa, each model files contain references to themselves twice, and then the rest of the instances have _lm# after it. This might be whats causing it, because it seems like it could be "Light Map", so i'm going to try just editing the two instances at the start of each model file.

SUPER DOOPER MASSIVE EDIT:
YES!! VICTORY IS MINE!! That was the problem. Ahhh the relief. Looks like i'll be updating the Gallery part of my site very soon. :)

Miltiades
08-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats, Coola. Looking forward to an update in the gallery.

Quanon
08-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I've just noticed soming in all the .mdl files.
In the module m09aa, each model files contain references to themselves twice, and then the rest of the instances have _lm# after it. This might be whats causing it, because it seems like it could be "Light Map", so i'm going to try just editing the two instances at the start of each model file.

SUPER DOOPER MASSIVE EDIT:
YES!! VICTORY IS MINE!! That was the problem. Ahhh the relief. Looks like i'll be updating the Gallery part of my site very soon. :)

ALLRIGHT !

Can't wait to see the result , Coola .

I hope everything turns out right now , :) .

Does the sky-box work , cause I had a couple of differant versions in the folder and I'm not sure if I actually sended you the right ones . :nut:

Ow , the shame Roll Eyes :rolleyes:

MetalMark
08-18-2007, 03:35 PM
as well as an easier way to submit your request to be a character (if you haven't done so already, I would urge you to do so)

I submitted my charcter reqeust. Also the mod is looking great. Checked your site and really liked all the things it will get.

Coola
08-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Does the sky-box work , cause I had a couple of differant versions in the folder and I'm not sure if I actually sended you the right ones

Yeah it looks fine, not sure which version you are refering too.

I submitted my charcter reqeust. Also the mod is looking great. Checked your site and really liked all the things it will get.

Thanks MetalMark, looking forward to seeing you, and all of the other twenty or so characters in the Cantina. Want some Blue Milk while you wait? Or maybe some Death Sticks? :)

Quanon
08-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah it looks fine, not sure which version you are refering too.

Are LTS_sky0004Fix and LTS_sky0001Fix included ? If so I would advise to use these :) , as the orginal 0004 and 0001 where not "blended nicely into eachother .

THe Fix versions should blend nicely in , and you shouldn't be able to see a clear cut in one of the corners of the Box surrounding most modules .

Taris is a bit forgiving as there are lots of buildings obscuring the view , but I like to have it perfect .

I think I removed the LTS_0001 to 0004 ANIMES , if they'are in there , don't use them , they're a sucky trial version of the traffic in the sky .

Unless you want the effect of a deathstick in use , really they suck .

Anyways , I hope you get it finished soon as I'm looking forward to the quests and dialogs . Good luck on the rest of your project . ;)

DarthDredge
08-20-2007, 07:23 PM
It looks like this mod is coming along pretty well.

I can do more textures if you want. If there is anything else you would like me to do, I would be happy to help! :)

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Ooooo... this mod looks beautiful. I'll have to keep track of the progress.

Coola
08-22-2007, 07:58 AM
DarthDredge, thanks for your help with the Sith Textures. I havn't got around to editing to the .2da files to implement them, but from what I can see through dumping, they look damn cool. Don't forget to submit your character to be on coruscant on my main site. Theres special seats reserved for you and Quanon ;)

Ghost Down
08-22-2007, 08:03 AM
This is coming along nicely I see, btw. I submited my character over a week ago and I still got no reply :(

- Ghost Down

Coola
08-22-2007, 08:07 AM
This is coming along nicely I see, btw. I submited my character over a week ago and I still got no reply :(

- Ghost Down

Sorry about that, I thought i replied to all of them, but checking it now it seems like i havn't...woops...Never fear, i shall reply immedietly.

PS: Don't worry, I would have stopped telling people about it if it was full. Your place is still secured :)

Ghost Down
08-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Ah, ok. That's cool. Btw, the character I submitted was called Credge ;)

EDIT: I got your email Coola! :)

- Ghost Down

Coola
08-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Howdy folks, just updating with some news with the Gallery.

I've completly remade the gallery section of the site, throwing all the old pictures, and updating them completely.

The Gallery page (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/gallery.htm) is split into the following sections:
The Upper City - link (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/coruscantuppergallery.htm)
The Lower City - link (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/coruscantlowergallery.htm)
And Misc - which currently has no pictures.

Most of the pictures are only to show off Quanon's awesome work. Nearly all of the textures are intergrated (although some i'm still putting in).

Hope they look good!

Miltiades
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Great pictures! I'm really looking forward to this. A question arose when looking at the pictures, particularly the Jedi Temple Docking Bay. Are you going to have any movies that show the Ebon Hawk arriving at the Jedi Temple? I guess that's very difficult to do, but because there's already the movie of the Ebon Hawk escaping Taris, I thought it was possible.

Also, will you use voice actors for human characters? I'm not offering myself as one, as I'm not a native English speaker (though I think I can cover that well enough :)), but I was just wondering how you'll do this?

Anyway, good luck!

Quanon
08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Great pictures! I'm really looking forward to this. A question arose when looking at the pictures, particularly the Jedi Temple Docking Bay. Are you going to have any movies that show the Ebon Hawk arriving at the Jedi Temple? I guess that's very difficult to do, but because there's already the movie of the Ebon Hawk escaping Taris, I thought it was possible.

Also, will you use voice actors for human characters? I'm not offering myself as one, as I'm not a native English speaker (though I think I can cover that well enough :)), but I was just wondering how you'll do this?

Anyway, good luck!
Not yet ;)

I've been trying to puzzle the buildings from Taris back together in Max .

So far I've been extracting lots of things I don't need . :(

Anyways , a short movie of the Ebon-Hawk approaching the planet , shouldn't be impossible to make .

THough it wouldn't be Bioware quality . ( I don't have a "Render"-room :p )

Miltiades
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Well, maybe not BioWare quality, but from the things Archon II did (the M4-78 landing), it comes pretty close. But I see you were already trying, Quanon... nice... :p

Master Zionosis
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Not yet ;)

I've been trying to puzzle the buildings from Taris back together in Max .

So far I've been extracting lots of things I don't need . :(

Anyways , a short movie of the Ebon-Hawk approaching the planet , shouldn't be impossible to make .

THough it wouldn't be Bioware quality . ( I don't have a "Render"-room :p )

Ahhh, well I beg to differ, if you can work it right they can come out looking like an instant copy of Bioware's. I have, just ask Glovemaster, I'm doing the video's for his mod :)

The hard part is getting the sound in synch with the video.

Ztalker
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Awesome screenshots!

The Upper City looks just as 'rich' and 'elite' like in the movies, with all the warm colours and the gold details. There is still more then enough metal to keep it city-like though :)

The Under city is exactly what I imagined it to be. We saw a glimpse of it in Episode 2, with all the rust, neon and all.

Overall; excellent job! It really gives me the Coruscant feeling :D

Sith Holocron
08-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Another suggestion:

On Tatooine in the Czerka office, the Czerka flunky mentions that a kiosk is available on Coruscant for complaints and the like (during business hours.) Might it not be humorous to have that kiosk on Coruscant and have it always closed?

By the way, has anything come of those neon signs?

Coola
08-26-2007, 06:00 AM
I've released a second teaser trailer, mainly to show off Quanon's work.

Watch It - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZLz6XFR4XQ) / Main Site (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/secondteaser.htm)
Download It - RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/51173840/CoreKotOR_CoruscantMod_Teaser02.mpg.html)

Enjoy!

--------
@Miltiades - I'm not sure if i'm going to do voices yet. We'll see later on. Right now i'm not really thinking about it.

@Sith Holocron - I forgot all about Czerka...hmmm maybe I should add them in. I do have a spare area where they could fit... Thanks for that, giving me ideas now :).

Rogue15 Fan
08-26-2007, 06:05 AM
wow that looks so cool, it would be so confusing to do all that!