PDA

View Full Version : What Would it Take to Kill Revan/Exile?

Emperor Devon
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Spawned from the page-long debates in the Revan vs. Nihilus thread, arise from the dark pits that bore you, new thread! Show yourself to the world! May they all gaze upon you and see you for what you truly are!

Introductions out of the way, what does everyone think it would take to kill Revan? (Or the Exile if you think she's more powerful) I saw a fair number of posts in the Revan vs. Nihilus thread that said he'd be able to defeat Nihilus or 100 Jedi Masters at once, but regardless of how powerful or not he is we know he's still a mortal that bleeds if he's stabbed or dies if he's shot.

I'd put my money on... Two full squads of (standard) Sith troopers. 24 to 1 is terrible odds. One squad alone would probably have give him a lot of trouble and would have a high chance of killing him, but I think two would do it for certain. Two squads would probably also be enough to do in the Exile.

For the sake of giving us all less to type, let's assume it's just Revan/Exile in an arena versus whatever odds you think would do it. (So his/her vaunted war-winning strategic genius wouldn't be of any use :p)

Anyway, what do you all think?

stoffe
07-09-2007, 06:35 PM
what does everyone think it would take to kill Revan?

One sleeping Revan (human, and thus needs to sleep) and an assassin with just about any weapon of choice (blaster, dagger, lightsaber, whatever). For all their power, force affinity and genius Revan is still a human being who can quite easily be killed by a quick coup de grāce if caught helpless or by surprise.

Or, within the context of the game, one Force Cage and a Saul Karath willing to kill right away rather than incarcerate for Malak to do so later. :)

JawaJoey
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Anyone who spams thermal detonators long enough.

Balderdash
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
In terms of gameplay, I could most likely take out 24 troopers at once with force powers. Easy. As long as their levels are at a reasonable number in comparison to my own.

In terms of story, it's got to be either a really powerful force user and/or duelist, who is actually MORE powerful than the protagonists of the games (under most circumstances, Revan probably would indeed lose to Nihilus in a fair fight, but there's another thread for that discussion).

OR - an assassin who just has a lot of luck, like stoffe said (although you said a fair, gladiatorial-style fight, so this is irrelevant).

Lord Foley
07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Each other.

SilentScope001
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
35 troopers. Make sure to continue fighting them and prevent them from using Heal powers or Medpacks, and you'll be sure to take them out. 24 just leave them hanging.

Bee Hoon
07-09-2007, 11:02 PM
All of the above, a pack of terentateks and no USM installed:p

darthcarth
07-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I think it would take more then standard troopers too take out any of those two well unless you had a army. On the other hand 5 or so full sized rancors would tear bolth of them to shreads.

playloud
07-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Lucasarts has killed them both by not funding hiring a company to make K3!

Phantom Knight
07-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Just get Exile and Revan to fight each other, and see who will win. When either one of them dies, you'll know what it would take to kill either Revan/Exile. Simple as that!

Prime
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
This guy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Dw_megs.jpg

Jediphile
07-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Same thing that kills comic books heroes - bad sale...

adamqd
07-10-2007, 12:15 PM
What does everyone think it would take to kill Revan? (Or the Exile if you think she's more powerful)

Not the "True Sith" that's for Damn sure!

Sabretooth
07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Five clones of Kreia. Revan/Exile would suicide.

PoiuyWired
07-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Not really, even heros with a big fan base would get killed due to some storyline, even if you are a redhead with a nice fan club.

And yes, lets hope that no nice heros would ever get a lame death like chewie, surely don't do him justice.

SilentScope001
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Not the "True Sith" that's for Damn sure!

Actually, a True Sith kill may be pretty good for Revan and Exile. I wouldn't contest that. How else can one prove the True Sith are great unless they actually score a victory? If they don't, then it just makes Revan and Exile so uber-powerful I would dislike it.

playloud
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Revan/Exile doesn't stand a chance against...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/playloud/smalldarth.jpg

Mindtwistah
07-10-2007, 04:48 PM
One of the old sith masters, like Naga Sadow. They would give both Revan and the Exile some serious asswhooping.

Fredi
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
A Skywalker

GarfieldJL
07-10-2007, 08:59 PM
A typo in a story but they are revived from the dead when Lucasarts rules it to be noncanon.

Bee Hoon
07-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Five clones of Kreia. Revan/Exile would suicide. :lol: Too true!

Hallucination
07-10-2007, 11:54 PM
One kitten with poisoned needles hidden under his fur, placed where he wouldn't lick himself.

JawaJoey
07-11-2007, 02:31 AM
One kitten with poisoned needles hidden under his fur, placed where he wouldn't lick himself.

Well, that's a given.

Allronix
07-11-2007, 03:18 AM
For the Revan I write? Kreia to set up the plans and get her alone. Sion, Nihilus, and the element of surprise to finish. Of course, like the Marquis de Carabas in Gaiman's Neverwhere, Revan DID have a back-up plan...

For the Exile I write? Mical after some growing up, coupled with a nasty distraction from Canderous.

And what ACTUALLY kills Kreia? Revan, Mical, and the mother of all exorcisms.

Emperor Devon
07-11-2007, 03:51 AM
Heh, am I the only one who thinks they're mortal enough to be killed by regular, run-of-the-mill Sith troopers? :p

Corinthian
07-11-2007, 05:36 AM
No. They're Jedi. Genre conventions state that no one can ever be killed by an errant blaster bolts. To be slain by Generic Hostiles, they must survive for far too long against impossible odds and take dozens, perhaps even hundreds to thousands with him, a la Ganner Rhysode.

stoffe
07-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Heh, am I the only one who thinks they're mortal enough to be killed by regular, run-of-the-mill Sith troopers? :p

No, if caught by surprise or helpless/asleep even a Sith trooper with a fillet knife could kill them instantly by slitting their throats. But if you arrange the confrontation so they meet on Revan's terms, when a Jedi is strongest in a direct staged combat, then a single Sith Trooper wouldn't stand much of a chance.

(Unless it's a Sith Trooper who makes a suicide bombing attack against them during that battle with an explosive device with a blast too large and powerful to dodge. Even Jedi reflexes and premonition is useless if it's impossible to evade the danger no matter what.)

The Architect
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Jar-Jar talking and Darth Malak laughing at his jokes.

Nancy Allen``
07-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Ever heard of Order 66?

A fully tooled up Revan or Exile would be an absolute nightmare. Spam Force Wave or Death Field\Force Storm. In lightsaber combat Yoda might be able to take Revan. But from what I've seen the two are by far the most powerful. Any attempt on them would have to be done with secracy and surprise.

Totenkopf
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Assuming they're at the peak of their powers, it would probably take more than a few "regular" sith troopers in arena style combat. However, if they were fighting dirty (some form of force suppression), it would be more plausible. Stoffe is right, though, that it wouldn't necessarily be hard to kill them if they were already in a vulnerable state (sick, sleeping, completely distracted, etc..). That's how Palp's master went down. Of course, if ROTS is any indication, you might not really need more than a few good clones at a bad moment...

Sabretooth
07-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Revan/Exile doesn't stand a chance against...

*Blasphemous Image*

I'm going to sue you for melting my brain.

adamqd
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Actually, a True Sith kill may be pretty good for Revan and Exile. I wouldn't contest that. How else can one prove the True Sith are great unless they actually score a victory? If they don't, then it just makes Revan and Exile so uber-powerful I would dislike it.

I meant it in the way that K3 probably won't be made therefore no true sithing, I actually dislike the true Sith idea, and as nothing other than kreias rambling mentions them I consider them non existent, but like you say I don't think Revan should be invincible

Hallucination
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Heh, am I the only one who thinks they're mortal enough to be killed by regular, run-of-the-mill Sith troopers? :pWhen did kittens become the deathstars? o_Q

GarfieldJL
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Ever heard of Order 66?

A fully tooled up Revan or Exile would be an absolute nightmare. Spam Force Wave or Death Field\Force Storm. In lightsaber combat Yoda might be able to take Revan. But from what I've seen the two are by far the most powerful. Any attempt on them would have to be done with secracy and surprise.

I think Revan and/or Exile would choose to temporarily side with the Jedi (assuming darkside) or would side with Jedi automatically (assuming lightside) either because they don't like the competition from Palpatine (that and Revan felt he needed the Jedi for his little war to come) or they think Palpatine is a maniac.

As far as the Kreias, they'd be too busy trying to manipulate or kill each other as they fight over Revan and the Exile. Remember Kreia loved Revan as a student and loved the Exile, so Revan would probably talk the Kreias into fighting each other to the death.

Corinthian
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
This whole "If they caught Revan while he's sleeping". First of all, Revan is a freaking Jedi Knight. Jedi Knights never get caught off guard sleeping, usually because they don't sleep all that much, they use meditation that allows them to get the benefits of sleep while remaining conscious or something, however that works. So that is right out. About the only thing that could beat him are Ysalamiri, massive numbers of grunt enemies that just wear him down, or orbital bombardments.

GarfieldJL
07-11-2007, 05:50 PM
This whole "If they caught Revan while he's sleeping". First of all, Revan is a freaking Jedi Knight. Jedi Knights never get caught off guard sleeping, usually because they don't sleep all that much, they use meditation that allows them to get the benefits of sleep while remaining conscious or something, however that works. So that is right out. About the only thing that could beat him are Ysalamiri, massive numbers of grunt enemies that just wear him down, or orbital bombardments.

Didn't he survive massive numbers of grunt enemies single handedly carving a path of carnage to face and defeat Malek. Didn't he also survive an orbital bombardment and escape, I don't think those would kill Revan.

Corinthian
07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
He managed to evade the orbital bombardment because he was already escaping when it started. As for the massive numbers of grunts, well, they really weren't all that massive. A hundred, maybe, a few at a time. A thousand at once would get him. 800 with blasters, 200 with Vibroblades or Stun Batons.

GarfieldJL
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
You honestly think someone could catch Revan in a situation like that, the man was a strategic genius.

Emperor Devon
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, we're operating under the assumption this would be Revan vs. whatever you think could kill him in an arena-style battle.

But yeah, it's possible. No matter how good he is at tactics there's no real way to avoid being ambushed or back-stabbed. Malak and Bastila (and also Saul) did that to him well enough. :p

Corinthian
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Actually, yes, I think someone could catch Revan in a situation like that. It's not that complicated. It's called 'Revan's on board, seal the decks around him, get all our troopers together in a bottleneck and wait for him to breach one of the doors.'

I'd say a Voxyn hunting pack could probably bring him down, too.

TheExileReturns
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
old age would kill them, Just like it killed Yoda

Nancy Allen``
07-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Force ghost. "Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine".

PoiuyWired
07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Actually, yes, I think someone could catch Revan in a situation like that. It's not that complicated. It's called 'Revan's on board, seal the decks around him, get all our troopers together in a bottleneck and wait for him to breach one of the doors.'

I'd say a Voxyn hunting pack could probably bring him down, too.

As we know it, no voxyn hunting pack can kill any main characters :)

Main characters, unlike minor chracters, are not subject to the swarm-kill rule, unless that is part of the story, then anything can happen(like having a sad chewie death).

Well, even a minor character can pull off a "none shall pass" death though.

GarfieldJL
07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
There is also the killing off of Anakin Solo, then blaming it on George Lucas rip...

Davinq
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
A very, very big gun.

Reclaimer
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
My Revan can beat up your Revan.

XP

Niftyeye
07-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Hmm maybe Sith Troopers armed with Slug Throwers (they the shots cannot be sent right back) to pin Revan/Exile in place, also a few grenadiers to support plus an Officer to keep the soldiers fighting hard.

stoffe
07-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Hmm maybe Sith Troopers armed with Slug Throwers (they the shots cannot be sent right back)

Hmm, where was this established? I find it somewhat peculiar that kinetic impact projectiles cannot be deflected while energy/plasma weapons can. If a lightsaber is able to slice through an armored blast door it should be able to vaporize a bullet on impact.

And even if this is the case you'd think a force user would be able to telekinetically push back incoming projectiles.

Nancy Allen``
07-14-2007, 06:33 PM
On Jedi Academy I play as one of my RPG characters and always pwn Mara Jade sniping with a concussion rifle.

PoiuyWired
07-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Hmm, where was this established? I find it somewhat peculiar that kinetic impact projectiles cannot be deflected while energy/plasma weapons can. If a lightsaber is able to slice through an armored blast door it should be able to vaporize a bullet on impact.

And even if this is the case you'd think a force user would be able to telekinetically push back incoming projectiles.

Well, from what we know lightsabers indeed cannot deflect pieces of "stuff", namely bullets and slugs and whatever it is. Vaporizing a bullet would probably be a bad idea then, since you would get hit by a charging stream of superheated gasous-isque mixture(or even plasma if it is broken down enough). But using physical projectile against a force user is probably not such a good idea to start with. Even without lightsaber those slugs and things(and even 'nades) can be deflected back at you with pin point accuracy. Now, sending a blast of super fine meterial shards would work though I suppose, since the jedi may miss (may being the keyword here) a few of these pieces travelling at hyper velocity, even if he decides to blow them out of his way. Speaking of which, liquid launched at hypervelocity would work even better, especially if such liquid itself is hazardous, like super-heated, acidic, poisonous, etc.

Remember, throw enough mud against the wall and some will stick, and thats basically how you kill one of these jedi scumbags. no matter how good they are, if you throw enough stuff at them, sooner or later they will go OOM and that bit of fatigue is going to let that little shot go thru his defences, and BAM!

Well it is weird that it works on plasma though.

However, using a sonic weapon seems to work quite well. It cannot be deflected by lightsaber, and probably cannot be deflected back easily with the force. Well it doesn't mean that the Jedi/sith would get hit though. He might just shield himself from the attack, absorb it and/or move out of the way.

I always wonder though, what would a dustcloud of cortosis alloy do to the lightsabers. :)

ONE FINAL THING, Jedi can only DEFLECT A RELATIVELY WEAK ENERGY BEAM ATTACK. So get a BIGGER GUN. Even Yod in all his glory cannot deflect a DeathStar shot.

MacTavish
07-15-2007, 04:39 PM
What about a flamethrower? :flamethro

SilentScope001
07-15-2007, 09:39 PM
ONE FINAL THING, Jedi can only DEFLECT A RELATIVELY WEAK ENERGY BEAM ATTACK. So get a BIGGER GUN. Even Yod in all his glory cannot deflect a DeathStar shot.

I'm sorry but where is this information you are getting? Unless George Lucas specfically says that Yoda CANNOT deflect a Death Star Shot, it must be assumed that Yoda CAN deflect a Death Star Shot, just that he chooses not to.

;)

PoiuyWired
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Well, for that to work he would have to have a saber that is longer and wider. And he does not have such a lightsaber.

Corinthian
07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Actual plausible means of killing him? The Cavrilhu Pirates in Spectre of the Past had a good idea with their trick. It's basically a room filled with rods that project out of the walls with a bunch of gravity well projectors, plus an air pump. As soon as you enter the room, the gravity well projectors start doing a dance, getting the Jedi real disoriented, then the rods come out and pin the Jedi in place. Then the air pump pumps all the air out of the room, and the Jedi dies. Ta.

Another good way? Six guys with ACP Array Blasters, or, alternatively, ordinary shotguns. That many things coming from the same general direction can't be reasonably reflected, and if they're on different directions, well, Revan can just kiss Bastila goodbye.

Other alternatives include: Planting bombs on the Ebon Hawk, rig them with two triggers. Either A: Proximity, or B: Hyperspace jump. You'd need to wire it into the hyperdrive to pull this off, but that's not a huge problem. Even if Revan gets his danger sense going and investigates, he's vaporized in the blast. Even if he somehow figures it out and stays away from the bomb, that means he can never use the Ebon Hawk again and is stranded. Even if he manages to find another means of transit, it won't be near as fast as the Ebon Hawk, the Sith would turn it into scrap.

A full scale orbital bombardment (Base Delta Zero) would kill anyone. They'd just need to time it right instead of jumping the gun and beginning the bombardment right before Revan gets on the Ebon Hawk. If they had moved just ten minutes faster, Revan would have been toast at Taris.

PoiuyWired
07-20-2007, 01:04 PM
ll you need is One Emo Gizka. Emo Gizka keeps killing himself, and keeps duplicating. That would consume anything in the confined ship, food, air and even space. Nothing like being killed by a huge encompressing mass of gizkas imploding inside the Ebon Hawk.

Hallucination
07-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Universe over, PoiuyWired has just won life.

i_shot_the_jedi
07-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Destroy his ship.

Shortynds
08-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Destroying his ship wouldn't be enough, as KotOR I proved.

Ben Bryddia
09-03-2007, 01:29 AM
SPOILERS!! Corinthian is right, I think, realistically voxyn all at once would definitly cuase damage. Personally though I say Darth Caedus could kill Revan OR Exile in a simple arena setting. For one thing, Caedus has the Skywalker blood. That means MASSIVE Force connection, one thing neither Revan or Exile really have. Next, Caedus spent five years learning from every Force sensative culture or society he could find. giving him abilities like severing his tie to the Force temporarily, fixing the future, and presumably a varrietie of Fallanassi powers Revan and dear old Exy have never known about. Next comes Caedus's ability to imbrace pain, meaning he could absorb massive amounts of negative nurological feedback. He also is a very acomplished lightsaber duelist and to top it off he has all the Force connection pirks of a Sith lord. Post Script: Caedus is evil Jacen Solo. Finall Note: I think I may add a tip top condition Cade Skywalker to bring Jacen back from the dead if he gets killed. (See Legacy Volume one Broken if you don't beleive me.)

TehBombKerushii
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
If you're talkin game-play for Revan it might be one or maybe even two (depending on when s/he is attacked and how powerful s/he had become) Sith lords (not those cheap@$$ ones, the good 'ol ones ;D) For the Exile perhaps 20-30 sith assasians with a few grenades thrown in there. However if you're talkin about if they were LS and beyond game-play maybe if someone was actually sly enough to kidnap someone they care about (i.e Bastila, Carth, Atton, Handmaiden ect..) than do like an eye for an eye kinda thing (ya know, 'I kill you, love goes free' shmeel) I belive that in itself would be enough to bring them down. Won't work if they're DS though. XD

Darth Manus
01-13-2008, 01:01 AM
You need to take the Stormtrooper Effect into consideration. The more troopers you mass against them, the more they'll miss. On top of that, either of them would kill about half the troopers by simply deflecting their blaster shots back at them if we use movie physics. If not, a couple of Force Storms will do them all in.

DarthJebus05
01-13-2008, 01:15 AM
My Revan can beat up your Revan.

XP

Nah uh!

JediMasterJambi
01-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Amazing...Am...Am I the first person to actually say on this theard....
Chuck Norris?

RobQel-Droma
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I myself would just shoot them with a run-of-the-mill blaster, right in the head. Seems to me like that would kill both of them pretty good.

TKA-001
01-14-2008, 09:57 AM
I'd say Darth Nihilus wouldn't have trouble against Revan.

Can't be sure about Exile, though.

igyman
01-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Old age and if not, then... Palpatine!! :devburn:

Feenix
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Actually, I believe everyone is over looking the most obviouse answer... what could kill Revan and the Exile? Simple.. Atton. Remember his training.

Arcesious
01-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Either a being kileld by there ships beign destroyed and blowign up or HK-47

Mace MacLeod
01-16-2008, 05:58 AM
What would kill Revan or the Exile? Everyone missed the most obvious thing:

KotOR III being made into a MMORPG instead of a single-player sequel.

Darth Manus
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
For goodness' sake, NO! I can already imagine LucasArts making Revan a raid boss so some hardcore nolifers can kill him once a week for epics...

RobQel-Droma
01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
:p Oh, come on. I can see it now: World of Knights of the Old Republic. And here comes the expansion: World of Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, where you can go to Malachor V and enter the Trayus raid dungeon to kill Kreia with your forty-man raid group, over and over and over. Or go to the Unknown Regions to some Ancient Sith Temple with an unpronounceable name where you can do the same to Revan.

PoiuyWired
01-18-2008, 11:02 AM
No Kidding. And every lv70 Sith character would be wearing Revan's Mask...
On the bright side, everyone can have a gizka epic mount.

Talyn82
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I think anything or anyone can kill Revan or the Exile, given the right circumstances. After all they're not Gods.

Feenix
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
They've already tryed something similar to this.. it was called StarWars Galaxies and it failed miserably... sad to, starting off it held so much promise.

Hawkstrong16
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
HK-47 could do it. if it didn't go against his programing.

If not that then two full squads of Sith troopers, one squad of HK-50 units, with five dark Jedi knights, and two Sith lords. that would kill both the Exile and Revan at the same time.

Rev7
01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
If not that then two full squads of Sith troopers, one squad of HK-50 units, with five dark Jedi knights, and two Sith lords. that would kill both the Exile and Revan at the same time.
In your opinion of course... but that seems like one of the more logical posts in this thread. Although, that is a lot of 'dark-jedi' to 'take-care' of with only two (maybe one, depending on what you meant in your post) people/ person. But one of the more logical post, as I said before. :)

Hawkstrong16
01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
In your opinion of course... but that seems like one of the more logical posts in this thread. Although, that is a lot of 'dark-jedi' to 'take-care' of with only two (maybe one, depending on what you meant in your post) people/ person. But one of the more logical post, as I said before. :)

I mean the Exile and Revan fighting together against the threat.

In your opinion of course... but that seems like one of the more logical posts in this thread.

Thank you!

(although I still think HK-47 would do better ;))

Rev7
01-22-2008, 01:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
Your welcome. Most people think that Revan (and even the Exile) are invincible. I guess some people can't grasp that concept.

Hawkstrong16
01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah. I don't understand why people think that. Sure Revan and the Exile are powerful Jedi but so were a crap load of other Jedi that got killed. When your fighting a Jedi the things that matter most are numbers and weapons.

(I still vote for HK-47)

Ztalker
01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Ooh! My turn! :)

To get him killed in-game:
Those Sith didn't prove any challenge. Adding the fact that if we put Revan into the Kotor 2 engine he could turn level 40 or something. He'd be as epicly strong as...no-one really.
Might throw an army against him. Die-ing in an rain of lasers, Sith and Emo Gizka's on a battlefield seems...good. And acceptable for all the fanboys. Except for the emo-gizka's...who'll cut themselves with lightrazors anyways...:xp:

An 'real' way to kill Revan:
A better duellist, 3 į 4 squads of Sith Troopers, 10 Sith, about that much. :)

luckyariot
02-11-2008, 06:28 AM
...In game? Anything under the right circumstances! Oh, but you can't drain the Exile because she's dead in the force :xp:

You could say they take out a couple hundred troopers with them, or dozens of dark jedi, or maybe Atton/HK... But if those last two really did kill them...:drop2:

Other than that though, I guess the only ones would really be Lucas... But if Chris Avellone wrote the plot that might be reconsidered. :)

Yay! My first post!