PDA

View Full Version : VOTE HERE! WE'RE IN THE CONTEST!!

JRHockney*
07-11-2007, 12:26 AM
But Its not as easy as we'd like to think. IN ORDER TO VOTE, YOU HAVE TO BE A GAMEFLOOD MEMBER! It'll be annoying as heck, but as many of you as possible have to sign up for membership. It really doesnt take that long, but a hassle none the less.

Here it is guys: http://www.gameflood.com/Mashup/Index.cfm?intModID=9490

Sorry I had to put the ownership under my name because thats the only way to publish it here by myself. It really should have been published by Razor, but hey, what can you do. It looks like in order to get into the top ten we only need 40-50 votes or so, so tell eveyone you know to sign up and vote! LOL. If we get into the top ten final judgment, I think we have a pretty good chance of placing well...though I havent seen the other competition yet :p

Oh yeah, and version 0.1.0 of enhanced is also out.....sort of. we're caling it that for the contest, but we may keep working on 0.0.9w and go through z since theres still stuff we would like to get done. I suppose this could be 0.1.0, I was hoping for a more refined (by Razor) 0.1.0.

http://files.filefront.com//;8018071;;/

TheShaman
07-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Voted.
Well, too bad you didn't include my effects, but I guess you didn't have time... let it be for the next time ;)

bjusterbaarlik
07-11-2007, 07:43 AM
You have succesfully acquired my vote.

UDM
07-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Done :D

Go OJP!

Hocks I think you should make a note somewhere that Razor is the leader of this mod :)

DarthDie
07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Voted for! And im trying to get all my friends too vote too :P.

SeLeXeL
07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Signed - Joined - Voted !!

Hope everybody else comes out in support of OJP !! well worth it...

--Peace--

razorace
07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Voted. Someone needs to make a news post on ModDB so people will know to go and vote.

EDIT: Also, if the stats screen is right, we should be in the top 30 once they realize we're in the contest.

Quijohn
07-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Voted. Great work guys. Should have told you so sooner. I've been enjoying OJP for like a year already.

JRHockney*
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Done :D

Go OJP!

Hocks I think you should make a note somewhere that Razor is the leader of this mod :)

I'll have to do that in the comments section. The Mod discription didnt allow enough room for anything else.

Voted. Great work guys. Should have told you so sooner. I've been enjoying OJP for like a year already.

Great! I hope theres alot more people like you around. Tell your buddies! :p

Quijohn
07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I'll have to do that in the comments section. The Mod discription didnt allow enough room for anything else.

Great! I hope theres alot more people like you around. Tell your buddies! :p

Have done and will continue to do so.

Buffy
07-11-2007, 09:45 PM
also yay new version is out too ! :king1:

razorace
07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Wow! We're already in 11th place. Very impressive. Could someone post an news item on ModDB so we can get those 7+ votes we need to get into the top ten?!

Yango
07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Did you make a topic in TJA?

madcatmach2
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
voted and JR maby you could post an artical on jk3files.com to get people to try it and vote for it

razorace
07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Did you make a topic in TJA?
TJA?

TheShaman
07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Seriously, the other JKA mods that take part to the contest make me laugh.

"With this mod, you can now use Darth Vader in singleplayer !"
WOOOOOW WOOT WOOT THIS OWNS!!111 so much added. lol.

The only serious JKA mod is OJP.

JRHockney*
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Wow! We're already in 11th place. Very impressive. Could someone post an news item on ModDB so we can get those 7+ votes we need to get into the top ten?!

I'm not even a person with access to our ModDB page, so someone else will probably have to do it. But I agree, This needs to be done!

voted and JR maby you could post an artical on jk3files.com to get people to try it and vote for it

Um, I'm not sure the JK2files staff will like a "VOTE FOR US!" article on their site judging from how strict they are at rules posting comments for mods :p. But then again, I've never posted an article there so I dont know what they allow and what they don't.

Yango
07-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Teh Jedi Academy isn't it. Dunno if they would like such a post eighter.

Maxstate
07-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Posting from an internet cafe! Woot!
Yeah I just can't stay away can I?

Anyway nice to 'see' you guys again and I'm glad to see the mod is doing so good, wish I was at home so I could pass the good news to mah friends lulz.

UDM
07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.gameflood.com/Index.cfm/stgAct/ContestResults/intGenre/1/intProductType/3

Come on guys! Just a few more votes and we can get into the top 10 list!!!!! :D

razorace
07-13-2007, 12:41 PM
We are now TIED for 10th place. Keep it up guys!

EDIT: I posted a news item about the mod on our ModDB page, but I avoided posting it on the main ModDB page since we don't want to alert other modder to the contest at the last minute. :)

Also, Hockey, sign up for a ModDB account so I can add you to the team.

Tanqexe
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I voted :)

(Off topic, sorry for not being able to help out in the past 2 months - work completely consumed my life and I'm also preparing for next week's art convention)

Darth Cariss
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Voted. :vsd:

Wytchking
07-14-2007, 05:37 AM
We have reached 9th

UDM
07-14-2007, 05:57 AM
And we certainly have! Great job everyone! Just in time for the contest to end :D

HamstrYODA
07-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Voted and posted some ads to get more people to vote as well.

MOD EDIT: Please do not post download mirrors until the contest is over. Downloads count towards votes in the GameFlood contest.

razorace
07-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Please don't post mirrors until the contest is over. (Monday) Downloads on Gameflood count towards the contest!

Also, please vote if you haven't done so yet. The contest is very close and we need to continue to get votes if we're going to win. :)

razorace
07-15-2007, 01:14 PM
7th Place!

ensiform
07-15-2007, 01:26 PM
6 more votes for 40.

LightNinja
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
*Vote number 40 xP*
Happy vacations

JRHockney*
07-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Well guys, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN THE TOP TEN!!! Indeed worthy of a strongbad dance!! :sbdance Whether we make the top 3 or not, this is a MAJOR accomplishment for OJP. It shows your dedication and the power of a small community to band together and pull through when needed. I'm very proud off all of you and special thanks to those how voted who only know a little about the mod but appreciate all our hard work.

DarthDie
07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
No we didnt make it to the top 3....but we made it to number 7! :D Now we wait for ze judges...(sorry about not being online hock....we were having internet problems)

TheShaman
07-17-2007, 12:03 PM
7 is already not bad, to me.

Tanqexe
07-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Doesn't matter, the judges are gonna review the top 10, so as long as we were in the top 10 it's all good...now it's up to the judges to decide our ranking.

Congrats OJP team :)

UDM
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
That's what makes this community so special and unique

Aside from a few differences we have, I'm glad we can live in harmony

Long live OJP!

madcatmach2
07-21-2007, 09:20 PM
well im back from being out of town for a week an con gratz for making the top ten i cant wait to see the review

[Alpha]-0mega-
07-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Indeed, not bad considering Jedi Academy is one of the "weaker" games when you look at the others.

Funny how the RPG top 10's are dominated by Bethesda Softworks lol (The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind / Oblivion)

I just checked the list of JKA: Only thing I saw there was models, lol. like 7 models and 1 ''superspeed firing mod''. (Excluding OJP).

Yango
07-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Well probably because their games are very moddable.

Maxstate
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
And because their games have an extremely good platform to work from. Admit it or not, JKA was so screwed that 60% of Razor's work has been fixing whatever Raven and co managed to bork.

daluke
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Voted for it, up to 47 now. Dunno how I've been registered here for over 2 years, I go by the name agentoo8 btw. GL with the Voting mates.

[Alpha]-0mega-
07-25-2007, 04:47 PM
And because their games have an extremely good platform to work from. Admit it or not, JKA was so screwed that 60% of Razor's work has been fixing whatever Raven and co managed to bork.

Yet JKA is not counted as an RPG, so this statement has no relevance whatsoever to Bethesda Softworks ''ranking'' in the top 10's for rpg games.

Maxstate
07-27-2007, 09:16 AM
-0mega-']Yet JKA is not counted as an RPG, so this statement has no relevance whatsoever to Bethesda Softworks ''ranking'' in the top 10's for rpg games.
When did I ever say anything about that? :wtf:

Aqua Tuna Lad
07-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Voted for it, up to 47 now. Dunno how I've been registered here for over 2 years, I go by the name agentoo8 btw. GL with the Voting mates.

Though I am sure the dev team of OJP appreciate your vote, voting for te Top 10 closed on July 16, 2007.

Also for those who are unaware, GameFlood was scheduled to announce the winners of the $25,000 Map and Mod Contest today. However, due to the depth and high quality of submissions, judging is taking longer than expected and regrettably, we have to delay the contest results until August 3rd, 2007. This delay is to ensure the fairest judging possible for all parties. If you have any questions regarding the delay, please drop us a line at contact@gameflood.com. Thank you for your patience and we extend our sincerest apologies to all the developers involved.

The GameFlood Team
GameFlood (http://www.gameflood.com)

DarthDie
07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
:( I was excited about seeing what place we got in...oh well...at least I still have a day to look forward too ;). What place do you guys think we will get in?

daluke
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
First; why not.

[Alpha]-0mega-
07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
When did I ever say anything about that? :wtf:

I noted how it was funny how Bethesda Softworks games dominated the "RPG" top 10's.
Someone noted that it's probably because their games are very moddable (an argument / explanation / w/e you want to call it)

Then you note how their platform is very good to work from (another argument / explanation / w/e for their ''domination")

Then, you suddenly switch to JKA, saying "Admit it or not".
That's almost as if you're trying to imply that the bad stuff about JKA is the reason that Bethesda Softworks dominates an ENTIRELY different section.

You're obviously not implying that when I see your reply above, but the way you phrased your post made it seem as if you did.

If you still do not understand why, I will give you an example using your ''phrasing''.

razorace
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Though I am sure the dev team of OJP appreciate your vote, voting for te Top 10 closed on July 16, 2007.

Also for those who are unaware, GameFlood was scheduled to announce the winners of the $25,000 Map and Mod Contest today. However, due to the depth and high quality of submissions, judging is taking longer than expected and regrettably, we have to delay the contest results until August 3rd, 2007. This delay is to ensure the fairest judging possible for all parties. If you have any questions regarding the delay, please drop us a line at contact@gameflood.com. Thank you for your patience and we extend our sincerest apologies to all the developers involved.

The GameFlood Team
GameFlood (http://www.gameflood.com)
I just noticed that. Thanks for the update The GameFlood Team!

Let us know if the judges need any additional instructions on how to run/play OJP. :)

JRHockney*
07-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I just noticed that. Thanks for the update The GameFlood Team!

Let us know if the judges need any additional instructions on how to run/play OJP. :)

I second that! :p

Yango
07-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Uh I'll be on vacation on 3rd. But I suppose it's good for OJP, as it needs time to get used to.

UDM
07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Hock's manual ftw!

Maxstate
07-28-2007, 08:54 PM
-0mega-']I noted how it was funny how Bethesda Softworks games dominated the "RPG" top 10's.
Someone noted that it's probably because their games are very moddable (an argument / explanation / w/e you want to call it)

Then you note how their platform is very good to work from (another argument / explanation / w/e for their ''domination")

Then, you suddenly switch to JKA, saying "Admit it or not".
That's almost as if you're trying to imply that the bad stuff about JKA is the reason that Bethesda Softworks dominates an ENTIRELY different section.

You're obviously not implying that when I see your reply above, but the way you phrased your post made it seem as if you did.

If you still do not understand why, I will give you an example using your ''phrasing''.
I'll be the judge of what I'm obviously implying! lol ;p Sorry I think you got me mixed up with someone else.

Server is going up soon guys, just got home, 18 hour car ride can't stop me from playing ;p

razorace
08-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, the results are in. We didn't win, but at least we were in the top ten. :)

UDM
08-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Yeah. What razor said :)

Maxstate
08-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Worrdddddd, I'm going to crack open a cold one in our honor tonight, even though I don't like the stuff! Hooray!

The Unbeholden
08-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Aw ppoowey/ well i guess you guys have alot of work to do, this mod could be heaps better. I think you should wait till its finished till you put in into contests... unless its like the best upcoming mod or something.

But the weird thing is for the saber combat alone you got into the top 10... just goes to show what a excellent idea you guys came up with and accomplished in coding it. :duel:

Congratulations to the OJP team, lets celebrate

:guiness: :3pdance: :fire11: :stan: :hatchrun: :3headed:

Maxstate
08-04-2007, 06:04 AM
:guiness: :3pdance: :fire11: :stan: :hatchrun: :3headed:
Word.