PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] The Brotherhood of Shadow

Silveredge9
07-13-2007, 09:05 PM
The Brotherhood of Shadow – K1 Content/Quest Mod

So here it is, the content mod that I’ve been working on for over a year now is finally close to completion. So in preparation for the release, I figured I’d actually post some information on what the mod actually consists of, and when you can expect to be playing it.

I’ve been following this forum for a long time now, and I’ve noticed it’s popular to post WIPs detailing what people are planning to make, that exists only on paper. I’ve taken a different direction with my WIP, instead of revealing just plans, I’ll be revealing my ideas, and the actual playable content they have led too.

The thing that draws me to the KOTOR series, is the storytelling, and the experiences that are created for the player, as a result of it. A possibility for a content mod for KOTOR, is that of a new planet, similar in layout and style to existing planets. When planning the mod, I decided early on that rather then the emphasis being on the freedom to explore, and to allow the player to discover the story at there own pace, that the emphasis would be on linear storytelling and where the pace would reflect the story trying to be told. Like a movie.

Anyways, details. This content mod named “The Brotherhood of Shadow” is a content mod that allows the player to access new quests, and through these new quests, new items, new characters and new perspectives on existing events.

The mod, which from my experiences creating it, will take at least an hour to fully play through. Now about 70% of this time isn’t spent simply playing fetch, like in the main game, it’s time spent in dialogue, cut scenes and battle, where advance through the quest. This content mod is split in 2 at about 10/90, a quest that can be taken prior to the Leviathan, and due to plot details associated with the mod, the main quest that can be taken after the Leviathan.

Plot
Upon attending a failed meeting with one of the most ruthless Exchange members, on behalf of a band of smugglers, you are asked take part in a journey on a trader ship named the ‘Orion’ to oversee and to safeguard a mysterious and powerful cargo from falling into this Exchange members hands. Little do you know, that this journey presents more then meets the eyes. Through the course of this journey you come to encounter unspeakable acts, ancient entities and most importantly…you will have to encounter, and come to terms with yourself, …Revan.

Features
- Interesting and compelling characters, brought to life via original high quality reskins.
- New items available for the player, including an updated version of my Patterned Jedi Robe mod, that now supports male players.
- A selection of different areas to explore and experience storytelling on, based upon existing modules, logically connected together.
- No text without a voice over. Using a combination of alien VO’s, and original voiceovers professionally created using content from existing VO’s.
- Choose how you play through the quests, choices available for both Light and Darksiders.
- Learn about your characters past, and play a role in a pivotal moment in the life of Revan.
- A deep and detailed plot that matches the quality of the main games plot.
- On your journey, battle traders, criminals, ancient entities of Sith nature, your past, and yourself.

Media
And now for media, here are some videos that I have quickly created some short preview videos to provide an insight into some of the locations and events that you will experience when you play through the mod. 3 videos for now, more as the days progress.

Video 1, Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYx8xYpo_I)
Video 2, Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YndCESdEfok)
Video 3, Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnhuPlsn9w)
(Sorry about the quality of the videos. Windows movie maker, nuff said. :P)

Release Schedule
As for the release, as mentioned I chose to delay revealing the project until I had something substantial, interesting and most importantly complete to show. And this works to your advantage, as if I manage to balance my time spent on the role playing game KOTOR well, against the role playing game called Real Life, then the mod should be fully complete, and available to download within a few weeks.

I’ve probably missed something, but any comments, and/or questions are welcome. I’ll try to answer what I can without spoiling anything major concerning the plot of the content.

Screenshots
Possible Homage? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/3-1.jpg)
Lost... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/4-1.jpg)
PPV (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/2-1.jpg)
The Source? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/1-1.jpg)

EnderWiggin
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow. This looks amazingly professional and like it will be interesting to play. My favorite part also is storyline. I understand where you are coming from.

Anyway, I can't wait for an update.

Good job!

_EW_

spyblade
07-13-2007, 09:30 PM
this looks awesome. I can't wait to play this. The videos were cool. Bastila and Darth Revan fighting... real cool

-mattz

Master Zionosis
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Very nice a storyline adaptation mod, not many of those around.

This looks very good Silveredge9, this is me just guessing, but... Have you created new area's for the mod, because it all looks like new area's.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'll be keeping a close eye on this :D

darthcarth
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Looks like a great mod i cant wait for it to come out it looks very well done.

sekan
07-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Awesome work :thmbup1:

Arátoeldar
07-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Outstanding :twogun:

Darth_vilas
07-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Looks really good. But I don't get the storry yet. But i wil find out when it is released:)

Mindtwistah
07-14-2007, 01:56 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!

This most be the most professional mod I've ever seen. It's breathtaking. TSL style! Really, I mean it.
Earlier I thought about making a mod where you could play Revans fights against Bastila and her party but it looks like you already are making it. I want this mod, it's one of the best I've seen so far.

Miltiades
07-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Looking very nice and professional. Storyline mods with additional modules are scarce. Understandable, due to the serious work that goes into such projects. Anyway, looking forward to it. :)

Christos K
07-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I cannot wait I loved that third video. That part holds a big mystery with me.... so far.

Silveredge9
07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
A few teaser screenshots that I took whilst bug fixing...

Possible Homage? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/3-1.jpg)
Lost... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/4-1.jpg)
PPV (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/2-1.jpg)
The Source? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/1-1.jpg)

I've been tweaking a section of the mod thats best described as...
Evil (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-07-1020-05-38-07.jpg) + Jedi Council = Fun...

Master Zionosis
07-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Hmmmm.... Looks very interesting, especially "PPV" screen shot, good work Silveredge9 :thumbsup:

OD_MIA
07-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Very interesting.
Can't wait to try this mod out.

Ghost Down
07-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Looking great Silver!

- Ghost Down

Quanon
07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Woot , can't wait to play this , awesome looking mod :D !

Silveredge9
07-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Another video update.

Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZUnZbDdQvU)

Reclaimer
07-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Awesome vids. Looking foward to this.

Master Zionosis
07-17-2007, 11:37 AM
This is looking really good, keep up the good work silver.

Also, the music, I've heard it before, where can I find it?

Gargoyle King
07-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Can't wait to see this. It's not too often you see a content mod such as this that integrates into the main story in Kotor 1, looks promising (especially the part wheer you fight Bastila, using unused modules from the cutscene is an excellent move). Keep up the good work Silveredge9! :thumbsup:

Miltiades
07-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Also, the music, I've heard it before, where can I find it?

I think it's the music that plays when you do the "Mysterious Box" quest. You know, with the imprisoned Rakatan.

Nice video, Silveredge9. Can't wait to try this one out.

Darth Ardius
07-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Looks Sweet, Can't Wait

Silveredge9
07-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Ok, I haven't been working on it for the past week. Got a little too addicted to the gem that is Final Fantasy XII. But work has resumed, so don't worry! :P

Anyways, another video. Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmS8Teset4)

Master Zionosis
07-28-2007, 12:05 PM
WOW, this is looking really good, can't wait Silver.

Chevron 7 locke
07-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Hehehe you said clicky but seriously i love the way this mod is going. Cant wait for it. Please you must get it done soon or ill have to go hunting with dick chaney to relieve my boredom

Darth Ardius
07-28-2007, 03:53 PM
:drop2: This is looking awsome!

Silveredge9
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
If no unexpected occurrences happen, I'll probably finish the actual content by the end of today. All 8 Modules + Content in existing modules will be there for the first time as a fully playable quest. :P

After then it's just a matter of fixing bugs, minor dialogue tweaks and finishing some custom skins. And then release!

A few more screenshots...

Une (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-08-0116-46-32-82.jpg)
Deux (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-08-0116-44-30-98.jpg)

sekan
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
OMG i can't wait!

Silveredge9
08-02-2007, 11:14 PM
If anybody is interested in the style of the dialogue that will be present within the mod. Then here is a sample of one of the conversations you will be having towards the end of the mod. The dialogue is changed in places depending on your gender (Example, Lord, Lady, and so on...). And also, I've tried to offer different responses depending on the type of 'Revan' your playing, which includes, Light, Dark and the manipulative/all knowing Revan that was established in KOTOR2. :P

My Lady, as you commanded of me on that fateful day, I have remained hidden. Away from the prying eyes of your traitorous apprentice. Awaiting your inevitable return.

- Do you seek to offer me aid Sith? You should be aware that I have cast down my former self and have embraced a more virtuous perception of life. I no longer worship the dark side of the force.
- Do you blindly assume that a being such as yourself can offer meaningful aid to the Dark Lord of the Sith?
- I will accept any aid you wish to give me. In a war such as this, it is only logical to accept help from those who wish to provide it. No matter where their loyalties lie.

I do not care for your loyalties to the force my Lord. I seek to serve you regardless of your affiliation with light or dark. This day I bring a gift, and one that I believe you will find most useful.

You were being transferred by the Republic to the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine for readjustment. For a time, your home was the Harbinger, a Republic vessel not too dissimilar to this one.

It was there that, under the guise of a Republic doctor, I managed to secure some of your personal belongings that were confiscated from you after the betrayal of your apprentice. I have guarded these belongings with my life, until the day you were once again active. This day.
My Lord, accept these robes, mask and lightsaber as a gesture of my respect and appreciation of your being. I never served the dark side, I only served you. You who freed us from the failings of the Republic.

-Impressive, most impressive. You have indeed proven to be a worthy piece of the Sith Order. A piece that may yet have the potential to gain more power.
-I thank you Sith. These items will serve as a reminder of how much a person can fall despite their potential or achievements. Such was Darth Revan.
-Interesting. These items alone represent the wisdom and influence that I, as my former persona, once bestowed upon the galaxy. These will be of great help to me in my quest.

You have no more uses for me now my Lord. One such as you can gain no more aid from one such as me. My purpose in life has now being achieved. Please, I beg of you, raise your blade and grant me a warriors death.

- You truly wish this to be your fate? One as devoted as you has many uses beyond the heeding the call of death.
- Very well. Know that your sacrifice will have it’s uses. You strength adds to the strength of my Sith Empire, and thus, your death gains meaning.
- No, I do not believe in killing unarmed combatants. And that is not due to the teachings of the Jedi, but due to my lingering respect for the truly talented. Rise, Sith.
- No, despite my recent traumas, my respect for the truly talented still lingers. I will not allow one of so many uses to be killed so meaninglessly.

Just a sample. The dialogue of the mod is the part I'm most proud of. :P

Master Shake
08-03-2007, 01:52 AM
WELL I THINK ITS AWESOME. THE DIAOLOUGE IS EXTREMELY WELL WRITTEN AND THIS IS GONNA ONE OF THOSE MODS THAT PPL R ALWAYS ASKIN FOR ON MODDING REQUESTS GRANTED IF THE LINK IS SOMHOW LOST BUT I COULD TELL ITS GONA ROCK

Miltiades
08-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Just a sample. The dialogue of the mod is the part I'm most proud of. :P

Going by that sample of dialog, you have all the right to be! Well written!

Master Zionosis
08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
WELL I THINK ITS AWESOME. THE DIAOLOUGE IS EXTREMELY WELL WRITTEN AND THIS IS GONNA ONE OF THOSE MODS THAT PPL R ALWAYS ASKIN FOR ON MODDING REQUESTS GRANTED IF THE LINK IS SOMHOW LOST BUT I COULD TELL ITS GONA ROCK

Wooohhh!!! Steady on with the caps lock, I think I've gone death now, lol.

Or maybe his keyboard is just broken, lol.

Ghost Down
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Nice, won't be able to download it though..

I think that Shem banned me on KOTOR Files till October..

- Ghost Down

Silveredge9
08-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Nice, won't be able to download it though..

I think that Shem banned me on KOTOR Files till October..

- Ghost Down
Really? Why the ban? :P

No worries, I'll catch you on msn and send it direct or something. :P

rgdelta
08-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Sounds great can't wait to see the mod when you are finished :-)

Silveredge9
08-06-2007, 11:39 PM
So I've finally finished the ending, which means essentially the mod is now playable from start to finish without no disruption to the gameplay. Off the top of my head, the stuff that now needs to be done before the mod can be released is...

- Fix some minor bugs in a few of the modules
- Create final versions of custom skins (Characters, New Items)
- Refine dialogue in some places (Spelling, other minor issues)
- Create Dialogue for recruitable character (Yes, a new character is in the mod and since the mod takes place after the leviathan, it can use the bastila slot without removing any other party members.)
- Release!

Here are a few more teaser screenshots. ;)
One (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-08-0420-27-39-28.jpg)
Two (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-07-1501-45-28-71.jpg)
Three (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-07-1501-44-10-50.jpg)

Ghost Down
08-07-2007, 04:40 AM
Great news! :)

- Ghost Down

sekan
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
This is truly awesome ! :thmbup1:

Miltiades
08-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow. There's even a new recruitable character. Amazing... :)

Silveredge9
08-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Just a bit of information about the release. The mod will get released at the lastest, this coming Thursday (16th of August), because the following week I'm on holiday, so I want to ship it out of the door so it's off my mind. :P

Gam3rSW
08-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Looks great, can't wait!

Silveredge9
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Another chunk of dialogue from one of the sections of the quest. Enjoy.

Lord Revan! I bring news! An update on the progress of the battle from the ships on the front line!

- How goes the battle?
- Speak.

Our fleet has destroyed a significant amount of the Republics forces, including the Republic capital ship Forerunner. But we have suffered our own set of losses. My Lord the Asgard has been lost.

- The loss of the Asgard is a regrettable but necessary sacrifice.
- The Republic will pay. We will avenge the fallen without hesitation nor mercy.

Something troubles me. The Republic forces appear unusually organised and more coordinated that what standard Republic battle tactics allow for. I sense other forces are at work that are influencing the tide of the battle.

- On this day the Republic seeks not to claim victory through strength of arms. Battle meditation is a useful tool, when used in a combat situation. Their aim was to mislead us into thinking this battle would be over with ease, as I suspected, this build up was a feint.
- I suspect the Republic is using a technique called Battle Meditation to prolong their chances of survival in the battle. No doubt they seek to inflict as much damage on this fleet as possible before they are all destroyed.

But my Lord, surely the Republic does not think they can actually win this battle? We outnumber them at a ratio of 3:1, It is strategically impossible.

- The Republic has a hidden objective behind this attack. Pressure needs to be applied to our enemy to encourage them to reveal this objective. What capital ships await command here on the outer reaches of the battle?
- We will continue our assault. Today, is the single glorious day that we deal a death blow to the Republics war effort. What capital ships await command on the fringes of the battle?

Currently three ships. The Asgard, under command of Admiral Turginson. The Leviathan, under command of Admiral Karath and your apprentice Malak and finally the Valhalla, under the command of Admiral Sera.

- Send word to the Asgard and the Valhalla to engage the Republic forces. Inform them to hit the enemy hard, but to not yet deal the death blow. We shall suffocate our enemy of viable options until they have no other alternative but to proceed with their true objective, if such an objective exists.
- Send word to the Asgard and the Valhalla to engage the Republic forces. Make it clear that I want them to eliminate the Republic presence in this area, whatever the cost.

Very well my Lord, I shall transmit your orders.

- I sense a discomfort within you, do you have doubts concerning my orders?
- Good. You are dismissed.

Forgive me Lord Revan. But I don't understand the logic behind such an order. Why make ourselves open to assault when should the Republic break through, we would be the most logical choice for a target?

- You speak the truth. But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare. If we make ourselves more vulnerable to attack, then the Republic may be tempted to reveal their true agenda.
- To create bait that the enemy cannot ignore is a move that can be used to goad the Republic into creating gaps in there defensive structure. Such a risk will guarantee us a quick and decisive victory in this battle.

I now see your intentions. It is wise of you to make such a move. Forgive me for questioning you, I will refrain myself for doing so in future.

- I have no fears about my crew questioning my orders, for my position and ego are not at stake here. I cannot afford to have men and women whose minds are so limited they cannot question and adapt to unexpected situations.
- In future you would be wise to keep such concerns to yourself.

Adelphus
08-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a Stargate fan?

I'm a little confused, at the beginning it says that the Asgard was lost in combat, but later it regards the Asgard as being on the edge of combat awaiting orders? Is this a typo maybe?

Our fleet has destroyed a significant amount of the Republics forces, including the Republic capital ship Forerunner. But we have suffered our own set of losses. My Lord the Asgard has been lost.

I personally think that maybe using the word portion instead of amount there might sound better, but thats just me. Other than that I love you it!

Ghost Down
08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
I assume that all those lines are voiced?

- Ghost Down

Silveredge9
08-14-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a Stargate fan?

I'm a little confused, at the beginning it says that the Asgard was lost in combat, but later it regards the Asgard as being on the edge of combat awaiting orders? Is this a typo maybe?

I personally think that maybe using the word portion instead of amount there might sound better, but that's just me. Other than that I love you it!
Typo, thanks for pointing that out. Most of the dialogue has gone through various rewrites, so in some places I might have accidentally left in a references that was relevant before or something.

And no actually, I'm not a Stargate fan, only ever seen the movie. :P

I assume that all those lines are voiced?

- Ghost Down
There's no instances where a line doesn't have a voice, whether that voice be an alien one or a human one.

I'll also replace the additional reference to the 'Asgard'. From what I researched on Wikipedia, lots of names used in Star Wars and actually lots of other games are taken directly from norse mythology. It's like a databank of cool names. :P

Bla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology)

sekan
08-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I'll also replace the additional reference to the 'Asgard'. From what I researched on Wikipedia, lots of names used in Star Wars and actually lots of other games are taken directly from norse mythology. It's like a databank of cool names. :P

Bla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology)

Everybody know that is called Asgård :p

Any way can't wait until this is finished.

lupus wulf
08-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm New so "Hi" ^^ THis looks awesome and i cant wait for it's release, you rock silver.

{Snip} Off Topic question removed. Sorry lupus but we need to stay on topic here in the modding forums. If you have a mod request we have a Mod Request Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635), or for the Black Lightsaber Mod (Of which there is one or two) we have a Mod Link Request Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699), you can try posting about that mod there. Don't worry you will get the hang of it. ;) Thanks. -RH

Darth Ardius
08-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Sweet dialogue, sounds like it takes place just before Malak betrays Revan.
Keep up the good work Silver!!!!

:D

Ztalker
08-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Excellent dialogue...exactly what i'd expect from a "charasmatic Dark Lord."
And I also notice the subtle Dark Side/Light side answers available. Keep it up! Can't wait! :D

Adelphus
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Excellent work, this is something Im really looking forward to.

Chevron 7 locke
08-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Is this above Taris or Some other battle by the way this mod will possible ROCk!!!!!

EDIT: Sorry Ment POSSIBLY ROCK!!!!!!! stupid Keyboard

sekan
08-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Just a bit of information about the release. The mod will get released at the lastest, this coming Thursday (16th of August)

16th of August?! That is today!!! Don't panic... don't panic... take a deep breath ... Crap i did panic! I can't wait!!!!

Silveredge9
08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
After 4 straight nights of working til 4:30am I can confirm that the mod won't be released today. All the bugs are fixed, so the quest is technically completed, but a few things still need to be tweaked and edited. Skins, new items stats, and finishing off content to do with the new party member (Influence system, dialogue, character specfic items...)

I'm on holiday next week too, so no progress during then other then possibly some hand written dialogue that needs to be done. After that, it may take about a week to finish all this extra content. The mod is definantly coming soon though, so there's no chances of progress halting to nothing. :P

As the mod won't be released today, I've created an interesting trailer instead.

Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkFiW-VWSG4)

spyblade
08-16-2007, 01:47 PM
This looks great Silveredge.

Ztalker
08-16-2007, 01:51 PM
A very good trailer :D

Too bad it won't be released today, but I'm busy with another save, so I'll wait for your mod to start a new game.

I hope you have a nice holiday, we'll be waiting when you come back :)

Edit: The ending of the trailer...unexpected...

Chevron 7 locke
08-17-2007, 12:04 PM
So.. why did the jedi council attack you. are they angry because revan was darkside or are they just cranky cause theyre old well im not sure about Dorak and vrook is always cranky so id say theyre darkside. Wait can u make them darkside. i like rambling on and on. So why do they attack you huh

Edit: Wait i got it you get thrown into some evil alternate universe where thwe jedi council want to kill you lol now if youll excuse i need to beat the c-rap out of my brother for cheap shooting me in the nuts

Ztalker
08-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Ehm, Chevron...have you played Kotor/read the game description?

Silveredge's mod makes you relive the memory of Bastilla and her squad attacking you at the bridge. It's the very first vision you get in the original game and one of the essential story elements.

In his mod, you can 'play' this memory and relive the events of that fight and it's strange outcome.

lupus wulf
08-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Well you've done it now after seeing that trailer ive gone and bought kotor (didnt realise this was for 1 not 2) looks fantastic.

Chevron 7 locke
08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
So i still dont get why the council attacks you

Weave
08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Well you'll just have to wait Chevron...

Looks kick-@$$ Silveredge!
Don't worry about getting it out to us in the next week or so... this thing is to awesome to rush. :D

Miltiades
08-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Agreed. This'll be an awesome mod. If you think something's not ready, don't hesitate to push back the release date. I'm just happy I'll be able to play this.

Master Zionosis
08-18-2007, 09:00 PM
This is coming along nicely, can't wait to get my hands on this :)

Darth Ardius
08-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Dang, every day it just gets better and better.
Keep it going Silver!

Alexander the Great
08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
My god... the way you set up the bridge fight was amazing. I'm glad it will (possibly) be released soon. Hope I'm not making too much of an assumption by saying that.

Silveredge9
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Just so you know, I'm back off holiday now, which obviously means work on the project can continue. :P

sekan
08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Welcome back from your holiday :)

On Topic: Hmm... how can you recruit a member to your party IF you're in a memory?

Off topic: Did you have a good holiday?

Silveredge9
08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Welcome back from your holiday :)

On Topic: Hmm... how can you recruit a member to your party IF you're in a memory?

Off topic: Did you have a good holiday?

@Mod Question. You will have to wait and see. Keep in mind that not ALL of the quest may be based around reliving a memory.

@Off Topic question. Yeah, t'was nice. Though being on a computer feels weird. @_@

Darth Ardius
08-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Welcome back Silveredge!

Silveredge9
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
So anyway spent the majority of today working on photoshop adding some final touches to the skin of the new party member that will be included in the mod.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/teaser_member.jpg

Adelphus
08-24-2007, 11:15 PM
I simply cannot contain my excitement :D

Master Zionosis
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, looking coool, can't wait to try this out :)

Darth Ardius
08-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Everyday you amaze us Silveredge, keep going strong!

Wedge Suron
08-25-2007, 05:12 AM
I Can't wait for this, (i can but the point is that i am excited about it)

Ghost Down
08-25-2007, 11:50 AM
A hot Twilek companion! Now how AWESOME is that?! :D

- Ghost Down

Ztalker
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ghost Down
A hot Twilek companion! Now how AWESOME is that?! :D
Make that an hot Twilek companion in a skimpy leather outfit :naughty:

t3h Awesome! Keep it up! :D

Miltiades
08-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Nice reskin, Silveredge9. Great work! This is getting better and better. :)

sekan
08-25-2007, 03:14 PM
very nice :thmbup1:

Silveredge9
08-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Time for a quick look at one of the new items that will be included in the mod.

Czerka Muscle Suit
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/malaksuit_screen.jpg
Impressed by the callous and deceitful methods that Czerka Cooperation were prepared to use to secure a profit, the Jedi Revan during the later stages of the Mandalorian Wars cooperated with them in the design and development of a suit that would regulate and enhance the abilities of it’s wearer. Intended for use by the ailing Republic soldiers taken back by the viciousness of the Mandalorian warriors, the muscle suit never saw active service due to the Republic victory at Malachor V.

It is rumoured that Malak, impressed with the efficiency and ability enhancing traits that the suit possessed, ordered a unique variation of the original design to be made to fit his colossal frame.

Strength+3
Dexterity+1
Constitution+2
Bonus Feat: Conditioning
Bonus Feat: Improved Conditioning
Bonus Feat: Master Conditioning
Bonus Feat: Wookie Toughness

Wedge Suron
08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Stop it. Your making me drool

sekan
08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Awesome work :thmbup1:

I only need the use this quote when you post something new :p

Edit: My 100 post :D

Ferc Kast
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
You're making me anticipate a release more & more as you show off what you've done.

Have a drink, good sir: http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-008.gif

Weave
08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm practically going to wet my undergarments with utter anticipation...
I do have one question though... who will the Twi'lek Recruit replace? I was thinking Juhani.

Dragoon ZER0
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I think he said she was going to replace Bastila (this occurs after the Leviathan IIRC).

Weave
08-25-2007, 06:02 PM
That makes sense... forgot about that.

Good too because I don't like replacing Juhani...

Chevron 7 locke
08-25-2007, 07:22 PM
So when is the expected release date since im practiclly drooling over this mod

Ferc Kast
08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm guessing a release around :wid:.

Silveredge9
08-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Update ahoy, this time focusing on another new interesting item that will be available through the mod.

In trailer form! :P

Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6NiTDbP_w)

Wedge Suron
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
INCLUDING THE MIGHTY GIZKA ARE YOU INSANE!!!

Ferc Kast
08-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice armlet. :thmbup1:

Master Zionosis
08-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow, that looks most interesting. Good Work Silver.

A suggestion though, perhaps you could add a limit to how many 'pets' you spawn, after all we don't want it to be super easy when you summon 10 Terantatek's now do we :xp:

I also have 2 questions, will you be including the source scripts for this as I would like to see how this was done, and how long do the 'pets' live for, you summon them and what, do they live till they die?

Wedge Suron
08-26-2007, 11:53 AM
do they dissapear when you enter another area? is a good question.

Paul, posting the same question repeatedly in a thread is a form of spam, please don't do that. I have deleted the redundant post. Thanks. -RH

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-26-2007, 12:11 PM
*drools* O_O Stunning! That's all I can say. I already know this mod will be going into my special mod folder. I can't wait to play it. You've added a ton of things I've dreamed of (and possibly the things I haven't o_O). I always wanted to fight Bastila during the flashback.

Will this mod use the tslpatcher? How compatible will it be with other mods such as RedHawke's mods (just using it as an example.)?

Darth Vanisher
08-26-2007, 12:12 PM
WOW!
Have followed the progress of this mod a while, and it's looks good... and when I see the armlet, I say: WOW!
This is really great. :D I like mods that summon creatures like this.

A question, though. Will it be compatible with Gameunlimited's Force Replication mod and Darth Khasei's Force Powers set?
The files (in AIOFPM) can be seen here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=135226

If it will be compatible, wow, it's gonna be perfect. :)

do they dissapear when you enter another area? is a good question.From my knowledge, it's seems it won't disappear. But CMIIW.

Silveredge9
08-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow, that looks most interesting. Good Work Silver.

A suggestion though, perhaps you could add a limit to how many 'pets' you spawn, after all we don't want it to be super easy when you summon 10 Terantatek's now do we :xp:

I also have 2 questions, will you be including the source scripts for this as I would like to see how this was done, and how long do the 'pets' live for, you summon them and what, do they live till they die?
I was going to limit how many 'pets' you could spawn, but for the moment I've decided to leave it be and let the player decide if they want to make the game easy for themselves. The game itself is about free choice after all.

And 'pets' stay with you unless they die, you dismiss them (via dialogue) or you move to another module (In which case they wait for your return).

And concerning compatibility with other mods, I'm not promising compatibility with every mod, due to the large nature of theis project and all the parameters that I would have to double check against all other mods. Though I remember I specifically avoided using any numericals that are used in RedHawkes content mods.

And all source scripts will definitely be included in the package (There's literally 100's of scripts...) as without source scripts from other mods, I wouldn't have been able to pull off some of the things I needed to do. :P

Darth Balor
08-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I just wet my pants...

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Just out of curiosity, how far along are you? What would you say the percentage of completion is?

Silveredge9
08-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, how far along are you? What would you say the percentage of completion is?
The quest itself is fully completed, bar a few journal entries and a couple of irritating bugs. I'm in the process right now of fixing the remaining bugs, then I'm moving on to post quest issues, which mainly involves fleshing out the new party member into an interesting character. :P

I haven't fully decided on how the character will be 'fleshed out' yet, and if or not it will involve a mini quest of some sort (As with other party members).

I'm trying right now to get the mod out around the end of September at the latest. As that is when I start University and my timetable becomes much more 'busy'. And also, t'is the Halo 3 season.

So, as Team-Gizka would say "when it's done". :P

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh no I meant no rush or when it was down, just how far along you are. If the mod is as nice as it looks I seriously think it could be a candidate for KotOR mod of the year.

Weave
08-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I just wet my pants...

Me too...

Source scripts are greatly appriciated silveredge, thanks a ton!

Gargoyle King
08-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm trying right now to get the mod out around the end of September at the latest. As that is when I start University and my timetable becomes much more 'busy'. And also, t'is the Halo 3 season.Hey snap! I'm also set to start Uni in September, hope the work isn't too hard compared to the A Levels. Halo 3, a game i myself can't wait to see. Keep up the good work with the mod, it does look quite exceptional. :thumbsup:

Miltiades
08-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Nice work again. We're really getting spoiled here. :)

Silveredge9
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
The new party member pulls a Kreia. :P

Clicky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-08-2802-28-35-82.jpg)

Darth Balor
08-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Looking AWESOME silveredge. Love the skin.

Jason Skywalker
08-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Simply freakin' awesome. Great job my good man/fair lady.

I'm drooling over this.

Silveredge9
08-29-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm currently working on the party member dialogue. As with all other party members you can ask her about the planet your currently on, but what differs here that instead of offering general information about the planet the new party member will tell you what YOUR plans were for that planet, as Darth Revan.

The example here is Manann...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-08-2912-14-10-71.jpg

- What do you know of this place?
Manann. They happily flaunt their neutrality within this conflict, but it is all a well preserved deception. The Selkath government here is corrupt to the highest levels, with dreams of grandeur. An agreement existed between your Sith and the Selkath government concerning the exclusivity of their medicine. They were to offer you Kolto in exchange for Sith Military technology and a assurance that no Manann invasion would ever take place.

- Why did the Selkath seek military technology?
They sought to create a Selkath military. The fools, so caught up in establishing their superiority, didn’t realise that the technology you did provide them was useless. It was in fact Republic technology, not Sith and was severely outdated, originating from the days of Exar Kun.

- Was an invasion of Manann ever planned?
Of course. You could not allow the Kolto to be openly distributed with the Republic.

- It is well known that Selkath Government threatened to destroy the Kolto supply should ever an invasion take place?
It was merely a well publicised bluff. The Selkath government knew just as well as you, that Kolto is the sole pillar that supports their global economy. Should the Kolto ever be destroyed, the Selkath would be utterly fragmented and would dissolve as a civilisation of any worth. The Kolto would never be destroyed, as long as it had any worth on the open market.

- Is this pact still in place?
I do not know. But Malak is no fool and would surely use what resources and connections you left behind in order to strengthen his supremacy among the self-claimed ‘neutral’ planets.

Ghost Down
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Now that sounds nice! :D

- Ghost Down

sekan
08-29-2007, 11:58 AM
The example here is Manann...

Don't you mean Manaan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manaan) ?

Nice that you can ask the party member about the planet :thmbup1:

Wedge Suron
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Great work as always.

Sekan that should be:

HK-47 is the most blood thirsty droid in the galaxy... That's why everybody loves him

Silveredge9
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
One more example, Korriban.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/swkotor2007-08-2912-14-10-71.jpg

Korriban, this place is a graveyard of ancient evils. And you knew of such places in the galaxy, their risks and their uses. Jedi often flocked here, distraught and betrayed by their cumbersome Jedi masters, they sought to join the ranks of the Sith, to join the man that brought them justice and truth, of whom defeated the Mandalorian aggressors.

Often did they regret their decision to defect. Broken, defeated and humiliated, these Jedi were converted into the fanatical Sith of whom would endow their lives to you and your cause.

- Why here on Korriban? There were plenty of other planets that offered a more secure backdrop to such activities.
Because this is a place of great evils, one of two known planets that run deep with the roots of the dark side. The Jedi could not resist both the corruption that surrounds them and the torture that followed. You often praised the practice for it’s efficiency.

- You mentioned ‘one of two’, what other planet was used to house these activities?
I.. do not know it’s name, nor it’s location, I would not want to. I know it’s nature is one of true, pure evil. It is a place of immeasurable power, dark twisted power. It is one of the many secrets that you let none privy to, not your admirals, not myself and not even your most trusted apprentice, Malak.

Don't you mean Manaan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manaan) ?

Nice that you can ask the party member about the planet :thmbup1:
Thanks for pointing that out.

sekan
08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Sekan that should be:

HK-47 is the most blood thirsty droid in the galaxy... That's why everybody loves him

Well... Everybody makes mistakes sometimes :xp: but lets not get this thread off topic now.

Anyway how will it be if the player choose dark side? Will the new party member disappear or will it just move to a different place in the party member selection menu?

Silveredge9
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Well... Everybody makes mistakes sometimes :xp: but lets not get this thread off topic now.

Anyway how will it be if the player choose dark side? Will the new party member disappear or will it just move to a different place in the party member selection menu?
I haven't decided that part yet. Though I wonder, is it possible to move a party member to a different slot yet still retain the stats and equipment? That's something I'll have to test. :P

Darth Balor
08-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm, you could just have a script that moves it to Carth's spot by changing the number value.

Silveredge9
08-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I know HOW to do it. Just if or not in theory it would produce the results that I want.
There is no use moving a party member from one slot to another if it resets all stats and equipment to the default npc settings.

stoffe
08-29-2007, 04:22 PM
I know HOW to do it. Just if or not in theory it would produce the results that I want.
There is no use moving a party member from one slot to another if it resets all stats and equipment to the default npc settings.

You can preserve the game state of the character if you first spawn the NPC into the area, remove them from the party table and then add them to the new slot in the party table. Like for example:

void main() {
object oNPC = SpawnAvailableNPC(NPC_BASTILA, GetLocation(GetFirstPC()));
RemoveAvailableNPC(NPC_BASTILA);
AddAvailableNPCByObject(NPC_CARTH, oNPC);
}

Then you are adding the instance of the NPC you have in the game world, complete with their progression, inventory and variables.

I think that should be enough in KOTOR 1 (in KOTOR2:TSL you'd need to transfer any Influence and puppets as well to the new party table slot).

If you travel to standard modules you'll need to keep an eye out for odd behavior though, since many scripts check if an NPC is present via their party table slot, without checking what's actually in that slot. Thus those scripts would think that your NPC occupying Carth's slot is Carth.

Silveredge9
08-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks, that's definitely going to come in useful when I get round to implementing that stage of the party members 'journey'. :)

Sith Holocron
08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
I may have missed this in a previous entry but will the new recruit be voiced with English lines or in the typical alien-speak?

Omega_Novae
08-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Looking freakin' awesome so far; can't wait for its release. I just have one question. Some of the NPC dialog (like the officer on the Revan's ship) seems pretty hefty. Where did you get the material for it, and how did you create the lines?

Gargoyle King
08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Some of the NPC dialog (like the officer on the Revan's ship) seems pretty hefty. Where did you get the material for it, and how did you create the lines?Probably because Silver has a very good imagination, and the skills and right tools of course to incorporate his/her vision into a mod, that's about it really. ;)

Wedge Suron
08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Silver said that all that's needed to do is tweak the Party Members a bit.

Then he will release it.

Gargoyle King
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Silver said that all that's needed to do is tweak the Party Members a bit.

Then he will release it.Should be out sometime in September then, i'll definately give this one a spin. :D

Wedge Suron
08-30-2007, 01:31 PM
he did want it out by then.

Gargoyle King
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
he did want it out by then.Well good, can't wait then! :thumbsup:
However i don't mind when this mod comes out, i can be patient for what looks to be an awesome mod.

Wedge Suron
09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
My question is what is that Racghoul doing there?

Ghost Down
09-01-2007, 10:25 AM
You can spawn them with the armband..

- Ghost Down

Wedge Suron
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
in the cage, video 1 first post.

Silveredge9
09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
In any case I spent a little time planning some issues concerning the Party Member, so I now have a pretty clear plan of what remains.

If progess goes well in the next few days, I'll reveal another neat surprise. :)

Darth Ardius
09-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh my god Silver you are killing us with the suspense! You are a master at what you do.

Keep up the good work!

Dumb-1
09-03-2007, 09:38 AM
How long is it gonna take to release this mod...? Because it's THE BEST OF ALL!!!!
You have done a REALLY GREAT JOB with this!!!!!
Can't wait until you release it :D!!

///Dumb-1 :D

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
How long is it gonna take to release this mod...? Because it's THE BEST OF ALL!!!!
You have done a REALLY GREAT JOB with this!!!!!
Can't wait until you release it :D!!

///Dumb-1 :D

When its done. :p I believe Silver is hoping to get this mod out by the end of September.

Darth Balor
09-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Before that you booby. :p

Silveredge9
09-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Lots of progress over the last few days or so. Anyways, a small teaser cometh.

A random screenshot from an as of yet unrevealed part of the mod. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/bla-3.jpg)

Feel free to draw your own conclusions from the screenshot. :P

Another trailer coming later this week, should progress carry on smoothly.

Alexander the Great
09-04-2007, 12:00 AM
That's one of the Jedi who served under Revan in the Mandalorian Wars and is following Revan in his journey to the Dark Side?

Ghost Down
09-04-2007, 03:59 AM
Where did you get that saber hilt?! (Revan's)

- Ghost Down

Silveredge9
09-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Where did you get that saber hilt?! (Revan's)

- Ghost Down
It's an ingame asset. I think it's the same one that Malak uses or something.

Chevron 7 locke
09-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Wow you get to fight with malak instead of against him i like that. Malak is just a poor unloved soul who tried to conquer everything because his father never loved him lol but seriously i love the modwho is the twi'lek jedi is it Yuthura.

sorry about the various grammer mistakes........

Silveredge9
09-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Another new item revealed today. This time a Jedi Robe. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/bvlacopy.jpg

Problem is, I'm not sure what to call it. So here's where you come in, feel free to submit names for Jedi Robes that you think would suit it, based on the image.

I'll choose the best submitted name, and include it in the mod. :)

Weave
09-06-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry Silveredge... you must have dropped something...
MY JAW! 'Cause that robe is SwEeT!!! :lol:
The black leather looks sort of like Visas' robes...
Since I'm a Visas fan-boy and all... this robe is going to be an instant fave... ;)

Anywho... I think it should be called... hmmmm... perhaps...
Shadow Robes? I don't know... but they look stealthish (and stylish as well :p)

Plus... "Shadow" alludes to the title of your mod as well... :D (Then again... I'm a bit desperate hahaha)...

Ferc Kast
09-06-2007, 10:55 PM
"Darkness Robes", perhaps?

Good job with that robe.

Omega_Novae
09-06-2007, 11:46 PM
How about "Bloodlust Robes?"

This mod is looking better with everything you show us. I want it just as badly as the TSL Restoration Mod.

Ghost Down
09-07-2007, 04:00 AM
Robes of the Dahaka ?

Hehe, looking nice btw! :)

- Ghost Down

Master Zionosis
09-07-2007, 04:06 AM
Ohhh I'm good with item names, how about:

Bloodfyre Robes of Annihilation

Or...

Robe of the Crimson Order (I suppose that would mean you would need to create some kind of Crimson order, or just put it in the description, if you make it up :p)

Or how about...

Bloodvine Robe

Well, I can think of more if you don't like those :D

EDIT: Ohh I just thought of another cool one

Vermillion Robes of Domination :D

I can keep going you know, ohhh and all those names have copyright on them, you wanna use them ask me :xp:

Sith Holocron
09-07-2007, 12:59 PM
"Brandywyne Robe"?

Darth Balor
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Desolation Robes.
or
Robes of Desolation.

Jason Skywalker
09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Sith Inferno Robes.

RoyalBlue
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
After looking at it a while a came up with three names, each for a different Jedi Class.

1: Combat Master's Robe - Combat
2: Sith/Jedi Duke's Robe - Force/All that other stuff
3: Jedi Admiral's Robe - Ok, I just made that one up but, that can be both I guess.

BigMike322
09-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I just watched your trailers, flippin awesome.

Chevron 7 locke
09-08-2007, 01:22 PM
How about the robe of the sith king lol

Gargoyle King
09-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Nice robe Silver, a suggestion for the name keep it simple but give it meaning i.e:

[1.] Crimson Robe: Suits the colourings of the robe.
[2.] Bloodline Robe: Suits the colouring but could also explain that the robe passes down to one whom has a particular strong affinity to the force and thus the robe "seeks" a force bearer worthy enough to redeem it.

Silveredge9
09-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Some pretty neat names so far. Though if I had to complain, I'd say they are too RPG-Generic-Ish, perhaps suggestions that link in with the KOTOR lore? :P

Like Onderon Royal Robes or Mandalorian Wars Robe, and stuff like that. :)

Anyways, another new robe to feast your eyes on! A Republic themed Jedi Robe, wore by some Jedi Knights during the Mandalorian Wars to highlight their Republic rank.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/bla-4.jpg

I also passed another progress milestone today. ALL modules are 100% finished (And we are talking a good deal of modules here). :)

Alexander the Great
09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I was never sure why everything Star Wars-related had to have "Darkness" or a synonym in it.

How about "Dantooine Arcane Robes"? They seem Dantooine-ish to me.

Vermillion Robes of Domination :D

Lol, domination?

RoyalBlue
09-09-2007, 12:23 AM
XD Those new robes are just awesome! I was acctualy considering to ask for this on the mod request forum but it's already done lol! btw, is there a male transfer to these two? I also thought of a new name for the purple robes, but it'd geting hard because we don't know when these are going to be found. I'm saying "Rouge Jedi War Garments." I was thinking it looked formal, so it could be worn by high ranking jedi in the army for meetings and stuff.

stoffe
09-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I was never sure why everything Star Wars-related had to have "Darkness" or a synonym in it.

Black Shadow Robes of the Dark One? :p

I've never understood the need to have named clothing in a sci-fi setting anyway. Most people I know don't give their clothes names at least, and I don't really think it fits the setting. (In a fantasy setting it fits the genre a bit better at least.) Ships have names, and perhaps a veteran soldier names his favourite rifle of something, but clothing? :)

Perhaps a manufacturer brand name or name associated by the group that usually wear them (if it's a uniform) would be more normal, though if it isn't something mass produced that might not work.

I can't really picture Darth Malak getting out of bed in the morning thinking "Hmm, should I wear the Ragnos Underpants of Doom or the Sadow Underwear of Despair today? Would those really go well with the Exar Spandex of Domination? Choices, choices..." :p

Master Zionosis
09-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Lol, domination?

Umm.. are you laughing at what I choose or are you asking some kind of question, give a little info next time ;)

Wedge Suron
09-09-2007, 06:56 AM
Desolation Robes.
or
Robes of Desolation.

I like Robes of Desolation.

Hive
09-09-2007, 07:28 AM
I can't really picture Darth Malak getting out of bed in the morning thinking "Hmm, should I wear the Ragnos Underpants of Doom or the Sadow Underwear of Despair today? Would those really go well with the Exar Spandex of Domination? Choices, choices..." :p

:lol:

Gargoyle King
09-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey Silver some new names i thought of that would fit in to kotor.

Purple Robes = Echani Crimson Robes
Republic Robes = Veteran Robes (links in to its age from the mandalorian wars etc.)

Ghost Down
09-09-2007, 08:13 AM
They aren't purple, they are RED!

- Ghost Down

Gargoyle King
09-09-2007, 08:22 AM

- Ghost DownYa sure bout that? Because if look closer there are more purple shadings in the colour then red, it's more of "in betweeb the two" of red & purple but if you think that that is red, then you must be colourblind.

DreadWizardDM
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Robe name idea..hmm let me think hehe.

Beard of Lucas Circa 1979

:wookiee:

Alexander the Great
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM

If LucasForums had a favorite quotes section of the profile section, this would go in it. The spandex part had me.

Umm.. are you laughing at what I choose or are you asking some kind of question, give a little info next time ;)

Ugh, like, no. I do what I want, fascist pig.

Nah, I'm kidding. Don't mind that post.

- Ghost Down

Like, they're totally fuschia. Ugh, I need a frappucinno. Some people are so fashionably inept!

RoyalBlue
09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
XD I can't beleave we had fascist, fuschia, spandex and frappucinno in the same post.

Silveredge9
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
A small dialogue sample from the Party Member's dialogue.

You sound like you know Bastila?

I fail to understand your reference? What do you know of Bastila?

I know of Bastila yes. We… grew up together in the Academy at Dantooine. Before the Mandalorian Wars tore the Galaxy in two, before the Jedi became the mislead , fractured mess it has become and before I gave my life and my service to you, Revan.
We were sisters you see, in mind and in spirit.

So you were both Jedi on Dantooine before the Mandalorian Wars? Before… I rallied the Jedi to arms against the Mandalorian threat.

I see, tell me more of your history. I am intrigued.

For a time we were one and the same, both strong and courageous Padawans that were eager to break free of the restrictions our masters placed upon us, and bring peace to the galaxy through our noble deeds.

But that was a long time ago, we changed… I changed and I yearned for more then the life of a simple Jedi promised me.

I wanted to be something greater, I embraced passions where a Jedi should have embraced serenity and relied upon my emotions to guide me into the future. And so began my fall to the Dark Side, and such the fall was one of silence and shadow.

So you began your fall to the Dark Side whilst still a Jedi… What about Bastila?

Please, continue.

Bastila was one of caution and hesitation whilst I was one of action and resolution. For our time together we were good friends, but the shadow of the Mandalorian Wars soon sought to bring the change to our lives that meant our fates would ultimately differ.

Mandalore’s conquest against the Republic was a threat that the Jedi sought to weather like a passing storm. We embraced a stance of inaction against this threat and refused to aid the Republic, as the scars of Exar Kun had not yet fully healed.

This stance of inaction confused and angered the younger Jedi, who were eager to perform their duties as Jedi…

Please, continue.

We knew not of War nor the Dark Side as our masters of the Sith War did. They denied us the chance to perform our duties, to conform to our solemn roles as protectors of this galaxy whilst millions died after each passing day.

We were all filled with doubt and anger. Left with doubt over our true purpose as Jedi, and angered by our Councils reluctance to save lives.

But then a light pierced the shadow that encircled us, a Jedi who sought to release herself from the council and free the galaxy from the tyranny that infested it. You came Revan, you came to save us… Do you remember…?

But then a light pierced the shadow that encircled us, a Jedi who sought to release himself from the council and free the galaxy from the tyranny that infested it. You came Revan, you came to save us… Do you remember…?

*Cue Dantooine Vision*

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-11-2007, 06:56 PM
^_^ I'm liking all the back story. It will add a whole new element to the game not to mention a deeper story.

Sorry if this was already asked, well I actually have two questions. First, which memeber fo your party will this new mystery Twi'lek replace? Second, from what I've seen there appears to be flashback sequences, will you have a different set of party members during the flashbacks, or will you be fighting solo?

Silveredge9
09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
^_^ I'm liking all the back story. It will add a whole new element to the game not to mention a deeper story.

Sorry if this was already asked, well I actually have two questions. First, which memeber fo your party will this new mystery Twi'lek replace? Second, from what I've seen there appears to be flashback sequences, will you have a different set of party members during the flashbacks, or will you be fighting solo?

Brotherhood of Shadow content is split into 3 main parts. There is the 'prologue' mini quest that can be played as soon as you reach Korriban (Which is where you start it). The Main quest, which is accessible when you have completed both the Prologue quest and the ingame Leviathan quest and finally there is the content associated with the Party Member.

The new party member occupies Bastila's slot, which after the Leviathan is free. So no one is 'replaced'.

The dialogue for the Party Member goes very deep, and is probably the equal too or slightly surpassing the length of Carth's or Bastila's entire dialogue (15+ pages of Size 12 Times New Roman Dialogue on Word). Whilst the sidequest associated with the Party member that can be played after the core Brotherhood of Shadow quest is completed is all together about twice the size of a typical party member side quest in game (aka: Jagi, Bastila's mother and so on...), and FAR more interesting (Which hasn't yet being revealed at all :P) .

Not long now guys, maybe 2 weeks tops. :)

Omega_Novae
09-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Can't wait.

Weave
09-13-2007, 01:10 AM
............... Come it into the sunshine? Into The tempest's thrill?!?! I cannot tell... but IT the earth shall see!!!
:D
Does the new party member use the Twi'lek dialogue sounds (speaks in Lekku).. or do you have custom VOs?

Darth Ardius
09-13-2007, 07:00 AM
About 2 more weeks eh? That's outstanding! Truly a work of art and a masterpiece!

Darth Balor
09-14-2007, 09:52 AM
There are 4 mods I can't wait for, K1RP; TSLRP; K2RP; and Brotherhood of Shadow.

Miltiades
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
For me, those 4 + Coola's Coruscant Mod for K1. Btw, the more I get to know about this mod, the more excited I am. I'm very interested in the new party member and her background story.

One question, though, Silveredge9: If the new party member replaces Bastila after the Leviathan, will we have enough time to get to know this character. Will you get the whole story at once, or are there conditions like there were with the other party members to unlock certian parts of their background?

Silveredge9
09-14-2007, 11:49 AM
The party member herself plays a role within the Brotherhood of Shadow quest. When you engage in conversation with her on the Ebon Hawk, it's pretty much up to you to decide how you want to structure the conversation, whether you do it all at once... or in pieces as you progress towards the end of the game.

You could choose not to bother at all, but you'lle be missing out on some really cool gameplay scenarios/flashbacks, as well as access to one of the new items through a neat little easter egg-like appearance by certain characters from the comics.

Wedge Suron
09-14-2007, 12:00 PM
How do you trigger the Bridge?

I thought it would be a storyline replacement. Since it would be logical to have done that.

Silveredge9
09-14-2007, 12:06 PM
How do you trigger the Bridge?

I thought it would be a storyline replacement. Since it would be logical to have done that.
Given the context of which the released 'vision' happens, to have it as a storyline replacement would be the least logical option to have chosen.

All will make sense when you play the mod. Trust me. :P

MacTavish
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
WOW. Quite an amazing job Silveredge :thmbup1: :thmbup1: :thmbup1:, can't wait for it to get here!

RoyalBlue
09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Here is a quick question. What if the player falls to the darkside? I doubt that the new party member wouldn't follow you to the end, but won't that be a conflict of slots; Bastila's and this new girl's?

sekan
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Here is a quick question. What if the player falls to the darkside? I doubt that the new party member wouldn't follow you to the end, but won't that be a conflict of slots; Bastila's and this new girl's?

I asked the same question also. Go to the third page in this thread and you should have a good answer. :smash:

DarthExile27
09-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Just found out about this mod today, it looks fantastic great work.

Cheers.

Silveredge9
09-15-2007, 09:24 PM
A few teaser screenshots... :)

Bla (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/1-2.jpg) - Lightsaber-ness.
Bla 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/3-2.jpg) - Yes, it's probably what your thinking it is.
Bla 3 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/2-2.jpg) - Parting ways...

Alexander the Great
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
You're handling this mod very professionally. I'm impressed.

Silveredge9
09-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm planning on releasing another trailer between the coming Monday - Wednesday. This will be similar in style to the
last story trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkFiW-VWSG4) that was released.

So expect lots of unrevealed stuff, some really cool money shots... and maybe even the announcement you've all been waiting for.

Miltiades
09-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Nice stuff, again. Anxiously waiting for more. :)

DarthExile27
09-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Just saw the latest trailer great work, I like the Vandar, Vrook and Zhar skins. I also like the confrontation between Revan and Bastilla.

Cheers.

Silveredge9
09-16-2007, 08:45 PM
A few more screenshots. :)

- What you looking at? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/4-2.jpg)
- Bridge of the Orion. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/3-3.jpg)
- Combat. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/2-3.jpg)
- Final Skin for one of the more important characters of the mod (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/1-3.jpg)

And for those wondering how long the mod is...

I played through the ENTIRE package earlier for the first time... whilst timing how long it took me to play through from the beginning of the custom stuff to the end of it.

It took me roughly 4 hours... :)

lordofmalachor
09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
love the skin on that guy in the last pic. looks better then most of the ones bioware made.

Darth Balor
09-17-2007, 06:14 AM
4 hours of the best mod ever! I can't wait.

Miltiades
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, that last one can compete with the best BioWare has to offer in the original. Amazing!

Quanon
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM
OMG ! Nice :drop2:

This getting better and better , it'll be a mad rush hour when you release that mod :lol:

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Lol... I love the mask in the first pic. It looks all bug eyed. ^_^ I seriously can't wait for this mod more and more. You know Silveredge you area cruel person for taunting us with all these wonderful pics and teasers. ;)

Ctrl Alt Del
09-22-2007, 06:24 PM
How come did I missed that mod completely until I found it on Youtube today. Great work so far and took me some time to read through all the posts.

Problem is, I'm not sure what to call it. So here's where you come in, feel free to submit names for Jedi Robes that you think would suit it, based on the image.

I'll choose the best submitted name, and include it in the mod. :)

Still interested? Following your hints for the name, here it go.

Hssiss Ceremonial Robe

Description:
Unlike one may be led to think, this robe isn't made of Hssiss skin or a derivative. Instead, the material which it's revested is from a reddish foliage that's said to appear wherein there's large concentrations of Dark Side energies.

Apparently, new research by archaeologists have determined that those robes were used by the Ancient Sith in rituals where the old evil Sith souls were praised and united, creating a large mass of Dark energy, thus originating physical evil manifestations, such as the Hssiss.

Shrouded in mystery and myth, these robes are scarce and rarely seen, even within the Sith of this day and age. They are said to contain anti-poison features, that may be useful when summoning unreliable (and poisonous) Hssiss Dragons.

ps: Feel free to not use my description, if you wish, or to make the necessary editions on it.

It would be cool if that robe co-worked with that armband of yours, like, "you must have that robe equipped to spawn a Hssiss", though I know there might be some incompability issues, since they are critters that are only on K2.

Sith Holocron
09-23-2007, 02:37 AM
::POSSIBLE SPOILERS::

a) Any chance on correcting the spelling and grammatical errors?

b) As many of the new NPC's have lengthy speaking parts, would it not be in your favor to have the option to skip some dialogue? On the first play-through, I can understand you wanting your new audience to experience all of you've written but after 3rd or 4th time, Daemon Drexel's monologue on the Orion seems to get a bit tiring.

c) It seems I'm not the only one having issues getting stuck in the room with Daemon Drexel after the fight. Is there a secret button to open the door or have I completely missed the way out? (What I'm trying to say here is that I'm stuck and people on other forums have said the same thing.)

Qui-Gon Glenn
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Ouch.... coulda used a spoiler tag there, SH :|

Skipable dialog is something I'm in favor of though... although the first time thru or two I'll definitely take time to take it all in.

tnu
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
i'm rather confused as to what i'm supposed to Portraits.2da it asks me to select a file path or so emthing or some place to save it does it go in Override?

Merchant2006
11-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello, im just here to help out (sorry for being an idiot and sending you those messages on YouTube, had i known if i could post it here, i would have done so earlier).

Here are a list of errors on the BoS Mod for KotOR, even after the installation of patch v1.04:

1) Bastila torture cutscene - During the cutscene where Malak is torturing Bastila, instead of Bastila being tied down upon the rock, Matilda's model is there replacing Bastila. So Malak is torturing Matilda... see here:
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Merchant2006/image/480480/

2) Stuck on Jedi Masters Battle - Proceeding the duel with the visions of Masters Vandar, Dorak and Vrook, the game does not continue and the cutscene does not activate, resulting in the player only being able to roam around mindlessly in the Jedi Council Enclave hall and not proceed further.

3) Carth Onasi is gone - Once you have landed on the Jedi Enclave in Dantooine and you have followed Bastila & Carth to the Jedi Enclave Council Hall, Carth is not present when he is supposed to say "they're waiting for you inside."

4) Carth Onasi is not on the Leviathan - It has been stated that Carth Onasi is not visible on the Leviathan... however i do not have enough information based upon this glitch so i cannot say much more on this error.

5) Bastila, the invisible woman - When on the Leviathan and your character is being tortured by Admiral Saul Karath, Bastila is not present in the force cage, however you can only hear her dialogue when she has to speak, but you cannot see her model inside the cage.

6) Stuck after the BoS Clone Battle - Players have stated on multiple occasions that they have been unable to proceed in the game after the battle with the Brotherhood of Shadow clones, rendering their game useless as they cannot proceed, and they have to repeat the process all over again (with the cutscene) via their autosave.

7) Stuck after defeating BoS member - After defeating the member of the BoS and hearing his tale of woe on his past life a millenia ago, he will become enraged and attack the PC. Upon doing so, he will strike the PC, however, instead of becoming a clone of Darth Revan, the game will exit the cutscene mode he will attack the PC, stand in a combat stance and stay upon the same spot. The game will become stuck once more, rendering game progression useless and leaving the player to wander aimlessly in the locked area of the Jedi Council Hall.

8) Matilda has Bastila's Squad member NPC Conversation Dialogue - If you have Bastila and another team member in your squad for a while(e.g. Jolee, Mission, Carth, Canderous, Juhani...i think Juhani, dunno about her lol, ive forgotten), they will engage in a conversation. If your characters have not interacted with Bastila before she is taken captive by Malaak and (after the 2nd BoS quest) you have Matilda and another character in your squad, they will interact, however, Matilda will have Bastila's dialogue and engage in a conversation with your 3rd squad member as if it were Bastila speaking to them.

I am proceeding to continue my game from Lehon (Unknown Planet - Star Forge system) and completing the game. I shall restart the game and play through Taris (instead of skipping it) and i will post up any more errors that occur during the rest of the game (before the Leviathan).

If someone could please complete the game, play through the game in this order: Taris, Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban (i have already played through Manaan with Matilda in my squad and no errors have occured) then i would appreciate the help. Send me a message on my LucasForum account if you have any errors on those 4 planets (by starting a new game once you have installed BoS + V1.04) and i will post them up here in full depth and detail.

Hope that helps you SilverEdge, and we really have to thank you because you have continued to improve on your mod, your dedication is appreciated by all of us.

Silveredge9
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Hello, im just here to help out (sorry for being an idiot and sending you those messages on YouTube, had i known if i could post it here, i would have done so earlier).

Here are a list of errors on the BoS Mod for KotOR, even after the installation of patch v1.04:

1) Bastila torture cutscene - During the cutscene where Malak is torturing Bastila, instead of Bastila being tied down upon the rock, Matilda's model is there replacing Bastila. So Malak is torturing Matilda... see here:
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Merchant2006/image/480480/

2) Stuck on Jedi Masters Battle - Proceeding the duel with the visions of Masters Vandar, Dorak and Vrook, the game does not continue and the cutscene does not activate, resulting in the player only being able to roam around mindlessly in the Jedi Council Enclave hall and not proceed further.

3) Carth Onasi is gone - Once you have landed on the Jedi Enclave in Dantooine and you have followed Bastila & Carth to the Jedi Enclave Council Hall, Carth is not present when he is supposed to say "they're waiting for you inside."

4) Carth Onasi is not on the Leviathan - It has been stated that Carth Onasi is not visible on the Leviathan... however i do not have enough information based upon this glitch so i cannot say much more on this error.

5) Bastila, the invisible woman - When on the Leviathan and your character is being tortured by Admiral Saul Karath, Bastila is not present in the force cage, however you can only hear her dialogue when she has to speak, but you cannot see her model inside the cage.

6) Stuck after the BoS Clone Battle - Players have stated on multiple occasions that they have been unable to proceed in the game after the battle with the Brotherhood of Shadow clones, rendering their game useless as they cannot proceed, and they have to repeat the process all over again (with the cutscene) via their autosave.

7) Stuck after defeating BoS member - After defeating the member of the BoS and hearing his tale of woe on his past life a millenia ago, he will become enraged and attack the PC. Upon doing so, he will strike the PC, however, instead of becoming a clone of Darth Revan, the game will exit the cutscene mode he will attack the PC, stand in a combat stance and stay upon the same spot. The game will become stuck once more, rendering game progression useless and leaving the player to wander aimlessly in the locked area of the Jedi Council Hall.

8) Matilda has Bastila's Squad member NPC Conversation Dialogue - If you have Bastila and another team member in your squad for a while(e.g. Jolee, Mission, Carth, Canderous, Juhani...i think Juhani, dunno about her lol, ive forgotten), they will engage in a conversation. If your characters have not interacted with Bastila before she is taken captive by Malaak and (after the 2nd BoS quest) you have Matilda and another character in your squad, they will interact, however, Matilda will have Bastila's dialogue and engage in a conversation with your 3rd squad member as if it were Bastila speaking to them.

I am proceeding to continue my game from Lehon (Unknown Planet - Star Forge system) and completing the game. I shall restart the game and play through Taris (instead of skipping it) and i will post up any more errors that occur during the rest of the game (before the Leviathan).

If someone could please complete the game, play through the game in this order: Taris, Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Korriban (i have already played through Manaan with Matilda in my squad and no errors have occured) then i would appreciate the help. Send me a message on my LucasForum account if you have any errors on those 4 planets (by starting a new game once you have installed BoS + V1.04) and i will post them up here in full depth and detail.

Hope that helps you SilverEdge, and we really have to thank you because you have continued to improve on your mod, your dedication is appreciated by all of us.

1) I still haven't found a method to fix this that doesn't break the cutscene entirely.
2) I think this only happens occasionally with some people. It sounds like a misfire, so if the module was restarted again from an earlier save, it may play fine. Still, I'll check the script just to check.
3) BoS isn't causing this bug. The package doesn't modify any files from this part of the game at all.
4) The same applies here...
5) And here...
6) This appears to be the same bug as #7.
7) I have an experimental fix for this bug that is waiting to be tested by users experiancing the bug. It worked when I tested it.
8) This is fixed in the upcoming patch.

For future replies, please use this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2386681#post2386681)

Mod Edit: Aye... to prevent this happening in the future I'll close this one. ;) -RH