PDA

View Full Version : Official Venting Thread

BongoBob
07-31-2007, 03:32 AM
This thread is for swampies to vent when they're majorly pissed off about something. I'll start.

I have every song on Guitar Hero II on hard 5 starred. Except for one. Six. Yes, Six, the bastard child of strumming. My best score was 176k, and the minumum required for a 5 star rating is 193k. So I decided to practice my ass off on it. After finally getting the basics of it down, I went into it for real, and started playing. After god knows how many failed attempts and around 50 minutes of trying, I finally did it! Or so I thought. My score was 192,706. Yes, a mere 300 points away from getting a 5 star. I'm so ****ing pissed off right now, I came so close to putting that damn plastic SG through my f***ing tv.

[/rant][babypunchingspree]

RoxStar
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
keke the X-Plorer is better :p

Mike Windu
07-31-2007, 03:21 PM
This is why I stopped playing guitar hero so much.. because songs really frustrate me and I don't feel like spending time just to 5 star them..

BongoBob
07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Well I treid it again this morning, and was able to get it with a rather large amount of luck. Did crappy at the beginning, then nailed the 2nd chrous, and almost perfectly hit the solo and got the star power there, then used it on the 3rd chorus which I also nailed, and then nailed the ending, and I still barely got the 5 star rating, I think my score was around 196k.

RoxStar
07-31-2007, 11:59 PM
My borrowed mac only has Mac OS 10.2 :|

Boba Rhett
08-01-2007, 01:51 AM
I just wrecked my left hand and I live in a garage.

And Bob's been taking pictures of me naked.

BongoBob
08-01-2007, 02:17 AM
0.0 HOW DID YOU FIND THE CAMERAS!!!

I mean, what?

Sabretooth
08-01-2007, 02:32 AM
My GNOME is ****ing slow and my Xfce is not easy-to-use. Argh.

*boots Windows XP*

Windows sux. Linux FTFW.

Crow_Nest
08-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Its been a week already and my cough is still bad. My voice can suddenly go out of tune or i'll just start coughing while i talk. >.<

Tyrion
08-01-2007, 06:15 AM
My voice can suddenly go out of tune

That's not a cough, that's puberty.

BongoBob
08-01-2007, 06:18 AM
My GNOME is ****ing slow and my Xfce is not easy-to-use. Argh.

*boots Windows XP*

Windows sux. Linux FTFW.

That seems a little anti-climactic.

IG-64
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I've been working full-time all summer long at wal-mart. You're able to put down your "career preferences" which is supposed to tell them what section of the store you want to work in, but apparently that doesn't mean ****. They put you where they want to put you, no matter how crappy it is or how much you hate it. They seem to enjoy sticking me in a refrigerator by myself for 9 hours so I can stack little things of yogurt with || this much room to move around with, all while having to wrestle with crappy doors that get stuck when you have to slide them every second. And then there's last week, when they put me in the juice aisle, where I had to learn where everything went within 2 minutes and had to hurry with really freaking heavy cases of random liquid products. Also, the guy who works on the juice aisle just happens to be an a**h***, has no idea how to give instructions, and treats me like I have the thought capacity of a paper clip. These factors led to my eventual mental breakdown in which I got really stressed, upset, and sick and had to go home 6 hours early.

But no more! Haha! I only 4 more days of this **** left, and as soon as it's done I'm gonna relax for the 3 weeks before school starts, buy my new computer, and laugh in the face of wal-mart as I will never work there again.

*bows*

Sabretooth
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
That seems a little anti-climactic.

That's inverted anger-venting for you.

Rogue15
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
ig, you got owned. i work at the photo lab in walmart....it's not bad there at all, well there are times but it's that bad. but if they ever put me up on front register or in another dept i would be so pissed!!!!!!!!

Tyrion
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
*bows*

I'm not sure what else you would expect at Walmart, because it is entirely evil. Its products are evil and wonderfully cheap, its use of domestic labor is evil and inexpensive, its use of foreign child labor is evil and deviously economical, the stockholders are spawn of demons, and the board of directors are the Fox executives who put Firefly off the air. Evil, evil, EVIL! In other words, you better start confession with a priest soon, lest you want to spend an eternity in Hell where the only thing to do is price checks. Over. And over. And over.

Then again, they do have wonderful deals on baby cribs.

Kain
08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
I've got everything on GH2 5 starred on expert but Jordan. I CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE ****ER!! My computer won't link to the internet (I'm on my dad's) and NOW THAT I KICKED THE **** OUT OF IT AND POUNDED THE **** INTO IT I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF MY DAMN CD-ROM'LL WORK ANY GOD DAMNED MORE!!!

BongoBob
08-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Too much banging your head on the keyboard?

Det. Bart Lasiter
08-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I've been working full-time all summer long at wal-mart. You're able to put down your "career preferences" which is supposed to tell them what section of the store you want to work in, but apparently that doesn't mean ****. They put you where they want to put you, no matter how crappy it is or how much you hate it. They seem to enjoy sticking me in a refrigerator by myself for 9 hours so I can stack little things of yogurt with || this much room to move around with, all while having to wrestle with crappy doors that get stuck when you have to slide them every second. And then there's last week, when they put me in the juice aisle, where I had to learn where everything went within 2 minutes and had to hurry with really freaking heavy cases of random liquid products. Also, the guy who works on the juice aisle just happens to be an a**h***, has no idea how to give instructions, and treats me like I have the thought capacity of a paper clip. These factors led to my eventual mental breakdown in which I got really stressed, upset, and sick and had to go home 6 hours early.
Two weeks ago I crawled around in a 4 foot high crawl space (I'm 6'5"; the floor of the crawl space was lined with dirt and and dead mice) ripping fiber glass off of pipes for 10 hours a day for 2 days. Last week we went back into the same ****ing crawl space to cut up a few thousand pounds of copper piping and haul it into a truck.

HAHA MY JOB IS WORSE VICTOLY IS MINE

Mike Windu
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm about to start working in the library at my college.

>_>

I'm so mad that I have all this time to get my homework done cause nobody really needs help in the libraries. And to make things worse, sometimes I have to stack little books on shelves. :(

Real venting though, I'm not happy about the stupid crap that I have to do in order to get my financial aid money. Have to go through all these stupid online loan counseling things and answer questionaires. :X

jebbers
08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I have worked five 10.5 hour days in a row with temperatures reaching up to around 95F. Thats not including with pants, boots, long sleeves, lack of clouds and wind, and the hot tar. The hot tar itself is 400F+. So my days are miserable.

Also the other day I got burned by the hot and the back of my hand. Only the size of a dime, but it hurt like a motherfather!

Negative Sun
08-01-2007, 07:51 PM
We ordered a digital camera to use on my 21st Bday party on Saturday, it came in today...it's F*???!!!!!!!!!+++/////1111!!!???***** FAULTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to send it back and hope the new one (that'll hopefully work) will be here on time...

ET Warrior
08-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Howzabout we don't derail this thread far enough that it ends up locked, mmmmkay?

Crow_Nest
08-02-2007, 05:30 AM
That's not a cough, that's puberty.

Its not, well when i said out of tune what i actually ment was it can suddenly go off. And im already 16 btw :D

Mace MacLeod
08-02-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm sick and f!!king tired of babysitting temps. For the last 2 3/4 weeks, that's all I've been bloody doing at work. Where do they find these dumbasses? And why do they keep sending them to ME?!

I'm a machine operator in a bindery plant, and we're in the midst of our annual College Handbook job, when we put together several hundred thousand student handbooks for Canadian universities and colleges before the start of the new school term, and this job goes on for weeks. For the occasional huge jobs like this, it's cheaper and less hassle to call up a gaggle of expendable twit temps for the short term than it is to hire on and then lay off competent people, right? The last 11 out of 12 workdays, I've had nothing but these bozos with me. The guy with no upper lip has been my almost constant companion, topped only in efficiency by the kid who sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating. And these guys are the good ones. One dude lasted a whole hour and a half before putting on his coat and hopping out of the bay doors, and the kid I had tonight took a couple of cellphone calls and asked me if i knew a good chiropractor and how to call in sick. And, naturally, this knob was utterly useless for work. Eight hours into the shift, and I was still correcting his dumbass stacking mistakes.

All the other operators have gotten to have regular staffers on their machines at some point or another in the last month, I've got them for about 3 1/2 hours out of the last 110.

Piss me the f!!k off.

ZBomber
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm angry that my post was deleted

Thats my rant

Tyrion
08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm angry that my post was deleted

Thats my rant

I'm angry too that my post insulting your post hardcore was deleted.

Anyway, I'm frustrated that everyone that plays Shadowrun is a douche. More to the point, I'm frustrated that everyone on my team is a douche while everyone on the other team have the coordination of a veteran SWAT team. The fact that it happens in nearly every game is a testament to the stupidity of the universe, and most definitely not because I suck.

Negative Sun
08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
What all was wrong with the camera?
It wouldn't keep power, kept saying the batteries were low, and then it just ended up dying and not starting back up...Tried like 4 sets of brand new batteries, didn't help, referred to the manual and all it could tell me for that kind of issue was "try new batteries", gee Sherlock, ya think...I considered phoning tech support but then I thought not, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the thing doesn't start no matter what batteries you put in, the thing's probably buggered...So: Return to sender!

Ordered a new one though, and they better get it to me in time or they'll get a very angry e-mail!!![/nerd]

I'm angry too that my post insulting your post hardcore was deleted.

Anyway, I'm frustrated that everyone that plays Shadowrun is a douche. More to the point, I'm frustrated that everyone on my team is a douche while everyone on the other team have the coordination of a veteran SWAT team. The fact that it happens in nearly every game is a testament to the stupidity of the universe, and most definitely not because I suck.
lolz, that's why I got put off playing online

"zomg you n00b!!!!!!"

"This map sucks!!!! zomg!!!111"

"Haker cheaterz!!!11111 ur momma stinks111!!!!"

Yeah, great fun...

DarthAve
08-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm mad at Charles Dickens for making Great Expectations so long.

it's like 'I GET IT! JUST GO UP TO ESTELLA AND BE ALL 'LISTEN BITCH, SHUT UP AND SUCK IT.'" God, Pip's such a douche.

Tyrion
08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm mad at Charles Dickens for making Great Expectations so long.

it's like 'I GET IT! JUST GO UP TO ESTELLA AND BE ALL 'LISTEN BITCH, SHUT UP AND SUCK IT.'" God, Pip's such a douche.

I developed a pathological hatred for Pip in Freshman year because of Great Expectations. Yes, he is a douche, and I have only murderous intentions for him.

Also: the marriage between Biffy and Joe was a bit disturbing. Isn't Joe around 20 years older than her?

DarthAve
08-03-2007, 12:39 AM
I wish I could pick my own book to do a report about. I'd do Brave New World, or Kitchen Confidential or somthing good.

Also, WOAH WOAH WOAH, NOT THAT FAR IN THE BOOK YET! That's kinda creepy though.

Tyrion
08-03-2007, 01:57 AM
I wish I could pick my own book to do a report about. I'd do Brave New World, or Kitchen Confidential or somthing good.

Also, WOAH WOAH WOAH, NOT THAT FAR IN THE BOOK YET! That's kinda creepy though.

Oh, then you probably don't know that alien tripods from Mars invade and destroy London. Pip gets brutally eaten by one such alien and takes twenty pages to die.

Oh, if only.

Bob Lion54
08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
You whats not a fun call to get? How about this one?

"Hi, this is Lynn with your apartment complex. One of our maintenance guys noticed the window was broken on your car."

YAY!

On the plus side, it wasn't broken into. My car was still locked and everything was inside. I'm not sure what happened. Probably got hit by a rock or something...

Still, now I get to spend $160 to get it replaced because its not expensive enough to be covered by my insurance. OH! And I get to sit at the glass place while they replace it! Added bonus! WOOT WOOT!

Luckily, at least, it was the passenger side so I don't have to worry about sitting on glass.

MrWally
08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Summer school work + full time job.

The End.

Ratmjedi
08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
You whats not a fun call to get? How about this one?

"Hi, this is Lynn with your apartment complex. One of our maintenance guys noticed the window was broken on your car."

YAY!

On the plus side, it wasn't broken into. My car was still locked and everything was inside. I'm not sure what happened. Probably got hit by a rock or something...

Still, now I get to spend $160 to get it replaced because its not expensive enough to be covered by my insurance. OH! And I get to sit at the glass place while they replace it! Added bonus! WOOT WOOT!

Luckily, at least, it was the passenger side so I don't have to worry about sitting on glass.

That's expensive. My front windshield has a huge crack so I need to get the whole thing replaced and thats gonna be like $180 including labor. Shop around cause someone's overcharging you.

:lsduel: :duel:

Anthony
08-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I got fed up with bagging lettuce at work today so i hurled one across the basement. It exploded against a wall and I was happy.

****ing produce

BongoBob
08-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Is there any video of said crime against produce?

Reclaimer
08-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Well, the last few days have been ****.

I go into work on Sunday, and my boss is there when it's his day off. So I go in the back and grab a bunch of games to put on the shelves. As I'm doing this, I notice my boss is watching me. After a few more minutes, I ask him what's up. He tells me to come in the back. The convo went like this.

"I'm not spose to tell you this, but we had two reports filed against you on Friday."

"What? Reports? What reports, or what did I do?"

"Well, you were reported on not doing your job, and the next I can't believe."

"Well, what is it?"

"You were reported telling a customer off."

"What!?"

"Yeah, I know. I don't believe it, but I was asked to watch you since you're the only one on duty til one."

"Ok..."

So I go back out, help customers and everything. At six I leave and go home. I tell my parents and they say its bull****. Then later I go out to a friends going away to college party.

Well, while at the party I get a phone call. It's my boss, and he wants see me at work right away. I tell him I really can't, but he says it's important. I tell my friend I had to go (he's upset, but understands) and I go back to work. I get there, and there's a customer and my boss. He points me to the back and tells me he'll be there in a sec.

So I go and wait, and he comes in and tells me to sit. He then goes on about jobs and stuff, and then tells me about work hours. THis whole time I have no idea what this means, so I just ask him.

"What are you getting at."

"Well, you hit three strikes today."

"What?"

"You left work early, and without telling anyone. That's a report and your third strike."

"What do you mean I "left work early?" I was to get off at six!"

"No you weren't, it wasn't requested."

I get up and go to the border where we request time off or another temp shift, and sure enough it wasn't approved, but everyone else's was. I tell my boss this, and he says he's sorry but he has to let me go.

So I leave pissed off, one for being fired, and two for missing my friends party. So I go home and tell my parents, in which then they tell me it sounds like someone doesn't like you.

So I call up my friend who works at a locally owned game store, and ask him if they needed people, and he tells me they do and he'll pass my name along. The next day I get a call from the owner, and he interviews me over the phone. At the end of the interview he offers me the job, because of my former expeirence and my attitude. He tells me to come to work the next day for quick training and so I can set up my schedule.

So I go there, go through the training (only an hour long) and I go to the schedule board with him. He tells me it's only once a week (used to be once a month with GameStop) and he set up a really flexible schedule of my shifts for when I go back to school next week. He tells me I'll do fine.

So yesterday (Wednesday) this guy I used to work with comes in and sees me, he asks if we can talk. I take my break and go out to talk to him, and he tells me more of why I was fired. He was a nighttime manager, and overall boss wanted to make room for some cheap interns (they make only $7 something compared to the $12.50 employees get) so he fired me, but also four other employees.

So now I'm pissed because they fired me and didn't tell me straight up. I also ask about the reports, and he says one was true, but only because the customer told me to shut the **** up and I went off on him.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I make $15.60 now running the cash register and stocking games, and during our free time we play the 360 and PS3 in the store. I also get great discounts on games and hardware.

Yeah.

MrWally
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
@Reclaimer

I guess there's a reason for everything, eh?

jebbers
08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I went out to GameStop and bought a Xbox 360 steering wheel so I can finally play Test Drive Unlimited and my other various racing games.

I fly home with hope and the anticipation of playing with a steering wheel for the first time. I get home pop in Test Drive.

The top half of the opening Xbox logo separates from the bottom half! I was like "DO NOT WANT!" I turn the Xbox off and restart. This time nothing. Then the green ring turned red.

I was on the brink of tears. Now I have a $100 steering wheel and no effing Xbox.

MrWally
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Doesn't Microsoft's warranty cover the Ring of Death?

Negative Sun
08-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Depends what type of warranty was sold with the 360, and if it still falls within that warranty in the first place...

I've playing MGS2 on hard for a while now, and getting pretty good at it, I'm almost near the end, when Solidus does his last choke on me and I have to "press Triangle repeatedly", and I CAN'T get bloody past it, no matter how fast I tap it, I can never do it, I must've tried it like a zillion times...I feel so old lol, I'm gonna have to get a Turbo controller I think[/old man rant]

Reclaimer
08-09-2007, 10:48 PM
@Reclaimer

I guess there's a reason for everything, eh?

I guess. I just hate **** like that.

ET Warrior
08-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Depends what type of warranty was sold with the 360, and if it still falls within that warranty in the first place...
No...every single xbox 360 ever sold with any warranty is covered for a period of three years against the red circle.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

Anthony
08-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Is there any video of said crime against produce?

Hahah sadly no, it wasnt planned

Negative Sun
08-10-2007, 04:13 PM
No...every single xbox 360 ever sold with any warranty is covered for a period of three years against the red circle.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm
Cool, at least they've improved their customer service a bit then huh?
I'm not too bothered anyways cause it'll never happen to me... My PS2 pwns all!

Det. Bart Lasiter
08-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I guess. I just hate **** like that.
Heh, my supervisor did that to a guy I work with. Except it was a joke and he didn't actually get fired.

TiE23
08-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I got fed up with bagging lettuce at work today so i hurled one across the basement. It exploded against a wall and I was happy.

****ing produce
Should talk to my brother, he's in produce.

Doesn't Microsoft's warranty cover the Ring of Death? A chap at work told me that his 360 violently died on him. He started it up and it made the sound of "a belt sander" and turned off. He threw away his receipt and said he can't get a free replacement. So he's planning on getting a used Xbox 360 core. Hopefully for as cheap as he can, he'll just put his HDD on it and it'll be as good as new.

Tyrion
08-11-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm trying to play YYZ by Rush on guitar right now. Everything is going smoothly, except for the fact that apparently a whammy bar makes the whole song easier. Woe is me and my bloody stupid Epiphone Les Paul. Well, no, it's actually an awesome guitar, I'm just sad that it's a hardtail and that means no whammy bar, ever.

Besides that, though, I hate Alex Lifeson and all that his crazy rhythms stand for. I'm a rock musician - things like syncopation are foreign and bizarre to me. More to the point, he's an awesome guitarist: I'm surprised that more people don't think he's an excellent guitarist, but then again he probably just gets upstaged by Geddy Lee and Neil Peart.

jebbers
08-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Doesn't Microsoft's warranty cover the Ring of Death?

Yeah. They are sending out a box so I can ship it back to them for fixing.

Ratmjedi
08-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Should talk to my brother, he's in produce.

A chap at work told me that his 360 violently died on him. He started it up and it made the sound of "a belt sander" and turned off. He threw away his receipt and said he can't get a free replacement. So he's planning on getting a used Xbox 360 core. Hopefully for as cheap as he can, he'll just put his HDD on it and it'll be as good as new.

He should still try and call in to see if he can get it replaced for free. When I got my ring of death I got worried cause I never save receipt's so I searched franticly for it and finally found it and called in and they never even asked me when I had bought it or anything so I'd say it's a worth a shot to call in before he drops some more $.

You also get a free month of Live for the down time you'll expierience even though it only took 2 weeks to get it shipped from my house and back.

:lsduel: :duel:

BongoBob
08-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Well here's my kill yourself moment for the time being.

A friend of mine bought Fire Emblem on the GBA, and then lost it. When I went over to his house he kept going on and on about it, and I found him a ROM of it, as well as the VisualBoyAdvance emulator. While we were there, he had me try it out, and he got me hooked on it, even though I only got to chapter 3. So I copied the ROM as well as the save states we made over to my flash drive and brought em home. Downloaded VBA for linux as well as kvisualboyadvance, the KDE frontend for it. Upon firing it up, I found out there's support for save states, just doesn't tell you how to save them. After a good 4 hours straight of fire emblem, on chapter 9 one of my characters dies. So I go to hit Escape to exit and restart the chapter, and I accidentally hit F1. Which loads save state one. Which overwrote the ROM file's *internal* save. With my save data on it. So now my 4+ hours of fire emblem have been wasted.

If i've ever had a kill yoself moment, this was it.

Nalukai
08-17-2007, 10:54 PM
This thread is for swampies to vent when they're majorly pissed off about something. I'll start.

I have every song on Guitar Hero II on hard 5 starred. Except for one. Six. Yes, Six, the bastard child of strumming. My best score was 176k, and the minumum required for a 5 star rating is 193k. So I decided to practice my ass off on it. After finally getting the basics of it down, I went into it for real, and started playing. After god knows how many failed attempts and around 50 minutes of trying, I finally did it! Or so I thought. My score was 192,706. Yes, a mere 300 points away from getting a 5 star. I'm so ****ing pissed off right now, I came so close to putting that damn plastic SG through my f***ing tv.

[/rant][babypunchingspree]

you should really try feeling what its like to 1 note short of an FC on any expert song especially shanking it near the end.

Negative Sun
08-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Well here's my kill yourself moment for the time being.

A friend of mine bought Fire Emblem on the GBA, and then lost it. When I went over to his house he kept going on and on about it, and I found him a ROM of it, as well as the VisualBoyAdvance emulator. While we were there, he had me try it out, and he got me hooked on it, even though I only got to chapter 3. So I copied the ROM as well as the save states we made over to my flash drive and brought em home. Downloaded VBA for linux as well as kvisualboyadvance, the KDE frontend for it. Upon firing it up, I found out there's support for save states, just doesn't tell you how to save them. After a good 4 hours straight of fire emblem, on chapter 9 one of my characters dies. So I go to hit Escape to exit and restart the chapter, and I accidentally hit F1. Which loads save state one. Which overwrote the ROM file's *internal* save. With my save data on it. So now my 4+ hours of fire emblem have been wasted.

If i've ever had a kill yoself moment, this was it.
I'm sure we've all done this in a game at some point in our life...I remember it being frustrating on the Zelda games when you had to go through an entire dungeon again, ugh!

BongoBob
08-18-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm sure we've all done this in a game at some point in our life...I remember it being frustrating on the Zelda games when you had to go through an entire dungeon again, ugh!

Actually, I had to completely redo the (if my memory serves right) last temple of Majoras Mask because instead of playing the warp song, I played the song that started the 3 days over.

I was so pissed off, but I was sick in bed, so I had nothing better to do.

ZBomber
08-18-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm trying to play YYZ by Rush on guitar right now. Everything is going smoothly, except for the fact that apparently a whammy bar makes the whole song easier. Woe is me and my bloody stupid Epiphone Les Paul. Well, no, it's actually an awesome guitar, I'm just sad that it's a hardtail and that means no whammy bar, ever.

Besides that, though, I hate Alex Lifeson and all that his crazy rhythms stand for. I'm a rock musician - things like syncopation are foreign and bizarre to me. More to the point, he's an awesome guitarist: I'm surprised that more people don't think he's an excellent guitarist, but then again he probably just gets upstaged by Geddy Lee and Neil Peart.

I saw Rush live in June.... it was a 3 hour long orgasm.

If you think YYZ is hard try to learn La Villa Strangiato by Rush....

Or the bass to YYZ. Christ. Never again :(

Tyrion
08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I saw Rush live in June.... it was a 3 hour long orgasm.

If you think YYZ is hard try to learn La Villa Strangiato by Rush....

Or the bass to YYZ. Christ. Never again :(

YYZ isn't that hard, except for scale riff that's after the tritone opening. What's annoying though, is that it's not particularly difficult, it's just a bitch to keep consistent.

You're lucky your finger didn't burst into unholy flames from foolishly attempting to play the bass to YYZ, really. Pray to Father Geddy to repent for your sin.

MrWally
08-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Just wait for Through the Fire and the Flames.

ZBomber
08-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Just wait for Through the Fire and the Flames.

We were talking about real life guitar tho, not guitar hero :p (Assuming thats what you were refering to)

Why do I always try to learn the hard songs on bass.... War Pigs is really hard too, its all over the place.

La Villa has a ton of classical guitar riffs and lines in it, lots of arpeggios that are practically impossible. You should look up the song

My vent is tomorrow is my last day of work, meaning no more pay. And, my job is to sit around, smoke pot, eat, and drive around with my friends.

Atleast I still got another week til school starts.

MrWally
08-19-2007, 12:45 AM
I fail at reading :/

Tyrion
08-19-2007, 12:48 AM
I fail at reading :/

In your defense, I'm not going to attempt Through the Fire and the Flames until I am so godlike I can order my guitar to make a sandwich for me.

Oh, and Zed, I'll try to tackle La Villa after I'm done mastering the Stairway to Heaven solo. Pentatonic scale ftw.

BongoBob
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Well god f***ing damnit.

First day of college today for me. I get into my english class, and most of the people have the textbooks already. Turns out that they've had the required textbooks on lists at the bookstore here at the community college the entire time, and I didn't know this. S***. So I head on down the the bookstore after class is over, and guess what? No more f***in textbooks. So I ask if they can check the other college bookstores. None in stock. S***! So I go to borders.com and check to see if any of the stores have them. NONE. AND I NEED THE TEXTBOOK BY THURSDAY.

GOD. F***ING. DAMNIT.

JoeDoe 2.0
08-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Do it the ninja way then Bongo...

>.>
<.<

hehe... I KEED!

Today I had to do some Groceries, so after buying ALL of the things required at home, I'm waiting to pay at the register, when I see a brat making a big fuss and his mother doesn't do anything about it, he was holding up the line. Ten minutes later, it's still going on. Srsly, I almost lost it if it not were for his mother FINALLY making him shut up.

Jeff
08-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Bongo, did you check Amazon? I got most of my books from there and they were all at least half off the campus bookstore prices, even new ones.

ET Warrior
08-29-2007, 12:59 AM
It may not have been the best first day of college ever for you Bongo, but it was better than This guys (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=76215)

tk102
08-29-2007, 01:32 AM
@Bongo: Hey man -- good to get that n00b mistake out of the way early... you've got plenty more chances to look cool in the upcoming years.

Tyrion
08-29-2007, 02:20 AM
@Bongo: Hey man -- good to get that n00b mistake out of the way early... you've got plenty more chances to look cool in the upcoming years.

Or at least until the frat hazing.

TiE23
08-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Or at least until the frat hazing.
Hot syrup and butter on naked skin in a sauna... erk...

Tyrion
08-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Hot syrup and butter on naked skin in a sauna... erk...

You let your fantasies do the talking again, didn't you?

Boba Rhett
08-29-2007, 03:36 AM
Don't sweat it, Bongo. Half of the people in every class I've ever been in go without their textbooks for the first couple weeks. Most just photocopy the pages they need from a buddies or find they don't really need the book for the first couple sessions anyways.

BongoBob
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm gonna get them off half.com. It's still just a pain in the ass because we were supposed to read a part of it before tomorrow : \

Boba Rhett
08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
And other classes you'll take you'll need the book but you'll hardly use them-.

Hey, there are real classes that use their books a lot, ya know. I would have died in circuit analysis without my book. *hugs book* :xp:

BongoBob
08-30-2007, 04:07 PM
YOU'VE GOT TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME.

I come in today to get the book for my music appreciation class, and guess what? You know those books that no-one had, that they weren't going to get any more of for a while? Yeah, whole f***ing stacks of em. For the same price as what I got em for online. GOD. F***ING. DAMNIT.

I'm so f***ing pissed right now, I just want to find the bitch that told me they weren't getting any more for a while and punch her right square in the ovaries :mad:

ET Warrior
08-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Speaking of school-related problems...

On Tuesday I had my first lecture for my Software Engineering of Standalone Programs class. Class is great, seems like it'll be really interesting and informative. Class is about to end and my professor says "So, now comes the interesting part. I'm moving to Virginia at the end of the week, and class will not only be available online."

Bull****. She's moving to Virginia because her husband is going to school there, so she's known for months, and she couldn't warn us ahead of time so I could NOT take the class and NOT buy the books for it?

Jeff
08-30-2007, 10:35 PM
You're right ET, that is bull****.

Boba Rhett
08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Immediately ask for a refund on the class before it's too late.

P.S. A book for music appreciation class? Talk about a book you really won't need.

BongoBob
08-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Need it cause that's what all the worksheets are in. Whatever, it's all good.

And ET, I can't say I would be able to restrain from punching her in the ovaries.

Tyrion
08-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Need it cause that's what all the worksheets are in. Whatever, it's all good.

What do you learn in music appreciation, exactly?

BongoBob
08-31-2007, 02:06 AM
It's basically a music history class. Only took it cause I needed 3 art credits.

Boba Rhett
08-31-2007, 02:11 AM
In every major there's a lot of BS classes. Ty. It's basically a filler class for when the school feels they need to milk more money from you before they give you a signed piece of paper and tell you to screw off.

Det. Bart Lasiter
08-31-2007, 03:22 AM
I was playing through Bioshock again to get the yay you saved everyone ending and now I can't pick up the second dose of Lot 192 for some reason so I can't finish the game.

Anyone have a way to enable the Bioshock debug console, or maybe a description of the Bioshock save format?

Tyrion
08-31-2007, 03:50 AM
In every major there's a lot of BS classes. Ty. It's basically a filler class for when the school feels they need to milk more money from you before they give you a signed piece of paper and tell you to screw off.

I had made about two separate posts condemning Bongo because I had thought music appreciation was a filler class, but I deleted them as I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought he wasn't lazy enough to take such a class.

Oh, how so very wrong was I.

ET Warrior
08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Immediately ask for a refund on the class before it's too late.I dropped the class and signed up for a different one, so it's not really a problem, it's just annoying that I bought the books, and now have to take a different course, adjust my work schedule, and get a new book for the new course.

BAH.

BongoBob
08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
I had made about two separate posts condemning Bongo because I had thought music appreciation was a filler class, but I deleted them as I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought he wasn't lazy enough to take such a class.

Oh, how so very wrong was I.

Everyone has to take filler classes. I wanted to take another serious class like math for instance, but they didn't have any openings for math, so I decided to get the filler out of the way.

Alexander the Great
08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
You know what I hate? When- Well, this video says it better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zIzciYwGHM