PDA

View Full Version : TSLRP II: The Un-Restored Content

Darth Balor
08-09-2007, 08:24 AM
The Sith Lords is a really great game with lots of options and and great storyline. But the story line has been wounded, and major plot points left unmade. And there are still plenty of cool awesome things that TG is leaving out. Like Atris becoming darth traya, the ravager destrying telos, and other cool things.

First of all I want to officially say as Team Leader of K2RP "Team-Exile" that we ARE officially announcing our mod which is a patch for the TG patch. Also I want to give you all an idea of what this modification will entail. I have seperated the mod into 3 parts that will be "completed", tested and set for release in their number order.

Part 1: All of the small non-plot changing things restored.
Part 2: Korriban, M4-78, and the ebon hawk scens.
Part 3: Telos, The Ravager, & Malachor V.

Now the major accomplishments in the project are going to be M4-78 and the Redemption of Kreia on dantoine along with the Fall of Atris because the voice files for the last two are not present in the game. Here are the team members that will be making it possible to get the content we need and who are helping to modify it...

∑ Website Designer ∑
-----Ayrian-----

∑ Area Designers ∑
---Darth Balor---
--Ulic and Cay--
--Swfan28--
*Positions are currently availible*

∑ Programmers ∑

∑ Reskinners ∑
--Pegasus--
--Torthane--

∑ Modelers ∑

∑ Scripters ∑
--swfan28--
-Darth Balor-

∑ Dialog Editors ∑
--Mindtwistah--
--Darth Balor--
--Darth Balatro--
---GrayMusic---
*Positions are currently UNavailible*

∑ Advisors∑
-Ayrian-
-jonathan7-

∑ Beta Minions ∑
--Malpense--

∑ Voice Actors ∑
----Siralos-----

∑ Lipsync Editors ∑

∑ Music Mixers ∑
----Weave----

We would love to have you sign on and help us with this undertaking. With you help we can finish it within a reasonable amount of time. Without it we will still be working on the mod in 20 years.So if you are interested just give me a PM and I will evaluate you and get you setup with everything you need to start work on this mod.

*IMPORTANT*: Please DO NOT ask when we will be finished with this mod as it puts way too much pressure on the team and myself. So like Team-Gizka said with their restoration mod “It will be done when it is done”.

Also we are in need of more scripters & programmers desperatly.

We have a website you can visit.
http//:team-exile.us

Downloads:

Have a Look-sie (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Atris;82943)
Public Beta 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=181459)

Master Zionosis
08-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmm, now you'll forgive me for being the voice of doom and gloom here, but... To me this just sounds like Team Bantha all over again, the problem with M4-78 is that there is basically, no story, we don't really know anything about the planet nor what was supposed to happen there.

As for the rest, TSLRP is already restoring what your saying.

I didn't want to be the bad guy :(

Maybe if you detailed more why your creating another TSLRP :/

Darth Balor
08-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Well actually we are restoring stuff they ARE NOT. they have a list of what is being restored on thier forums. We looked at it and are restoring things they are not. As for M4-78 we have a story, we already have it basicly integrated into the plot.

jonathan7
08-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Well actually we are restoring stuff they ARE NOT. they have a list of what is being restored on thier forums. We looked at it and are restoring things they are not. As for M4-78 we have a story, we already have it basicly integrated into the plot.

Whats the story? I can help with suggestions and things like that, but I don't really have the time to be able to learn how to do the more complicated areas of modding needed for this mod. :)

Darth Balor
08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Well basicly there are three factions on M4-78 the govermental faction lead by M4-78 and a group claiming the goverment is corrupt. the third wants to try to come to a compromise between them. You have to decide which gruop will help you best and help them. More will be revealed to team members.

jonathan7
08-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Well basicly there are three factions on M4-78 the govermental faction lead by M4-78 and a group claiming the goverment is corrupt. the third wants to try to come to a compromise between them. You have to decide which gruop will help you best and help them. More will be revealed to team members.

Are they different factions droids? The original concept Obsidian had was that all sentient life had been wiped out after the Sith had visited the planet and reprogrammed the droids so they were loyal to the sith. Sentient life was wiped out by gas. It was also where the player was meant to run into Vash and perhaps her Padawan Kaah. Any plans to restore them? Perhaps all the party could think the player is dead so that the now infamous Sion vs Nihilus video could be played... with darkwarrior (the creators) permission I have uploaded it to filefront and it should be up on kotorfiles any day now :-)

Pavlos
08-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Are they different factions droids? The original concept Obsidian had was that all sentient life had been wiped out after the Sith had visited the planet and reprogrammed the droids so they were loyal to the sith.

Can I quote myself?

In the case of M4-78, it does not matter what the developers wanted the planet to be like (there's not enough of it to restore properly, anyway). So long as it fits the mood of the game (it doesn't have to... you could texture Citadel Station lurid pink and fill it with pixies if you liked - no idea why you would want to but some people are fond of these ideas) make what you and your team-mates want to make because that's the only way anything of quality will come out. If you try to think like Kevin Saunders (I think he was the lead for M4-78, don't kill me if I'm wrong) then it will inevitably fail because guess what? You're not Kevin Saunders.

Just some advice.

jonathan7
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Can I quote myself? No ;)

Originally Posted by Pavlos
In the case of M4-78, it does not matter what the developers wanted the planet to be like (there's not enough of it to restore properly, anyway). So long as it fits the mood of the game (it doesn't have to... you could texture Citadel Station lurid pink and fill it with pixies if you liked - no idea why you would want to but some people are fond of these ideas) make what you and your team-mates want to make because that's the only way anything of quality will come out. If you try to think like Kevin Saunders (I think he was the lead for M4-78, don't kill me if I'm wrong) then it will inevitably fail because guess what? You're not Kevin Saunders.

Just some advice.

Good points :) I'll shut up now... althought I would like to see Vash, Kaah and the Sion vs Nihilus confrontation!

Darth Balor
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
You will se vash, Kaah and the Sion and Nihilus confrontation is a Vital part of the mod. Because if you are following the path that will get kreia redeemed, sion has to die because he would never obey atris.

Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 03:15 PM
You will se vash, Kaah and the Sion and Nihilus confrontation is a Vital part of the mod. Because if you are following the path that will get kreia redeemed, sion has to die because he would never obey atris.Great, along with the TSLRP TSL is def going to be a much better game! A Suggestion Balor, you could use the "finished" modules that MZ produced for M4-78 so that you won't have to clean up the mess Obsidian had left it in, it will save you quite a bit of work and will provide the blank canvas for your team to implement your work into. It's located here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180817) (if haven't found them already). Hope it goes well for ya, and i hope you're well organised as this was a main cause for the demise of Team Bantha (and quite a shame it was). Good luck on the project! :thumbsup:

Master Zionosis
08-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Great, along with the TSLRP TSL is def going to be a much better game! A Suggestion Balor, you could use the "finished" modules that MZ produced for M4-78 so that you won't have to clean up the mess Obsidian had left it in, it will save you quite a bit of work and will provide the blank canvas for your team to implement your work into. It's located here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180817) (if haven't found them already). Hope it goes well for ya, and i hope you're well organised as this was a main cause for the demise of Team Bantha (and quite a shame it was). Good luck on the project! :thumbsup:

Lol, I actually forgot about those, yeah just a little credit to DSTONEY642000 and me goes a long way :)

Alexander the Great
08-09-2007, 05:53 PM
I could jump in as a skinner of dialog editor, whatever you need more (probably skinner).

Darth Balor
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
ok GrayMusic I put you on as Dialoge Editor.

Mindtwistah
08-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Umm... Balor, just a notice. Maybe you should link to the website in the first post? So they can see what to be restored and what won't.

Darth Balor
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I sent a pm to the team members. Also until we actually have it fully setup I don't want any one else on it.

Sith Holocron
08-12-2007, 05:46 AM
I would hope that a dialog editor would spell a little better. LOL

Alexander the Great
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh, I forgot to visit the forums (I signed up, but didn't post anything). I'm going to go there now.

By the way Holocron, don't worry. I always spell c0rr3c7ly nd u53 g00d gr4mm4r.

And I make the dialog realistic and stuff.

Darth Balor
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok, I'll use proper grammer and spelling on the forums.

Darth Balor
08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Hello Halowan Labs,

As some of you know Team Exile is restoring what is left of M4-78, the Atris as Traya content and stuff Team Gizka is not. We have made progress(almost done with our first build) and we are almost ready to star modifying Korriban and working on M4-78. To do so we need more scripters, so as not to overwork swfan28. If you would be intrested in helping team exile post here with links to a project you would like to use as an evaluation. We appreciate any help you can give us.

Merged redundant thread, sorry Balor but please keep all these kinds of requests to your main WIP thread. Thanks. -RH

Sith Holocron
08-14-2007, 01:26 PM
How can you create a TSLRP II if the original mod is not yet complete?

Darth Balor
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Because we can't release this till TSLRP is finished. As some implemented content like Atris as Traya we need the stuff from TSLRP to implement correctly.

Darren_Trent_42
08-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Have you considered that the reason Team Gizka isn't restoring this content is because it can't be restored for technical or plot conflicting reasons? You're telling us that you're going to restore all this content that can be implemented with Team Gizka's anxiously awaited patch, but if you don't have that patch in your hands how can you even be sure that it can be implemented?

As for the M4-78, are you planning on starting everything, including the modules, for scratch? I don't think it's as easy as you make it sound. This story that you're feeding us, is it what Obsidian originally had planed or something that you made up? If it's the latter I, for one, am not interested. I want Obsidian Kotor 2, NOT Team Exile Kotor 2. While the n00bs might rejoice, I would stay away from any fan created plots.

Finally. what qualifications do you have for telling us that you can do all this? What other mods have you made so that we can get an idea of your quality of work. I agree with what someone here previously said, "This sounds like another Team Bantha".

Do NOT ever edit out a moderator note again. Now stop trying to be "cute" and bypass my warning. The edit stays as-is. - Cz
Fine. And "cute" was the impression I was going for. j/k Mod, I luv u! -DT

Darth Balor
08-15-2007, 03:50 PM
We are using the Obsidian M4-78 story.
We have the orginal m4-78 modules.
We have also carefully configured this so that it won't conflict with TSLRP.
Go download the beta in the upper city emporium.
Somethings we are restoring aren't being restored by team gizka because they thought it was to insignificent to implement. Also we have carefully configured this to be completly compatible with tSLRP and their restored storyline.

Also who are you to just walt in here and make these statements as your first post?
Might you check our forums for progress?

Darren_Trent_42
08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Also who are you to just walt in here and make these statements as your first post?
Might you check our forums for progress?

Who am I? Just a fan of the series who cares about the game. Still, I've heard these claims before. We'll see how far you get.

Darth Balor
08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
The only fan contrived thing will be editing korriban to lead you to M4-78.

Darren_Trent_42
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Can we get a link to your beta and/or the upper city emporium?

ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Can we get a link to your beta and/or the upper city emporium?

Here ya go ;)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=181459

Darren_Trent_42
08-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Okay, I'm reading your Read Me and I have a few questions.
-Dose the game even have the dialog files for the cut content? Dustil in particular? I can imagine, even though he is insane, he has something to say.
-By replacing Fassa with Quello, what will you do about the side quests that involve Fassa dialog? The thought of Quello with two distinctly different voices makes me cringe. Unless there are sound files of Quellos with the dialog that Fassa now speaks.
-This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?
-I don't think you can leave the Mandalorians alone. You need their ship to reach Iziz, so you can either join them and use their ship or kill them and take their ship. The idea of sneaking away with their ship makes no sense because they might have some AA guns... I dunno.

The whole council scene where they discuss Revan and Malachor sounds cool, as well the extended climax in the Jedi Enclave. The rest I don't care too much about.

Oh! Any news of Kotor III yet? I really feel Kotor can be the Star Wars Final Fantasy... OMG! Someone somewhere just died a little. I'm a fan of both series so meh.

Malpense
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Well, there have been several voices of sceptisim so far... I for one am not going to be amoung them. Discouragment isn't going to help people. I am quite looking forward to this mod, it looks spectacular. It shall certainly be right alongside TSLRP once both are released.

Darth Balor
08-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay, I'm reading your Read Me and I have a few questions.
-Dose the game even have the dialog files for the cut content? Dustil in particular? I can imagine, even though he is insane, he has something to say.
-By replacing Fassa with Quello, what will you do about the side quests that involve Fassa dialog? The thought of Quello with two distinctly different voices makes me cringe. Unless there are sound files of Quellos with the dialog that Fassa now speaks.
-This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?
-I don't think you can leave the Mandalorians alone. You need their ship to reach Iziz, so you can either join them and use their ship or kill them and take their ship. The idea of sneaking away with their ship makes no sense because they might have some AA guns... I dunno.

Dose the game even have the dialog files for the cut content? Dustil in particular? I can imagine, even though he is insane, he has something to say.

For most of the content, but for dustil we did have to record voices. But they sound just like a crazy older dustil.

By replacing Fassa with Quello, what will you do about the side quests that involve Fassa dialog? The thought of Quello with two distinctly different voices makes me cringe. Unless there are sound files of Quellos with the dialog that Fassa now speaks.

All the voices and dialoge for the orginal fassa are in the game folders.

This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make? If I recall correctly if you kill the masters you skip the carth convo anyway.

I don't think you can leave the Mandalorians alone. You need their ship to reach Iziz, so you can either join them and use their ship or kill them and take their ship. The idea of sneaking away with their ship makes no sense because they might have some AA guns... I dunno.

All this does is make it so you don't have to go to canderous immediatly. You still have to go with them.

There I hope that clears that up for you.

Darren_Trent_42
08-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, there have been several voices of sceptisim so far... I for one am not going to be amoung them. Discouragment isn't going to help people. I am quite looking forward to this mod, it looks spectacular. It shall certainly be right alongside TSLRP once both are released.

Well, good of you to do so. I'm not trying to get people down. These are the questions I had about the patch to the patch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Darren_Trent_42
08-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Is there anyway we can get a sample of the Dustil? If only just one sound clip? Curiosity, you know.

Darth Balor
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
you can download the dustil mod above.

Darren_Trent_42
08-18-2007, 06:22 PM
you can download the dustil mod above.

Sweet!

Darth Balor
08-18-2007, 08:58 PM
but unfortunatly I'm having trouble getting it to play the dialoge everytime.

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-20-2007, 09:24 PM
I for one am hoping you have success where Team Bantha did not. So this mod will sort of be a stand alone add-on to the TSLRP? Good luck.

Darth Balor
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Sort-of The final version will NOT install without TSLRP installed on the system.

damian622
08-22-2007, 03:19 PM
This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?

Oh, come on. What if Revan decided to be Dark Lord again in KotOR 1? He was made by LA to don't become. What if we make Exile don't meet Carth? LA will made them meet. Can't see problem.

Darren_Trent_42
08-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh, come on. What if Revan decided to be Dark Lord again in KotOR 1? He was made by LA to don't become. What if we make Exile don't meet Carth? LA will made them meet. Can't see problem.

Touche to the first sentence... the rest is confusing. Grammar, plz.

damian622
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
I'll try to explain in other way (never was good with grammar, sorry). Question was "What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?".

Answer is something like: LA makes canon, so they will decide if we meet Carth or we don't, just like they decided that their heroes are staying on light side.

If I recall nobody complained against mods to KotORs because they give options that original weren't able (like killing Carth, recruting some NPCs, giving weapons from Future) - Darren_Trent_42 would be first anti-modding voice.

Darren_Trent_42
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I'll try to explain in other way (never was good with grammar, sorry). Question was "What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?".

Answer is something like: LA makes canon, so they will decide if we meet Carth or we don't, just like they decided that their heroes are staying on light side.

If I recall nobody complained against mods to KotORs because they give options that original weren't able (like killing Carth, recruting some NPCs, giving weapons from Future) - Darren_Trent_42 would be first anti-modding voice.

I'm not complaining against the modding aspect of it. I was just asking as to what would be considered cannon. Frankly, I'm a little hurt (not burned tho) that I would be called an "anti-modding voice". For the most part, I enjoy tinkering with my games... kinda have nothing else to do here in the middle of nowhere. So in conclusion I only wondered about the cannon. El fin. ("The End" in Spanish... thank you Taco Bell)

Miltiades
08-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Since the content that this team is restoring was cut from the game, nothing of it is really canon, the same way the content Team Gizka and Team Jawa are restoring isn't canon, too.

Of course, I assume these teams all try to make the content they're restoring fit in the main story, and don't ruin the flow of the game. But they shouldn't let their restored content be influenced by future sequels.

Darth Balor
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
well said.

damian622
08-24-2007, 02:29 AM
(...) I'm a little hurt (not burned tho) that I would be called an "anti-modding voice". For the most part, I enjoy tinkering with my games... kinda have nothing else to do here in the middle of nowhere. So in conclusion I only wondered about the cannon. )
You should don't care about canon, since decision isn't ours - it's LA.

And for "anti-modding voice" - maybe I used little too big words, but some part of me understand your words as "this mod is bad, since it makes not-canon addons". Maybe I should use :) on end, but it might make whole part not serious.
I also like to play with Kotor Tools (but only for "my use only") - I made Atton a black guy, and made all guys some nice portraits using some cosmos wallpapers.

Darth Balor
08-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Beta 2 uploaded

Darth Balor
09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Everyone there should be a little treat available on kotor2files soon.

Shem
09-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Everyone there should be a little treat available on kotor2files soon.There's a bug in your mod you sent. It's explained what you need to do to show you that bug in the email I sent you.

Darth Balor
09-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I sent it again, this time I added the traya utc's to the modules .rim, fixed traya looking like "traya".

Darth Balor
09-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok everyone, lookie here.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Atris;82943

Ulic and Cay
09-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I need a woman to voice one of the NPCs in a quest we're restoring. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Darth Balor
10-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Update:

Well we have a big update here.

Party Members:

Hanharr is now able to be trained as a Dark/Jedi. He will become a Sith Marauder, though he won't recieve that healing power.

When Brianna is joining Atton remarks about how she is the threat, and her help isn't needed.

Telos

LT. Yima asks for your help in dealing with a corrupt TSF officer.

When Brianna is confronting Atris, Atris has some additional dialog.

Ravager

After leaving for Telos to meet Atris, Sion approachs Nihilus and tells him you'r dead, then get's a whooping and leaves injured.

Dantoine

When Vrook reaches 1hp you can choose to kill him, or let Azkul take him to Nar.

Onderon

Vaklu will enter the Queens chambers alongside you, only to be attacked by Kaver.

Malachor V

Hanharr approaches you during the planets explosion and tells you that it is time to end his debt to you, and throws you onto the ship and stays there to die.

Korriban

When reaching the detention room, instead of finding Vash you find dead sith and a security holo-feed of Vash and Kaah escaping the academy. Journal entries explain what to do next.

NOTE: -The game will still register having found vash there though, till we finish M4-78-

All this will be included in a upcoming patch, along with fixes.

Shadow51689
10-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Just a question, was Hanharr originally supposed to be trainable as a Jedi? And I assume you mean Dark Guardian yes? (Why make Hanharr a special prestige?)

Currently in a DS game with the current public version, so I expect to eventually pick up Hanharr...

Ferc Kast
10-06-2007, 03:03 PM
A Sith Marauder? I thought that someone was supposed to make him into a normal Jedi class, not a prestige class. :yoda3

Rev7
10-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Interesting stuff...

Hive
10-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Just a question, was Hanharr originally supposed to be trainable as a Jedi? And I assume you mean Dark Guardian yes? (Why make Hanharr a special prestige?)

Currently in a DS game with the current public version, so I expect to eventually pick up Hanharr...

Originally, Obsidian wanted Hanrarr to be trainable as a Dark Jedi. However, George Lucas had decreed that there are to be no more Wookie Jedis, so they weren't allowed to do that.

swfan28
10-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Darth Balatro wrote:
A Sith Marauder? I thought that someone was supposed to make him into a normal Jedi class, not a prestige class.Yeah. I think he should be a guardian. It really makes no sense for him to get a prestige class right away at initial training and he already has Wookiee Rage which is essentially same as the Force power fury.

Darth Balor
10-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, it would only be in name. Technically he would be a guardian.

Shadow51689
10-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Is it because his Wookiee Rage ability may have problems with friendly force powers?

Speaking of Hanharr, (and I don't think this is a vanilla TSL problem), when using TURC, after Hanharr permanently joins your party if you're DS, he is dumbed down back to a level 4 Scout, losing all the leveling up and items you give him when he's a temporary character in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

Sucks for me, as he took off with a rare level 3 implant, a Trandoshan blade, and some heavily upgraded blasters. Would have posted in your bug reporting section on your forums, but haven't yet registered.

Darth Balor
10-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Try that out with out K2RP installed, and see if we caused it.

swfan28
10-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm quite sure we caused it. There was the same problem with T3 when I first tested the scene. I didn't check if this happens with Hanharr though as I was playing LS at the time and Mira retained her equipment and level-ups. For some reason our beta testers missed this bug when they tested the DS version...

The good thing is that I know how to fix it as I already did that with T3. I'll include the fix in the set of updates I'm currently working on.

Darth Balor
10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Ok.

Jediphile
10-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Is Team Exile going to restore the unaccessible areas of Citadel Station above Telos that are mentioned here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183109 ?

swfan28
10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Jediphile wrote:
Is Team Exile going to restore the unaccessible areas of Citadel Station above Telos that are mentioned here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183109 ?It is not currently on our restoration list but I've been thinking about this too. I believe those areas were supposed to be used on the side quest during the Sith attack where you'll have to stop the Sith from sabotaging the stations fuel systems instead of the TSF station.

What do you guys know about this area. Is the walkmesh there bug free and will Team Gizka use it in any way? Perhaps we should restore it unless TG are already doing it.

Robespierre
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM
There are a couple of unused areas, but this one in particular I really don't think is worth the trouble. From the look of it, its just a small walkway with a random Citadel Station officer standing there. And, as someone on Team Gizka's forums said, this could well be used in a cutscene, and changing the area would screw up the cutscene.

However, this officer could have a dialog that leads into a quest. But I wonder what the original quest was...

jonathan7
12-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to update people after the troubles we (Team Exile) had with KotOR Files; we are thanks to Shem, ED and Inyri's graciousness now allowed back on the site :)

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/news/Team_Exile_is_Welcomed_Back_to_FileFront;36668

Hope you are all well and enjoying the festive season!

Sith Holocron
12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Just wanted to update people after the troubles we (Team Exile) had with KotOR Files; we are thanks to Shem, ED and Inyri's graciousness now allowed back on the site :)

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/news/Team_Exile_is_Welcomed_Back_to_FileFront;36668

Hope you are all well and enjoying the festive season!

That's a nice - if belated - Christmas present! I'm glad all parties involved have worked out their differences and we can back to the task at hand: modding we can all enjoy. (I've already posted in the thread jonathan7 provided.)

Sith Holocron
01-14-2008, 05:23 PM
In the K2RP, it will be possible to see Atris instead of Kreia at the Trayus core. There are polls - available at three different sites - so you can choose the appearance of Atris (as Darth Traya.)

a) Traditional Atris:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Atristrial.jpg

b) Atris in dark robes: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/82943/1

Sites where polls are taking place:

TEAM GIZKA'S SITE: http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2993

TEAM EXILE: http://www.99emotions.com/valor/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=99

KOTOR MOVIE FORUMS:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Movies/index.php?showtopic=345

May the best model win!

Quanon
01-27-2008, 12:29 PM
A few months ago the team asked me to do new skybox for the droid planet.

A bit late, but here's a first glimpse for the public of how it will (likely) look like.

This version is close to completion, though it can still change a little.

Plus it'll have an animation, nothing to special => flashing lights on the atmosphere processor.

So here's picture of the thing :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/HighResoFullSkyForLF.jpg

Sorry this came so late!

~Q

shatterpoint14
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
thats really cool, can't wait!

Eefluxx
01-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Quanon, that is really sweet looking. And don't worry about it being late, with the quality you put in your work it's worth the wait

Ctrl Alt Del
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Quanon, that is really sweet looking. And don't worry about it being late, with the quality you put in your work it's worth the wait
QFT.

Darth Balor
01-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Sweet, man. I'll add it to the screenshot section of the site.

Miltiades
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Looks really nice. Great work!

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 12:11 PM
So with the Team being banned again from KOTORFiles I guess the mod's dead and what was already done will no longer be released? No future downloads?

Exile007
02-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Sucks that there may not be anymore downloads. :(

Darth_Eradycus
02-02-2008, 01:02 PM
what'd they get banned for?

Zerimar Nyliram
02-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Well, can't they just use a different site?

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 02:26 PM
what'd they get banned for?

The members of the team on kotorfiles weren't banned. Only Darth Balor and his ability to post mods on that site. And Zerimar Nyliram I don't know of any mega kotor series download sites out there besides kotorfiles. They're a monopoly. I was the one who sent pms to all that I could on Darth Balor's e-mails between him and the staff the first time he got in trouble. Basically DB was saying someone below him gave him something that was stolen it turns out. And also the person he got the permission to use an item from said he could.

This all seemed to start when Emporer Devon had his M4-78 mod and Team Exile had theirs. Competiton in a way. One has differences from the other, but really one wants to do better than the other. Call me crazy for jumping on the conspiracy train, but when you think of it the kotorfiles staff could do what they want to back their staff member ED and his version and screw over their competitor Team Exile. Just my opinion. Not saying it's true just it makes you think.

I mean yeah we all want recognition for our work. But if it means you can't allow anyone to expand on it whether they had permission or not is so selfish and lame. None of your really own the rights to anything. Only lucasarts does. I mean the real motivation to makng something is the accopmplishment and knowing you made your mark. I mean we're all gamers trying to better the expereince. You did something better ok. Whatever just so long as we all can enjoy the new stuff people make.

Anyway I don't know. All of this is so childish anyway. Wah I want recognition I own this and own that. No one legally owns a mod. Besides modding copy written material is illegial, but allowed for sales and enriching a game community.

Miltiades
02-02-2008, 02:57 PM
TThis all seemed to start when Emporer Devon had his M4-78 mod and Team Exile had theirs. Competiton in a way. One has differences from the other, but really one wants to do better than the other. Call me crazy for jumping on the conspiracy train, but when you think of it the kotorfiles staff could do what they want to back their staff member ED and his version and screw over their competitor Team Exile. Just my opinion. Not saying it's true just it makes you think.

One problem there. Team Exile didn't exist when Team Bantha started and Team Bantha didn't exist anymore when Team Exile started. So there was/is no competition.

Stream
02-02-2008, 03:25 PM
This all seemed to start when Emporer Devon had his M4-78 mod and Team Exile had theirs. Competiton in a way. One has differences from the other, but really one wants to do better than the other. Call me crazy for jumping on the conspiracy train, but when you think of it the kotorfiles staff could do what they want to back their staff member ED and his version and screw over their competitor Team Exile. Just my opinion. Not saying it's true just it makes you think.
Well there's a few things about that M4-78 is being made by DSTONEY642000 who has broken away from Team Exile and in his thread here stating he's gone solo, Shem has wished him luck not only this KoTOR Files isn't like that in general, the team over there help modders out the best they can, I mean with my Lightsaber Choices mod Shem added the link to it on KoTOR Files in my thread in T.U.C.E which he didn't have to do, you can't get more helpful than that, so anyway the point I'm trying to make is there's nothing to think about at all really, KoTOR Files aren't a dodgy bunch at all.

mean yeah we all want recognition for our work. But if it means you can't allow anyone to expand on it whether they had permission or not is so selfish and lame.
You're entitled to your opinion but how can it be selfish and lame to want your own work, which you've probably spent a lot of time on, not to be altered by others?

--Stream

Emperor Devon
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
This all seemed to start when Emporer Devon had his M4-78 mod and Team Exile had theirs. Competiton in a way. One has differences from the other, but really one wants to do better than the other.

Competition would imply both teams are in a state to compete. The M4-78 restoration team I was on disbanded... what, over a year before this came up? As I've not attempted (nor wanted) to revive the project since, I'm not sure why you think there's any competition between us.

Not saying it's true just it makes you think.

If you're going to imply I'm petty enough to sabotage modding projects for the sake of my own ego, at least don't dance around the fact that you have.

I mean yeah we all want recognition for our work. But if it means you can't allow anyone to expand on it whether they had permission or not is so selfish and lame.

Hmmm, not surprising to hear something like that from someone who's not released any mods. I suppose there's no reason to bother responding to the rest of your post then.

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Well it is your mod. Though your not with the team that made yours. So a new team comes along that wants to also do the droid planet. Would it be ok if they bettered it or outdid it?

And I'm not saying DB didn't error nor am I dismissing your contribution to community. I and them do thank you for it.

That shows your ego by saying just because I'm not a modder you won't bother to respond. I found the way you said it flippant too. Actually I know how it is to create stuff like that. I use to write for zelda gaming sites back in the late 1990s for different sites such as Nincube. Walk throughs and such. Hey if someone had a better way of writing stuff cool. I was just trying to help the gamer out. So no I don't care much about recognition. It's fine if they liked the work. Doesn't bother me if they don't. It doesn't effect me.

I mean even money in life as long as I'm comfortable I don't need more. I don't get those people who need boats and houses and stuff. Not necessary. I'm content and thankful for what I have.

The reason why I danced around what I was saying was because I honestly wrestle with ideas I might have. We should always be questioning ourselves is this right or not. I am young and I know I don't know as much as others older than 23. But we can talk and if I'm wrong that's cool I'm wrong. Also I danced around what I said because I didn't want to get in trouble either. Just wanted to share thoughts. And I couldn't think of a more tactful way of saying it without it being somewhat rude. Not my intention.

I mean it's all for the the enjoyment of all of us gamers to enhance the experience for us all. And when I wrote those walk throughs it helped me to. I helped me to look at the game from different angles. It motivated me to find all the secrets and really work on finding easier ways for the gamer to find what I found. So by doing so it ehlped me and helped them.

Making these mods should also bring enjoyment and hope fully you learned something. Plus you aided in some way. That's also your mark. And these things are really more valuable than just recognition.

But to be more on topic let me say that sadly Team Exile has said they cannot do this like they use to being that DB is no longer going to work for them on this. So basically their mod will either have to be continued by another who steps up and will ask their permission.

And if time passes and someone wants to continue to mod and they cannot find the team due to the team moving on or that sort of thing. You can at that point always give the team credit and post the mod. A modder friend of mine chris, told me this.

Stream
02-02-2008, 05:30 PM
That shows your ego by saying just because I'm not a modder you won't bother to respond. I found the way you said it flippant too. Actually I know how it is to create stuff like that. I use to write for zelda gaming sites back in the late 1990s for different sites such as Nincube. Walk throughs and such. Hey if someone had a better way of writing stuff cool. I was just trying to help the gamer out. So no I don't care much about recognition. It's fine if they liked the work. Doesn't bother me if they don't. It doesn't effect me.
We're not talking about anyone's work being better than someone else's, you originally said that not allowing people to expand on your work is selfish and lame and that's what Emperor Devon was talking about. I think what ED meant was if you'd released a mod yourself you'd understand that you may not want other people to alter your work - would you honestly like it if someone came along, took one of your walk-throughs that took you hours to write , edit one paragraph and then put their name on it as if they wrote the whole thing? If you're honest I'm sure you'd be a little but pi***d off and that's all the KoTOR Files team have done, they've stopped someone from ripping off other people.

--Stream

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
It's different. First, making those walk through writings are original in that you used those words. But this is restoring content already created by Lucs Arts. ED restored already made content except he put other items in it. Team Exile is restoring it to the way Obsiden intended M4-78 to be.

It's still competition whether EDs still with the party or not. He's in a position of power at a site. He can choose to have the alternative succeed at their version or not allow them to succeed for the reason of one guy's error. ED has the means and the motive to do so if he so desired.

Team Exile wants to make a more appealing version than theirs. Maybe you want EDs version for the flavor he added to it. Or maybe you simply want a version that portrays how Obsiden wanted it.

Gargoyle King
02-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Team Exile wants to make a more appealing version than theirs. Maybe you want EDs version for the flavor he added to it. Or maybe you simply want a version that portrays how Obsiden wanted it.Your seem to be relating to some form of competition between Emperor Devon and Team Exile yet again, there NEVER was; get over yourself. For the record, M4-78 (i assume it is this you are referring to) is now DSTONEY's solo mod and not part of Team-Exile so M4-78 is now irrelevant with the K2RP. You could of course make you're own version of M4-78, good luck with that.

Oh, and another point, of course any M4-78 mod would be more "appealing", as the TB effort was NEVER released! ED's attitudes towards DB was purely because of plagiarism, not over some warped sense of "competition" of which you try to relate. Team Bantha disbanded a while ago now, well before Team Exile came along as i'm sure ED has already tried to explain to you.

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Simply pointing out he has the means and motive to do so. DSToney who's that. And "get over yourself" comment. Nice attitude. Let's just drop it. We both think we're right and writings I can actually get a patent and copywrite for my work. Can't do that with a mod on a copy written game. ED come to Mech assault 2 sometime I sure would love to own you.:)

But anyway DB has asked me to let this thread die. He says they're going to preserve the mod and maybe some day work can continue.

Gargoyle King
02-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Well there you go, people have been trying to explain what I have just said to you, and you just can't accept it. Don't start trying to prove people like ED wrong if they have the facts to back up their points and then go hate what they say in return, ED was trying to show you how Team Bantha and Team Exile regarding M4-78 have nothing in common (along with your idea of "competition") and you try to throw it into a pointless argument. I'm sorry if my attitude came across as harsh RA Jeff, it's not directed to you personally i just hate pointless discussions about what is such a small thing. To back your point up, your own work is your own but regardless of this, i think it is safe to say that any M4-78 mod is better than nothing, regardless of original intent etc.

Good luck with the future of the project, that's all i'm gonna say on this matter.

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 07:35 PM
And if someone makes a comment about you I wouldn't care to respond if it's untrue. Actions speak louder than words anyway. I simply looked at ED's actions. But anyway sometimes I wonder why I even bother these days sayng my opinion when people already think they know everything. All of it is so stupid. This whole situation prevents us from getting more out of a game.

My facts havn't been disproven. Especially how I pointed out how writting are different from mods. What the real reason should be for one making somethng for others. And finally like I said neither of us are going to convince the ohter since we already are unwilling to change our minds. So let's just leave it at that. Geeze these mod squables are so noobish.

Gargoyle King
02-02-2008, 07:52 PM
You're point ain't invalid. Personally, people can say what they like about me, doesn't bother me as they don't know me. ;)
As to the mod, i don't care who does it, or if it gets done at all. With regards to ED's actions, just what has he done to you?

Malpense
02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Can we delete this damn thread? It's just gonna get filled up with pointless argument over who said what, and assigning motives to people... which is just pointless.

Team Exile's dead. Let's all just accept that.

Gargoyle King
02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Team Exile's dead. Let's all just accept that.Oh i believe that, i accepted this a LONG time ago. Just thought i'd get my debating hat on for a change. :)

Robespierre
02-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh i believe that, i accepted this a LONG time ago. Just thought i'd get my debating hat on for a change.

Uh, lol? We disbanded about 3 days ago. Hell, we were even getting close to a complete pre-TSLRP release. Sad that it had to go. Maybe a while down the track someone will give it a zap with the defibrillator and see what happens.

SD Nihil
02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
You're point ain't invalid. Personally, people can say what they like about me, doesn't bother me as they don't know me. ;)
As to the mod, i don't care who does it, or if it gets done at all. With regards to ED's actions, just what has he done to you?

More like what he's done by his selfishness all over recognition he's doomed us to no longer seeing the content all because one guy who made an unintentinal mistake. And loony636 yeah like I said I hope someone in the future takes up the reigns in the future. And posts the mod where others with power abuse can't effect them. But yeah let's just delete the thread. Done dealing with ED's lackies.

Sure wish the team could at least release what they have done to this point. Maybe someone will take the reigns after that. One guy not the whole team errored.

Shem
02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
More like what he's done by his selfishness all over recognition he's doomed us to no longer seeing the content all because one guy who made an unintentinal mistake.@RA Jeff:

The only reason youíre mad is because your desire to have K2RP for yourself is all you care about. You donít care about anybody else but yourself.

You seriously have no clue to what is going on here. All youíre focused on is ďI donít get my modĒ part

Quit blaming Emperor Devon for this. ďIĒ and ďIĒ alone pulled the plug on Darth Balor. Blame me, not Devon.

Your ban on KotorFiles wasnít by me. It wasnít by Emperor Devon as stated in the ban message your received. It was by Inryi Forge for harassing Devon.

There is no competition between Team Bantha and Team Exile.

M4-78 will happen. Check this thread out:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185874

I fully support DSTONEY642000ís work because I believe it will be legit because Darth Balor hasnít nothing to do it with it. Doesnít sound like a competition anymore, does it?

If this was a competition with Team Bantha and Team Exile, then how come I allowed Team Exile back for a team being?

The reason why Team Exile got their plug pulled:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/news/Team_Exile_is_Not_Welcomed_at_FileFront_Again;3714 6

Is because of this:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185785

Balor will continue to commit plagiarism as far as Iím concerned because he has no respect for other modders.

This isnít just Darth Balor making one mistake. This is Darth Balor committing plagiarism after plagiarism. This shut down of Team Exile isn't about what happened with Team Exileís incident recently, this is the actions of one person which makes me nervous to allow Team Exileís mod to be hosted with us because I canít trust anything that Balor does anymore. The problem is Team Exile has stated their mod canít survive without Balor. This isnít a Team Exile issue, this is Darth Balor being on Team Exile is what the problem is.

Iíve linked a lot of things you need to read very carefully RAJeff. Itís time to get educated on the matter before you reply so you don't seem ignorant.

southern_fox
02-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Damn, that was pretty incriminating. The case looks closed, and rightfully so.

Watching all of this, I'm kind of amused at the clumsy notion that there is some sort of competition between Team Bantha and Team Exile. The two never existed at the same time. Team Bantha had its heyday about a year or two ago, and from what I understand it closed up shop without releasing any significant material. If they did release anything in playable form at all, its news to me. Then again, I never kept up much with mods for The Sith Lords.

Since then, none of its members have never showed the slightest movement for a revival. Its dead. A dead and unreleased project can hardly have partisans who want to keep it in the spotlight.

Its not rational or very kind to insist falsely that Emperor Devon has sinister motives here. Thats flatly petty. In fact, I think that KotorFiles was rather nice and restrained considering that, for all intents and purposes, it forgave Balor for plagiarism twice, and eventually allowed his project to continue with conditions. All out of sympathy for other members of the team and to save their work. That set of events alone goes to show right there that the there was no attempt to sabotage the project. If there was a conspiracy, then the project would have been dead with the first opportune bullet.

How many colleges or book publishing companies would forgive an author's plagiarism so many times? All things considered, KotorFiles has been pretty tame.

Its transparent that the shut-down is about Balor, and is sadly caused by someone who rips other people's work with no regard for not only the wrong he does, but also the risk he puts his team and their work in. There is nothing lame or selfish about taking action against stealing. If it means the shut-down of a larger project because of his intrinsic connection to it (even from first glance, it was pretty clear that Balor was Team Exile in many ways), its all the more sad.

He ended up being the alpha and omega of a very ambitious project. It may very well live on and prosper in its new hands.

Quanon
02-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Men, what a load of trash and flame-bait.

I'm just happy DSTONEY642000 continues his work and that its been seen as safe by Shem and the people at file-front.

Else my work at the SkyBox might have all been in vain and that would have sucked hard as I spended hours on that to get it like that.

RA Jeff I hope you start to see the light here, I felt almost the same like you, why can't modders be more open and more "sharing" like with their works?

Well I turned around after working long and hard on my Temple mod, because of all the work it has become something very personale really.

And I would hate ( bit of a strong word ) to see somebody else just mildly changing it and then releasing it as his own work.

Anyway seeing your replys at Kotorfiles , I get the same feeling like Shem.

"Leech" , your just out to get this mod no matter what must be done to get it.
Including "dirty" behaviour.

But this is all in the past now. So let it be burried with 10 tons of sand and be forgotten.

No need to start a fight about a dead thing.

Just my 2 cents, hope this didn't offend anyone to hard, if it did I'm sorry.
But these kind of events always call up more bitter feelings then 'sweet' ones.

RedHawke
02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Without further adieu... closed.