PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite sith from the prequel trilogy?

Obss Damell
08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
ill make my own list, going from coolest to least cool :D
1. Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku
2. Darth Vader/Anakin skywalker
3. Darth Maul
4. Darth Sidious/Palpatine
5. Grievous (ill count this as a sith)

Trex
08-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Darth Maul was underused,
He had the blades, he had the moves.

He gets my vote.

YertyL
08-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Vader all the way :p

Dooku & Palpy were kinda stylish too though

Obss Damell
08-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I voted dooku myself, because of his ubar fighting style. and its christopher lee, hes 85 man! and he still des the most of his swordplay himself.

Miltiades
08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I voted for Vader/Anakin. Though they're all very cool.

Obss Damell
08-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Though they're all very cool.

actually, you got a good point there :sithm:

Sephira
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Mine is darth vader of course

urluckyday
08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't call General Grevious a sith btw...but in any case...Vader destroys them all.

ChAiNz.2da
08-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Palpatine. He had class and was a crafty, conniving son-of-an-ole-coot :lightning

"Vader" (ugh..it pains me to call Hayden that) was whiny snot-nose punk in the prequels that needed to be slapped into place...
If it's going to be Vader, give me the bad-arse version in OT 4, 5 & 6. Now that's a Vader!

Sabretooth
08-17-2007, 02:06 PM
The first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title was "Maul". Seriously, that guy has the coolest moves and he embodies the phrase "Sith are cool." I really so badly want to see more of Maul! :(

Obss Damell
08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't call General Grevious a sith btw...but in any case...Vader destroys them all.

meh, i did just count him with the poll....besides, " Hwo is you favourite evil lightsaber wielding freak from the prequels?" just doesn't sound this cool.

urluckyday
08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
What are you talking bout...lol ;)

Obss Damell
08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
well, grievous is pretty cool so i thought lets just insert him. i think he might be counted as a minor dark jedi since he had jedi training from dooku, and had lightsabers :D

adamqd
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
^^^
and "unofficially" had Syfo Dias' (Jedi) blood...

GeneralPloKoon
08-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Grievous shouldn't be here but I vote for him anyways.

Obss Damell
08-18-2007, 04:02 AM
^^^
and "unofficially" had Syfo Dias' (Jedi) blood...

...Dooku provided blood from the frozen body of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas as a means of keeping Grievous's body alive during his transit to Geonosis...
true

and Syfo-Dyas' lightsaber , too

...He presented him with his first lightsaber, the weapon of Sifo-Dyas....

JoeDoe 2.0
08-18-2007, 04:32 AM
When I looked at a picture of Sifo Dyas, he kinda looked like Revan. :p

I vote for Maul, one of the most coolest Sith, too bad he had to die.

The Source
08-18-2007, 06:45 PM
None of them.

TripHammer
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Maul all the way. He should have never died. He had better moves than obi any day. He had the high ground.. and anybody who's seen the Ani/Obi duel knows that the high ground wins and shouldn't even be attempted.

:lsduel:

grievous797
08-25-2007, 08:08 PM
General Grievous alllll the way.

HIGH ON PIE 14
08-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Maul is the only sith in the movies awesome enough to use a double-bladed lightsaber... that is just total coolness when combined with his horns and tatoos.
Definatly underused...): :mauls: = best movie sith

Grevous really should keep a bag of cough drops handy.

Obss Damell
09-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Maul is the only sith in the movies awesome enough to use a double-bladed lightsaber... that is just total coolness when combined with his horns and tatoos.
Definatly underused...): :mauls: = best movie sith

Grevous really should keep a bag of cough drops handy.

seeing his lungs are force crushed...i dunno if it'll
help :P

Jvstice
09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Ani didn't really get any time as vader in the trilogy, so I'm going with Maul.

MachineCult
09-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Darth Maul. Funny how the most disliked film featured the most liked Sith/Jedi characters.

Fettscommander
09-10-2007, 03:05 AM
darth maul. He rockes

Dunedain
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
My favorite sith in the prequels is Count Dooku. :) Polished, well-spoken, a refined gentleman; a fine example of the dignity and class of one from the ranks of the Jedi Order. But now fallen to the dark side, despite his own best intentions and ideals. He is the very definition of Jedi sophistication and refinement, as well as deadly elegance in a duel. He's like lethal poetry in motion, watching him duel, one could be mesmerized by the intricate and artful skill with which he wields his lightsaber. A true master swordsman, very dangerous indeed. :) And his force powers are extremely impressive.

Next to Darth Vader in the original trilogy (where he has fully developed his skills and force powers), I think Count Dooku is the most dangerous foe the Jedi face in the time during the prequels and original trilogy.

Obss Damell
10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
you know, only two ppl actually defeated mace windu in fair combat. yoda and dooku :D

Rev7
10-20-2007, 06:06 PM
I like Dooku, Vader, and Maul. Dooku, simply an awesome swordsman and has great knowledge of the force, Vader because he is well, the famous Darth Vader, and finally Maul because he wielded a double lightsaber, and was a pretty good duelist. :)

Serpentine Cougar
10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Darth Maul, for all of the afore-mentioned reasons.

jawathehutt
10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Dooku, until ep3, he was a whiney bitch then.

PoiuyWired
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Darth Sunshine. Elf Chick with a cool personality. :)

Oh, anyone knows what are elves called in Star Wars, We know they exist, we have seen one in the council, one as Zelda... and Darth Sunshine maybe half-elf... :)

Oeb
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Anakin shouldn't be mentioned as he was considered dead once he turned to the dark side and became Vader. Although Vader had his grand entrence in movie III Revenge of the Sith, I still feel Darth Maul was the best choice. I would love to see them go back to the Sith Jedi Wars or even further how they and why they started.

BTW some good points for Dooku but to me he was a coward. :dsaber:

Rev7
10-24-2007, 02:40 AM
but to me he was a coward
Just out of morbid curiosity, why do you think that he is a coward?? What did he do that was so wrong?

garm_bel_iblis
10-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Well if we're talking about just the Old Republic era I'd have to say that Komari Vosa was my favorite evil force-wielding character, even though she's a Dark Jedi and not really a Sith. I liked her haunted, cadaverous look and the fact that she was a tad bit psychotic :smash:. Plus she wielded two red lightsabers which was the first time I had seen that in the Star Wars universe before. Asajj Ventress was cool too, but I never saw Clone Wars on Cartoon Network or read graphic novels about her so I don't know a whole lot about her.

teodesetkata
10-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Who is your favourite Sith from the prequel trilogy?

It is really hard to say. Everyone has his own pros and cons.

Darth Maul - First Sith that we see fighting in the prequel trilogy. He has, I mean, had a double-bladed lightsaber. Cool! Very cool.

Darth Sidious - The Master. All hail, Darth Sidious! The manipulative master. I never suspected that he indeed is Palpatine (in episodes I and II). Of course I had doubts when I first watched Episode III.

Darth Vader - The Chosen One. But for the Jedi. Darth Sidious was, for me, the Chosen One for the Sith. Darth Vader did not truly impressed me in the prequel trilogy, but in the original he impressed me more.

General Grievous - Cool ability for four lightsabers, but he's just a machine - no Force Powers. But nevertheless he was a challenge for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Darth Tyranus - My vote. Remember, the vote is for your favourite Sith, not 'Who's the most powerful' or something like that. I do not see one thing in this Star Wars movie. Why was Tyranus sacrificed? He was stronger than Vader. Or at least I think. I really hate Sidious for his line 'Kill him. Kill him now'. Even he standed a chance against Yoda and beat two Jedi before him - Obi-Wan and Anakin.

That is my personal opinion, of course. I'm sorry if it is not the same as some of you.

Obss Damell
10-27-2007, 05:00 PM
teodesetkata. you have no idea how much i agree :D

LordOfTheFish
10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Maul is totally the best.I meen look at him..HES BEAST

spawn613
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
maul, hands-down.

chocy
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
maul, hands-down.
yeah defantly darth maul rules! :vsd:

Darth Xander
11-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Maul, one because he has an awesome lightsaber and two because he has a cool Sith robe.

Fish.Stapler
11-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Dooku for sure. Not the usual brute you get with dark side alignment :)

adamqd
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Gotta be Sidious, I really wasn't expecting the office scene, he owned

herosinger
12-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Though Sidious was the most masterful, Tyranus was my favorite. Like the others said, he had style, both in combat and out.

Miltiades
12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Dooku isn't my favorite, but I've got to agree he had style.

DeathKnight23
12-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Dooku isn't my favorite, but I've got to agree he had style.

Dooku - style? he could barely move :D Plus that beard really ruins things :D

herosinger
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Oh, he could move alright. I seem to remember a force leap or two. Besides, he didn't need to move. His fighting style was all about deceptive wrist angles.

Christopher Lee, on the other hand, could barely move.

Miltiades
12-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Dooku - style? he could barely move :D Plus that beard really ruins things :D

Oh, come on... that's a nice beard! And like herosinger said, his lightsaber combat form didn't required much movement, it was all about precision.

DeathKnight23
12-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Oh, come on... that's a nice beard! And like herosinger said, his lightsaber combat form didn't required much movement, it was all about precision.

Ok ok i'll admit it, that is a nice beard ;D

Sethonre
12-27-2007, 12:02 AM
I had to definitely say Darth Maul.. If only they hadn't killed him off.

igyman
01-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Darth Maul is definitely my favorite Sith, not just from the prequels, but from Star Wars movies in general. It's too bad that he didn't really have much to say in the movie, though.

DeathKnight23
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Darth Maul is definitely my favorite Sith, not just from the prequels, but from Star Wars movies in general. It's too bad that he didn't really have much to say in the movie, though.

i think he said a maximum of 5 words, impressive...

adamqd
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Pre-Vinegar face Sidious is my favorite, I don't like the whole Black robe, freak show, tattoo face, gimmick hilt, 79 year old Apprentice!?, Sith.

Sidious has a (Relatively) normal Hilt, regular clothes, and he's not disabled or part machine... He's bad-ass because he wants to be, not because he's disillusioned, senile, half dead, or kidnapped.

iRULEZ
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
i voted darth maul cause of his blade

DeathKnight23
01-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Darth Vader has the cool speaking thing :D

Miltiades
01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Darth Vader has the cool speaking thing :D

When in the suit, that is. Without it, he's a whining b*tch. :)

igyman
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
When in the suit, that is. Without it, he's whining b*tch.

Quoted for über truth.

Ćhewbacca
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker

Druganator
06-12-2008, 03:29 PM
i love the whole old wounds thing have any of u guys read or seen the little flash animation? it basically says that maul didnt die in theed and he got robotic legs and followed obiwan all the way to tatooine missing him by a few days on every planet obiwan went to and then they fight its a cool concept and i wish it was canon cuz it would leave room for a lot of little story lines between episodes 1and 4

Druganator
06-12-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.animationarcade.com/animation/starwarsoldwounds.html thats the link and it's voiced kinda ****ty but its a nice concept taken from the star wars infinities i think it is

MachineCult
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Star Wars Infinities isn't canon. Darth Maul FTW.

Oh and Grievous wasn't Sith.

Druganator
06-12-2008, 05:27 PM
rite but he had master syfo-dias' blood transfused into him when he became a cyborg so he had midichloreans in him and that why he could use lightsabers i think

Astor
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Why do they let such stupid fanboys write stories for SW?

Publisher: So... what's your idea?

Writer: Right, yeh, Darth Maul is gonna come back to life... as a CYBORG! and den he's gonna go medevil on everyone! It is gonna be kool, man!

:dozey:

Darth_Yuthura
06-12-2008, 08:15 PM
How many sith are there from the prequel?! For the sake of being different, my favorite is Asajj Ventress. I don't care what Dooku said... she was a great sith!

Fredi
06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Hmm I like the way Dooku is ... but I also like Maul's lightsaber abilitys ... but I will go with Dooku.

TKA-001
06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
For the sake of being different, my favorite is Asajj Ventress.
Asajj = Dark Jedi.

LordSerion
06-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Sidious. Without him there wouldn't be Star Wars as we know!!!

Doctorjones
07-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Darth Maul gets my vote.

Obss Damell
07-27-2008, 04:47 AM
How many sith are there from the prequel?! For the sake of being different, my favorite is Asajj Ventress. I don't care what Dooku said... she was a great sith!
she was a dark side acolyte. cool nonetheless

Maphisto86
07-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Iv'e grown to like Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) the most out of all the prequel Sith. I like Maul but he lacked depth I find... not that he didn't have the potential to be a major villain he just was not meant to be.

Anyway... I was a fan of Christopher Lee before I saw Episode II and to see him play as a Star Wars villain like his old friend Peter Cushing was awesome. While he is old, I like the character and while some of you are thinking... "what's up with a eighty year old Sith apprentice!?"... I see it differently. While Dooku was technically the apprentice despite being Palpatine's senior in age, his master probably lured him to the dark side by treating Dooku as an equal... a partner in crime if you will. Referring to him as "my friend" like he did with Darth Vader.

Also, the thought of a wizened, old Jedi Master like Yoda becoming a Sith is frighting. I am able to suspend disbelief and see Count Dooku as the kick ass villian he is despite his (and the actors) age. Beside's he's no ordinary old geezer... :D

Meowster
07-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I say Palpatine. Mostly because of the way he manipulated an entire galaxy into making him the ruler, and then got rid of the opposing sides- and when in truth he did little to no physical work. (Save the duel between those Jedi on EP3, and Yoda.)

RC-1183
07-27-2008, 10:03 PM
i say vader cuz if u say anakin then hes a jedi but when he turns into vader he kills the jedi and turns from a snotty cocky, arrogant jedi into a bada$$ sith who kills almost anyone in his way

Ctrl Alt Del
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
There's no way not to choose Palpatine. He manipulated the entire prequels and actually became Galactic Emperor. All on the deceptive Sith way and forfeiting his emotions.

Darth krunchy
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I voted for Palpatine. Maul was very cool, but since he was so underused, and we never saw enough of him, he doesn't cut it as my favorite.

Darth krunchy
07-28-2008, 02:46 PM

Who?

Hawwi Joshe
07-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I voted for Vader, but I agree with what another poster said about Maul, he shouldn't have died as early and the way that he did. If anything, I believe they should have had a battle between Maul and Dooku to decide who would keep/take the Sith apprentice role at Sidious' side in Episode II. That of course would have had to end with Dooku winning somehow to further along the story plot, but that would have been a awesome duel.

Astor
07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I agree with what another poster said about Maul, he shouldn't have died as early and the way that he did.

Why not? Sidious didn't need Maul by that point - he'd just been made Supreme Chancellor. What happened to his apprentice on Naboo mattered little to him. The whole blockade and occupation of Naboo was simply a way of gaining the top seat in the Republic.

And, coincidentally, Qui-Gon Jinn's death caused Dooku to leave the Order, and walk straight into the arms of Sidious. And Maul would be pointless for the next phase of Sidious' plan. He no longer needed a blunt instrument such as Maul (let's face it, that's what he was trained to be).

For the next phase, he needed someone respectable, and had vast resources at their disposal. Who better than the recently retired Jedi Master who also happened to be the heir to a massive fortune? With Dooku's name, wealth, and political contacts, he was the perfect person to facilitate not only the creation of the Clone Army (through his elimination of Sifo-dyas, allowing him to take control of the creation) but also start the Separatist movement.

If anything, I believe they should have had a battle between Maul and Dooku to decide who would keep/take the Sith apprentice role at Sidious' side in Episode II.

What would be the point? It wouldn't really serve anything, and by then it would have taken another 15 years for Sidious' plans to take hold.

That of course would have had to end with Dooku winning somehow to further along the story plot, but that would have been a awesome duel.

And completely unneccessary. But, Dooku would have won because he is a superior fighter - Maul was just a kid with a toy in comparison.

Hawwi Joshe
07-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm merely stating what would have been the most appealing to the average viewer compared to the background story that many people probably do not realize.

Maul became one of the most well liked Sith of all time, how much more appealing to the public would it have been to have Maul appear in the 2nd film. You still could have had the death of Qui-Gon Jinn and that still could have allowed Dooku to run to Sidious' hand because of Jinn's death.

If you say pointless, in the EU (while not canon) Vader is tested many times by Sidious, if Vader were to die at the hands of another in hopes of becoming a Sith, it would have been allowed.

If Dooku had beaten Anakin in Episode III, Sidious' would not have been disappointed being that it proved he had the stronger of the two. Not to mention coming up in the Clone Wars, Ventress is craving becoming a Sith. If Ventress was to kill Anakin then destory Dooku, Sidious' would have gladly taken her as his apprentice... Again, proving that Sidious' wants the strongest at his side. Another example, look at Sidous telling Luke to finish his father, Vader, in ROTJ, he wanted the strongest!

So pointless? Absolutely not! It still could have been very relevant in the story and not to mention, add much more appeal. Dooku defeating Maul in the 2nd film for the right to be at Sidious' side would have been more appealing and could have been just as meaningful, as the story line would have been only slightly changed. Still allowing all of Dooku's name, wealth, and political contacts to play the same role they did. No matter which way you shake it, it still would have been awesome to see two Sith formerly battle it out.

Astor
07-29-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm merely stating what would have been the most appealing to the average viewer compared to the background story that many people probably do not realize.

Maul became one of the most well liked Sith of all time, how much more appealing to the public would it have been to have Maul appear in the 2nd film.

Got anything to back those two statements up? Maul has one line in the entire film, that's hard;y enough to allow him to be the 'most well liked sith of all time'.

If you say pointless, in the EU (while not canon)

I'm sorry, are you saying that the EU isn't canon? Because it is, actually.

Vader is tested many times by Sidious, if Vader were to die at the hands of another in hopes of becoming a Sith, it would have been allowed.

And many of those tests were there because Sidious knew that Vader would suceed. For instance, when he sent one his Emperor's hands to kill him - He was no match for Vader - he just wanted to further stir his anger and hatred.

If Dooku had beaten Anakin in Episode III, Sidious' would not have been disappointed being that it proved he had the stronger of the two.

Where did I say that, exactly?

Not to mention coming up in the Clone Wars, Ventress is craving becoming a Sith. If Ventress was to kill Anakin then destory Dooku, Sidious' would have gladly taken her as his apprentice...

Ventress was nothing but a hack compared to Dooku and Anakin - she was designed merely to be used to test Anakin.

Again, proving that Sidious' wants the strongest at his side. Another example, look at Sidous telling Luke to finish his father, Vader, in ROTJ, he wanted the strongest!

That's 19 years after all of the other events. By that time, Vader had served his purpose - destroying the Jedi and establishing the Empire.

So pointless? Absolutely not! It still could have been very relevant in the story and not to mention, add much more appeal.

More appeal to everyone, or just to you?

No matter which way you shake it, it still would have been awesome to see two Sith formerly battle it out.

No, it wouldn't. It would have just been another pointless opportunity for the Maul fanboys to get themselves in a frenzy, over their stupidly pointless character.

Darth krunchy
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM
And, coincidentally, Qui-Gon Jinn's death caused Dooku to leave the Order, and walk straight into the arms of Sidious. And Maul would be pointless for the next phase of Sidious' plan. He no longer needed a blunt instrument such as Maul (let's face it, that's what he was trained to be).
It's been a long time since I've been able to sit through Ep. 2. Could you please explain this statement for me?

Thanks! :)

Hawwi Joshe
07-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Got anything to back those two statements up? Maul has one line in the entire film, that's hard;y enough to allow him to be the 'most well liked sith of all time'.

Even you should know Maul was intriguing not because of his short dialogue in the first film, but rather his unique look and style of combat. Not to mention it was the first time many had seen a double bladed lightsaber, that also added a lot of appeal.

Also, I searched through google to back up my statement, and while I never found a concrete poll with a large collective of votes, I did find several websites where Maul was mentioned as one of the favorite Sith both in written articles as well as smaller polls. You can look at this forum alone, and they're are several Maul fans and even some who would probably deem him their favorite Sith.

Where did I say that, exactly?

You didn't, I merely stated that to further prove my point that Sidious goal was to always have the strongest apprentice, whether that had ended up being Dooku or Anakin.

Ventress was nothing but a hack compared to Dooku and Anakin - she was designed merely to be used to test Anakin.

I agree regarding Ventress, but you missed my point. I was not saying Ventress was as strong and cunning as Dooku or Anakin, I merely used it as an example to prove a point that if someone such as Ventress had in some fashion come out ahead and proved to be the stronger of the 3, Sidious would have gladly take her as his apprentice.

More appeal to everyone, or just to you?

I have to laugh at this comment. George Lucas himself even admits it was a mistake to allow Darth Maul to die in the first movie. Why? It's simple, He was one of the most well liked Sith. Not to mention the Sith are known for betrayal and battles within themselves. Why not take advantage of that history, and allow the viewers to finally see a Sith vs. Sith duel? You say pointless, I say most viewers if given a vote on it, would be in favor it. I'm sorry to say, but I believe your in the minority in this discussion. I respect your opinion and your entitlement to it, but don't disregard others as pointless, just because YOU don't agree with it.

Astor
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Even you should know Maul was intriguing not because of his short dialogue in the first film, but rather his unique look and style of combat.

So, because he's got an extra blade and some red tattoos, I should think that he's an interesting character? That doesn't sound like a very compelling argument. Dooku was a far more intriguing character because he was once a Jedi.

You didn't, I merely stated that to further prove my point that Sidious goal was to always have the strongest apprentice, whether that had ended up being Dooku or Anakin.

No, Sidious' goal was complete control of the galaxy. And for that, he chose apprentices who could carry out the tasks before him.

I have to laugh at this comment. George Lucas himself even admits it was a mistake to allow Darth Maul to die in the first movie.

Maybe it was, and maybe it wasn't, but he did.

Why not take advantage of that history, and allow the viewers to finally see a Sith vs. Sith duel?

Because it probably wouldn't have added much to the actual plot. Remember, the prequel trilogy is largely about the rise of Darth Vader - not the squabbling between Sith for scraps from Sidious' table.

You say pointless, I say most viewers if given a vote on it, would be in favor it.

That's a supposition to support your point.

I'm sorry to say, but I believe your in the minority in this discussion.

And being in the minority is supposedly a problem?

I respect your opinion and your entitlement to it, but don't disregard others as pointless, just because YOU don't agree with it.

There's no need to get angry.

I never disregarded anybody's opinion as 'pointless'. But, on the other hand, I wasn't aware that I needed to put 'THIS IS MY OPINION' in front of everything I say. If that's your interpretation, then I apologise.

GeneralPloKoon
07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Astor just owned!

A Galaxy Foreseen
10-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Darth Maul.

It was the best lightsaber duelist in my opinion at that time but I still believe he could
of won that battle though of course Lucas wanted him dead.

I believe he could of won it the same way Obi-Wan won in his battle against Anakin.

GwannaSauna
10-30-2008, 02:18 AM
1. Darth Vader
2. Count Dooku
3. Darth Maul
4. Darth Sidious/Palpatine

Palpatine/Darth Sidious didn't become cool until the Original Trilogy (namely Return of the Jedi)

''Now, young Skywalker, you will die"

BEST PART OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY EVER!!!

Now someone get this thread back on topic... :)

jedi_christian
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
General Grievous isn't a sith ;) He was just trained by Count Dooku to handle multiple light sabers....

Darth Zavier
06-20-2009, 12:19 AM
YES...Maul is up, by alot! And yes, I chose Maul, he is my favorite character EVER in SW, Solo is second. I just wish he had not die in ep. 1, he was MUCH more powerful than Kenobi at the time, because Kenobi was just a boy.

Alexrd
06-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Sorry, but since when Grievous is a Sith?

Darth Zavier
06-20-2009, 11:36 PM
He never was.

Alexrd
06-21-2009, 10:11 AM
He never was.

I know. But why is he on the poll?

Darth Zavier
06-21-2009, 04:49 PM
You got me.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
1:Palpatine
2:Maul

Darth Zavier
06-22-2009, 03:16 PM
YES, Maul won!

Demongo
06-22-2009, 03:23 PM
YES, Maul won!

Why? Did you close the poll?

Darth Zavier
06-22-2009, 03:27 PM
No, I mean't he is winning. Sorry for not clarifing that. ;)

Insignia_Enithma
06-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I choose Maul, he just looked so cool, and as anyone who has read some of the EU stuff about him, he was such a cool character.

DarthAwesome
06-28-2009, 10:58 PM
I chose Maul because in terms of pure badassery he owns the rest of them. Maul is quiet and mysterious so you never really find out what makes him tick. He may not have the finesse of Count Dooku or the intellect that Darth Sidious posseses but he can still wipe the floor with the jedi. :cool:

First post, by the way. :)

Ogriv83
10-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I always like Tyranus the most. He was just so cool and collected yet you knew he could kill in a second.

TKA-001
10-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Palpatine, duh. The others were also interesting, but Palpatine was the king. Vader, Maul, and Dooku were all his *****es.

Pho3nix
10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Darth Maul for sure.

I even had the pleasure of talking to Ray Park in 2006, he was really cool even in real life ;D

M@RS
10-16-2009, 02:28 AM
I'd have to say Count Dooku. He was definitely the most the calm (and perhaps one of the deadliest) sith ever. He was able to use his emotions and knowledge of the force to trick his victim into a sense of carelessness (look at Anakin). IF they didn't fall for his tricks, he'd simply kill them in a battle.

noizer
10-16-2009, 05:23 AM
i would have to say sidious. he is the master mind afterall

SW01
10-16-2009, 09:14 AM
I'd say it'd be a very close run thing between Dooku and Sidious.

I liked both as master manipulators, more interesting than a straightforward 'stab-everything-with-glowy-red-stick' Sith character, and a good, fitting contrast in fighting styles - Dooku, as said, very calm and calculating, taunting his opponents, Sidious using surprise, aggression, and sheer skill (it seemed).

Also, being played by Ian McDiarmid and Sir Christopher Lee help make them favourites of mine! :D

Now, I would have liked to say Darth Vader (seeing he was, for so long, one of the best villains in cinema), but the PT ruined him a bit...

lockhead
10-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Okay, I gotta ask, because I'm fairly new at this. Why do people like people like the Sith and those who are unrepentantly evil? Someone like Mara Jade I'm willing to buy, she gets better, but someone like the Emperor enjoys the harm he causes others.

TKA-001
10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Okay, I gotta ask, because I'm fairly new at this. Why do people like people like the Sith and those who are unrepentantly evil? Someone like Mara Jade I'm willing to buy, she gets better, but someone like the Emperor enjoys the harm he causes others.
Most of the time when someone says they "like" a villain, they're talking about the actual quality of the character, that is, how well the villain is done. Factors in a villainous character's quality include how effective they are, how realistically/believably they're portrayed, their personalities, their motivations, how much of a threat they pose to the hero(es), and how much they contribute to the quality of the story overall. It's not about whether they are liked as persons; it's about whether they enhance the story and to what degree. Well-done villains are required in order for the conflict in a story such as Star Wars to be gripping and enjoyable.

Besides, even clearly evil characters can (sometimes because of justifying factors, and in other cases in spite of lack of any such factors) be liked from an out-of-universe perspective, even if from an in-universe perspective they are mostly or entirely despicable; just look at how much the KotOR fanbase loves to slobber over HK-47 and Darth Revan.

lockhead
10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Ah. Well for me my favourite type of evil or Sith character would be the fallen type ones, those who have a justified or at least explainable reason for falling to the dark side. Anakin, Revan and Malek, I'm not sure if Dooku would count. Even that though, for someone to be so corrupted by evil, for genuinely good people to allow themselves to be destroyed that much, is to me rather frightening.

So I would have to choose Anakin. He serves as a symbol of how far obsession can make you fall, something which I believe is highlighted at times in the expanded universe. You look at how Vader suffers and you think, who would want to be him. For all his power and fame he is fallen and broken.

Jayce76
10-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I have too honestly said Darth Maul in the Prequel Trilogy. I loved darth Skywalker with the hood , but Maul is just one of the best visual looking Villian's ever . . . .

Visas
11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I vote Darth Maul.

Vierna Drottingu
12-03-2009, 02:56 PM
General Grievous for me... although he was weaker than the rest, i still liked his 4-saber style :)
Next is Darth Maul... dual saber, need I say more? xD although, he died in a very stupid way (he could've easily sliced Obi Wan in half, when Obi jumped)

Jawa Slayer Wookiee
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Darth Maul

Darth Caedus_Nihilus
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Maul is by far the coolest and i think he wud have been a lot better if they didnt kill him off so quickly. But anakin right b4 he turned into vader was super strong obi wan was just better at controlling his power

SciFiGeek17
06-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Darth Maul!
Has the best skills in my opinion, plus he can use a staff weapon. Double-blades are hard to learn to use.

*has some experiance with that*

kotorcommunity
07-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Gotta love Darth Maul! :D

RC-2992
07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Darth Nihilus... I love his mask!

LordTrilobite
08-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Darth Revan, he was the wisest of them all.

Seikan
09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Who is your favorite sith from the prequel trilogy?

Which part can't you understand?... "prequel trilogy" it means episode 1-2-3, so no kotor siths, no clone wars siths, etc...

So no darth Revan/Nihilus

And I'm going with Darth Maul, he's really cool, also love the "Darth Maul" comic, and the tattooed body, his double blade... He's definitely one of my favorite siths from all the star wars universe, he would have been even better after getting rid of Sidious, but he died...

Bushy162
08-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Darth Maul.

Al_Ciao
08-04-2011, 09:24 PM
They are ALL cool, just in different ways.

Grievous used four blades! Even though he's not technically a Sith, he's still awesome. Note also, that he seems to be a prototype or test run for the arcane science that created Darth Vader.

"Darth Skywalker" in the hood, marching on the Jedi Temple with the clone troopers, is just awesome. He finally becomes wicked cool, until he goes over the edge (literally and figuratively) at Mustafar.

Darth Vader from the OT of course is mondo awesome too. The whole choking, breathing, James Earl Jones thing.

Darth Maul has the cool look, the awesome double saber, and the whole mysterious "man of few words" thing.

Dooku has STYLE. Precision, dignity, skill, power. Plus he's played by Christopher Lee! :D

And Sidious is has consistently been my favorite darksider almost the whole time since I discovered Star Wars as a child 20 years ago.

Someone said that his RotJ line, "And now, young Skywalker... you will die, is the coolest moment in the movies?

Quoted for truth! :D :D :D

So they're all cool! I really can't decide.

What would be REALLY cool, and admittedly this is more a fanboyish thing than anything else, would be all these Sith teaming up together, in a lightsaber battle against a bunch of Jedi!

Say, Sidious, Vader, Maul, Dooku, and Grievous VS Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and someone else like Ki Adi Mundi or Aayla Secura. :D How awesome would THAT be?