PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Pages : [1] 2

Silveredge9
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Closed on Request... new thread here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2627322#post2627322) -RH

I promised I'd get it out before the end of September... and here it is! The Brotherhood of Shadow mod is now complete after months of anticipation by KOTOR fans... and over a year of work for me!

The Mod will be up on KOTORFiles once it has been reviewed and stuff. So when that happens, I'll update this post with a Download link. :)

Now I'm going to sit back and die of complete and utter exhaustion.

Screens (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/Screens/)
Download mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83006)
Download patch 1.01 (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83032)
Download patch 1.02 (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83141
)
Download patch 1.03 (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83221
)

Download patch 1.04 (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83645)

Download patch 1.05 (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;84363)

----------------------------------------
Knights of the Old Republic - Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

AUTHOR: Silveredge9
NAME: Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack
DATE RELEASED: 19/9/07

Description
The Brotherhood of Shadow is an custom created expansion pack mod for the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. it adds around 4 hours of additional content.

The content is split into 3 main parts;

- The prologue to the main quest "A Favour for a Rodian" , which can be undertaken at any time after your first visit to Dantooine. This can be activated by talking to the Rodian 'Drix Keliwt' in the Korriban Cantina.

- The main quest "The Brotherhood of Shadow", which can only be undertaken after both the prologue quest and the Leviathan is completed. This can be activated by talking to the Bith 'Ponda Htib'a' in the Tatooine Cantina.

- The party member dialogue, and sidequests "The Shadow of Revan". Which can be undertaken through dialogue should you choose to recruit the party member when given the choice during the "The Brotherhood of Shadow" quest.

Plot
Upon attending a failed meeting with one of the most ruthless Exchange members - on behalf of a band of smugglers, you are asked take part in a journey on a trader ship named the ‘Orion’ to oversee and to safeguard a mysterious and powerful cargo from falling into this Exchange members hands. Little do you know, that this journey presents more then meets the eyes...

Features
- 4 hours of new and compelling content. Added as an expansion pack to the original KOTOR.

- Interesting and compelling characters, brought to life via original high quality reskins.

- Countless New robes and armour available for the player. Such as the Armlet of Fiends, that allows you to summon creatures to aid you in battle.

- A selection of different areas to explore and experience storytelling in, based upon existing modules, logically connected together.

- Choose how you play through the quests, choices available for both Light and Darksiders.

- Learn about your characters past, and play the through pivotal moments that KOTOR defined history. Including the Jedi's assault upon Darth Revan, and Revan's call to arms within the Jedi against the Mandalorian threat.

- A deep and detailed gameplay experience that matches the quality of the main games plot.

- On your journey, battle traders, criminals, ancient entities of Sith nature, your past, and yourself.

- Recruit a entirely new party member. A mysterious figure from your past, known only as Matilda.

- Fight alongside friends from your past. Included Jedi Malak.

New Items Checklist
- Arkanian utility belt
- Daemon Drexel's Mask
- Exchange Battle Armour
- Czerka Muscle Suit
- Mandalorian Scout Armor
- Mandalorian Wars Robe (Yellow)
- Mandalorian Wars Robe (Red)
- Mandalorian Wars Robe (Brown)
- Mandalorian Wars Robe (Blue)
- Mandalorian Wars Robe (Black)
- Armlet of Fiends
- Jedi Crusaders Robe
- Jedi Seer Robe
- Darth Revans Robes
- Darth Revans Mask
- Matilda's clothes

Brotherhood of Shadow FAQ
Q - Is this a storyline replacement mod?
A - No, the Brotherhood of Shadow is integrated into the game as an optional quest in a similar style to the other quests in the game.

Q - How do I get the new items?
A - All of the new items are attainable via a Brotherhood of Shadow Mod quest. So either through the prologue, the main quest, or the party member content.

Q - Does the new party member replace anybody, if so who?
A - The main part of the Brotherhood of Shadow quest can only be done after the Leviathan. And because of this due to main plot developments, the Bastila party member slot is free. The new party member uses the slot, and so does not override anybody.

Q - Does the new Party Member have dialogue?
A - The new Party member has at least the same amount of dialogue as the other default KOTOR characters, if not more.

Q - Does the new Party Member have a sidequest?
A - The Party Member has a sidequest in the form of flashbacks. The sidequest for the new party member is roughly about twice the size as the default side quests for other characters.

Q - How big is the Brotherhood of Shadow mod, how long will it take me to complete it?
A - The Brotherhood of Shadow mod consists of 3 quests. During the testing phase of the project, where I played through from start to finish casually as would a player, it took me 4 hours to fully complete.

Q - What is the difficulty of Brotherhood of Shadow?
A - The difficulty is similar to the rest of the game. Not too hard, not too easy.

Q - What is the Armlet of Fiends?
A - The Armlet of Fiends is an Armband item included in Brotherhood of Shadow that allows you to summon monsters to aid you in battle. These monsters will follow you around and fight who you fight, but will not follow you into another area. The monsters leave you, when they die or when you dismiss them through dialogue.

How to Install This Mod
- Run the Install File.
- To install the save, should you wish to test the content straight away. Move the contents of the "save" folder, into the corresponding folder in the swkotor directory.

Special Thanks
- Thanks to those who took the time and effort to create the tools required to mod KOTOR. Without those, none of this would have been possible.
- Thanks to Holowan Labs for all the help and support through the development process. Specifically stoffe, who was always there to offer a development saving script... :P

Additional Notes
- A save game has been included for the benefit of the player to allow them to experience the new content without having to start a whole new game. Although starting a new game is recommended, to avoid any bugs.

- The entire collection of source scripts for the mod has been included in the package, for the benefits of KOTOR modders. (600+ Scripts)

Alexander the Great
09-18-2007, 09:59 PM
DUDE! FRICKIN' SUPER DUPER!

You are t3h h4x0r, truly. This is going to get the Mod of the year, I know it.

[Heh, first comment r0fl l0l...]

This is some trailer, by the way. ;)

Omega_Novae
09-18-2007, 09:59 PM
SWEET. Can't wait for it to go up!

lordofmalachor
09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
finally! i've been waiting for this forever!

great job, man!

Darth Balor
09-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I worship you now.

jedi7000nathan
09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
its going to be great

correllian_thug
09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Hot damn! i want this bad!

DarthExile27
09-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Awesome, thank you for sharing this, I'm sure the mod will be great. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Weave
09-19-2007, 12:33 AM
:eyeraise:

Heart... failing... must... *spluttering cough* survive... long enough... to play *cough* MOD!!

The Moo-moo Brothers!!!! AHHAHA!!! YESSSSS!
Love that comic series to death.

EGJason
09-19-2007, 12:36 AM
IT"S HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SILVEREDGE 9 WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83006#Download

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-19-2007, 01:30 AM
DLing now!!!! OMG! I can't wait to play this bad boy. I've been watching this for a while. Great work Silveredge. Great work.

Shadow51689
09-19-2007, 02:19 AM
Wow. Just wow! Just browsing through the screenshots, I can tell this mod adds an amazing amount of content! Oh, and w00t! A new Twi'lek party member! (Shame she doesn't replace Bastila from the beginning LOL)

But darn you! :p Now you've officially given me a reason to start a new KoTOR game and put my own modding efforts on pause, hehe.

sekan
09-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Silveredge9... AWESOME WORK! I... must be dreaming And I'm not in school this special day?! This is a special day indeed :thmbup1:

Arátoeldar
09-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Awesome mod which I will be playing this weekend. :bow:

RoyalBlue
09-19-2007, 06:41 AM
O.O.....This is just flipping awesome! Shame I gotta go to school. XD *kills self for not checking the forums sooner* Just dled. Congratulations

Jason Skywalker
09-19-2007, 06:45 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG, don't panic, don't panic... AHH, THANK YOU! DOWNLOAD NOW!

Darth Balor
09-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Starting up KotOR.

Miltiades
09-19-2007, 09:01 AM
This is going to be great! Awesome stuff! Continuing my saved game right now! :)

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
There are a few easter eggs in there. The Moomo brothers appearance is just one of the bigger ones. :P

And to be honest, after this I always assumed that I'd be that sick of working on KOTOR that I'd never do anything again. But no, I'm just having a break for a while, and then I'll probably go back to doing simple and small mods like the Darkside Reskins and the Ajunta Pall thing in my spare time.

stoffe
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
I promised I'd get it out before the end of September... and here it is! The Brotherhood of Shadow mod is now complete after months of anticipation by KOTOR fans... and over a year of work for me!

Nice work. Seems very interesting, though I haven't had the time to play it yet.

I have, however, noticed a few problems with the installer so far you may want to know about :)
The new entry you add to spells.2da isn't properly linked to the armband item that triggers it. Thus the armband won't work if the player already has a modified spells.2da file, since your armband will point to the first custom spell in it, whatever it might be, and not directly to your addition. (You'll need to store the RowIndex of your new line in spells.2da in a 2DAMEMORY token and then assign that to the property subtype in the armband to fix this.)

When adding new structs to the Categories list in global.jrl you should set the struct TypeID to ListIndex instead of a direct number to have it get a proper value even if the player has an already modified global.jrl. That keyword will be substituted with the structs index in the list field when the patcher runs.

Your mod made me aware of a bug/oversight that happens when an ExoString or ExoLocString substring field contains text with newlines (like your new journal entries does). Due to this bug it would only add the text up until the first newline, the rest would be discarded. I've uploaded a new version of TSLPatcher that fixes this, though the changes.ini file will need to be manually fixed. I've posted some instructions for how to do this in the TSLPatcher thread in the T3M4 tools forum. Sorry about that mess. :halo2:

Kainzorus Prime
09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Is the dialogue voiced?

sekan
09-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Is the dialogue voiced?

Yes all dialogs are voiced. :smash:

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Nice work. Seems very interesting, though I haven't had the time to play it yet.

I have, however, noticed a few problems with the installer so far you may want to know about :)
The new entry you add to spells.2da isn't properly linked to the armband item that triggers it. Thus the armband won't work if the player already has a modified spells.2da file, since your armband will point to the first custom spell in it, whatever it might be, and not directly to your addition. (You'll need to store the RowIndex of your new line in spells.2da in a 2DAMEMORY token and then assign that to the property subtype in the armband to fix this.)

When adding new structs to the Categories list in global.jrl you should set the struct TypeID to ListIndex instead of a direct number to have it get a proper value even if the player has an already modified global.jrl. That keyword will be substituted with the structs index in the list field when the patcher runs.

Your mod made me aware of a bug/oversight that happens when an ExoString or ExoLocString substring field contains text with newlines (like your new journal entries does). Due to this bug it would only add the text up until the first newline, the rest would be discarded. I've uploaded a new version of TSLPatcher that fixes this, though the changes.ini file will need to be manually fixed. I've posted some instructions for how to do this in the TSLPatcher thread in the T3M4 tools forum. Sorry about that mess. :halo2:

I've fixed #2. But I'm having some trouble with #3... I see that it cuts off most of the Journal Entries, so it needs to be fixed asap...

I edited the changes.ini file manually, adding "<#LF#>" where line breaks are supposed to be, but when I check it out in kgff... there are no line breaks, just <#LF#> between the text. :P

Is that supposed to happen?

UPDATE
Wait, nevermind, I just download your update to TSL patcher and it works now. :P

Ztalker
09-19-2007, 10:26 AM
[montyburnmode] Excellent....[/montyburnsmode] :D

Like I've said before, there aren't many mods out there that add new content to the game without 'disrupting' the story and overall feel. Exccelent job!

If you excuse me, I have some installing to do....

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I've fixed the journal bug, but I'm still confused on how to fix the spells.2DA thing... :/

Anyway, until I release a patch to fix the problems stoffe highlighted. You can download a fixed journal here (http://rapidshare.com/files/56782975/global.jrl.html). Just put that in your override folder.

It's recommended that you do that for the time being, as at the moment half the journal entries will be cut off. :P

Shem
09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I've fixed the journal bug, but I'm still confused on how to fix the spells.2DA thing... :/

Anyway, until I release a patch to fix the problems stoffe highlighted. You can download a fixed journal here (http://rapidshare.com/files/56782975/global.jrl.html). Just put that in your override folder.

It's recommended that you do that for the time being, as at the moment half the journal entries will be cut off. :PSince your original file is huge and to save a lot of time, send in a mod patch if possible instead of uploading a whole new mod if you can.

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, thats what I intend to do. :P

Azzameen
09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh, this is going to be great!
Fighting Bastila as Darth Revan. He he.
I don't really understand, why the Jedimasters of Dantooine look like Sith, but okay, I'll enjoy it. It will stop their boring talking.

stoffe
09-19-2007, 11:22 AM

You can do that roughly like this:

Open the 2DA files panel for spells.2da and doubleclick your AddLine modifier to edit it. At the end of the list of column modifiers, add a 2DAMEMORY1 column key and set the value to RowIndex, like in the screenshot below:
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4061/boshelp1ep9.jpg
This will store the line number your new row gets inserted as in the 2DAMEMORY1 token, so it can be accessed later. (You should also set the Exclusive column box to label as shown above. This will help avoid duplicate entries being added to spells.2da if someone runs the installer more than once.)

Next, expand the GFF Files section and pick Add GFF File in the Modifiers menu. Type in monster_band.uti in the filename box. In the "Modify field value" section type in PropertiesList\0\Subtype in the GFF Field box, and 2DAMEMORY1 in the value box and press the red up arrow button, like in the screenshot below:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2/boshelp2ac3.jpg
This will insert the line number of your addition to spells.2da (which you stored above) into the Subtype field of the "Activate item" property of your armband, which should point to the spells.2da line to use.

(You can use the folder icon to the right of the GFF Field box to load all the GFF field labels from your monster_band.uti file into the dropdown menu to help avoid typos.)

Finally, expand the Install files section, find and select monster_band.uti in the file list and press the Trash can icon above the list to remove it. Since it's being installed via the GFF Files section it shouldn't be listed here as well.

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I've fixed all the issues and now sent a patch to KOTORFiles. Again stoffe, thanks for the help. And good luck with the continuing development of TSL patcher. :)

If I may say

I can't find the Saved file.

Also.

Lips files.
Overide files
Module files if any.

Into folders like

Lips
Overide
Module

It will help people
The save file isn't automatically installed. You just have to move the contents of the save folder that comes in the RAR into the KOTOR save folder should you wish to continue from that save game.

Other then that, I don't get what you mean in your post. :P

Edit
---------
I've also released a small trailer to celebrate the release of Brotherhood of Shadow. You can view it at youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MG-tJNsvsE)

Hive
09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I downloaded the mod, but am having some issues with it; mainly that for some reason, I can't initiate conversation with certain people (Xor after attacking us, TJ in the Tatooine cantina - the latter which prevents me from progressing with the story of this mod).

Also, several new items lack imagery... and there a numerous spelling errors, which though is a minor issue.

All in all, it's clear that a lot of work has been put into this. I hope I'll be able to finish the mod sometime, if that damn TJ decides to speak to me. ;)

Dumb-1
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
AT LAST!!!!! I've been waiting anxiously for this mod to release! And AT LAST!!!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS!

///Dumb-1

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I downloaded the mod, but am having some issues with it; mainly that for some reason, I can't initiate conversation with certain people (Xor after attacking us, TJ in the Tatooine cantina - the latter which prevents me from progressing with the story of this mod).

Also, several new items lack imagery... and there a numerous spelling errors, which though is a minor issue.

All in all, it's clear that a lot of work has been put into this. I hope I'll be able to finish the mod sometime, if that damn TJ decides to speak to me. ;)
I'm assuming you loaded the save game that was supplied with the mod? Anyways, the TJ NPC your referring too has NOTHING to do with the mod itself, and is just something left over from an old test that is still appearing in that particular save game. To start the mod, talk to the NPC Drix Keliwt on Korriban, as stated in the read-me.

There might be bugs occurring within the supplied save game, as it's an older save. It was only included in the package to allow you to quickly check the mod out. I recommend starting the game from the beginning, or at least referring to a save from Taris or Dantooine if you plan to play the mod though a genuine playthrough.

Shadow51689
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
A little confused about the journal entry thing.

Your fixed journal is about 8kb smaller than the global.jrl that the mod installed into my override (no other mods currently). Should I just go ahead and use the new one?

Silveredge9
09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
A little confused about the journal entry thing.

Your fixed journal is about 8kb smaller than the global.jrl that the mod installed into my override (no other mods currently). Should I just go ahead and use the new one?
In the release package, the global.jrl is already the edited one, so when you install the mod, it pretty much makes 2 versions of the entries. Which is an error on my part.

Whilst in the "fixed journal" I supplied earlier, their is only 1 copy of the entries, which means the fixed version is a lower file size.

But the patch I've released fixes that problem and some others...

The patch isn't on KOTORfiles as of yet. So I've uploaded it to rapidshare as a temporary way for those who wish to play the mod now with fully fixed journal entries.

Patch 1.01 (http://rapidshare.com/files/56844575/Brotherhood_of_Shadow_1.01_Patch.rar.html)

Hive
09-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm assuming you loaded the save game that was supplied with the mod? Anyways, the TJ NPC your referring too has NOTHING to do with the mod itself, and is just something left over from an old test that is still appearing in that particular save game. To start the mod, talk to the NPC Drix Keliwt on Korriban, as stated in the read-me.

There might be bugs occurring within the supplied save game, as it's an older save. It was only included in the package to allow you to quickly check the mod out. I recommend starting the game from the beginning, or at least referring to a save from Taris or Dantooine if you plan to play the mod though a genuine playthrough.

Yes, it's with the supplied save. I recently finished a game of Kotor, and ain't really hooked on starting a completely new game...

I thought this TJ person was Keliwt's associate I was to seek out, I suppose I'll have to go look for someone else then. :D

Wedge Suron
09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
It's up

Heres a link.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow_Expansion_Pack;83014

Hive
09-19-2007, 07:06 PM
I have now played through the Brotherhood of Shadow main quest (not the new party member side quest(s) yet), and it sure did take a lot of time. However, in my opinion too much of the time was spent with lots and lots of dialogue and cut scenes - and while I must commend you on your well-made cut scenes and use of environments for flashbacks, I don't like not being able to control my character for so long durations of time, doing nothing but clicking dialogue (that sadly cannot be skipped with a mouse click, as dialogue normally can) and cut scenes.

Interesting idea overall, though. But the long passages of un-skipable dialogue slows down the pace of the gameplay too much imo.

jedi7000nathan
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
how do you recruit the new character

RoyalBlue
09-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't think anyone else has posted this yet, so let me the first to yell it out in all caps-lock; FINISHED! Great mod man, I loved it. I did notice a few bugs with the CSs, but they weren't anything too big, considering what you had to work with. I hope you continue to have a great modding career, and a great life too.

Ferc Kast
09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
The following words of Palpatine & Vader will ring true of this mod, as they do of most mods:

"...We will watch your career with great interest..." -TPM
"This will be a day long remembered." -ANH

I will have to try this out during the weekend. Good job!! :thumbsup:

darthcarth
09-20-2007, 09:45 AM
This mod is awsome for as far as i got if this mod doesnt get mod of the year i think i will very strongly protest.

Wedge Suron
09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
I would vote for it.

Also.

How do you get the Jedi Crusader robes to keep?

Silveredge9
09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Talk to Matilda about them when your given the option to. She will give a hint where to find some. :P

jedi7000nathan
09-20-2007, 09:03 PM
how do get her to join the party

Edit: is the the choice lightside or darkside to recruit Matilda

Silveredge9
09-20-2007, 09:24 PM
how do get her to join the party
Play the main quest, the choice to recruit her is something that can't be avoided nor missed. But then I've been telling you this when you've been PM'ing me, haven't I?

Anyways, for those who have played the mod and completed it, including the content associated with the party member. Feel free to share you opinions on the mod...What was your favourite part, what did you like, what didn't you like? I'm interested in hearing these things. :P

Lucied
09-20-2007, 09:50 PM
oh my lord....downloading

SimonF12003
09-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Have just finished the main part, not the sub-quest yet, and just one word - AWESOME

Wacky Jack
09-21-2007, 03:38 AM
i downloaded this and, to my surprise, it fixed some things that had gone wrong with other mods i have...too many conflicting mods. Bastila's lightsaber (which was an orange-ish color even with the default yellow crystal) is now back to the original yellow! i can't begin to tell you how much that orange saber was bugging me!

Darth Balor
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
I played the proloug, and it was really good.

Wedge Suron
09-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Just got to Lehon.

Bastilla has been changed into Matilda.

Edit: Torture scene. Bastilla gone.

Ebon Hawk after Matilda gone.

RoyalBlue
09-21-2007, 01:53 PM
XD I hate to spoil you day, but I found two bugs so far.

1. Even if you kill the bith, he is still in the cantina when you zone back.
2. If you have Matilda in your party, whenever bastila would make a comment, Matilda will, with Bastila's voice. I found this when I used the force on that Mannan Guard guy who makes you pay to get inside the city.

Silveredge9
09-21-2007, 02:18 PM
XD I hate to spoil you day, but I found two bugs so far.

1. Even if you kill the bith, he is still in the cantina when you zone back.
2. If you have Matilda in your party, whenever bastila would make a comment, Matilda will, with Bastila's voice. I found this when I used the force on that Mannan Guard guy who makes you pay to get inside the city.

#1 occurs only in the supplied save, because that save was created whilst the mod was still in development, and draws upon outdated scripts that since been altered for the final version. If you were to play the quest on a new game, that wouldn't happen.

#2 I'm aware of, but I can't see any feasible way to fix it. Besides, it's only a minor annoyance.

Wedge Suron
09-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Ok.

My patience has run out.

STOP SHABLA REMOVING MY SHABLA POSTS AND ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!

Rogue Nine
09-21-2007, 02:54 PM
It would help if you had a question to begin with. :roleyess:

And for someone who professes to have patience, you certainly don't demonstrate it. The modder will address your issues if/when he has time to. Bellyaching about it will not speed this process along, so please cease and desist, or I will continue to delete your posts.

Silveredge9
09-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Ok.

My patience has run out.

STOP SHABLA REMOVING MY SHABLA POSTS AND ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!
Chill out, I can't be available to personally answer every question you have 24/7.

And to answer your question, yes it is a bug you have found and yes I'm working on a patch to fix this bug.

Quatra
09-21-2007, 03:00 PM
i am sorry to tell you that but the patch link at kotorfiles doesn't work

stoffe
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
#2 I'm aware of, but I can't see any feasible way to fix it. Besides, it's only a minor annoyance.

If those dialog interjections use a script to check if Bastila is in the party you can modify this script with an additional check to check if the available NPC is Bastila or your new one.

If they share the same tag one way to do this is to check the appearance type the character uses, for example like:

object oBast = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");
// ST: Bastila's line number from appearance.2da
if (GetAppearanceType(oBast) == 4) {
// I'm bastila...
}
else {
// I'm someone else
}

Some standard scripts checking for Bastila's presence, or lack thereof, are k_con_bastilapm and k_con_bastilanpm. You could modify them with the above like:

//:: k_con_bastilapm
/*
checks to see if bastila is a party member
*/
//:: Created By:
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.
//:: modified by Aidan, Sept 28,02
//:: updated with the new party functions

int StartingConditional() {
return ((IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) == TRUE)
&& (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4)
&& (GetDistanceBetween(GetPCSpeaker(), GetObjectByTag("bastila")) <= 10.0));
}

...and...

//:: k_con_bastilanpm
/*
checks to see if bastila is not a party member
*/

return (!IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) || (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) != 4));
}

Silveredge9
09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
If those dialog interjections use a script to check if Bastila is in the party you can modify this script with an additional check to check if the available NPC is Bastila or your new one.

If they share the same tag one way to do this is to check the appearance type the character uses, for example like:

object oBast = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");
// ST: Bastila's line number from appearance.2da
if (GetAppearanceType(oBast) == 4) {
// I'm bastila...
}
else {
// I'm someone else
}

Some standard scripts checking for Bastila's presence, or lack thereof, are k_con_bastilapm and k_con_bastilanpm. You could modify them with the above like:

//:: k_con_bastilapm
/*
checks to see if bastila is a party member
*/

return ((IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) == TRUE)
&& (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4)
&& (GetDistanceBetween(GetPCSpeaker(), GetObjectByTag("bastila")) <= 10.0));
}

...and...

//:: k_con_bastilanpm
/*
checks to see if bastila is not a party member
*/

return (!IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA) || (GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) != 4));
}

To be honest I never thought a script existed that would check appearances from the 2DA. But whatever, It works, that's one bug marked off the list. :P

I'm still thinking on how to solve this...
Just got to Lehon.

Bastilla has been changed into Matilda.

Edit: Torture scene. Bastilla gone.

Ebon Hawk after Matilda gone.
It's something I completely forgot during development. The torture scene that occurs before you come across the Star Forge that shows Malak and Bastila... (Stunt_18) It adds Bastila to your party again (Which with the mod would be the party member), and then removes her again at the end of the scene (Which would mean the party member is removed)...

Still it's not as bad as it sounds, whilst it removes Matilda from the party member selection screen, it doesn't mean the sequence involving her on the top of the unknown temple is thus impossible to trigger. Still is currently on the top of the fix list.

So far I tried equipping the Party Member during the beginning of that scene a .uti that changes the appearance to Bastila using a disguise effect, but it doesn't seem to work when equipped during cutscenes... only during gameplay.

Darth_Eradycus
09-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm having a problem on the Orion. After I kill Daemon Drexl, I can't leave the escape pod room. The door is the only thing that is selectable and it's locked. Did something misfire during the scene? Or am I missing something? (playing the Darkside play-thru)

jedi7000nathan
09-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm having a problem on the Orion. After I kill Daemon Drexl, I can't leave the escape pod room. The door is the only thing that is selectable and it's locked. Did something misfire during the scene? Or am I missing something? (playing the Darkside play-thru)
have you recruited matilda?

RoyalBlue
09-22-2007, 12:07 AM
#1 occurs only in the supplied save, because that save was created whilst the mod was still in development, and draws upon outdated scripts that since been altered for the final version. If you were to play the quest on a new game, that wouldn't happen.

Sorry but that is not the case, I found this while I was playing through it with my own character. Also, if you click on him, he will warp you back to the ship, with some guy named Dorak and Daemon in your room, along with Mec han'ic. I know it's not that big a deal, just thought you might want to know. Also, I know this must be hard on you, all these people complaining to you, so maybe take a small holiday or something to cool off.

darthcarth
09-22-2007, 12:23 AM
I am having a bug when i go to the final battle with the shadow guy i beat all of his clones and then he starts to let me go then he says i cant defeat my self, and then attacks me but he only does one attack and i cant attack him. I then cant go anywhere in the story as i am stuck in that module.

Darth_Eradycus
09-22-2007, 12:45 AM
have you recruited matilda?
It was before that, when you initially fight Daemon. I actually killed him, and it didn't cut to the dialogue. I re-loaded a previous save and it worked. So, I think it just mis-fired the convo. Thanks anyway.

BTW: Silveredge, This Mod is awesome!! Just as good, if not better than the original game! Makes the game even better and gives it more of a replay value. Thanks a ton for this bad-assery! :guitar2 :3pdance:

jedi7000nathan
09-22-2007, 01:27 AM
bug can't get the jedi masters dark side cutscene to start

sekan
09-22-2007, 03:44 AM
I am having a bug when i go to the final battle with the shadow guy i beat all of his clones and then he starts to let me go then he says i cant defeat my self, and then attacks me but he only does one attack and i cant attack him. I then cant go anywhere in the story as i am stuck in that module.

I had the same bug. Try to play that scene again and it should work.

BigMike322
09-22-2007, 12:02 PM
This looks awesome. I am currently playing through a light side game. I will install it when I get home.

darthcarth
09-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I had the same bug. Try to play that scene again and it should work.

I did three times and i get samething every time and it is quite annoying since i cant skip any of the diologe.

Gargoyle King
09-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Looks great Silveredge, i've yet to play it because i'm awaiting for some of the bugs to be kinked out until i try it. Just a few queries, on the Endar Spire modules you used i noticed that the texture outside the ship seems to be the same, as seen in this screenshot:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/723/17018669ya0.jpg

Does this mean the ship still shakes with explosions from attacking Sith fighters and can you still see Taris outside the Bridge window? It's not really that bad, just a bit weird IMO (unless the ship is actually situated by Taris, like i said i've yet to play the mod and so wouldn't know this). Also since the ship is a trader ship is not a Republic Ship (correct me if i'm wrong) then maybe a good suggestion would be to make a slight reskin of the modules to give them some distinction from the Endar Spire?

Silveredge9
09-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Looks great Silveredge, i've yet to play it because i'm awaiting for some of the bugs to be kinked out until i try it. Just a few queries, on the Endar Spire modules you used i noticed that the texture outside the ship seems to be the same, as seen in this screenshot:

Does this mean the ship still shakes with explosions from attacking Sith fighters and can you still see Taris outside the Bridge window? It's not really that bad, just a bit weird IMO (unless the ship is actually situated by Taris, like i said i've yet to play the mod and so wouldn't know this). Also since the ship is a trader ship is not a Republic Ship (correct me if i'm wrong) then maybe a good suggestion would be to make a slight reskin of the modules to give them some distinction from the Endar Spire?
No, the ship doesn't shake or anything, neither do any explosions happen. Theres just the fact that you can see taris outside the window. I wasn't sure how I would change it at the time, so I left it.

And the fact that it's a Republic ship, yet used as a traders ship is intentional. :)

bug can't get the jedi masters dark side cutscene to start
I have no idea why the scene doesn't start... There were never any bugs nor the odd misfired script at all when I tested it prior to release. Where exactly does it 'cut off'?

Darth Balor
09-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I completed the prologe quest and left the korriban cantina, I went back in to to see Yuthura, and the rodian is back, I talked to him and he wants to begin the quest again!
After defeating the leviethan I headed to Tatoine to meet the bith, and he wasn't THERE!

HELP me please!

Miltiades
09-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Played the prologue part. So far, so good. Oh yeah, I noticed you spell "Wookiee" as "Wookie". Just a small spelling error. And no bugs to report at the moment here.

Edit: As Darth Balor said, the Rodian is back on Korriban, even after you've done his quest. I assume you've used the On_Enter script for the module. That'd be why he keeps showing up every time you enter that specific module. Another thing I have noticed is that Bastila can come with you on Korriban, while normally you can't select her.

Wedge Suron
09-23-2007, 09:29 AM
She can?

BigMike322
09-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Does this mod interfere with the Bastila's Mother Quest? Everytime I land on Tatooine I talk to the Twilek, then the Bith who says she's in the cantina. I go in the cantina and she is not there. I've done everything there is to do on Tatooine and she's still not there.

Wedge Suron
09-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I think that it is a normal glitch.

BigMike322
09-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Do you know how to fix it? I had just played through Tatooine a few days ago and it worked fine. I did a search but I couldn't find a patch, other than the official lucasarts patch that I already have.

Marius Fett
09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I Just Played Through The Brotherhood of Shadow And It Was Brilliant!
All The Time Effort And Work Silveredge put Into This Mod Is Highly Appreciated By The Whole of The Modding Community.

I Thought i'dPost This Thread Just To Show My Appreciation For The Work He Has Done.

Well Done Silveredge! :twogun:

Ferc Kast
09-23-2007, 11:49 AM
I can't seem to find the Orion's mechanic; Where might I find the mechanic?

sekan
09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I can't seem to find the Orion's mechanic; Where might I find the mechanic?

In the beginning of the ship you will find him.

Miltiades
09-23-2007, 12:32 PM
As Darth Balor said, the Rodian is back on Korriban, even after you've done his quest. I assume you've used the On_Enter script for the module. That'd be why he keeps showing up every time you enter that specific module.

This has got some other side-effects, I've noticed. After completing the Tomb of Naga Sadow and returning to Dreshdae, Yuthura Ban is in the Cantina again, in her usual spot, asking if you're ready to go to the Academy. More so, Dak Vesser doesn't appear in the Cantina after talking to Juhani.

Silveredge9
09-23-2007, 01:05 PM
The standard OnEnter scripts for each module still run, just through script injection (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=137370). So none of these possible side effects should be capable of happening as a far as I can see.

BigMike322
09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Nevermind about the Bastila's Mother glitch, I found a mod that fixes it.

stoffe
09-23-2007, 01:19 PM
The standard OnEnter scripts for each module still run, just through script injection (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=137370). So none of these possible side effects should be capable of happening as a far as I can see.

I remember noticing a while ago that ExecuteScript() is not entirely reliable and might not fire the script under some circumstances. I can't remember exactly in what occasions it failed to work properly, but you might want to double-check that the executed scripts are actually run in all instances you use it to run displaced standard game scripts. :)

As for the near-endgame cutscenes with Bastila, as you describe it the easiest way around it is likely to change the cutscene scripts not to put Bastila back in the party table. I can't think of any situation where using the party table would really be required and couldn't be worked around. Also, any scripts that use GetObjectByTag("Bastila") where both Bastila and your NPC might be present would require additional checks to ensure you get the correct object, and continue iterate though objects until you do. (The second optional parameter to the GetObjectByTag() can be used to iterate through all objects in the area that share the same tag.)

Silveredge9
09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry but that is not the case, I found this while I was playing through it with my own character. Also, if you click on him, he will warp you back to the ship, with some guy named Dorak and Daemon in your room, along with Mec han'ic. I know it's not that big a deal, just thought you might want to know. Also, I know this must be hard on you, all these people complaining to you, so maybe take a small holiday or something to cool off.
I've fixed this for the next Patch. So hopefully you should never see him again after the main Brotherhood of Shadow quest is completed. :P

I completed the prologe quest and left the korriban cantina, I went back in to to see Yuthura, and the rodian is back, I talked to him and he wants to begin the quest again!
After defeating the leviethan I headed to Tatoine to meet the bith, and he wasn't THERE!

HELP me please!
The fact that the Cantina guy is missing is because you talked to Drix Keliwt again after his associated quest was over. Which basically reset the whole quest.

This is another fix that is included in the next patch.

And in some cases, where dialogue may not occur, it could be due to a misfired script. Stuff like this may happen from time to time, my advice to report it so I can review the script (To see if or not it's a genuine bug, or a misfired script) and then restart that particular bit from an earlier autosave or save.

As for the near-endgame cutscenes with Bastila, as you describe it the easiest way around it is likely to change the cutscene scripts not to put Bastila back in the party table. I can't think of any situation where that would really be required and couldn't be worked around. Also, any scripts that use GetObjectByTag("Bastila") where both Bastila and your NPC might be present would require additional checks to ensure you get the correct object, and continue iterate though objects until you do. (The second optional parameter to the GetObjectByTag() can be used to iterate through all objects in the area that share the same tag.)
Other then then that particular cutscene, I can't think of any other examples where both the party member and Bastila would be present where they would be treated by the game as if they were both party members in the same slot.

This is something I'll have to work on...

Hawkstrong16
09-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I can't wait to play it! although I'm gonna have to Install Kotor 1 for this.

Wedge Suron
09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Silveredge

Could you have a dark side placing for Matilda as well.

Silveredge9
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Silveredge

Could you have a dark side placing for Matilda as well.
What exactly do you mean by a "dark side placing"?

Darth Balor
09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
For if you choose darkside at the temple summit. But, yes he already did.

I noticed a few thing:

1. Drix is transparent.
2. Sera Degana says "My, lady..." even if you are male after completing her task on the orion.

Miltiades
09-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I've played through the main part of the BoS mod, and it's really amazing. Great job. I've encountered some bugs, I'll try to remember them all (btw, this can contain spoilers, so beware!).

On the Orion:
Sera Degana is mentioned as Channa Mai in the journal and called as such by the Mechanic when he talks to the Captain of the ship.
Playing as male, hearing Degana say "My Lady?" was quite... disturbing.
Just before confronting Daemon Drexel, another group of Exchange thugs attack you. One Exchange thug remains friendly and is actually helping you in that particular fight.
In the "Trap to capture Revan" vision
After you've defeated Bastila, the dialog doesn't start directly. I don't know if this is supposed to be so, if it's possible to open the door that lead away from the Bridge, as I haven't pursued that possibility.

In the "Shadow" Jedi Enclave:
After you defeat the dozen Brothers of Shadow, the one remaining sometimes doesn't change into Darth Revan. You can't trigger any dialog, and exploring the Enclave was obviously not part of the "trial".

General:
Few returning spelling errors, such as "vessel" and "planetary", and a few more. Also, the lack of punctuation (especially when addressing the players name) is apparent in most dialog.

I may have missed one or two, but these were the prominent ones I've encountered.

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Was the patch removed from kotorfiles?

Darth Balor
09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
No, it was orginally placed in the TSL section. Shem removed it and put it back up under KotOR. Silveredge9 hasn't updated the link yet.
Link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83032

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Ahhh. I see. Thank you Balor.

Darth Balor
09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
New patch has become available:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83141

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
^_^ Thanks again.

Shadow51689
09-25-2007, 05:49 AM
I've just completed a new game with the Brotherhood of Shadow mod. Wow... where to begin? First off, this is some amazing work! I love all the new content, especially the recreations of Revan's past! (And a note, there may be spoilers for those who haven't tried the mod yet)

I managed to play through both the prologue quest and the main quest (and finish the game) without any major problems. Most of the minor problems I encoutered have already been posted (I also posted on the Filefront comment section, which you've already read).

First off the positive:
Pretty much everything is very impressive! The quests are not too easy, nor too difficult. The rewards - You get a fair amount of new toys (I love the Mandalorian Wars robes!), but not too much like many other mods, which I think is important. The scripting/cutscenes and such are very well done. I also caught the Star Wars movie references.

Matilda is awesome! I like the Shadow of Revan concept, and all she has to say to you. She sort of reminds me of Visas from TSL, but much, much more interesting (and useful! Nice starting stats). Though I am a bit confused by the Unknown World dialogues. If Channa Mai was to bring back the Sith Assassins, what is to become of her?

A couple of other things...

Why are there Rakatan droids aboard the Orion? Are they just there to foreshadow the 'Merchandise', being... well, what it is?

Is Walon Vau actually meant to sell anything?

Do we ever find out who the "One Legged Wookiee" is exactly? (Or did I miss something?)

I also had problems with Helana not showing up in the Tatooine Cantina. (But I was trying out a mod that alters Helana's appearance)
(End Spoilers)

I think the dialogue and story development is the best part, but I do suggest you make the dialogue skippable - not everyone reads at the same speed, usually by the time I've read the dialogue, the character continues to speak for quite some time.

Finally, I have to thank you for listening to all of our feedback and releasing prompt fixes! Believe me, I know how it feels to finally finish a long project - you naturally want nothing to do with it for a while. But you've definitely been working out the bugs!

Wacky Jack
09-25-2007, 06:52 AM
i'm having a bit of a problem
after i finish the quest for Drix and talk to him for the second time, it won't let the convo finish...it cuts away and he fades out and my journal doesn't update...any help here would be hot

Arátoeldar
09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
New patch has become available:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83141

Thank you gentlemen for all of your hard work.

Lucied
09-25-2007, 10:26 AM
for some reason bastila's mother wont show up any ideas how to fix this?

Hive
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Do we ever find out who the "One Legged Wookiee" is exactly? (Or did I miss something?)

I may be wrong, but it's my impression that it's just a weird (very weird, actually - how and why this name come into existence? :s) for SPOILER WARNING:

Atris. Speaking of which, I find it pretty weird that they are travelling to Telos to meet her, given that it recently had its entire surface destroyed and given that noone supposedly knew that Atris was there...

Wedge Suron
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
She didn't go to telos till after Katarr

Silveredge9
09-25-2007, 02:38 PM
If Channa Mai was to bring back the Sith Assassins, what is to become of her?

A couple of other things...

Why are there Rakatan droids aboard the Orion? Are they just there to foreshadow the 'Merchandise', being... well, what it is?

Is Walon Vau actually meant to sell anything?

I also had problems with Helana not showing up in the Tatooine Cantina. (But I was trying out a mod that alters Helana's appearance)
(End Spoilers)

I think the dialogue and story development is the best part, but I do suggest you make the dialogue skippable - not everyone reads at the same speed, usually by the time I've read the dialogue, the character continues to speak for quite some time.
- The droid on the Orion being the same appearance as the droid in the vision is just purely coincidence. And the fact that the 2 modules were essentially created within about a year apart from each other.

- Channa Mai revives what will essentially become the assassination force that eventually Darth Sion will command in KOTOR2. And what of Channa Mai? That's for you to decide, in your own continuity of the KOTOR universe.

- Walon Vau wasn't a salesman, just a polite Mandalorian. :P

- The thing with the "One Legged Wookie" was an idea that I didn't really have time to develop. But the clues within the mod do indeed point towards Atris... (And I am very much aware of how much that may conflict with the actual continuity, I just didn't research it at the time... )

I'll try to get more bug fixing this week, but due to the fact I have just recently started University, my schedule is somewhat limited...

But I can confirm now that the dialogue will remain unskippable, because otherwise it would allow the user to skip all sorts of important procedures. I'm aware that there are ways to make certain parts of dialogue skippable and unskippable using scripting, I tried these during development but could never get them to work.

Miltiades
09-25-2007, 02:49 PM
But I can confirm now that the dialogue will remain unskippable, because otherwise it would allow the user to skip all sorts of important procedures. I'm aware that there are ways to make certain parts of dialogue skippable and unskippable using scripting, I tried these during development but could never get them to work.

As far as I know, every dialog node has the option of the line to be unskippable. You'd make the lines you want to be unskippable, while other lines in the same dialog skippable.

Silveredge9
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
As far as I know, every dialog node has the option of the line to be unskippable. You'd make the lines you want to be unskippable, while other lines in the same dialog skippable.
Unfortunately that's a feature that's only present in KOTOR2.

UPDATE:
For those who are experiencing the "disappearing Drix" bug. That's a bug that does indeed exist. It will be fixed in the next patch, along with other issues.

Though due to the severity of the bug, I've uploaded a temperary fix available for download from rapidshare...

Drix bug Fix (http://rapidshare.com/files/58236666/drix_fix.rar.html)

Put those files into your Override folder, and it should work.

MetalMark
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
While using this mod I found two bugs.

1: Bastila's mother isn't in the cantina

2: After meeting the guy on Tatooine I go back to the rodian on Korriban and when talking too him he suddenly dissapears. Or is the fix in your last post the fix for that problem?

Silveredge9
09-26-2007, 01:14 PM
While using this mod I found two bugs.

1: Bastila's mother isn't in the cantina

2: After meeting the guy on Tatooine I go back to the rodian on Korriban and when talking too him he suddenly dissapears. Or is the fix in your last post the fix for that problem?
1: It's already been reported. And hopefully I can figure out a solution to that and a number of problems for the next patch.

2: Thats a fix yes, the fix will be also included in the next patch.

Darth Balor
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I never EVER got the Helena appearing bug, install brotherhood after you install the bastilla romance fix and your problems are solved.

BTW, Wonderfull mod Silver.

Are you sure you aren't one of the story writers for the orginal game who had an idea for part of the story but it got scrapped, then you decided to mod the story in for us?

MetalMark
09-26-2007, 03:31 PM
The fix works.
Now on Tatooine the Bith says I need to center myself before he gives me a quest. Does he means I need a higher level or is it planet based or is it based on another quests etc. etc.

To make it short, what does he mean with it?

GameGeeks
09-26-2007, 05:45 PM
dled it having a few mods clashing so im gonna have to revert to a back up override folder before i can try it since i had problems with the save means i get to spend another hour looking and dling mods yeah me :P

Hawkstrong16
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
First off.......wow. This is some amazing work!
The only problems with it have already been posted so I wont list them.

But I think that you need to make it so you can skip all the dialog.

Wacky Jack
09-27-2007, 03:01 AM
The fix works.
Now on Tatooine the Bith says I need to center myself before he gives me a quest. Does he means I need a higher level or is it planet based or is it based on another quests etc. etc.

To make it short, what does he mean with it?
he means that you have to wait until you finish the Leviathan

Silveredge9
09-27-2007, 05:54 AM
For future bug reports, please you this format. It's so I know exactly where the bug occurs, and thus it allows me to hopefully fix it more easily.

Area: (As in, the Orion or the Great White Void)
Problem: (What the bug is, what is happening that you think shouldn't happen)
Point: (Which point does the bug occur, more specifically after which line of dialogue)

(I also discovered that the script responsible for spawning the Contact, and then running the standard onenter script for the Tattooine cantina is slightly glitched. Hence all the problems everyone has been having. A fix will be provided in the next patch released today.)

GameGeeks
09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
lol yeah tested your armlet and thought you might want to put a limit to the # spawned at a time since i clicked it 20 times and had my own army (was butt naked when i went into battle since i didn't have to do anything)

MetalMark
09-28-2007, 10:00 AM
The new patch is up:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83221

Bastila's mother still isn't there. I'm finding it rather odd since I can't think of a file that could cause it.

Silveredge9
09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Bastila's mother still isn't there. I'm finding it rather odd since I can't think of a file that could cause it.
It might not take effect on the same file that you used when Bastila's mother wasn't there, KOTOR is weird like that. Have you tried loading a save before the Bastila mother quest? To test it then?

And if this patch hasn't fixed it, I don't know what will. I can see no other feasible method then the ExecuteScript way to make NPC's appear in existing modules. :/

MetalMark
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I use a save where I'm on Korriban and just talked to the rodian. When I get to Tatooine the Twi'lek comes and says Bastila's mother is in the cantina. When I enter the cantina she isn't there.

Darth Balor
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Install the bastilla Romance enhancement mod, it fixes that.

MetalMark
09-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Where can I get that mod, I searched for it and couldn't find it.
Or do you mean the mod where the kiss is added, if so I already use that mod.

Darth Balor
09-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Not that one, search "bastilla" on kotor files.

MetalMark
09-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't know what I did wrong, but now Helena and the Bith are not appearing.

EDIT: After deleting everything in my override and installing everything again it fanally works. Thanks for the help Silveregde and Balor.

lordofmalachor
09-29-2007, 05:10 PM
played it through twice. love it.
new loaders pretty cool, too.

Illuminatus
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Wow. If only the people that wrote the barely acceptable story of TSL had you! This mod was great for several reasons: Huge usage of special effects! (I'm a filmmaker, so I naturally love that) Great story, it was mysterious, chilling, but not with so many information holes that it was impossible to understand what was going on like TSL. This is a definite keeper in my override folder! I do have a few questions though, and if they've already been answered, forgive me, because I don't exactly have time to read through 120+ posts. Here are my questions:
1. I can't make the Armlet of Fiends work. It doesn't appear in the armband action menu. Does the patch fix this?
2. What files would I remove to keep the style of Revan Robes obtained on the Star Forge? The Cutscene robes are okay for the talking parts of the story, but not the fighting.
Great work, Silveredge9, and may the Force be with you!

Silveredge9
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Wow. If only the people that wrote the barely acceptable story of TSL had you! This mod was great for several reasons: Huge usage of special effects! (I'm a filmmaker, so I naturally love that) Great story, it was mysterious, chilling, but not with so many information holes that it was impossible to understand what was going on like TSL. This is a definite keeper in my override folder! I do have a few questions though, and if they've already been answered, forgive me, because I don't exactly have time to read through 120+ posts. Here are my questions:
1. I can't make the Armlet of Fiends work. It doesn't appear in the armband action menu. Does the patch fix this?
2. What files would I remove to keep the style of Revan Robes obtained on the Star Forge? The Cutscene robes are okay for the talking parts of the story, but not the fighting.
Great work, Silveredge9, and may the Force be with you!

The Armlet of Fiends should work regardless. Perhaps something in your override folder is causing compatibility problems?

And due to the nature of how KOTOR is set up internally, you wouldn't be able to have the Cutscene Revan robes and the Normal Revan Robes both at the same time (Without overriding something else).

Wow. If only the people that wrote the barely acceptable story of TSL had you! This mod was great for several reasons: Huge usage of special effects!It's quite ironic that you say that, because the Brotherhood of Shadow is based upon K2's style of storytelling. :P

Lucied
09-30-2007, 09:55 AM
silver i dont know if this was intentional is matilda supposed to replace bastila in EVERY aspect? because i have just went to the unknown world, and well this is what i saw,

(imageshack isint workingright now but, its replaced her during the torture cutscene when you head to the unknown world )

and also she is gone and i cannot use her,

Darth Balor
09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
That's a bug he is still trying to fix.

Illuminatus
09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
The Armlet of Fiends should work regardless. Perhaps something in your override folder is causing compatibility problems?

And due to the nature of how KOTOR is set up internally, you wouldn't be able to have the Cutscene Revan robes and the Normal Revan Robes both at the same time (Without overriding something else).

It's quite ironic that you say that, because the Brotherhood of Shadow is based upon K2's style of storytelling. :P

Well, style maybe, but still, it was a good story. The characters were believable. My party members in TSL just seem so shallow compared to K1... I don't know why.

My question was not whether I could have both robes at once, but what I would remove from my override to just have the in game robes. Revan's robes seem to work differently than other models, otherwise I could do this myself. I did say that kind of ambiguously, though.
Last question, what mods would cause compatability issues? I have the All In One Force Powers Mod, the Super Skip Taris mod, Easy Swoop Racing, and the Enhanced Jedi Robes Mod, and of course the Brotherhood of Shadow and it's latest patch.
Great work, regardless, Silveredge. This was a fun and logical extension to the Kotor storyline, and man, what a ride!
Thanks,
Illuminatus

el Crawler
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Well worth the download. Kudos.

Silveredge9
10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm including a fix in the next patch that will add Matilda back into your party upon arrival on the Unknown world. Although you will have to level her back up.

Bastila will still be replaced by Matilda in the torture scene though. I've still having difficulties trying to figure out how I can solve this.

object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");

effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_P_BASTILLA);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg, oNPC);
I've been using this script to change the appearance of Matilda in that scene back to Bastila. The script works, but it warps her next to the off screen PC. Which leaves Malak talking to thin air. :/

I've also been looking into finding out the problem that's causing the bug which essentially halts any progress within the mod. The one where the Sith Guy 'force jumps' to your location after you defeat him and his clones.

I can't recreate this bug myself, but I've been working with someone who is. The cause of the problem hasn't been found so far, hopefully that will change.

And for those still experiencing the bug that stops Helena from spawning in the cantina. You can, if you really want to progress in that quest, delete the file "k_ptat17af_enter.ncs" from the override folder temporarily until you complete it.

lordofmalachor
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
glad to see the mods doing good!

MetalMark
10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
I just played trough the mod. Very well done kudos for that. There are still some grammar errors, but nothing big. Though I think there is a problem with your Revan robe. When I select it in the inventory my game freezes.

Also for everybody who doesn't know who the One-Legged Wookie is think. Maybe who I think it is, isn't the One-Legged Wookie but it does hint in that persons direction alot.

Archonon
10-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi Silveredge, I've been reading nothing except wonderful things from this mod so I am very interested in trying it.

Unfortunately I use a custom HK-47, many of the MECK mods (Jabba, clonetroppers, etc), and several others which already alter virtually every 2da I have; head, appearance, spells, etc.

Much to my suspected dread, when I downloaded this mod and the latest patch I saw that of course these files were modified here also and of course makes it completely incompatible unless I merge everything by hand.

I saw the change.ini in the mod, is this the list of changes? Cause I could hardly make heards or tails out of it. If not, is there a place with the list of changes?

Or is playing this a completely lost cost for me?

Thanks

Omega_Novae
10-04-2007, 08:39 PM
TSLPatcher does the work of editing the 2da files.

Archonon
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks Omega, I have to check it out and learn to use it. But wouldn't I also need to learn what entries are the new ones?

I don't even know all the things MECK changed, I just use their 2das and changed the entries in the appearance.2da for HK so the new rusted and battered textures would appear. So I have no clue what was original and what is MECK...

I'll check out the patcher though.

Silveredge9
10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
The patcher comes with the mod. You just click install and it should do all the alterations to the necessary 2da files automatically.

e1usion
10-05-2007, 12:03 AM
The patcher comes with the mod. You just click install and it should do all the alterations to the necessary 2da files automatically.

I found that I needed to manually edit the character utc files as they refer to particular lines in appearance.2da file but other than that, this mod worked fine with all of the others I have installed.

One small thing though, I have Redhawke's ORD Mandell mod installed and Drix spawns in the cantina there for some reason.

Good work on this mod.

e1usion

Archonon
10-05-2007, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

But that kind of replacement is precisely the problem I may have to avoid, because your mod might have changed something one of my other mods changed also and then all will end up broken.

I have a lot of custom stuff in there from new heads for the PC I extracted from Insidious Plot, movie jedi robes and sabers, clonetroopers replacing republic soldiers, Jango Fett's armor and helmet, Bastila romance fix, HK-47 texture replacer, Ord Mantell, Jabba's Palace, Revan's robe fix; like I said a lot of crap. I don't think I can just replace the stuff with the patcher without problems, unless all of your new content is just adding things that weren't ingame before; if they replace anything from vanilla KotOR I would have to make sure it wasn't something already changed by something else.

This was what I wanted to check before attempting an install and looks like it would be complicated to join, I appreciate all the responses. Thanks again.

Master Shake
10-05-2007, 02:39 AM
dont install this mod if you have jabbas pallace because i did yeterday and a whole bunch of the characters from this mod appeared headless and matilda had boba fetts armor

Darth Balor
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
even with no other mods installed, 3 of the orion exchange soldiers were headless.

MetalMark
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
even with no other mods installed, 3 of the orion exchange soldiers were headless.

For me everybody has got heads. I also use other mods, but none of those mods share files with the Brotherhood of Shadow.

Archonon
10-05-2007, 06:03 PM
dont install this mod if you have jabbas pallace because i did yeterday and a whole bunch of the characters from this mod appeared headless and matilda had boba fetts armor

Thanks for the warning, a mod of this size would undoubtedly change something another mod equally big had changed also.

For the MECK projects I have: Ord Mantell, Jabba's Palace, Clonetroopers and the PC heads I extracted from Insidious Plot; I was very fortunate that since it was made by the same team of people, they made all their 2das compatible with each other. So basically I didn't have to edit anything, I would just replace an older 2da with the newer one. Most of the other mods I have don't require 2da editing, they don't bring new 2das at all; that's why I chose them because editing 2das is a huge headache.

I know next to nothing about KotOR modding but what would make sense to me about the Jabba issue is this: Jabba has npcs which use custom textures or something, when you replace the ingame 2da that had Jabba's settings with Brotherhood's 2da you probably don't have some of the custom changes from Jabba's 2da and thus the custom content no longer registers and presto headless npcs or things missing. This isn't terminal of course, you just have to find all the custom entries in Jabba's 2da files and add them to the one you now are using from Brotherhood or vice versa. This is an issue I will have to deal with again when the Coruscant mod comes out, thankfully Coola told me he will add files that specify where the changes are so I can make the new additions manually into my existing game.

Now the character with the Fett armor is a different story, that means both mods changed the same character with custom settings. Meaning no matter what, neither will look exactly as intended. This is the problem I feared most, because it means there are incompatibilities between the two; who knows how many of the same settings are changed and the extent of the incompatibility.

D. Balor, if you have no other mods and have headless npcs it sounds to me like some entries weren't made into the 2das. Do you install the 2das the mod brings and put them in your override? Or did you use the patcher to combine the new 2das with the originals? If the new lines in the appearance.2da or heads.2das aren't placed, you'll get missing stuff ingame.

Silver I appreciate your patience and explanations, I realize you went through tremendous efforts to get this done and compatibility with other things is always something that's a bonus. Anyway just wanted to say that this mod does look like it's fantastic; I love the concept which brings meat to the characters, the further cinematic experiences that further the story and most of all the voiced dialogue which is rare. I don't think I'll be able to try this one, unless I reinstall everything and eliminate all my mods which I don't think I'll do, but it is precisely the kind of mods that keep KotOR going. So thanks again.

RedHawke
10-06-2007, 05:02 AM
For the MECK projects I have: Ord Mantell
For the record ORD Mandell has no affiliaions with the MECK project, we only cooperated to make things compatible between our mods. ;)

Overlord_88
10-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Can some 1 post a save after getting off the Orion, cos i talked to the bif at the Catina (Tatoine) again after i beat it and now I'm bak on the ship and the bridge is locked with all the characters in the room. EDIT: I suppose this is the side effect of the supplied save.

By the way theres a bug when u fight Matilda in the jedi academy, if you switch your robes to Darth Revan's armor during the fight then it removes Revan's armor instead of the Republic Crusader's robes.

Darth InSidious
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM
The problems in coming up with a review for this mod are first that there is nothing like it and of its standard in the whole of KotOR modding (that I am aware of), and second, that it is less an add-on, and more a film within the storyline of the game.

This is without doubt the greatest piece of KotOR modding I think I've seen. It is simply astounding. It's cinematic breadth of vision, complex and brilliant use of cameras, wonderful skinning (I especially liked Sin's Sith armour) and clever use of the resources available in the game are brilliant.

I would like to make one or two suggestions for improvement, if I may, however.

First, some of the dialogue, as has been mentioned, needs spell-checking (numerous instances of small mistakes like 'vessal' just detract from the immersiveness somewhat), and in a few places, perhaps a rewording should be considered.

Second, I think that while the musical stings for the Brotherhood work on the ship and in the Void, it would be more effective if the music cut off after the initial scene, and there was no music again afterwards. I felt that the ship in particular was much more creepy with just the whispering/howling sound effects, personally.

What I think is the greatest testament to this mod's brilliance, however, is that immediately afterwards, I wanted to play it again. :)

Barring, those few little things, this mod was almost perfect. 9.8/10. :)

@G_K: Fixed. Nitpicker :xp:

Gargoyle King
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I think that whle the musical stingsFirst, some of the dialogue, as has been mentioned, needs spell-checking (numerous instances of small mistakes like 'vessal' just detract from the immersiveness somewhat), and in a few places, perhaps a rewording should be considered.As should you DI! :lol: (joke)

DI is right, this has to be one of the greatest pieces of Kotor modding ever to grace this modding community, let's hope this inspires more ambitious projects down the pipeline! Apart from bugs etc. (which i know Silver is doing a great job at fixing) this fits so perfectly into the story so a definate 9.5/10 for me! Keep up the great modding Silveredge9! :thumbsup:

Silveredge9
10-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm aware of the many spelling mistakes that plague the mod. I would willingly fix them for the next patch, but the problem is I'm not exactly good at spotting mistakes (As the mod shows :P), and I want the job to be a well done one. :)

If someone would be willing to spend time going through the dialogue files one by one using dlgediter and list any mistakes you find into a Microsoft Word document or something, I would be very grateful.

Here is a list of all the dialogue files from each section of the mod. Use it as a checklist.

Task (Prologue Quest)
contact.dlg
daemon.dlg
daemonthug.dlg
drix.dlg

Ship (Orion Opening)
alienchatting.dlg
astro_dead.dlg
bridge.dlg
bridge_convo.dlg
bridge_guy.dlg
cage_guy.dlg
cage_guy2.dlg
cage_monster.dlg
captain.dlg
computer_area.dlg
computer_storage.dlg
cpu_guy.dlg
crewmember3.dlg
crewmember.dlg
daemon_ship.dlg
door_guy.dlg
door_opener.dlg
drix_ship2.dlg
drix_ship.dlg
droidparts.dlg
guard.dlg
jediguy.dlg
m4h4.dlg
mechanic2.dlg
mechanic.dlg
pazaak.dlg
protocol.dlg
sales_person.dlg
sales_person2.dlg
ship.dlg

Ship 2 (Repelling the Exchange's Attack)
contact_ship.dlg
daemon_ship2.dlg
daemon_ship.dlg
merc1.dlg
merc1b.dlg
merc6.dlg
merc6a.dlg
merc6b.dlg
merc6c.dlg
merc8.dlg

Ship 3 (Awakening after being knocked out)
door.dlg
merc_dead.dlg
ship3.dlg
sighting.dlg
sithghost5.dlg
sithghost.dlg

Ship 4 (Investigating what happened/entering the codes into the terminal)
artifact.dlg
astro.dlg
astro2.dlg
astro3.dlg
bridge_scene.dlg
computer_mech.dlg
computer_storage.dlg
crewmember3.dlg
fight_thing.dlg
hall_convo.dlg
mech_storage.dlg
ship4.dlg
sithghost5b.dlg
storage_opened.dlg

Ship 5 (The great white void)
daemon_artifact.dlg
ship5.dlg
sithghost5b.dlg

Vision 3 (Revan vision on the Ship)
opening.dlg
opening2.dlg
opening3.dlg
opening4.dlg
opening5.dlg
opening6.dlg
opening62.dlg
opening7.dlg
revan_bastila.dlg

Vision 1 (The end of the Brotherhood/Vision within the Jedi Academy)
opening.dlg
opening2.dlg
opening3.dlg
opening4.dlg

Ship 6 (Return to the Orion)
end.dlg
end2.dlg
mechanic2.dlg

Party Member
matilda.dlg
channaend.dlg

Vision 4 (Revan Vision, Recruitment for the War)
opening_vision4.dlg
vision4_end.dlg

Vision 5 (Revan Vision, The Dantooine Ruins)
door_end.dlg
old_droid.dlg
opening_vision5.dlg
vision_channa.dlg

There is lots of dialogue in the mod. But if you feel your up to the task, post a reply. Obviously you need to be a good speller, and you need some familiarity with dlgeditor, or another kotor dialogue editor.

When you've finished, email me the list of errors, and I can correct them for the next patch.

Also I'm aware that there are still a selection of bugs that lay unresolved within the mod. The ones I'm aware of, and by progress with fixing them is listed below.

Bug: Channa Mai replaces Bastila in the torture scene
Progress: I've spent many hours trying to figure out this one. I've come close on numerous occasions, but still, no fix. This one will remain unfixed for the time being unless my knowledge of KOTOR scripting suddenly jumps to super human (stoffe-like) levels. :P

Bug: Channa Mai is removed from the Party Member list upon arrival on the unknown world.
Progress: This one is tied to the previous bug, and when the previous bug is properly fixed, so will this one. But included in the next patch is a semi-fix that will at least allow you to retain Channa Mai in your party. I added a script that adds her back to your party if she was there before. But the catch is, you'll have to relevel her up to whatever level your PC is.

Bug: Dialogue suddenly stops after defeating the Shadow and his clones.
Progress: I have been unable to recreate this bug no matter how hard I try, so I've been working with someone trying to determine exactly what is causing this. Through tedious process of trial and error editing so far I haven't found the cause, but I'll keep looking. Though I'd like to note that he has a downloaded version of KOTOR, whilst mine is bought... Which makes me wonder if it's possible that the problem could stem from that. (People who are experiencing the bug, is you KOTOR version downloaded?)

Shadow51689
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm aware of the many spelling mistakes that plague the mod. I would willingly fix them for the next patch, but the problem is I'm not exactly good at spotting mistakes (As the mod shows :P), and I want the job to be a well done one. :)

I'd be willing to correct some of the dialogues. I've only modified TSL's dialogues so far, but KoTOR's should be essentially the same. I have some time to kill over the next few days anyway. I'm fairly good at spotting spelling errors and homonyms, but you may have to look elsewhere for precise grammar/punctuation. (I hate deciphering between dashes and semicolons lol).

I'm not familiar with module editing however - I assume that I would find the other .dlg files in the edited modules? (Besides the ones in Override I mean) and How would I extract them? PM me if you wish, or see my profile for contact info.

Omega_Novae
10-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I could help, too. Editing dlgs isn't too hard, and I'm good with spelling and grammar.

Sith Holocron
10-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I could help, too. Editing dlgs isn't too hard, and I'm good with spelling and grammar.

I'm already working on it. Seeing as I was one of the folks that was busting Silveredge's chops about the spelling that I should help with correcting the DLG files. I've already completed working on the DLG files for 2 of the MOD files.

Omega_Novae
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Just a question. If Daemon Drexel calls the player a human, what species is he?

DarthExile27
10-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to say great work on this mod SilverEdge, I was finally able to complete it. It makes KOTOR more complete in my opinion.

Once again excellent work. :thumbsup:

Silveredge9
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Sith holocon is working on the dialogue corrections. So there's no need to submit your offers to help. :)

kash
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I can get bastilas mother to show up but i get to the cave theres no bag with the holocron in it is there a way to fix this.

Lance Monance
10-11-2007, 05:10 AM
This is a truly brilliant mod. Best Kotor mod there is.

I experienced a few problems though, first of all, the npc in Korriban that starts the quest is a female untextured model without head. And there are similar problems with models through the entire mod, for example the mechanic on board of the Orion is a female Twilek.. with a deep obviously male voice.

I guess that's due to other mods I have installed. But there are so many.. perhaps you can help me out what it could be? :)

stoffe
10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I guess that's due to other mods I have installed. But there are so many.. perhaps you can help me out what it could be? :)

Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?

Master Zionosis
10-11-2007, 09:15 AM
This is a truly brilliant mod. Best Kotor mod there is.

I experienced a few problems though, first of all, the npc in Korriban that starts the quest is a female untextured model without head. And there are similar problems with models through the entire mod, for example the mechanic on board of the Orion is a female Twilek.. with a deep obviously male voice.

your problems are most likely coming from the appearance.2da file, if you have any other mods that use this file then it will cause problems as different mods can use the same slot in the appearance.2da file.

EDIT: DANGIT!! :headbump Stoffe beat me to it.

Meowster
10-11-2007, 09:16 PM
First off, Wow! One of the best mods I've ever played! I really like Matilda, and like listening to her conversations. The whole Orion ship was exhilerating, although..is that Mandolorian merchant supposed to sell you anything?

Either way, the only thing I had an issue with was the lack of 'skippable' dialogue.

10/10 :)

Silveredge9
10-12-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm going to be working on the Helena bug this weekend. I'm going to see if I can manually spawn her in the custom spawn script.

What would be a big help, would be if somebody could send me a save from just before the Bastilla's mother quest begins. :)

DarthSeverus
10-12-2007, 09:00 AM
An absolutely amazing mod Silveredge9, it was great fun to play through, you have done a brilliant job, well done!! As others have said, the best KOTOR mod I have played through, thanks for all your hard work. The only problems I have seem to be the same problem as Lance Monance above with the references in my apperance 2da from earlier mods, with some some characters appearing as white female bodies usaully without heads, and Matilda appears as a male player body without a head ;-), and the Brotherhood of Shadow appears in Revan's Redemption robes. But this was to be expected given all the other mods I have cultering up my override folder, and it didn't stop me playing through any of the story, so thanks again for the mod.

Shadow51689
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
One thing to keep in mind Silveredge9, there is a similar mod for people who had problems with Helena not showing up, which allowed you to spawn Helena in the Cantina via dialogue with an NPC in the cantina.

Simply spawning Helena, and talking with her with that fix, did not, however, spawn the Tattered Equipment pack in the Krayt Dragon cave. (And thus you wouldn't get the Holocron)

Just something I hope will help.

kash
10-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I am at the levaithan part of the game and in all cutscenes bastilas disappered what do i do to fix this.

Silveredge9
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
One thing to keep in mind Silveredge9, there is a similar mod for people who had problems with Helena not showing up, which allowed you to spawn Helena in the Cantina via dialogue with an NPC in the cantina.

Simply spawning Helena, and talking with her with that fix, did not, however, spawn the Tattered Equipment pack in the Krayt Dragon cave. (And thus you wouldn't get the Holocron)

Just something I hope will help.
The main thing that is causing all these problems concerning NPC's and/or Items not spawning isn't down to scripting errors on my part (At least I don't think so). But due to the lack of 'stability' with the ExecuteScript function (Which is used in scripts where a standard ingame area is altered) working correctly when you enter the areas.

The areas below run a custom script, which then after spawning the nessasary items/npc's on the map, runs the old OnEnter scripts through the ExecuteScript function.

- Korriban/Dreshdae (Spawns Drix Keliwt)
- Tatooine Cantina (Spawns the Contact, and causes Helena NOT to appear.)
- Eastern Dune Sea (Spawns the Moomo Brothers, and causes the Holocron not to spawn.)

I'm hoping to fix all these problems for good in the next patch. I'll have to manually spawn Bastila's Mother/Holocron in my custom spawn scripts, rather then relying on the ExecuteScript Function to run the original OnEnter scripts.

Though, I need a save. If someone is willing to send me one through email, the sooner I can get the update out. :/

Lance Monance
10-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?

My Override folder is a mess. Is there anything vital in the folder. If not I will just delete everything from it and reinstall the mod. :)

kash
10-13-2007, 12:38 PM
i have reached the part after i battle all the brother hood of the shadow copys but after he speaks and i answer he jumps over to me and nothing else happens he just stands there and i can just move around and the cutscene does not work.

kash
10-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Also i arrive on the unownworld matilda is no longer in my party is this surpose to happen and matildas sith unfirorm when she equips it is a republic soliders uniform i have no other mods installed what could be the problem.

Darth Balor
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Bastila will still be replaced by Matilda in the torture scene though. I've still having difficulties trying to figure out how I can solve this.

object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");

effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_P_BASTILLA);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg, oNPC);

You can just have TSLpatcher replace the modules .utc for bastilla with one with a custom bastilla appearence.

Silveredge9
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
The appearance for the Bastila NPC in that scene is already set to 'Party_NPC_Bastila', so technically it shouldn't change in the first place. If that's what you mean't?

Or are you suggesting that I could try creating a new row in appearance.2DA with the appearance of Bastila? If so, It's something I haven't thought of trying yet.

kash
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
After i leave the unownworld nothing happens and it is just a black screen and this is the only mod i have installed.

Meowster
10-15-2007, 01:35 AM
I've had some issue's with mod...

The Rodian whom you meet on Korriban looks like a red-haired woman in her underwear, and the Tech Duro looks like a Caucasian Twi'lek...
I'm pretty sure its a mod conflict wiith appearence.2da with the Holowan plugin, what exactly can I do to make the mod the way its meant, without removing the heads?

Shem
10-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Here is the lastest patch update.

Patch 1.04
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow;83645

kingoftheabyss
10-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi, My game has been freezing once I enter the shadowlands for the first time. I see 2 sith who have armor simular too Darth Bandon's but right after that it freezes. Wopuld something with this mod possibly be the cause of it?

Omega_Novae
10-15-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't think BoS has anything on Kashyyyk except Matilda's comments on it. You probably have an unfixed version of WotOR. Check its thread for a fix.

kingoftheabyss
10-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Thank you.. I put the files in my override and tried it again, but now he just stands there and i can't initiate the confrontation with him...Worst, I accidently saved over my previous save game and now i dont have one before that point

Simply put.....Am I screwed?

Omega_Novae
10-16-2007, 12:55 AM
If you really really really want to fight him, then you are. But the only thing is that you don't get to fight the badly-named Darth.

kingoftheabyss
10-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Well not really, I just dont want this to destroy any chance of finishing the game...I can cheat the items that I would normally get after defeating him...Besides the lightsaber, is there any new items you would get from him from WOTOR

Omega_Novae
10-16-2007, 01:01 AM
I think these questions would better fit in the WotOR thread, so you should go ask them there.

Sith Holocron
10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
As a person that tried to make the mod grammatically correct, I was wondering what the opinion was of the mod using the most recent patch.

TheFrisk
10-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I have a question about this mod.
I am in the white prison and I have no idea how to get out,any advice?

Omega_Novae
10-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Talk to Daemon Drexel.

TheFrisk
10-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I spoke to him already,and someone else appeared and said something,and then disappeared. Now Daemon is just standing there and it won't let me talk to him.

When I talk to Daemon it just says Silence on the top of my screen,and the guy who talked before was Brother of Shadow.

Omega_Novae
10-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Strange. You're supposed to warp to another module at that point.

TheFrisk
10-20-2007, 04:24 PM
My journal says i should investigate the surroundings and try to find a way out,did I miss something?

Revan_Pwn_Malak
10-20-2007, 08:01 PM
So I finally have a free weekend of no studying for mid-terms, writing essays, etc. and decided to finally get to playing this mod. I installed BoS and patch 1.03 (just found patch 1.04 when I came to post this), but when I arrived at Korriban Drix isn't there. Am I forgetting to do something?

HdVaderII
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Im running a mac, and can't use the "install.exe". Is there any way i can install it without the install exe?
Or the tsl patcher? I don't have any mods in.

Omega_Novae
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
I think you can just copy all the files in the tslpatchdata folder into your Override folder, since you don't have any other mods.

RedHawke
10-22-2007, 06:55 AM
I think you can just copy all the files in the tslpatchdata folder into your Override folder, since you don't have any other mods.
Unfortunately this method doesn't work if any scripts/2da file compiling/editing are needed for the mod as the edits are not done if you just copy the files.

Ztalker
10-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Excellent Mod...only played the 'prologue' though. It really blends well with the original Kotor storyline. No bus or whatsoever yet. Excellent! :D

Can't wait for the main quest....

correllian_thug
10-23-2007, 05:26 AM
An error occured! Specified file was a 2da but not in binary format.
That format is un handled at this time. unable to load. (2DA-1)

correllian_thug
10-23-2007, 05:28 AM
i downloaded this mod but i can't play it, when using the tsl patcher i get this error:

"An error occured! Specified file was a 2da but not in binary format.
That format is un handled at this time. unable to load. (2DA-1)"

then when i go to play, drix is invisible, i can still click to start the conversation but as soon as i do so the game freezes.

(sorry for the double post i seem to have posted the message before i was done, thought cancelling would prevent it)

Silveredge9
10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Im running a mac, and can't use the "install.exe". Is there any way i can install it without the install exe?
Or the tsl patcher? I don't have any mods in.
Download the Mod itself, then copy all the files in the Tsl Patcher Folder located within the package into your Override folder.

Next download the latest patch (1.04), copy the contents of it's Tsl Patcher folder into your override.

Finally, download the contents of this file (Which is a collection of the files that would be created though through running the .exe on a PC) and unzip them into your override folder.

Mac Files (http://rapidshare.com/files/64598038/Mac_Files.rar.html)

And unless I've missed anything, it should then work.

So I finally have a free weekend of no studying for mid-terms, writing essays, etc. and decided to finally get to playing this mod. I installed BoS and patch 1.03 (just found patch 1.04 when I came to post this), but when I arrived at Korriban Drix isn't there. Am I forgetting to do something?
Was that the first time you arrived at Korriban? Are you sure you haven't been looking in the wrong place? Maybe something is conflicting?

Quatra
10-23-2007, 09:19 PM
I have one problem, maybe it's already answered but i'll post it again.

I create a new game, i finished tatooine, manaan and i went to korriban after. I saw drix but i can't move around him. I had to go back to tatooine to kill the guy then return to korriban. Is there a way to go around him? like teleporting?

I have another problem. I said drix to leave me alone then i went to leviathan and when i killed everyone in the bridge, the scene couldn't start.

correllian_thug
10-24-2007, 05:02 AM
for now i seem to have fixed my problem by making a new override folder with only this mod in it......

after the initial scare of not being able to run this mod no bug or spelling error is gonna be bad enough for me to bring up, you have made the game exciting again, i'll be going through so much of the game waiting till i get on the leviathan to get to the next part. brilliant work i applaude you!!

Silveredge9
10-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I have one problem, maybe it's already answered but i'll post it again.

I create a new game, i finished tatooine, manaan and i went to korriban after. I saw drix but i can't move around him. I had to go back to tatooine to kill the guy then return to korriban. Is there a way to go around him? like teleporting?

I have another problem. I said drix to leave me alone then i went to leviathan and when i killed everyone in the bridge, the scene couldn't start.
You mean he is blocking your path? I don't see how that would be possible, he's positioned against the wall. :P

Quatra
10-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I have a screen shot of drix. As you can see, he's using all the space so i can't move around him
http://fapomatic.com/thumbs/0742/kotor.jpg (http://fapomatic.com/show.php?loc=0742&f=kotor.jpg)

Silveredge9
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Your having appearance.2DA problems. What other mods do you have installed?

One solution right now is to delete the current appearance.2DA from your override folder and to reinstall the mod.

Ztalker
10-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Again, very good Mod. And nice to support and tinker with your mod after the release. :)

But I'd like to report the first problem I've encountered.

Place: Dantooine, the closed council chambers
Problem: After I beat them, one of them goes into meditation. After this, he attacks me once, and turns 'blue' (neutral/talkable/not attackable, etc).
He stands there, wounded, and unable to do anything. Then nothing happens.
I heared he is supposed to turn into Revan (ie: wear Revan's Robes). This doesn't happen.
Mods installed:Only the Brotherhood mod, and the Wotor (Weapons of Kotor) mod. The Wotor mod doe not change armors and robes, so it shouldn't conflict.
Additional: Weapons act strange in this area as well. If I equip a lightsaber, the beam isn't showed. For example, I equiped a second (?) Revan saber, and it didn't show the beam. The right hand saber did though.

I have no Revan robe mods or anything installed, or even downloaded.

Thanks in adcance

Edit: Never mind. The cuscene activated perfectly. Finished the mod. Really liked the cutscenes Matilda provided :)

HdVaderII
10-26-2007, 07:16 PM
its mac guy again. The mod is working fine until i get to the bith in the cantina. When it is loading to take me to his ship, the load bar starts, goes 1/8th of the way, and completely stops, leaving me stranded in the loading screen. Any idea about whats wrong? I did everything you told me to do to make it work on mac.
Help me Silveredge9. You are my only hope.

foliksta
10-28-2007, 06:26 AM
I have a problem. After the "credits" of the mod I return to the main menu, but the mechanic said that we are going to Tatooine, not to the menu :D

Zgred_2
10-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Very good mod, I really like and appreciate the work that went into it. Unfortunately, I have run into 2 problems/bugs, one game breaking.

1. A white square on the Galaxy Map (the mod is working on a clean version of KOTOR, I didn't want it to mix with my other mods, for now atleast.)
2. After the clone fight at the Academy, there is the whole dialogue with the defeated Brother of Shadows, he reveals his name, Revan takes a few steps, than the Brother turns on you once again. The cutscene breaks, the Brother makes one slash of flurry at me, not even damaging me, then goes back to being an unattackable npc with 1 hp. He doesn't respond and I can't get out and progress.

And yes I have tried reloading/going back to Autosave, the problem continues and I don't want to restart the whole mod, for now atleast.

I hope this helps for the next patch, can't wait to be able to finish this mod. I see it really is a piece of art, especially the scripting.

Silveredge9
10-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Very good mod, I really like and appreciate the work that went into it. Unfortunately, I have run into 2 problems/bugs, one game breaking.

1. A white square on the Galaxy Map (the mod is working on a clean version of KOTOR, I didn't want it to mix with my other mods, for now atleast.)
2. After the clone fight at the Academy, there is the whole dialogue with the defeated Brother of Shadows, he reveals his name, Revan takes a few steps, than the Brother turns on you once again. The cutscene breaks, the Brother makes one slash of flurry at me, not even damaging me, then goes back to being an unattackable npc with 1 hp. He doesn't respond and I can't get out and progress.

And yes I have tried reloading/going back to Autosave, the problem continues and I don't want to restart the whole mod, for now atleast.

I hope this helps for the next patch, can't wait to be able to finish this mod. I see it really is a piece of art, especially the scripting.

You started your game from the supplied save right? If so then the Galaxy Map problem is just on that particular save. So it's nothing to worry about.

As for the other bug, I still haven't found the cause of this problem. Though if you are willing to email me, (Find my email in the Read-Me of the mod). I can keep sending you experiemental fixes until we get one that fixes the problem. :P

Zgred_2
10-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes, I started from the supplied save just to check out the mod faster :)

I'll contact you about those fixes, I'd gladly help out. From what I see, it's because something is setting the Brothers boolean of "1 hp" to one, which causes him to be immortal, thus halting progress. Maybe if you were to do a quick scripting fix, that would make sure that he has the "1hp" thing to 0 after his dialogue.

Silveredge9
10-28-2007, 11:58 AM
No, the Shadow guy isn't meant to die. Something is causing the dialogue to be interrupted. And that's what I'm trying to find out.

Quatra
10-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Hello, i have another problem. Sometimes, when i kill all the brothers of shadow in the dantooine circle, i should fight Raven but for some reason, i fight the shadow leader again and after few seconds, he stops attacking and i can't move on.

In the unknown regions after the fight with Bastila, i choose Darkside. Bastila portrait is now white...i can see her stats, i can upgrade her but i don't see the portrait.

Omega_Novae
10-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I had your second problem long before the mod was released, so that has nothing to do with it.

GeorgNihilus
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
This is awesome Silver! :bow: :bow: specially if you've done it all by yourself ... one of the best mods I've ever seen not only for the KOTOR series ... the storyline is excellent and that Matilda appearance in Revan's life is brilliant ...

By the way quite a job you've done with the camera angles of many scenes ... really stunning mod!

The only suggestion I could mention is to check some dialog for spelling-grammar minor things (some their instead of there, things like that) and maybe to boost up a little some fights, i.e. when fighting the Council masters or the Brothers of shadow ... but that's only my opinion after playing this game for quite long time hmph!
Also I'd remove the mask in Daemon Drexler's dialog (1st encounter only) because it equips while speaking; or place it directly in the .utc ...

I give this mod a 9.92 of 10 if you ask me!!! keep it up!!! :thmbup1:

Silveredge9
10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
I had a holy crap moment earlier when I managed to replicate the bug where the dialogue is cut and the Shadow force jumps at you. :P

Hopefully I can keep replicating it until I find the true fix. Which I will.

Then I get can get the fixed released in a future patch, along with an unannounced surprise. :)

Qui-Gon Glenn
10-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd like to add my Kudos, silveredge9. I have run into very few issues, and mostly textual errors of the small nature... after the "fixing" it is mostly just extra spaces here and there, or a "your" where it should be "you're" - nitpicky stuff.

The story is brilliant, as DI noted elsewhere your use of in-game resources was brilliant, and Matilda's rich story has been a pleasant surprise... I had figured the mod to be "over".

Outstanding, inspirational work. Thank you! 10/10

Silveredge9
10-31-2007, 02:53 PM
An update to my earlier post. I've been testing here and there with possible solutions. I made a few alterations to that part of the dialogue (Nothing anybody would notice, just a few tweaks behind the scenes), and when I replay the section (I did it about 5 times in a row) I didn't encounter the bug at all.

I'm requesting that one or two people who experiance the bug everytime they play that section to email me. I can then reply with a fix to test. And if they require it, a save just before that section of the mod.

I'd like to add my Kudos, silveredge9. I have run into very few issues, and mostly textual errors of the small nature... after the "fixing" it is mostly just extra spaces here and there, or a "your" where it should be "you're" - nitpicky stuff.

The story is brilliant, as DI noted elsewhere your use of in-game resources was brilliant, and Matilda's rich story has been a pleasant surprise... I had figured the mod to be "over".

Outstanding, inspirational work. Thank you! 10/10Have you downloaded the 1.04 patch? That fixes most, if not all of the spelling and grammar errors.

And concerning the "surpise" I mentioned. It's probably what your thinking (If your smart and have kept track of my recent queries in Holowan Labs :P).

Still, that would only be a *small* part I what I will be revealing, in due time. :)

Joris1
11-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi,

Since I saw the release of this mod, I feel like playing KotOR again but I hadn't much time, anyway. I want to play the mod this evening I think and I was wondering whether it is makes a different if I play male or female character (I would prefer a female this time).

I'm looking forward to answers.

Best regards

Joris

TLM20
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm having a pretty serious problem on my play through.

I've played through the mod to where I'm on Revan's flagship. There's three Jedi in front of me (including Bastila). About 5 seconds into the fight and I crash to desktop. It's really frustrating because you can't skip any dialogue throughout the mod, so it takes ages to get back there. I've played through it twice and I crash at the same point every time.

So,

Area: Revan's flagship
Problem: Crash to desktop
Point: Beginning of battle with Bastila and other two jedi

I *think* this problem could be down to the Meet Athena mod although I could be wrong. They both use appearance.2da, but I still don't see why they'd clash when both mods have used TSLPatcher...

EDIT: I've redowloaded all my mods and got some organisation in my override folder. New problem. All the npc's and even the pc have taken on another character's appearance. The Captain that comes onto the bridge to speak with Revan has turned into some twi'lek and Revan's turned into a Rodian for example. Any ideas on fixing it?

I'm really having weird problems aren't I? :lol:

RedHawke
11-02-2007, 06:45 PM
EDIT: I've redowloaded all my mods and got some organisation in my override folder. New problem. All the npc's and even the pc have taken on another character's appearance. The Captain that comes onto the bridge to speak with Revan has turned into some twi'lek and Revan's turned into a Rodian for example. Any ideas on fixing it?
That will happen, what happens is that when you re-installed your mods it changed things that directly related to your save-game file (and its files calling to 2da lines made pre-change), the NPC's and even your PC being messed up is a good indicator of this, as such you will very likely need to scrap that save-game and start anew. Not what you likely want to hear, I know.

TLM20
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, it's a bit of an inconvenience but at least it gave me a reason to tidy my override up :lol:, thanks for the help RedHawke :D

lokanetra
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Great mod. Added some wonderful content to KOTOR.

The only bug I found was with Revan on Dantooine in the council chambers. The story did not progress and Revan was stuck in the council chambers. Quitting the game and reloading gave me a crash. Reloading once more worked fine and played through nicely.

Only a minor annoyance considering the mod worked great otherwise.

Fredi
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Best mod ever!! ... I love the mod great job man.

GeorgNihilus
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
I didn't have time to read all the replies here to see if this has already been asked :rolleyes: ... well there's a problem with the cutscene between Bastila-Malak when arriving to the Unknown world for 1st time with Matilda, when Bastila is beign tortured by Malak in her place appears Matilda now, with Bastila's voice for that scene ... is there a way to correct this? :confused:

and also the auto-triggered scenes with Bastila involved (i.e when Mission is pushed by Bastila after Mission bothering questions about using the force for fun), now autotrigger also with Matilda when she's with Mission or Carth naturally (keeping Bastila's voice) ...

Is this happening to you guys??? :giveup:

thanks on advance :thmbup1:

Wedge Suron
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I think one of the Patches sorts it. Don't worry. You're not the only one.

GeorgNihilus
11-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks Paul Rhodes, anyway I manage to insert a blank screen delay to that starting torture scene to avoid watching Matilda there, keeping the torturing sounds-voices of course ... now I'm testing the patch in 1.02 version (to avoid talking to Matilda as she was Bastila by other party members) but it seems to be the same file available at 1.04 final patch :roleyess: (I mean the k_con_bastpm.ncs, it must be that file I guess).

good modding people! :)

Silveredge9
11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
The Torture scene wasn't fixed as of the latest patch. It's much more difficult then what it may seem.

The dialogue bug where Matilda would speak Bastila's lines in just normal dialogue was fixed.

Sith Holocron
11-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm somewhat surprised that Shem hasn't made videos for the Brotherhood of Shadows mod.

GeorgNihilus
11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Well guys :) inserting a single line in the banter scripts will solve the problem about that autotriggered dialog scenes with Bastila, just adding:

GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4

to the conditional scripts should do it ... at least is working for me. For example the k_hbanter1.nss will look like this:

//:: k_hbanter1
/*
Checks conditions for banter 1 (Carth and Bastila)
and if Bastila slot is not ocuppied by Matilda
*/

#include "k_inc_debug"
int StartingConditional()
{
int iResult;

iResult = GetGlobalBoolean("G_Banter1")==FALSE &&
IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_CARTH)==TRUE &&
IsNPCPartyMember(NPC_BASTILA)==TRUE &&
GetAppearanceType(GetObjectByTag("bastila")) == 4;
return iResult;
}

the other banter scripts of that cutscenes to be edited are: k_hbanter2.nss, k_hbanter6.nss, k_hbanter9.nss and k_hbanter10.nss; all available for extraction at the default scripts branch of KotorTool: /BIF/scripts.bif/Script, Source

that should do it people, enjoy this awesome mod! :waive1:

PD: ah and of course drop the edited scripts to /Override folder :nod:

Silveredge9
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
The banter problem has already being fixed, the files will be available in the next patch.

Dark Diva
11-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Finally got to the main quest today. I was frankly blown away. I can't even imagine how much time and effort you put into this!

SPOILER AHOY!--->

Still haven't gotten past Revan's capture as the Mod didn't like my PC cust pack mod and er... had to reinstall the game. You might want to consider a little note in the next read me about BoS not playing well with the 2da kids ;P . Now i'm power playing so I can get back to that part! One request, or suggestion for perhaps the next patch you put out is to consider making more of the dialog skippable. While I enjoy listening to the VA's, having to listen to the different alien languages finish out slows the gameplay a bit.

Thank you thank you thank you for this massive addition to Kotor!

zelene2004
11-10-2007, 04:34 AM
I totally love this mod, but I seem to have a problem. I always get stuck on Dantooine with the 4 masters. They say things to me and then I have to fight Vrook, Zhar and Dorak. After I kill them, I nothing happens and I can't go anywhere. Before that, the Rakatan voice talks to me for a bit, and each master says one quote. I've tried reinstalling, and when I look at KSE, it comes up with an error thing that I can't remove b/c it forces the KSE to close. That error line also has a ton of information under it, and if I cilck that, it also forces the KSE to shutdown.
Thanks for the help.

Zgred_2
11-10-2007, 05:49 AM
I totally love this mod, but I seem to have a problem. I always get stuck on Dantooine with the 4 masters. They say things to me and then I have to fight Vrook, Zhar and Dorak. After I kill them, I nothing happens and I can't go anywhere. Before that, the Rakatan voice talks to me for a bit, and each master says one quote. I've tried reinstalling, and when I look at KSE, it comes up with an error thing that I can't remove b/c it forces the KSE to close. That error line also has a ton of information under it, and if I cilck that, it also forces the KSE to shutdown.
Thanks for the help.

After you beat the masters and the screen fades out, hit quick save and then quick load. That should fix it.

Merchant2006
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for your reply to my post on the other thread SilverEdge, much appreciated. My friend is trying to tinker with the mod and try and fix it but he ended up trashing his game -_-, likewise, its better to leave it to the professionals. Keep up the good work.

about the Carth Onasi dissapearing on Dantooine Enclave, i did some more research and i found that a certain mod was not compatible with BoS, resulting in carth vanishing when he said "they're waiting for you inside", i think this was a mod from kotor filefront...dunno which one...but it altered something about Carth. Anyway, that one is no problem, i didnt have that issue.

Edit: (sorry for double post)

I was wondering... what programs do you use to create such an advanced mod? (i know this is stated in other threads but i find that anyone can answer this question as im a total newbie to 'creating mods', but installing them is fine ;P)

Commander Thire
11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
wow this is just a great mod. I really enjoyed it. One thing i notice though. If you reqruit matilda when you get Bas back she is Matilda in the torture scence shes matilda. So yea for some 1 that likes Bas it may be a problem. Gotta say though the flashbacks were done great. Keep up the good work.

Omega_Novae
11-10-2007, 04:28 PM
I was wondering... what programs do you use to create such an advanced mod?

The basic tools: KOTORTool (a versatile little thing comparable to NWN's Aurora Toolset), DLGEditor (for conversations), GFF-Editor (for module/journal editing). Scripting, audio editing, and reskinning can be done in various programs.

And instead of double posting, just edit your first post.

Silveredge9
11-10-2007, 07:48 PM
wow this is just a great mod. I really enjoyed it. One thing i notice though. If you reqruit matilda when you get Bas back she is Matilda in the torture scence shes matilda. So yea for some 1 that likes Bas it may be a problem. Gotta say though the flashbacks were done great. Keep up the good work.
Just wondering, where abouts is the torture scene played? Straight away after you click to fly to the Unknown world of the galaxy map, or at another point? I'm asking because I may have thought of a possible solution to the problem.

Commander Thire
11-10-2007, 10:26 PM
erm i think when you fly to the world yes

Dark Diva
11-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Just did a playthrough, and yes it's not till you select the Unknown World that you get Bastila's torture sequence. Very nice mod btw! There are still a few spelling errors that I noticed, but don't ask me exactly where right now. May want to have your proof reader have another go at the dialog. Not surprising that some got missed with the amount in there.

Sith Holocron
11-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Dark Diva, if you could point the stuff I missed directly to Silveredge9, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

TLM20
11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
This mod has caused so many problems since I downloaded. Since organising my override folder I still experience problems. Ever since downloading I haven't been able to get into the Naga Sadow Tomb, thus stopping me from advancing into the game. I've reinstalled the game, I've reinstalled the mod repeatedly and I'm not getting anywhere. Also I can't load save games. The load bar stops just before the L in loading (made a thread on this on the Work Bench forum). None of this happened before I installed this mod, therefore I think there's a conflict with one of the mods I have.

Is this a known problem or am I looking at ditching the mod full stop? The mods I have at the moment are:

Brotherhood of Shadow (latest version)
Tomb of Exar Kun
Invisible head gear for K1
Operation Kill Bastila
Korriban Crystal Cave
RH's Rodian Elder Merchant
WoToR
Darth 333's Kill Yuka Laka
Darth 333's Manaan Doors
RH's Sith Artifacts
Carth Romance Fix

Dark Diva
11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Dark Diva, if you could point the stuff I missed directly to Silveredge9, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

Well unfortunately I'm out of town for work right now and on my laptop and my save games are at home sooo... if anyone else can point them out feel free. I can certianly try to write a few down if and when I get a chance to go through another playthrough. Matilda's dialog can go by kinda fast and there is a lot of it, so I'm not surprised there we a few missed typos.

zelene2004
11-13-2007, 01:07 AM
After you beat the masters and the screen fades out, hit quick save and then quick load. That should fix it.

The screen doesn't fade out after I beat the masters though. After I beat them, I just wander around for a bit.

Do you know the warp for after that part, but before the Orion>

DeGenisis
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Would you recommend this mod to someone whos playing through the game for the first time?

RedHawke
11-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Would you recommend this mod to someone whos playing through the game for the first time?
I wouldn't... always play the game as intended for the first time. Plenty of time for mods afterward. ;)

Arátoeldar
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't... always play the game as intended for the first time. Plenty of time for mods afterward. ;)

I agree this would go for any game excluding patches.

Darth_Secura
11-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey silver i could use a little help. I cant find Matilda around the ship. I re-installed the x-pac and patch V5 but shes still not there...

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 01:34 PM
In my game Matlida is jedi malek

Silveredge9
11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Hey silver i could use a little help. I cant find Matilda around the ship. I re-installed the x-pac and patch V5 but shes still not there...
That's a known bug. It'll be fixed in the next patch.

Also in the next patch I'm considering spending a good amount of time in making the dialogue skippable like it would be normally in the game (I figured it out a while ago, so there's nothing stopping me now.)

Though at the moment I'm really busy with other non-modding things, so don't expect it out within the next few days/weeks or anything.

Azzameen
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
No idea, if someone posted this already:
What happend to the poor Mec Han'ic? (Nice word play btw) His sentence ended in the middle of a word, so did Revan kill him, did Matilda do it?
And somehow I have three times Revan's longsabre.

Darth Bos Pity
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I had Revans Lightsaber a few times aswell.

I encountered a bug where *SPOILERS* where Revan is recruiting Jedi for the Mandlorian wars with Malak & what looks like Saul Carath, alot of the Jedi had no head!
Strange, don't know if anybody else had this problem, but i thought i'd let you know.

Silveredge9
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Anything to do with characters having strange appearances or missing heads is due to the fact that the appearance.2DA of the mod conflicts with stuff you already have installed. The easy way to get around this is by deleting your current Appearance.2DA and running the original BoS install file again.

Is it possible to edit .UTC files located within .MOD files using TSLPatcher? Because if it is I'll release a fix that takes advantage of the 2DAmemory thing to make sure BoS is compatible with whatever you currently have within your override folder.

Azzameen
11-30-2007, 05:13 PM
@ Darth Bos Pity:
Hey, that's funny. I encountered two Exchange soldiers without heads. Well, that is hardly unexpected, as they obviously have no brains. No heads is only the next logical step. ;)

Commander Thire
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Was playing the mod again and I was lmfao at all the ghost busters refrences. It was really funny

DrGustav
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm stuck in the Brotherhood of Shadows quest, after fighting all the copies of the Shadow-Brother Sin in the Council Chambers. After he gives his long monologue, he attacks just once and then turns into a passive non-enemy with a blue selection-tab.

By the way, is the dialog supposed to be unable to be skipped?

Gam3rSW
12-14-2007, 11:05 PM
I believe Silveredge9 is fixing those bugs in an upcoming patch.

DrGustav
12-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Cool. Carry on then.

Marius Fett
12-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Is the One Legged Wookiee Atris by any chance?

Merchant2006
12-17-2007, 07:57 AM
I have come across an entirely new glitch that i had not experienced before, and im sure it doesnt happen very much, however on certain occasions this glitch does happen.

During the scene on Revans Flagship when you are discussing the tactics being used by the Jedi with Matilda, right after you give her the order "await the attack, prepare" or "gather all ships etc etc prepare for attack" then instead of the next bit of dialogue appearing, it stops and exits. Therefore you are left all alone on the Bridge and you are stuck there, no way out at all... and you can only exit/continue by loading a previous save game. I will come back and edit this post to include link to where i have uploaded a screenshot of this glitch.

SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!

Yes DarthDingDong, the one-legged wookie is Atris, because this person is referred to as a "she" and the "white haired" people that killed others for the Artifact (as stated within the BoS Mod)

Silveredge9
12-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I have come across an entirely new glitch that i had not experienced before, and im sure it doesnt happen very much, however on certain occasions this glitch does happen.

During the scene on Revans Flagship when you are discussing the tactics being used by the Jedi with Matilda, right after you give her the order "await the attack, prepare" or "gather all ships etc etc prepare for attack" then instead of the next bit of dialogue appearing, it stops and exits. Therefore you are left all alone on the Bridge and you are stuck there, no way out at all... and you can only exit/continue by loading a previous save game. I will come back and edit this post to include link to where i have uploaded a screenshot of this glitch.

SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!

Yes DarthDingDong, the one-legged wookie is Atris, because this person is referred to as a "she" and the "white haired" people that killed others for the Artifact (as stated within the BoS Mod)
Never experianced that glitch before. If you could provide more information such as where exactly it occurs within that specific module, I can check it out to see if a bug could potentially occur.

And concerning the One-Legged Wookiee. Perhaps it was a simple nod towards Atris, perhaps not. Or even, perhaps the One Legged Wookiee is merely the piece of a larger puzzle that has yet to be revealed. Perhaps not. ;)

Boy, I love being cryptic. :P

Shaggoth
12-25-2007, 12:30 PM
will that overwrite revan modelfix i've installed?