PDA

View Full Version : Custom Lightsaber Tutorial

Marius Fett
10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi Guys!

Here (http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/c654d619ec_0.65MB) Is A Tutorial I Wrote On Making A Custom Lightsaber

I Haven't Written A Tutorial Before So I'd Like To Know What You Think?

-DarthDingDong

Ferc Kast
10-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Seems to be good, I think.

Marius Fett
10-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Thanks Darth :)

Gavroche
10-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey, thanks a lot DarthDingDong. That's a great tutorial for someone who just wants a custom color without modelling his own hilt.
I was just wondering, is the part with KAuroraEditor necessary ? Somehow the application never worked for me (something to do with .NET Framework I guess, I thought I already had updated it though...), and I tried to complete the tuto without it : it worked.
The only thing I changed in the process was directly extracting the .mdl without double-clicking on it. So it was not named ***-ascii.mdl but had directly the name I wanted. And of course I had to extract manually the blade's .tga.

<edit />Got it, thanks again for the tutorial. I just found out that it works also for Masks, Blades, etc...

Marius Fett
10-28-2007, 04:03 PM
The KAuroraEditor Part Is Sometimes Nesascary Deending On How You Extracted The Model

If You Do What You Did However It Isnt :)

magnusll
10-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I was just wondering, is the part with KAuroraEditor necessary ? Somehow the application never worked for me (something to do with .NET Framework I guess, I thought I already had updated it though...), and I tried to complete the tuto without it : it worked.
If you PM me with the error message you're getting when firing up KAurora, I'll have a look into it. Did you install the DirectX .NET libraries? Those are necessary for KAurora to work, due to its rendering engine.