PDA

View Full Version : Appearance-changing script

Ferc Kast
11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I've tried compiling the following script, but it won't compile. So, what am I doing incorrectly? Also, could you point me to a script that would allow me to change an appearance in K1? Thanks in advance.

void ChangeObjectAppearance( object GetFirstPC(), int 69 );

Marius Fett
11-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Im no scripting expert but I think it should be

void main()

{

ChangeObjectAppearance( object GetFirstPC(), int 69 );

}

Ferc Kast
11-18-2007, 11:48 AM
I just tried that script; TSLPatcher told me the following when it tried to compile it:

Error: Unable to find compiled version of file "jcz_gizka.nss"! The compilation probably failed! Skipping...

Miles Edgeworth
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
void main() {
ChangeObjectAppearance(GetObjectByTag("mynpc"), 69);
}

That should work.

EDIT: Noticed it was for the PC, stoffe's script below is what you need.

stoffe
11-18-2007, 02:58 PM
I've tried compiling the following script, but it won't compile. So, what am I doing incorrectly? Also, could you point me to a script that would allow me to change an appearance in K1? Thanks in advance.

void ChangeObjectAppearance( object GetFirstPC(), int 69 );

The problem is that you don't have any starter function (main()) and that you are including data type definitions in a function call, which you shouldn't do. So...

void main() {
ChangeObjectAppearance(GetFirstPC(), 69);
}

...should work.

KOTOR1 does not have any appearance changing scripting functions, so you can't permanently change someone's appearance via scripts. The best you can do is a temporary change using disguises.

Ferc Kast
11-18-2007, 09:12 PM
KOTOR1 does not have any appearance changing scripting functions, so you can't permanently change someone's appearance via scripts. The best you can do is a temporary change using disguises.

So, I would then use the following script for a K1 version?

void main() {
GetFirstPC() = GetSpellTargetObject();
effect EffectDisguise(int DISGUISE_TYPE_C_GIZKA);
}