PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR2, vista and resolutions

HunterB
11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi,

I have just got Vista and tried running KOTOR2, at first it worked and then all of a sudden it did not.

I have sussed out that it will only let me play with 800x600 resolution.

I am currently using a Geforce 7100 card with the most up to date drivers.

Any help??

Thanks

Q
11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
First off: Are you running it in XP compatability mode?

Second: Performance is going to be generally worse in Vista than it was in XP when playing the same game.

Third: Not to be a smarta$$ or anything, but you are aware that the 7100 is a pretty weak video card, right?

HunterB
11-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi,

I am not running in XP compatability mode, I shall try that.
**Just tried it and it works on 1024x768, if only I'd tried that 5 hours ago!!**

Why is performance worse in Vista than XP?? that bemuses and confuses me a bit or is it just until all the vista compatability tweaks are done??

And finally dont worry I dont think you are being a smarta$$, I know it is weak, but I could not afford a better one at first but am planning on upgrading after christmas.

Thanks for the quick reply btw!!

Q
11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Why is performance worse in Vista than XP?? that bemuses and confuses me a bit or is it just until all the vista compatability tweaks are done??Because Vista is a resource hog. It's the price of "progress." :(

You can also overclock that 7100 until it squeals.

Lachton
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I figured that since my topic would be identical, I might as well...

Anyway, I have the same problem, just upgraded to Vista, and now KOTOR 2 won't run. I've just installed the latest ATI Drivers (running a Radeon X1900XT), and I think they may be to blame. I've tried running KOTOR 2 in various resolutions, and in compatability mode.