PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] A Temple

Pages : [1] 2

Quanon
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello , fellow holowans :p

EDIT 2 : This mod will be for K1 first , TSL fans will have to have some patience .

I just had the craziest idea to build myself a new SMALL area .

Nothing to complex mind you . Not a planet ! :lol: that's just to much for one person .

Great , so what is this area : A temple .

I have not yet decided if its from the Sith , Jedi or any other creepy ancient race .

Anyway , its a brand new area , something never seen before .

And what about quests , well uuhhh ... Lets say I don't have any plans on that , getting some enemys in it will be hard enough for me .

Besides I might release all my models , the temple will be build out of blocks , so I think I could ZIP or RAR these blocks , for you Holowans to fiddle around with in Gmax or Max.

But lets have a first glimpse at what I have just build : 1 corridor so far .
This will be the basic hallway . With this I can make some variantions , like a dead end , damage from just being old or other "funky wonky" stuff .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Corridor01.jpg

Do note these are renders from Max not Kotor , so things look a bit more polished . :p

Anyway I'll try to work on this every weekend .

Let me know what you all think of this insane idea .

EDIT : mini update , not worth a post really , continued to work on it , so I got this basic looking hall / room thingy . :lol:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MiniHall01.jpg

glovemaster
11-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow Q, Looking good ;)
Random ideas are always the best :P

Master Zionosis
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Looks cool, I'd play it :D Keep up the good work Quanon.

Miles Edgeworth
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow, it looks really good!

Marius Fett
11-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Looks Awsome!

lordofmalachor
11-19-2007, 06:11 PM
amazing!

Wookiee Rrudolf
11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Insane but really cool :cool: keep up the work. Can't wait to release :)

H2O
11-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Very neat! Looking forward to it. I could imagine some pretty funky colours and lighting in there.

Do you plan to have a crack at making a light map as well? Or will you just stick with ARE ambience? Some well-placed shadows would look awesome I reckon.

Quanon
11-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Very neat! Looking forward to it. I could imagine some pretty funky colours and lighting in there.

Do you plan to have a crack at making a light map as well? Or will you just stick with ARE ambience? Some well-placed shadows would look awesome I reckon.

Lighting is one of the problem areas , I tried to create lightmaps , but alas no succes so far .

I know how to create them in Max , but to get them used in Kotor or TSL is ... well I did'nt get it to work .

And I haven't fiddled with ambience settings in the .are file . So I guess I should do that .

But so far from my other tests , I must say the lightning is dull , its all equally lighted , no shadows :( , just those from your PC and Party , but those are realtime rendered by the engine .

Unless Magnulls , the creator of Kaurora , has a new version wich can give me great lightning .

And the camera seems to by flying straight throw walls , the walkmesh walls don't block it , while they should ... So there are still some bugs :p and I might not be able to get them out .

EDIT : Since I had some time today I created the "bend" , like this I now have 90° corners .

Some theesy weezy renders , a bend lined up with a corridor .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Bend01.jpg

herosinger
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
It looks great. Good luck on fixing the bugs.

Quanon
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for all the kind replys :D

Anywayz looks like I got way to much time today , so not only did I finish up that corner , One of the Big Halls ( good for a final show-down ) is at an acceptable state "finished" , I might at some extre chamfers, extrusions here and there to add that tiddy-biddy detail .

Ow , and those won't be the final textures, been using Jedi Academy textures again to test out the effects . I'm not that good at texture creating , I guess I re-edit those from Korriban or at least try to creat my own .

Anywayz , more picture frenzy , small grey-box represents a character . The box is just a bit higher then a male character in game . So its + - = a Kotor male PC .

My fav render so far ! :lol:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/BigBigHall.jpg

EDIT : Couldn't handle myself , so I did a test renders with Korriban Textures .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/BigBigHallTexK1.jpg

Gargoyle King
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Looks great Quanon, let's hope KAurora 0.3 has the UVW Mapping sorted, i'll definately give it a blast if all works out.

Meowster
11-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Ooh! Looking really cool so far! It looks fairly interisting.

glovemaster
11-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Looking good dude ;) Keep up the awesome work!

herosinger
11-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Looks great, and it's big. The Korriban textures don't look half bad, either.

Sith Holocron
11-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Wasn't that Sarlaac that Team Jawa plans to put in supposed to be in a Ruined Temple? Might this be used for that?

Arátoeldar
11-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Looks :drool:tastic.

Darth InSidious
11-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Aren't a lot of those Jedi Academy textures?

Quanon
11-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Aren't a lot of those Jedi Academy textures?

Eh yes , I unpacked JA .pk3 files wich contains all of its textures .
I did make levels for JA way back in time .

Their there for easy test use , and test only :) , I'm not releasing anything with these textures on my models .

I think Raven and LA might come down hard on me *shudders*

Anyway I'm looking to do my own set . Though I might use the original Kotor1 Korriban textures as a base / start .

I did most of the times for the set I made for that Coruscant mod .

And on part about Team Jawa ... I think its "dead" .
Last month's it was just me doing stuff in 3D ... and GM and SR doing some other stuff .

Makes 3 people that where actually working on it . :p Anyway I considered that it is in freezer . I still got all my Max files of Sleheyron .

But these interieurs are a bit easier to create , then those open surface maps.

EDIT : Been texture creating , their way to much rushed , but I'm trying out some ideas about brushes and such . And some Icongrafy , Tha Evil Eye . :p

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/RenderCustomTexture.jpg

glovemaster
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Thats lookin pretty amazing ;) I love the logo.. draft.. thing! Its looks wicked :D

Im not so sure that Team Jawa is "dead" but it certainly has stopped.. uh, to some degree... Most of us.. okay.. All of us are inactive exept for Quanon and MagnusLL (who is doing some awesome work on KAE BTW :D)

Id better give a reason or it will sound like we're just lazy.. which i am, but thats irrelevant :P. Basically we are all pretty busy with our other work and stuff. Sorry dudes but my GCSE's arn't optional. ¬.¬ Theres a thread about this somewhere on Team Gizka's forums, which i wont link to becuase of the rules.

southern_fox
11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Looks amazing man. The graphics and environments that you can craft always stun me.

And on part about Team Jawa ... I think its "dead" .
Last month's it was just me doing stuff in 3D ... and GM and SR doing some other stuff .

I was having the same feeling as time passed.

My vague impression was that everyone seemed to be bogged down with other commitments in their lives (school or professions) around August through October. Myself included. I was surprised by the heavy load that Fall semester ended up being on me (as a freshman in college).

A darn shame. I love/d writing for the project, and I still have so much material for it.

I'm still very much up for it, but going over to the website/forum feels like walking in an abandoned warehouse - lonely, spooky, and oddly cold. There was a good roster and a great deal of very talented people, but it was always more or less just 4-6 active people working relatively independently.

My hope is that the project is not dead, and merely in a lull. I'd be ecstatic to see a beehive of activity in the Team Jawa forums, and I sincerely think that the people who have involved themselves are capable achieving the project's goals. I want to see it fly.

Quanon
11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Looks amazing man. The graphics and environments that you can craft always stun me.

I was having the same feeling as time passed.

My vague impression was that everyone seemed to be bogged down with other commitments in their lives (school or professions) around August through October. Myself included. I was surprised by the heavy load that Fall semester ended up being on me (as a freshman in college).

A darn shame. I love/d writing for the project, and I still have so much material for it.

I'm still very much up for it, but going over to the website/forum feels like walking in an abandoned warehouse - lonely, spooky, and oddly cold. There was a good roster and a great deal of very talented people, but it was always more or less just 4-6 active people working relatively independently.

My hope is that the project is not dead, and merely in a lull. I'd be ecstatic to see a beehive of activity in the Team Jawa forums, and I sincerely think that the people who have involved themselves are capable achieving the project's goals. I want to see it fly.

Yeah , a bit of a shame , but hey ... we're an international team .

Timezones where a killer to , if I stayed up long enough ( about 2:00 in the morning for me ) I could talk SR when he just got out of bed . :lol:

Still I could continue my work on Sleheyron , but .... I got a kind sick of it .
Anywayz , enough of the weeping about that .

I'll see what I can do tonight at my Sith-Temple ; Since I got most basic building shapes , things go faster then I thought .

Looking to do 2 other shaped halls , a bit smaller ones , then its just time to come up with layout , Assemble a .mod file .

Do a test run to see if the framerate doesn't drop or stutters to much .

Well tons of things to do :p

Edit : A new long hall with somesort of pool along a central axis .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/RenderSquarHall.jpg

xrefusex
11-23-2007, 08:49 AM
It all looks pretty rad

Miltiades
11-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Amazing job, Quanon. Looks very cool. I'd be happy to test it for you should you require it... ;)

Quanon
11-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Amazing job, Quanon. Looks very cool. I'd be happy to test it for you should you require it... ;)

Héh , thx for the offer Miltiades :D !

News Flash , just created some sort cave-cliff or ... erh , A big deep gap has a bridge crossing it :p .

But images speak better then akward words :lol:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/BridgeCliff.jpg

glovemaster
11-23-2007, 07:58 PM
O.O Holy Balony!
Thats amazing Q! You should go and work for Bioware XD
Also im just gonna throw it in here becuase its fasinating: http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/
Maybe you can get a job as they start :P
Im hoping to hell that its KotOR III or something similar, but i've had my hopes up to many times... :(

Quanon
11-24-2007, 07:29 AM
O.O Holy Balony!
Thats amazing Q! You should go and work for Bioware XD
Also im just gonna throw it in here becuase its fasinating: http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/
Maybe you can get a job as they start :P
Im hoping to hell that its KotOR III or something similar, but i've had my hopes up to many times... :(

Thx GM !

Today is the day !

Its gonna be a big test to see if things run as smoothly in the game .

Yes a first test run ! :lol:

It'll ask some work so be prepared for a nice update sometime soon with some in game screenshots .

:) jolly !

Darth Xander
11-24-2007, 07:41 AM
That looks sooo awesome man, but how are you going to get in into the gaming world?

Miltiades
11-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Good luck, Quanon. Walking through a module like that must be awesome.

@Xander: I guess like any other new modules. It's not that hard inserting a module into the game. The difficulty lies in creating the modules, and certainly if you create modules from scratch.

Quanon
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Good luck, Quanon. Walking through a module like that must be awesome.

No luck , Kotor crashes or freezes on my first test .
I've tried using differant .MOD files , but alas .

Guess it takes to much of the engine ?

My stats in Max show this :

- Polys : 15 325
- Verts : 11 390

So for the game this means another +- 10 000 polys for your party and weapons . If I remember , Kotor heads are detailed and have lots of polys just on the head .

Anyway , this is what the area should have looked like :

Minimap view :) :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MiniMap.jpg

And a far away view :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MiniTas.jpg

Hmmzz , that cave is big :lol:

I think I'll to test each piece seperatly , allthough that Cave is huge ... I think thats the killer xD

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Shame it won't work :(

Hope you find a way...

Master Zionosis
11-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Dang, that cave is huge, if that crashes KotOR then I've got no hope for my... Errrr never mind :S

Still hope you find a way of getting it in-game :D

Miltiades
11-24-2007, 10:54 AM
The mini-map looks very cool! :) Shame it doesn't work. I don't know if it's possible that the engine can't handle areas like that, but I've noticed that the areas in both Kotors are rather small. Maybe you should try cutting it in half, or just scale down the cave a bit...

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe split it into two smaller modules?

Quanon
11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Darn Darn :firemad:

Been messing with .mod files and a simple shoe-box model , no extravaganza
models :lol:

Its like Kotor doesn't want my stuff anymore !

Tried this : A real new area and model ( I used to replace m46aa_01a an unused model of the game )

No luck thing freezes and crashes allthough it was a simple box area .

Second try => Using a .mod I've used a Zillion times , Kotor just keeps crashing

:firemad: AAAAAAAAAARGHGHGHHGHGG :lol:

Just frustrating ...

Ahum ... maybe those mods I have installed screw up my new areas ?

Dunno , perhaps they do ...

Ow , well ... going to take a brake now , just got sick of that :blast5: Kotor game

:( :headbump:

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 12:24 PM
As we Welsh would say:

Oi! KotOR! Pam ti ddim yn eisiau .MOD gyda Quanon? (I think)

Translation: Oi KotOR! Why Don't you want Quanons .MOD? (I think)

:lol:

Quanon
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Dang, that cave is huge, if that crashes KotOR then I've got no hope for my... Errrr never mind :S

Still hope you find a way of getting it in-game :D

Fear not MZ , I present to you a somewhat working Cave !!!

Yes , one piece of the temple got in the game , but its a bit broken :(

I did some heavy cleaning up at the geometry , the cave on its own now takes about +- 1200 polys , at the start it was easly the double :o

AND AND , I dumped everything in my override , it was chockfull of mods + some personal testing stuff , so that's now out the way .

Enough blabbing from me , here some screens :p

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenTemple.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenTemple2.jpg

I'm pretty content at the size of the whole , it's big but not OVERLY giant .
Just the way I wanted it .

Aaahhh , sweet satisfaction :lol:

xrefusex
11-24-2007, 03:40 PM
i like!

Gargoyle King
11-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Good to still see you modeling Quanon. This is a good idea for a mod, a bit random but good nonetheless, can't wait! :D :thumbsup:

Oh and if TJ is dead (kind of thought it was anyhow) then it's no real biggie, we all need a life now! :)

Miltiades
11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Very nice, Quanon. I like it.

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Ooh you got it working! :D

Looks great!

herosinger
11-24-2007, 04:20 PM
It works! Awesome.

Taak Farst
11-24-2007, 05:18 PM
wow Quanon i think you are one of those modder up there with darth333, tk102 inyriforge etc.
Excellent work. Cant wait to download

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Wloverine my ol' chum i don't think it'll be ready for quite a while... :lol:

Quanon
11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Wow , thx guys !

Eh , but don't put me to high in modders ranks .

I'm kinda of a messy modeler , so ... thats not realy proffesional .

And my .are and .git handling is iffy :p

Anyway , I'll continue the work on my bridge , it just has to work :D

As soon as I get my pieces together I'll launch a Béta of somesorts .

I'm just curious how the thing will work on other PC's who'r differantly configured .

My system specs ( so you can compare with your own :) ):

a 2 Gig Hz processor

a Gig of Ram

a Geforce 6600 GO with 64 mb memory ( laptop :p )

I think those are the most important ones to know , got 2 harddisks , :lol:

Untill later my friends !

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Well if you call wha you come up with "messy" then i'd love to see some of your "good" work!

Gargoyle King
11-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I've got no hope for my... Errrr never mind :SAh! Got something planned there MZ! A new module perhaps? I await any new with anticipation! :D (sorry, just trying to fish for info here, ignore me if you like! :lol: )

Master Zionosis
11-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Yay it works, perhaps there is hope yet, brilliant work Quanon :D

Ah! Got something planned there MZ! A new module perhaps? I await any new with anticipation! :D (sorry, just trying to fish for info here, ignore me if you like! :lol: )

Hmmmm... I only posted that because I was hoping Quanon would pick up on it, lol, I was wondering if anyone did though... Well, I won't say anything just carry on as normal...

Quanon
11-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Ah! Got something planned there MZ! A new module perhaps? I await any new with anticipation! :D (sorry, just trying to fish for info here, ignore me if you like! :lol: )

Yeah , MZ spill the beans , like that I can know if I got some compition :lol:

Must rush my work now , before MZ steals my prize :tng1:

Better start working ...

Master Zionosis
11-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah , MZ spill the beans , like that I can know if I got some compition :lol:

Must rush my work now , before MZ steals my prize :tng1:

Better start working ...

Lol, no Quanon I'm not about to start giving details and steal your limelight... I'll wait until you release yours then I'll announce MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Anyway, if you're on MSN now, I may drop a few hints... :)

Marius Fett
11-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Now now MZ theres enough limelight for you both...

Now SPILL!!!!!!!

:D

Taak Farst
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Lol yer. SPILL SPILL SPILL

Marius Fett
11-25-2007, 03:10 PM
If you don't we may need to get the Cyberman in wolverines avatar to delete you......

Master Zionosis
11-25-2007, 03:15 PM
If you don't we may need to get the Cyberman in wolverines avatar to delete you......

Lol, take your best shot, my saber will slice that hand right off, lol.

No seriously I'm not about to steal Quanons limelight, I'll maybe announce what I'm doing at some point but it's unlikely it'll work anyway...

Taak Farst
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
lol great on Darth

Marius Fett
11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Nah MZ is right...

This is Quanons moment...

Can't wait for when you do eventually announce it though :)

jonathan7
11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
This looks amazing! =)

magnusll
11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Lighting is one of the problem areas , I tried to create lightmaps , but alas no succes so far .

I know how to create them in Max , but to get them used in Kotor or TSL is ... well I did'nt get it to work .

And I haven't fiddled with ambience settings in the .are file . So I guess I should do that .

But so far from my other tests , I must say the lightning is dull , its all equally lighted , no shadows :( , just those from your PC and Party , but those are realtime rendered by the engine .

Unless Magnulls , the creator of Kaurora , has a new version wich can give me great lightning .

And the camera seems to by flying straight throw walls , the walkmesh walls don't block it , while they should ... So there are still some bugs :p and I might not be able to get them out .

I do have the current working version of KAurora which allows for the correct import of AuroraLights. I thought you already had it? If not, let me know, I'll send it ASAP. With this version you don't need to mess with the Sun values in the ARE file, you can use actual lights in the new module.

Cameras: I THINK you need to create new cameras for a scratch-built area, otherwise the camera will be able to fly wherever it feels like (like through walls....). Just have a look at the .GIT file of a closed space, you'll find there's a "camera" struct which lists the cameras present in the area, each one with a bunch of values like position, orientation, pitch, field of view etc.

Quanon
11-26-2007, 08:51 AM
I do have the current working version of KAurora which allows for the correct import of AuroraLights. I thought you already had it? If not, let me know, I'll send it ASAP. With this version you don't need to mess with the Sun values in the ARE file, you can use actual lights in the new module.

If you would be so kind to e-mail me this newer "enlighted" version of Kaurora :p

I need to use the Aurora Lights right ?

And thanks for the info for the cameras , there are actually 4 camera IDs in my .git and they're still set for this dome area m46aa_01a once was.

I'll mess around with them to see what it does :D

@MZ : Don't be to shy MZ , your creations are mindblowing pure awesomeness and your modelling skills surpass mine easly .

Really folks , MZ has some crazy good stuff on his PC , but I fear even the Unreal 3 engine of Mass Effect would sweat it out to render those . :lol:

EDIT : Someone slap me in the face ! I've have been such a dummy , looks like I forgot to set and include a .IFO file in one of my .mod files , no wonder my first test runs where a failure :lol:

EDIT 2 : No luck with the new Kaurora , it likes to crash on my models xD

Anyway back to using the old version , well , well , looks better now ey ? Cleaning up helps :) . Funny the UVWs are doing freaky again :lol: .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ScreenHothot.jpg

Master Zionosis
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Good to see you're still going at it, I would know but I haven't been on MSN for 2 days, lol, keep up the brilliant work Q

@MZ : Don't be to shy MZ , your creations are mindblowing pure awesomeness and your modelling skills surpass mine easly .

Really folks , MZ has some crazy good stuff on his PC , but I fear even the Unreal 3 engine of Mass Effect would sweat it out to render those . :lol:

Ohh my, now I'm kind of blushing :o

Thanks Q for the compliments, but seriously you are an amazing modeller and you know it :)

Marius Fett
11-26-2007, 05:29 PM
you are an amazing modeller and you know it

Seconded :D

Miltiades
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Nice update, Quanon. It's already looking very promising. I see that Jawa is still appearing now and then. Good, lil' Jawa. :)

glovemaster
11-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow Q, you never cease to amaze me with your stunning models, in game it looks fantastic, apart from the few minor texture bugs.
:lol: And that little jawa seems to have become somewhat of a tradition for your new areas. :xp:

Quanon
11-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Wow Q, you never cease to amaze me with your stunning models, in game it looks fantastic, apart from the few minor texture bugs.
:lol: And that little jawa seems to have become somewhat of a tradition for your new areas. :xp:

THanks lads !

And I have now the newer Kaurora , so I can start playing with the lights !!!

Thank you Magnulls !

@MZ : Thanks to you I'm now modelling some statues to give some extra detail .

I'll see what I can render and already show of those :) .

Anyway , I'm of to work that Bridge again

EDIT : Lights , yes , I found the switch ;) , thanks to Magnulls great programming skills ! :heart3:

Some quick screenshots of Regular and Red light .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/RedLIGHT.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/LIGHT01.jpg

Is that an enemy ? Yes its a Kathhound :lol:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/FIGHT.jpg

CM_Bright out of controle :D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/FightingGlow.jpg

Salzella
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
wowowowowow! this has so much potential, and i'm glad it looks like it's going well so far :D

Prime
11-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Great work! Keep it up!!

Miltiades
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Yay, light! Again, good job, Quanon. But we must not forget Magnusll's amazing job on KAurora. Great job, Magnusll. :)

Malaksjaw
11-27-2007, 01:19 PM
wowowowowow! this has so much potential, and i'm glad it looks like it's going well so far :D

Yup and a though just occured to me seeing those screen shots...Hoth!! When the cave is finished another section leading outside or something could be just snow...and turn it into the planet. Might be too hard I dunno, just an crazy idea I had. Maybe in the future :)

Quanon this is GREAT work!! Always good to see great modders coming up with new ways to improve KOTOR. :twogun:

Marius Fett
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
If you read what Quanon said in the first post, a planet is too much for one person,

Awsome work so far Quanon!

Malaksjaw
11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
If you read what Quanon said in the first post, a planet is too much for one person,

Awsome work so far Quanon!

I am aware. That is why I then added *maybe* in the future. Since I was quoting Salzella I was refering to the potential it has. Which is massive :)

Quanon
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I am aware. That is why I then added *maybe* in the future. Since I was quoting Salzella I was refering to the potential it has. Which is massive :)

Well *maybe* it can fit into a bigger project , but I won't get to far ahead of myself ... and I ain't promising anything :lol:

But things are lookig quite rosey , I just been cleaning up the great hall . And its working great already so far . Well "great" its not to big , it's just pretty high , allthough a Rancor or Krayt Dragon would fit into it :p

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MurkyBigHall3.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MurkyBigHall.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MurkyBigHall2.jpg

Marius Fett
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Is it just me or does the PC in the 2nd screen have no head?

xrefusex
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
These do look pretty awesome Quanon! I'm sure there'd be modders wanting to use some entirely new levels. How's that tutorial/guide of yours going by the way?

herosinger
11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow again!

Well *maybe* it can fit into a bigger project , but I won't get to far ahead of myself ... and I ain't promising anything :lol:
Hey, don't overstretch yourself. I'll be beyond happy to one day be able to download this.

Gargoyle King
11-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Looking very promising Quanon! :D

Howz KAurora 0.3 working for ya? I take it light emitters are working now, and by the looks of it so is the UVW Mapping, and you've even got an enemy in there! If i ever learn how to model areas i would love to give KAurora a try, especially now that this newer versions out. Can't wait to play this.

glovemaster
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow Q thats wicked ;)
Glad you got the textures sorted, they look really profesional now ;)

Hopefully Magnus can get animations and emitters sorted and you can add some neat lights, vents and stuff... (No pressure Magnus :mad:... :lol: )

Its coming along really well and i hope you can find some use for it too :P

Quanon
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
These do look pretty awesome Quanon! I'm sure there'd be modders wanting to use some entirely new levels. How's that tutorial/guide of yours going by the way?

Yeah , the tutorial is a bit on hold for now .

I'm mainly focussing on the temple .

Besides , I'm thinking on what I want YOU to model in the tutorial .

It might get pretty extensive and it's in the end , something for the more experiented modders .

Who're feeling ready to learn to "model" a bit .

There are already TUtorials here on Holowan how to setup the .are and all the other files for a "NewArea" , I want to focus mainly on the 3D model part and how to get that in the game .

That's in a sense already a lot to put in one tutorial , I fear if I stretch it , it'll be way to combersum to do .

Hope this doesn't CRUSH anyones dreams on aµ an "all in one Tutorial". :)

Inyri
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
wow Quanon i think you are one of those modder up there with darth333, tk102 inyriforge etc. :lol: How did I get on the short list?

Anyway I may not have mentioned it yet, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the work here and I'm definitely interested in putting my modeling skills to better use, so I'm looking forward to any walkthrough you may eventually write, Quanon. I mean I might be able to figure it out myself by then, but... ;)

...probably not. :p

Darth InSidious
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Anyway I may not have mentioned it yet, but I'm thoroughly impressed with the work here and I'm definitely interested in putting my modeling skills to better use, so I'm looking forward to any walkthrough you may eventually write, Quanon. I mean I might be able to figure it out myself by then, but... ;)

...probably not. :p
My thoughts exactly. :)

magnusll
11-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Hopefully Magnus can get animations and emitters sorted and you can add some neat lights, vents and stuff... (No pressure Magnus :mad:... :lol: )

Ha, don't worry. I was slacking off a bit on KAurora, Quanon's work has reminded me of my duties :D

I *WILL* get those darn emitters to work. I can already import them without crashing the game, the most likely reason they aren't showing up is some stupid mishandling of some piddly detail, like what happened with lights (they wouldn't show up because I was setting the pointers to flare textures at the next field's address when textures were not present, like it's done for just about every other pointer... but nooo, in this case the game wants them set to zero :headbump. Took me weeks to figure this out...)

Sith Holocron
11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Ha, don't worry. I was slacking off a bit on KAurora, Quanon's work has reminded me of my duties :D

I *WILL* get those darn emitters to work. I can already import them without crashing the game, the most likely reason they aren't showing up is some stupid mishandling of some piddly detail, like what happened with lights (they wouldn't show up because I was setting the pointers to flare textures at the next field's address when textures were not present, like it's done for just about every other pointer... but nooo, in this case the game wants them set to zero :headbump. Took me weeks to figure this out...)

Has KAurora been released to the general public or only to members of Team Jawa?

magnusll
11-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Has KAurora been released to the general public or only to members of Team Jawa?

The 0.2 version is available on StarWarsKnights.com, from the "tools" section. It comes with a useful readme on its capabilities. You can already build new areas with that one, though they will have flat lightning.

The version Quanon is currently using has not yet been released because it's in-between two releases. I plan on releasing the 0.3 version as soon as I have working emitters. However, since my current working version has significant improvements over 0.2 already (mostly working AuroraLights and better texture handling, along with a bunch of bug fixes) I've sent him a "0.3 prerelease", so to speak.

If you need the most up to date version, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the latest working version. Alternatively, you can download the available 0.2 and start playing with that. When the 0.3 gets released I'll announce it in the KAurora thread, which you can find here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180034)

Quanon
11-30-2007, 02:27 PM
The version Quanon is currently using has not yet been released because it's in-between two releases. I plan on releasing the 0.3 version as soon as I have working emitters. However, since my current working version has significant improvements over 0.2 already (mostly working AuroraLights and better texture handling, along with a bunch of bug fixes) I've sent him a "0.3 prerelease", so to speak.

And I'm very gratefull you've given me this version ( then again I guess I was the only one testing this thing out :lol: ... bwéh , me and my FAT head ;) )

And true , I was on a 'vacation' mode to , it's just very recently that I picked this level modelling back up again . So you're not the only one Magnusll who took some time of on this .

On the other hand a mini update . I just merged two pieces together , the Bridge now connects nicely into the Big hall . Look at the distance :) , just had some minor problems with the WalkMesh , but that got solved pretty easly .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Merged01.jpg

Marius Fett
11-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Lookin good Q'man!

Somehow I don't think that name will catch on... :lol:

Inyri
11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Quanon, you make me jealous. ;)

Quanon
11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Quanon, you make me jealous. ;)

Don't be , your new Blaster pistol has more polys then my corridor :lol:

Inyri
11-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't think that's something for me to be proud of. :p

Hando
12-01-2007, 02:17 AM
The mod... It's amazing....

Marius Fett
12-01-2007, 06:36 AM
The mod... It's amazing....

My thoughts exactly...

Quanon
12-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Woot , I just did a crazy test . I modelled myself a new gun and used Kaurora to compile it from ASCII to Bin .

It seems to work , but not 100% . Kotor likes to crash on my gun after awhile .
This could be my fault , somewhere ... but I like the result none the less .

MDlops keeps putting my gun out of place ! :(
While Kaurora does it right straight away and without the replacing madness .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/GunKaurora.jpg

I get this with MDlops :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/StupidBlaster.jpg

EDIT : Ofcourse I've been working on the temple to , this "Mini" hall is almost finished , there are more annoying objects that I need to correct in the exported ASCII :/ , takes time and I'll have to redo this when I merge it with the other pieces again .

But , once that happened , the Area ( architecture) is about 90% complete , then its just stuffing it full of monster and bad-guys to battle :)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MiniHall.jpg

Inyri
12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
:O Evil Sith Jawa of doom! Gonna fix the stretching, right? :p

Interesting thing with the gun there, by the way. I've never had a gun do that... unless of course it was my fault. :p

Quanon
12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
:O Evil Sith Jawa of doom! Gonna fix the stretching, right? :p

Interesting thing with the gun there, by the way. I've never had a gun do that... unless of course it was my fault. :p

Uh , yeah , was just to lazy to give everything a UVW-map , so textures are Stretched beyound belief .

... The gunz are so annoying o_Q , it's driving me crazy ...

I just don't understand whats going wrong ; maybe I'm not alligning OK ??
I checked the exported ASCII and there the Coordinates are good , when I run the file throw MDlops its get "buggered" .

Ow well , I wonder if Magnulls had forseen this , I didn't expect it to work just like that :lol:

Marius Fett
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Ow well , I wonder if Magnulls had forseen this

Shouldn't that be Magnusll? :p

magnusll
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Ow well , I wonder if Magnulls had forseen this , I didn't expect it to work just like that :lol:

I can foresee that KAurora works well for the bits I've already done ;P

Quanon
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I can foresee that KAurora works well for the bits I've already done ;P

:lol: I just had no idea , I thought it wouldn't want the dummy bullethook to compile or just Ignore it .

But it works ! :D ... great !

Shouldn't that be Magnusll?

uh , yeah ... I always switch letters around. :doh:

glovemaster
12-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow Q, this is coming along amazingly well! ;)

You *have* to use this in a mod, maybe you can simply place a load of sith in there and a tomb at the end, containing the blaster and maybe a sword?
Then you can place it on Korriban, its pretty easy to do ;)

If you want to do something along these lines ill happily help, i still have kotor installed :D

Anyway, excellent work as always Q.

Sith Holocron
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
There used to be a hole in that Shyrack cave that you couldn't get through - I can't remember if it was only in KOTOR1 or in both games. Could this not be at the end of that?

glovemaster
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah i think that could work really well, its really simple too :p

xrefusex
12-02-2007, 09:59 AM
There used to be a hole in that Shyrack cave that you couldn't get through - I can't remember if it was only in KOTOR1 or in both games. Could this not be at the end of that?

Yes, that would be a pretty good place to link it, where the renegade Sith are to escape from. It says there's nothing there for you to see (BS!), but it's also roughly where the Tomb in TSL magically appears...

Perhaps, once the Temple is finished, you could do some sort of outdoor area that would link from the Shyrack Cave, like a desert with bones, kath hounds and sith archeologists to your new Temple?

Marius Fett
12-02-2007, 10:31 AM
The dune sea could be used for the desert if you did do that...

You could use the module with the Krayt dragon.

The cave could be the entrance to the temple.....

Quanon
12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Wooow great ideas you guys ! Never thought about that !

@GM : I'll gladdly accept your help , to setup all that scripting nonnensense :lol:
and other file magics

@DarthDingDong : If don't find the time to model myself a desolate desert area I'll re use one of Tantooine . But now you mentioned this I already look forward buildsomething myself :p

Not an update yet , but I've indeed been thinking about a tomb .

I'll slightly remodel one of the halls to include a nice somesort of altaar where a chest can be placed upon to be filled with goodies .

herosinger
12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Wooow great ideas you guys ! Never thought about that !
Not an update yet , but I've indeed been thinking about a tomb .

I'll slightly remodel one of the halls to include a nice somesort of altaar where a chest can be placed upon to be filled with goodies .
Goodies are always good!

southern_fox
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM
As it has already been suggested, the Shyrack Cave has a hole at the farthest end of the cavern that seems to lead to something. I agree that it is a great place to put a sort of lost temple.

Its genuinely innovative projects like this that really excite me and draw my interest.

Out of curiosity, are you interested in ever finishing the Tatooine Rakatan Temple that Bioware partially constructed?

Aeroldoth
12-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Just an FYI, another mod exists there: http://agentxim.thewebzoo.com/k1_korriban_crystal_cave.html . Although, since the passage branches once, it could easily branch twice.

One wild idea would be to stuff it with Light Jedi. There are tons of Dark Jedi in the game for LS to fight, but nobody for DS to fight.

Darth Payne
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
The Krayt Dragon Cave on Tatooine, like DarthDingDong said, is a pretty good place for this mod.

On the leftside of the Starmap is a tunnel/passage leading somewhere.

glovemaster
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Unfortunatly that is intended for cut content, which if Team Jawa were to.. eventually.. restore, it would cause conflicts which won't be too good... :(

Quanon
12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Unfortunatly that is intended for cut content, which if Team Jawa were to.. eventually.. restore, it would cause conflicts which won't be too good... :(

Depends if TeamJawa is still ... eh ever going to be alive again ...

Personally I don't see why I couldn't use the Krayt cave , then again I prefer the Shyrak cave .

And I would gladdly model a small outdoor passage to connect that cave with my temple .

About the Tatooine Rakatan Temple , I could once in time restore the thing ... but uh ... I'm still working on this mod .

And it won't finished too soon , I'm sure I'll encounter some more problems .

Marius Fett
12-02-2007, 05:29 PM
And it won't finished too soon , I'm sure I'll encounter some more problems .

Don't matter how long it takes, we're all behind you :)

Just umm...

Don't take too long over it eh? :p

Quanon
12-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Don't matter how long it takes, we're all behind you :)

Just umm...

Don't take too long over it eh? :p

Well , GM is going to help me here and there .

So I hope he could write me a script and such for nasty things to happen while you explore the Temple .

Maybe a crazy script that looks up your alignment , DS => Fight lots of Jedi
LS => pummel some DS jedi

I want to keep it simple as I mentioned in my very first post .
Just some fights and loot , unless GM thinks its so damn easy to add a quest and chests and what not :lol:

Marius Fett
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Well whatever goes in there it'll be awsome....

You'll have made the first fully playable custom made area....

southern_fox
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Depends if TeamJawa is still ... eh ever going to be alive again ...

Yeah... that is a tricky call. I'm not really sure what the status of the team is. To be honest, I don't think anyone is 100% sure either. I have unfortunately been out of contact with SithRevan for some time now, two months perhaps. I'd love to see him again.

Even during the project's height, the group was not too tight-knit and rigorously structured. Organization was always a secret issue to me. I had an extremely wide degree of independence (which was great), and extended jurisdiction over writing without having anyone edit or insert overly-wacky and/or unbalancing perceived 'coolness-factor ideas' into the drafts (not to put down writing skills of anyone else, I've seen projects splurge on stuff like that). But on the other hand I had little to any group involvement. No coffee-table meetings, or whatever the internet equivalent. No chats. No extended threads focusing on organization or the gritty details. Development teams on a project of such size need to be a group effort. Goals were somewhat loose, and to the best of my knowledge there was no timetable. Then the group divested itself piecemeal after August, due to everyone being busy.

Damn shame. I adored the direction that Sleheyron was taking (and there were many responsible for it). If someone were to be willing to restructure the project, give it reasonable and precise goals, bring aboard multiple skilled (and active) workers, create a reasonable timetable with benchmarks and means of getting to them, I think that there will be many willing to invest their talent and time into the project. I certainly would.

glovemaster
12-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Maybe a crazy script that looks up your alignment , DS => Fight lots of Jedi
LS => pummel some DS jedi
Sure thats possible ;) You will need to consider what you want to happen in the tomb, temple or whatever you want it to be :p

Just some fights and loot , unless GM thinks its so damn easy to add a quest and chests and what not
Yeah sure, adding a quest is pretty simple and adding footlockers and containers is even easier ;)

Quanon
12-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Update : I think I can announce that the temple is 80% ready 3D-wize , there's just one or two (big) things to add , extra details and such .

But things start to look great .

There are still some glitches where I scratch my head , the UVW-mapping seems to have a live of its own ... I've got lots of Cube shaped objects , and some look good , others are screwed (texture-wize ) ... no idea why or how to solve it .

* Hopes that Magnusll solves the unwrapp UVW problem* :p

Camera , I still need to test , for the moment it can fly straight throw walls , showing the "void" beyond .

Some small glitches in the floor to , depending from what direction your coming .

So lots of small details to clean up , but once those are passed , I can start seriously filling the temple with life NPCs .

And now some Screenys , going from the mini-hall into a 90° turn towards the bridge . From there its straight to the big round hall . But you've seen that .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/BigArea01.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/BigArea02.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/BigArea03.jpg

Marius Fett
12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Looking Good Q!

xrefusex
12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Excellent work! We can only hope that more modders will be influenced by Quannon's work to develop more new areas!

Miltiades
12-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Amazing, Quanon. Keep it up!

Quanon
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Amazing, Quanon. Keep it up!

Thanks all, for the kind words . :)

Here a new update ! Did anyone mentioned the great outdoors ?! :lol:

Well here's where you"ll get when you crawl out that Shyrak-Cave back-hole .

Not a big flat desert , but a big humpy cliff , its mega and its still the ruff version. One cliff needs more hight , some more details and ofcourse
the entrance to my temple !

So far I got this :

Coming out the cave .
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/GreatOutdoor01.jpg

Looking from the furthest point TO the cave entrance
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/GreatOutdoor02.jpg

EDIT : Worked on the light , needed one powerfull light , a whopping 50000 radius :lol: . And I'll have to seriously have to repait the sky , its just painfully obvious a box , hmmm ...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/GreatOutdoorlLIGHT.jpg

Sith Holocron
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Would it be interesting if in the script, it checked to see if you let those former Sith students let them go after defeating the Tarentek (to go through that Shyrack back tunnel). And if so, perhaps you might find their corpses in the Temple?

glovemaster
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Easily done :p I think that would be a great idea.

Quanon
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Easily done :p I think that would be a great idea.

Well it's up to you GM , you're the scripter :p

glovemaster
12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
:lol: Its your mod, you decide
*Let the argument being -.-*

Master Zionosis
12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
:lol: Its your mod, you decide
*Let the argument being -.-*

Uhhoohhh Big debate!!

I better step in and decide for you... lol only kidding :xp:

Quanon
12-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Uhhoohhh Big debate!!

I better step in and decide for you... lol only kidding :xp:

Well , it's a cool idea . But I know NOTHING , *rewind* NOTHING about scripts in Kotor and how to handle all those variable things .

Sooooo ... GM if you're up to the challenge , make me a script to check if you have met those renegade Sith and / or have (not) killed them .

Buttom line is you find them DEAD , so in the end you can lie to the Master of the Sith Academy ( he has a name , Uthar ??? ) .

Maybe the temple should be filled with some kind of "force" witches , I could do some reskins , would be fun ? Or not ?

Malaksjaw
12-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Maybe the temple should be filled with some kind of "force" witches , I could do some reskins , would be fun ? Or not ?

That sound like a wicked idea. I say go for it! :)

Miltiades
12-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Having the Renegade Sith appearing there (alive or dead) seems like a great idea. And Quanon, reskins are always appreciated. :)

PS: btw, als je vandaag school had in Brugge, moest je keer afgekomen zijn. Twee gratis vaten in Howest Brugge. :p

Marius Fett
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Sounds awsome!

Quanon
12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Having the Renegade Sith appearing there (alive or dead) seems like a great idea. And Quanon, reskins are always appreciated. :)

PS: btw, als je vandaag school had in Brugge, moest je keer afgekomen zijn. Twee gratis vaten in Howest Brugge. :p

@Miltiades : Ah , gedverdemme :lol: , K'heb vrij op maandag en dinsdag , dollethjes zenne dit lessen rooster . 4 dagen weekend , geen wonder dat die tempel vooruit gaat ;) .

To the main public :

Mini update ; Added one of the last Halls to the temple , so its about 90% ready . Just need some grant entrace thing and some extra details here and there .

And switching thoughts like a madman ; Force ghosts of Jedi and Sith seem like great enemys to ... maybe the witch or witches are the bosses ...
They did some vile magic and old jedi ghost and evil sith have arrived ...
:lol: To manny ideas !

The outside area , went down today ... reworked the model intensevily .
And saddly enough Kaurora doesn't want to compile the file ... darn .

Anyway some screens of the new addition .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/WaterHall.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/WaterHall02.jpg

xrefusex
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Sweet man. I agree with the Force Ghosts, I think they'd be more in tune with the theme of the Tombs on Korriban... Perhaps the Temple could be some sort of Cenotaph for Sith Warriors of the past, who've been awaken/startled by Revan's reappearance? That's why you could put some awesome loot (like an edited Sith Lightsaber, armour, mask, etc...), like in the other tombs. Some statues would look grand too. So these Sith ghosts can sense Revan's going to either be their unravelling (if you're LS) or the see you as a new potential Sith Lord to take back the galaxy (if you're DS) and suitably all go for your neck in either case. They could all speak alien lingo, as they're ancient too, to make things simpler. Smashing. I could go on forever with this!

PS: I know this sounds silly or premature, but will the minimap display your custom level, or is that a whole different chapter in modding?

Miltiades
12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
PS: I know this sounds silly or premature, but will the minimap display your custom level, or is that a whole different chapter in modding?

I think some of the screenshots already showed some of the new minimaps, so yes, the minimap will display your custom level. How Quanon accomplishes this I don't know...

Quanon
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I think some of the screenshots already showed some of the new minimaps, so yes, the minimap will display your custom level. How Quanon accomplishes this I don't know...

Uuuhh ... what mini-map ???

You mean that white-blueish field in the left upper corner ?

Thats the standard look : 'THERE AIN'T NO MINI MAP' :lol:

Allthough I've seen some threads in the past that where about the mini-map .
How to get in the game and more or less applied correctly .

I think Magnusll has some knowledge about that to ?

But rendering a top down view should be easy enough , on the other hand it's not that big . Without enemys you can run in less then a minute from one end to the other .

Don't expect this to be a Planet :p , its a bit like the Shyrak cave , well even less I think .

Miltiades
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Ah, then I assumed wrong. On the first page of this thread, you posted screenshots of a minimap (of the area with the big cave), and I though you knew how to get that in-game. My bad. :)

xrefusex
12-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, it's more of an aesthetic choice than anything else to intergrate it seemlessly into the game. What always bugged me about Tattoine was the Krayt Dragon Cave area mini-map being messed up!

southern_fox
12-04-2007, 10:07 PM
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but it should be remembered that a Sith archaeologist in the valley that says that the temples on the surface are just the tip of the iceberg (I'm paraphrasing).

He said something about an underground complex, so this temple fits beautifully in the position that it seems to be moving into.

magnusll
12-05-2007, 05:38 AM
I think Magnusll has some knowledge about that to ?

Create a top-view image, add a "black padding border" to it (to avoid the horrible wrap-around effect when you walk near the area borders), then you'll need to mess around with the map struct values located in the .ARE file.

The WorldPt** values should be set to the limits of the walkable area, the MapPt** ones to their equivalent UV coordinates in the map image.

Example: your area is an all-walkable square from (0,0) to (80,80) and you conveniently created an 80x80 pixels .tga map image. You then add a 10 pixels wide black border all around the image, getting a 100x100 final image.

Then you set the following values:

WorldPt1X = 0
WorldPt1Y = 0
WorldPt2X = 80
WorldPt2Y = 80

MapPt1X = 0.1
MapPt1Y = 0.1
MapPt2X = 0.9
MapPt2Y = 0.9

Thus the top-left map corner is at position (0,0) and corresponds to UV coordinates (0.1,0.1) within the image [0.1 is because you have a 10% offset from the top and left, due to the border which appropriately enough corresponds to 10% of the total image height/width. Same goes for 0.9].

Note that all of this is HIGLY SPECULATIVE as the theory has never been tested; as far as I know, current state of the art is to go with a "trial and error" approach until you get it right. Since you're doing great as a guinea pig, though, why not go all the way with the job ;P and let me add a new nifty function to KAurora if the theory proves to be right...

Quanon
12-05-2007, 08:55 AM
So I would need to make a render , with the camera aimed at the center .
And give it a sive of 256x256 - 25 pix (10%) for the border for best results ?

I'll give it a go ...

Malaksjaw
12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
I personally think it would make your mod much better if it did include a minimap.

Btw your last screenshots game me chills :)

Great work Quanon, great work.

Sith Holocron
12-06-2007, 01:27 AM
Going back to the suggestion about those 3 students that escape for a moment. Lying to Uthar might not necessarily need to be an option - especially if don't find their corpses until after you report them missing or dead. I thought of it more like one of Kreia's life lessons (I know wrong game) where you think you're helping someone out but your help leads to their death. (For example: recall the scene in KOTOR2 when you give money to a beggar and it leads to his death on Nar Shaddaa.) Anyway, enough of my blathering . . .

Quanon
12-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Anyway, enough of my blathering . . .

But its good blathering , you guys have some good ideas , I won't have thought this far through :)

Anyway , looks like I failed to post yesterday , FireFox had some quircky behavouir + my Internet connection was'nt 100 % => Tons of lag and slow sites .

So here's what I've been working on : A statue , so one of the details is coming along nicely .

There'll be some more of these around the temple . Some renders from Max , haven't had the time yet to do tests in Kotor .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Statue.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Statue3.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Statue2.jpg

Marius Fett
12-07-2007, 06:51 PM
That's a coincidence... :lol:

My connection was playing up too...

Those are some biiig statues ya got there! :lol:

Gargoyle King
12-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey Quanon! Is that a giant Jawa i see? Man you sure do like you're Jawas! :lol:

Looks great BTW, can't wait to see it rendered in Kotor.

Miltiades
12-07-2007, 07:01 PM
You did the statue yourself, Quanon, or is it one from one of the other modules? (I know there were statues like this one all over Korriban, but I'm not sure if that one's new or not)

Quanon
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
You did the statue yourself, Quanon, or is it one from one of the other modules? (I know there were statues like this one all over Korriban, but I'm not sure if that one's new or not)

Crafted it myself thank you ;)

It still lacks a face , but I'll do that seperatly .
And it'll have a big sword fitting niffty in its hands .
And it's going on a pedestal .

glovemaster
12-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Sounds awesome dude ;)
Tomorrow i am free to work on this mod with you! :D
We'll see what we can to and since we don't have emitters *yet* :p we may have to script effects in.

Miltiades
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow, even better, then! Nice stuff.

Quanon
12-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, even better, then! Nice stuff.

Thx , but I must admit , getting a statue out of another map Kotor map crossed my mind .

I even thought of using some NPC models , clean them up and all ... but their kinda heavy on polys . And I can't remember what the Max of the engine is :lol: and I'm not going to stress test it . Besides I'd rather have some smooth gameplay , then choppy breathtaking scenes .

And , and , I have been a busy little bee this evening. Just finished modelling - mind you - the Indoor Entrance to this complex !

Testing this out , will be for tomorrow ; Magnusll / Magnulls has send me an other version of Kaurora , who he says should solve the nasty UV deformations , so there's a chance , texture stretch will end to excist .

Big stone Door :
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/EnterTemple2.jpg

Pillars on hights :
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/EnterTemple.jpg

Some weird ribbed roof design ; I might add an extra hall with this kind of roof . Else I fear its a bit of a brake away from the style I've used on the other parts .
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/EnterTemple3.jpg

southern_fox
12-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Great touch. It feels like a cathedral door, but far darker. I can easily imagine that this place was once some sort of sanctuary.

I have a question; and you might have already answered this in bits and pieces, but I get the impression that your inspiration is evolving. What do you have in mind for being the background story for this area? Is it a mausoleum, a forgotten sanctuary, or something else?

Miltiades
12-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Amazing stuff again, Quanon. Incredible. What's that pink thing on the first two screens?

And yeah, I wouldn't test the engine to its limits too much. Besides, the statue you created looks mighty fine. :)

Quanon
12-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Amazing stuff again, Quanon. Incredible. What's that pink thing on the first two screens?

That pinky is what I call the Man_Sized Box :lol: , Its +- the size of a standard man from the kotor game . Like that I already have an idea how things will look or how big it will be in the game .

I have a question; and you might have already answered this in bits and pieces, but I get the impression that your inspiration is evolving. What do you have in mind for being the background story for this area? Is it a mausoleum, a forgotten sanctuary, or something else?

Well , like I said it's a temple and not a gravetomb .

I just imagined it might have been used as a sanctuary/ ritual place of the old and orginal Sith species , before the Dark Jedi arrived .

Perhaps somesort of 'tombe can be added in the lower reaches . I was thinking of adding a small path to that Bridge , which would lead you in this dark abyss . Since that cave structure is so big it would be a shame to waste it .

So its more or less a "church" . I just need to add some statue stuff , I'd might change my mind on the big Jawa dude :D .

But he's one of my first try runs at more organic stuff modelling .
So he'll have to do for the moment .

Salzella
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM
This would be amazing for the Tatooine Rakatan temple, seriously. Amaznig anyway, but even better for the temple.

You know what it looks like to me? One of the temples from Zelda: OOT. Maybe Fire or Spirit... Quanon, go and design for Nintendo!!! :xp:

Miltiades
12-08-2007, 12:42 PM
You know what it looks like to me? One of the temples from Zelda: OOT. Maybe Fire or Spirit... Quanon, go and design for Nintendo!!! :xp:

He's already got the name for it! Quanon leans very close to Ganon. :)

Darth InSidious
12-08-2007, 12:43 PM
My jealousy knows no bounds.

:p

Great stuff, Quanon! :D

Quanon
12-08-2007, 01:23 PM
My jealousy knows no bounds.

:p

Great stuff, Quanon! :D

Hey , thanks.

But your WIP does look sweet to me :p , I'm mainly jealous of the faboleus reskins of characters .

Som minor news : Just completed what I see as the whole temple .

Still need to maka well fitting Walkmesh , its a bit ruff now + all of the other work that stills needs to be done .

And I fear , I noticed some minor framerate drop already . I even didn't add statues ! Then again its a mighty +-12.300 polys .... auch , no wonder Bioware chopped up there areas .

Anywayz , that'll be something for later to try and test out .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Door.jpg

Darth InSidious
12-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey , thanks.

But your WIP does look sweet to me :p , I'm mainly jealous of the faboleus reskins of characters .
Silveredge I ain't. :p

But you're WIP is doing something entirely new. And doing it irritatingly well. :p

I tried doing this stuff - and it's incredibly hard.

Som minor news : Just completed what I see as the whole temple .

Huzzah!

And I fear , I noticed some minor framerate drop already . I even didn't add statues ! Then again its a mighty +-12.300 polys .... auch , no wonder Bioware chopped up there areas .
I take it multi-room .lyt's are still an issue?

Anywayz , that'll be something for later to try and test out .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Door.jpg
O_O

*drools*

Revan_Pwn_Malak
12-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Ok What the heck is up with this? I leave the forums for a couple months to deal with my life and school and i come back to find THIS?! Why was I not informed earlier? Hehe... great work Quanon. I must say that I will definitely be downloading this when you release it.

Quanon
12-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Silveredge I ain't. :p
But you're WIP is doing something entirely new. And doing it irritatingly well. :p
I tried doing this stuff - and it's incredibly hard.

It takes time , but once you spend more then 100 hours in Max you get the hang how to do stuff , but still takes lots of time and some planning .

And LUCK

Huzzah!

Indeed , the newest Kaurora I got has solved the Texture stretch completely , all that has a UV-map looks ace now ; OMG it's so to die for :p

I take it multi-room .lyt's are still an issue?

It should be possible to do , but so far I have not tried it out .
It involves Coordinate stuff and such ... guessing work + I'll first try to get that mini-map in .

*drools*

Soon my friend , very soon ... :lol:

Scrap the 12.000 polys , its 16000 and counting ... 0_Q

Miltiades
12-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Scrap the 12.000 polys , its 16000 and counting ... 0_Q

Ouch... I take it you're going to divide your temple in areas too, then?

magnusll
12-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Indeed , the newest Kaurora I got has solved the Texture stretch completely , all that has a UV-map looks ace now ; OMG it's so to die for :p

Just a few hours ago, the proverbial light-bulb went off and I finally squashed the damn bug that was mangling the textures. It's official: from now on, KAurora knows how to handle all types of UV maps :cool:

It should be possible to do , but so far I have not tried it out .
It involves Coordinate stuff and such ... guessing work + I'll first try to get that mini-map in .

The most difficult and annoying thing would be the actual splitting of the model and the exact positioning of the rooms so they line up correctly. Once you know the coordinates, creating the .lyt file is trivial. I have a suspicion that Bioware handled general area layouts using MilkShape, subsequently importing into 3dsMax for the detail work.
You'd also need to edit the edge adjacencies of the walkmeshes with KAurora, but this is not difficult once you get the hang of it. Still boring, though...

Quanon
12-08-2007, 04:35 PM
The most difficult and annoying thing would be the actual splitting of the model and the exact positioning of the rooms so they line up correctly. Once you know the coordinates, creating the .lyt file is trivial. I have a suspicion that Bioware handled general area layouts using MilkShape, subsequently importing into 3dsMax for the detail work.
You'd also need to edit the edge adjacencies of the walkmeshes with KAurora, but this is not difficult once you get the hang of it. Still boring, though...

o_Q I've been working backwards , I started with loose pieces and plugged them all together ... Splitting it should go easy again ... but I've no clue how the differant AuroraBases work together .

Each piece needs one , but one of them must the Master or Root where all the others relate to , for coordinates ... I think ...

If I'm correct the .lyt is just a list with all the part names .

MasterName
Part1a
Part1b
Part2

Something along those lines + you need to set them in the .are aswell ...
Swooozschh , long dreadfull work :lol:

Anywayz I'll do this kind of thing with simple box-rooms first and all ... If I find the time :p

Temple first , rest of all the crazy stuff later !

southern_fox
12-08-2007, 05:49 PM
This would be amazing for the Tatooine Rakatan temple, seriously. Amaznig anyway, but even better for the temple. You know what it looks like to me? One of the temples from Zelda: OOT. Maybe Fire or Spirit... Quanon, go and design for Nintendo!!!

I'm still holding out hope that Quanon wants to tackle completing the Tatooine Rakatan Temple soon - after this, of course.

I do get a feel that this module resembles the Spirit Temple. Maybe a bit less Egyptian influence though, but the similarities are definitely there.

Darth Xander
12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I am glad your mod is is turning out ok.

magnusll
12-08-2007, 06:41 PM
but I've no clue how the differant AuroraBases work together .

Each piece needs one , but one of them must the Master or Root where all the others relate to , for coordinates ... I think ...

If I'm correct the .lyt is just a list with all the part names .

MasterName
Part1a
Part1b
Part2

Something along those lines + you need to set them in the .are aswell ...

Close. You need to decide how to split up the area into rooms; once you've done this, all you do is to simply create one model for each room, with its own AuroraBase and all the children nodes. The .lyt is just a list of rooms (and a few other things like doors), each one having a set of coordinates. Coordinates do not have any particular meaning, i.e. you don't need a master room at (0, 0, 0) or anything special; they're simply needed to align the rooms, otherwise the game wouldn't know how to place them relative to each other.

You're right about the last part; you need to list all the rooms which make up your area in the .are file. Also, the order in which you list them will be the one used in the walkmesh edge adjacency; i.e if you are editing an edge which leads to, say, the second room in the .are list, you'd need to set the edge adjacency to 1 (the count starts from 0, so 1 actually means "crossing this edge brings you to the second room"). You need to edit this adjacency value for every edge which connects one room to another; even with KAurora visual method, this may be quite boring, especially when you have a large border comprising dozens of edges (like those in the Dantooine outdoors).

glovemaster
12-08-2007, 07:32 PM
You also need to sort out a .VIS file which is set out:
[ROOM NAME][SPACE][NUMBER OF ROOMS VISIBLE FROM THIS ROOM]
[DOUBLE SPACE][FIRST VISIBLE ROOM]
[DOUBLE SPACE][SECOND VIDIBLE ROOM]
[DOUBLE SPACE][THIRD VIDIBLE ROOM]
[SECOND ROOM NAME] [NUMBER OF VISIBLE ROOMS]
[DOUBLE SPACE][FIRST VISIBLE ROOM]
[DOUBLE SPACE][ETC.]

So its kinda like:

NewArea_001a 1
NewArea_001b
NewArea_001b 2
NewArea_001a
NewArea_001c

If you can understand :p If your having problems just ask on MSN :)

H2O
12-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Loving the progress Quanon! Looking amazing. Can't wait for this new version of KAurora to be released!

I had a crack at working with multirooms and .lyt files in TSL and GMAX a while back. I eventually gave up on that, couldn't get anything to align properly and kept getting stuck in one spot without a walkmesh. Here's my learnings in case they help.

I was trying to figure out (without much success) 'what references what' in terms of coordinates:
- Does a .lyt coordinate of (1,1,1) mean it's aurorabase or the GMAX origin will end up at (1,1,1)? (couldn't get either to work)
- Do walkmeshes do the same or are they related to the in some other way?
- Do GMAX coordinates correlate directly to .lyt coordinates?

Anyway, one of my attempted techniques was to create and arrange several rooms in GMAX, and keep all the reference points for each room in one place with respect to the big model. That way you can keep all the different rooms at (0,0,0) in the .lyt and they'll still line up nicely. All you'd need to do is cut up your big model into separate objects and link/export them separately. But as I said I still couldn't get it to work for some reason.

(And might I suggest adding some columns of light? Unless of course it stuffs up whole the 'sith' feel you're going for...)

glovemaster
12-09-2007, 07:01 AM
This is interesting because i had a look at .LYT files a while ago and i have a theory;
The .LYT file does not actually have anything to do the area models and is infact the location for the walkmeshes, i had a closer look and roughtly managed to decompile the walkmeshes with KotOR Tool and imported them into 3DS Max, i then selected the individual meshes and manually typed the coordinates from the .LYT file. I found that the meshes actually aligned to form the area i was creating, it was about 98% accurate but that maybe down to Bioware not aligning meshes properly.
I suppose this doesnt answer the question as to how the area models are actually aligned but i *think* that KotOR aligns the corresponding MDL, MDX file's walkmesh (The walkmesh actually in the model, sometimes "WalkMesh" or align those lines) with the positioned walkmesh file.

Like i said, its just a theory but i've tested a few things and its the only explanation i can see.

Hope that helps ;)

magnusll
12-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I was trying to figure out (without much success) 'what references what' in terms of coordinates:
- Does a .lyt coordinate of (1,1,1) mean it's aurorabase or the GMAX origin will end up at (1,1,1)? (couldn't get either to work)
- Do walkmeshes do the same or are they related to the in some other way?
- Do GMAX coordinates correlate directly to .lyt coordinates?

I can tell you this, as I had to learn it the hard way while figuring out walkmeshes...

Basically, the .lyt coordinates represent a translation matrix which gets automatically applied to every node of the room model (not just the AuroraBase). So if, for example, you have one room at (100, 100, 0) in the .lyt, all the objects of that room will be displaced by 100 units (I think the game uses meters?) in the X and Y direction. If a node's base coordinates in Gmax were (20, 30, 5), they would become (120, 130, 5) within the game due to the .lyt displacement.

Incidentally, the .lyt translation is the sole reason the "refactor" menu item exists in KAurora. You see, walkmeshes need to be stored in ABSOLUTE coordinates. When KAurora imports a walkmesh from NWMax, it obviously knows its Max coordinates, but it can't know whether these coordinates are final or if a .lyt translation will happen; so it needs to be told this bit of info. It would be possible to let it automatically learn the data by reading the appropriate .lyt file, but it's a feature I'll add later as it' s secondary; manually entering the .lyt coords takes a few seconds anyway, and you only need to do it once for each room before generating the .wok.

Glovemaster: you' re right about the .VIS file; note though that it's not really mandatory. The .vis is used by the game to ease the workload of the graphic engine, by telling it which rooms are visible from each other room, so it can skip the rendering of all rooms which are not visible from the player's point of view. If it is not specified, I believe the game will default to rendering all the rooms in the area (though of course it will still use view frustum culling and all the rest of existing 3d techniques to avoid computing unnecessary objects).
Of course, if you went all the way to splitting your area into rooms to ease the graphic workload, you might as well complete the job and properly edit your .vis file, otherwise the rest of the work would become moot...

H2O
12-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks magnusll, that makes sense now. Very strange how it does that, but at least there's a solution available.

note though that it's not really mandatory

No, no, no! The .vis is absolutely mandatory!
Much content + much coolness = many polys ;)
Push the engine to its limits I say. :D

Quanon
12-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks magnusll, that makes sense now. Very strange how it does that, but at least there's a solution available.

No, no, no! The .vis is absolutely mandatory!
Much content + much coolness = many polys ;)
Push the engine to its limits I say. :D

:lol:

Man , I'll have to read through these post a few times ...

My head is spinning with all that info ... and I'm a sucker in Math .
So matrixes scare the hell out of me :p

But I believe GM will guide me through this maze of .lyt and .vis .

Their both important as I fear I reached a point to how much polys you can put in a one room area .

A frightfull aspect is that it might go choppy when I add enemys , so far the thing runs smooth , but that could all change when other objects , besides the party are running around .

Creating sounds , running AI scripts and all , creates other pressure on the engine ...

If I look at my area and the way I went about to model it ; I'd say I've got about 6 rooms .

Not much , allthough I would need to remake the walk meshes .

Ugh , all the sudden the work load grows beyond ... :lol:

Anyway , I feel I'm nearly there to give out some sort of Béta .

All this .lyt and .vis will be for a time later .

And I would prefer to test it out with simple box models , just to see how things actually work , before trying to do this with more complex models .

Quanon
12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Bump :lol:

Not really ...

Some news ( later when that blasted Terragen finishes rendering ) .

Question ( GM or Magnusll , HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPP ) :

So I looked to create that mini-map ...

I went into Max and noted these Coordinates down for the WalkMesh :

the 0,0 point or most upper left point was : X1 = -3292,49 , Y1 = 11996,427
the most down to the right point : X2 = 2761,488 , Y2 = -5527,42

So after some Math , I got that the X runs from 0 <=> 6053,978
and the Y runs from 0 <=> 17523,847

That's a bit big pixelwize , so I divided by 100 => So I got something like this :

61 pix / 175 pix a bit weird , but my Walkmesh is not a nice fitting squerre .

I took a topdown render , fiddled with Photoshop to make it fit the size and then started to look in the .are file .

Should I set

WorldPt 1X and 1Y still to 0
and put 2X and 2Y to 61 and 175

and Keep the MapPt X1 and Y1 to 0,1
X2 and Y2 = 0,9

OR is it totally differant and I should use the big numbers from Max to set everything straight .

So far no mini-map popped-up ...

If anyone has more brain-power for these kind of things , please help me out :D

Quanon
12-10-2007, 04:42 PM
The News :

After working on this all day , I finannly got some satisfaction with this outdoor area ...

Its still not perfect need , to fiddle with that AuroraMesh modifier for the skybox . Bit to bright still , its dawn and the sky turn purple / orangy .
Nice long shadows of the PC and party :D , allthough I'll need to make some parts dubblesided .
Allthough a large part is still cliff , but you get a look at the strolling wasteland .

But I got a sky I want ... custom made :p
+ some minor things need to get fixed .

*hopes LKA_SKY01 doesn't override a texture*

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_END1.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_END2.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_END3.jpg

Marius Fett
12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Looking Good!!!

glovemaster
12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
This is looking awesome, when you finish send it over so i can finish the link between it and the cave and get those scripts in ;)

About this minimap, you will need to make sure it is names lbl_mapm77aa.tga (or lbl_mapm77ab if its the tomb)

Incorrect naming is the only explaination i can think of for the map to not show at all...

LeftWing
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
After reading the entire thread, have to admit: Looks damn good,
Never knew it was possible to model a map for KotOR, and in other words: You've just inspired me to do something myself :).

You still seem to have some slight UV-map issues though on the buildings :( (the texture stretching still looks too funky).

sekan
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Nice work :thmbup1:

Quanon
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
After reading the entire thread, have to admit: Looks damn good,
Never knew it was possible to model a map for KotOR, and in other words: You've just inspired me to do something myself :).

You still seem to have some slight UV-map issues though on the buildings :( (the texture stretching still looks too funky).

I know , I rotated the temple , then used the ResetXform and that my friends killed the UV :( ...

I'll have to redo that .

Incorrect naming is the only explaination i can think of for the map to not show at all...

Wait a minute if I dumb those brackets [name] it will show up ??
Besides the .mod is called NewArea002 => So thats the name I used for the map o_Q , but it should be the name of the model ?

Worth a test then :lol:

EDIT : The mini-map appears now , but it looks like crap .
In the Menu where you can view the map , I only get the top left ... so it got stretched out somehow ...

While in the game-world I't gets reaped , so its to narrow ... :(
Bummer ... I got no idea what I'm doing ...

Darth InSidious
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
O_O

There aren't words to describe the awesomeness found here.

LeftWing
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I know , I rotated the temple , then used the ResetXform and that my friends killed the UV ...

Boooooh! :(
But from what I'm seeing the meshes aren't sickingly (English?) complex, so I hope you can get them re-uv'd in a good fast rate seeing I would find it very interesting how the final thing looks like, and how it was compiled.

H2O
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
OR is it totally differant and I should use the big numbers from Max to set everything straight .

I thought it worked more like this:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2395316&postcount=134
but like Magnusll I've never tried it.

I notice though that your WorldPts would be far bigger than anything in any other .are files that I've seen. I've noticed it in my own stuff as well, including placable locations. Not entirely sure why this is, perhaps something gets changed after so many exports/imports? Perhaps you might try getting your WorldPts in-game somehow.

glovemaster
12-11-2007, 04:10 AM
EDIT : The mini-map appears now , but it looks like crap .
In the Menu where you can view the map , I only get the top left ... so it got stretched out somehow ...
Okie Dokie Q, i think this requires some serious attention :p
I'll see you on MSN abouts 17:00 say? Uh, thats about 18:00 for you then :D

Quanon
12-11-2007, 07:13 AM
I thought it worked more like this:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2395316&postcount=134
but like Magnusll I've never tried it.

I notice though that your WorldPts would be far bigger than anything in any other .are files that I've seen. I've noticed it in my own stuff as well, including placable locations. Not entirely sure why this is, perhaps something gets changed after so many exports/imports? Perhaps you might try getting your WorldPts in-game somehow.

Thanks for the help !

I noticed that in the Max scene space , I work with cm's , so you usually get big numbers .

Though its often a floating point number , the point shifts two places to the left in the exported ASCII file when I look things up .

So something about 500.0 cm => become 5.00 , so ASCII works in meters I guess .

Then again I'll use the big numbers now and shift the floating point two places .
Perhaps this will give me a better result .

Okie Dokie Q, i think this requires some serious attention
I'll see you on MSN abouts 17:00 say? Uh, thats about 18:00 for you then

Save me GM !!! :lol:

See you at six ;)

EDIT ; Did another test run on the mini-map affaire , this time with a box that is 80 in the game . In Max it goes from LeftUpperCorner -4000, -4000 to RightButtomCorner 4000,4000 .

Still no good results , I tried the 0,0 | 80,80 WorldPt values .
I also tried -40,-40 | 40,40 values , no results either.
I even used rediculs 4000 values ( since that is the number in Max )
But the shifting of the floating point is correct .

-4000 , -4000 ( X, Y) in Max becomes -40, -40 in the game ( long live the whereami cheat :) )

Another perculier thing is that the little arrow that presents the PC on the mini-map was walking backwards , though I was really going forward .

Oddities :lol: *sigh*

Thing is wathever I change the mini-map gets displayed about 9 to 12 times , but in the map menu I get one ugly stretched blurred thing ...

Its close I feel ...

I might have to change the MapPt points to , I only worked on the WorldPt points .

magnusll
12-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Bump :lol:
Question ( GM or Magnusll , HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPP ) :

So I looked to create that mini-map ...

I went into Max and noted these Coordinates down for the WalkMesh :

the 0,0 point or most upper left point was : X1 = -3292,49 , Y1 = 11996,427
the most down to the right point : X2 = 2761,488 , Y2 = -5527,42

So after some Math , I got that the X runs from 0 <=> 6053,978
and the Y runs from 0 <=> 17523,847

That's a bit big pixelwize , so I divided by 100 => So I got something like this :

61 pix / 175 pix a bit weird , but my Walkmesh is not a nice fitting squerre .

I took a topdown render , fiddled with Photoshop to make it fit the size and then started to look in the .are file .

Should I set

WorldPt 1X and 1Y still to 0
and put 2X and 2Y to 61 and 175

and Keep the MapPt X1 and Y1 to 0,1
X2 and Y2 = 0,9

You've got it all wrong :D

WorldPt1X and Y = the Max coordinates of your upper left corner. And BTW, are your Max units set in meters? If not, set them to meters and check them again.

WorldPt2X and Y = Max coordinates of bottom right

MapPt1X and Y = the UV coordinates of the map pixel you want to correspond to the upper left point. If you didn't add any border, those would be (0, 0). If you added a border, you need to compute them.

E.G:
- let's assume your map image is 50x80 (btw, your map size need not be equal to the area size in meters. You should be able size your map pretty much however you like, though I'm not sure of this)
- you add a 10 pixel wide border around the image
- the upper left corner has now been displaced 10 pixel to the right and to the bottom by the border, so the UV coordinates (in pixels) would be (11,11)
- you need to express those UV coordinates in the range [0, 1] instead of pixels, where 0 = first pixel to the left (and top), and 1 = last pixel to the right (and bottom)
- your map total size is now 70x100 (the original 50x80 + the border on both sides)
- 11/70 = 0.15714
- 11/100 = 0.11
- so your MapPt1X = 0.15714, Y = 0.11
- the bottom right corner was originally at (50,80). It is now at (60,90)
- 60/70 = 0.85714
- 90/100 = 0.9
- so your MapPt2X = 0.85714, Y = 0.9

Of course, if your map size and/or border size is different you need to redo the math ;P

Let me know how it goes....

Quanon
12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
You've got it all wrong :D
- let's assume your map image is 50x80 (btw, your map size need not be equal to the area size in meters. You should be able size your map pretty much however you like, though I'm not sure of this)
- you add a 10 pixel wide border around the image
- the upper left corner has now been displaced 10 pixel to the right and to the bottom by the border, so the UV coordinates (in pixels) would be (11,11)
- you need to express those UV coordinates in the range [0, 1] instead of pixels, where 0 = first pixel to the left (and top), and 1 = last pixel to the right (and bottom)
- your map total size is now 70x100 (the original 50x80 + the border on both sides)
- 11/70 = 0.15714
- 11/100 = 0.11
- so your MapPt1X = 0.15714, Y = 0.11
- the bottom right corner was originally at (50,80). It is now at (60,90)
- 60/70 = 0.85714
- 90/100 = 0.9
- so your MapPt2X = 0.85714, Y = 0.9

Of course, if your map size and/or border size is different you need to redo the math ;P

Let me know how it goes....

Okay , I'll type my Math down here , check it out ;) for dumb mistakes .

WorldPt X1 : -32,92
WorldPt Y1 : 119,96

WorldPt X2 : 27,61
WorldPt Y2 : -55,27

So the image becomes about 61 / 175 pix

I then add the borders => 81/195

I then do the magic math part ( you never mentioned dividing by 11 !! :lol:)

MapPt X1 => 11/81 = 0,1358
MapPt Y1 => 11/195 = 0,0564

MapPt X2 => 11/71 = 0,1549
MapPt Y2 => 11/185 = 0,0594

Correct ?

I'll let you know how it went in a zippy .

stretched and looking ugly :(

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/YuckyMap.jpg

Repeating map stuff :
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/YuckyMap2.jpg

magnusll
12-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Okay , I'll type my Math down here , check it out ;) for dumb mistakes .

WorldPt X1 : -32,92
WorldPt Y1 : 119,96

WorldPt X2 : 27,61
WorldPt Y2 : -55,27

This is correct.
[EDIT] Actually I'm not sure... is the Y axis reversed in Max? Shouldn't Y1 and Y2 be reversed?

So the image becomes about 61 / 175 pix

I then add the borders => 81/195

I then do the magic math part ( you never mentioned dividing by 11 !! :lol:)

MapPt X1 => 11/81 = 0,1358
MapPt Y1 => 11/195 = 0,0564

MapPt X2 => 11/71 = 0,1549
MapPt Y2 => 11/185 = 0,0594

Correct ?

No ;P

Provided your original map is indeex 61x175, and becomes 81x195 after adding borders:

MapPt X2 = 71/81 = 0.87654
MapPt Y2 = 185/195 = 0.94871

xrefusex
12-11-2007, 09:21 AM
I feel I have opened a can of worms with the mini-map! Still, everything looks sweet, quite like the skyline and colours of your Korriban exterior, although perhaps for reasons of continuity, shouldn't it match the sky of the rest of the planet and be sunny? Unless you plan on adding your sky to the other modules ;D

magnusll
12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I feel I have opened a can of worms with the mini-map!

Testing is a dirty job, but someone has got to do it... in our case, Quanon gets to have all the fun by testing my half-baked theories about how the game engine really works ;P

Jokes aside, this will be useful as I'll be able to include a mini-map utility module in KAurora once we have figured out how those values really work.

Quanon
12-11-2007, 10:43 AM
This is correct.
[EDIT] Actually I'm not sure... is the Y axis reversed in Max? Shouldn't Y1 and Y2 be reversed?

Good chance I switched the numbers ! :headbump:

No ;P

Provided your original map is indeex 61x175, and becomes 81x195 after adding borders:

MapPt X2 = 71/81 = 0.87654
MapPt Y2 = 185/195 = 0.94871

AAAARRGHHH ! No wonder I got no success :headbump:

I feel I have opened a can of worms with the mini-map! Still, everything looks sweet, quite like the skyline and colours of your Korriban exterior, although perhaps for reasons of continuity, shouldn't it match the sky of the rest of the planet and be sunny? Unless you plan on adding your sky to the other
modules ;D

Don't worry it doesn't slow me to much down ! The areas are 99% ready 3D wise .

I'm just tweaking stuff here and there ... like changing the sky for instance .
I tested it out with the orginal Korriban sky , but it just didn't fit ...
So I opted for a selfmade sky .

I'm going to change the lighting again , I added statues and stuff but they feel "flat" , allthough shadows are on .

Weirdness allround .

xrefusex
12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Glad to hear so! I guess I can come off being an uber-fan or something. :)

Random plot/aesthetic suggestion: It'd be interesting, plot-wise, to include the wreckage of a downed Mandalorian craft containing the weapons cache that you interogate the Mandalorian prisoner in the Sith Academy for (it a Mandalorian craft, right, or am I imagining it?). Weapons, a datapad and a quest entry (I'm just getting into that area of modding) would do the trick: I always felt a bit jipped for not getting anything more from that quest. Shame porting is a no-no, as there was that neat Basilisk model in TSL!

Quanon
12-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Glad to hear so! I guess I can come off being an uber-fan or something. :)

Random plot/aesthetic suggestion: It'd be interesting, plot-wise, to include the wreckage of a downed Mandalorian craft containing the weapons cache that you interogate the Mandalorian prisoner in the Sith Academy for (it a Mandalorian craft, right, or am I imagining it?). Weapons, a datapad and a quest entry (I'm just getting into that area of modding) would do the trick: I always felt a bit jipped for not getting anything more from that quest. Shame porting is a no-no, as there was that neat Basilisk model in TSL!

I'm going to decline that little request :)

Allthough I had no idea there was quest about an mandalorian on Korriban ???

Modelling a mandi spaceship ? Wooosshhh , a bit to much to add right now .

Not that it is a bad idea , mind you . And I'm gratefull for all the support :D

Anyway some news on the outdoor area ; I Declare it finished ! There still some ugly glitches here and there ... but they'll have to stay for the moment .

Some screens will show of the new lightning and Déco stuff added .
Keep your hankys ready for the drool , as I'm in love the lighting of this baby .
Warm Orangy highlights and a colder purplish tint for the shadowy areas :p .

EDIT : On the mini-map stuff , could I get the right X,Y coords out of the exported ASCII file ?

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_END5.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_END6.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_END7.jpg

Pavlos
12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
This is truly stunning work. Keep it up! :)

Marius Fett
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Looks awsome!

Can't wait for the release!

sekan
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Very nice :D Keep ut the good work

Sith Holocron
12-11-2007, 01:01 PM
It's looking great so far.

In reference to the Mandalorian Cache Quest: To start this side-quest, go to the interrogation room of the Academy and speak to the Sith torturer. He's having no luck extracting information from the Mandalorian prisoner about his weapons cache. Basically you agree to take over from the torturer to get the info. There are light side and dark side ways of dealing with this. I believe this may be related to one of the ways to acquire prestige with Uthar Wynn.

magnusll
12-11-2007, 01:04 PM
EDIT : On the mini-map stuff , could I get the right X,Y coords out of the exported ASCII file ?

You can get the borders of the walkable area by looking at the very first bounding box of the walkmesh. This would be the line which starts with "aabb".

The problem is that for this to work, you would have to create your map image so that it corresponds exactly with the walkmesh. I.e. the top border of the map should coincide with the top border of the walkmesh, the left with the left and so on.

Miltiades
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Neat! :p Love the lightning. :)

Marius Fett
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
If I remember correctly Uthar tells you he has scrapped the Mandalorians ship...

Salzella
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
dude, that sky looks sick :D

Quanon
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
You can get the borders of the walkable area by looking at the very first bounding box of the walkmesh. This would be the line which starts with "aabb".

The problem is that for this to work, you would have to create your map image so that it corresponds exactly with the walkmesh. I.e. the top border of the map should coincide with the top border of the walkmesh, the left with the left and so on.

Hmmzz ... I'll have to look into that .

Getting a good fitting render is one of the problems to .
I'dd might have to look up some things in my Max Bible ( great book :) )

In my last test run I'd had a better result , the mini-map was less stretched/squashed in the menu and it wasn't repeated in the game itself .

Still its oddly how that damn Y-axis works in Max ...

I'll have go at this later on ; I'm know giving 300 Cylinders a UV-map o_Q
God I start to hate temples and churches now :lol:

Lord2
12-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Great, I'm new to this thread and I've to ask:
how big area are you making and will you somehow add it to the storyline?

RyuuKage
12-11-2007, 07:18 PM
wow guys, really awesome work! it's great to see that people are still working on stuff like this, hehe.

H2O
12-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Woah, awesome sky! What did you use to make it? (or is that a trade secret...;))

Testing is a dirty job, but someone has got to do it... in our case, Quanon gets to have all the fun by testing my half-baked theories about how the game engine really works ;P

Quanon, this work is very exciting. Between this thread and your tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184166), you and Magnusll have solved most of the major issues I've come across in area creation. I think thanks are in order :D

magnusll
12-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Getting a good fitting render is one of the problems to .
I'dd might have to look up some things in my Max Bible ( great book :) )

You might want to look for orthogonal projections, though I have no clue if Max uses this terminology.

In DirectX you can ask for a render with a camera which sits "on top" of the image, looking straight down, and with a field of view specified in pixels (height and width). This is what I use for walkmesh rendering, and the starting position when you render a model. By positioning the camera in the center of the rectangle you wish to render, and giving the height and width of the rectangle as the field of view, you'd get the required result.

Alternate method: simply render your image however you like, but make a point of writing down the Max coordinates of the top-left and bottom-right corners of the image you rendered. Then tell me these coordinates along with those written in the "aabb" line, and I'll give you the magic numbers :)

Quanon
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
You might want to look for orthogonal projections, though I have no clue if Max uses this terminology.

Luck was with me here :) , orthogonal is an option you can put "on" in the camera in Max , hoera !

So I did another of couple of test runs on this mini-map stuff .
This time I modelled myself a nice Box of 80 m / 80 m .

Just like your example Magnusll .

WorldPt X1 : -40
WorldPt Y1 : 40
" X2 : 40
" Y2 : -40

I double checked that out in the game aswell with the whereami cheat .
Allthough the first aabb line (in the exported ASCII file ) says this :

-40.0 -40.0 0.0 40.0 40.0 17.5745 -1

MapPt X1/Y1 : 0,11
MapPt X2/Y2 : 0,9

Plus the nice render , adjusted with photoshop to fit the 100x100 pix .

Things should have turned out great , but they didn't :(

Changed WorldPt point X1/Y1 to 40 , the Pt X2/Y2 to -40 .

Didn't work , went for the wild gues of the WorldPt of 0,0 and 80,80 ...
no results either .

Went totally wild used the orginal render of 512x512 pix ... ofcourse no results .

And the stupid box model makes Kotor crash :headbump: , a 16 000 poly model works fine , a less then 40 polys crashes ... ugh ...

Anyway I just used the walkmesh , don't need a model to see if it works .

EDIT : Whatever I switch around of the values 40 and -40 in the WorldPt doesn't help , I just gets more confusing because , when I move the PC to the right , the map goes left and all that crazy stuff .

The map picture itself seems to get applied totally wrong , I always spawn straight into 0,0,0 , but already , the arrow representing the PC is at the far left ... Something is going wrong here ...

Though I've seen these 3 options wich we didn't talk about :

MapResX : 1
MapZoom : 1
NorthAxis : 0

What Max values can I give these INT's , 8 ? 32 ?

Maybe one of these isn't set correctly ?

Allthough I think the NorthAxis is of no importance ...

herosinger
12-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Wowweee! I want one!

magnusll
12-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Luck was with me here :) , orthogonal is an option you can put "on" in the camera in Max , hoera !

So I did another of couple of test runs on this mini-map stuff .
This time I modelled myself a nice Box of 80 m / 80 m .

Just like your example Magnusll .

WorldPt X1 : -40
WorldPt Y1 : 40
" X2 : 40
" Y2 : -40

I double checked that out in the game aswell with the whereami cheat .
Allthough the first aabb line (in the exported ASCII file ) says this :

-40.0 -40.0 0.0 40.0 40.0 17.5745 -1

MapPt X1/Y1 : 0,11
MapPt X2/Y2 : 0,9

Plus the nice render , adjusted with photoshop to fit the 100x100 pix .

Things should have turned out great , but they didn't :(

Hmm... did you stretch the map image or did you add a border to it?
The AABB is correct, BTW... and the Worldpt are correct, I checked a couple of them and Y1 > Y2. What happened exactly with this first set of values?
[EDIT] Actually sometimes Y1 < Y2, but when this happens it looks like it is accompanied by MapPt Y1 > Y2 too, so it is consistent.

Though I've seen these 3 options wich we didn't talk about :

MapResX : 1
MapZoom : 1
NorthAxis : 0

What Max values can I give these INT's , 8 ? 32 ?

Maybe one of these isn't set correctly ?

Allthough I think the NorthAxis is of no importance ...

As far as I know, NorthAxis is always 0 (I think it identifies which of the four axes corresponds to the North direction) and MapZoom is 1. MapResX varies, and if memory serves it tells the game how much of the map gets "discovered" once you walk nearby.

Quanon
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Hmm... did you stretch the map image or did you add a border to it?

Yes and no :) , the orginal render was 512x512 , I made a new file in photoshop of 100x100 , I outlined the 10pix border. Then dragged in the Render , scaled it down to fit the 80x80 squarre .

Anyway as long as the map is 100x100 it should work right ?

As far as I know, NorthAxis is always 0 (I think it identifies which of the four axes corresponds to the North direction) and MapZoom is 1. MapResX varies, and if memory serves it tells the game how much of the map gets "discovered" once you walk nearby.

ah , ok . Mapzoom looked interresting :p .

Some ohter news : both areas are finished , really finished this time .

Its now just creating correct .mod files , filling the thing up with enenmys and things to loot :p .

And since where working with 2 , GM and me , I could give a positve view , we migth get things finished somewhere at the end of next week .

Good enough for a 1.0 version release !

:lol: YOU ARE NOT PREPARED !!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_Asword.jpg

sekan
12-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I can't wait :D

Master Zionosis
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Very nice, can't wait to test this out.

I should really get on MSN, we ain't spoken in a while Q :D

Sith Holocron
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Will any voice-work be included with your mod?

Sarthos
12-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Wow, this looks quite awesome. If only I ever learned how to mod...

Where is this gonna be released at, once its done?

Jammy-Jedi
12-14-2007, 07:45 AM
looking good keep up the great work.

magnusll
12-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes and no :) , the orginal render was 512x512 , I made a new file in photoshop of 100x100 , I outlined the 10pix border. Then dragged in the Render , scaled it down to fit the 80x80 squarre .

Anyway as long as the map is 100x100 it should work right ?

The MapPt values are not linked to the image size; rather, they're linked to the UV coordinates of the pixels corresponding to the WorldPt points.

I.e. a MapPt1 of (0.1, 0.1) would mean the pixel corresponding to the WorldPt1 is at position (0.1, 0.1) [= 10% height and 10% width] of the map image. At least, it does if my theory is correct ;P

So if you put in:

MapPt1 = (0.1, 0.1)
MapPt2 = (0.9, 0.9)

this means that, when your PC walks at the world coordinates in Worldpt1, he'll be drawn on top of the map pixel at coords (0.1, 0.1), and when he walks at WorldPt2 he's drawn on top of the pixel at (0.9, 0.9).

Hope it is clear... ?

glovemaster
12-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Will any voice-work be included with your mod?
It is difficult to say at the moment, our idea for the "boss" is not really capable of speaking i'll let Q post about that since he's working on the models and textures. But i think that it is unlikely.

Marius Fett
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Can't wait for this to come out....

I bet it gets over 1000 downloads in the first two days.... :D

Miltiades
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Yay! Great work, you two! Can't wait to try it out. :)

Quanon
12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
It is difficult to say at the moment, our idea for the "boss" is not really capable of speaking i'll let Q post about that since he's working on the models and textures. But i think that it is unlikely.

I'll try to do some reskins of a certain monster :)

If it's going to be a boss , I'm not sure .

Besides , I didn't see this area with a quest , it's just an extra to explore and get some nice loot from .

I've now been busy on creating a new ancient sword :lol: , sounds a weird ...

EDIT : weapon is broken , so it gets scratched ,=> of the list .
Compiling it with Kaurora makes K1 crash whenever it starts a "fighting" animation or "Force-Power" animations . You can run , walk and talk , but thats not where a sword is for :(

Compiling it with MDlops , displaces the weapon heavly , allthough I corrected the ASCII , before replacing .

And Hex editing is no use ... its not readable , expect the texture ...

Dang !

Plus I need to do that certain monster skin + 2 new placeables .

Better get working .

@Magnusll : so 0,1/0,1 will correspont with the first upper , most left pixel of any given image ? And 0,9 /0,9 with extreem right bottom pixel ?

I don't get it how the UV uses the texture(mini-map) , it looks like it's scaling my orginal down , there's just one thing not fitting correctly .

Inyri
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
EDIT : weapon is broken , so it gets scratched ,=> of the list .You want some help?

Quanon
12-14-2007, 02:52 PM
You want some help?

That would be very kind ! And needed ...

I got this : AUCH !!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Auch.jpg

Marius Fett
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Ouch! That looks painful! :lol:

Inyri
12-14-2007, 03:04 PM
That's a crazy sword. :p

Do you always remember to reset your xforms before linking your models?

magnusll
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
EDIT : weapon is broken , so it gets scratched ,=> of the list .
Compiling it with Kaurora makes K1 crash whenever it starts a "fighting" animation or "Force-Power" animations . You can run , walk and talk , but thats not where a sword is for :(

KAurora doesn't handle animations yet.

@Magnusll : so 0,1/0,1 will correspont with the first upper , most left pixel of any given image ? And 0,9 /0,9 with extreem right bottom pixel ?

I don't get it how the UV uses the texture(mini-map) , it looks like it's scaling my orginal down , there's just one thing not fitting correctly .

Nope. If you want to use the topmost, leftmost pixel for your WorldPt1 coordinate, you should use (0, 0). The rightmost, bottommost would be (1, 1).

Ok, here it is what I think... again ;) : the game engine, to correctly draw the minimap, needs to match a pixel on your map with a coordinate in the world.
It does so by specifying which pixel of your map (MapPt1) matches the upper left corner of the area (WorldPt1) and which pixel (MapPt2) matches the bottom right corner (WorldPt2).

Nominally, it would only need one pair of coordinates (the WorldPt) by automatically assigning the upper left map pixel to the first corner and the bottom right pixel to the second corner.
For reasons which I do not fully understand, it uses the second set of coordinates (the MapPt) so that the upper left world point does NOT necessarily correspond to the upper left map pixel, but instead it matches the map pixel at coordinates (MapPt1X, MapPt1Y). Effectively, the MapPt values are UV coordinates into the map image for the points at the WorldPt values.

If you want to go for the simple route, and simply assign the top left pixel to the top left point, and the bottom right pixel to the bottom right point, use MapPt of (0, 0) and (1, 1).

Quanon
12-14-2007, 03:40 PM
KAurora doesn't handle animations yet.

But the sword itself doesn't contain any animations ?
It just gets used in animations , wich seem to cause K1 to crash .

Though the wierd part is , the sword looks more stable then the gun .
Gun crahes after a certain time , whatever I do . Still it doesn't crash in a fighting anim .

The sword only crashes in the combat stuff ...
Cause I've been running around with it and whenever you arm yourself , you get that , I draw my weapon flourish . Those are animations ... but it doesn't crash there .

Anyway , your the smartguy on this Magnusll .

So I'll take your word for it that'tll have to be patient .

Nope. If you want to use the topmost, leftmost pixel for your WorldPt1 coordinate, you should use (0, 0). The rightmost, bottommost would be (1, 1).

Ok, here it is what I think... again ;) : the game engine, to correctly draw the minimap, needs to match a pixel on your map with a coordinate in the world.
It does so by specifying which pixel of your map (MapPt1) matches the upper left corner of the area (WorldPt1) and which pixel (MapPt2) matches the bottom right corner (WorldPt2).

Nominally, it would only need one pair of coordinates (the WorldPt) by automatically assigning the upper left map pixel to the first corner and the bottom right pixel to the second corner.
For reasons which I do not fully understand, it uses the second set of coordinates (the MapPt) so that the upper left world point does NOT necessarily correspond to the upper left map pixel, but instead it matches the map pixel at coordinates (MapPt1X, MapPt1Y). Effectively, the MapPt values are UV coordinates into the map image for the points at the WorldPt values.

If you want to go for the simple route, and simply assign the top left pixel to the top left point, and the bottom right pixel to the bottom right point, use MapPt of (0, 0) and (1, 1).

I'll have to check that out then ...

Other bad news , Kaurora now refuses to compile my Placeable object .

No clue , why ... it got everything setup , just like an area .

Grumble , I might have to redo this thing .

Being a test it out dude , can be so annoying :lol:

But I kick on the satisfaction when things finanlly work out .

EDIT : Great news everyone , Thanks to InyriForge , the blade is back ! Alive and kicking !

And I've been fiddling with txi effects for a beasty , a small previewish screens. Let me know what looks best , the Blue-ish CM_Bright effect or the Saber hue effect . Though it turns see through on the black , I think I could use this for the Force Ghosts . It reminds of the movie Forbidden Planet .

Great stuff ...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_AATentarak2.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/AA_Reddy.jpg

magnusll
12-14-2007, 06:27 PM
But the sword itself doesn't contain any animations ?
It just gets used in animations , wich seem to cause K1 to crash .

Other bad news , Kaurora now refuses to compile my Placeable object .

Send me the crashy stuff. I'll do a debug pass with the models, and trust me when I say that having the problematic models available is going to save me A LOT of time while looking for bugs...

glovemaster
12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow Q, i love the bottom screenshot, thats a wicked ghost-thing, we can make 2 different models depending on the alignment if you want ;)

RyuuKage
12-14-2007, 10:16 PM
holy crap those terentatek edits are awesome...so many possibilities...heck, Ajunta Pall can be made to actually look like a ghost! lol

southern_fox
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
A ghostly terentatek...

Fantastic idea for an enemy.

herosinger
12-15-2007, 01:19 AM
holy crap those terentatek edits are awesome...so many possibilities...heck, Ajunta Pall can be made to actually look like a ghost! lol
It's been done, though in a different way: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ajunta_Pall_Unique_Appearance;82733

By the way, those terentateks looks awesome.

Quanon
12-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Send me the crashy stuff. I'll do a debug pass with the models, and trust me when I say that having the problematic models available is going to save me A LOT of time while looking for bugs...

I'll do my best to create them ! :lol:

Though the sword is now playable .

To the others : I'd thought the red one was uber to !

I'll have a play around with differant shades and such .
Then I'll have to setup a .uti for this beast and have a look if I don't
need to add this texture varaint in a 2DA somewhere .

Some yellow and orang joins the show :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_AAReddy.jpg

Miltiades
12-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Terentatek reskins look awesome! :)

Salzella
12-15-2007, 02:59 PM
wow, that terentarek looks orgasmic. boss fight perhaps? ;)

Darth Payne
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Looking VERY good.

Maybe muting the colors is a good idea?

I don't think dark side creatures wiuld be all that colorfull really.

Color scheme: Good.
Color Brightness: Not So Good.

Marius Fett
12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Well their dark creatures aint they...
Creatures of the Force which means they would probably be bright....

Quanon
12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Color scheme: Good.
Color Brightness: Not So Good.

Yeah , I think the first one was a bit better , one color onstead of "I colored my nails yellow" :lol:

It's just testing fun , nothing definetive , besides you'll fight a Tentarak or two ,three , four ... ? :p

wow, that terentarek looks orgasmic. boss fight perhaps?

A mysterious new party member !

Nah , its going to be the pet of the boss or the boss .

Not sure what I should do .

I'm waiting for the GM to show up , guess he"s caught up in work today .

Some screens of a test run on placing enemys

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_ABlueFun.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_RedSith.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_AAEvilSithy.jpg

glovemaster
12-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Niiiiiice Q these reskins are lookin real sexy :p

Can't wait to get these in-game, we will have to sort out separate models to make sure they arn't overwriting the exisiting skins ;)

Ferc Kast
12-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Looks nice; I hope the PC has a big bandage for the damage done by that red Dark Jedi in the second picture. :lol:

Darth Xander
12-15-2007, 05:02 PM
That would be very kind ! And needed ...

I got this : AUCH !!!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Auch.jpgCool looking weapon, I hope it makes those Tenteneraks run away :lol:

Inyri
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
http://inyri.flowinternet.net/images/projects/quanon_sword.jpg

I got it textured and working properly for him. :)

Quanon
12-15-2007, 06:05 PM
I got it textured and working properly for him. :)

And I'm forever in your debt :)

Because of your great tip , I delved deep into my Hard Drive and found those guns who refused to work correctly .

Now they do ! Yippieeeeeeeeeee ! 2 of the 3 is now in the game .

Me thinks this will add more goodies to the temple mod .

And I have finannly a Blue-ish Jedi ghost , with a normal head though ...
I'll have to find out the right setting in the .uti file ...

THe manly sith is now reddish to ! Hurraaaaaaaa .

Allthough I'll now have to do some serious 2DA editing , cause I don't think you want to fight glowing Sith on the Star Forge .

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_ABLueJedi.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/A_AAEvilSithy-1.jpg

Miltiades
12-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Nice new weapon. Force ghosts look cool too.

xrefusex
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Like how them ghosts look! Looking good...

About the Sith Ghosts 'showing' up on the Star Forge though... maybe that can be wrapped up by a quest or cutscene? Like Malak has summoned them or something.

Ferc Kast
12-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Allthough I'll now have to do some serious 2DA editing , cause I don't think you want to fight glowing Sith on the Star Forge.

Or don't we? *evil laugh* Good glowing effects, in any case. It looks good enough to play through KotOR again when I get the chance.

EDIT: Besides, 2DA editing is easy as finding the square-root of -121.

Inyri
12-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Because of your great tip , I delved deep into my Hard Drive and found those guns who refused to work correctly .

Now they do ! Yippieeeeeeeeeee ! 2 of the 3 is now in the game .I've created a monster...... everybody run for the hills! :p

glovemaster
12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
:lol: ¬.¬ I sence a lot of work is to come... :p

jonathan7
12-15-2007, 11:24 PM
This mod is not only groundbreaking but unbelievably sexy! I can't wait for it to come out. Quanon I am insanely jealous of your uber amazing modding skills; all the screenies look fantastic mate! The community is certainly lucky to have modders like you!

On a side note; does the importing of areas mean importing custom created creatures might be possible, or is that a long way off/impossible because of animations? Its just I always wanted to see Aliens vs Jedi ;)

xrefusex
12-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Aliens? Totally!

Quanon
12-16-2007, 08:17 AM
This mod is not only groundbreaking but unbelievably sexy! I can't wait for it to come out. Quanon I am insanely jealous of your uber amazing modding skills; all the screenies look fantastic mate! The community is certainly lucky to have modders like you!

On a side note; does the importing of areas mean importing custom created creatures might be possible, or is that a long way off/impossible because of animations? Its just I always wanted to see Aliens vs Jedi ;)

For the moment its not possible to add things with animations , things like doors , new creatures , traffic ... you name it ! :lol:

Though this a bit beyond my skills , certainly creatures .

I have no idea how to setup the files , so that the game can use the animations properly + animating is dang hard job .

Unless you like cardboard , stiff movement ;) .

Still it looks like something dang fun to do , so I might give it a shot once .

I've created a monster...... everybody run for the hills!

A sexy monster that is ! GrRrrRRRrrRRRrr :naughty:

glovemaster
12-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Even if we did have "the power to animate" it would probably take a very long time since there are so many different animations; walking, running, combat, more combat, proberly a few more combat animations... stasis, whirlwind, pushed, death.. the list goes on..

xrefusex
12-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I recall a picture on the Team Gizka site, where they had a new 'lean-against-the-wall' animation, so I'm guessing it probably is possible, but I doubt anyone has the time or interest in developing the appropriate tools and knowhow... I mean, we are only just getting to see totally new areas in KotoR thanks to Quanon!

Perhaps someone with skills in 3d character animation might be able to shed some light on this.

Taak Farst
12-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow Quanon, people say modders aren't great overnight, but maybe you are a special case :) OH NO YOU COULD BE THE REVAN OF MODDING

Truly Magnificent work Quanon, keep it up, I tried KAurora once and I didn't even know what one bit meant :lol: I only TRY to use it for sabers. I truly admire your modding skills :king1:

Quanon
12-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I recall a picture on the Team Gizka site, where they had a new 'lean-against-the-wall' animation, so I'm guessing it probably is possible, but I doubt anyone has the time or interest in developing the appropriate tools and knowhow... I mean, we are only just getting to see totally new areas in KotoR thanks to Quanon!

Perhaps someone with skills in 3d character animation might be able to shed some light on this.

I just know this : Team Gizka Replaced an animation .

I also know that the Kotor games have some sort of Master Skeleton file for human characters , or humie aliens .

You have one for Males and 1 for Females and a third I think .

These files don't contain a model , but all the animations !

I once opened one and its about 16.000 frames long .

Everything is included : all the differant Fighting anims , like flurry attack , but you have 3 kinds ( for each upgrade in that skill ) , you have anims for the force powers , anims for being hit , for being idle , walking woundend in various degrees ... it goes on and on .

Though creatures have their own sets , stored mostly in the model itself .

Thats why like Master Vandar lacks certain anims . If we had the power , someone might one day add extra animations for certain characters .

Though animation is an art on its own .

Its indeed not impossible , but hard to do a real new animation .

Anyway , I got another gun in the game : ( though its not using the all 4 bullethooks :( so there goes the mega blasting minigun )

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/MiniGunz.jpg

EDIT : Kacha finannly some extra stuff in tha temple :p
Did I mention statues , well here they are xD

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Extra_Detail.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Extra_Detail2.jpg

Darth InSidious
12-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Oooh! I like the statues, Quanon!

The temple kinda makes me think of Korriban in JKA, actually, but with a more crusader-y "Mystic Q-Shaped Building of the Knights Templar"-thing going on. :p

Very, very cool. :D

Marius Fett
12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks good enough to be part of Biowares cut content :D

Probably better.... :)