PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Bryar Pistol and Bryar Rifle

Inyri
11-21-2007, 02:49 AM
I haven't done a WIP in a while, and since it'll probably be at least... tomorrow before I finish, I thought I might as well. Since I do plan to finish. After a 3 hour UV mapping session... I'm darn well gonna finish!

So when I asked Shem what a good gun to make would be he recommended the bryar pistol (as seen in Jedi Knight, as as poorly seen in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy), and after some research I discovered that the bryar pistol is actually a sawed-off rifle, which made the whole concept of the gun make complete sense after, what, 10 years? :p

Anyway, I decided to take Shem's advice and have a go at it, since I'm very fond of the bryar pistol. As I inferred I just finished unwrapping the dang thing, so I'm going to spend an hour or two texturing and call it a night. Got a couple pics of them so far, though -- one is vertex colored and the other's got the uv map checkers.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/bryarset.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/bryar_checkers.jpg

oldflash
11-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Great looking weapons even untextured. I like the design. Good job.

herosinger
11-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Nice! Very detailed, too.

Quanon
11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah the Bryar gun :p

It's the first gun form Dark Forces , wooot :lol: , *some fond memory pops up in my head*

Is it possible to tell me how do you get in the game , good .

Cause I have some guns lingering around , but they always tend to float around the character instead of being in his hands .

And I was sick of re-doing the hassle in MDLops , I just fear I might be missing a step ?

Sith Holocron
11-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Nicely done! I'm looking forward to downloading this

Inyri
11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah the Bryar gun :p

It's the first gun form Dark Forces , wooot :lol: , *some fond memory pops up in my head*

Is it possible to tell me how do you get in the game , good .

Cause I have some guns lingering around , but they always tend to float around the character instead of being in his hands .

And I was sick of re-doing the hassle in MDLops , I just fear I might be missing a step ?You really just need to line it up with one of the existing guns. And never forget to reset your transforms before you link it all up. :)

Quanon
11-21-2007, 04:00 PM
You really just need to line it up with one of the existing guns. And never forget to reset your transforms before you link it all up. :)

Before the link , eh ??? Linking at the AuroraBase you mean ? Kinda empty headed tonight . :p

Damn that might just be it ! :lol:

I was doing that Reset a 100.000.000.000 times and still the thing refuses to be in the right spot .

Guess I should retry .

Oh and a another quick question :D

The bullet hook is where the FX-effects ( "bullets" ) come out of the nozzle .
Have you ever tried to add more then one ?

Cause I have a type of minigun modeled , and I just want it to fire about Six bolts a time :lol: , so that when you rapid fire the things starts to spew laser bolts all over the place .

Anyway thx already for the enlighting tip .

Looking forward to the skin of the gun .

Inyri
11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
No, I've never tried adding more than one bullethook. Might be interesting, though. I might have to give it a try... maybe with a model that doesn't take so long to compile though. :p

DarthJebus05
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Nice work, Inyri. I love it.

Jasper_Kazai
11-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Looks awesome. It's hard for me to tell from the angle, but it looks like the pistol you modeled is a bit shorter than I remember.

BlazingPhoenix
11-22-2007, 12:31 AM
The trusty bryar pistol returns. :D
Awesome work.

Quanon
11-22-2007, 01:11 PM
No, I've never tried adding more than one bullethook. Might be interesting, though. I might have to give it a try... maybe with a model that doesn't take so long to compile though. :p

That much poly and verts ,ay ? :lol:

Kainzorus Prime
11-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Excellent work.

Inyri
11-23-2007, 01:20 AM
That much poly and verts ,ay ? :lol:Don't even ask. :lol:

Prime
11-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Very cool!

Darth Xander
11-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Fantastic.

Marius Fett
11-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Sweet mother of god thats some quality modelling right there....

Nice work Inyri :D

Inyri
11-24-2007, 09:31 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/bscreen1.jpg

Just about finished, thanks to some inspiration I got earlier on how to fix the smoothing groups. Just gotta wait for Shem to pop on MSN...

Quanon
11-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Just about finished, thanks to some inspiration I got earlier on how to fix the smoothing groups. Just gotta wait for Shem to pop on MSN...

Holy Jesus Christ , that's a sweet looking guns you got there :D

You can add smoothing to meshes ?? I mean the game actually uses them , woooww .

What's the secret technique , it could come in handy for some of my experiments :p .

Man , when will these baby's be up for download , I want to start playing DF again :lol:

Inyri
11-25-2007, 02:11 PM
All welded vertices will be smoothed. Which, trust me, is a pain because I primarily use smoothing groups, which the game doesn't recognize unless you manually break the vertices afterward. Which is also a pain. :p

They'll be available for download as soon as I can catch Shem or Emperor Devon on MSN.