PDA

View Full Version : Editing merchants, infinite items go to 1

Aeroldoth
12-12-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm trying to edit some merchants to carry some extra stuff. When I extract them with KT the quantity of their infinite items is listed as 1, yet are infinite in-game. However, after adding some items and saving, those infinite items are now actually only appearing once.

I don't see any way to add new columns or variables. What number am I supposed to enter so that infinite items stay infinite?

RedHawke
12-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Merchants have an infinite item byte if I recall correctly you can copy that node on to any other item you want to set to infinite. Or something like that... been a while. ;)

stoffe
12-13-2007, 07:09 AM
I don't see any way to add new columns or variables. What number am I supposed to enter so that infinite items stay infinite?

I think KotorTool doesn't handle all the optional fields for stores, and might strip them out when you modify a store file with it. Like Redhawke said, an item is marked as having infinite supply by adding an "Infinite" BYTE value and setting it to 1 in the struct for that item.

You can do this with a GFF editor in the UTM file. This thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147231) contains some information about the structure of the UTM store template files.